Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, not you again said:

I'm not sure why this one is the tipping point, but my gut reaction upon looking at JereME in this photo is, "my god, he must be insufferable!"

I've never met a young man who wears bow ties outside of tuxedos to NOT be a total douche.

That interview they did with the Roloff's was nuts. I got to the part about him telling Jinger when he's tempted and it just confirmed every worst-case-scenario assumption about him. I really think he "confides" in her about being tempted to sin as a means to control and emotionally manipulate her. It keeps her unbalanced, knowing that he looks at other women and he's interested, especially so soon after getting married. We already knew that Jinger's all about keeping up a perfect front for Babe, but she really must run herself ragged trying to be "perfect" enough for him not to stray.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I've never met a young man who wears bow ties outside of tuxedos to NOT be a total douche.

That interview they did with the Roloff's was nuts. I got to the part about him telling Jinger when he's tempted and it just confirmed every worst-case-scenario assumption about him. I really think he "confides" in her about being tempted to sin as a means to control and emotionally manipulate her. It keeps her unbalanced, knowing that he looks at other women and he's interested, especially so soon after getting married. We already knew that Jinger's all about keeping up a perfect front for Babe, but she really must run herself ragged trying to be "perfect" enough for him not to stray.

And the sad part is she really thinks she is in love. She is playing house with a man who thinks he is God's gift to the universe and women. I do not understand what she sees in him. She is nothing but someone to stroke his ego. JB should be slap along side the head for letting Jinger marry Jermeme.

18 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Did you listen to the whole interview? I can’t bring myself to do it but would love to know what else they said.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

God forbid it to happen but would happen if one of the Duggar children lost their spouse, that is become a widow? Would they be brought into the family fold or become outcast?

Look at the way they treated Anna after the Smug's scandal one and two hit the fan. They might as well drag her out in public and say she is the reason why he is a cheating piece of scum.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Look at the way they treated Anna after the Smug's scandal one and two hit the fan. They might as well drag her out in public and say she is the reason why he is a cheating piece of scum.

Great point!!!

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not a fan of Jinger's outfit but Kendra looks cute. Joe looks like a complete mess.

Maybe, but Joe's jeans are ironed!  When have any Duggar ever worn ironed clothes?  I like Jinger's posture.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

None of the married Duggar daughters have a clue. Deredick could known as The Idiot Moron Without a Freaking Clue.

I agree about the Duggar daughters. None of them have a clue, but none of them are rebels. Since they have to follow their headships, if Jeremy is a rebel than Jinger must be one too. (Similar to “Jeremy likes books..”)

I like your title for Derrick much better than mine!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EVS said:

I agree about the Duggar daughters. None of them have a clue, but none of them are rebels. Since they have to follow their headships, if Jeremy is a rebel than Jinger must be one too. (Similar to “Jeremy likes books..”)

I like your title for Derrick much better than mine!

Jeremy likes books. Jeremy likes steak sauce on his hamburgers. Jinger now likes books and likes steak sauce on her hamburgers too. No idea if he really likes steak sauce on his hamburgers, but I am trying to make a point on how Jinger has been "trained" to go along with Jermeme.

7 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Briefs or boxers for the Holy Goalie

UGH!!! I just lost my appetite.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jeremy likes books. Jeremy likes steak sauce on his hamburgers. Jinger now likes books and likes steak sauce on her hamburgers too. No idea if he really likes steak sauce on his hamburgers, but I am trying to make a point on how Jinger has been "trained" to go along with Jermeme.

Gotcha

• Love 1

Summary from free jinger:

f9c7ba6e-5f78-4088-877b-9a4431029b1b.thumb.jpg.8ffd45a4c7dc4dbf2d4aea5351ca9b0e.jpg

Edit: So you're telling me Jinger is the one commenting on Jeremy's page, liking all those soccer posts,  and following all those Male fashion pages?

I found it strange that Jeremy doesn't follow Audrey but follows Jeremy R. Too much temptation from that harlot.

3315d3d3-6b09-42cc-b149-ffda597175ef.png.74d4fb249eeeab216838f61c289e62e8.png

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I mentioned a few months ago that he seems to be Svengali in pretty clothes.  Not that I think is going to harm Jinj,  just use his age and experience to control every part of their relationship for his goals.

