Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

S02.E04: Treason

Recommended Posts

Quote

Darius reveals his secret to Rachel and decides he must quit the show, but Rachel asks Coleman to help change his mind; Quinn and Chet join forces to produce a football episode; and Chet brings his baby to the set. Meanwhile, Quinn confronts Rachel.

Share this post


Link to post

This episode was a step in the right direction.  Parts of this episode was really silly and other parts were good. Rachel and Coleman need to slow down. Way to fast. Not feeling it. Loved the Quinn and Rachel drama.

Edited by earlbny
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sooo do we think Ruby knew about the camera?  I'm going to be heartbroken if she did, because I had started shipping Ruby and Darius after their sweet heart-to-heart.  They're so cute together.

Darius's situation was more or less what I thought, but I was surprised Romeo thought that they could just cut an entire season of the show without Darius present for the rest of it.  I mean I know Rachel and co. are magicians when it comes to falsifying entire story arcs from footage, but it seems like it's still really early on in their shooting schedule.  There's no way he and Darius could cut out this early without revealing to the public about why Darius couldn't finish the season.  It'd be different if Everlasting shot all of the footage for its episodes before the first one ever aired on TV,  but if the premiere has already aired he couldn't just disappear without explanation. That was the risk Romeo and Darius took when they decided to do the show even though Darius was clearly not in a good place physically even before Brandi clobbered him.

I just hope this season doesn't end with poor Darius paralyzed. I'm super nervous about what's going to happen after his epidural.  It's going to be a real nail-biter if Chet and Quinn decide to spend the rest of the season trying to finally get Darius taken away in an ambulance the way they wanted.  

On another note, what is up is Hot Rachel?  I'm curious what she was trying to accomplish by flirting with Coleman and then hooking up with Jeremy.  Is she super desperate for screen time and plans to sleep with ever straight male crew member on Everlasting to get it?

So glad the police stepped in and prevented a Chet/Quinn reunion.  I mean, I don't think she was going to go back to him anyway but better safe than sorry.  Chet's clearly crazy.  Either all of that coke and booze permanently fucked with his head, or he was always crazy and was using drugs and alcohol to medicate.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Okay.  The only way to describe Quinn's behavior towards Rachel is to use a word that's been banned on these boards, as "SuperBitch" doesn't even begin to cover it.

I'm not getting her reasoning behind pushing the crazy button on Rachel, so I throw up my hands and humbly suggest that Rachel employ fart logic on her mentor: She that smelt it, dealt it.  "Hey Quinn! Let's talk about you & Daddy & your constant drive to prove that he was wrong about you!!"  And don't.  Let.  Up.

Eh, worth a shot.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Darius and Ruby are adorable together, and I think Ruby is totally on board with winning. She is not going to be happy to lose to Chantal or to Beth Ann, the confederate flag wearing southerner. And no, I do not think Quinn would care what happens to Darius' back, or his career, or his future, as long as there is great footage to be had...and her blatant ruthlessness is why I like her. Rachel's manipulations are, when successful, are cloaked in faux concern.  She has the advantage of the doctor's opinion that it would take very little would to leave Darius in a wheelchair...but it's not enough to stop her from talking him into the epidural and using wet-eye sincerity to sell him down the river.

This is the underhanded, conniving ruthlessness that she owns. When she tries clumsy seduction, it's an outright fail. And of course, you can count on Quinn stomping on the thin ice on which Rachel stands.

That both Rachel and Quinn are boxed in by the largely useless men who hold the money and power...Chet, Gary and Coleman...I find it hard to hold their actions against them. It's a mean world out there in reality TV.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Is anybody a saint on this show? 

I am 50/50 about Ruby knowing the cameras were around.

Something is going to happen to Darius. I just don't know what?

I never thought Romeo would be sent packing. 

Rachel and Coleman need to slow down. 

I dont like Yael. Sleeping around won't get her anywhere.

Chet is pure crazy. 

Quinn is pure evil Hopefully her dad dying will get her to open up more.

I want to see Rachel take down Quinn. 

I still think that maybe Coleman is playing with her. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am hoping that is the last we see of Chet. He's killing any interest I had in the show.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, pivot said:

I am hoping that is the last we see of Chet. He's killing any interest I had in the show.

I feel the same way about Jeremy too, especially after he slept with Yael!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Hot Rachel seems to have found the guys who are into less hot Rachel. I'm not sure how a reality show is worth the sleeping around she's doing.

Since Darius is a TV character, I could care less if he's paralyzed by the end of the show. What's dumb is that he's going to have to do some physical activity. Adventure dates are a key element of these shows because of the misattribution of arousal thing. Did he really think he could sit at a chair the whole time?

Ruby kind of annoys me because she's still too cool for school. Tiffany seems to be legitimate wifey material.

Also, the episode titles this season could be used on the past season of AMC's Turn without raising an eyebrow.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, ketose said:

Hot Rachel seems to have found the guys who are into less hot Rachel. I'm not sure how a reality show is worth the sleeping around she's doing.

