Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/09/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday: Maury Povich (“Maury Show”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices, hosted by contributor Stacy London; Joy Behar’s Best Friend Guest Co-host: Susie Essman.

Tuesday: Toni Braxton (“Braxton Family Values”); Paula Faris’ Best Friend Guest Co-host: her college friend Meredith.

Wednesday:  Day of Hot Topics; Raven-Symone’s Best Friend Guest Co-host: Carlysia Levert.

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics; Whoopi Goldberg’s Best Friend Guest Co-host: Pepe The Prawn and her daughter Alex. (Ughhhhhhh)

Friday: Amanda Peet.

Edited by Jaded
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So no stars want to appear on this show so they have to ask their best friends?  Whoopie needs to stop trying to make her daughter happen.

Amen to that! Alex will never happen....It is annoying...

• Love 5

I'm not sure what Whoopi was saying during all that bleeping but whatever it was it sure made Paula wide eyed. Paula was just awful today and Raven's idiotic talking points weren't much better.

• Love 7

I think Whoopi was saying those women ****ed her (Hillary's) husband, what did they expect? Paula deserved to be screamed at. One of the stupidest things she's tried to argue--and there have been a many stupid things she's said.

• Love 7

What is wrong with Paula? Her argument that Hillary can't be a champion of women because to called the woman who cheated with her husband bad names was ridiculous. She bends over backwards to find nonsensical counterarguments to any Trump criticism and she just looks and sounds stupid. I prefer days when she isn't there. She and Raven can both get lost. 

• Love 15

Wow that Clinton/Trump discussion was hard to watch. WHOOPI IT AINT THAT SERIOUS YOU ARENT ALL KNOWING PLEASE CALM DOWN AND LET EVERYONE TALK AND QUIT CUSSING. but Paula was talking about the alleged assault while everyone else was just talking about affairs so of course the whole discussion was a mess. Joy really needs to moderate, things don't get so heated for no damn reason.

I know Michelle isn't widely loved but why is Raven there almost everyday while Michelle is lucky to appear once a week?? Not looking forward to Ravens best friend but I'm sure its better than Candaces (unless it was Jody I love her).

• Love 4

The BEST part of the show was when they were talking about the women that had twins with different fathers.   Paula asked if the woman had two uterus's

During the Clinton discussion when Whoopi was ranting Paula tried to interrupt.  Whoppi shot her down instantly with either "shut up Paula, I'm talking" or "be quiet Paula, I'm talking".  A second later the cameras showed Paula's face she looked dumbfounded.

• Love 5

I know Michelle isn't widely loved but why is Raven there almost everyday while Michelle is lucky to appear once a week??

I'd take Michelle over Raven and CCB. Raven hasn't had the time out chair lately.

I'm surprised Sunny isn't there this week with her best friend. She had made herself right at home.

• Love 5

Whoopi appeared to think that the women who Bill Clinton cheated with deserved whatever wrath Hilary thought they deserved and whatever iinsults she threw at them. She also acted like these women should have known better than to get involved with a married man. And I find this is a feeling that many women have. - they get furious with the women that their boyfriend/husband/finace cheated with but the only ones that deserve any wrath is the men. They were the ones in the relationship, they were the ones that made the promises/vows.

• Love 3

Maury Povich. Yuck. His show exploits low intelligent, promiscuous, and often poor people who are encouraged to act outrageous. That show makes me ill. I guess he's made a bundle of money after 3000 shows, but what a disgusting way to make a living.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jpaulkitty said:

The BEST part of the show was when they were talking about the women that had twins with different fathers.   Paula asked if the woman had two uterus's

During the Clinton discussion when Whoopi was ranting Paula tried to interrupt.  Whoppi shot her down instantly with either "shut up Paula, I'm talking" or "be quiet Paula, I'm talking".  A second later the cameras showed Paula's face she looked dumbfounded.

Welcome new snarker!!!  Pull up a chair & make yourself at home.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

What is wrong with Paula? Her argument that Hillary can't be a champion of women because to called the woman who cheated with her husband bad names was ridiculous. She bends over backwards to find nonsensical counterarguments to any Trump criticism and she just looks and sounds stupid. I prefer days when she isn't there. She and Raven can both get lost. 

Paula made a big mistake appearing on the View.  She is great at reading news copy but not so good at trying to express her conservative views in an intellligent way.

