Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/09/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Darn, I missed the Trump discussion, but I did tune in just in time to see Joy dismiss Paula and her silly demand Joy tell Steve she loves him on TV.   Paula is just such a tone deaf dorky nerd.  Her personality is actually starting to annoy me more than her slimy argument tactics and predictable opinions about virtually everything. It frustrates the hell out of me that with all the discussion about who is leaving at the end of the season, she clearly seems to be sticking around.   BOO!!!

What did Jed and Raven say about Trump that made Paula "bittercakes" ?  Lol, love that expression TheGreenKnight!  Every day at the table, someone gets served a plate of it, it seems.  Paula deserves a whole buffet full, as far as I am concerned. 

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They were talking about Paul Ryan not endorsing Trump, and Jed said that many Republicans believe Trump is going to destroy the party for years because he's espousing opinions they've tried to distance themselves from over time (like racism, sexism, etc.--which I don't think is really true, but... lol). Then they bemoaned how his bigotry doesn't represent America (again), and Raven said that when you look at all the race-related crime and injustice, it's apparent he does represent America, which is the problem. And then Joy ended the topic by saying that Paul Ryan is more conservative than Trump, which is why he's not supporting him. Something about Jed in particular downing Trump seems to get on Paula's nerves, imo.

While all that is true, I think her "bittercakes" (Hah! Love it!) had more to do with Joy's refusal to "get along with people you don't like." Meaning Paula was saying, that even if Ryan hates or doesn't like Drumpf, since he IS the Nominee, he needs to learn to get along with him. And poor Raven, kept confusing it with friendship.  And I'm totally with Joy...WHY does Ryan (Guh, can't believe I'm defending that piece of turd) have to endorse that blowhard, just because the racists voted for him, giving him the lead? Or why does he need to learn to get along with him? SHUT UP, Paula. Despite what Ryan said last December, and based on what he said yesterday, he'll end up endorsing him.

Oh GOOD GRIEF. Paula is still on that tear that people of opposite sexes can't socialize because TEMPTATION!!!!! "Putting yourself in a 'vulnerable position'" spiel.  Methinks she doth protest too much.  I think she finds herself attracted to men NOT her husband. I mean, she keeps asking other women who are guest hosts or on the panel this question, and always has that lecturing warning tone, that you shouldn't socialize, because you open yourself to cheat. Uh-huh. Sure, Paula. It sounds like she's trying to deflect or shake off guilt. I dunno. That's the vibe I'm getting.

• Love 10

they talked today about "curly hair is coming back in style".  Raven YELLS "  I"ve always had curly hair, y'all are late!"  And she keeps going on about how curly hair has never been out of style, because most people have curly hair.    She says that she has to have straight weaves because she's on TV - and  when she takes her weave out, people say her hair is "natural".   But she says, no, that's just what my hair looks like. HUH?  Isn't that what natural means?

Yes, raven, stick straight hair HAS been the style for a number of years now.  She can say it's not true, but the popularity of  straightening irons and blowouts would support it - as would magazines, celebrity fashions, etc.   And How does she explain that she HAS to have those long blond weaves "for TV"  if curly hair has not ever been out of style? 

Raven bugs me the most when she does this -  for any random topic, she pounces on it, saying NO, that's not the case, uh uh, no way -   then she proves that it IS the case.  I've had people like that in my life, and they're exhausting to be around.  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, backformore said:

they talked today about "curly hair is coming back in style".  Raven YELLS "  I"ve always had curly hair, y'all are late!"  And she keeps going on about how curly hair has never been out of style, because most people have curly hair.    She says that she has to have straight weaves because she's on TV - and  when she takes her weave out, people say her hair is "natural".   But she says, no, that's just what my hair looks like. HUH?  Isn't that what natural means?

Yes, raven, stick straight hair HAS been the style for a number of years now.  She can say it's not true, but the popularity of  straightening irons and blowouts would support it - as would magazines, celebrity fashions, etc.   And How does she explain that she HAS to have those long blond weaves "for TV"  if curly hair has not ever been out of style? 

Raven bugs me the most when she does this -  for any random topic, she pounces on it, saying NO, that's not the case, uh uh, no way -   then she proves that it IS the case.  I've had people like that in my life, and they're exhausting to be around.  

What Raven should have said was that curly hair/natural hair is a touchy subject in the Black community and that goes back to slavery. Raven does not have the intelligence or the eloquence to properly explain this issue on national television. It boggles my mind why she even has this job in the first place..

• Love 11