Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

It's a pattern the HGs to have when it comes to one half of a showmance leaving. Cause they did the same thing when Z left. They kept telling Paulie how Z was using him and shit at first Paulie didn't seem to believe them until Michelle added in her two cent that Z told her, she was going to use Paulie for all he was worth ( she did say that), had to force herself to be with Paulie (which Z never claimed) then Nic added that she believe Z was acting with PAulia the whole time. Until Paulie was totally convinced that Z tried to used him. 

My biggest problem with this whole thing is that these assholes feel sorry for James because they think Nat might have been using him but laugh at and make fun of Nicole and Z when both Paulie and Corey claimed they were using them. This ugly double standard says a lot about them and unfortunately,  I see it in the fandom too. Because instead of going after Corey/Paulie for being assholes who uses these girls,  people go after Nicole and Z. But when it comes to Nat/James, people go after Nat. I fucking hate that.

You may be right but when I talk about Natalie and James I only try to state facts that I have seen. I have not commented on Z or Paulie or Nicole or Corey except what I have seen and heard.

1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

You may be right but when I talk about Natalie and James I only try to state facts that I have seen. I have not commented on Z or Paulie or Nicole or Corey except what I have seen and heard.

Yeah, I try to do the same cause the only showmance I paid attention to was Zakiyah and Paulie cause I like Zakiyah. So I know Paulie and Zakiyah agrees to a fake break-up that lasted 12 hours so they wouldn't be target. Then agreed to talk trash behind each others back for the same reason. That Z was the one who told Paulie they should wait till September to start whatever they were doing. Like these little things but if you asked me about these little things in regard to James/Nat or Corey/Nicole, I wouldn't be able to tell you. But reading the things writes about them. How Corey is with Nicole in private or how Nate andJames deal with each other. So I get why their fans might think there is a chance for them outside the house.

Since I'm one of those anti-Zakiyah and Paulie people, I'm  glad Zakiyah's sister is making it clear that if it's up to her, Zakiyah won't have shit to do with Paulie. Zakiyah's sister is proving Paulie right and I love it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

"*Some content may not be suitable for users under 18. To preserve the integrity of Big Brother, the feeds may be edited, delayed, and/or blacked out on
occasion at CBS's sole discretion."  For the on line season disclaimer at the bottom of the page.  So what is it CBS, like or just the same old blacked out comps?  Integrity my great aunt's butt.

They always put that so it's not a new thing just for the online season.

56 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Since I'm one of those anti-Zakiyah and Paulie people, I'm  glad Zakiyah's sister is making it clear that if it's up to her, Zakiyah won't have shit to do with Paulie.

I really hope Z's sister can set her straight. I thought maybe Day had a small chance, but obviously that didn't happen. Hopefully someone also tells her to seek therapy for her self-esteem issues. She deserves so much more that she seems to believe she does.

I'm surprised that I'm still super zen about the endgame of this season. It's kind of amazing to not give one shit about anyone left and have absolutely no rooting interest left. 

Besides Victor and James I really think the other 3 have played pretty decent games (came pretty late for Corey and Nicole but better late than never). 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SevenStars said:

Unpopular : I think there were/are real feelings between all the showmances, the question is how far does these feelings go? Do they go beyond being force to be in the house with that person for 24/7 or is it all about loving who you with until you can find better options, lol. 

The showmances run every gamut, from "purely superficial for the cameras" to "a love for the ages (or at least a few months outside the House)", and everything in-between.  :)

It's worth noting that out of the hundreds of HGs and dozens of showmances throughout BB's history, only two (Brendan/Rachel and Jeff/Jordan) have demonstrated any significant staying power.  And no doubt you'll still find detractors saying the marriages and children are nothing more than publicity stunts.  :)

This is my first time watching the feed and paying attention to the BB fandom but is it always like this? 

