Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm never sure what to think about the reddit speculations. In some ways they always seem too keeping with what is already shared. 

It does all make sense to me. Jeremy sounds more like his in-laws than he seems. Including the PDA. 

I hope that it's true he has job doing adminstrative work for his school, because he is attending the university already and might as well work there.

The part "that he was hesitant about doing the show because it might attract people to his church who have "illicit" intentions and that it might attract "the enemy" sounds familar because about two years ago, I saw part of one of Jeremy's sermons. In that sermon, he mentioned that he felt people had come to his church with  "bad intentions" and his church was turning people away.  I don't remember his exact words, but I do remember he mentioned  the church turning people away due to not trusting their intentions. 

I also might attend something if I could see the Duggars in person for free, and I don't consider myself a fan. 

The biggest thing that sounds false to me is that he seems to imply that Jinger has no opinions on scripture herself. Jeremy has called both of his parents including his mother, a role model of faith.  It seems like he tries to make their relationship seem more like equals in his social media. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

If the AMA reddit account is true, I'm surprised that Jer would be rubbing Jinger's leg repeatedly in front of a crowd. That seems immodest. But I wouldn't put it past Jer.

I mean it’s no dry humping on a golf course, but....

what happened to the bleach?

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm never sure what to think about the reddit speculations. In some ways they always seem too keeping with what is already shared. 

It does all make sense to me. Jeremy sounds more like his in-laws than he seems. Including the PDA. 

I hope that it's true he has job doing adminstrative work for his school, because he is attending the university already and might as well work there.

The part "that he was hesitant about doing the show because it might attract people to his church who have "illicit" intentions and that it might attract "the enemy" sounds familar because about two years ago, I saw part of one of Jeremy's sermons. In that sermon, he mentioned that he felt people had come to his church with  "bad intentions" and his church was turning people away.  I don't remember his exact words, but I do remember he mentioned  the church turning people away due to not trusting their intentions. 

I also might attend something if I could see the Duggars in person for free, and I don't consider myself a fan. 

The biggest thing that sounds false to me is that he seems to imply that Jinger has no opinions on scripture herself. Jeremy has called both of his parents including his mother, a role model of faith.  It seems like he tries to make their relationship seem more like equals in his social media. 

What kind of church ever turns people away?

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What kind of church ever turns people away?

A lousy one. Lots of them. Lots and lots. Unfortunately. Judgmentalism is a powerful culture.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

They were back in LA last week.

When I see a glimpse of what life is like being filmed, I can't even imagine living like this! It'd be one thing if they were actors with scripts, but so weird to supposedly go about your life and conversations with all those people around you listening and watching. (but of course in many ways they are actors/acting)

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

but I do remember he mentioned  the church turning people away due to not trusting their intentions. 

WWJD? But then I guess game recognizes game. Jer, being an opportunist, can certainly pick up on it in others.

That pulpit pic makes me realize what is son unattractive about Jer, to me - the lips. I just can't find him attractive at all. My compliments to Cade for having God's most cherished hairstyle.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

When I see a glimpse of what life is like being filmed, I can't even imagine living like this! It'd be one thing if they were actors with scripts, but so weird to supposedly go about your life and conversations with all those people around you listening and watching. (but of course in many ways they are actors/acting)

Just think what it is like for little children....preteens .... young adolescents. Especially when their parents force them to film like the Gosselins, Roloffs and Duggars .  And fill in every show with minors, even if the parents are likable.

The little I saw of the Roloffs astonished me.  Because of an endless remodel, those three boys didnt even have a bedroom.  They slept wherever they could, often with a film crew wandering around.  That was so wrong.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if this was TLC filming, or if it was church related.

Me, too. 

My curiosity about this thing knows no bounds. I guess because I've been obsessed with the Duggars for years and years and then got obsessed with the Calvinist revival in America a while after that and then got obsessed with MacArthur's issues when the allegations came up about his schools. .... And now here are all those things colliding. 

Having looked again at the Reddit thing a day later, it now sounds completely bogus to me!

