Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, simplyme said:

There are LOTS of nice guys out there. They may have other reasons you aren't compatible, but this statement isn't true. Most people say things like this when they're frustrated or in a bad place, so I take it with a grain of salt. Women who say it repeatedly and mean it tend to have shit taste in men, though.

ETA: The reverse camp of "All women are evil golddigging whores" is just as incorrect, while I'm at it.

You would never hear me say that about women. I was just stating that I have heard that for most of my life. I guess I was a nice guy to women and that is maybe why I heard it a lot. Just guessing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

It's because earlier when they (Corey, Nic, Vic, Paul) were discussing it Corey said it didn't matter who he gave it to, because that person would just spring for the trip for all of them, or excursions or something.   Also when they were all planning their trip Vic flat out said there is no way he could afford to go, not in a whiny way, more in a "you guys have a blast" way.

As far as how Nat and James feel?  Nat has always been realistic about it.  Basically, "who knows until we are out of this game and this house?"  James though?  Stage 12 clinger.  Hell, if he thought Meg "led him on" when she was constantly telling him to get off her, he'll melt down completely when Natalie realizes who this dude really is.  Lazy, fame ho, living in a small town in Texas, with very little ambition, except to live off his "fame" by being a local hero and having his drinks purchased by "fans."

In the house and out of the house are two different things as far as relationships.  Corey's already said no chance is he interested in Nicole outside of the house.  

My preference of winners is: Vic, Natalie, Paul, and then WAY down that list, Nicole, James, Corey. 

This season seriously blows.  We did have a few good weeks though.

AFP to Vic hands down though.  The edit isn't going to allow it, but he, and Natalie at times, have been my bright spots.

He trashed the hell out of Meg!

Do YOU know the whole story because I would like to know. The way James is painted by some of the people here (Personal only) I may have to follow up on him after the show to see what a horrible, evil person he really must be. I do not do Facebook or Twitter (I know. Get in the 21st century dude) but I will see what I can find out. I just don't see it on the show and that is all I have to go by. I know Meg was perfectly clear in her intentions

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Depends - is James is sitting next to a female at F2?  #BBRealityCheck

Total agreement.  I've worked all over NY State from NYC to Western Tier.  Hang out with the folks from, say, Oneida or Jamestown for a while.  You'll find it difficult to believe they're from the same country as NYC, much less the same state.

Purely a personal impression, but I think I'm sensing a faint twinge of negative associations here....  ;>

So you're saying Natalie is... a female???

<ducking>

:D

LOL. I can't stop laughing. Thanks for that.

• Love 1

I'm going to give all access BB a try cause this was my first time watching the feeds instead of watching the show and once I find my love for Day/Z, I really enjoyed the feed,  at least when they were not sleeping, lol. I hate their sleeping pattern, especially Z's.

Watching the feed this season makes me wonder how much my feelings on past hgs was base on the production editing the hgs to fit their narrative.  Like I hated Derrick season cause I couldn't stand Derrick/Frankie/Zack, and the season seems to focus a lot on them, at least at the beginning. I don't know if it changes since I stopped watching mid-way. 

Now I'm questioning everything I believe about past hgs, like did Rachel really cried as much as they made it seem ? Was Shelly really always up Jeff/Jordan butts ? Was Jeff/Jordan relationship edit true to them or did production make me dislike a fake version of their relationship? Was Dan and Dr.Will really the greatest players to play this game or did editing tricked me into seeing that ?

After seeing how deceiving editing can be, I don't think I will ever watch it on TV again unless they bring back real DR, not scripted DR's.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

ITA. I think James has really high hopes/expectations for post-show Jatalie. He's probably picturing them as the new Brenchel or something. I think he'll be immature and dickish when that doesn't happen. He'll be egged on by people on Twitter, etc. and even people like Derrick and Paulie, who will tell him that they saw that she was "playing" him the whole time. (Of course, these same people don't think Corey is "playing" Nicole even though he's planning weeks in advance to dump her at the wrap party.)

