Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Mitigation of Competition

(edited)

Sarah finds herself in the same position as Rachel — under the heel of a new HBIC — causing the archenemies to come together for the greater good. Cosima and Susan butt heads on the ethical implications of human experiments. Meanwhile, when the Hendrixes' legal counsel, Adele, further investigates Donnie's case, she begins to suspect Felix is keeping deep secrets. Helena's arrival forces Felix to make a difficult decision.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

From hwhills.com

With Susan Duncan deposed, Sarah will end up finding herself in the same position as Rachel, under the heel of a new HBIC, causing the archenemies to come together for the greater good. Cosima and Susan are going to butt heads on the ethical implications of human experiments.

What is HBIC?

(edited)

Well now, that was some last shot. I'm sure you Delphine fans are losing your minds! Didn't think she'd be coming back this season. But! will Cosima stay well enough to be aware she's back... if the writers have them coming together in the finale. I can see where they have them reunite, but Cosima is not aware or in a coma or something life threatening. But who is the person who touched shoulder? Looked like a man's hand. The mystery continues! 

When they first showed the room she was in, I thought it was another place that Helena was staying, I didn't even notice/make the connection with the French music until a few seconds before the reveal. I was like, who is THIS chick now? Then the music clicked in for me and,then I knew.

Did anyone NOT think Helena would burst in to save the day before Alison got botted? I was basically going 5,4,3,2,1......aaand Helena!  And it did happen like that.  That was awesome when she shot her arrow through the guys neck and his blood splattered on her face!

I thought Helena was going to throw that knife at Adele. Love when she hissed at her. Welcome back crazy Helena! You were missed.

Take THAT Cho!  And having Rachel be the one who burned her? Awesome!  I still want to see someone take out Evie though. She's done too many awful things.

So is Rachel on the good side now? I was paying full attention to figure her out this ep.

No more Donnie thrusting scenes thank you very much!

Edited by Valny
  • Love 5

"Did you just step up on me, little triplet?" I'm afraid to admit Adele has started to grow on me and I felt sad for Felix when she left. It's for the best, the more involved she is the more danger she's in, but still. (And they really shouldn't have involved her in the first place.)

I wasn't surprised when it was revealed Rachel was actually working with them. She's attached to Charlotte and the little girl is still dying. I also think she's knows better than to get back in bed with these people, especially when she's still recovering. They've made it very clear how they feel about clones.

I'll admit I tuned out once or twice this episode. It was well done it's just that nothing really grabbed me.

But Donnie, for shame; at least hang in there long enough for Alison to finish. Now wonder she wanted to pray.

• Love 6

Alison's god has a sublime sense of humor. That scene was awesome. So glad to have Helena back.

At the end when we see the back of some blonde woman's head I thought she would turn out to be Adele w/ that doctor that is always by Cho's side. Finally, I thought, a clue as to what Adele is really up to. But no. Delphine. I've yet to warm up to her.

• Love 6

When Cosima saw that map of the island they are on with so many markings, it occurred to me that Rachel's visions of a hostile forest camp are likely hidden on the island itself (or maybe a neighbor island if security is really that tight) and ready to attack.  It looks like Delphine is their hostage; which would make sense, if they know Cosima is afoot.  Either way, Rachel's visions are almost as exciting as the season opener flashbacks to the real Beth. 

When Adele was talking to Felix about honesty, that would have been the moment for the fan-theory that she's actually his mother, not his sister, to come out.  Maybe she'll be back again next week, though, and with a much bigger secret.  It still hasn't been explained why Felix was "sent into the black, as black as it gets."  There is a lot to wrap up, though and a lot of clones we should be seeing. 

Where is Helena's boyfriend? 

• Love 3

Helena's back, thank god! And Delphine, too! So she's on the same island with mysterious swan doctor guy? Where did Rachel's eye get that information from? Was it there before? I thought she got a brand new one. 

