Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Unhappy Holidays

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I'm sure this is news to nobody but me, but in today's Daily Mail it says that Jules is divorcing Michael for cheatin'

With Lu? 

In all seriousness, this news makes me sad.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I honestly do not remember Heather apologizing for anything.  I remember Heather getting apologized TO whether she deserved an apology or not.  And only THEN Heather moved on, once her butt was sufficiently smooched.

I agree that Heather and Carole had each other's backs, come hell or high water. It's why they were viewed, by many, as the only authentic friendship across all the franchises.  I wonder how that friendship is faring now.

They are still friends according to both women and Heather/Kristen are also still close friends. Heather apologized to Dorinda several times when Dorinda went in on her during one of her drunken rampages, going into the restaurant first without waiting for Dorinda in T&C is just 1 of those times.

• Love 6
(edited)
53 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It is because LuAnn made such a HUGE deal and wrote the song "Girl Code" that the others are perpetuating it.  I don't think Ramona made a big deal out of LuAnn dating Tom, but she did point out that if LuAnn is going to be such a big proponent of "Girl Code", then surely dating a guy that had recently been dating your friend would require following some "Girl Code" rules like a courteous 'heads up, is this ok?' kind of thing.  That's the point.  LuAnn is a do as I say and I do whatever I damn well please kind of "girl"....Who fucks everyone!

If Luann's  premise is wrong, for purposes of argument, dancing during the national anthem and it violates some code and Carole et al, tell her she is wrong and she doesn't have any business saying anything about Carole dancing to the national anthem because Luann has danced to the national anthem.  That would make Luann carrying on a double standard, not necessarily the premise wrong.  Hate the player not the game.  So if Luann, after being told, it is none of her business if Carole dances to the national anthem, then dances to the national anthem, it doesn't make her a hypocrite as she has just followed suit with what Carole and Bethenny have said is their correct premise that dancing to the national anthem is okay.  Luann is not forever barred from dancing to the national anthem because she once danced to the national anthem and called someone out on dancing to the national anthem.

For clarification if a man asks me out and I have third party knowledge he has previously dated a co-worker, wouldn't my duty be to inquire of the gentleman where the relationship with the co-worker presently stood?  If he were to say we went out to dinner a couple of months ago, I would think that would answer the involvement question which is the only one that really counts.  No one should have to ask for a previous date's blessing to date someone.

Out of curiosity, if Luann had called Ramona up, after the fireworks filled chance encounter between Luann and Tome at the Mark Hotel,  had Ramona said, (and I believe she would say this) I am not done with him yet-what would be the next step?  Would Luann then tell Tom, that Ramona wasn't finished or it would hurt her feelings?  Would Luann and Tom then be placed on the Wait For Ramona list?   

Edited by zoeysmom
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If Luann a premise is wrong, for purposes of argument, dancing during the national anthem and it violates some code and Carole et al, tell her she is wrong and she doesn't have any business saying anything about Carole dancing to the national anthem because Luann has danced to the national anthem.  That would make Luann carrying on a double standard, not necessarily the premise wrong.  Hate the player not the game.  So if Luann, after being told, it is none of her business if Carole dances to the national anthem, then dances to the national anthem, it doesn't make her a hypocrite as she has just followed suit with what Carole and Bethenny have said is their correct premise that dancing to the national anthem is okay.  Luann is not forever barred from dancing to the national anthem because she once danced to the national anthem and called someone out on dancing to the national anthem.

For clarification if a man asks me out and I have third party knowledge he has previously dated a co-worker, wouldn't my duty be to inquire of the gentleman where the relationship with the co-worker presently stood?  If he were to say we went out to dinner a couple of months ago, I would think that would answer the involvement question which is the only one that really counts.  No one should have to ask for a previous date's blessing to date someone.

Out of curiosity, if Luann had called Ramona up, after the fireworks filled chance encounter between Luann and Tome at the Mark Hotel,  had Ramona said, (and I believe she would say this) I am not done with him yet-what would be the next step?  Would Luann then tell Tom, that Ramona wasn't finished or it would hurt her feelings?  Would Luann and Tom then be placed on the Wait For Ramona list?   

Here's my view, if you make a huge deal about how you should never dance during the national anthem, berate your friends about it, write a SONG about it and try to incorporate that philosophy into your reality tv persona, and then the next season you start dancing during the national anthem...your previously berated and exhausted by your antics co-workers are going to point out that you are a big fat hypocrite for your previous stance.  You suddenly renounce your previous stance and conform to your detractors when it's convenient for you?  Yeah, I'm gonna say something.  

I don't believe that LuAnn had to get Ramona's permission or blessing, but a simple acknowledgement/heads up would have been properly in line with the 'girl code'.....and if Ramona said she and Tom weren't finished or whatever, it's up to LuAnn to decide to either say fuck you to Ramona and pursue anyway or back the fuck up and find another man who isn't involved with multiple friends/coworkers. 

• Love 7

I read a bit ago that Jules husband filed for divorce. I'm pretty shocked. I didn't see that coming. 

Also read that Carole is worth 50 million, the most of all the housewives. Also, very shocked.

Who are these people! And whyyyyy does my couple I liked have to divorce and the person I can't stand have to be so rich? Life is unfair. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, shoegal said:

Well, that's my point, the discussion here is the recent episode, there are threads for past seasons and Carole specifically to rehash bookgate ad nauseum. 