As Umbelina said, it's relative. I imagine that Wichita Falls is culturally more "small town" than many cities with fewer inhabitants in more urban areas. Natalie lives in a town with just over 13K people, but I bet it's more "big city" than WF. I don't even think geography would necessarily be an insurmountable obstacle if they wanted to pursue a relationship; I think everything else would be.

I understand why you may think that way. Why would someone like Natalie ever be with a guy like James right? But that is NOT what she is showing or saying on the show. She wants to see what happens after the show is over. So does he. This is what they are saying on the show. Both of them. Just so I am perfectly clear. James does NOT deserve someone like Natalie and Natalie is to good for James? Boy am I glad I am old and wise because that just screams horrible thinking to me. Maybe that is why I am rooting for them because I would hope that these kinds of relationships and these kinds of people can fall in love. Romantic in me again.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Watching the feed this season makes me wonder how much my feelings on past hgs was base on the production editing the hgs to fit their narrative.

Oh yea, having the feeds really lets you see how much editing can completely change things. It even makes me look at every other competitive reality show I watch differently. Honestly not having the feeds makes it much more fun to watch this show because it's less stressful. You just accept the narrative they're selling and don't question it. When you see nearly everything it just makes you so much more invested which makes it harder to watch imo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

And this season's HG will be old news by the time CBS Releases the new cast for the show the following week. Haha. 

This will be my only solace if Nicorey wins. At least they'll get somewhat overshadowed quickly.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I just want the pressure cooker but I know they have said they will never do that again. I don't know why because it was the best comp they've ever done. 

I agree... the pressure cooker is the best comp they've ever done.  It's a pure battle of wills.  I think the reason why they haven't done it again is because it went on for too long.  Something like 14 hours, no?  It must have disrupted production's schedule.

44 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I don't remember the pressure cooker. Can you describe it?

Real simple:

• Big-ass (room-sized) plexiglass box in the BY.
  • Buttons (one for each HG) spaced equally along the internal wall perimeter on a horizontal center rail.
  • At "Go", each HG presses their button. 
  • Let go of your button, and you're out.
  • Winner is last HG to hang on.

Simple, eh? 

Keep in mind they're all standing in the same plexiglass box - in the BY - in the California summer sun.

(Definitely not a nighttime comp, this one).

• Love 1

I can't imagine watching this show without the feeds.

That's the entire lure for me.  It allows you to watch editing in process, and how they craft their favorites and ignore the others.  You get to see what really happens, rather than what producers want you to see.  (TAR, Survivor, The Bachelor, any reality show is all bogus compared to BB,) AND they have months to edit their "stories" where BB has to turn them in in a day or two.

For a while the editing on this season was fairly accurate, aside from Corey and Nicole fucking their game away, and completely ignoring any game moves by Natalie, and shoving Paul down our throats constantly both on the show and on the Jeffish clips, rather than the much more naturally funny Victor.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

I can't imagine watching this show without the feeds.

That's the entire lure for me.  It allows you to watch editing in process, and how they craft their favorites and ignore the others.  You get to see what really happens, rather than what producers want you to see.  (TAR, Survivor, The Bachelor, any reality show is all bogus compared to BB, AND they have months to edit their "stories" where BB has to turn them in in a day or two.

For a while the editing on this season was fairly accurate, aside from Corey and Nicole fucking their game away, and completely ignoring any game moves by Natalie, and shoving Paul down our throats constantly both on the show and on the Jeffish clips, rather than the much more naturally funny Victor.

TAR is the only other reality show that I watch that is not a cooking reality show, lol. I understand why they can't have live feed for TAR but they should really have one for shows such as the Bachelor . I don't know why more networks are not doing that especially with the way people like me only really watch shows on the internet, not on tv. 