But I have Duggar/Calvinist/MacArthur-nepotism Derangement Syndrome and I'm desperate for anything that might answer my current big question: What was Jer promised that allowed him to quit his job and move to California with a baby? And does the promise come just from MacArthur or is TLC somehow involved in it, too? 

I can understand MacArthur and company wanting to see if the Vuolos' million-woman social-media following might get them more exposure among younger people and then potentially get more of those people into the church. And now that Cade's in the mix, I can see them thinking that, once these women are alerted to the church's existence via Jer's and Jingle's social-media, Cade's presence might actually get them into the seats....

But are they really thinking this? And does the TLC show factor in somehow? Does TLC have anything to do with Jer's confidence that he'll have enough money? 

And then -- will this scheme actually accomplish anything for the church? ..... After all, they need southern-California butts in seats. But the Vuolos' million-plus are clearly spread out all over the country (and world, even) and likely represent a considerably broader age spectrum than the church (or any church) currently needs to target....Plus, a lot of them are hatewatchers and a lot are probably also adequately churched right where they are. And while celebrities like Bieber seemed to bring a lot of non-celebs into Hillsong (or so I've read), that church had actual celebrities. Not Jer, Jingle and a fifth-place finisher on Idol (although he does have curly hair...)

They probably only need a thousand or two new members to shore themselves up pretty well for the time being. But can they get that many? 

And if this scheme does work for MacArthur, will that then cement terrible-preacher Jer's desired future as a high-profile pastor in a prominent church? ... Because I still don't see who's going to want to listen to him week after week. (except Cade, I guess. Cade's very enthusiastic. .... I do wonder whether The Master's Seminary people are as enthusiastic, though. Seems to me they may just want the social-media followers....)

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well, who is Michael O Mahoney?  A quick google shows he's a producer, so I guess this is for TLC?

It's actually Michael P......He's from MacArthur's church and he seems to be the one who introduced Jer and Cade, or at least he was around at the time. Here's how he describes himself on his Instagram -- 

michael.p.mahoney

228 followers

110 following

Pastor of Administration Grace Community Church, Los Angeles, CA. 
2 Corinthians 4:7

So that makes me really curious about the cameras. Are they church cameras, or is TLC actually filming Jer's church connectIon? Because they've really avoided doing that with the Duggars in general, for the most part. 

(The number of followers he has also suggests why they might be interested in Jer and Jingle!  ;  )              )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's actually Michael P......

OOpss!

Well in that case, I'm leaning that this is filming for the church.  TLC usually uses the "boom" style mics on a pole.  I'm definitely no expert, not does that one technical difference probably mean anything, but it just reeks of church promotion to me.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

OOpss!

Well in that case, I'm leaning that this is filming for the church.  TLC usually uses the "boom" style mics on a pole.  I'm definitely no expert, not does that one technical difference probably mean anything, but it just reeks of church promotion to me.

Yeah, I think you're probably right about that. 

Which leaves us with the old question -- What -- and how much -- does the church expect to get out of promotions run with Jer and Jingle? 

And, of course, now that they're this closely entwined with a church, will TLC film anything related to that? 

The Vuolos and Cade get two pics each on Mahoney's little Instagram spread here. ... I don't think anybody else gets more than one... So what does that mean? I'm really joining the tinfoil hat brigade....

https://www.instagram.com/michael.p.mahoney/?utm_source=ig_embed

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, rainclouds said:

This one too

Not to harp on it ...

So the poster has proof they attended the event? Has a picture of themselves with the Vuolos? I'm guessing there's no way to prove what the poster actually saw or heard though.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Not to harp on it ...

So the poster has proof they attended the event? Has a picture of themselves with the Vuolos? I'm guessing there's no way to prove what the poster actually saw or heard though.

The proof is between the poster and the mod. I imagine the Q and A was recorded and we will see it soon enough. Churches usually record things like this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

No surprise, but John MacArthur is reportedly spinning the accreditation thing as evidence that he and his institution are doing things very right -- the evidence for this being that "The Enemy" (he of the horns and the pointy tail) is working so hard against him in the accreditation process

Yeesh. They're really all alike. And Jer, it turns out, may love a cult-leader type as much as JB and M do. Just a different one.