Speaking of this episode, I love love love that Carole and Bethenny called the Countess out on all of her shit and laid her bare.  LuAnn is a nasty, sanctimonious fake ass bitch in a cheap lace jumpsuit. Daaaahhhhhling....

Was Lu naked?

They snatched her clothes from her?

Now had it been that unflattering jumpsuit I wouldn't protest such a thing.. Lol

I can see that point, but I do think there is something to be said for the fact that LuAnn did start it, she got nasty with Carole because Carole was dating Adam, not because of something that Carole did to LuAnn.  Did Carole retaliate?  Yes, and in these kinds of situations I feel like Carole will only see her behavior as defensive until she feels that LuAnn is sincerely sorry and she can put down her defenses.  Carole still has her guard up against LuAnn because she's not sure if the assault is over.  If the two can truly get over it and become friendly again, I would expect Carole to apologize for her part.  As far as Carole's recent behavior, I don't think Heather's presence would make a difference as LuAnn and Heather also have issues with what went down in Turks & Caicos and the aftermath.  I do think Bethenny and Carole feed each other in their dislike for LuAnn, but I don't think Heather would have stopped it.

But it's been said. That's the point. How many times is that point supposed to be relevant?

Not sure the assault is over? See that's reaching and I think that's what makes Carole look so stupid. Being on the defense, on guard and on the offense about bullets that have long passed whizzed by you. At this point she's fighting a memory and it's ridiculous.  

Edited by Yours Truly
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But it's been said. That's the point. How many times is that point supposed to be relevant?

Not sure the assault is over? See that's reaching and I think that's what makes Carole look so stupid. Being on the defense, on guard and on the offense about bullets that have long passed whizzed by you. At this point she's fighting a memory and it's ridiculous.  

I believe Carole has brought up multiple times that LuAnn has been shit talking her up until the camera's started rolling, so it's not really long past. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Here's my view, if you make a huge deal about how you should never dance during the national anthem, berate your friends about it, write a SONG about it and try to incorporate that philosophy into your reality tv persona, and then the next season you start dancing during the national anthem...your previously berated and exhausted by your antics co-workers are going to point out that you are a big fat hypocrite for your previous stance.  You suddenly renounce your previous stance and conform to your detractors when it's convenient for you?  Yeah, I'm gonna say something.  

I don't believe that LuAnn had to get Ramona's permission or blessing, but a simple acknowledgement/heads up would have been properly in line with the 'girl code'.....and if Ramona said she and Tom weren't finished or whatever, it's up to LuAnn to decide to either say fuck you to Ramona and pursue anyway or back the fuck up and find another man who isn't involved with multiple friends/coworkers. 

Actually, someone else wrote the song and brought it to Luann for her to sing. It wasn't about Heather/Carole when written, it just happened to fit in with what happened last season. Who knows when the song was even written, it could have been a few years ago for all we know and Luann just decided to sing it last season to exact some pay back from Heather/Carole.

19 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

That is so very sad if Jules is getting a divorce. The strains of filming a reality show can destroy a marriage if it is not on a firm foundation. Really, really sad.

It seems like Michael pulled a Kelsey on Jules! Such a shame, he seemed so normal and likeable as far as HW husbands go. This is just another reminder that what we see/hear isn't always "reality" in these women's lives!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, shoegal said:

The first time Carole spoke to LuAnn after the reunion was at Bethenny's Hamptons party, and LuAnn did not apologize. In the Berkshires, she sent an insincere (and insulting IMO) half assed apology, only after LuAnn got her ass handed to her by Bethenny did LuAnn make an attempt at a sincere(ish) apology to Carole.  I don't blame Carole one bit for her sincere(ish) acceptance of it.  LuAnn's whole MO is fake it for the camera's dahhhhling, and Carole knows it. 

PS-doesn't Bookgate belong in another thread??

Honestly, even if Luann apologizes, it's up to Carole or not whether she likes this woman who went after her in such a crazy and vicious way.  I have a feeling they will reach a kind of detente, but I don't expect Carole to ever actually be friends with Luann again.  Once bitten, twice shy.

I know I would feel exactly that same way, and I am not one to carry grudges.  It's not about a grudge, it's about someone showing you who they are, what their core is, and believing that.

3 hours ago, shoegal said:

Well, that's my point, the discussion here is the recent episode, there are threads for past seasons and Carole specifically to rehash bookgate ad nauseum. 

Speaking of this episode, I love love love that Carole and Bethenny called the Countess out on all of her shit and laid her bare.  LuAnn is a nasty, sanctimonious fake ass bitch in a cheap lace jumpsuit. Daaaahhhhhling....

I like all of the women this season, and dislike parts of all of them as well.  I don't see the need for picking sides.  This is seriously the best mix of a housewife cast in years.

1 hour ago, shoegal said:

It is because LuAnn made such a HUGE deal and wrote the song "Girl Code" that the others are perpetuating it.  I don't think Ramona made a big deal out of LuAnn dating Tom, but she did point out that if LuAnn is going to be such a big proponent of "Girl Code", then surely dating a guy that had recently been dating your friend would require following some "Girl Code" rules like a courteous 'heads up, is this ok?' kind of thing.  That's the point.  LuAnn is a do as I say and I do whatever I damn well please kind of "girl"....Who fucks everyone!