11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Real simple:

• Buttons (one for each HG) spaced equally along the internal wall perimeter on a horizontal center rail.

Simple, eh? 

Keep in mind they're all standing in the same plexiglass box - in the BY - in the California summer sun.

Oh I remember that one - wasn't that the comp where Kaysar let go of his button after being promised safety and was promptly evicted that week?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, simplyme said:

I'm mostly just teasing people, though the NY vs NYC thing is a pet peeve for many NYers not living in NYC, partially because so much of the world really doesn't know that most of NY state is cows, farmland, and truck stops. 

So please, feel lovingly and affectionately teased. I truly wasn't offended. Just amused. :)  My apologies if I made anyone feel bad. (I'm from one of those families that teases to show affection.)

I get what you're saying. Having a "small town" mentality = more culturally conservative, which is what Wichita Falls is regardless of actual size. The size thing is not a strict correlation, as geography, etc does play in somewhat (ie small cities of comparable size in another state may be more liberal or more conservative depending on other factors), but as a base rule it's fairly accurate.

I confess to having lived in Manhattan for the last 17 years, but I wasn't offended at all. "How is a city of 100K+ a small town?" is actually a valid question and germane to the discussion of whether Jatalie will work after the show. I don't think "small town" people are necessarily "conservative" (though I know James is pretty socially/politically conservative and I would guess that WF is mostly that way too). I imagine (never having been there, just reading about it online) that, in terms of day-to-day lifestyle, WF is similar/maybe even more exciting than many/most locales. There is a fairly broad selection of restaurants, stores, etc. and it's not so small that everyone knows everyone, so I think a lot of people could be perfectly happy there, even if they don't consider themselves "country" (as James does) or "small town." I gather that in addition to going to the mall or Olive Garden or some BBQ or Mexican restaurant, you can go hunting or whatever pretty close by, so I can see how that would be the best of both worlds to someone who liked "country living," but still wanted the convenience/entertainment of plenty of places to go to shop, eat, and drink. I wouldn't consider Natalie an "urban sophisticate," but I think she would get very tired of going to whatever country/line dancing bars James likes and his local Red Lobster (where the bartender is a big fan and gives him free beers!) pretty quickly. Similarly, I don't think James would be comfortable in the "classy" bars in NJ that Nat probably frequents and would feel intimidated by the people there, whom he would perceive as better dressed, "cooler," and looking down on him. Obviously, all my speculation.

4 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I understand why you may think that way. Why would someone like Natalie ever be with a guy like James right? But that is NOT what she is showing or saying on the show. She wants to see what happens after the show is over. So does he. This is what they are saying on the show. Both of them. Just so I am perfectly clear. James does NOT deserve someone like Natalie and Natalie is to good for James? Boy am I glad I am old and wise because that just screams horrible thinking to me. Maybe that is why I am rooting for them because I would hope that these kinds of relationships and these kinds of people can fall in love. Romantic in me again.

I'm not sure why you think people think Natalie is "too good for James" or that "someone like her" would never be with "someone like him." I assume that you mean based on looks/"coolness," but, personally, that's not why I see them as incompatible. I think James isn't good enough for her, but it's because of his character and compatibility with her, not his looks or how much money he has or whatever. I think Nat would be fine with being with a guy who was "country" or "not good looking" or "nerdy" or whatever and that's why she was willing to consider dating James, but I think they have a lot of fundamental differences beyond that and I think Nat is smarter/more ambitious/more mature/more centered to the point where a relationship isn't really workable. I think James is a "nice guy" on a certain level and could/will be a good husband to the right person, but I don't think Nat is that person. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Real simple:

Simple, eh? 

To me, this is more endurance than any of the "endurance" comps they do now. There are too many variables and it's not a level playing field.  Some are easier for short people, small feet, upper body stength, etc.. With the pressure cooker it was literally just how long can you stand here and I think if you want it bad enough you will stand there overnight which is what happened I think.  With these endurance comps, sometimes it doesn't matter how bad you want it because of the physical aspect. I enjoy some of those comps too but they aren't the same.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lisin said:

I just want the teacup comp because watching people fall down is fun for me because I'm a terrible person! 