I've given up on trying to understand the motivations of the villains on this show a season or two ago, but Evie Cho's plan was something to behold. What the hell? Your grand master plan depended on everyone not leaking the fact that you're murdering infants by the dozens/hundreds/thousands? JFC. The dude who groomed himself a fucking tail seems perfectly reasonable in comparison now. No wonder they can only find the most depraved lunatics to work for them. Speaking of, I hope we're getting to see Ferdinand in the finale. Kinda miss the guy.

Aside from that, another solid episode and a step back to form. I liked that you had really no idea what Rachel's plan was, she really could've gone in either direction. Donnie/Alison were pretty great, too. Missed S this week, though. I wonder what she's up to. 

• Love 4

It still hasn't been explained why Felix was "sent into the black, as black as it gets.

Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. Pollux. 

Pretty please let it be Pollux!

• Love 4

So Rachel didn't betray her sestras! Yay! Please stay like that.

I don't dislike Ira or think he's a bad guy, but his whole ken doll thing creeps me out. It's also not a good look on the actor.

When Susan gave Cosima the book I thought that she will end up liking her more than Rachel, lol. Her favorite clone right there.

I like Charlotte more than Kyra.

I hope Evie Cho is gone after this season. The problem is not necessarily the character but the actress. I don't really like her, she irks me.

Adele grew on me! It was amusing to see that she's actually sort of capable in spite of being a drunk. I guess if she was sober she could be a good lawyer and all. I hope she doesn't cut all communication with Felix.

I am traumatized after that Allison/Donnie sex scene. This after that masturbation scene in that other episode, with the gooey bot juice used as a visual substitute for semen with that "clever" transition. PLEASE, ENOUGH.

Helena was pretty awesome.

• Love 3

What is this show's obsession with Donnie and Alison's sex life? Enough!

I knew the moment Alison starting praying that she would be answered by Helena. Wasn't expecting the bow and arrow though.

Evie's takedown happened pretty quickly all things considered. Unless she's going to go on a rampage of revenge, there's a chance that could be it for the character.

Have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed when I saw Delphine. Honestly I was never an uber-fan of the character, but let's just say I've watched too many fictional lesbians die this year alone to begrudge her return (even if it DOES render Shay pretty pointless in hindsight).

But there are SO many questions surrounding her reappearance, starting from who shot her and ending with how Krystal managed to witness it. 

Ari Miller gets so little credit, but I think he's doing a great job with Ira. Perhaps it's because Mark is no longer around that we can't fully appreciate the difference between them in voice/body language. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, that was intense...

I mean... especially the Rachel's victory scene. She's always been one of the most fascinating characters to me and that triumph of her over Evie was glorious and chilling ! 

I really hope there is the traditional "put as many clones as you can in it" scene coming up next week and it will be the biggest one yet ! But sadly Cosima will likely not be able to attend (at least in person) and I'm not sure Rachel and Krystal would be in it... but still, it would be so amazing ! 

Oh, and the Helena Ex Machina of this week, eventhough totally exepected, was awesome as well ! Loved that her musical cue returned the moment the arrow pierced that guy's neck ! 

And some credits to Ari Millen here as well ! I still miss Rudy's madness but Ari's a truly awesome chameleon actor. Still... wishing for either the return of Mark (and Gracie) or the introduction of another Castor. But I wouldnt say no to another Castor involved in the plot,, I really think Ari Millen is an underused gem in the show ! 

Edited by Triskan
  • Love 4

Having seen a better male chameleon, not that taken with Ari Millen, I'm okay with Ira being the only one around. 

Speaking of acting, figured out the issue with Evie Cho / her actress. Only her mouth moves. Her forehead / cheekbones are frozen, almost as if she's bottomed out. I wonder if that's a choice to show how closed off she is, or if it's to show some childhood disease that required it. Anyway, that's what makes her a little off to me, and off putting. 

• Love 1

Helena living in a National Park and scaring the shit out of tourists was awesome, as was her outfit. Loving the fox hat! So glad she saved Allison, even if it was telegraphed a mile away. 

If Delphine is on the same island as Cosima, can we hope for a reunion? I trust this show not to let them reunite and then immediately kill one of them off (*shakes fist at PoI*).

And, in your face, Evie Cho!

