Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Blood Harvest

Theo tries to leverage his power as the only surgeon in Wayward Pines to get answers about the status of his wife, Rebecca; at the same time, town historian CJ Mitchum spearheads a vital and potentially deadly project outside the fence. Meanwhile, Theresa frantically searches for her son; and Megan Fisher heads up the research being done on the Abbies.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Guess having a traffic cone guy (season 1 abductee) was more important than having another doctor.

It's like Pokemon, Gotta catch em all.

It's like deja vu, the main protagonist going around erratically asking questions in a crazy town just like last time.  So far, it's a dull rehash with lesser actors this time around who can't elevate the material and not much to build up to.

Edited by Free
  • Love 4

I'm just not enjoying this season.  There is zero suspense and trying to make me care that Ben is over the fence doesn't count, because I don't care.  I want to throat punch the narcissistic teen dictator and his gal pal egger-on-er.  Plus, there's no reason for blonde teacher lady to even be alive. Wasn't she eaten by the abbies or something? This is so not good, but I'll give it one more week to see if it improves.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I'm just not enjoying this season.  There is zero suspense and trying to make me care that Ben is over the fence doesn't count, because I don't care.  I want to throat punch the narcissistic teen dictator and his gal pal egger-on-er.  Plus, there's no reason for blonde teacher lady to even be alive. Wasn't she eaten by the abbies or something? This is so not good, but I'll give it one more week to see if it improves.

It doesn't help that we're stuck with lesser characters, it's a rehash of what we already went through and I could not care less about Ben.  This series is like a balloon that popped once we got the answer and now we're just left with a broken piece of balloon.

• Love 6
(edited)

I hope Ben is dead and doesn't miraculously survive like the blond teacher. Patric's sarcasm is entertaining but the plotline needs help. The book editor should have shot down the name "Abbies." It sounds like a girls school clique. And "Abbie cadavers." LOL!

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 6

They must have been picking those veggies like mother f*ckers because they got that harvest in fast.

Seriously, who picked that Aryan prick Jason to be the leader? 

I'm still trying to figure out why they don't defrost some more doctors.

Does Rebecca do architecturally themed hairstyles? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Where did we leave off ?  Oh yeah, panel van outside the fence with Theo in the front seat and Braveheart Ben and a redshirt in the back of the van while Abbies throw themselves against the electric fence like a bunch of moths.

And we get a new brief history lesson/intro from Hypnoteacher.  All hail Pilcher !

Oh goody, it's a fireside chat time with David Pilcher.   But first Breaking News !!  The Abbies are building a ramp of corpses to get over the wall.  No wonder they bypassed manwich Theo when there are so many tasty 1st Genners on the other side of the fence.

So was the truck with Theo and Ben (and redshirt) being sent outside the fence supposed to be a secret -- because Jason decided to broadcast it live and in color to everyone.  And cameras are so good that Rebecca recognized her husband Theo in the van outside the fence.  Too bad there wasn't a river nearby, because then Theo would have been living in a van down by the river.

Are you kidding me ?  Theo and Ben and redshirt get out of the van and the Abbies only attack the redshirt.  Because of plot.

The Abbies get over the fence and one slashes Kerry real good -- too bad they just sent their only doctor outside the fence.  Jason realize his mistake and tells the 1st Genners to go recover Theo from outside the fence.  How did they even know he was alive at that point ?

Were those rows of corn outside the fence that Theo was looking out ?  So who planted those -- the Abbies ?

Thankfully Theo gets retrieved from outside the fence practically none the worse for wear.  So here's the question -- would the Abbies have bumrushed the fence if the van didn't exit through the fence ?  Or were the Abbies always planning to pull the ramp trick -- because that shows highly coordinated tactical planning.

Theo demands answers and only gets his way because Kerry is dying -- though that burn on Jason about all the pregnant 12-year-olds really seemed to incense Jason.

Rebecca shows up and Theo demands the truth so Jason gives Theo the Reader's Digest condensed version of the history of Wayward Pines -- but Theo still ain't buying it, and it takes Rebecca to calm him down. Theo does the surgery off camera and Kerry wakes up.  Kerry asks about the fence and the crops -- why are they planting crops outside the fence ?  It explains the corn Theo saw but that seems pretty risky.