MacArthur said this to Jer's first-year class: 

This year's entering students have “come to the seminary at the most appropriate and opportune time ever. These are the best of times for us, and we know that because the Enemy is working so hard.”

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2019/04/03/john-macarthur-demonstrates-expertise-in-the-destructive-and-self-preservation-tools-of-ingratiation-and-gaslighting/comment-page-1/#comment-458541

One of his detractors, on the other hand, the person who's writing this, calls it gaslighting and spiritual abuse. And suggests that he's using multiple ploys that tend to be pretty successful in gathering a committed army of followers around you....... 

"he is flattering them for choosing his seminary and makes them feel like they have come to the seminary at the very best time. I find his comment far-fetched. Really – he’s never been more thrilled and excited than this moment when the seminary and university are on accreditation probation? Hmm"

Said Macarthur -- "''And as many other schools are floundering, trying to find some kind of meaningful, cohesive direction, we know exactly where we are going, and we have the leadership and the people to get it done as we have for these many years.' "

Said the critic -- "John MacArthur is using ingratiation. I have observed this behavior in many spiritual abusers....

"John MacArthur doesn’t want to self reflect because that would mean he would have to admit there is a problem. Instead, he builds TMS/TMU up by saying all of the other schools are floundering. John MacArthur does not sound very gracious."

And then -- MacArthur went on to tell what I would guess to be a blatant, um, skewed version of the truth-- that the chairman of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accrediting committee TOLD him that he was under attack (presumably by the devil) and prayed for him....So....the chairman of the WASC committee that made all the allegations of favoritism, bullying, intimidation and nepotism somehow also basically TOLD MacArthur that the whole thing was a scheme that meant he, MacArthur, was actually a martyr.... Uh-huh. Why do I think the conversation was more like this? Committee Chairman: I  gotta say, you got big trouble here, guy. Good luck straightening this mess out. 

Says the critic: 

"He then gives the students a short history of the seminary. While doing so, he publicly disses two nearby seminaries that do not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. Once again, he is elevating his own institution as the only correct institution. He’s just modeled to the students that it’s appropriate to call out nearby organizations if they do not measure up to your standards.....

"In reality, one cannot have the perfect seminary/university PLUS have a scathing WASC report at the same time. It doesn’t add up, so the only way to remedy this is by maintaining an image of perfection and shift the blame elsewhere: the Enemy, etc.

"In the audio, it’s amazing how much time he pushes the idea that it’s the Enemy’s fault for the accreditation probation. He said after they sent in the paperwork to WASCUS, everything looked good – no worries. But then after the team came for a few days and the review was done, at the exit meeting, the chairman of the committee said to John MacArthur in MacArthur’s office, 'You are under attack!' and even prayed for John MacArthur. All of this was presented in a way to really underscore what the chairman said, AND that he prayed for MacArthur and this “attack.” I want to know if the chairman goes to GCC [MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church], because it certainly seems odd that someone connected with WASCUS would use language like that and volunteer to pray for MacArthur."

So Mac described the accreditors' visit this way: 

"When speaking about the WASC visit, MacArthur said: 'What had happened in the three days is a rather orchestrated attack, if not by any human source, certainly by Satan himself. There was an attack directly on me, and it came in all kinds of forms.'"

And here may be the real explanation for why Jer and Jingle are moving to LA and why Jer's apparently tried to forge such a personal connection between him and his family, including Felicity, and MacArthur, his wife and favorite staff members, I think --

MacArthur "talks about the staff at TMU [The Master's University -- not The Master's Seminary, per se, because I guess the seminary staff are more closely allied to MacArthur....i.e., everybody who works there also goes to his church, perhaps?]  Get this, he says he cannot have 'influence' over staff if they go to other churches, or if he 'has no connection in their personal lives.' He sure likes to be able to control his minions! How dare any staff member go to a different church than Grace Community Church! How dare staff not have personal connections with their boss! Again, remember he is talking to seminary students who want to be just like their hero, John MacArthur, the best pastor in many of their eyes. (And is it any wonder why I have a file that I’ve kept since 2012 of stories from people who have been spiritually abused by pastors/graduates of TMS?)"

