Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

(edited)

Found this Twitter....not sure if it is considered a spoiler...

Spoiler

Courtney‏@putUincespence

For anyone that asked about team dances - source is thinking the girls are gonna take this one, but neither dance is terribly special. #dwts

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

I love Nyle. I knew  he didn't mean any harm last week with his comment about Val. Len just went over board.  Another mis hap with the scores. Oh well that just means I have to give Nyle more votes lol

• Love 1

between editing last week, and now twice messing with the scores it's like they are trying to create fake drama around Nyle. I wonder why? I'd thing he'd have enough support and attention as it is...

• Love 1

Hmm... Here's what I think so far,  I love Nyle in Ballroom dances,  and I think Wayna is killer in Latin dances. Nyle just has a beautiful line for ballroom and I think he really made the effort to keep the shoulders down and relaxed. I liked that he wore an outfit that defined his line this time.  Wayna in contrast was good, but his topline was wonky and his dance position wasn't strong. He lost it a few times. . 

I wasn't in love with Antonio, he's clipping his movement all over the place.  I didn't see Kim or Jodie.  I'll have to catch up later.

That was Ginger's best dance, I think. Really lovely.

She really deserved that score. First perfect score of the season. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Wardrobe malfunction ftw!

The censors were quick on the trigger, though.  They slapped that DWTS still card up so fast, I thought ABC had lost power.  

• Love 5

I get the snark, but I really loved that Viennese Waltz.  I thought it was great technique and movement.

Von I thought did better than Antonio this week. He really had fun with it.

• Love 1

Keo can't be asked back as a pro next season, can he? In the pre-performance package it was all about how he'd never made it this far in the competition before and how being eliminated tonight would be devastating for him. Not Jodie, not for both of them. HIM

And then Carrie Ann called him out on missing a step / going too fast / getting out of sync and how Jodie was the one to be on track and keep it together. Hee.

• Love 13
(edited)

I don't think Ginger's dancing is anything special - she's not bad but she doesn't wow me a lot of the time - but I think her Viennese waltz was one of those dances where everything came together: Val's choreography, their personal partnership, the song choice, her ability and made a good dance.

Was it 30 worthy? Eh ... but at this point I'm honestly underwhelmed by pretty much everyone. No one really catches my attention in a "must watch this dance" kind of way, so if it has to happen I guess Ginger is just as good as anyone else.

Keo can't be asked back as a pro next season, can he? In the pre-performance package it was all about how he'd never made it this far in the competition before and how being eliminated tonight would be devastating for him. Not Jodie, not for both of them. HIM

I laughed when he backtracked and added on "it would be devastating for both of us".

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2

Yes yes yes!!!!! Now thats what I call a jive! Paige and Mark nailed that one she became Tina Turner tonight! Definitely getting some votes from me tonight 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I don't understand how Bruno does that twice to Nyle. I don't remember them messing up with the scoring at all in the past. There's something fishy there. 

I agree, there is something fishy about the scoring and how it keeps happening to Nyle. its not fair and they (Bruno included) need to get their act together and stop fooling up the scores. 

• Love 3

Paige is the perfect partner with Mark.  She can handle any choreography he comes up with and that's saying a lot because he is very, very creative and will stretch his partner as far as possible, IMO.  Loved their dance.

I enjoyed Ginger's too, must admit, even though she reminds me of Anne Hathaway in her annoyingness.

Nyle doesn't do it for me though I admire tremendously what he's accomplishing.

Thoroughly enjoying tonight so far.

• Love 3

Mark's choreography is SICK.  i think that's the first time I've ever rewound during the dance.  That triple cartwheel, yikes.  He is terrific. He's really grown since his Bristol days. Every partner since Sadie has really benefitted from his understanding of who they are as people.

• Love 9
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Archery said:

Mark's choreography is SICK.  i think that's the first time I've ever rewound during the dance.  That triple cartwheel, yikes.  He is terrific. He's really grown since his Bristol days. Every partner since Sadie has really benefitted from his understanding of who they are as people.

I think Mark is an outstanding choreographer too, but Benji Schwimmer used to do that triple cartwheel often, including his audition, on SYTYCD way back on season two.  I don't know if Benji invented that move, but credit where credit is due.

LOVED the group dance!

Edited by scootypuffjr
  • Love 3

I know what there trying to pull by giving Team James Brown 2 9's. The judges did it because they want Team Beyonce to win so that Ginger and Paige have less of a chance to go home. SMH.