Surprise, surprise the Yedlins live down the street from the Burke house.

Back in S1 there was food galore, so why is their rationing and meager supplies -- remember all the fresh fruit and deli meat in the Burke household when Ethan first arrived in his house ?  We still have no idea where that is all coming from.  Did the 1st genners concentrate on militarizing the town instead of growing food ?

Rebecca has been in WP for 3 years -- was she unthawed before or after the events of S1 ?

CJ (Djimon Hounsou) is the gardener/farmer in charge of the crops.  I don't know but all those plants he was tending to looked pretty dry.  And they planted outside the fence because the chemicals in the soil inside the fence changed -- how exactly ?  Exhaust from the nuclear power plant running down from the mountain ?

Jason is all worried about the abberant behavior of the Abbies (Abbies squared) by the fence attack -- and the 1st Genners think fire will keep the Abbies out.  Really ?

Rebecca explains that everything is real and slaps him -- then tries to kiss him.  I guess Theo still remembers that they were only having marital difficulties 3 days ago in his time frame, and it's still a little fresh in his memory.

And  Nancy the neighbor stops by with her sick son because she heard that there was a doctor in town again -- and Theo needs to take a look at her son pretty please.

Of all the things that they preserved from 2000 years ago was an ice cream truck that has been re-purposed as a community broadcast system.  An ice cream truck.  WTF !!

So Theo goes to work at the hospital -- how did they get copies of all of his degrees for his office ?  Thankfully he has the common sense to pitch that wonderful photo of Pilcher in the trash.  Arlene is his receptionist and she kind of explains why he saw her getting electroshock therapy.  It evens her out.

To borrow a phrase from the old 'House' forums, the cottages show up to go on rounds with Dr. Theo.

Rebecca runs the Wayward Beauty salon.  We still don't have any idea what she did for a living in the past, but as she turns on the lights and Theresa Burke was apparently skulking in the shadows and starts complaining about Ben being put outside the fence amongst some nonsense about 1st Genners not harming 1st Genners.  Ben was a bit of a Johhny-come-lately and wasn't actually born in WP, so he's kind of an ersatz 1st Genner.

I still can't believe that there were that many Abbies outside the fence just randomly waiting for an opportunity.  Because they are so ravenous they would easily burn through any local wild food supplies and have to forage further and further away from WP.

Oh, sounds like Rebecca hooked up with someone else over the past 3 years while Theo was sleeping in the mountain.  Who could it be now ?

And it's show and tell day at WPA -- and hypnoteacher brought a dead Abbey.  Aside from all that there really a lot of pregnant teens/new moms at WPA -- so what's all that about ?  And who is the father -- is Jason trying to personally repopulate the planet ?  Will the 2nd Genners eventually rise up against the 1st Genners ?

How does one qualify for a vitamin ?  Theo discovers that Nancy the neighbor's son is suffering from malnutrition.  Are the 1st Genners withholding all the food in the mountain ?  Remember when Ethan was in the mountain and there were those big chutes labeled 'sugar' and 'coffee' ?  What happened to all the bison burgers ?  I know they were getting low on supplies, but there were so many people killed in the S1 finale that should have easily stretched their remaining supplies for years.

Jason decides now is the time to stop by the hospital for a little tete-a-tete with Theo -- and it does not go well at all.  Theo repeatedly insults Jason and Jason looks like his head is about to pop. So he stops by Kerry's bedside for a pep talk.  Kerry does seem to have a better grasp on things than hot-headed Jason.

As Theo takes a stroll past McConigles Ice Cream and Fudge Emporium -- which is just what every small town that is suffering from a food shortage needs.  Theo finds out that Rebecca runs the beauty salon from a couple of teenagers -- did Leo know that Rebecca worked there before he crossed the street or was it just a complete accident ? Theo goes home and we find out that Rebecca used to be an architect.  And that the name of the ice cream parlor is the same as Rebecca's old professor at Harvard.  I wonder if this McGonigle dude was the person she 'lost' when she was talking with Theresa.  I think Theo needs to pump the brakes on the whole petty jealous this early on, because he obviously thinks she was banging McConigle while he was frozen.