So.....if Jer wants to be close to MacArthur (and he so does, as we've seen via his social media of the last year), he can't be pastoring some church in another state or speaking of anybody else -- like Tim Conway, who gave him his job in Texas -- as any kind of mentor. He has to be on site and accepting only the influence of MacArthur. So basically, seems to me, he's buying into a cult. Because who talks like MacArthur's doing here unless they already are or are morphing into megalomaniacal cult leaders? 

And by moving there from so far away, Jer's clearly setting himself apart from all the other TMS (The Master's Seminary) students who are getting their degrees remotely and from all the TMU staff who have the temerity to attend churches other than MacArthur's. So he's putting himself on the fast track to being the cult leader's fair-haired boy. 

Says the critic -- 

MacArthur "mentions that people asked why they only found out about the accreditation probation on Facebook (rather than by an official notification from TMU/TMS). His response is very revealing. It shows what a power-hungry leader he truly is:

“'I’m going to be real honest with you. You didn’t have any right to find out about anything. That’s not your responsibility.'

"When I first heard that statement, it reminded me of what an abusive authoritarian parent might say to a child. Whenever a leader has to puff themselves up, belittle, and intentionally withhold information, it shows personal weakness, not strength.

"He ended this part of the talk on the accreditation probation by quoting more verses on whispers, wicked people, strife, tale bearers, the tongue which plots destruction, words that devour, and deceitful tongue. It’s an attack, people. He concluded, 'This is an attack. It could be worse, people could be shooting at us,' referring to recent school shootings.

"His institutions are on accreditation [probation] for real fixable issues, and he’s comparing the “Enemy’s attack” with school shootings – where real students and staff members died? John MacArthur is heartless and that was a cruel comparison. His pride has made him blind to the fact that the attacks are NOT from the Enemy – but his own personal sin, and for creating a climate of fear, intimidation and bullying by leaders."

So Jer's committing himself madly to MacArthur just as MacArhur's circling the wagons and sounding like a cult leader-- as "The Master" starts referring less to Jesus Christ and more to John MacArthur, seems to me. 

And it seems likely that Jer's doing this at least in part because that's happening. For one thing, he's one of the first-year students who undoubtedly heard this whole speech that's being discussed in this article. 

Plus, it's hard for me to see his giving up a job and moving to be near MacArthur as anything but a very overt act to show how much you agree with the guy and how deeply you're committed to being ON HIS TEAM and defending him in these battles. At least I haven't heard any other plausible explanation for the sudden job-quitting by the father of a young baby. There may well be a new job awaiting him in LA -- but seems pretty clear that he'll be getting it because he's showing this intense commitment to a man who, to my eyes, looks a little unhinged at present. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 14
On 4/8/2019 at 5:55 PM, rainclouds said:

The proof is between the poster and the mod. I imagine the Q and A was recorded and we will see it soon enough. Churches usually record things like this. 

Has a Q and A recording surfaced?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

No surprise, but John MacArthur is reportedly spinning the accreditation thing as evidence that he and his institution are doing things very right -- the evidence for this being that "The Enemy" (he of the horns and the pointy tail) is working so hard against him in the accreditation process

Yeesh. They're really all alike. And Jer, it turns out, may love a cult-leader type as much as JB and M do. Just a different one.

He said this to Jer's first-year class: 

This year's entering students have “come to the seminary at the most appropriate and opportune time ever. These are the best of times for us, and we know that because the Enemy is working so hard.”

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2019/04/03/john-macarthur-demonstrates-expertise-in-the-destructive-and-self-preservation-tools-of-ingratiation-and-gaslighting/comment-page-1/#comment-458541

One of his detractors, on the other hand, the person who's writing this, calls it gaslighting and spiritual abuse. And suggests that he's using multiple ploys that tend to be pretty successful in gathering a committed army of followers around you....... 