Edited by fonfereksglen
I'm starting to say months like Dr. Now.
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

f9c7ba6e-5f78-4088-877b-9a4431029b1b.thumb.jpg.8ffd45a4c7dc4dbf2d4aea5351ca9b0e.jpg

Does Jermeme not realize he does not need the internet or social media to be tempted. How does he think men and women were tempted before the internet came about. The whole thing reminds me of one of my husband's sisters and her husband. He was talking and flirting with women on the internet until one of them showed up at the house one day. My sister-in-law canceled the internet, but it may not have stop him with "visiting' with other women. He was also a truck driver at one time, but she started to go with him on his trips. My sister-in-law is a witch, but still if there is no trust in the relationship why stay together.

3 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Can you imagine Jinger saying: I like green eggs and ham Jeremy

She probably has said it to Babe.

The wife controlling the husband's phone is a Gothard thing. The Duggars spoke about it numerous times. It goes along with their Nike bullshit.

According to Gothard, men are tempted visually and women are tempted in their hearts. Men need to avert their eyes looking at sexy women and women should not read romance novels.

You. Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
31 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So how is it that men are the only ones qualified to be headships and leaders yet simultaneously they’re so pathetically enslaved to their dicks that they can’t be trusted with a cell phone?

I'm guessing this is just something Jeremy is saying for show. It boosts their image as the perfect godly family. In practice, he's a famewhore, and I bet he can't stay away from social media.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Edit: So you're telling me Jinger is the one commenting on Jeremy's page, liking all those soccer posts,  and following all those Male fashion pages?

All I can figure is that he doesn't have instagram on his own phone. But his instagram is on Jingle's phone.

So when he wants to use it -- and he obviously does use it, because I don't think Jingle follows European bespoke men's shoe makers or a bunch of Calvinist publishers or preachersnsneakers, or exchanges love posts with Cade, etc. -- he just grabs Jingle's phone....

Which suggests to me that he spends a lot of time with Jingle's phone.....Time, I might add, when Jingle's own phone isn't available to her.....And I think he's home photographing his school books and writing his sermons most days. So all he has to do to get Jingle's phone is walk into the next room......Plus, to photograph his school books he has to bring Jingle's phone back into his office.....

So basically Jeremy has two phones -- one with instagram and one without. And Jingle gets to share the instagrammed phone with him any time he doesn't want to use it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not a fan of Jinger's outfit but Kendra looks cute. Joe looks like a complete mess.

I think Kendra and Jinger look lovely. Jeremy looks nice. Joe is the quintessential Duggar mess with his rumpled, ill-fitting clothing. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So how is it that men are the only ones qualified to be headships and leaders yet simultaneously they’re so pathetically enslaved to their dicks that they can’t be trusted with a cell phone?

Yes, somehow is always comes back to this, doesn't it? 

I think they got qualified several millennia ago because they didn't spent any part of their lives pregnant and nursing. So they were free 100 percent of the time to fight for and then exert power, while most women lost that ability for some years in the prime of their youthful vigor and strength. 

And once the men got into the leadership positions, they spent all the brainpower they had figuring out how they could get to keep them forever......

So, among other things, they invented "religious" stories that told women to sit down and shut up. Then they made all their coercive inventions into time-honored traditions and women were permanently stuck in the down position. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
47 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I'm guessing this is just something Jeremy is saying for show. It boosts their image as the perfect godly family. In practice, he's a famewhore, and I bet he can't stay away from social media.

I listened to the beginning of the podcast. There he claimed that he was initially troubled and reluctant about the idea of marrying into the TeeVee family and, for example, having his wedding on tv.

Because he was already a young full-time pastor that people were already looking up at, he was very worried that the additional adulation he'd receive by being on television as well would be a grave temptation for a young pastor.

But then he prayed about it, and he realized that he'd be doing the TeeVee thing as essentially a favor to God -- by portraying on television what it really means to strive for purity and serve Jesus wholly in your life and in your marriage. And putting on tv an extremely rare example of a truly Christ-centered wedding so people could see it and learn.