CJ has these great plans for harvesting the crops .... at night .... and they will be using flamethrowers to deter the Abbies.  Doesn't he know that that will just turn them into flaming Abbies ?  Why the hell are they harvesting at night ?  They should take the helicopter up and draw off all the Abbies and then harvest. during daylight hours.  Do they even remember that they have a helicopter or did Jason kill their own and only pilot out of spite ?  Did the writers forget that they have a helicoputer ?  Or was the budget cut so much in S2 that they can't afford to rent a helicopter ?

And the Abbies quickly determine that fire bad, and cheese it out of there.

Ben is still alive.  How ?  The Abbies are supposed to the be the best trackers ever created by Mother Nature, and yet he has been wandering around outside the fence for a day with several Abbies nearby.  They manage to harvest the fields pretty damn quickly with a small crew.  And Ben tries to follow the trucks back through the fence but fails in the attempt.  So he leaves a video blog to the security camera because he thinks he is going to die.  Ben needs to die simply because his hair is out of control.  And his character is badly acted.

The harvesters bring back corn on the cob and apples and cabbages -- I didn't seen any apple trees outside the fence so I'm not sure where those came from.

I thought the first rule of 1st Genner club was you don't talk about 1st Genner club </sarcasm>.  But Theresa is trying to guilt other 1st Genners into going against Jason's orders which doesn't work at all.

Kerry checks herself out of the hospital after a checkup and brief chat with Dr. Theo and goes home to a meal with Jason.  Jason tries to split hairs with Kerry about the harm that came to Ben outside the fence, but you can tell she's not buying it.  Jason is convincing despite the fact that Kerry is not a natural 1st Genner like Jason but it's ok because Jason has a hard-on for Kerry and stars kissing her.  Dude, she just got back from major surgery, give it a rest.

Meanwhile, Ben has turned into one of the children of the corn.  That is some pretty scrawny corn.  Ben hears a noise and thinks it's the redshirt.  But, nope, four Abbies gang tackle Braveheart Ben.  Smell ya later Ben, you will not be missed.

Theresa repeatedly yells "Where is Ben ?" at the guards outside her house.  And they just ignore her (as everyone should).  And of course the answer to "Where is Ben ?" is -- in multiple Abbie stomachs.

Theo and Rebecca reminisce over some fresh veggies and wine.  So they are running low on food, but have plenty of booze.  Something's skewed there.

You know what else is off ?  Jason can't find any Abbies on the security cameras, but there is one lone Abbie eying the fence from a distance.  So you just know they will be back.  I bet that Ben survived the Abbie attack, will become the leader of the Abbies and exact his revenge on Jason.  Dun, dun, dun, dun !!!!!

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So here's the question -- would the Abbies have bumrushed the fence if the van didn't exit through the fence ?  Or were the Abbies always planning to pull the ramp trick -- because that shows highly coordinated tactical planning.

It would be cool if they were highly coordinated tactical planners, but they're probably just fans of World War Z.

• Love 4

Why aren't they planting the hell out of those lawns with vegetables? They could plant raspberries and blackberries to use as fences between houses.

Who, exactly, on Pilcher's staff said "you know what they'll need in 4048? Nazi Youth Uniforms. Let's include those"? Why did others agree?

Please let someone assassinate Jason.

• Love 7

Of all the things that they preserved from 2000 years ago was an ice cream truck...

And they go and sacrifice that cool panel truck instead. 

Apples, carrots, corn, cabbage?  Did they raid a Von's or what?  That stuff takes time to harvest.  Maybe the next raid should be a Best Buy for more comm. equipment. 

• Love 2

Maybe they need to thaw out a farmer.  Djimon's "greenhouse" looked like the all the plants had been dead for the last 2000 years.  

Wouldn't Ben's mom just assume by now that Ben had been eaten by the abbies?

I still want to know how they get gasoline, electricity, all their clothes, etc.  

I don't think Jason Patric can save this POS show. Someone needs to thaw out Michael Scofield (from Prison Break). That dude ALWAYS has a plan. 

• Love 6

So, if Ben is truly dead (only way I see him getting out of that would be if the Abbies start worshipping him or something), they really just going to wipe out the entire first season cast this season.  Granted, I wasn't wild about those characters either, but I at least already knew them.  Having them being replaced by just as dull characters at the moment, certainly isn't helping.