"he is flattering them for choosing his seminary and makes them feel like they have come to the seminary at the very best time. I find his comment far-fetched. Really – he’s never been more thrilled and excited than this moment when the seminary and university are on accreditation probation? Hmm"

Said Macarthur -- "''And as many other schools are floundering, trying to find some kind of meaningful, cohesive direction, we know exactly where we are going, and we have the leadership and the people to get it done as we have for these many years.' "

Said the critic -- "John MacArthur is using ingratiation. I have observed this behavior in many spiritual abusers....

"John MacArthur doesn’t want to self reflect because that would mean he would have to admit there is a problem. Instead, he builds TMS/TMU up by saying all of the other schools are floundering. John MacArthur does not sound very gracious."

And then -- MacArthur went on to tell what I would guess to be a blatant, um, skewed version of the truth-- that the chairman of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accrediting committee TOLD him that he was under attack (presumably by the devil) and prayed for him....So....the chairman of the WASC committee that made all the allegations of favoritism, bullying, intimidation and nepotism somehow also basically TOLD MacArthur that the whole thing was a scheme that meant he, MacArthur, was actually a martyr.... Uh-huh. Why do I think it was more like this? Committee Chairman: I  gotta say, you're in big trouble here, guy. Good luck straightening this mess out. 

Says the critic: 

"He then gives the students a short history of the seminary. While doing so, he publicly disses two nearby seminaries that do not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. Once again, he is elevating his own institution as the only correct institution. He’s just modeled to the students that it’s appropriate to call out nearby organizations if they do not measure up to your standards.....

"In reality, one cannot have the perfect seminary/university PLUS have a scathing WASC report at the same time. It doesn’t add up, so the only way to remedy this is by maintaining an image of perfection and shift the blame elsewhere: the Enemy, etc.

"In the audio, it’s amazing how much time he pushes the idea that it’s the Enemy’s fault for the accreditation probation. He said after they sent in the paperwork to WASCUS, everything looked good – no worries. But then after the team came for a few days and the review was done, at the exit meeting, the chairman of the committee said to John MacArthur in MacArthur’s office, 'You are under attack!' and even prayed for John MacArthur. All of this was presented in a way to really underscore what the chairman said, AND that he prayed for MacArthur and this “attack.” I want to know if the chairman goes to GCC [MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church], because it certainly seems odd that someone connected with WASCUS would use language like that and volunteer to pray for MacArthur."

So Mac described the accreditors' visit this way: 

"When speaking about the WASC visit, MacArthur said: 'What had happened in the three days is a rather orchestrated attack, if not by any human source, certainly by Satan himself. There was an attack directly on me, and it came in all kinds of forms.'"

And here may be the real explanation for why Jer and Jingle are moving to LA and why Jer's apparently tried to forge such a personal connection between him and his family, including Felicity, and MacArthur, his wife and favorite staff members, I think --

"He talks about the staff at TMU [The Master's University -- not The Master's Seminary, per se, because I guess the seminary staff are more closely allied to MacArthur....i.e., everybody who works there also goes to his church, perhaps?]  Get this, he says he cannot have 'influence' over staff if they go to other churches, or if he 'has no connection in their personal lives.' He sure likes to be able to control his minions! How dare any staff member go to a different church than Grace Community Church! How dare staff not have personal connections with their boss! Again, remember he is talking to seminary students who want to be just like their hero, John MacArthur, the best pastor in many of their eyes. (And is it any wonder why I have a file that I’ve kept since 2012 of stories from people who have been spiritually abused by pastors/graduates of TMS?)"

So.....if Jer wants to be close to MacArthur (and he so does, as we've seen via his social media of the last year), he can't be pastoring some church in another state or speaking of anybody else -- like Tim Conway, who gave him his job in Texas -- as any kind of mentor. He has to be on site and accepting only the influence of MacArthur. So basically, seems to me, he's buying into a cult. Because who talks like MacArthur's doing here unless they already are or are morphing into megalomaniacal cult leaders? 