Pretty much.  :)  Lots of folks pick their favorite couples for all sorts of different reasons, and some get extremely personally invested in them - and in case you hadn't noticed, the fans can be every bit as competitive as the HGs.  :D

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 6

I don't see Nat and James lasting after the show. She seems to be ambitious with goals for her future, while he doesn't seem to have any goals or drive. After his first season he has said that he loved going to the bars because he'd get all of his drinks bought for him because of the show. If they did try for a relationship, I think she'd quickly outgrow him and move on to a guy who has much more to offer than James does.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

It's worth noting that out of the hundreds of HGs and dozens of showmances throughout BB's history, only two (Brendan/Rachel and Jeff/Jordan) have demonstrated any significant staying power.  And no doubt you'll still find detractors saying the marriages and children are nothing more than publicity stunts.  :)

Dani Donato and Dominic Briones are still together, aren't they?

3 hours ago, SevenStars said:

This is my first time watching the feed and paying attention to the BB fandom but is it always like this? 

BB fandom in general? Yup. There are many stories of old seasons where fans got a little too passionate, even going as far as calling one of the HGs workplaces to try and get them fired because they didn't like a game move that had happened. Showmances, especially, are a hot subject. But that's why I prefer this forum to posting at Sucks or Jokers or any of the other places (including Twitter, I don't even have an account there). This place seems to be more chill and mature and understanding of other views than others. We have our moments (and have this season) but I think the crowd here is more fun.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Could be - in which case that would make three.  :)

Huh. They got married, according to the quick Google search I did. So three weddings and two babies. I think that's better than anything The Bachelor/ette have managed and this isn't even a dating focused show.

Well, unless you're Nicole and looking for a boyfriend, I guess.

• Love 5

Your husband, CBS chairman, president and CEO Les Moonves, was rooting for James last season. Does he have a favorite this season?
No. Probably still James, he loves that guy!

UGH

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-julie-chen-914652

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Huh. They got married, according to the quick Google search I did. So three weddings and two babies. I think that's better than anything The Bachelor/ette have managed and this isn't even a dating focused show.

Well, unless you're Nicole and looking for a boyfriend, I guess.

3 babies.

Rachel, Jordan, and Dani.

• Love 2

Is it bad that I didn't realize that the reason this thread was so quiet was because the feeds were off until tomorrow's episode? That's about how much I care about the remainder of this season.

Bring on BB: OTT! Hopefully those HGs are more entertaining.

• Love 2

He hasn't been wrong about the last 2 HOH comps. 

If this is true then Paul needs to win Veto to keep James in the game. But if Nicole or Corey win Veto then James is gone. I hate James so much in this game that I hope Nicole or Corey wins. 

If Paul wins though, then James controls who goes home and I imagine he will evict Corey. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

9/13 - Eviction episode, new HOH crowned.
9/14 - Another eviction, bringing us down to the final 3.
9/16 - Special Friday episode, this is the clip show. Guess it's airing on Friday this year opposed to the Sunday before the finale.

And no more shows until the finale on 9/21.

Well, here's my best case ending  (considering I really don't want any of them to win).  YMMV.  (Note: I tried to put a smiley face here, but don't know how.)

4th: Nothing Corey wins nothing.
3rd: AFP-obsessed James wins AFP.
2nd: Paul. Sorry, Paul's mom, no Bentley for you.
1st: Nicole.  Which is necessary in order for Paul to become the first male BB contestant to lose to a female in Final 2.

I may have switched James and Nicole if I wasn't convinced James' winnings would be gone within a year.

Also, it would be very interesting to me to see how the jurors would vote if it was a Paul/Nicole Final 2.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Umbelina said:

9/16 - Special Friday episode, this is the clip show. Guess it's airing on Friday this year opposed to the Sunday before the finale.

Ho hum.  So tonight we see Victor go and Paul win HOH.   Noms will be Corey and Nicole either tonight or tomorrow.  POV is the only interesting thing to see who has the vote.  All this could have happened tonight in a 90 minute show, easily with finale on Sunday.  Clip show?  Never!  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LordBowen said:

Well, here's my best case ending  (considering I really don't want any of them to win).  YMMV.  (Note: I tried to put a smiley face here, but don't know how.)