Of course, it looks like this Jason guy is an ill-tempered idiot and it will probably end up being Kacey Rohl's character who ends up being the main problem for everyone else.  Can't trust Abigail Hobbs!

Hi again, Theresa!  Wonder which Shannyn Sossamon character on FOX will end up getting the worst deal, between Theresa and Pandora on Sleepy Hollow.

Djimon Hounsou finally shows up, but he really didn't have much to do.  Still feel kind of bad that he never really took off.  Instead, he's taking small roles in bigger films (Furious 7, Guardians of the Galaxy), and... well, this, I guess.

Theo and his wife bore me still.

Only two episodes in and I'm already bored.  The first season had issues, but I at least found the earlier stuff intriguing.  But right now, nothing is grabbing me or making me want to see what happens next.  If anything, it feels like it's just basically repeating a lot of the same things again. 

• Love 2

I like the way that surveillance camera did a nice slow zoom into Ben's face while he was delivering his soliloquy. I thought they said Ben and his band of rebels destroyed the surveillance equipment in last week's episode. Oh well.

Who went outside the wall and planted all those crops? Are the Abbies strictly carnivores and won't touch fruits and vegetables? Doesn't it seem kind of dangerous to have guys with flamethrowers and flaming Abbies running around in the fields?

I guess it's a good thing that Pilcher stockpiled all those military vehicles, weapons, ammunition, uniforms, etc. for the Hitler Youth kids to use. What happened to all the soldier types from Season 1 who were guarding the mountain HQ, flying around in the helicopter, etc.?

I think the poster art for Season 2 may give a clue to Ben's fate.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/20/wayward-pines-debuts-creepy-new-poster-for-season-two/

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SoothingDave said:

I was waiting for a flaming Abby to run into the cornfield, setting it all aflame.  

Then everyone could starve to death and I wouldn't have to watch this any more.  

Now, *that's* a show I would watch!

• Love 4
(edited)

Thank the almighty Pilcher that Ben got eaten by a mob of Abbies. Never has a board been as united in opinion as we all were last season in our hatred of Ben. It was if they set up the entire series arc for Ben to now be the show lead and then realized that EVERYONE in the viewing audience hated Ben, so ha-ha, we'll kill off Ben and bring in a doctor instead of a sheriff who will do all of the same stuff...without a sulky kid. 

But, just our luck, instead of mobbing Ben to eat him, maybe they were rallying around him and we're going to hoist him up on their shoulders in celebration of their one true leader that they've been waiting 2,000 years for. Maybe this kid looks so weird is because he's the missing link between humans and Abbies. Then WP will want him back so the teacher/principal--now head Abbie scientific researcher--can study him. Why else suddenly make her a head scientific researcher?

Why is this kid considered first generation, anyway? He is not. First generation are those BORN there who have no experience with the former world. Ben just happened to be kidnapped as a teen and then defrosted as the real first generation kids were coming of age. For all of his whining about the #1 rule about protecting first generation, why did none of the G1's say, "you don't count, punk," as they slam the door in his face?

And why the hell did they go harvest at night--when the Abbies are at their peak maraudering mode?! They always come attacking at night! Real smart! Not only that, but they had no light source other than the Abbie flamethrower, so how the heck did they see what they were harvesting?! It probably took 10 times as long fumbling around in the dark than if they just swooped in at daylight and grabbed the fruit/vegetables by sight.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

As this series stands now, we already seem to know all there is to know.  Kind of like watching a magician perform a trick.  Once you see how it is done, it is no longer interesting.  There needs to be more there, there. 

That's what I was thinking. I really liked the early episodes last season because I was trying to figure out what was going on and wondering if you believe whoever was "explaining" things about the town. But now we know exactly what's going on and who is telling the truth. It's just boring.

How much time has passed between the end of last season and now? I know at the end last year Ben woke up after three more years frozen, but is what we are seeing soon after that or was there another jump?

• Love 1

Ok this show is cracking my all time top 5 bad shows (Most of these are recent, I guess I have just seen a lot of bad TV over the last couple of years). Dig, Colony, Fear the Walking Dead, The Bastard Executioner, & Utopia (which will forever be my #1 due to the animal abuse).