• Love 3
(edited)

Yay for the return of Helena! When Felix asked her to leave the loft for an hour so he could deal with Adele, I knew the next stop on her sestra list would be Alison so I was counting the seconds for her to rescue Alison and Donnie from Frank. Even though it was predictable, I still loved it. Bonus: one less crazy neolutionist fanatic! I totally loved that Helena was out there, totally self sufficient with her set up in the national park. Ha!

I really felt for Felix. He finally had to choose between his new bio sister and his lifelong family. It's not his fault or Adele's fault that they were apart all these years. I was cracking up when he was making faces at Alison and Donnie to keep them from saying too much in front of Adele. Hee and I loved Helena getting in Adele's face.

Felix is usually so quick on his feet so I was surprised that he didn't even try to come up with an explanation about Helena (and Alison). Even if he didn't want to outright lie to Adele (because honesty IS important in a relationship), he could have told her the partial truth. Given that he and Sarah were foster kids raised by S (which Adele knows), he could have said that yes, Sarah, Alison, and Helena are triplets and like Felix and Adele, they are biological siblings who were not raised together and they only recently learned about the others and met in person. Since that's what happened with Felix and Adele, it's not at all far fetched that Sarah has a similar story (plus it would explain the three different accents). He could have even added that Sarah finding her bio sisters was partially what inspired him to go looking for his bio family.And he could have defended keeping Sarah's sisters a secret by saying it was Sarah's story to tell, not his.

LOVED Rachel getting one over on Evie. It's about time someone took that bitch down!

My one nitpick is how in the world they already have Sarah's eggs to work with. Normally with egg donation, it takes a little while to harvest the eggs. It sounded like they came up with this idea, they yanked a few eggs from Sarah the same day, and then Cosima flew to the island a few hours later.

I'm really curious as to how Delphine (or one of the island people) is transmitting these images to Rachel. At least when she was still in the house, she was in close proximity to them. But now that she's back in The Generic City, she's still getting these images. Does someone else have a neolution camera eye? Heh, or just another necklace like Rachel's?

I'm so excited to see what happens next week but I'm also so sad that it means no more Orphan Black until next year!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 14
(edited)

I felt bad for Adele, when she told Felix he could go back to his "real family", clearly fishing for reassurance that he didn't feel that way... and he was just like "sigh...yeah". Come on Fe... she's your real family too, even though you haven't known her as long. You guys have been bonding for a while now, plus she's representing Donnie for free, which is not something people do for just anyone. You could have thrown her a bone there.

Also, Jordan Gavaris is HAWT. That is all.

Edited by axlmadonna
  • Love 4

There were two main things I got from this episode: the importance of having a good backup person (although I'm sure Cosima and Scott would have appreciated the computer variety last week!) and how a rogue element can upend the predictable. Were there Buddhist prayer flags in those trees?

Rachel's “visual downloads” continue to be a rogue element and begin to have more complex elements and more of a story line. One of the figures seems to be indicating approval of her. If her theory that someone is trying to tell her something is true, is the message a threat or encouragement?

Ira is trying to be Rachel's backup person, but she's not always cooperative.

Evie Cho seems to have a backup guy, but is he her backup or her director?

Felix once again is Sarah's primary backup person.

Helena's entrance bears a striking resemblance to Rachel's vision at the start of the ep.

Donnie is usually Alison's backup person, but her crisis of faith (or the predictability of it) have her somewhat unmoored from him, and his rogue humor and criminal role-play fails to buoy her spirits. Donnie as “God” isn't the same as having God as a backup.

Cosima is operating without her usual backup of Scott and isn't really willing to consider Susan a replacement. Her (and Charlotte's) illness is certainly a rogue element likely to upend everything.

Adele is Donnie's backup in his legal situation, but in pushing her away as honestly as he can, Felix is actually being Adele's backup by ensuring her safety (as much as one can).

Rachel and Ira have limited success in being backups to Sarah and Art.

Helena is the rogue element upending Evie Cho's plan for the "Hendrick" and is the ultimate backup for them.