It's my favorite so I'll be bummed if they don't do it this year :( 

56 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I'm going to give all access BB a try cause this was my first time watching the feeds instead of watching the show and once I find my love for Day/Z, I really enjoyed the feed,  at least when they were not sleeping, lol. I hate their sleeping pattern, especially Z's.

Watching the feed this season makes me wonder how much my feelings on past hgs was base on the production editing the hgs to fit their narrative.  Like I hated Derrick season cause I couldn't stand Derrick/Frankie/Zack, and the season seems to focus a lot on them, at least at the beginning. I don't know if it changes since I stopped watching mid-way. 

Now I'm questioning everything I believe about past hgs, like did Rachel really cried as much as they made it seem ? Was Shelly really always up Jeff/Jordan butts ? Was Jeff/Jordan relationship edit true to them or did production make me dislike a fake version of their relationship? Was Dan and Dr.Will really the greatest players to play this game or did editing tricked me into seeing that ?

After seeing how deceiving editing can be, I don't think I will ever watch it on TV again unless they bring back real DR, not scripted DR's.

Rachel : yes 

Shelly : yes

jeff/Jordan: I don't think I had feeds their first season but I had them in their second and they were freaking adorable. 

Dan: I only had feeds when he was a coach and yes 

when you have feeds you don't really pay attention to the editing of the show  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I confess to having lived in Manhattan for the last 17 years, but I wasn't offended at all. "How is a city of 100K+ a small town?" is actually a valid question and germane to the discussion of whether Jatalie will work after the show. I don't think "small town" people are necessarily "conservative" (though I know James is pretty socially/politically conservative and I would guess that WF is mostly that way too.) 

I love this entire post. I agree that "small town" folk are not necessarily conservative (I'm probably an example of a fairly liberal small town product), but taken as a whole, small towns are often more socially and politically conservative than large cities. There are always exceptions to this (university towns may skew one way or another, etc), and any given individual is, well, an individual. :) We're mostly talking BIG generalities here.

29 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I'm not sure why you think people think Natalie is "too good for James" or that "someone like her" would never be with "someone like him." I assume that you mean based on looks/"coolness," but, personally, that's not why I see them as incompatible. I think James isn't good enough for her, but it's because of his character and compatibility with her, not his looks or how much money he has or whatever. I think Nat would be fine with being with a guy who was "country" or "not good looking" or "nerdy" or whatever and that's why she was willing to consider dating James, but I think they have a lot of fundamental differences beyond that and I think Nat is smarter/more ambitious/more mature/more centered to the point where a relationship isn't really workable. I think James is a "nice guy" on a certain level and could/will be a good husband to the right person, but I don't think Nat is that person. 

I'm in a similar camp. I don't see James/Nat working out in the long run, and it has nothing to do with money, looks, or coolness factor. I think they like and respect each other, but there are some base values that differ that will be difficult to overcome. There are certainly couples who have surprised me before, though. Sometimes it's just one or two things that makes a relationship infeasible if they're the right (or wrong, I guess) one or two things. Granted, not being on camera and not being together 24/7 could be a big help to them... or could kill it faster than a New York (City!) minute.

Edited by simplyme
I kin splel!
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Real simple:

Simple, eh? 

It was a nighttime comp. It started at the end of the show, and didn't end until around 6:30am their time. I remember this clearly because I stayed up to a ridiculously late hour, it wasn't close to being over, but when I got to work the next morning (8am CT), it was Still. Going.

And there was another wrinkle - they didn't automatically leave the box after losing. They only let them out in groups. This played a part in the end because Rachel was stuck in the box with Jennifer and Kaysar, and REALLY wanted out to pee. She helped convince Kaysar to take Jennifer's "deal",  while Janelle was on the outside desperately trying to convince him to stay there. 