4th: Nothing Corey wins nothing.
3rd: AFP-obsessed James wins AFP.
2nd: Paul. Sorry, Paul's mom, no Bentley for you.
1st: Nicole.  Which is necessary in order for Paul to become the first male BB contestant to lose to a female in Final 2.

I may have switched James and Nicole if I wasn't convinced James' winnings would be gone within a year.

Also, it would be very interesting to me to see how the jurors would vote if it was a Paul/Nicole Final 2.

Just curious-why would you want James to win AFP? Why would anyone? His entire game (and thus, to an extent, Natalie's) was geared toward winning it. Uh uh. It would be horrible for him to win AFP two seasons in a row. I'd only be happy if Victor or Bridgette won.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Daniele Donato had a baby?! How did I miss that?

ETA: I couldn't find any info on Daniele having a baby. Are you sure about that @Umbelina?

I don't think she's had it yet, but she is pregnant.  Brendan and Rachel basically confirmed it during their segment about their daughter when they said they beat Dani and Dom to having the first BB baby. 

I was going to say that James is in a terrible spot now if Paul won HOH but I guess if Paul is against Nicorey now then it's basically 2 on 2. 

• Love 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently James told Victor to make sure Natalie wasn't being "promiscuous" in jury. He's so gross. Run, Natalie, run!

He is really worried about Victor flirting with her. That is what that was about. 

I like Dom and Dani the best of the couples.  I think it is because I don't see them on my TV every season.   

Hoping Paul won the HOH.  

James is in a great spot to be brought along to the finals.  

And anyone but James to win AFP. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I like Dom and Dani the best of the couples.  I think it is because I don't see them on my TV every season.   

And they weren't even a couple on their season.  I think their relationship surprised a lot of people.  Suddenly they were engaged lol

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently James told Victor to make sure Natalie wasn't being "promiscuous" in jury. He's so gross. Run, Natalie, run!

WTAF? He was joking, right? Because how is Victor supposed to control another adult's behavior without crossing some serious boundaries? I doubt Natalie would do it but this makes me wish Victor would hit that like the hammer of Thor. At the very least he should clue her in on the stuff James said and did behind her back. Ugh.

• Love 5

I don't think Dani Donato is pregnant. Apparently, her racing Rachel to get pregnant is a "thing," so I think that's why Rachel made that comment. From a September, 2015 interview:

Although she lost in her first season to her father, Evel Dick Donato, in one of the most memorable seasons in the show's history, her second run in the Big Brother house brought a different prize by the name of Dominic Briones. Donato married her season 13 castmate, and with the recent baby news from Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas, the Huntington Beach native says, "I am so glad that Rachel is pregnant because now everyone can stop acting like it’s a competition for us to get pregnant. We definitely do want a baby — I’m just glad they took the pressure off of us.”

I saw another interview where they said they want to start trying to get pregnant when Dani finishes school (don't know when that is). I just looked at her Twitter and there's no mention of being pregnant and she posted "Tonight we drink" on 8/20. [Yes, I do have a project I'm procrastinating on; why do you ask?]

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Umbelina said:

If I'm not mistaken they show the beginning of the final HOH at the end of the clip show. 

I don't think she's had it yet, but she is pregnant.  Brendan and Rachel basically confirmed it during their segment about their daughter when they said they beat Dani and Dom to having the first BB baby. 

That didn't mean she was pregnant, just that they beat the 2 other Big Brother couples to having a baby first.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

Just curious-why would you want James to win AFP? Why would anyone? His entire game (and thus, to an extent, Natalie's) was geared toward winning it. Uh uh. It would be horrible for him to win AFP two seasons in a row. I'd only be happy if Victor or Bridgette won.

I don't want James to win AFP.  Victor would be my choice.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

He hasn't been wrong about the last 2 HOH comps. 