What I do not get is when people come together to make a show like this, why do they not really think through the technicalities of being 2,000 years in the future? The show would be so much more successful if they just said it was 50 years in the future. I could probably hand wave that some things are still left on earth 50 years into the future. 2,000? No way.  This singular premise kills this show because they cannot reasonably explain how they have any of this stuff 2000 years from now when society is completely defunct. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

What happened to Ben's gf from last season? One of those pregnant girls looked like her. Does Theresa know she's going to be a grandma?

Ben's girlfriend, Amy, went from teenage highschool girlfriend to nurse at the WP hospital after Ben woke up at the end of S1 -- and she hasn't been seen since at the hospital in S2.  But she would have graduated high school by now, so definitely not one of the pregnant teens/teen moms.

What I'm still curious about is how they ever managed to put the genie back in the bottle -- by killing all the Abbies inside the fence and restore the fence to its former glory.

• Love 5

Assuming they were able to somehow cryogenically store gasoline for 2000 years, it must be a precious commodity. Which means driving around an ice cream truck to tell everyone good morning is just tremendously stupid. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Assuming they were able to somehow cryogenically store gasoline for 2000 years, it must be a precious commodity. Which means driving around an ice cream truck to tell everyone good morning is just tremendously stupid. 

And did they really plan ahead for a dictatorship with the military vehicles, neo-nazi uniforms and thousands of rounds of ammunition ?  I understood the dump truck from last season because they would have needed that for the construction phase but the ice cream truck makes no sense whatsoever.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And did they really plan ahead for a dictatorship with the military vehicles, neo-nazi uniforms and thousands of rounds of ammunition ?  I understood the dump truck from last season because they would have needed that for the construction phase but the ice cream truck makes no sense whatsoever.

Exactly.

Also, I don't think Ben is dead.

• Love 1

Damn and I thought "Under the Dome" was crap. I am ebarrasssed to say I came back for season two. 

If Ben is still alive he needs to get a trim that hair is scarier than than the Abbies.

Pretty sure I won't be in much longed a stupid show is bad enough but stupid and boring, nah!

• Love 4

What bothers me most about this show is the same thing that drove me crazy last season:  that almost none of the way Wayward Pines is run makes any sense from a survival standpoints.  People are nearly starving, but there are no signs of any food being grown or animals being raised by the citizens. Even if the soil inside the fence was no longer fertile for whatever bullshit reason they gave, they should have container gardens and hydroponics everywhere. Or maybe dig up those lawns where the grass is growing so lushly and plant some potatoes.  And continuing to have people doing non survival related jobs like running a beauty shop is a complete waste of labour and resources. And given Pilchers the children are our future motto, why would that malnourished kid not be a higher priority for food than the less useful adults. 

The stupid, it burns. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Iguana said:

And continuing to have people doing non survival related jobs like running a beauty shop is a complete waste of labour and resources. And given Pilchers the children are our future motto, why would that malnourished kid not be a higher priority for food than the less useful adults. 

The stupid, it burns. 

And what's with that kid looking like Oliver freakin' Twist? Even his mom looked like a waif all dressed in drab brown and a kerchief and I swear they were smudged with dirt. Are they the WP chimney sweeps? 

• Love 4

My main question was why in the hell they were harvesting at night. Even if the Abbies are less active at night (which sort of makes sense, given that they are former humans), it would be so much harder to see what they're harvesting in the dark than in the daylight, whereas it's no more difficult to fend off the Abbies in the daylight than it would be a night, and probably easier too.

I also wondered why the Abbies themselves didn't eat all the harvest. If they are strict carnivores and won't touch produce, they should be extinct by now - even if they are cannibals. 

And that random car driving by in the middle of town - where the hell were these people going that they could just randomly drive around instead of walking or riding a bike? It's not that big a town and whatever gasoline they have you have to figure is way too precious a commodity to waste on leisurely drives down Main Street.

As for Jason Patric - it's hard to believe that someone who was so cute as a teenager grew up to be . . . so ordinary looking. 

