Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E02: The Curse of the Black Skull

• Start Topic

I love that the recaps have been up so quickly!

I actually looked up spoilers to see if Leroy was going home so that I could prepare myself for the disappointment.  He better be around until the end next time.  The Challenge needs more Leroy.

Wes needs to be reminded that people have generally come around to liking him and that he shouldn't ruin it by saying gross stuff.

I really wish Johnny would just shut up.  He only one his first challenge because of luck.  Jessica hasn't done that bad.  Yes, she lost in three eliminations, but she isn't that bad when you really look at the eliminations she was in.  I would think he was playing the villain, but I also suspect that Jessica has been so unpopular in the past that he figures no one would care what he has to say about her.  His constant moaning about it is more annoying to me than anything Jessica has done this season or her voice.

Tony is the worst, but I am happy for Jessica if she got out of an unhealthy relationship.  (I realize that this show makes it impossible to actually pick a worst, but I enjoy saying it.)  I am enjoying Jessica's little digs at him, even if they're accidental.

I can't believe I was rooting for Devin to win an elimination.  I love Cheyenne too much for her to go home, even though she's way too good for Cory.  I was cringing when Devin was talking about coming back again.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've never liked Jessica & bummed to see her back again, but she's preferable to Johnny Riley. What an asshole.  I thought right after the elimination maybe he was going to let up on her. But no. It makes total sense that's he's a big (and the only??) Bananas supporter.

Poor Leroy. He will be missed. Can't wait to see who they got to take his place. I'd love to see Abe again, but don't think that's going to happen. I hope it's a vet and not another newbie from a show I don't watch.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 1

An AYTO couple goes out first? No big loss. My only real problem was that the ousted pair were afterthoughts for Wince & Jenna because TJ didn't explain the full deal to them. But, once again, AYTO. Who gives a shit?

The skulls are a nice twist. Might have been more logical if the group voted two of their own into the Jungle along with that of the "Power Couple." Thinking about it, the best way to advance is to win missions. And not get hurt. Maybe Leroy needs an actual job, because he doesn't have much luck with this show.

• Love 3

I like the twist, interested to see how it works with any alliances that may be forming. With the exception of the couple that Jenna & Vince did not choose I haven't noticed any talk about alliances yet.

Yeah, it might be time for Leroy to find some other imployment. Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd challenge he's had to leave?

• Love 1

Tony is so disgusting..I thought it was gross how he just got completely naked and then thought he shit himself? I'd like for him to go.

I watched RW Portland but I can't remember why Johnny and Jessica hate each other so much. 

I hope all the Are you the one people leave soon.

Oh and I don't like Thomas at all. I never have. He seems like he thinks he's better then everyone and just his voice ugh. Seems like a spoiled asshole.

• Love 3

At this point, I don't know if I'd even blame Jessica if she kills Johnny in his sleep. What a complete douchetool.  It makes complete sense that he and John are good friends.  

Bummed to see Leroy go.  Being friends with John aside, I like him.  He seems pretty cursed when it comes to challenges, though. 

Was I the only one who thought that the black skull looked noticeably smaller than the white skulls?  If the first person felt around in that bag at all, they potentially could have noticed that and told their partner to pick the bigger skull on their turn (which would mean that you're screwed if you pick second.)  

Sarah continues to entertain me with her complete glee at every single thing they do.  Her giddy "I love this kind of stuff!" when TJ explained how the elimination would work made me laugh.  

Since they had to include the shot of the whole cast gasping at whoever Leroy's replacement is, I'm entirely convinced that it's someone underwhelming.  

• Love 4

Loved the recap

Stupid that they didnt include a challenge. I dont really care about Tony and Jessica's relationship so why spend so much time on it

Reilly is a colossal dbag, I feel like Jess is fairly annoying but over all a good person unless Im forgetting something. I also had to lol when she shut down tony and good thing too hes gross and seriously if you are so drunk you cant remember if you shit yourself or not me thinks you have a drinking problem. Father of the year right here!