• Love 7
(edited)

The only mistake Paula makes is that she attempts to give her view while sitting on a panel with the bully Whoopi Goldberg. Tomorrow will be Paula's turn to have her best friend that she met at the Christian college on the show. She will probably be prettier and smarter than the homely Whoopi. Sometimes I think Whoopi dislikes Paula just because she is a pretty woman with a loving husband and kids at home. Simple as that. Jealousy. Add to that she is a Christian conservative.

Notice that Whoopi has no best friend, or friend for that matter, on her day but will drag out her daughter from LA to promote herself once again. Will Whoopi make the show give her daughter a cake since today was her birthday. I wouldn't be surprised.

Joy and Susie are funny and enjoyable together. Notice when Joy disagrees with Paula she neither shouts or swears at her (no bleeps). That is what a good moderator is. I don't always agree with Paula either but I like her. Over at GMA yesterday morning they got her flowers for Mother's Day and her husband videotaped the kids saying Happy Mother's Day. Paula was surprised and touched by it and by her "GMA Family." They are a good group of people over there and they tease each other with love like a family (albeit a television one). Cut to Paula having to deal with the bitch of The View today.

I hate watching episodes with Whoopi but watched today for Joy and Susie. Tomorrow for Paula and her best friend.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 5

Joy and Susie were lots of fun (Susie: "All I know about Black China (sic) is it goes well with a white tablecloth") and the friendship is real and goes way back. What bugs me about Paula is that so many of her talking points are straight from Fox. Brings back very bad memories of Geddie secretly sharing Ailes' take on things to Bitsy prior to the show. Paula is much more artful in the delivery. We're seeing the normalization of Trump and that's dangerous stuff  

• Love 12

P.S. found this little nugget from SE's wiki page. Way back in 04 she was lampooning #Drumpf at a roast-

"I'm so not your type. I'm smart, my boobs are real, and I speak English"

I didn't realize she's only 60, much younger than Joy.

• Love 7

regarding Raven and her nails...if this is the only thing she can contribute,  maybe the show isn't a good fit for her.  Same with CCB, who I think would fit better over at THE talk.

Like the best friend idea, shame Michelle isn't on..but it beats having Sunny, Jed, or Sara H on.  I like Sunny, but she isn't a full time co host yet.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, rcc said:

The only mistake Paula makes is that she attempts to give her view while sitting on a panel with the bully Whoopi Goldberg. Tomorrow will be Paula's turn to have her best friend that she met at the Christian college on the show. She will probably be prettier and smarter than the homely Whoopi. Sometimes I think Whoopi dislikes Paula just because she is a pretty woman with a loving husband and kids at home. Simple as that. Jealousy. Add to that she is a Christian conservative.

I think Whoopi dislikes Paula because Paula is an ignorant little bitch who spews ridiculous nonsense in order to advance her political agenda.  Today was a perfect example.  

The topic was whether you should be angry with a woman who cheats with your husband, as Hilary Clinton supposedly was.  No one on the panel was saying that a man who cheats should be let off the hook.  But Paula tried to make it sound like if you blamed the woman involved, it amounted to that -  to do so was to give the man a pass.  But, of course, that would be a ridiculous and unfair thing to do. Ergo, Paula is right - don't blame the woman.  And since Hillary Clinton did blame the woman, she is a bad person.  

Paula's whole argument was complete straw man nonsense.  

But that's the job of the show's token little right-wing zealot ...  defeat the other women's defense of {insert name of liberal politician} by any means possible.  If you have to attack their reasoning by inserting ridiculous, indefensible ideas none of them actually expressed into their argument in order to win, so be it.  But when you do that - pretend someone has said something foolish and rely on that to defeat their logic, you run the risk of being called out for being a disingenuous little phony, a manipulative right wing mouthpiece, an ignorant second-rate Bitsy seat filler, etc.   At least on the boards by posters who see through your game (lol).   On the show, you just have to deal with Whoopi feeling her oats some days and putting you in your place.   

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I wish Whoopi or someone else had called Paula out more directly for her shady argument tactics but I will settle for them just making her look stupid.  It was better than nothing. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think Whoopi dislikes Paula because Paula is an ignorant little bitch who spews ridiculous nonsense in order to advance her political agenda.  Today was a perfect example.  