Exactly.  It's the hypocrisy, not her sex life. 

1 hour ago, quaintirene said:

I'm sure this is news to nobody but me, but in today's Daily Mail it says that Jules is divorcing Michael for cheatin'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3643146/Shock-split-RHONY-s-Jules-Wainstein-s-husband-Michael-files-divorce-busted-cheating.html

Oh wow. 

These shows are death to marriages, props to the few that have made it through with marriages intact.

They really did seem cute together and on the same (superficial, bland, inconsequential page.)  She must be devastated.  I hope she gets extra help with her eating disorder at this time.  This is the kind of thing that could really set her back.  Oddly enough, I can picture all of the wives rallying around her.  They all seemed to develop an affection for her, especially after she was honest about her eating disorder. 

This is sad.  Those poor kids!

46 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Yeah, that was the point, and it's a good one.  Walk your talk.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

I think it is more of a see the light situation.  I think of it in terms of politics.  If someone tells me for twenty years I should be a republican and I switch and the republican candidate loses the election it is not my fault the candidate didn't win, because I didn't "see the light" sooner. To then blame me for falling in line with your beliefs too late, as yet another character flaw seems weak.  It makes no sense and does not make for a good argument (on the show). 

The same with delayed apologies.  Luann wrote at the end of last season (September or so) that she never felt as good about her friendships on the show.  So presumably, would it not be up to say Ramona, Bethenny and Luann to say, "not so fast there, (I) we have huge issues with you and need an apology."  Instead of avoiding someone at a party or refusing to film with them.

I don't think Luann didn't tell Ramona about Tom because she gave a rip about girl code or what the others would think-I think she wanted to see how the situation panned out.  If they were serious she would make the appropriate contacts, if not it would be on a need to know basis.  Apparently, Ramona and Bethenny are very interested in Luann's love life but have no desire to share theirs with her, which is a whole different level of double standards. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I believe Carole has brought up multiple times that LuAnn has been shit talking her up until the camera's started rolling, so it's not really long past. 

Carole clearly stated that Luann continued the nasty comments and tweets about her right up until 1 week before filming began for this season and only backed off once cameras started rolling and I believe her. I believe that once Luann realized, really realized, that the friendship between Bethenny/Carole wasn't just a passing thing, she rethought her behavior and decided to try and sweep it all under the rug. Carole isn't buying it though and again, I don't blame her even though I am not all that happy with Carole so far this season.

• Love 7

The song "Girl Code' is hardly a lyrical guide book to the mythical and subjective nature of what girl code is. It's all a play on words for her talked about comments from Turks. Luann was simply cashing in on the attention she got from her 'be cool, don't be like, uncool' line. The song doesn't tell anyone how to act, it doesn't have any indirect commentary toward any of the women. Luann's song doesn't really perpetuate their talk. The song is hardly the standard created as the reason that these women are going after Luann. The song is merely a footnote that they use in their favour to push their 'Luann is a hypocrite' mantra...all the while they're hypocrites themselves.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Yeah but I don't believe her so there's that.

Simple.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole clearly stated that Luann continued the nasty comments and tweets about her right up until 1 week before filming began for this season and only backed off once cameras started rolling and I believe her. I believe that once Luann realized, really realized, that the friendship between Bethenny/Carole wasn't just a passing thing, she rethought her behavior and decided to try and sweep it all under the rug. Carole isn't buying it though and again, I don't blame her even though I am not all that happy with Carole so far this season.

I don't think Carole felt any differently about Luann from the time she and Adam hooked up until the present.  By the time the episodes aired, Carole was in full attack mode on WWHL and that is when the tweets started.    I truly believe that Carole thinks if she is at odds with someone she should collect a full paycheck and that person be written out.  I just don't think she gets how these shows work.  At least Adam is being a gentleman and saying her respects Luann (and he didn't say because he respects his elders).  I think Carole is basically lazy and this is a great ride for her.  It got her a healthy salary, book advance and check for the TV rights wo her unsuccessful book. 

I am a little disappointed Luann didn't simply tell Ramona, she had no desire to ask her about Tom because Ramona is a hugely negative person and will always find a way to put someone down with gossip and innuedo.  (See John and Dorinda.) 

• Love 4

I don't think Carole felt any differently about Luann from the time she and Adam hooked up until the present.  By the time the episodes aired, Carole was in full attack mode on WWHL and that is when the tweets started.    I truly believe that Carole thinks if she is at odds with someone she should collect a full paycheck and that person be written out.  I just don't think she gets how these shows work.  At least Adam is being a gentleman and saying her respects Luann (and he didn't say because he respects his elders).  I think Carole is basically lazy and this is a great ride for her.  It got her a healthy salary, book advance and check for the TV rights wo her unsuccessful book. 

The hell?  Where did you get that?  I've never seen the slightest hint that Carole thinks any such thing, so I'm curious.

• Love 4

I do agree that Carole is lazy for the most part, at least from what we have seen, but the crazy/confusing/nasty tweets started before Carole was on WWHL last season. I had hopped that both Carole and Luann would have talked off season and hashed this out but that didn't happen and Yes, I do think Luann has to give Carole a Sincere apology first and then Carole should follow up with her own Sincere apology to Luann. The ugly/bad behavior happened on both sides but in reality, Luann shot the first cannon ball at Carole and didn't let up.