Since Darius is a TV character, I could care less if he's paralyzed by the end of the show. What's dumb is that he's going to have to do some physical activity. Adventure dates are a key element of these shows because of the misattribution of arousal thing. Did he really think he could sit at a chair the whole time?

Ruby kind of annoys me because she's still too cool for school. Tiffany seems to be legitimate wifey material.

Also, the episode titles this season could be used on the past season of AMC's Turn without raising an eyebrow.

Yael doesn't know that Rachel and Coleman are attracted to each other, so I think that she's really attracted to Jeremy, ugly beard and all!

Edited by Chris Burgess

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Chris Burgess said:

Yael doesn't know that Rachel and Coleman are attracted to each other, so I think that she's really attracted to Jeremy, ugly beard and all!

Really?  I thought it was pretty clear that she was using him, though to what end I don't know.  We've seen her try to get buddy-buddy with at least 4 different crew members this season.  First she hit up Rachel whom she tried to flatter by saying the only difference between the two of them was makeup, but Rachel wasn't buying it.  She tried Madison next, and told Madison that she knew what it was like to want to impress your boss in a competitive job and that they could help each other out if Madison helped her stay on the show.  Then this week she tries flirting with Coleman before hooking up with Jeremy.  What's really fishy is that we see Yael pocketing what looked like a set of keys as she follows Jeremy into his truck. And it looked like she picked them up from the ledge/tailgate where she and Jeremy had been sitting.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't carrying a set of keys when she came into the scene (would contestants even carry a big set of keys on a reality show? or any keys at all?), so I think we're supposed to assume that those were Jeremy's keys.

Something's up.  I don't think Yael's sniffing around Jeremy because she's horny and is into the pudgy lumberjack look Jeremy's sporting.  She's got some kind of an agenda

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

1. Ack, I hope Ruby isn't playing Darius, because I really, really, really like them together.  But I thought I saw a mic pack on the back of her dress.

2. I'm coming around to the notion that Coleman is doing an expose on Everlasting -- it just seems so pat that Rachel is there admitting everything to this guy she doesn't know.  Stuff that could sink her.

3. Wow - Quinn is becoming so bad its just painful.  I guess she was always this bad, but geez

4. Why is Coleman still riding around in that penis substitute? 

5. Its weird, in some ways the contestants are so savvy, Hot Rachel getting the keys from Jeremy.....but then in some ways they are so stupid.  Would you really trust someone who was telling you "you better drink some liquor or else Darius is gonna cut you."  Or "Darius told me that if you don't bring it, he is going to cut you"  Huh?  It all sounds just ridiculous.  Like really?  Darius told you that I better act the fool or else he doesn't want me around?  OK...bye.  Whenever Quinn or Madison tries to manipulate someone its just so very obvious to me.

6.  I'm surprised that they didn't do more with the Muslim contestant.  All that talk about making her out to be Mrs. Bin Laden and all they did was have her get drunk and act foolish.....like every other girl there.

7.  I had no idea there was a third black girl....what has she been up to?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, earlbny said:

 

Rachel and Coleman need to slow down. 

 

Rachel and Coleman are stupid.  And at this point, I'm tired of Rachel using her sexuality on the job.  Did she learn nothing from Jeremy?  and Adam? Nothing? Jeremy and Adam and how that all blew up in her face?  And she is doing the same thing with Coleman and she was trying the same angle with Romeo.

Its not slut shaming, but damn, I don't know how I would feel about a man or a woman who kept having these "relationships" at work.  

And I especially hate that Rachel was like "Coleman can you stop driving that car so Quinn won't be mad at me?"  Rachel made her choice, and now she has to live with the consequences of her decision.  That doesn't mean Coleman has to stop driving that ridiculous car.  It means that Rachel needs to grow up and deal with the problems she created for herself.

2 hours ago, ketose said:

Hot Rachel seems to have found the guys who are into less hot Rachel. I'm not sure how a reality show is worth the sleeping around she's doing.

Since Darius is a TV character, I could care less if he's paralyzed by the end of the show. What's dumb is that he's going to have to do some physical activity. Adventure dates are a key element of these shows because of the misattribution of arousal thing. Did he really think he could sit at a chair the whole time?

Ruby kind of annoys me because she's still too cool for school. Tiffany seems to be legitimate wifey material.

Also, the episode titles this season could be used on the past season of AMC's Turn without raising an eyebrow.

Ugh, Tiffany is the worst.  If I have to hear her whine one more time about how real the struggle is for rich, blonde, beautiful women I'm going to scream.

Does she even hear herself?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Something's up.  I don't think Yael's sniffing around Jeremy because she's horny and is into the pudgy lumberjack look Jeremy's sporting.  She's got some kind of an agenda

And how he is stupid enough to fall for it is another of life's mysteries.  

Yes, out of everyone on this show -- Jeremy is the one that hot girls just need to hook up with. 