The topic was whether you should be angry with a woman who cheats with your husband, as Hilary Clinton supposedly was.  No one on the panel was saying that a man who cheats should be let off the hook.  But Paula tried to make it sound like if you blamed the woman involved, it amounted to that -  to do so was to give the man a pass.  But, of course, that would be a ridiculous and unfair thing to do. Ergo, Paula is right - don't blame the woman.  And since Hillary Clinton did blame the woman, she is a bad person.  

Paula's whole argument was complete straw man nonsense.  

But that's the job of the show's token little right-wing zealot ...  defeat the other women's defense of {insert name of liberal politician} by any means possible.  If you have to attack their reasoning by inserting ridiculous, indefensible ideas none of them actually expressed into their argument in order to win, so be it.  But when you do that - pretend someone has said something foolish and rely on that to defeat their logic, you run the risk of being called out for being a disingenuous little phony, a manipulative right wing mouthpiece, an ignorant second-rate Bitsy seat filler, etc.   At least on the boards by posters who see through your game (lol).   On the show, you just have to deal with Whoopi feeling her oats some days and putting you in your place.   

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I wish Whoopi or someone else had called Paula out more directly for her shady argument tactics but I will settle for them just making her look stupid.  It was better than nothing. 

We just have to disagree I guess. To you Paula is an "ignorant little bitch", I say she has a right to her opinion and Whoopi is a hateful big bitch. Joy doesn't agree with Paula most of the time either but she does it in a professional way. What I hate most about Whoopi is that she is a bully.

• Love 6

Paula having her own opinion is fine.  It's the twisting of what the other women said about their opinions on order to prove her opinion is "right" is what bothers me.  

Whoopi can be very heavy handed when addressing Paula, but at least Whoopi shows Paula enough respect to seriously debate with her. Joy just rolls her eyes and Paula and dismisses her silliness, which is cutting in it's own kind of way.  They both seem to think she is pretty full of it, lol.  

But I want to add that I don't think Whoopi's problem with Paula has anything at all to do with Paula being cuter than Whoopi or having a husband or anything along those lines. There are a lot of things about The Whoopster I don't like, but I have never thought she was plagued by the kind of catty jealousy of another woman that you described.   Rather, I think she sees herself as the cat's meow, lol! 

• Love 10

What Paula said and tried skew about Clintons was just stupid. Plain and simple. Whoopi is an ignorant, tyrant but Paula was grasping at straws calling into question Hillary Clinton's feminism and her nerve to fundraise off of "women's card" because she called Monica Lewinsky crazy. As if she never gave Bill Clinton hell in the private space. As if a woman can't be mad at both her husband and his mistress/fling. As if a woman can't be upset at a woman who cheated with her husband and fight for women's rights and gender equality.

Paula's little stunt today was transparent in its Trump defense. 

• Love 18

I think Whoopie disliked Paula instantly because she replaced Whoopie's buddy, Nicole Wallace, and then, Paula continued to give her ammunition to hate her even more.  As someone so eloquently said about someone else on one of the Housewives shows, Nicole had her head so far up Whoopie's ass she had her own wing.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Paula made a big mistake appearing on the View.  She is great at reading news copy but not so good at trying to express her conservative views in an intellligent way.

I have to agree with this. It seems that Paula was given the role of the conservative Christian, which would be difficult enough, but she doesn't express herself very well, so she ends up looking weak . They needed to find someone a little tougher who could express their views more eloquently. In addition, for some reason I think being on the far edge of the table doesn't help her either. I think she's a nice person, but she should have probably stuck to the softer stuff on GMA's weekend show. Though I totally disagree with her political views, I feel a little sorry for her for being in this position, especially with Whoopie's readiness to attack.

• Love 5
(edited)

Paula also kept saying that Bill had multiple victims which even prompted Joy along with Whoopi to say there's one that we know of. That's what really seemed to kick Whoopi off then it just snowballed from there.  I've seen lists online that have quite a few more women mentioned then just P Jones. I disagree with Paula's political views too. I wish she would try and prepare more if she's going to bring things like this up though. She was better at giving snarky replies and etc. to Whoopi at the start of the season. I don't think either of them handled themselves all to well. All the bleeping Whoopi's rant caused sure got people's attention though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But I want to add that I don't think Whoopi's problem with Paula has anything at all to do with Paula being cuter than Whoopi or having a husband or anything along those lines. There are a lot of things about The Whoopster I don't like, but I have never thought she was plagued by the kind of catty jealousy of another woman that you described.   Rather, I think she sees herself as the cat's meow, lol! 