I love the twist with the skulls because people will wind up getting ticket off at being voted in then coming back. Nice touch but they should have saved the surprise for a few more episodes when the power couple did'nt have an inoffensive move to make and would HAVE to piss someone off on the spot. 

Send all these AYTO jokers home pronto! I like the bloodlines better (ugh I know) 

I am NOT complaining about the lack of Bananas in the episdoe but I enjoy hearing Sarah and Wes talk, and Jenna too

It was nice to not see much of the banana this episode. 

I hope Jessica just keeps it to flirting with Tony.  He screws everyone. It's gross. But he is so nice to look at!  Yeah, his shitting himself conversation cracked me up.  It's nasty that he had no idea if he did or not, but man, get it together!  Why also, is he saying he got it in, or whatever his words were, if Jessica is saying no, they didn't have sex. Kinda weird. 

I never saw Johnny Reilly's Real World season. I only know him from the Challenge and I didn't mind him until now. He's such a jerk to Jessica and just complains all the time about her. Stop whining already! 

The same goes for the other Johnny, the king of dirty moves on the Challenge. I didn't get to comment on last week's episode, but he has the gall to be mad at Sarah to this day about betraying him, but he's done the same to other people in the past and I have no doubt that if given the opportunity, he would've done it to Sarah too.

Too bad about Leroy. I have no idea who could come in his place or Averey's.

Tony is gross. I'm glad Jessica didn't fall for his obvious invitation to hook up.

• Love 2

I don't believe for one moment that Johnny hates Sarah as much as he says he does. He got a great partner out if constantly complaining about Sarah and he knows it.

Someone asked why do Reilly and Jessica hate each other so much I think that has been covered. Theyve showed clips of their arguments in the house, Reilly thinks Jessica is annoying/fake/trying to get attention, Jessica clearly has a reason to hate Reilly because he's an asshole. 

I don't mind the are you the one people. I don't understand the hate. I watch that show but I wouldn't care anyway. With fresh meat who never did anything before the challenges and bloodlines who were generally worthless, these people don't bother me.

Leroy has a job. He's a bartender for Britney Spears performances. The actual problem is that he used to have a real 9 to 5 normal person job and now he has a job that's easy to ditch for challenges. Which makes me sad. That's what hanging around Johnny too much gets you.

• Love 1

Ugh Johnny Reilly, what a jerk. I know Jessica isn't the best female competitor but at least she is trying to have a partnership and work together. 

Tony is gross. 

Sad to see Leroy go, but curious as to the replacement. 

Jenna and Vince's dinner was pretty funny at how awkward it was

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mlsmit7 said:

Why couldn't they find a new partner for Avery?  I can't figure out why they sometimes find someone a new partner and sometimes they make them go home.

I think they find a new partner if the original partner goes home before the first challenge (due to illness, drunken injury, whatever).  But if the first competition has occurred, both players go home.  That's how Sarah had to leave two challenges (Vinnie's inappropriate behavior and then Trishelle quitting).

The AYTO teams had an alliance and would have been in good shape after Leroy left.  You know he's part of Bananas alliance.

The other team probably would have have been more competitive.  Cheyenne doesn't look that athletic and her being short probably hurt even more on this particular elimination contest.

With three teams, I was thinking maybe it was some kind of contest where the top two teams survived and the last one went home.

That would be more interesting than drawing skulls.

• Love 1

My attention was wandering so do the two voted in teams draw skulls and the last place team from the challenge is in the pit regardless?  They don't draw skulls right?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

My attention was wandering so do the two voted in teams draw skulls and the last place team from the challenge is in the pit regardless?  They don't draw skulls right?

correct. 

13 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I think they find a new partner if the original partner goes home before the first challenge (due to illness, drunken injury, whatever).  But if the first competition has occurred, both players go home.  That's how Sarah had to leave two challenges (Vinnie's inappropriate behavior and then Trishelle quitting).

I wish they made the decision for dramatic purposes.  For example, sending Sarah home in those instances was great TV.  Her caring that much and breaking down for having to leave was great TV.  On the other hand, this latest one is beyond disappointing for me.  Avery is one of the few really attractive females on the show.  Yes, I'm that shallow.