As for your comment about Carole believing that a person she is at odds with should get fired, I haven't seen that from her and even though she doesn't want to be around Luann at all, she hasn't walked out when Luann arrives like Bethenny did to Sonja just this last episode. In fact, although it is obvious that Carole is still really upset/mad at Luann, she politely engaged with her this past episode. Soooooo, I think Carole is more bark than bite when it comes to filming with Luann or any other HW she doesn't like, including this upcoming trip to Mexico but only time/future episodes will tell us how they, Carole/Luann, progress.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

The song "Girl Code' is hardly a lyrical guide book to the mythical and subjective nature of what girl code is. It's all a play on words for her talked about comments from Turks. Luann was simply cashing in on the attention she got from her 'be cool, don't be like, uncool' line. The song doesn't tell anyone how to act, it doesn't have any indirect commentary toward any of the women. Luann's song doesn't really perpetuate their talk. The song is hardly the standard created as the reason that these women are going after Luann. The song is merely a footnote that they use in their favour to push their 'Luann is a hypocrite' mantra...all the while they're hypocrites themselves.

Thank you! Lu was cashing in and to be honest its starting to be very evident to me that Lu's persona reflects a lot of amused disbelief that these women are ridiculously choosing to use another wives ability to snatch up whatever side opportunities this ridiculous show offers up to them as the basis of conflict and therefore a storyline for themselves instead of something with more substance for themselves to play off of. I get that in fighting is the original ratings getter but as a viewer even I am disgusted when the wives lazily opt for that route. I have to say I'm more intrigued and pleasantly entertained with Lu's balance of conflict, fun, scandal, and lightheartedness sprinkled all throughout the season. I think she wonders why the others just don't opt to take this route and instead chose such difficult and hateful paths as a story line instead. I think as the seasons go on and on Lu wants more and more to distance herself from on screen, manipulated drama and conflict because she has already been there, done that and doesn't aim to jump into that role so willingly. I guess that why I somewhat admire Lu. Not that she hasn't had misstep after misstep here and there throughout the seasons but that she doesn't seem so willing to jump right in to the same old recipe when she knows it's a recipe for disaster. It seems the others know what the end result is after all their seasons of filming but are more than happy to continue with the same formula even if it means possible reaching the same ugly destination on last years trips. Who knowingly takes that same route when they know what the potential harm is waiting at the end? I know Lu is no saint but I appreciate the adjustments she's made over the years in order to bring us a more likeable version of herself, even if it is a bit contrived (which I don't think it really is) I just think she's realized what characteristics deserve restraint which ones are more pleasant for everyone as a whole. Nothing wrong with time and place dahlings, time and place... I for one appreciate the filtering, the added humor the attempts at lightheartedness and the resilience in the face of such debbie downers.. LOL!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do agree that Carole is lazy for the most part, at least from what we have seen, but the crazy/confusing/nasty tweets started before Carole was on WWHL last season. I had hopped that both Carole and Luann would have talked off season and hashed this out but that didn't happen and Yes, I do think Luann has to give Carole a Sincere apology first and then Carole should follow up with her own Sincere apology to Luann. The ugly/bad behavior happened on both sides but in reality, Luann shot the first cannon ball at Carole and didn't let up.

As for your comment about Carole believing that a person she is at odds with should get fired, I haven't seen that from her and even though she doesn't want to be around Luann at all, she hasn't walked out when Luann arrives like Bethenny did to Sonja just this last episode. In fact, although it is obvious that Carole is still really upset/mad at Luann, she politely engaged with her this past episode. Soooooo, I think Carole is more bark than bite when it comes to filming with Luann or any other HW she doesn't like, including this upcoming trip to Mexico but only time/future episodes will tell us how they, Carole/Luann, progress.

Here is the story the tweets were a direct result of the episode airing and Carole's comments. http://www.inquisitr.com/2088289/carole-radziwill-luann-de-lesseps-is-covering-up-own-bad-behavior-which-viewers-will-see-later/  I believe at one point Carole said something about married man.  In any event, I kind of see a reoccurring thread, the women bicker between themselves and the men aren't always accountable.  I believe Adam was dating Nicole until just a couple of months before meeting Carole and had a planned group trip together and went together.  If it is okay with Carole to have the overlap, fine by me, but don't she should be calling others liars and worse. 

I think they can mutually apologize for their bad behavior, but I don't think either one feels they were in the wrong and only party wants to move on.

Oh I think Carole did not want to be anywhere near Aviva and was delighted when Aviva kept backing out of her appearances.  I missed the polite engagement between Luann and Carole.  Carole got up and left the table early (a big no-no in the Countess because she could not bear to be around Luann).  I gess there was the apology-most time they have spent on camera this year.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is more of a see the light situation.  I think of it in terms of politics.  If someone tells me for twenty years I should be a republican and I switch and the republican candidate loses the election it is not my fault the candidate didn't win, because I didn't "see the light" sooner. To then blame me for falling in line with your beliefs too late, as yet another character flaw seems weak.  It makes no sense and does not make for a good argument (on the show). 

The same with delayed apologies.  Luann wrote at the end of last season (September or so) that she never felt as good about her friendships on the show.  So presumably, would it not be up to say Ramona, Bethenny and Luann to say, "not so fast there, (I) we have huge issues with you and need an apology."  Instead of avoiding someone at a party or refusing to film with them.