Best comp ever, with the worst (for me) result. But yeah, the similar challenge in Season 5 was really awesome as well, and is the entire reason I first got the feeds; I couldn't wait to see how it ended. Diane did not let me down!

• Love 6

This is just a small sampling from these 3 that I find more irritating than Nicole and Corey.  Not saying they don't irritate me, too.   Different opinions do happen on this board.  :^)  Natalie bugs me in many ways, too!  Yes, she does.  I am prepared to take the reasons to my grave..  :^)

Corey's poor mother.  I wonder how many times she has cursed BB for not allowing him to take his Adderall. I loved Nicole being impressed with Corey's bid of 2 billion to signal her to drop.  She said he is not the brightest bulb.  LOL  Weeks ago she said, he really needs it, when finding out he usually takes Adderall.  

Not bothering to list the reasons, Natalie and James are just not going to work out in RL.  James will be heart broken and it will be torture for him to carry on a friendship, always hoping it will turn into more (Ashley/Jared for those who watch BiP, without the pathology).   

23 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

It was a nighttime comp. It started at the end of the show, and didn't end until around 6:30am their time. I remember this clearly because I stayed up to a ridiculously late hour, it wasn't close to being over, but when I got to work the next morning (8am CT), it was Still. Going.

I remember it well.  They were enticed to drop with gifts, some of them substantial.  I loved this challenge.  Some got tied up in conversation and unwittingly took their focus off the button.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

"Have you guys ever been to Canada? I mean, you may have visited Canada, but you've never really BEEN to Canada like me. Oh, that restaurant? Dogshit! You need to go to this place! No, that club SUCKS, you have to go here! My buddy runs the door there, he can get you in no problem, just mention my name. Yeah I know a LOT of people in Canada...." etc etc ad nauseum

Who isn't moving to Canada? We don't want you. The line ups at Tim Hortons are long enough, damn it!

In all seriousness, he said that his dad lived/lives/is from Vancouver (I can't recall which one) and I think he was claiming dual citizenship at one point. He's said enough about his family and whatnot that I'm really honestly wondering if I'm related to him. Unfortunately, I don't have a family tree handy to scan down and see if he's in it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, you have Paul down. Good job! Speaking of, I literally can not stand to listen to him speak at all anymore.

Thanks to Paul, I never have to hear another Louis CK routine as long as I live...

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Who isn't moving to Canada? We don't want you. The line ups at Tim Hortons are long enough, damn it!

I don't know which Tim Hortons you frequent, but I guarantee you Paul knows a better one...

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This is just a small sampling from these 3 that I find more irritating than Nicole and Corey.  Not saying they don't irritate me, too.   Different opinions do happen on this board.  :^)  Natalie bugs me in many ways, too!  Yes, she does.  I am prepared to take the reasons to my grave..  :^)

Corey's poor mother.  I wonder how many times she has cursed BB for not allowing him to take his Adderall. I loved Nicole being impressed with Corey's bid of 2 billion to signal her to drop.  She said he is not the brightest bulb.  LOL  Weeks ago she said, he really needs it, when finding out he usually takes Adderall.  

Not bothering to list the reasons, Natalie and James are just not going to work out in RL.  James will be heart broken and it will be torture for him to carry on a friendship, always hoping it will turn into more (Ashley/Jared for those who watch BiP, without the pathology).   

I remember it well.  They were enticed to drop with gifts, some of them substantial.  I loved this challenge.  Some got tied up in conversation and unwittingly took their focus off the button.  

Paragraph 3: I don't think they are either as much as I would love to see that happen. Yes they are different but opposites attract don't they? I guess I am just hoping against hope but that is really all we have in the completely messed up world we live in. Sorry I got deep there.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bbaddict said:

Paragraph 3: I don't think they are either as much as I would love to see that happen. Yes they are different but opposites attract don't they? I guess I am just hoping against hope but that is really all we have in the completely messed up world we live in. Sorry I got deep there.