I don't think it's about looks either. I think it's more about Nicolle getting fired and somehow Whoopi blames Paula for it. Maybe Paula got her leg through the door via kissing up to someone behind the scenes at ABC? Either way, Whoopi doesn't have the right to rake her over the coals for it. Rake her over the coals for her idiotic statements; don't make it personal.

I think Paula is likely well-aware only one person is accusing Bill Clinton, but she instead makes statements that are deliberately vague to suit her agenda.

• Love 9

Ay yi yi!!!!

Just who did Hillary "DESTROYYYYYYYYY" And I can't get on board with holding the wife whose HUSBAND cheated, RESPONSIBLE. Bill Clinton cheated. Hillary Clinton didn't cheat/have affairs with these women. Bill Clinton humiliated his wife for the entire Nation to see. So her calling the women who cheated with her husand doesn't make her less of a feminist, nor does it mean she can't stand up for women's rights, when she was the one who was the wronged party.

And Whoopi just made a liar out of herself. Or...changed her mind. I remember years ago, how she said, she didn't like emailing or tweeting or texting...if you wanted to talk to her, then pick up the damned phone and call her! Now it's like I don't like to talk on the phone. Okay, Whoopi, whatever you say.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, jpaulkitty said:

The BEST part of the show was when they were talking about the women that had twins with different fathers.   Paula asked if the woman had two uterus's....

Wasn't that a plot on The Guiding Light once?  A woman had intercourse with her husband & then with his brother a few hours later, delivered twins, & each child had a different father?  It's like that with cats too.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, 3pwood said:

Wasn't that a plot on The Guiding Light once?  A woman had intercourse with her husband & then with his brother a few hours later, delivered twins, & each child had a different father?  It's like that with cats too.

I know it happened on Days of Our Lives.

The show was a mess because, at least in my area, so much of the discussion of Clinton was bleeped out. 

Paula was out of line, she was agreeing with Trump's  depiction of Bill Clinton as some sort of serial rapist, and Hillary as defending him.   I get that she feels the need to present a conservative view.  I would respect her if I thought she actually did the research and formed her own opinions, because she tends to spit out the party line without any thought. 

Raven really likes those Kardashians, doesn't she?   I'm not sure she got that most of the audience (live and TV) have had their fill of that family.  Honestly, if I wanted to know more about them, I'd watch their show.   Shut up already.   And Chyna Black is a "video vixen"?   And then there's all that laughter about what it means, and then, yeah, more bleeping.  Maybe someone who is on a video called "Fuck with Me"  is not an appropriate topic for this show, huh?   Not that I'm a prude, just - why keep using language that's going to be bleeped by censors on a daytime network show?   They don't just bleep out one or two words, it's half the conversation.  They have all been around long enough to know what can and cannot be said on TV.  It's disrespectful to the TV audience to keep having conversations that are gong to be censored. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

The show was a mess because, at least in my area, so much of the discussion of Clinton was bleeped out. 

Paula was out of line, she was agreeing with Trump's  depiction of Bill Clinton as some sort of serial rapist, and Hillary as defending him.   I get that she feels the need to present a conservative view.  I would respect her if I thought she actually did the research and formed her own opinions, because she tends to spit out the party line without any thought. 

That's what bugs me about her too that she says stuff she seems to hear or see on TV. It's worse with her since she likes to say she's a "journalist". 

CCB/BAB was in the audience tonight for DWTS and Jodie mentioned that production starts on the 2nd season tomorrow. That's probably why CBB isn't there this week and depending on how long it takes to film a season for that show she may be gone for awhile.

• Love 1
On 5/8/2016 at 6:22 AM, Haleth said:

What a crappy lineup this week.

No kidding.  Even dragging out the old "Best Friends Week."   We see you Show, you just can't get any good guests.  Speaking of which, Maury Povitch? Really?  I had no idea that disgusting show was still on.   I am embarrassed for him.  

On 5/8/2016 at 2:58 PM, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie needs to stop trying to make her daughter happen.