I don't think Luann didn't tell Ramona about Tom because she gave a rip about girl code or what the others would think-I think she wanted to see how the situation panned out.  If they were serious she would make the appropriate contacts, if not it would be on a need to know basis.  Apparently, Ramona and Bethenny are very interested in Luann's love life but have no desire to share theirs with her, which is a whole different level of double standards. 

It's pretty convenient to "see the light" when it benefits you directly (not you, but LuAnn) and at the very least, deserves massive side eye. Seen the light?  Mmmmmmhmmmm.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

The the song just demonstrates how hard LuAnn tried to work "girl code" into her persona. However, she did dictate the proper "girl code" behavior to the other women ad nauseuem. LuAnn may not have created the song, but she created the "girl code" persona and beat it to death.

Until it didn't serve her any longer (IOW, until she hooked a rich dick who happens to be sloppy seconds, or thirds as we will see tonight).

• Love 3

Just look at her behavior towards Aviva. Also her first interactions with Luann on the trip to London. She was down on her for wearing a cape. Saying she had lived in London. Calling herself an Indian instead of the politically correct Native American. Getting pissed because she tried to weasel free stuff from  her designer friend.  She has had it for her from the beginning.

Carole is just a miserable POS.

Team Luann all the way!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It's pretty convenient to "see the light" when it benefits you directly (not you, but LuAnn) and at the very least, deserves massive side eye. Seen the light?  Mmmmmmhmmmm.

The the song just demonstrates how hard LuAnn tried to work "girl code" into her persona. However, she did dictate the proper "girl code" behavior to the other women ad nauseuem. LuAnn may not have created the song, but she created the "girl code" persona and beat it to death.

Until it didn't serve her any longer (IOW, until she hooked a rich dick who happens to be sloppy seconds, or thirds as we will see tonight).

Wasn't the girl code about Heather and Carole rousting Luann out of bed and demanding answers about Ramona's stray?  I thought that was the whole deal.  I agree they need to stop trying to get tag lines to stick.  it is like Ramonacoaster.  Funny once, but now there is the Ramenu, the Ramediator, and it has lost its charm.

Although a heart warming thread that first ran its course with Slade Smileyin RHOC,  at least the public knows these people's dating history.  I continue to think that once a person is involved with someone they need to stop with talk of their past loves.  What you get is a Harry Dubin type guy discussing his sexual exploits (yuck) and sharing with the other women.  It was the same on RHOC, when Tamra asked Peggy how big a co-star's husband dick was.  Appropriately, we never heard or saw blabbermouth Peggy again.  There are people who really don't care who someone use to date as they want the attention on their present relationship.

Does anyone really hold it against this guy he  has never married and dated three women who know each other?  One, under the table, one platonically and the third he wants to marry?  Unless he is obnoxious like John, aren't the ladies going to feel a little foolish for slut shaming Luann, and beating this guy up?  It is hard to wish a couple well when you have been caught on camera tearing them down. 

24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the story the tweets were a direct result of the episode airing and Carole's comments. http://www.inquisitr.com/2088289/carole-radziwill-luann-de-lesseps-is-covering-up-own-bad-behavior-which-viewers-will-see-later/  I believe at one point Carole said something about married man.  In any event, I kind of see a reoccurring thread, the women bicker between themselves and the men aren't always accountable.  I believe Adam was dating Nicole until just a couple of months before meeting Carole and had a planned group trip together and went together.  If it is okay with Carole to have the overlap, fine by me, but don't she should be calling others liars and worse. 

I think they can mutually apologize for their bad behavior, but I don't think either one feels they were in the wrong and only party wants to move on.

Oh I think Carole did not want to be anywhere near Aviva and was delighted when Aviva kept backing out of her appearances.  I missed the polite engagement between Luann and Carole.  Carole got up and left the table early (a big no-no in the Countess because she could not bear to be around Luann).  I gess there was the apology-most time they have spent on camera this year.

I clearly remember Luann tweeting negative things about both Carole and Heather during/after the first episode last season. It got worse as the season progressed with Luann focusing mainly on Carole for the bulk of the season but not Heather. Carole said that Adam/Nicole broke up a year before but remained friends, good friends. It happens and showed me that both Nicole and Adam acted like mature adults, something these HWs could learn a thing or 2 about. LOL Only Luann calims Adam/Nicole were still an item based on Adam attending Nicole's BD party and a planned group trip on a eco/charity/help projet both were involved with.

I am sure Carole was happy that Aviva didn't go to Montana, all of them were happy about that, even Sonja/Ramona. This past episode, Carole and Luann sat on the couch at Ramona's party, Luann offered up a weak "I'm sorry, I miss our friendship" and Carole did not walk away. She may not have accepted the apology but she didn't flee the room when Luann arrived nor did she get up and walk out when Luann spoke to her. And we all know that Carole knew that Luann was going to be at Dorinda's despite what she said on camera, as Dorinda already told her on camera that Luann was invited, yet she showed up anyway. Yes, she grumbled about it and pouted like a scolded toddler but she showed up and she stayed.