After being force-fed the nauseating horror-show that is Brenchel for the last few years I feel like I'm owed a genuine happy-ending romance!

• Love 2

Random thoughts:

IMHO the deal breaker in a future James/Natalie romantic relationship would be James' lack of ambition. Can definitely see them remaining close friends though.

Can't help but think James has spent a LOT of time going over scenarios in his head wherein he introduces Natalie to his friends back home.

Have an uneasy feeling TPTB want a Nicole win.  Which, no.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, LordBowen said:

Random thoughts:

IMHO the deal breaker in a future James/Natalie romantic relationship would be James' lack of ambition. Can definitely see them remaining close friends though.

Can't help but think James has spent a LOT of time going over scenarios in his head wherein he introduces Natalie to his friends back home.

Have an uneasy feeling TPTB want a Nicole win.  Which, no.

I want to understand why James isn't ambitious? He had a pretty good paying job. He likes BB and he has made some money off of that. He also enjoys meeting and being with fans. He does the reality circuit and makes some money with that. Explain please? Natalie is very ambitious but what is she going to do work wise? She is educated but admits she has ADD. I could see her getting an opportunity out of this possibly.

12 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I want to understand why James isn't ambitious? He had a pretty good paying job. He likes BB and he has made some money off of that. He also enjoys meeting and being with fans. He does the reality circuit and makes some money with that. Explain please? Natalie is very ambitious but what is she going to do work wise? She is educated but admits she has ADD. I could see her getting an opportunity out of this possibly.

Ambition as in long-term goals and career after BB.  His BB stuff is great for now, but it's not going to last.  As I said, just my opinion. YMMV.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I think that James isn't ambitious in the sense that he would/will be perfectly happy working some low- to mid-paying job and possibly collecting a few extra bucks doing appearances as a reality TV star for the rest of his life. I think he is happy living in a small to mid-sized town in fly-over country and probably feels lucky and "cool" to get to go to NY/LA/LV once or twice a year as part of his "reality TV career." Nothing wrong with any of that. Natalie is not some high-powered career woman, but she dreams of being financially comfortable/independent (in NYC terms), having a relatively high-profile career as an NFL cheerleader (presumably with attendant opportunities to get a mid- to high-paying "real" job), have enough money to support herself and give significant help to her family, etc. Nothing wrong with that either. I actually think Natalie could get some professional opportunities out of BB working in her field of PR/marketing/events and maybe even as a cheerleader or spokesperson/host. She has a good personality for PR/marketing and her added notoriety from BB would be helpful in some situations. I could see her building a solid career in PR/marketing and making pretty good money in the NYC area, which is a far cry from what I think James' realistic prospects are. (Not putting him down, but that's just how I see it.) She will also have more opportunities to capitalize on her BB "fame" being based in the NYC/Philadelphia area and I could see her having a decent social media following, at least as good as Nicole, so she could also eclipse James in that arena.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:
Natalie bugs me in many ways, too!  Yes, she does.  I am prepared to take the reasons to my grave..  :^)

Natalie bugs me too. Lately, I can barely stand to watch her on the feeds. The baby talk and whining is annoying as hell. Still, I think she is a good person (just not someone I would hang out with all day every day for months) and the most rootable on a personal level of everyone left.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Was Jeff/Jordan relationship edit true to them or did production make me dislike a fake version of their relationship?

I still laugh thinking about their first season conversation in the backyard.  Jeff asked Jordan what kind of animal she would be.  She answered "a squirrel"  Jeff: " What?  Not a lion or something?" "No, squirrels are cool, they get to hang out in neighborhoods and stuff."  Too funny

• Love 4
Just now, urusai said:

I still laugh thinking about their first season conversation in the backyard.  Jeff asked Jordan what kind of animal she would be.  She answered "a squirrel"  Jeff: " What?  Not a lion or something?" "No, squirrels are cool, they get to hang out in neighborhoods and stuff."  Too funny

She had to think really hard before she came to that answer, too. Could practically smell the wood burning from across the feeds.