And by moving there from so far away, Jer's clearly setting himself apart from all the other TMS (The Master's Seminary) students who are getting their degrees remotely and from all the TMU staff who have the temerity to attend churches other than MacArthur's. So he's putting himself on the fast track to being the cult leader's fair-haired boy. 

Says the critic -- 

MacArthur "mentions that people asked why they only found out about the accreditation probation on Facebook (rather than by an official notification from TMU/TMS). His response is very revealing. It shows what a power-hungry leader he truly is:

“'I’m going to be real honest with you. You didn’t have any right to find out about anything. That’s not your responsibility.'

"When I first heard that statement, it reminded me of what an abusive authoritarian parent might say to a child. Whenever a leader has to puff themselves up, belittle, and intentionally withhold information, it shows personal weakness, not strength.

"He ended this part of the talk on the accreditation probation by quoting more verses on whispers, wicked people, strife, tale bearers, the tongue which plots destruction, words that devour, and deceitful tongue. It’s an attack, people. He concluded, 'This is an attack. It could be worse, people could be shooting at us,' referring to recent school shootings.

"His institutions are on accreditation [probation] for real fixable issues, and he’s comparing the “Enemy’s attack” with school shootings – where real students and staff members died? John MacArthur is heartless and that was a cruel comparison. His pride has made him blind to the fact that the attacks are NOT from the Enemy – but his own personal sin, and for creating a climate of fear, intimidation and bullying by leaders."

So Jer's committing himself madly to MacArthur just as MacArhur's circling the wagons and sounding like a cult leader-- as "The Master" starts referring less to Jesus Christ and more to John MacArthur, seems to me. 

And it seems likely that Jer's doing this at least in part because that's happening. For one thing, he's one of the first-year students who undoubtedly heard this whole speech that's being discussed in this article. 

Plus, it's hard for me to see his giving up a job and moving to be near MacArthur as anything but a very overt act to show how much you agree with the guy and how deeply you're committed to being ON HIS TEAM and defending him in these battles. At least I haven't heard any other plausible explanation for the sudden job-quitting by the father of a young baby. There may well be a new job awaiting him in LA -- but seems pretty clear that he'll be getting it because he's showing this intense commitment to a man who, to my eyes, looks a little unhinged at present. 

Any idea as to how TLC could possibly film JerJer and Jing in LA without revealing JerJer to be a follower of this guy?  The suggestions that J and J might get their own TLC show seem way too out there considering why they are in LA.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Any idea as to how TLC could possibly film JerJer and Jing in LA without revealing JerJer to be a follower of this guy?  The suggestions that J and J might get their own TLC show seem way too out there considering why they are in LA.

Yeah, I agree. The "own show" thing wouldn't make sense. 

I suppose TLC'll go on just filming Jer and Jingle's family stuff with them as they've been doing up to now. They've done virtually nothing with Jer's previous job so they won't do anything with his studies/job(?) now either. except probably a vague mention. 

MacArthur won't get any personal tv exposure from it -- But if Jer and Jingle and Felicity (especially!) continue to make themselves lovable, he'd still get what I think he may have wanted in the first place: lots of very positive social-media mentions to a million-plus followers,  many of whom will be fans of his student and/or employee Jer on the show. 

And the show (and Jer's and Jingle's numbers of social-media followers?) might get some kind of boost in viewership from the LA move, too?

A lot of people seem to have said they're looking forward to seeing Jer and Jingle in the "real world" of LA -- so much going on there that's potentially more exciting than just more Duggarling courtships and babies. 

So people will just see Jer and Jingle and their various relatives experience LA, with just the barest discussion of why they're there. After all, TLC did that to some extent with the Gothard thing back in the beginning of 19 Kids, I gather -- it was shown in passing in the beginning, it seems, and then gradually disappeared almost completely.

