Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Captive

• Start Topic

Now, now everybody. Maddie has decided to be the new Carol, well not so much, I guess. Pretty useless when Travis was rolling around on the deck.

Is Alicia actress another Brit/Aussie/ Kiwi?

• Love 4

Earlier I was rewatching True Detective's season 1, and I swear Rustin Cohle's pretentious nihilistic diatribes made a lot more sense than this.

I'm not even clear was what Connor's point or plan and I don't care to get it now, as long as Madison et all get the fuck out of that aera and finally on route to Mexico.

• Love 3

Too much "This is the way we are now!" exposition! 

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Well, these dingbats finally did something right I guess. Travis and Alicia rescued. I'm glad we don't have to see or listen to alive Connor anymore.

That's  all I got. 

They only succeeded because they were facing a crew so incompetent that they were defeated by a single walker and a guy who literally had both hands tied behind his back!

• Love 14

I guess Madison making the delivery of ZombieReed was part of a Mother's Day theme? That was a cool plan, and Daniel, as usual, was the mastermind, but otherwise the episode was far too slow.  I want them to get to Mexico and/or at least run into some better pirates.

(BTW, looking at Jack and Nick, there's some serious incesty stuff going on with Alicia.)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Now, now everybody. Maddie has decided to be the new Carol, well not so much, I guess. Pretty useless when Travis was rolling around on the deck.

Is Alicia actress another Brit/Aussie/ Kiwi?

Donald Trump is going to be sooooooo mad at this show!

• Love 2

All in all I just don't think anything happened. I know it was supposed to look like it did but to me.., no.

I asked this once before and still no answer.  Is this yacht nuclear powered? Otherwise, where is the fuel coming from?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

Am I the only one too old not to know (or care) who this Jesse McArtney person is?

No, I'm old and I don't care ... I have no idea who he is.

• Love 5

I mostly remember him from when he was Dixie's son on AMC. (the guy who replaced him was in Mean Girls and now hosts Cake Wars). And then he was on that Summerland show with Lori Loughlin and Ryan Kwanten (I'd love to see him on this show - maybe he and Nick can wander around 3/4 naked for the entire hour).

• Love 2
1 minute ago, econ07 said:

So will the plane woman and pregnant lady steal a boat and ram the Abigail, Thelma and Louise style? 

Don't you sometimes wonder if the writers read these  boards to get ideas, lol?

• Love 2

Well, the Abigail is supposed to have enough fuel to go 3000 miles, or so said Strand.

Anyway, turns out the villains were pretty lame villains.  Scariest one was Preggo Girl.  She stole Alecia's steak, goddammit!  Apparently the Jessy McCartney baddie went to "Negan's Henchmen Academy" as he was one of those bad guys that just can't shut the hell up. 

So, Alex is pissed at Travis?  Why him and not Strand or Maddie or Chris or anyone else?  Was anyone else amazed that when she unbunned her hair she turned into Chaka Khan??

• Love 23

These two actors are trying to give themselves more credit than they deserve.  I don't believe either one of them ever considered any of the stuff their talking about now.  If they did, it sure as shit didn't show in their performances.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Am I the only one too old not to know (or care) who this Jesse McArtney person is?

I had to ask my teenage daughter who he was. He was on a TV show called "Zak & Cody" & had a few hit songs in 2004.

Chris is a whiny liability. He seems totally incapable of staying on task.

Madison is an idiot. What part of zombie apocalypse has her confused? Why is she trying to preserve the childhood of people in their late teens in the midst of the the ZA? She is just being so unreasonable.

The plan with Jesse the Zombie was pretty good. I loved Salazar just telling everyone to cool it while he thought things through. This man has to stay safe or they will all die.

I hope Travis tells Strand that his rampant douchebaggery immediately bit them all in their collective asses.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, oakville said:

I had to ask my teenage daughter who he was. He was on a TV show called "Zak & Cody" & had a few hit songs in 2004.

This helps reinforce my theory that this show is the "tween" version of TWD franchise.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

Well, the Abigail is supposed to have enough fuel to go 3000 miles, or so said Strand.

Anyway, turns out the villains were pretty lame villains.  Scariest one was Preggo Girl.  She stole Alecia's steak, goddammit!  Apparently the Jessy McCartney baddie went to "Negan's Henchmen Academy" as he was one of those bad guys that just can't shut the hell up. 

So, Alex is pissed at Travis?  Why him and not Strand or Maddie or Chris or anyone else?  Was anyone else amazed that when she unbunned her hair she turned into Chaka Khan??

I'm going to call Alex 'Chaka' from now on.

• Love 7

Salazar was the MVP of the episode for putting a hood on Reed & making sure he gets traded for Travis. It was odd that Travis was hooded, but otherwise the trade would not work. I think Connor's plan of scouting for distressed ships made sense. Alicia could be the friendly voice luring ships to the shore where Connor could hijack them.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Salazar was the MVP of the episode for putting a hood on Reed & making sure he gets traded for Travis. It was odd that Travis was hooded, but otherwise the trade would not work. I think Connor's plan of scouting for distressed ships made sense. Alicia could be the friendly voice luring ships to the shore where Connor could hijack them.