Or maybe he just thinks she is using him so he makes her look better as the DP.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

So glad the police stepped in and prevented a Chet/Quinn reunion.  I mean, I don't think she was going to go back to him anyway but better safe than sorry.  Chet's clearly crazy.  Either all of that coke and booze permanently fucked with his head, or he was always crazy and was using drugs and alcohol to medicate.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn called the police herself.  

And I wouldn't particularly blame her -- for Chet to seriously parade his child around in front of her and suggest that they get back together.....it was just another chapter in the book of asshole that Chet is writing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, RCharter said:

Or maybe he just thinks she is using him so he makes her look better as the DP.  

 

I'm sure that's it.  Given the established existence of a show "kill list" (aka the list of girls it's okay for the crew to fuck since they're destined to be cut), I have a feeling that it's not uncommon for minor contestants on the show to try to trade sexual favors with the crew for favorable treatment of some kind.  Plus, Jeremy may not have figured out yet that he's not hot anymore.  I've never liked Jeremy as a character, but Josh Kelly is a good looking dude, and he was decent eye candy last year.  It's obvious that the show has made an effort to schlub up his look this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jeremy is meant to be one of those guys who is slow to figure out that he's let himself go.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Really?  I thought it was pretty clear that she was using him, though to what end I don't know.  We've seen her try to get buddy-buddy with at least 4 different crew members this season.  First she hit up Rachel whom she tried to flatter by saying the only difference between the two of them was makeup, but Rachel wasn't buying it.  She tried Madison next, and told Madison that she knew what it was like to want to impress your boss in a competitive job and that they could help each other out if Madison helped her stay on the show.  Then this week she tries flirting with Coleman before hooking up with Jeremy.  What's really fishy is that we see Yael pocketing what looked like a set of keys as she follows Jeremy into his truck. And it looked like she picked them up from the ledge/tailgate where she and Jeremy had been sitting.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't carrying a set of keys when she came into the scene (would contestants even carry a big set of keys on a reality show? or any keys at all?), so I think we're supposed to assume that those were Jeremy's keys.

Something's up.  I don't think Yael's sniffing around Jeremy because she's horny and is into the pudgy lumberjack look Jeremy's sporting.  She's got some kind of an agenda

I think Yael took Jeremy's keys so that she could use them to stop by his grip truck to come by and sleep with him whenever she wants when "Everlasting" isn't filming! I don't think she would sleep with him to stay on the show! I think she's sleeping with him to piss off his ex-girlfriend Rachel! I don't think Jeremy will care if she's using him because he needs to get his mind off of Rachel, and Rachel won't care about Yael sleeping with Jeremy because she's already moved on with Coleman!

Edited by Chris Burgess

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

I think Yael took Jeremy's keys so that she could use them to stop by his grip truck to come by and sleep with him whenever she wants when "Everlasting" isn't filming! I don't think she would sleep with him to stay on the show! I think she's sleeping with him to piss off his ex-girlfriend Rachel! I don't think Jeremy will care if she's using him because he needs to get his mind off of Rachel, and Rachel won't care about Yael sleeping with Jeremy because she's already moved on with Coleman!

I seriously doubt that. And why would she want to piss off Rachel? That'd be counterproductive. Plus we've seen her being all nice with Rachel.

It's not clear yet but I think Yael's playing the game. She didn't steal those keys for nothing. Her lack of stealth when she did it cracked me up, those keys were making a hell of a noise, I don't know how Jeremy didn't notice!

It's the first episode of the season that actually bored me. I have a hard time caring about the suitor. Can't even remember his name.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

 

I'm sure that's it.  Given the established existence of a show "kill list" (aka the list of girls it's okay for the crew to fuck since they're destined to be cut), I have a feeling that it's not uncommon for minor contestants on the show to try to trade sexual favors with the crew for favorable treatment of some kind.  Plus, Jeremy may not have figured out yet that he's not hot anymore.  I've never liked Jeremy as a character, but Josh Kelly is a good looking dude, and he was decent eye candy last year.  It's obvious that the show has made an effort to schlub up his look this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jeremy is meant to be one of those guys who is slow to figure out that he's let himself go.

Apparently he turned up on set like that - with the extra weight on and gross bushman's beard and the showrunner was ok with it because of his turn in character! I don't agree at all, he can't pull off being such an asshole AND look like crap. I wrote in the media section that I have a hard time knowing it's him when he's on screen because he looks so different. He looks very smelly as well but he took a shot at Rachel for not showering. I hate being so superficial but it really does take me out of the show... and I'm an Aussie so I feel disloyal ?. A female actor would never get away with changing her look so significantly without permission. If Shiri rocked up carrying an extra 20kg she'd be ordered into the gym and put on a lettuce diet. 

21 minutes ago, Isazouzi said:

I seriously doubt that. And why would she want to piss off Rachel? That'd be counterproductive. Plus we've seen her being all nice with Rachel.