7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Wasn't the girl code about Heather and Carole rousting Luann out of bed and demanding answers about Ramona's stray?  I thought that was the whole deal.  I agree they need to stop trying to get tag lines to stick.  it is like Ramonacoaster.  Funny once, but now there is the Ramenu, the Ramediator, and it has lost its charm.

Although a heart warming thread that first ran its course with Slade Smileyin RHOC,  at least the public knows these people's dating history.  I continue to think that once a person is involved with someone they need to stop with talk of their past loves.  What you get is a Harry Dubin type guy discussing his sexual exploits (yuck) and sharing with the other women.  It was the same on RHOC, when Tamra asked Peggy how big a co-star's husband dick was.  Appropriately, we never heard or saw blabbermouth Peggy again.  There are people who really don't care who someone use to date as they want the attention on their present relationship.

Does anyone really hold it against this guy he  has never married and dated three women who know each other?  One, under the table, one platonically and the third he wants to marry?  Unless he is obnoxious like John, aren't the ladies going to feel a little foolish for slut shaming Luann, and beating this guy up?  It is hard to wish a couple well when you have been caught on camera tearing them down. 

Yes, it was about T&C and the "be Cool, not uncool" nonsense. LOL

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

LuAnn stated that Carole broke the "girl code" by dating Adam, because Adam had dated her niece....but LuAnn doesn't break the "girl code" by dating a guy that's dated her friend or coworker. Pretty convenient for LuAnn and her "soulmate".

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, shoegal said:

LuAnn stated that Carole broke the "girl code" by dating Adam, because Adam had dated her niece....but LuAnn doesn't break the "girl code" by dating a guy that's dated her friend or coworker. Pretty convenient for LuAnn and her "soulmate".

They told Luann it was wrong to think that way so essentially they set her free.  Just because Luann benefitted from being harangued  into seeing things their way doesn't change the way the others should perceive dating people that are acquainted .in their social circle.  I certainly don't thing going out to dinner with Ramona taints someone and Luann claims Sonja was a hook-up. 

The reality is you should not be throwing out your opinion on things that are none of your business. It applies all the way around the table. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

They told Luann it was wrong to think that way so essentially they set her free.  Just because Luann benefitted from being harangued  into seeing things their way doesn't change the way the others should perceive dating people that are acquainted .in their social circle.  I certainly don't thing going out to dinner with Ramona taints someone and Luann claims Sonja was a hook-up. 

The reality is you should not be throwing out your opinion on things that are none of your business. It applies all the way around the table. 

But LuAnn didn't see it that way until it directly benefitted her and excused her actions. That's the point, she held others to the standard that she had no intention of holding herself. Dating a man who is also dating and fucking your friends/coworkers certainly seems like it should qualify for girl code.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

Very true but then we wouldn't have the show for long, it would have been canceled after the first season. Conflict/drama drive the show.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, shoegal said:

But LuAnn didn't see it that way until it directly benefitted her and excused her actions. That's the point, she held others to the standard that she had no intention of holding herself. Dating a man who is also dating and fucking your friends/coworkers certainly seems like it should qualify for girl code.

Luann's bitch was threefold with Carole, it was someone she brought on to promote (much like Carole brought in the designer and bitched about Luann asking for favors), he was Sonja young, this doesn't change he was 28 and Carole was 50, and Nicole had been dating him and had discussed her feelings with Carole regarding Adam-but only four times according to Carole.  Adam and Nicole went on a pre-planned trip together.  Bottom line Nicole told Luann to back down, she did and Carole needs the storyline to keep her relationship with Adam alive.  Luann did say she was with younger men-from the get go but she did not date them.  So I don't see the hypocrisy there-did she actually date one instead of just have sex with one?

Tom had not dated Ramona since September, Luann and Tom got together in November and he was in fact as Luann out with someone else.  As to Sonja, it doesn't seem there was an overlap and  I never know what to make of Sonja and her assertions since her party down days with P Diddy and John John.

Let's look at Bethenny's gripe that Luann dates married men.  Well all they have is the houseboy saying a guy had a wedding ring on and Luann saying they made out.  Then there is Bethenny who is married, seeing a married not filed for divorce guy.  Safest course of action do not speak in certain terms.  bethenny said she would never fvck a married man and voila she is!!!! And most likely was when she said it.   

• Love 5
(edited)
On June 15, 2016 at 5:04 PM, zoeysmom said:

Nope, not even close to what happened. If Lu tries to sell this story she is a liar face. I am embarrassed to admit I remember exactly when the mean tweets started, and it wasn't when Carole was on WWHL. It was when Heather was on. It was April 21st, which was the 3rd episode of the season. It was right after the brunch episode in the Hamptons, after they had all gone to Lu's house. Heather was on WWHL and Lu called in live. Heather was happy to hear she was on the phone, greeting her with a "hi Lu!"! It was clear she thought it was going to be a nice call, and then Lu went nuts on the phone. She started accusing Carole (or maybe Heather, that part was very confusing to me, so maybe someone can clear it up) of stealing something from her home that she had intended to donate or sell.  A jacket I think. She talked of how horrible they were. This was news since in that episode it seemed like they were all fast friends. Heather was clearly shocked because she hadn't expected to be accused/attacked like that by Lu. They kind of got in to it a little bit right there on WWHL. That was the night Lu was doing the tweeting (she said because Dorinda had started the season live-tweeting and it looked like fun). Heather probably didn't realize that Lu had been sending those mean tweets that night because she was on the WWHL set. It was the first notice that we all got that something was very wrong in the Carole/Lu relationship. Carole didn't appear on WWHL for a couple of weeks after that, and by that time Lu had been going bat shit crazy for a couple of weeks. 

