Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Moving Targets

• Start Topic

Also, OMG, Cress Williams -- aka Mayor Lavon Hayes and Michel B Jordan's dad -- was on 90210? How is this possible?? He's charming, talented and incredibly hot so, clearly, we must never have seen him again.

• Love 1

Racist Music Supervisor really outdid himself with what I'm just going to call DeShawn's Theme.

Then there's Dylan...sigh. He's such a pitiful manbaby. But when he was talking about "looking down that little hole" I just wanted to hear Sterling Acher say "Phrasing!"

Listening to Sarah stroke out over the sports talk cracked me up. I kept expecting to to hear her finally devolve into a strangled squeak followed by the sound of her body hitting the floor.

• Love 1

Think how much better the show would have been if they'd gotten rid of Brandon and replaced him with D'Shawn.

BTW, I spent years reading "ER" recaps and wondering why you called him D'Shawn instead of his character's name. I didn't get it until I finally watched this show.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cress Williams played Bailey's first husband on Grey's Anatomy too! He was SO good on Friday Night Lights.  I think the show really missed a big opportunity to put him and Donna together in Season 5, if nothing else than to make Felice lose her mind.

Edited by Earmuffs Mom
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

That gif of Dylan shooting for the first time, combined with the caption of him shooting like Annie Oakley, is giving me a giggle fit.  

Really what was with his back arm in that scene? Is that how people really shoot? I'm not a fan of the guns so much (suck it, Priestley) but I have watched tv a lot and I don't think that's how Benson & Stabler shoot. Hell even the OG Charlie's Angels were better than that. 

Oh wow - Professor Randall was Christian Slater's dad in Pump Up The Volume. 

Is it just me or are there way too many plotlines in each episode at the moment? They've run out of reasons to put the cast into storylines together so it's just a mess - makes for good long podcasts though. 

I mean the show needed more sport. I would prefer Brandon the athlete than Brandon the whatever random thing he did. At least gives a pass for the gum chewing to a certain degree.

Dylan likes guns and Brenda likes good woo. So nothing interest but sports. 

13 hours ago, CicelyAlaska said:

Are you all open to sharing the drops as mp3s? I want the "DAVID!!!" to be the text alert on my phone. 

Email david@previously.tv. Maybe a lot of parents would use it!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, JennB said:

Think how much better the show would have been if they'd gotten rid of Brandon and replaced him with D'Shawn.

BTW, I spent years reading "ER" recaps and wondering why you called him D'Shawn instead of his character's name. I didn't get it until I finally watched this show.

Nah I would keep Bran just to annoy people. But you had to keep D'Shawn and Celeste but sadly that never happened. The next episode was the first one I ever watched. I thought Celeste was part of the main cast...boy was I wrong.

It just occurred to me listening to this episode that one of the reasons Brandon wears that Twins jersey is probably because he and Brenda are Minnesota Twins. I feel like he would find that stupid joke funny. It's clearly not because Brandon knows anything about baseball. 

But Brandon coached baseball in season 1, right? That's how we got stick insect!Dylan the first time. But I doubt the writers even remembered that. It probably isn't even the same set of writers at this point, and it looks like the new ones never did any research. See also: Andrea's missing sister.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, marny said:

It just occurred to me listening to this episode that one of the reasons Brandon wears that Twins jersey is probably because he and Brenda are Minnesota Twins. I feel like he would find that stupid joke funny. It's clearly not because Brandon knows anything about baseball. 

Nah I think he's a massive fan of the Twins in the 1st season, his jersey which Emily wore and some stupid essay in Season 7 about their WS victory in '87. Steve said when he was gambling why he was rooting against the T-Wolves when he supports them and he and Jim support the Vikings from Season 5. So they've been consistent about the love for all Minnesota teams except for the Wild which didn't exist until 1997.

On May 13, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Chicken Diablo said:

Isn't Brenda Dylan's friend, too? Can she not be concerned about Dylan's pain because she is busy dating? The depictions of how friendship works on this show can be really weird.

I just finished watching this season and I noticed that Shannen Dougherty is really off in her own plots the majority of the time. I guess this was the solution to her cast mates hating her?

On May 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM, STOPSHOUTING said:

Also, OMG, Cress Williams -- aka Mayor Lavon Hayes and Michel B Jordan's dad -- was on 90210? How is this possible?? He's charming, talented and incredibly hot so, clearly, we must never have seen him again.