The only difference now might be the fact that the Vuolos have a lot of social-media followers because of tv. But their social-media presence is really independent of tv, so they can talk there about anything they want, including things that never show up on the show -- like John MacArthur becoming unhinged.  ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree. The "own show" thing wouldn't make sense. 

I suppose TLC'll go on just filming Jer and Jingle's family stuff with them as they've been doing up to now. They've done virtually nothing with Jer's previous job so they won't do anything with his studies/job(?) now either. except probably a vague mention. 

MacArthur won't get any personal tv exposure from it -- But if Jer and Jingle and Felicity (especially!) continue to make themselves lovable, he'd still get what I think he may have wanted in the first place: lots of very positive social-media mentions to a million-plus followers,  many of whom will be fans of his student and/or employee Jer on the show. 

And the show (and Jer's and Jingle's numbers of social-media followers?) might get some kind of boost in viewership from the LA move, too?

A lot of people seem to have said they're looking forward to seeing Jer and Jingle in the "real world" of LA -- so much going on there that's potentially more exciting than just more Duggarling courtships and babies. 

So people will just see Jer and Jingle and their various relatives experience LA, with just the barest discussion of why they're there. After all, TLC did that to some extent with the Gothard thing back in the beginning of 19 Kids, I gather -- it was shown in passing in the beginning, it seems, and then gradually disappeared almost completely.

The only difference now might be the fact that the Vuolos have a lot of social-media followers because of tv. But their social-media presence is really independent of tv, so they can talk there about anything they want, including things that never show up on the show -- like John MacArthur becoming unhinged.  ;  )

Lots to think about.  Considering many magazines and celebrity websites use what is posted here as story ideas,  continuing to discuss JerJer and his studies should be continued. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Lots to think about.  Considering many magazines and celebrity websites use what is posted here as story ideas,  continuing to discuss JerJer and his studies should be continued. 

I like the way you think.     ;  )

• Love 7

Kind of sad that Jinger could be going from one cult to another. She doesn't know what she doesn't know and I hope her isolated life will keep her relatively happy amongst all the bullshit.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kind of sad that Jinger could be going from one cult to another. She doesn't know what she doesn't know and I hope her isolated life will keep her relatively happy amongst all the bullshit.

Exactly. 

I'm hoping for -- almost betting on -- Jer realizing after a while that he's made a mistake. I'm not sure this "the devil is doing it' stuff is going to work too well for MacArthur long term. Of course, I'm actually pretty surprised that he went so far down this road in the first place, so obviously my expectations for these people to show some rationality are way too high. 

I guess because they've had the accreditation since the 70s, they figured they'd never get called on anything. After all, they've had visits every six years or so for all this time. But the fact that they did get called out after so long strongly suggests to me that MacArthur has been getting a lot more autocratic recently. I suppose it's old age. In my experience, people who found and/or own organizations have a habit of kind of freaking out when they get old enough to have to think about passing their institutions/creations on to somebody else. 

Ironically, the major sexism of the place may be the best thing that's happened for Jingle. it's likely to leave her a lot less involved than she might be. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Yeah, you know how everyone though Jer didn't say the quote about leading the church as a man well beyond his years....I believed it right away. Just look at this dude's ego, and instagram, ffs.

The enemy is sure gonna have a fun time knocking Jer back down to earth. Ironically, Jer's enemy is Jesus.

Cade may be the saddest hanger on these people have attracted. Like worse than the R. family.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

2 Timothy 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Ezekiel 23:20

Train away, Jer...

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

751FA268-D6E3-4D1E-8125-3A2C3638E231.png

Surprise emoji doesn't do the trick on this one, really no surprise.  What a poser Jeremy is and what a sycophant Cade is!  To take something so supposedly personal, take a picture, like why is anyone else there, and post is as top of the line quality.  Ugh!  Churchhoney is right about Jeremy and this group.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Custom-designed lux” designer Bibles?????

Jesus wept.

I looked them up. Turns out what they do is take old bibles and refurbish them, mostly in very fancy ways. .... So they do have recycling going for them....   ;  ) 

I know that old bibles are a big heirloom type of thing for people...and it's nice not to just throw them out.  And I guess the gold and fine leather and all that is an homage to the sacredness of the book and such, which I do get, I guess....