Carole didn't go on WWHL until May 5th, long after Lu had begun tweeting about her. When on the show, she addressed the tweets. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/05/06/carole-radziwill-says-luann-de-lesseps-lying-adam-niece/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

Have we been "Fostered" by Jules.  The last time Jules posted a pic of her husband on IG was 16 weeks ago.   Her announcement comes during the last episode?  And will she address it on the reunion?    I want to know what will happen to that "project" house in the Hamptons.  They will have a hard time unloading that disaster.

• Love 2
On June 15, 2016 at 8:05 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Have we been "Fostered" by Jules.  The last time Jules posted a pic of her husband on IG was 16 weeks ago.   Her announcement comes during the last episode?  And will she address it on the reunion?    I want to know what will happen to that "project" house in the Hamptons.  They will have a hard time unloading that disaster.

They will never unload that piece of shit. I am house hunting now. I found the perfect house, in the perfect neighborhood, with the perfect yard and my dream kitchen. It is my fantasy and I can actually afford to buy it. Guess why I can afford to buy it?  It's been on the market for over a year because it has an indoor pool and the price has been slashed like crazy. The realtor said they cannot give that thing away. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Nope, not even close to what happened. If Lu tries to sell this story she is a liar face. I am embarrassed to admit I remember exactly when the mean tweets started, and it wasn't when Carole was on WWHL. It was when Heather was on. It was April 21st, which was the 3rd episode of the season. It was right after the brunch episode in the Hamptons, after they had all gone to Lu's house. Heather was on WWHL and Lu called in live. Heather was happy to hear she was on the phone, greeting her with a "hi Lu!"! It was clear she thought it was going to be a nice call, and then Lu went nuts on the phone. She started accusing Carole (or maybe Heather, that part was very confusing to me, so maybe someone can clear it up) of stealing something from her home that she had intended to donate or sell.  A jacket I think. She talked of how horrible they were. This was news since in that episode it seemed like they were all fast friends. Heather was clearly shocked because she hadn't expected to be accused/attacked like that by Lu. They kind of got in to it a little bit right there on WWHL. That was the night Lu was doing the tweeting (she said because Dorinda had started the season live-tweeting and it looked like fun). Heather probably didn't realize that Lu had been sending those mean tweets that night because she was on the WWHL set. It was the first notice that we all got that something was very wrong in the Carole/Lu relationship. Carole didn't appear on WWHL for a couple of weeks after that, and by that time Lu had been going bat shit crazy for a couple of weeks. 

Carole didn't go on WWHL until May 5th, long after Lu had begun tweeting about her. When on the show, she addressed the tweets. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/05/06/carole-radziwill-says-luann-de-lesseps-lying-adam-niece/

Correct! We all wondered WTH was going on because on all the episodes so far that season, all seemed fine between them, it didn't make any sense. Oh, and it was Heather she accused of stealing a coat when in reality, she had given it to her. And Luann went in on Heather harder than Carole at first then switched to Carole shortly after.

• Love 6

OK guys, new episode tonight so this is maybe a moo point, but seriously? Bookgate wasn't even last season! If you want to continue the bookgate discussion please take it to Carole's thread. Let's leave the episode threads to discuss the actual episodes please! Thank you!!

tumblr_m65t7ftgPw1r9sgumo1_500.gif

• Love 9
15 hours ago, quaintirene said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3643146/Shock-split-RHONY-s-Jules-Wainstein-s-husband-Michael-files-divorce-busted-cheating.html

Ugh. I got that sense from their interactions (he always looked like he was unbothered by her and whatever was happening at the time, just bidding his time til he could be with someone else) and he has access to endless temptations. But I didn't want to be right. Poor Jules. Hope she doesn't eat even less now.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

16 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah but I don't believe her so there's that.

Simple.

17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yeah but I follow both of them on Twitter and it didn't happen.  Luann ended the reunion with we all made up and all is good.  Maybe she was delusional.  Someone here even posted a photo of Luann and Carole at some promotional event in September I think.  Luann may have been talking shit about Carole, but she wasn't tweeting it up until filming started.

I think the mean tweeting last season/Luann going in on Heather out of the blue was solely to promote Girl Code - and it wasn't about Adam as much as it was about them bursting in on her in T&C.  It came out of the blue and was so unlike Luann to be so "uncool" about anything.  She is usually so blasé and "move on" when it comes to stuff.  I think initially she was bothered because she did think they were trying to "catch" her, and she does have kids that would be embarrassed by it. But once she recorded girl code, she had to amp it up in her talking heads and on twitter.  

Even Luann and Carole's "confrontation" about Adam on the show initially was so low-key. I was expecting a big blowup and Luann was not that upset. (Carole's "fuck 'em" talking head may have exasperated things later.) And Luann's comment about "Sonja Young" was not enough IMO for Luann to think that she would have a 2 season grudge match with Carole.  Luann has moved on so many times with Ramona for the horrid things Ramona has said about Lu, that I think Luann is shocked that Carole hasn't moved on too.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The tweets are date stamped.  I posted the story with the actual tweets and they ere in May.