I thought Kim, Von, and Jodie were probably in the most danger tonight so it's no suprise but it still stings. We have to lose Von and keep yucky Antonio, ugh. If we had lost Wayna though, heads would roll. 

I'm not Paige's biggest fan but that Jive looked HARD. That move where she and Mark just kept spinning around each other was amazing. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scootypuffjr said:

I think Mark is an outstanding choreographer too, but Benji Schwimmer used to do that triple cartwheell often on SYTYCD, way back on season two.  I don't know if Benji invented that move, but credit where credit is due.

LOVED the group dance!

SYTYCD dancers are trained dancers.  Paige is an MMA fighter.  The fact that Mark can get her to a place where she can accomplish a move like that is impressive.  I think the right two went home.  Kim is great to watch, but she was never limber or graceful.  Von always dances like a big man.  Both the Elvis and James Brown dances suited him.  I predict Antonio goes next.  

• Love 4

I think with Ginger's scores, I've climbed the grassy knoll.

And Paige does some good Tina Turner moves. One of the few Mark dances that my eyes were glued to his partner, not him. And if anyone deserved 10s, she did.

Erin's hair looks horrible from the side.

I don't think Kim's costume was stage lighting tested for the blacklight part.

I liked the men's team dance better, but it's probably because i know James Brown music and I don't know Beyonce from Rhianna or Shakira or Kee$ha or any person connected with current music. I only know who these women are because I read Go Fug Yourself frequently.

Probably the right two people left.

• Love 1
(edited)

Given that they knew Wanya was safe, they really shouldn't have had three African-Americans in the bottom. They should have chosen Jodie or Ginger, instead. 

Edited by Adeejay
1 minute ago, Archery said:

SYTYCD dancers are trained dancers.  Paige is an MMA fighter.  The fact that Mark can get her to a place where she can accomplish a move like that is impressive.  I think the right two went home.  Kim is great to watch, but she was never limber or graceful.  Von always dances like a big man.  Both the Elvis and James Brown dances suited him.  I predict Antonio goes next.  

Paige grew up a trained dancer lol , her parents own a dance studio for christs sakes.

Just now, blaase said:

Going by last week, the right cuts were made. Next week it should be Antonio.

Paige will go home before Antonio does that is if he ever does go home. Paige is only better then the other female dancers because she is a dancer.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Does wardrobe hate Jodie? NO ONE looks good in shiny bright yellow and her dresses are always just so heavy looking, almost mumsy. She's young, but yet she never looks it .

I was just thinking the same thing. They dress her 20 years older, and 50 lbs heavier than she is. She never gets flattering colors either. 

(edited)

SYTYCD dancers are trained dancers.  Paige is an MMA fighter.  The fact that Mark can get her to a place where she can accomplish a move like that is impressive.

Not that impressive; Paige is as good as a trained dancer considering her parents owed a dance studio and she danced for 13 years. She's even credited her dance experience for her poise as a fighter and she talks about competing in dance. She's the ringeriest ringer since Nicole.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

Paige will go home before Antonio does that is if he ever does go home. Paige is only better then the other female dancers because she is a dancer.

Who cares why she is better than the other female dancers.  She's better and IMO more interesting to watch.  Some of that is due to Mark's choreography, but still.  I'm so over the complaining over ringers.  Paige may be the most experienced female by a long shot, but let's not pretend that Jodie or Ginger have never danced a day in their lives.  Ginger was supposedly on her college dance team.  There have always been ringers on this show and there always will be.  You need to guarantee that there is some good dancing season to season and most of the time these people don't win?   Paige isn't going to win, so what is the big deal.  She's lucky if she makes it to the finals.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 13

Paddle-Gate Part Deux. Is Nyle doing that bad in votes that they have to manufacture some scoring drama for him? If it really is producer shenanigans, Bruno is playing his part to perfection, and very understated unlike his usual performances. If it is a legit mistake, maybe stop having Len write down all the scores because he can't seem to hear the difference between a 9 and a 10. I know Bruno can be hard to understand at times, but that's a little ridiculous.

Team Beyonce sucked balls. I'm not a Beyonce fan to begin with (oh, the paragraphs I could write on that) so I would have had trouble getting as into the dance because of the music choice but damn. The dancing was bad enough. 

The team dance just falls apart without Derek there, doesn't it? (Just kidding!)

• Love 3