The visual mirroring of Evie Cho and Rachel at the press conference is striking, since both arise from the same approach to life (make it predictable).

It was believable to the audience that Rachel might have gone rogue from the Clone Club in desire for power, but it turns out she went rogue from what was predictable from her character.

I love the ironic touch of Evie Cho being checkmated (at least for now) by the same process she's trying to destroy, since what is dissemination of a digital message but a simple form of cloning?

Delphine is Cosima's missing backup, but who is the person behind her, and is the hand on her shoulder a comfort or a threat? She's a rogue element now...

• Love 2

Well, now that I think about it, I have to wonder if Delphine is the one sending Rachel these visuals. I mean, if her new eye has some sort of transmission signal, then it could be possible. Although is she just seeing these through her one eye or not? Because if it's the latter, then it's getting too science fictiony to me. 

I was never a huge fan of Delphine, so I was surprised that I was grinning at her reappearance. Maybe it's because Cosima is going to be thrilled when she finds Delphine, presumably on the island? I can't see her not reuniting with Delphine in the finale. Somehow, Rachel's visions have become one of the more interesting subplots to me.

I'm impressed by the show's ability to have so many clones and they at least attempt to give them significant plot points. For me, it also helps for me to care for them. Helena and Rachel are probably the least favourites of the major clones, but I also care for them enough now that I don't mind if they stick around. Helena, for me, is probably the one that is expendable for me, but I loved her reappearance, especially her saving the Hendrixes. The fact that she easily shot that arrow makes me appreciate her unique role on the show, especially since I didn't like that she survived past season 1. I did laugh at her intimidation at Adele.

I feel bad for Adele, because she seems to just want to know her brother but she's very much aware of the secrets that he's keeping. Felix obviously can't tell her these secrets so he can protect her, but I actually felt bad when he had to say goodbye to her. I kind of hope we see her next season, and I do hope she stays unaware for a while. As much as I didn't love her, I learned to appreciate her presence the last two episodes. I think they can keep her out of the loop, but relevant for a little while longer. She ended up being a surprisingly competent lawyer when drunk. I wonder if she's ten times better when sober. 

And I just got a unique pairing of Adele/Krystal teaming up to figure out the entire plan, especially if Adele tells her about her other 'sisters' that look exactly like her. Now THAT would be a hilarious team up, especially with Krystal unwittingly getting involved, and Adele knowing that something is up for sure.

Poor Donnie. He gets beat up and assaulted in jail, gets out, plans on running away to Niagara, and then gets tied up and gagged and forced to watch his wife almost get a bot in her cheek, followed by witnessing a murder in his own home. But yeah, I don't mind the sex scenes all that much, but I was not expecting a thirty second sex scene with Alison and Donnie in the middle of the day. I probably could have lived without. Donnie really is a good husband to Alison, though. Who knew I would end up falling in love with that couple back in season 1? 

I didn't think Rachel would betray Sarah and Art, but of course I ended up questioning her true motives throughout the episode. But it does make sense that she would go through with her own contingency plan, especially when she's definitely not well with the visions, her inability to walk entirely on her own, and her sometimes delay in speech. This episode actually made me appreciate Ira, though. Maybe getting him away from Susan was a good thing. I ended up liking his role. I'm so glad Rachel took Evie down. Now, I want to see if she fights back. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not sure that Rachel doesn't have further plans in mind after the take down of Evie. I can't see her ever forgiving Sarah. She's the consummate game player.

Still don't trust Adele, but wouldn't mind seeing her again next season if only to learn if she is actually who she says she is with no other/further agenda.

It took me a long time to come around to Helena, but what really cinched it is the way she speaks. "Donnie Hendricks, you like roasted pig" or something like that was so Helena and so funny. I just love the way she talks. I was also surprised that she didn't hook up with Jesse Towing & instead was alone in a national forest.

Edited by kat165
spelling errors
  • Love 1

Firstly, because this must be addressed first and foremost: Delphine is back!