It's not clear yet but I think Yael's playing the game. She didn't steal those keys for nothing. Her lack of stealth when she did it cracked me up, those keys were making a hell of a noise, I don't know how Jeremy didn't notice!

It's the first episode of the season that actually bored me. I have a hard time caring about the suitor. Can't even remember his name.

And she didn't even know that Rachel was his ex until they were talking on the truck. 

Yes I agree, I'm actually liking the show less each week. UO, I really liked the first episode but I'm disliking it more and more each episode. His name is Darius but I keep thinking that's Romeo's name! He suits Darius better IMO. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm afraid that Lifetime execs greedily saw that they had an Empire or a Shonda Rhimes show on their hands and pressured SGS for moments that would play on Twitter. That might explain the pacing of this episode - the moment when London tackles Darius resulting in the back-killing dogpile would have been the end of an episode on some shows. Part of me admires them for putting it in the middle but the show never really regained momentum after that. They seem to think every outrageous one-liner of Quinn's or dastardly play by a producer carries the same weight. On Twitter, it probably does.

I am starting to wonder if Sherri Appleby is vaguely embarrassed by some of the material she's being given this season. Or maybe I'm just projecting; I was embarrassed for her in the scene with Tiffany where Rachel hummed the wedding march and pretended to carry a bouquet. If she meant to convey Rachel's self-consciousness I only saw Sherri's, and it didn't really make sense on any level - Rachel knows that Tiffany is a little ambivalent about the wifey thing. I also don't find the actors playing Darius or Romeo to be very strong scene partners for Appleby, but I don't think, as written, they are very nuanced characters in general. What are their flaws? For Darius, the deception of concealing his injury so he can continue supporting people in his life? If that's your biggest character flaw you're either boring or humblebragging. None of the four new Everlasting figures (Darius, Romeo, Ruby, Tiffany) seem to have more than one dimension, which makes me almost hope that Ruby did set Darius up, at Jay's urging. The most charismatic newcomer is Yael, which probably means that SHE'S the secret terrorist (only partially kidding).

I also think that in introducing the Coleman character, installed over Rachel and Quinn by network meddling, SGS is working out her feelings about Lifetime bringing in Marti Noxon at the show's inception, motivated by their doubts SGS could handle it. I doubt that bodes well for the Coleman character - we've seen what she's done to Jeremy, another note from Lifetime she was forced to accept.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

 

I'm sure that's it.  Given the established existence of a show "kill list" (aka the list of girls it's okay for the crew to fuck since they're destined to be cut), I have a feeling that it's not uncommon for minor contestants on the show to try to trade sexual favors with the crew for favorable treatment of some kind.  Plus, Jeremy may not have figured out yet that he's not hot anymore.  I've never liked Jeremy as a character, but Josh Kelly is a good looking dude, and he was decent eye candy last year.  It's obvious that the show has made an effort to schlub up his look this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jeremy is meant to be one of those guys who is slow to figure out that he's let himself go.

Remember last season, when we got one short scene of one of the cut girls and the host, clearly the morning after? And she was trying like mad to sell him on the idea of her returning to the show-"like a surprise!". I think he kissed her on the forehead and told her a car would be waiting to take her to the airport, LOL.

Yael is clearly smart, and she's the girl we all say we'd be, right? If we were 24, gorgeous, and were foolish enough to go on a reality TV show, anyway. We know the score, we wouldn't let the show manipulate us, we'd keep our heads on straight and work the production! :-) I'm loving how "never say die" she is. She works every angle and jumps at every opportunity to stir things up, but behind the scenes, not on camera. Maybe she wants Rachel's job! Or Quinn's.

And really show? Another dead daddy? I'm disappointed.

Rachel seems to be losing her mojo. There's an edge of desperation where there was once seamless, effortless persuasion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the Ruby/Darius scene again and she does have a big rectangle box bulge under the back of her dress so hopefully she set him up. I'm so evil ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

OK, just saw the cast on GMA and they are so winning and so behind the show I feel compelled to amend my post above with some things that are purely positives: I did laugh out loud several times, especially when Quinn paid the ambulance drivers to take London around the block (although with back to back Everlasting episodes where a contestant tackles the suitor and an ambulance scene it sometimes seems like they are producing the Road Rules/Real World Challenge). I was glad to see Quinn developing other series (even if they sounded atrocious and meant for the D-List of cable channels). I think they are doing a good job of slowly building intrigue around Yael and what long game she's playing. I find the actor playing Coleman appealing. I think we're reaching the point in the season where real intent will kick in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Team Quinn! Yes she is a jerk, ruthless, etc. But when someone gives you your chance or shot, you don't throw them under the bus. Gary, Chet, etc don't value Rachel at all. Quinn is the only person who sees what she is capable of is pushing her talent. Being asked to step up then step back happens all the time, it is happening to Quinn right now. Rachel just doesn't get it. As soon as Quinn, had gotten hers...Rachel would have been promoted. She decided she didn't want to wait the problem is no one at the network knows who she is outside of Quinn. Now she is tagging along the Coleman train which doesn't make her look good either.