I kid you not. He actually said this. 

How this squares with being a person who's now super-hot-to-trot-to-Los Angeles and to buddy up with fellow fame-chaser Cade -- and who started his adult life absolutely convinced that he was going to serve the lord by being the world's best soccer goalie -- and who posts picture after picture of himself in which even his tousled hair is posed to mimic a male fashion model and so on --  I don't know. 

Oh, he also noted that he married JIngle because he could tell right away that she'd always love Jesus more than she loves him.....I get what he's saying here....but I don't believe he really means it .....

EMLTA: Also at the beginning he noted quickly that he already was a young "full-time" pastor when he met Jingle. And he focused completely on one aspect of that in describing it -- he talked about how he was already in a elevated position of influence and respect .... Nothing about pastoring, nothing about fostering people, nothing about feeling humble and hoping he wasn't out of his depth as a young person in this position, nothing about feeling the actual weight of the position or having it be a massive learning experience, etc. Nothing about how "I was fortunate enough to have this experience" or "someone was kind enough to mentor me in this position." Nothing. 

Granted, this was just one comment. But it really struck me that he zeroed in entirely on the idea of being the center of attention and power -- and that he was young and yet he was the full-time power center of the church and without a whisper of any self-doubt or humility of any kind. Which is just the impression a lot of us have had. 

I do have to give him points for honesty, though. Despite having no training or experience, he obviously felt equal to the job and he doesn't lie and pretend that he's modest when he's not. ... I guess to me that makes him delusional!...but he's not hypocritical, at least about this. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I listened to the beginning of the podcast. There he claimed that he was initially troubled and reluctant about the idea of marrying into the TeeVee family. Because he was already a young full-time pastor that people were already looking up at, he was very worried that the additional adulation he'd receive by being on television as well would be a grave temptation for a young pastor. But then he prayed about it, and he realized that he'd be doing the TeeVee thing as essentially a favor to God -- by portraying on television what it really means to strive for purity and serve Jesus wholly in your life and in your marriage.

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Jinger better not stand too close to him. From what I understand, God hates a liar.

What.a.total.bullshitter. So now in his mind he married down?

Even a Duggar deserves better than this.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I listened to the beginning of the podcast. There he claimed that he was initially troubled and reluctant about the idea of marrying into the TeeVee family and, for example, having his wedding on tv.

Because he was already a young full-time pastor that people were already looking up at, he was very worried that the additional adulation he'd receive by being on television as well would be a grave temptation for a young pastor.

But then he prayed about it, and he realized that he'd be doing the TeeVee thing as essentially a favor to God -- by portraying on television what it really means to strive for purity and serve Jesus wholly in your life and in your marriage. And putting on tv an extremely rare example of a truly Christ-centered wedding so people could see it and learn.

How this squares with being a person who's now super-hot-to-trot-to-Los Angeles and to buddy up with fellow fame-chaser Cade -- and who started his adult life absolutely convinced that he was going to serve the lord by being the world's best soccer goalie -- and who posts picture after picture of himself in which even his tousled hair is posed to mimic a male fashion model and so on --  I don't know. 

Silly stuff, since he has never been a full time pastor.... anywhere....ever.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Sorry everyone for the loud noise, but my bullshit radar is ringing along. Now if you excuse me I need to peel Sassy off the ceiling while she is rolling her eyes because her bullshit radar is ringing loud enough to scare her and all our animal friends in the neighborhood. I am also will look at buying shovels for all of us so we all can dig through the Jermeme bullshit.

Edited by bigskygirl
10 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Silly stuff, since he has never been a full time pastor.... anywhere....ever.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought! ... And in a couple sentences, I swear he used the word "full-time" more than once.....

Although I think that might have been consciousness of guilt.  ;  )

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Could you imagine if the Holy Goalie as well as the Duggars where Catholics could you imagine their confessions?

Boring as hell.  They would put the priest to sleep with their long rambling confessions.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Boring as hell.  They would put the priest to sleep with their long rambling confessions.   