So is Delphine on another part of the Island of Dr Moreau with those other villagers? If so, good thing that Cosima's currently on that island too. They are close to reuniting! Oh, and I wonder who was the one to bring Delphine there, as well as still wonder who shot her in the first place. Hopefully, this will all be answered next week. Though from experience of the past three season finales, the tenth episode tends to mostly set up the following season. Considering Evie was pretty much defeated by Rachel this episode, next episode will probably start setting up season five's antagonists. Island of Dr Moreau's villagers?

I'm glad Helena is back and I sort of knew she'd burst in to help Alison and Donnie. Is this two weeks in a row that Donnie's been treated as leverage? Also, Helena's reappearance leads to the "triplets?!" scenario with Adele. I'm actually enjoying how Felix's long lost sister plot is playing out, even if I disliked her at the start of this season.

Sarah and Rachel working together towards the same goal. It's nice to see. Especially with the constant antagonism between the two.

Helena living in a National Park and scaring the shit out of tourists was awesome, as was her outfit. Loving the fox hat! So glad she saved Allison, even if it was telegraphed a mile away.

Think of it as Chekov's Sestra

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, now that I think about it, I have to wonder if Delphine is the one sending Rachel these visuals. I mean, if her new eye has some sort of transmission signal, then it could be possible. Although is she just seeing these through her one eye or not? Because if it's the latter, then it's getting too science fictiony to me. 

That's something I was trying to figure out this episode - I think it's just the implant as Rachel usually touches that eye during/after her visions. So someone is hacking her eye (eww, you know what I mean) and that someone might be a 'Blindspot' fan since he seems to prefer cryptic messages instead of clear informative data. To be fair - maybe they are sending the right information to the eye and it gets garbled by her brain. This would actually make sense - well kinda.

I'm not sure we've seen the last of Adele (loved 'That's brunch'). I don't blame Felix for just giving up the lies. Adele's intelligent and trying to sell her Helena as a triplet after he had said Sarah and Allison were twins would never have worked.

No idea whether this is of any significance but once again Allison's faith was brought up and she wasn't just saved by any clone but by the one clone we know is also religious. We were reminded of that fact by the little icon and the orthodox cross made of bones (of course - it's Helena) in her hut. Glad we got Helena back in all her glorious crazy - 'Beavertown National Park, it was very peaceful' LOL!

Glorious take-down of Evie but just so we don't get too chuffed a new threat emerges. Not sure what Delphine's part in all this is - she did not look like hostage to me but rather like someone in charge.

• Love 1

I jumped when Helena hissed at Adele. I loooooove Helena. I was starting to like Adele, too, but Helena is my girl. For a second I thought she might not get there in time to save Allison and Donnie, but of course she did. Of course. I wonder if they had to rent another jackhammer, or if there's acid left from the warehouse days, or what.

The only clone I really dislike is Rachel. I was glad Rachel didn't actually betray Ira and the sestras, partly because I wanted Evie and Brightborn taken down, but also because I just felt like if Rachel is playing him, Ira's becoming too sad. First Susan uses and discards him, then Rachel... and he really has no one else. Still, I don't trust Rachel not to betray everyone once she gets what she wants for herself. We'll see.

I love that this show told us Donnie is a selfish lover. Most shows would make it a plot point, or a sign the marriage is terrible, but they just showed it to us in passing. Also loved Allison so much when she was preparing for death without even the slightest hesitation. Kendall would be proud of her. And I guess Allison got her faith back.

I'm another person who thought the blonde in the last scene was going to turn out to be Adele, and we were going to see that she was actually an agent of some kind; when it was Delphine, I gave an involuntary yell. DELPHINE!!

I hate that there's only one more episode before another loooooooooooong wait.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't think Rachel would betray Sarah and Art, but of course I ended up questioning her true motives throughout the episode.

I didn't think she would either. I thought the episode pretty consistently showed that her problem was that Sarah was not listening to her and in her mind was not doing what had to be done. Sarah was right though, Rachel is all about power, so I'm sure she has plans for herself and Neolution in that department, which frankly I don't mind as long as her plans for Neolution aren't super horrible, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,  she doesn't betray her sisters. Like, some character development, please. I like Rachel a lot, damn it. Maybe she and Sarah can stay enemies for a little while longer cause she did put a pencil in Rachel's brain and Rachel did try to kill them all, but I'd hate it if Rachel just stays "villain" and doing her own thing away from the others (or, even worse, against the others).