Rachel is good at her producing job but she isn't ready to be Quinn. To be Quinn, you need to think past the show and be able to play network politics.

Coleman is kind of idiot. I still don't see why is he in charge since all he is really doing is managing other people's talent. I can see him doing well at some point in a Gary capacity but he doesn't belong in the job he is doing. He doesn't have Chet's vision or Quinn's know how or Rachel's natural talent at producing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I loved the little moment when Ruby said "You guys, I was gonna be a doctor!" and she and the other girls around her cracked up. Sometimes you have those little "How is this my life?" moments. I also laughed when Quinn said they should cry like Taylor Swift had rescinded her invitation to be on her squad, and Confederate Flag burst into tears.

Can someone tell what happened in the last two minutes, after they showed the cameras on Ruby and Darius? My TiVo cut off. I've since changed it to record an extra 2 minutes.

34 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Rachel seems to be losing her mojo. There's an edge of desperation where there was once seamless, effortless persuasion.

I wonder if this is because the thing with Darius is legit serious. The stakes were much lower with the other suitor, whose name I've forgotten. The fractured relationship with Darius and Romeo is a big deal (our society is so romantically driven, I think people underestimate how important good friends are. Rachel doesn't seem to have any friends - shocker! - so maybe she doesn't appreciate that), but the shit she's pulling could paralyze Darius. (I know it's his choice, but it's hear idea.) Quinn doesn't care about anything, but they've shown Rachel to have a few crises of conscience and I wonder if that's showing through here.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RCharter said:

I thought I saw a mic pack on the back of her dress.

That was probably unintentional, and necessary because of UnREAL

7 hours ago, RCharter said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn called the police herself.  

I'm glad someone did. Chet taking his kid was illegal, and parading him around a reality show set is hardly a healthy atmosphere, even at the kid's young age. Who's feeing him? Changing his diapers? I doubt it's Chet.

39 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I loved the little moment when Ruby said "You guys, I was gonna be a doctor!" and she and the other girls around her cracked up. Sometimes you have those little "How is this my life?" moments.

That was great. You know they all feel like that at some point.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yael is clearly smart, and she's the girl we all say we'd be, right? If we were 24, gorgeous, and were foolish enough to go on a reality TV show, anyway. We know the score, we wouldn't let the show manipulate us, we'd keep our heads on straight and work the production! :-) I'm loving how "never say die" she is. She works every angle and jumps at every opportunity to stir things up, but behind the scenes, not on camera. Maybe she wants Rachel's job! Or Quinn's.

 

I think Yael views Everlasting as one long job interview. We haven't really seen her interacting with the other contestants (that I recall), but she is really making an effort to ingratiate herself with the producers crew. I don't think it's all just to stay on the show - I think she's hoping it'll be a stepping stone to her career path.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was probably unintentional, and necessary because of UnREAL

I'm glad someone did. Chet taking his kid was illegal, and parading him around a reality show set is hardly a healthy atmosphere, even at the kid's young age. Who's feeing him? Changing his diapers? I doubt it's Chet.

That was great. You know they all feel like that at some point.

On scripted shows they use boom mics (Unreal) but on 'reality' shows (Everlasting) they use body mics, there was definitely a pack on the back of her dress. They would just be fake/dead body mics on the contestants to mimic the 'show within the show' part, the voices are actually being picked up by the booms for Unreal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Loved Jay saying 'Ew is that a real baby' with that screwed up face! Nothing against babies, I’m growing one at the moment but I always appreciate people who don’t go all gaga over them. 

I wonder why Chet has no access to the baby? Even with his drug use history the courts would at the very least give him supervised visits, it's very rare for a court to cut a child completely off from their parents and Chet certainly has the money to fight any judgements.

I laughed when Romeo said to Rachel ‘now you have to live with that, you should talk to God about that Rachel’ about busting up Romeo and Darius. She would give zero fucks about that, that’s way down the bottom of the list of all the stunts she’s pulled.

It was really odd that everyone was laughing when Darius got flattened, it’s pretty clear that’s incredibly dangerous with no protective gear on and to be tackled without warning i.e., just standing around chatting to people, not in the midst of a game. I can understand the vomit-on-shoe chick doing it because she was hammered but all the crew laughing and even Tiffany treating it like a joke didn't sit right - having spent a lifetime in football circles she would know that could have resulted in a broken back, head trauma or even a fatality.

Do they really make girls wear degrading outfits like the football ones and the survival course from last week on The Bachelor?! I’ve only ever watched one season of the show - the Australian one - and they didn’t do that sort of thing. It was however standard fare for Rock of Love and I watched all of that because of the top quality programming and Bret Michael's wig.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

^^Wig, what wig?  The man just likes bandannas!