If this is true then Paul needs to win Veto to keep James in the game. But if Nicole or Corey win Veto then James is gone. I hate James so much in this game that I hope Nicole or Corey wins. 

If Paul wins though, then James controls who goes home and I imagine he will evict Corey. 

If James or Paul don't win veto than James is going home and that sucks (I am hoping Paul did not actually win the HOH).

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

He is really worried about Victor flirting with her. That is what that was about. 

He is really insecure which is unfortunate. Most of us have probably felt that way in our lives at some point. Victor has no interest in her what so ever in their conversation they had the other night. He may actually be worried about Paulie. It really doesn't matter. If she is into him (James) than he she will not do anything (I don't think she is going to anything with anyone to be honest) and if she does he never had her. This situation between the 2 of them had gone from wonderful to sad. I will still keep up hope.

I think it's ludicrous for James to act like some possessive husband for the few days she's in jury with a bunch of girls and two men.  But then again it is the first time these people have had bedrooms without cameras in a long time.  And if I had to break my long dry spell with shlubby old James or hot-ass Victor (assuming he trims that hot mess on his face), douches though they both are, I know which way I'd go.  

Edited by Guest
37 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

If James or Paul don't win veto than James is going home and that sucks (I am hoping Paul did not actually win the HOH).

I believe Miss Cleo, he has a good record.   I would like James to go.   A final 3 of Paul, Nic, Corey is much more interesting, for me. 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

28 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I think it's ludicrous for James to act like some possessive husband for the few days she's in jury with a bunch of girls and two men.  But then again it is the first time these people have had bedrooms without cameras in a long time.

It's ludicrous for James to act like some possessive anything and it's disgusting that he dispatched Victor to police Natalie's sexual behavior. His worst fear is that Natalie is having threeways with Paulie and Meech in the JH pool and they're all laughing about what a fool James is. If that turns out to be true, he seriously wants Victor to be like, "Wow, Natalie, I really don't think it would make James feel very good to see you doing this..." It's so pathetic on top of being disturbingly gross.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, AndreaK1041 said:

I do like seeing the comics! Did they have to make Michelle look so thick though? You know that's all she's going to see in that, a big marshmallow.

The comics have never been known to be flattering.  :^)  She did gain a lot of weight.  I never realized it until I paid attention to the opening credits.  I heard her talk about it but dismissed it as just being overly concerned.  

If the spoiler is true, I'm hoping for a James POV.  Corey has been such a complete waste of space this whole season, a 4th place finish seems just about right for him.  And I can not handle a Corey/Nic final two.  That's my biggest nightmare!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

That didn't mean she was pregnant, just that they beat the 2 other Big Brother couples to having a baby first.

ahh ok.  I must have read a rumor before that segment that said they were, especially since Rachel actually commented on it. I don't care enough to look up and see if it's true or not lol

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anybody actually have evidence that James said this? Given that the feeds have been down and all...

All I've seen so far is an 'apparently'. He also told Victor to tell Nat he was sad and missed her. Didn't notice anyone rushing to say 'poor James, thats sad' yet the slightest hint that he MIGHT have said something (which also MIGHT have been said jokingly, since apparently noone heard him say it) and its pitchforks and torches...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Does anybody actually have evidence that James said this? Given that the feeds have been down and all...

All I've seen so far is an 'apparently'. He also told Victor to tell Nat he was sad and missed her. Didn't notice anyone rushing to say 'poor James, thats sad' yet the slightest hint that he MIGHT have said something (which also MIGHT have been said jokingly, since apparently noone heard him say it) and its pitchforks and torches...

As a James fan, I think if he said it it was just done jokingly.  Most likely because Natalie was very vocal about not doing anything in the house because of the cameras.  In jury = no cameras so she can do whatever she wants.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LordBowen said:

Timwil said - It would be horrible for him to win AFP two seasons in a row.

OMG - We'd never hear the end of it.  He'd be stuffed down our craws every BB forever "...the only player to win AFP twice...."  No, please Gawd, no!

• Love 6