BBM

I never thought of that. :)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

BBM

I never thought of that. :)

It's a similar plot device to  Mary ? (Tasha Yar from Star Trek the Next Generation) luring people on the radio to Terminus on TWD

• Love 3

- That looked like a really good steak. No wonder why the pregnant lady stole it.

- So that's how the pirates knew all of their names. Guess the plane lady wanted revenge any way she could get it.

- Madison should let Daniel make most of their plans. He's ruthless but he's smart.

- Did Lover Boy really think Alicia would just throw up deuces to her family and join up with him? He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

• Love 5

What happened to the other boats that Connor supposedly commanded ?  Or was that just bullshit to make the crew of the Abigail seem like they were a bigger threat than they actually were ?

As far as I can tell it was basically a handful of guys on a dry-docked boat.

Which means that the pirates with the heavy weaponry are still out on the water.

• Love 2

The word of the night is "family."  the phrase that pays: this is what we do now. 

Alicia's hair is fabulous. She'll be the prettiest zombie. She's a much more believable badass on The 100, I think it's because of the eye makeup on that show. 

People in Mexico are still motivated by money and these people are having serious conversations about the new world and showing advanced pirate skills...weird.

Also, I'm over strange scenes with old songs, like the opening with the cooking. 

I hate Nick. The actor bugs the crap out of me. Too much quirk. 

Overall though, probably the most enjoyable episode. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kdm07 said:

- That looked like a really good steak. No wonder why the pregnant lady stole it.

Was that a different pregnant lady than was on the Abigail last episode ?  Because she certainly looked different.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Was that a different pregnant lady than was on the Abigail last episode ?  Because she certainly looked different.

I'm pretty sure it's the same one. She left with the others last week IIRC. 

• Love 1

Ok, so nonsensical scene #27:  Strand and hitman Jack Black (Carlos) are discussing that they only have enough money to get 2 people into Mexico, but the discussion is suddenly switches to Spanish.  Um.... Hola?? Daniel is 6 feet away on the bridge, I think he's going to be able to crack your exotic language code.

Also, even though we're in the early stages of the ZA, pretty much everyone quickly understands that money/jewels/gold/etc. has no worth and that water/food/medicine is the coin of the realm... everyone except the Mexican Armada.  Mmmmmkay....

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I guess Madison making the delivery of ZombieReed was part of a Mother's Day theme? That was a cool plan, and Daniel, as usual, was the mastermind, but otherwise the episode was far too slow.  I want them to get to Mexico and/or at least run into some better pirates.

(BTW, looking at Jack and Nick, there's some serious incesty stuff going on with Alicia.)

Daniel Salazar is the mastermind behind most of the things that have actually worked.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

Daniel Salazar is the mastermind behind most of the things that have actually worked.

Well, he did lead thousands of walkers to the detention center and single handedly killed lots if people because of it, so...

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Well, he did lead thousands of walkers to the detention center and single handedly killed lots if people because of it, so...

Yeah, but none of his people died, so in walking dead terms, that was a success.

• Love 8
(edited)

This show is so disappointing. Whenever these people bear their feelings, I don't buy it. When Alicia was talking to Jack about the change in the world, it just sounded like an afterschool special. Travis comes off as so weak, that everytime he waxes poetically about times gone by, I only get annoyed. Flight 462 "Chaka Khan" came off as a judgemental prick and I really don't know what she thought anyone was going to be able to do for a severe burn victim. I didn't understand what I was supposed to think of the victim asking not to let him drown. If the showrunners wanted to imply that he wanted a quicker death, they should have made that clear. But when you're stranded in the ocean while your lungs are filling with your own fluid, the request just seems confounding.

Alicia is brought aboard, fed a steak and then left to wander and plot as she pleases. It was incredulous that she uttered the words that they wouldn't get caught if they commandeered a boat. And how is a person brought on board under protest put at the helm and given all the company secrets? 

Given that Chris continually acts like a baby, is emotional, doesn't do what he's told and is seemingly highly suggestible, why would Daniel leave him in charge of a prisoner who is actively trying to manipulate those he comes in contact with? I know he wanted to keep Chris busy, but that was not the job.

The exchange of prisoners and a tied up walker chomping through two grown men was silly. Some stuff is so amateurish it's like watching Jill Duggar's husband doing those plays down in Central America.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 12

This may be too logical of a a question but why did Madison not tuck a gun in the back waistband of her jeans when she went to the trade-off. Once she got Travis she could have just shot the others instead of Travis and one rolling around on the deck. 

I know there are not a lot of dating choices out there but man Jack really was a dumb ass thinking Alicia was going to stay with him.

I know some do not like Nick, but I like the fact that a former drug addict, who some may argue has killed brain cells, can out think most of the other characters on this show with one lobe of his brain tied behind his back!

• Love 4