I think maybe the court gave his wife temporary and full custody before they have a final resolution.  Unless Chet didn't fight her at all I can't see them not even allowing him to see the child at all.  Although, it may also be that the police were called because Chet didn't want to do the visitation as outlined by the court, but just wanted to take the baby whenever he felt like it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Chris Burgess said:

I think Yael took Jeremy's keys so that she could use them to stop by his grip truck to come by and sleep with him whenever she wants when "Everlasting" isn't filming! 

It seems highly unlikely to me that Yael would go to the trouble of stealing his keys JUST to hook up with Jeremy.  If that's all she wanted, all she would have had to do was ask Jeremy to leave his door open for her.  Which I'm sure he'd agree to do since he's definitely interested in working out his issues with Rachel by hooking up with her doppelgänger.  I think it's far more likely that she stole the keys because she wants access to someplace that's off limits to contestants for reasons that have yet to be revealed.

 

3 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

Apparently he turned up on set like that - with the extra weight on and gross bushman's beard and the showrunner was ok with it because of his turn in character! 

Wow, that's wild.  You're right, there's no way a female actor could get away with that.  I wonder if his new hair color was also something Kelly did on his own, because I almost find the new dark hair color as unflattering on him as I do the extra weight and the beard.  It really washes him out.

 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Can someone tell what happened in the last two minutes, after they showed the cameras on Ruby and Darius? My TiVo cut off. I've since changed it to record an extra 2 minutes.

You didn't miss much.  The only scene after that was Rachel going to see Coleman.  They had a beer together and kissed.

 

1 hour ago, swimmyfish said:

I think Yael views Everlasting as one long job interview. We haven't really seen her interacting with the other contestants (that I recall), but she is really making an effort to ingratiate herself with the producers crew. I don't think it's all just to stay on the show - I think she's hoping it'll be a stepping stone to her career path.

I agree that whatever Yael's agenda is, it's more than just staying in the show for the sake of staying on the show.  I don't think we know enough about Yael to be able to guess what her true goal is, but your theory is as good as any at this point.

 

19 minutes ago, RCharter said:

Although, it may also be that the police were called because Chet didn't want to do the visitation as outlined by the court, but just wanted to take the baby whenever he felt like it.

Until they say otherwise I'm assuming that this is the case.  Maybe Chet got fed up because he was only granted scheduled, supervised, on-site visits with his son and he wants to see his kid on his own time table and to be able to take him to work with him or wherever else he pleased.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, earlbny said:

This episode was a step in the right direction.  Parts of this episode was really silly and other parts were good. Rachel and Coleman need to slow down. Way to fast. Not feeling it. Loved the Quinn and Rachel drama.

I agree but I am fine with Rachael and Coleman on FF though.  The writers have something in mind and I trust them. Everything moves so quickly that this is bound to, as well. 

I enjoyed this episode.  Rachael and Quinn will become allies again; they are the leads.  I am looking forward to where they will go with the Chet/ Quinn relationship.  I also think that in season 3 we are going to see Jeremy as a more sympathetic character.  I am getting ahead of myself. 

I enjoyed this episode.  They are certainly telegraphing the lead becoming paralyzed.   This season's horror. 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree, I think a female family court judge awarded primary custody to Cynthia with the bare minimum of scheduled, supervised visitation. Chet stealing his son (I strongly doubt he would go to such lengths for a daughter) is part of the super masculine, testosterone fueled "take back my power" kick he's on. Taking back his boy child from the women's quarters and teaching him the way of the warrior! Right, Chet. Meanwhile he's pushing that ridiculous pram all over the set like a deranged Mary Poppins. That was gold.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chet stealing his son (I strongly doubt he would go to such lengths for a daughter) 

 

I had the same thought last week.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Chet was one of those dads who regularly skips scheduled visits with his kid and then gets all angry and self-righteous when the mom denies their requests to see the kid once they've finally been struck with the urge to play Daddy.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

I am starting to wonder if Sherri Appleby is vaguely embarrassed by some of the material she's being given this season. Or maybe I'm just projecting; I was embarrassed for her in the scene with Tiffany where Rachel hummed the wedding march and pretended to carry a bouquet. If she meant to convey Rachel's self-consciousness I only saw Sherri's, and it didn't really make sense on any level - Rachel knows that Tiffany is a little ambivalent about the wifey thing. I also don't find the actors playing Darius or Romeo to be very strong scene partners for Appleby, but I don't think, as written, they are very nuanced characters in general. What are their flaws? For Darius, the deception of concealing his injury so he can continue supporting people in his life? If that's your biggest character flaw you're either boring or humblebragging. None of the four new Everlasting figures (Darius, Romeo, Ruby, Tiffany) seem to have more than one dimension, which makes me almost hope that Ruby did set Darius up, at Jay's urging. The most charismatic newcomer is Yael, which probably means that SHE'S the secret terrorist (only partially kidding).

I also think that in introducing the Coleman character, installed over Rachel and Quinn by network meddling, SGS is working out her feelings about Lifetime bringing in Marti Noxon at the show's inception, motivated by their doubts SGS could handle it. I doubt that bodes well for the Coleman character - we've seen what she's done to Jeremy, another note from Lifetime she was forced to accept.