• Love 3

I figured a Sarah-Rachel partnership would have to be chaperoned. I just wish Felix had been the one to do it. 

Speaking of Felix, he was looking particularly fierce this episode. The hair and the eye make up were lovely.

Oh man, I wanted to see the "little triplet" take out Adele. 

Delphine had better have an awfully good excuse for not contacting Cosima for a year. And that excuse had better not include amnesia, the soap-opera all-purpose ailment that seems to affect only women after getting shot, seeing something scary, having a baby, or driving a car. This show has the good sense not to go there.

I think it's only been a few months, not a year, since Delphine disappeared. I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of the season they said it had been three months since Sarah and Co went into hiding in Iceland (or wherever).

24 minutes ago, natyxg said:

I think it's only been a few months, not a year, since Delphine disappeared. I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of the season they said it had been three months since Sarah and Co went into hiding in Iceland (or wherever).

I think you're right. I lose track of the timelines on these shows.  But if it's only been a few months, she might not have healed fully. That was quite a lot of bullets that got her.

The footsteps approaching Delphine sounded ominous to me; I don't know if Delphine is 'in charge', she may be being held against her will. She's a brilliant scientist who knows a lot about the clones, their illness, etc. She would be valuable to many people, perhaps even Castors (since they're also sick).

Helena is still pregnant, and she was inseminated before we even knew the Castors existed, so even though a lot has happened, I think in show time it's been quite a bit less time than it feels like.

RE the prayer flags someone mentioned upthread-- I noticed those, too. I have no idea how any of this fits together, but I think it's interesting. I want to think a person with prayer flags is working for what I'd call good and compassionate ends, but on the other hand, ripping the neck off a swan seems more on the cruelty side. So maybe there is more than one thing happening, more than one person or faction or place being shown. Some friendly, some hostile?

I also thought the woods looked identical to the place where we saw MK in her mask in the first episode of the season. Maybe they just shot it all in the same forest, but I dunno.

Oh, Rachel, you sly dog!  She totally had me fooled with her deal with Evie.  I thought for sure she was being serious, and that plan was going to be for her to overthrow Evie and then become next season's big baddie, but instead, Rachel was actually Team Clones!  Yay, Rachel!  Sure, you're still kind of a shady, Bond villian-ish kind of person, who is still out for yourself, but... progress?  I just hope this leads to her interacting with the rest of the clones more, because she brings a different energy to it, that I really get a kick out of it.

I can't see how this doesn't end with the rest of the Neolution board and whatnot just throwing Evie under the bus.  There isn't any way she can't walk back from this, I think.  She just got outplayed and outplayed hard.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Helena is finally back!  And is just in time to freak Adele out and save Alison and Donnie from potential death!  The latter part was an obvious development, but I still loved that moment.  Helena cares for all her sestras, but the Hendrixs really seem to be the ones she has gotten close to now. Hope she takes up with them, again!

So, basically, it looks like Rachel's glitch is actually her seeing another part of the island that she used to be on (and Cosmia is currently on), and the big reveal at the end is that none other then Delphine is alive and on it too.  I have no idea how all that happened.  I hope they explain it next week!

If this is the end of the Felix/Adele story, I guess she was just here so Felix would gain a sister, only to push her away in the end, for his other, true family.

I wonder if Duko's "disappearance" will be how Donnie wrangles out from his current predicament.

Can't believe next week is already the finale!  This season has been going by fast.

• Love 1

We tend to think of swans as something special because they are so beautiful, and of course there is the symbolic aspect of the swan and Leda. However, a swan is basically a large waterfowl, like a duck or a goose. So for those people in the woods, it may just have been dinner, not some symbolic beheading. Have we ever seen the man in Rachel's vision before? So many characters have come and gone over the seasons.