• Love 2

I think it is ridiculous they pick and choose when they replace someone.

I like Leroy but he got a replacement partner in Theresa when Nia "sexually assaulted" Jordan and that was in a FINALS (which should have happened).

Poor Leroy has such shitty luck. He also got a replacement partner when Adam (LV Adam) punched a guy (the first night I believe).

Anyone here think if Johns partner was sent home he would be sent home as well? Yeah, didn't think so...

You know, I think Vince might be WORSE than John. Vince has such an arrogance about him. And him talking about "earning your stripes" to the AYTO kid?! Umm, you have SUCKED up until ONE challenge and you only got an invite back because of who you are related to.

• Love 3

Cheyenne was cute, but "looks exactly like Rhianna"???  In what universe? 

Vince is an idiot.  Only someone with absolutely nothing else going on in life would take so much glee in sitting at the "King's" table.  This from a guy who has come in last place or dq'd from almost every mission!  Loser.

• Love 2

Problem is, you have to be cocky, say outlandish things, act like a buffoon.

That probably gets you more air time and probably invitations to future challenges.

• Love 1

Enjoyed the episode. I really like Briana from the AYTO, so I was happy she didn't have to go into the elimonation. Is there something about the name "johnny" that's makes a guy an asshole? Seriously.

(edited)

Most of these kids are such turds.  There's not more than a few I'm even remotely interested in.  I guess I'll be rooting for Jenna again. 

I miss Abe.

ETA; The opening scene where Creepy Vince was waltzing through the door made me LOL because of his resemblance  to Patrick Starfish.  Highlight of the episode for me.

Edited by AngryCarrot86
  • Love 3
(edited)

I loved Jenna's interview where she said she wasn't sure she wanted to keep winning if her "reward" was getting stuck eating alone with Vince.

Hey Johnny Reilly- when Johnny Bananas points out that you're treating your partner badly, it's time to re-evaulate your behavior. I used to like him and now he just comes off as such a whiny little bitch. 

For once, I was disappointed to see an AYTO couple go. I kind of liked Devin and Cheyenne. I loved the scene where Cheyenne is like, I'm just going to tell him what to do, in very small words, and Devin just nods along, like, good plan.

Interesting twist picking two teams for elimination through, ensuring that at least one team comes back with an axe to grind.

I know they have alternate castmates lined up, because I think there have been some last minute replacements before, so I really don't see why they can't let the partners of those ousted for injuries/bad conduct stay and get them a new partner.

ETA- I guess you could argue that the problem with replacing an injured player with whatever alternate they have on hand means Averey wouldn't really be partnered with a "rival", but given what a stretch some of these "rivals" are (the same goes for Battle of the Exes), I still think that's unfair.

Edited by Tatum
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, Tatum said:

ETA- I guess you could argue that the problem with replacing an injured player with whatever alternate they have on hand means Averey wouldn't really be partnered with a "rival", but given what a stretch some of these "rivals" are (the same goes for Battle of the Exes), I still think that's unfair.

That happened to Leroy.  It might have been Rivals 2 I think (all these challenges run together in my head), when Leroy's partner got sent home and the replacement partner turned out to be one of Leroy's best friends, which kind of defeats the purpose of the game's intentions.  But I guess when you consider that most of these people's beefs aren't really significant, then it doesn't really matter much.   

22 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

That happened to Leroy.  It might have been Rivals 2 I think (all these challenges run together in my head), when Leroy's partner got sent home and the replacement partner turned out to be one of Leroy's best friends, which kind of defeats the purpose of the game's intentions.  But I guess when you consider that most of these people's beefs aren't really significant, then it doesn't really matter much.   

At the time of Rivals 1 Leroy had just become a fan favorite on the most watched Real World season in a long time.  They weren't willing for him to go home so early so a little discrepancy like pairing him with Mike Mike didn't mean as much.   Neither Averey nor the season she was on are popular enough to bother to bend the rules in her favor.

• Love 1