I wish I could Like this about a thousand times. I'm really starting to feel like SGS is working through her personal demons by taking people she knows and dumping her shallow interpretations of them onto the characters to make them "worse than Rachel." We're still supposed to be empathizing with Rachel, clearly as the SGS stand-in, but I'm starting to wonder why exactly? What redeeming qualities does Rachel show anymore? Last season, she had lines she wouldn't cross. Even Quinn showed nuance in the whole Mary-death situation. Now they're both just one-note horror stories without consciences.

It's getting creepy to me. It's like SGS is screaming "I'm a Good Person! I want to change the world!" while validating some of the most horrifying choices. Weird. I feel like Marti Noxon really must have been a pretty good counter-balance to her issues, and maybe she just couldn't anymore. But I sure do wish someone with some clout could get through to her... characters have to feel real or the audience wanders away. They can't just be externalized demons lurking in our heads. I'm so frustrated with this show, at this point, that I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the trouble. Maybe it's time for me to just read the writing on the wall and throw in the towel. And that makes me incredibly sad, because last season was pretty damned awesome.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RCharter said:

^^Wig, what wig?  The man just likes bandannas!

I think maybe the court gave his wife temporary and full custody before they have a final resolution.  Unless Chet didn't fight her at all I can't see them not even allowing him to see the child at all.  Although, it may also be that the police were called because Chet didn't want to do the visitation as outlined by the court, but just wanted to take the baby whenever he felt like it.

Oops, my mistake ;) He's a big fan of his hats as well.

It sounded like he hoodwinked the babysitter into letting him taking the baby, it was defo not on the up and up since he gave that little speech about no-one having the right to tell him when he can see his kid. I'd call the police too if I was Cynthia if he just took the bub without me knowing, he's really shot himself in the foot now, the judge will be very unimpressed. Is being a douche grounds enough for the court to block custody? :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Wow, that's wild.  You're right, there's no way a female actor could get away with that.  I wonder if his new hair color was also something Kelly did on his own, because I almost find the new dark hair color as unflattering on him as I do the extra weight and the beard.  It really washes him out.

Yes the hair looks bad as well. I really do feel like a bitch commenting negatively on someone's physicality, it's not like me, but when someone is meant to be the eye candy they need to BE eye candy. SGS seems to hate Jeremy and not be overly impressed with Josh Kelly so maybe she was glad he looks bad! It would make it easier for her to convince the network to get rid of him at the end of the season. 

 

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I enjoyed this episode.  Rachael and Quinn will become allies again; they are the leads.  I am looking forward to where they will go with the Chet/ Quinn relationship.  I also think that in season 3 we are going to see Jeremy as a more sympathetic character.  I am getting ahead of myself. 

I think SGS will do her best to write him, out I'd be glad to see both he and Chet go, I don't really understand why they came back this season, they seem a bit pointless (I know the network forced SGS to continue on with Jeremy which is frustrating).

 

1 hour ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

I wish I could Like this about a thousand times. I'm really starting to feel like SGS is working through her personal demons by taking people she knows and dumping her shallow interpretations of them onto the characters to make them "worse than Rachel." We're still supposed to be empathizing with Rachel, clearly as the SGS stand-in, but I'm starting to wonder why exactly? What redeeming qualities does Rachel show anymore? Last season, she had lines she wouldn't cross. Even Quinn showed nuance in the whole Mary-death situation. Now they're both just one-note horror stories without consciences.

It's getting creepy to me. It's like SGS is screaming "I'm a Good Person! I want to change the world!" while validating some of the most horrifying choices. Weird. I feel like Marti Noxon really must have been a pretty good counter-balance to her issues, and maybe she just couldn't anymore. But I sure do wish someone with some clout could get through to her... characters have to feel real or the audience wanders away. They can't just be externalized demons lurking in our heads. I'm so frustrated with this show, at this point, that I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the trouble. Maybe it's time for me to just read the writing on the wall and throw in the towel. And that makes me incredibly sad, because last season was pretty damned awesome.

That's my big problem with this season, last year I could feel for Rachel, she still had a lot of humanity and she was always walking that fine line of 'good/bad'. Scenes like when Faith came out and Rachel was so delicate with her and happy for her finally admitting it to herself were really touching. But she hasn't had any redeeming storylines so far to balance out the nasty ones. I rewatched season 1 last week and Rachel is quite different, it's probably only about 6 months since the last season was filmed, it's too short a time to lose all her compassion. I'm fine with Quinn being awful, I actually love that about her and don't expect anything from her but I can't cope with 2 Quinns, that's too much evil on one show, we need our 'grey' characters as well as the 100% dark ones.