.I'd be happier if Jer had said his refurbished bible belonged to a grandparent or something. But I'm thinking he must have just been given a freebie refurb in exchange for publicizing the company. 

• Love 13

He mentions nothing about the Bible’s history or that the company recycles, which is actually a good thing, I agree.

What does Poser Preacher highlight? “Totally custom-designed.”

He has now passed Derrick in my personal rankings of most disliked Duggars and adjacents. Congrats, you preening goober. Getting past Derrick the Hatemonger wasn’t easy.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

751FA268-D6E3-4D1E-8125-3A2C3638E231.png

Cade wants his rock music to be a ministry to Hollywood. So I'd bet he and Jer are cooking up some kind of plan. .... I can imagine Cade being of some help to Jer, but I really can't figure what Jer can possibly do for Cade. (although maybe it's just the currently larger social-media and maybe tv following...)

https://www.christianpost.com/news/american-idol-rock-n-roll-star-cade-foehner-reveals-battle-hes-facing-christian-hollywood.html

To the extent that there's the needed charisma and appeal in the duo, by far the biggest amount of it is on Cade's side, I'd say. And Cade doesn't seem to need Jer's "academic" (ahem) side, either. Cade's been thinking ministry since he was a kid, apparently, has taken pastoral/theology-track classes as an undergrad and appears to be as popular with the MacArthur crowd as Jer is. And as a professional performer, he must be at least a marginally better preacher than Jer and -- most likely, I would think -- a significantly better one.

It's odd to me to see him being kind of a Jer sycophant. Jer must be very very good at selling himself in person. Because I don't think he really has all that much product to sell, especially in this case. He looks to me to be the one with the lesser gifts. Strange. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone in the comments said the custom bibles cost $600+.

They seem to offer their stuff a la carte ....

They do all sorts of stuff cleaning up and refurbishing the pages and page edges, which would be your basic, I guess. I can see wanting that for an old bible that a family or a church treasured. Snd that would probably be significantly less than $600. (although it's gotta be a labor-intensive job)

But I assume a lot of people also want gold on the thing somewhere in the form of a custom-printed-in-gold word, for example.  (Jer has one of those, right?) And a lot probably want some custom-embossed leather .... Etc.

600 might be the floor if you really went all out with their services. 

• Love 1

I’m curious about the Greek writing on the cover.  We know that the Duggars don’t consider the Greek Orthodox people, along with Catholics, Christians.  Does Jeremy’s church feel differently?  If not, then I think the Greek writing on the cover is hypocritical.  If so, then I think it is funny because it is kind of a slap in the face to the Duggars and their beliefs. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, you know how everyone though Jer didn't say the quote about leading the church as a man well beyond his years....I believed it right away. Just look at this dude's ego, and instagram, ffs.

I couldn’t agree more.  I thought surely I can’t be the only one seeing the pretentiousness and phoniness this guy has going. And I said it before and I’ll say it again, but I’d rather have Derrick as a neighbor than Jeremy.  Better the loser bully than the snake that pretends he’s nice, but is working to strip your rights behind closed doors.  

FWIW I also loathe attention whores.  Jeremy and this sack-riding barnacle Cade both present themselves as such.  

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I couldn’t agree more.  I thought surely I can’t be the only one seeing the pretentiousness and phoniness this guy has going. And I said it before and I’ll say it again, but I’d rather have Derrick as a neighbor than Jeremy.  Better the loser bully than the snake that pretends he’s nice, but is working to strip your rights behind closed doors.  

FWIW I also loathe attention whores.  Jeremy and this sack-riding barnacle Cade both present themselves as such.  

The problem is the loser bully wants to strip your rights behind closed doors also. I cannot stand either one of them, but I guess it could go down to the lesser of two evils. In fact, I take my neighbor down the street who is a registered sex offender over the likes of Jermeme, Deredick, and Smugs.

Edited by bigskygirl