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I was looking at my sister's hair and felt jealous. Not jealous, jealous because I have hair. Long hair. But jealous that her curls looked bouncier than mine. I spoke with mamma at 3am and she said to say some Hail Marys and and confess to you. Is there a patron saint of hair Father? Should I pray to the hair saint? Do you forgive me father? Will God forgive me? Father should I come up with a word to tell myself to avoid looking at my sister's bouncy curls? Am I bad Father? Oh Father forgive me, but I want bouncy curls...

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree but Jinger won’t eat much regardless. Especially not carbs.😢

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Did you listen to the whole interview? I can’t bring myself to do it but would love to know what else they said.

Not yet. I listened to it in pieces and stopped after that bit. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I found it strange that Jeremy doesn't follow Audrey but follows Jeremy R. Too much temptation from that harlot.

3315d3d3-6b09-42cc-b149-ffda597175ef.png.74d4fb249eeeab216838f61c289e62e8.png

So only MEN are tempted? It’s not a problem for Jinger to have the apps on her phone? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So only MEN are tempted? It’s not a problem for Jinger to have the apps on her phone? 

Well, yeah. It's not like they're people, they're WOMEN. He talks about his wife like she is a particularly well-trained pet.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Most definitely boxers!!  Don't you think?

I donno about that I might like to feast my eyes on Jeremy in a pair of Jockey undies.  LOL

Could be his little secret!

image.png.9f74458056676f1baccbd6d75816b369.png

image.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wouldn’t the way out of all this temptation be to simply stay off social media?

Yeah, but then you wouldn't get to yap on and on about how omnipresent and overwhelming the temptation to sin is in our degenerate day.

And the lengths to which you're willing to go to resist all these irresistible temptations.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Most definitely boxers!!  Don't you think?

No, boxer briefs.  I need brain bleach after this, but I see Jeremy as someone who likes things fitted but not you daddy's tighty-whiteys.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, Lunera said:

Like, just freaking say you had the hots for each other and were ready to bang.

Also, Jeremy say he had been looking for a wife because he felt out of place and had many temptations being a young pastor without a wife. 

So he got married to have sex and fit in...omfg. How...high school of him.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

All I can figure is that he doesn't have instagram on his own phone. But his instagram is on Jingle's phone.

So when he wants to use it -- and he obviously does use it, because I don't think Jingle follows European bespoke men's shoe makers or a bunch of Calvinist publishers or preachersnsneakers, or exchanges love posts with Cade, etc. -- he just grabs Jingle's phone....

Which suggests to me that he spends a lot of time with Jingle's phone.....Time, I might add, when Jingle's own phone isn't available to her.....And I think he's home photographing his school books and writing his sermons most days. So all he has to do to get Jingle's phone is walk into the next room......Plus, to photograph his school books he has to bring Jingle's phone back into his office.....

So basically Jeremy has two phones -- one with instagram and one without. And Jingle gets to share the instagrammed phone with him any time he doesn't want to use it. 

I think you're right because I refuse to believe that he just meekly has turned over all the social media to Jinger. 

It is really a subtle way of controlling Jinger, too, under the guise of her helping him since she would have no privacy on her own phone. 

Edited to add:

It gives the illusion of her being in control, but he still has the privacy of his own phone and she doesn't. 

If this is true it also indicates how little time he's devoting to his pastor duties. I feel like you'd have to have a lot of free time on your hands (and your wife would too) for this arrangement to work.

6 hours ago, not you again said:

I'm not sure why this one is the tipping point, but my gut reaction upon looking at JereME in this photo is, "my god, he must be insufferable!"

LOL As soon as I saw it, I thought, "Jeremy is looking even more pretentious than normal today." I don't really find Jeremy attractive, but I do think he looks better with the stubble, which is not true of every guy. Every time he shaves his face, he looks like an alien. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And once the men got into the leadership positions, they spent all the brainpower they had figuring out how they could get to keep them forever......

So, among other things, they invented "religious" stories that told women to sit down and shut up. Then they made all their coercive inventions into time-honored traditions and women were permanently stuck in the down position. 

Exactly, this!  I wish I could "like" this more than once.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wouldn’t the way out of all this temptation be to simply stay off social media?

But . . . but . . . then he couldn't tell the world (via his poor ignorant wife, apparently) about his impeccable clothing, theological, and literary taste! 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 9