From what I read in that NYT article, SGS had a lot of things forced on her by the people with clout AKA non-creatives at the network, I think this is what has led to the problems with this season. I'll keep watching - Game of Thrones has finished, Walking Dead isn't back to October so I've got time to fill! Unreal is only a short season anyway but I'll be out after this season if it doesn't improve.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Rachel is becoming very unlikeable.  Whatever conscience she had left is falling to the wayside.  It’s one thing to play with someone’s emotions and something altogether different to put someone at risk of great bodily harm.  Quinn is even worse, arranging to have him injured.  Good Lord!  The way the production team is toying around with Darius and his back injury is beyond the pale. 

Darius is just as culpable though.  He should have disclosed all of this when he signed up.  He has now been injured several times during filming, and for him to believe Rachel when she says she will not allow that to happen is very shortsighted, since in spite of her earlier efforts to do just that, he was still manipulated into putting himself in harm’s way. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I agree but I am fine with Rachael and Coleman on FF though.  The writers have something in mind and I trust them. Everything moves so quickly that this is bound to, as well. 

I enjoyed this episode.  Rachael and Quinn will become allies again; they are the leads.  I am looking forward to where they will go with the Chet/ Quinn relationship.  I also think that in season 3 we are going to see Jeremy as a more sympathetic character.  I am getting ahead of myself. 

I enjoyed this episode.  They are certainly telegraphing the lead becoming paralyzed.   This season's horror. 

I hope Jeremy doesn't come back for season three! Why would he come back if SGS said that Rachel will never get back together with Jeremy? Why would you think Jeremy would be back for season 3, wings707?

Edited by Chris Burgess
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really need for Rachel to get a backbone and destroy Quinn. I hate the way she talks to her and I'm over Rachel's wounded puppy look every time Quinn lashes out at her.

I felt really bad for Romeo and Darius. Things always get tangled when you work with family.

Really curious about what Hot Rachel is up to.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Some of this episode was just ridiculous. I might be done. 

I am also interested in Yael, though. 

I can see Quinn not giving a shit about Darius' physical safety. I recall the network I worked for being particularly concerned with finding a potential replacement for a risk taking bit of talent (who has since died) since they were all pretty sure that talent would eventually be fatally injured during one of his stunts.

As far as I know (I wasn't in production), no one *really* tried to keep the talent from taking risks, they just sort of went with it.  Makes great TV!

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Maybe Yael is working on an expose of the reality show industry.

I had considered that too since supposedly she's a blogger by occupation, but then I thought there was no way that the show isn't making its contestants sign NDAs when they sign up.  Most real life reality shows make their contestant sign contracts that have really high penalties attached to them if the contestants blab about what happened on set.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

No matter how dark the themes on this show get, Graham's so sincere, yet so stupid proclamations always make me laugh.

Jay needs to get over himself or quit and start making documentaries exposing sex traffickers. He chose the football uniforms to get upset about how the women are dressed on the show? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

I think SGS will do her best to write him, out I'd be glad to see both he and Chet go, I don't really understand why they came back this season, they seem a bit pointless

In an article, the link is probably in the media thread, SGS said all the main characters (they are listed) will return for the 5 scheduled seasons.  Madison was not on the list. 

Pointless to have antagonists?  Never.  I love Chet, he is an integral character!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love Chet, too, in all his boorish cluelessness. I do hope that Quinn and Rachel can find their way back to they're their crazy dysfunctional relationship instead of them being against each other. 

But Jeremy? I'm not sure what his point is or will be going forward other than a whiny, ex, insubordinate employee that Rachel has to deal with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

In an article, the link is probably in the media thread, SGS said all the main characters (they are listed) will return for the 5 scheduled seasons.  Madison was not on the list. 

Pointless to have antagonists?  Never.  I love Chet, he is an integral character!  

Where is the link to that article? I don't see it in the media thread! If you are talking about that article in Variety where it said that SGS has a five season plan for the show, it didn't mention anything about the ENTIRE cast returning (minus Madison) returning for season three onwards! SGS wanted Jeremy originally gone after season one, then she wanted him gone after the fifth episode of season 2 (she then extended his storyline), so I think that SGS will get rid of Jeremy after this season is over! And when I PM'd Josh Kelly (he plays Jeremy) on June 16th (the last day the "UnREAL" cast filmed for season 2) if he was going to come back next season, or if season 2 was his last season, he told me he didn't know!

Edited by Chris Burgess
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

In an article, the link is probably in the media thread, SGS said all the main characters (they are listed) will return for the 5 scheduled seasons.  Madison was not on the list. 

Pointless to have antagonists?  Never.  I love Chet, he is an integral character!  

Bum poo wee! That's a bugger!

You're absolutely right, gotta have the antagonists, I just felt like after last season we'd moved on from them, both the guys felt ancillary and utterly replaceable to me. There's no reason for Jeremy to still be there other than to harass Rachel as he professes to hate the show and from what I understand crew are usually hired season to season for reality - he could probably get another job elsewhere with such a big show on his resume. And after Quinn won a share of the show and a development deal and kicked Chet to the curb I felt like that was done. There'd be enough drama with network interference, Rachel and Quinn going loggerheads and the bitchiness among the cast and crew IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
×