OMG Yes!  At forty-something, it's just not going to happen Alex.   Go away.  Although I'm sure the check will be appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Megyn Kelly was on Live today talking about her new show ... guess who's producing it?  Sweaty Geddy!!!

No need for me to watch then.  I thought it was just a one-off special.  Am I wrong?   Doesn't that pig have enough money already?  

As others have said, that Trump/Hilary/Bill topic was a mess.  Sorry Paula, no one was destroyed; no one was assaulted.  Whoopi is a bully and Paula was poking the bear but I found the entire topic stupid because it once again gave Trump media attention for saying outrageous remarks and a woman's husband sleeping around has NOTHING to do with her policy proposals for not only becoming POTUS but Commander in Chief.    But why talk about immigration or global warming when they can get all worked up over philandering husbands.  Geezus, that gave me a headache.  

• Love 13

No kidding.  Even dragging out the old "Best Friends Week."   We see you Show, you just can't get any good guests.  Speaking of which, Maury Povitch? Really?  I had no idea that disgusting show was still on.   I am embarrassed for him.  

I forgot about Maury! Yeah, he was once a "journalist" - now his show is Jerry Springer-like, only it's ALL about DNA tests.  I don't get it.  Is there really an audience for 'You are/are NOT the father?"   (I never watched it on purpose, it seems to be popular in medical waiting rooms and at my dad's house) .  It didn't seem like Whoopi and Joy had any respect for him, they were kind of mocking him.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, May Jacks said:

As if she never gave Bill Clinton hell in the private space. As if a woman can't be mad at both her husband and his mistress/fling. As if a woman can't be upset at a woman who cheated with her husband and fight for women's rights and gender equality.

And not just in the private space. I remember seeing video of the Clintons after the Lewinsky thing happened. The tension was sooooo obvious. There was one clip of them walking with Chelsea to the Marine One helicopter and Chelsea was the only thing holding them together. Blind people could have sensed how awful things were between them. The body language was as transparent as it was between Charles and Diana in the last days of their marriage, when it was so clear that they loathed being in each other's presence.

Holding Hillary responsible for Bill's antics is as ridiculous as blaming Jackie for JFK's infidelities.

I had to laugh a few years ago when I first heard someone say, "Wait until 2016 and watch all the racists turn into misogynists." Damned if it hasn't happened. The "swift boating" of Hillary has begun. 

• Love 17

I understand that Hillary wants to focus on the issues but I'm not that mature - whenever Paila or anyone else lambastes Hill as a cruel enabler (LOL), I want someone on the panel to dredge up all the dirt on Trump's blatant affair with Marla Maples, which was the the media equivalent of today's fixation with everything Kardashian.  As I recall, Trump very publicly romanced Marla (in her 20's) totally humiliating his wife Ivana (then around 40 & mother of Trump's 3 kids.)  After a juicy, widely reported scene between wife & mistress on the Aspen ski slopes, Trump tastefully declared that Marla provided him the best sex evah, knocked her up, ditched Ivana, & eventually married his paramour.  Joy attended this Trumped up wedding - seems like she could twist the knife a bit??

• Love 13

OK -   Trump's declaration that Hillary Clinton was an abuser of women assaulted by her husband, the statement that Paula repeated and defended -  I just found out where that came from.   (thank you, Rachel Maddow)
Trump was quoting from a book, the Clinton's War on Women.
The author of the book is a Republican conspiracy theorist from Texas, Robert Morrow, who believes that LBJ murdered JFK,   Jeb Bush murdered Barry Seal,  and that Hillary Clinton murdered "everybody at WACO". The guy wears a court jester hat when he talks about his views on his website, where he makes a lot of outrageous claims about which politicians are gay or bisexual.   He says that Bill AND Hillary Clinton sexually abused women.  OH, his co-author is a Trump friend and advisor, Roger Stone. 

SO -  two men have decided to write a book with the intention of taking down Hillary Clinton  -  Trump quotes the book, Paula backs him up, repeating the lies told in the book, as if they are facts. 

• Love 19

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics; Whoopi Goldberg’s Best Friend Guest Co-host: Pepe The Prawn and her daughter Alex. (Ughhhhhhh)

A time to take a walk, read a book, keep your TV off, get some flowers........

Imagine the possibilities that you could spend this hour.................

• Love 8