Because I don't get to watch episodes until the next day, I try to avoid all spoilers. So when I saw a headline on my basic Yahoo page that said "Orphan Black on the Surprise return of two beloved characters,"I groaned and muttered "Helena and Delphine."  Surprise! Not that I wasn't happy to have them back, mind you. 

I never find Fee to be all that attractive, though he is very appealing in his own way. But I record and watch After the Black, with its totally lame hosts, and Jordan is often a guest and he is totally adorable, with "normal" hair and especially without Fee's PP (perpetual pout)

I like the behind the scenes stuff. But I turn it off when they get to the sneak peek for the following week's episode.

• Love 2

Just a thought in passing : I'm all for a Rachel - Alison scene ! 

Truth be told, Alison is the Clone who's story has bothered me the most through the show (not that I dont like it, mind you, just that it has never been the one to entertain me the most, despite many awesome moments), but Alison (and Donnie) are still fascinating character and imo, Alison is (although in her way) the most crazy of them all.

So I think a Rachel - Alison meeting could send sparks flying ! I agree with what someone said above, that Rachel brings a new/different energy to the dynamics of Clone Club and I want to see more of that ! 

Oh, and do anyone think we'll see Cal in the season finale ? I know he's busy following a Dothraki Horde, but I really missed him this season ! 

On 6/9/2016 at 11:03 PM, Valny said:

So is Rachel on the good side now? I was paying full attention to figure her out this ep.

It's Rachel, so probably not.  She's just pretending to be good to get her way -- back into power.

On 6/10/2016 at 10:40 AM, Cyranetta said:

Rachel's “visual downloads” continue to be a rogue element and begin to have more complex elements and more of a story line. One of the figures seems to be indicating approval of her. If her theory that someone is trying to tell her something is true, is the message a threat or encouragement?

The way that the man in Rachel's visions keeps gesturing towards her view I don't think it's just a camera, I'm wondering if it is the view from another artificial eye embedded in another person.

Maybe the right eye complement to Rachel's left eye.  Or possibly the same eye -- that has been recycled when the previous person died.

I wonder if Rachel and Kira's visions are connected in any way? Maybe they somehow implanted something in Kira either when she was in hospital after she was run over or while she was in Dyad. I hope there's a reasonable explanation for both of them.

During the last scene, i was like "who is that? Is that Adele? Please don't let it be adele! Oh no, she's part of neolution too?!" glad it was delphine! I think i saw tears in her eyes so i don't think she's in charge. 

I'm liking Rachel ever since Sarah poked her eyes with pencil. Helena and her funny self as usual. "donnie hendrix, you look like roasted pig." lol! 

2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The way that the man in Rachel's visions keeps gesturing towards her view I don't think it's just a camera, I'm wondering if it is the view from another artificial eye embedded in another person.

That seems to be the case, and the most likely candidate is Delphine. Perhaps a similar implant to Rachel's (put in while she was in surgery after being shot) with an "echo" that Rachel picks up? Could be Delphine is cut off from external communication, with the eye link an unintentional means of transmission, perhaps one way. Doesn't necessarily account for the random swan hallucinations that preceded these new images, though. So much material for speculation! Not sure who Delphine's current group is or what they're up to, but my guess is the bearded guy is a scientist, maybe a rogue Neolutionist with a grudge against his former employers. But his camp is giving off a definite "Others" vibe.

Also really enjoying Rachel's presence this season, and appreciating more than ever the contrast of her character to the other clones. In particular, her calm, confident and authoritative air, especially now that she seems to be getting her groove back. She always seems to be thinking, wheels within wheels, and it was indeed a relief that her endgame (at least for now) meshed with Sarah and Art's. In spite of, you know, the whole kidnapping of Kendra and threatening harm to her son. No accident that she brought up Sarah putting a pencil in her brain, though. There's definitely some unfinished business there.

Looking forward to next week, and while she hasn't been brought up so far, hoping to see an appearance by M.K. in the finale (if only because I have a personal connection to the character).