• Love 1

Corey has the advantage for the height but he has to work up there. Natalie was doing well until,she dropped her egg before the commercial. Actually, I thought Victor was in a good position and I wouldn't be shocked if he won. If he does I think he and Paul will make the Final 3.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I am extremely 'meh' about this season right now. 

The past 3 weeks I've only watched the live shows. They really need to stop with these long ass seasons because it's just boring as hell at the end.

I don't really understand how they're even supposed to win this comp. Like how in the world are they going to be able to knock down the 'H's? The ramp doesn't even go to them!

Does anyone remember how long this comp usually takes? I'm trying to decide whether to stay up to see who wins or just go to bed.

• Love 1

Oh yea, there were teams at one point. LOL.

1 minute ago, Cutty said:

So no more double evictions? LOL. Allison Grodner is so goddamn incompetent it's not even funny.

Seriously. I guess they're gonna do that 'surprise eviction' that we don't even get to see the full aftermath of because the feeds are off. Such bullshit. It still annoys me that we were robbed of seeing the before and after of Austin's blindside last season.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone remember how long this comp usually takes? I'm trying to decide whether to stay up to see who wins or just go to bed.

If I remember correctly, this comp goes surprisingly faster than most. I think the feeds are usually back before the two hour mark (I think even by the hour mark). But that's without knocking down three targets and missing requires you to start all over. So it all depends on timing and precision. Hey, good thing Corey's a baseball coach, right? 

I'll say the feeds come back in a decent time. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The past 3 weeks I've only watched the live shows. They really need to stop with these long ass seasons because it's just boring as hell at the end.

I don't really understand how they're even supposed to win this comp. Like how in the world are they going to be able to knock down the 'H's? The ramp doesn't even go to them!

To the first part: agree and +1. I've pretty much checked out for the season. It usually happens around this time, too.

To the second part: I think the ramps are movable. As in, pick it up so it's flat, place egg on it, and tilt it in the direction you want it to go. I think. They never bother explaining shit.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

To the second part: I think the ramps are movable. As in, pick it up so it's flat, place egg on it, and tilt it in the direction you want it to go. I think. They never bother explaining shit.

Oh I didn't even think of that. You're probably right. Hopefully they explain things better to the players than they do to us!

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh I didn't even think of that. You're probably right. Hopefully they explain things better to the players than they do to us!

Honestly, I couldn't even see an opening at the top for the egg to fit through, which is why I came up with that theory. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

Natalie is very ambitious but what is she going to do work wise? She is educated but admits she has ADD. I could see her getting an opportunity out of this possibly.

Please explain why ADD would limit Natalie's future work prospects. I have a master's degree, and a high paying job with tons of responsibility.  I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be allowed to do that with ADD. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Natalie bugs me too. Lately, I can barely stand to watch her on the feeds. The baby talk and whining is annoying as hell. Still, I think she is a good person (just not someone I would hang out with all day every day for months) and the most rootable on a personal level of everyone left.

My annoyance with her has nothing to do with her not being a nice girl, she is.  Her forced perk drives me to distraction among other things.  

2 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Please explain why ADD would limit Natalie's future work prospects. I have a master's degree, and a high paying job with tons of responsibility.  I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be allowed to do that with ADD. 

She is not that bright and may be using ADD as an excuse or crutch.  A guess.  

• Love 3

I was just thinking, probably not the best idea to block this comp from the feeds right after announcing a new season that you have to buy All Access to watch.

The fact that people are going insane over Michelle taking that stupid floaty that Paul's dumb ass wore for a week straight has me in stitches.

• Love 4