Here is the clip with Luann's tweet to Andy, it is fairly mild, over a coat offered to Carole.  I don't think Luann was ever on the phone. http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/videos/are-heather-luann-feuding  There was no phone call.

Carole was the one claiming Luann was dating married men. 

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The tweets are date stamped.  I posted the story with the actual tweets and they ere in May.

Here is the clip with Luann's tweet to Andy, it is fairly mild, over a coat offered to Carole.  I don't think Luann was ever on the phone. http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/videos/are-heather-luann-feuding  There was no phone call.

Carole was the one claiming Luann was dating married men. 

No doubt, Lu and Carole were tweeting in May, but Lu started in in April, before Carole was ever on WWHL. The tweets attached are date stamped as well.  My point is that Lu didn't start tweeting about Carole because of anything she said on WWHL. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2052529/carole-radziwill-fights-back-after-luann-de-lesseps-blasts-her-for-dating-her-young-chef/

• Love 3

Re Carole and Luann and Ramona and Sonja and their MAN - I don't think that Luann is lying when she claims ignorance of any serious romantic relationship between Ramona &/or Sonja & Tom D'Agostino. Ramona had a few dates with Tom.  Sonja says she's known Tom for a decade but they clearly didn't establish a commitment in that time, so both are (very) free agents & available in my book ("Women Code - puleeze, all these 50+ yr old "girls!")  Previously, Lu & Son chortled about "sharing" Kelly's current gigolo as well as the omnipresent Harry (Aviva's ex-spouse.) IMO the peevishness from Son & Ramona is jealousy that Tom apparently wants a permanent (as NYC marriages go) relationship with Lu.  And then there's (always) that hypocrite Bethenny dating a close friend's still-married hubby while excoriating Lu for the same - ugh.  What a pit of vipers.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow--I knew Housewives is the kiss of death for marriage, but it's still shocking to see it put out there like this (yes, I realize Nene remarried and Russell died):

"By my count, this makes Jules Wainstein the twenty-second housewife to divorce joining these four cast members and seventeen from other franchises: Ramona Singer, Bethenny Frankel, LuAnn de Lesseps, Vicki Gunvalson, Lynne Curtin, Jeanna Keogh, Camille Grammer, Adrienne Maloof, Taylor Armstrong, Yolanda Hadid, Nene Leakes, Porsha Williams, DeShawn Snow, Cynthia Bailey, Phaedra Parks, Lisa Wu, Dina Manzo, Marysol Patton, Mary Schmidt Amons, Michaele Salahi, Catherine Ommanney, Stacie Scott Turner.

Fun fact: Every single marriage on Real Housewives of DC ended in divorce. This leaves us with no married women on RHONY."

From http://tamaratattles.com/2016/06/15/julianne-wainsteins-husband-filed-for-divorce/#more-22138:

So, who's still married? Lisa and Ken, Heather and Terry, Tamra and Eddie (for now), Kristen and Josh (dump him girl), Jill and Bobby, and Alex and Simon off the top of my head. I'm not counting Dallas or Potomac because it's the first season. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Kyle and Mauricio are married now for 20 years, Lisa Rinna and Harry are coming up on 20 years, Vince and Eileen have been married for about 14 years, Erika and her husband about the same time, Kathryn and her husband, Carlton and whatshisname, Joyce and Michael. Oh and Shannon and David-although a very close call, Miami ladies are all still married.  It seems the RH exceed the generally applied 50% divorce rates.  Tough times when the marrieds are in the minority.

I think only Ken and LVP has survived the dreaded vow renewal curse. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I stopped watching NJ years ago, but aren't those couples still married?  I expected Caroline and whatshisname to divorce because he was already living apart from her...don't know if they eventually did.  But otherwise, apparently, not even jail can break those couples apart!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5

The New York post is reporting that Jules is calling the cops to phony up an abuse complaint but that the reality is that she is abusing what they term as her "diminutive" husband.   Page six says this is one of several recent incidents.

Now this is a he said she said kind of thing. But the guy does look like he could transfer over to one of the midget shows on TLC.  Husbands being abused by their wives is one of the most underreported crimes in the United States. There is a lot of shame involved. Especially celebrities. Don Mattingly springs to mind as a case that made the papers. We already know that Jules has a lot of issues. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The New York post is reporting that Jules is calling the cops to phony up an abuse complaint but that the reality is that she is abusing what they term as her "diminutive" husband.   Page six says this is one of several recent incidents.

Now this is a he said she said kind of thing. But the guy does look like he could transfer over to one of the midget shows on TLC.  Husbands being abused by their wives is one of the most underreported crimes in the United States. There is a lot of shame involved. Especially celebrities. Don Mattingly springs to mind as a case that made the papers. We already know that Jules has a lot of issues. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I'm not so sure.  This really did look like a "he said/she said" until his Attorney blamed it all on Bravo! LOL Now it looks like Michael/team took a page out of Brooks "How to blame Bravo for my lie" play book.

• Love 1

I just think he would be happy on his own reality show without the half Asian half Jewish stick figure. Maybe he can foster some pit bulls or something. He can wear silk pajamas and live with three porno actresses from his website. I am sure Carole can hook him up with her contacts in the animal lending community. Call it "Pit bulls and Bull Shit" or something like that there.