• Love 3

Did I miss it (I admit to zoning out) or have they offered no remotely vague explanation why they had to wait so long to wake up this doctor after the previous one went kablooey? I forget: are the people on timers that can't be altered? I didn't think so. So is it just Hitler Youth scare tactics that they maintain power by torturing people and having no waking doctor for however long until they absolutely need one for their own purposes? Is that the deal? Because it makes no sense they didn't just wake him up ASAP.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Did I miss it (I admit to zoning out) or have they offered no remotely vague explanation why they had to wait so long to wake up this doctor after the previous one went kablooey? I forget: are the people on timers that can't be altered? I didn't think so. So is it just Hitler Youth scare tactics that they maintain power by torturing people and having no waking doctor for however long until they absolutely need one for their own purposes? Is that the deal? Because it makes no sense they didn't just wake him up ASAP.

Nope, there's no other reason given at all.  

No explanation of why there are all these doctors-in-training but no trained doctor supervising them BEFORE Theo was thawed out.    And knowing this show, there never will be an explanation.

• Love 3
(edited)

Finally got around to watching this episode last night. Am I the only one during the cornfield scene with Ben that was expecting to hear a voice that said "If you build it..."?

Edited by suprfrog
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is 100%, hands down, the stupidest show on TV. (and yet,I watch) What was the show a few years back on syfy ,or maybe fox, where they lost all electricity and had to figure out how to survive? It made sense at least. People rode horses (try freezing a horse...ha)  There yards were planted with vegetables, they had wells and made candles. THAT show made sense. This is just stupid. I saw a interview with the writers (?) maybe producers..I don't know...about how they had to scramble to make season two. Well no you didn't. It was supposed to be one season. ONE....Greedy to make another season when there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Edited by eurekagirl mOo
Remembered name of show----revolution
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

This is 100%, hands down, the stupidest show on TV. (and yet,I watch) What was the show a few years back on syfy ,or maybe fox, where they lost all electricity and had to figure out how to survive? It made sense at least. People rode horses (try freezing a horse...ha)  There yards were planted with vegetables, they had wells and made candles. THAT show made sense. This is just stupid.

Revolution. That was a really great concept for a show, but they moved away from the surviving part and focused on sci-fi conspiracies instead.

I saw a interview with the writers (?) maybe producers..I don't know...about how they had to scramble to make season two. Well no you didn't. It was supposed to be one season. ONE....Greedy to make another season when there's no rhyme or reason to it.

It wasn't the writers' choice to make a season 2. The network decided and if the producers/writers quit, the network would get someone else to do it.

I think it's dumb for the network to have renewed it though. Maybe if they considered multiple seasons from the begining and hadn't moved so fast through the book storylines, a season 2 would have worked better. But they didn't.

• Love 2

Here's the one thing I didn't get about this episode -- it is shown at the end of the previous episode that the Abbies are attacking the fence and building a ramp of bodies, and the camera cuts to a scene of all the phones ringing in WP, and the lights in people's houses coming on.  Which kind of makes it look like it's the middle of the night.

But at the start of this episode, all the kids are in school in their uniforms watching Pilcher's greatest hits, Rebecca and all the other folks picked up in the rebel sweep are still at WPA (for some reason) and are also watching the same Pilcher video --- BEFORE --- Jason has even realized that the Abbies are starting to build the ramp o' bodies.  Yet at no point is there any mention to call all the residents in WPA on the phones and wake everyone up.

Jason just dispatches a couple of squads of troops to the fence, but it certainly isn't a all hands on deck situation like S1 when everyone was called out to find Ethan.  

WTF show writers ?

• Love 1
On 6/2/2016 at 0:21 PM, Accidental Martyr said:

I still want to know why they were leaving bodies in that empty house last season.

To be creepy and weird and mysterious and intriguing, with no plan for how to explain it later.  Kind of like LOST.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:08 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

This is 100%, hands down, the stupidest show on TV. (and yet,I watch) What was the show a few years back on syfy ,or maybe fox, where they lost all electricity and had to figure out how to survive? It made sense at least. People rode horses (try freezing a horse...ha)  There yards were planted with vegetables, they had wells and made candles. THAT show made sense. This is just stupid. I saw a interview with the writers (?) maybe producers..I don't know...about how they had to scramble to make season two. Well no you didn't. It was supposed to be one season. ONE....Greedy to make another season when there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah, although with the much worse ratings it's getting this year, let's hope it serves as an example not to make this kind of greedhead move in the future.