• Love 1

I love how Rachel says Sarah put a pencil in her brain, as though Sarah just did it randomly, for fun. In fact, Rachel was part of a conspiracy that was holding Sarah against her will, threatening her family, and forcibly operating to harvest her ovaries, as I recall.... The pencil was just part of the force used in Sarah's escape plan.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

We tend to think of swans as something special because they are so beautiful, and of course there is the symbolic aspect of the swan and Leda. However, a swan is basically a large waterfowl, like a duck or a goose. So for those people in the woods, it may just have been dinner, not some symbolic beheading. Have we ever seen the man in Rachel's vision before? So many characters have come and gone over the seasons.

I thought the beheaded swan might've been more than symbolic because one of Rachel's earlier visions was a swan's bloody head on one of the tables at Duncan's lair.

The man in her visions looked familiar to me but I'm not sure if I'm just recognizing the actor from other work or if we've actually seen him before.

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I love how Rachel says Sarah put a pencil in her brain, as though Sarah just did it randomly, for fun. In fact, Rachel was part of a conspiracy that was holding Sarah against her will, threatening her family, and forcibly operating to harvest her ovaries, as I recall.... The pencil was just part of the force used in Sarah's escape plan.

I just hope the show doesn't forget what Rachel has done. It's one thing for her to see herself as a victim (doesn't surprise me in the slightest, actually), but it'd be something else entirely for the show to pretend she has a legitimate beef with Sarah. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, beedub said:

No accident that she brought up Sarah putting a pencil in her brain, though. There's definitely some unfinished business there.

11 hours ago, possibilities said:

2 hours ago, slf said:

I just hope the show doesn't forget what Rachel has done. It's one thing for her to see herself as a victim (doesn't surprise me in the slightest, actually), but it'd be something else entirely for the show to pretend she has a legitimate beef with Sarah. 

Rachel is pretty warped by her upbringing and rather acts like a child, even with all her sophistication and control. Her egocentricity remembers wrongs done to her but feels justified in anything she chooses to do, including kidnapping Kira and destroying her bone marrow donation. Sarah did put a pencil in her eye (and made life very difficult for her as a result), but Rachel doesn't seem to understand anyone else's point of view. She is bonding with Charlotte now... interesting that she bonds with a child. Being her direct clone is a factor, yet it seems to fit her inner social level. Ira is another isolated being she ought to relate to; however, I still think it's a matter of convenience there. Her psychology is sort of interesting - but she's not remotely trustworthy. I don't think that taking down Evie Cho was anything but a selfish act. It fit what Rachel wanted. If it hadn't, the others wouldn't have mattered a bit. Come to think of it, she was willing to sell out Charlotte, her first "friend", because it fit her chosen agenda.

17 hours ago, Triskan said:

Oh, and do anyone think we'll see Cal in the season finale ? I know he's busy following a Dothraki Horde, but I really missed him this season ! 

I hope we do see him, or at least have some mention of him. GoT and Orphan Black have aired in the same time period before and he still managed some episodes... does he have a bigger presence in GoT this season? (I don't watch anymore.)

Edited by justmehere
  • Love 2

That's the kind of funny moment this show did so well in the first season. More of that please.

LOL that poor traumatized child. Best thing though is the expression on Helena's face: she's pleased at the family's reaction.

• Love 1

Maybe Helena needs to meet Rachel. After all, Helena once wanted to kill Sarah, too....

Arguably, Helena and Rachel had the worst childhoods of any of the Ledas (that we know about), but Helena has switched sides and become totally loyal. I'd be interested to see if there is anything that can make the same kind of impact on Rachel.

I like the insight that Rachel is kind of a child. I hadn't thought about it that way before.

I don't really care one way or the other about Cal; he's kind of bland to me. If they bring him back, I hope he's more than just a sunny dude with money, for Sarah to fuck and/or pawn Kira off on for babysitting, like he was last time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, romantic idiot said:

I miss Paul. 

Maybe that was him who approached Delphine in that cabin. And it's the village of people we thought had been killed off.

Though I wouldn't want that, because Paul died saving Sarah, and I wouldn't want his death to be cheapened by having him somehow survive.

• Love 1