YESSS! He was great on Hart of Dixie. 

(edited)

I just finished watching this season and I noticed that Shannen Dougherty is really off in her own plots the majority of the time. I guess this was the solution to her cast mates hating her?

Possibly. Though she does interact more with the rest of the cast than Andrea does. And for what it's worth, the cast in general does seem to fracture a bit more and more solo plots this year, especially the ones who aren't involved romantically with somebody else in the main cast, which is probably why Brenda, Andrea, Brandon, and Steve do more stuff on their own this year.

Edited by AndySmith
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, SoupThrower said:

Nah I think he's a massive fan of the Twins in the 1st season, his jersey which Emily wore and some stupid essay in Season 7 about their WS victory in '87. Steve said when he was gambling why he was rooting against the T-Wolves when he supports them and he and Jim support the Vikings from Season 5. So they've been consistent about the love for all Minnesota teams except for the Wild which didn't exist until 1997.

And in the high school time capsule episode (season two, maybe?) Brandon submits a Twins jersey after their 1991 World Series victory against, sniff sniff, my Braves.

This is re: baseball, not 90210, but Sarah shouting about the Mendoza line made me so happy, and then she brought up the infield fly rule and my day was made. One of my favorite memories from being a Braves fan in Atlanta (sorry, Sarah, but my inexplicable teenage crush on John Smoltz will never die) was Skip Caray's grumpy-old-man radio show. Any time it was invoked during a game, someone would call in to the next show asking him to explain the infield fly rule. He would get extremely irritated, heave a gigantic sigh, and then spell it out for them as though they were the stupidest person in Georgia (and that's saying something). I was never sure whether the callers were trolling him or not, but I sincerely hope they were.

• Love 3

So has anyone seen the Shannon Doherty/Judd Nelson movie?  I'd never heard of it and it looks like exactly the sort of crap I'd watch.  The stills look hilarious.

I liked Brenda's black dress she wore on the first date.  Could have done without the choker though.

59 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

So has anyone seen the Shannon Doherty/Judd Nelson movie?  I'd never heard of it and it looks like exactly the sort of crap I'd watch.  The stills look hilarious.

I liked Brenda's black dress she wore on the first date.  Could have done without the choker though.

I haven't seen it, but ShanDo Lifetime movies are a wonderful guilty pleasure.  My favorite is this one where she has this weird Single White Female stalker, and she's in a band, and she dates one of the London twins (maybe the one from Party of Five).  I may have to do a search at home for it.

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

I haven't seen it, but ShanDo Lifetime movies are a wonderful guilty pleasure.  My favorite is this one where she has this weird Single White Female stalker, and she's in a band, and she dates one of the London twins (maybe the one from Party of Five).  I may have to do a search at home for it.

Oh, I know exactly which one you're talking about - it's Friends 'Til the End, with Bailey's girlfriend from Party of Five and the London brother who was in Dazed and Confused.  Though, my personal favorite made for tv movie of hers is "Obsessed" which was basically a really terrible knock-off of Fatal Attraction; though, Sleeping with the Devil with Tim Mattheson is pretty great too.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

I know exactly what movie you're talking about!  The band kept playing/singing songs by the Cranberries.  The crazy girl was blond with glasses. 

55 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Oh, I know exactly which one you're talking about - it's Friends 'Til the End, with Bailey's girlfriend from Party of Five and the London brother who was in Dazed and Confused.  Though, my personal favorite made for tv movie of hers is "Obsessed" which was basically a really terrible knock-off of Fatal Attraction; though, Sleeping with the Devil with Tim Mattheson is pretty great too.

Remember those as well!  Which is why I'm shocked I haven't seen the Judd Nelson one.  Off to find it....

Edited by luckyroll3
  On 5/14/2016 at 10:48 AM, SoupThrower said:

And in the high school time capsule episode (season two, maybe?) Brandon submits a Twins jersey after their 1991 World Series victory against, sniff sniff, my Braves.

I feel like the Twins winning the World Series in 1991 may be the actual reason it was decided the Walshes would be from Minnesota, instead of Wisconsin or Iowa or Illinois or some other midwestern state. Minnesota was having something of a moment in the early 90s, what with the Twins winning the World Series, Mall of America opening, and.......Prince, I guess? That show "Coach", airing around the same time, was set in Minnesota too.