Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Scalloped edges does not vintage make.

Ree is very lucky that the hot decorating trend right now is "modern farmhouse."  No wonder she rushed to get so many of those products to market. Half of them I'd never heard of.  (Not that I keep up on Ree's inventory.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

OMG- A big bowl is a bowl, cupcake stand????

But, but, but she loves the drainer insert in her big pot....now a colander? Measuring "bowls" need a handle LOL - and fluted.

She very, very, very rarely bakes anything golden brown let alone cooks anything carmelized. 

Nevertheless - the comments were the worst of it.

• Love 3

Just when you think all is lost in Pioneer Woman mediocrity on FN … Bristling with nerdy energy, Alton Brown’s Good Eats is back — and not a moment too soon

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

My daughter liked the Pioneer Lady’s line of kitchenware until they all began chipping if you looked at them wrong. They break easily if you actually use them. 

I was at a discounter, that will not be named, and nearly all PW crockery and dishware were chipped on the shelves. It's terribly cheap stuff for everyday dishes.

• Love 4

She did mention that she beat him on Throwdown, right at the start. I was watching by accident and was shocked when Ree walked out with Alex G. (iron chef) Ree is so much taller than Alex but she looked close to her size in the hips already. I've noticed Alex and Valerie B. have both gained a ton of weight, especially in the lower body....but Ree is getting HUGE herself! It must be all that tasting on Kids baking. I'd hate to have a job like that!

Seeing her on Beat Bobby Flay prompted me to search back to when that was she was on Throwdown and I believe it was 2011. I read an article where it said Ree actually contacted Bobby to be on the show instead of the way they normally make it out....that Bobby challenges a person in their setting. Anyway, that is how Ree got her foot in the Food Network door, so to speak. Another shocker was Trisha Yearwood was one of the judges! Ree writes all about that in her blog.

Go look at the pictures and you will see a much thinner, brunette, softer spoken Ree back at the Throwdown! My husband says she was actually kind of cute when Ladd married her back in her early days!!!

• Love 4

I agree that Ree's "Throwdown" was rigged.  I saw that show, and there was no doubt in  my mind that Bobby was coming out on top.  Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, she won.  All that crowd of people from Pawtuska were cheering.  Ree must have felt like the Queen of Cuisine.  Little did we know what lay ahead:  her mom's recipes and church cookbooks.  Now she's selling cheap dishes and has a bank account of $50 million! 

• Love 4
On 9/4/2019 at 6:12 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I was at a discounter, that will not be named, and nearly all PW crockery and dishware were chipped on the shelves. It's terribly cheap stuff for everyday dishes.

I must be lucky.  The few pieces I've been gifted with are fine,  Now the IKEA dishes we gave my daughter when she moved out?  Definitely did not last past the first year.  I like IKEA but I'd never buy dishes or glassware from them again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just came to say this woman has a sad smile and it makes me think her husband is mean to her. Like, for real. Are we sure he doesn’t have a Hoe on the Range that she doesn’t entirely know about? 

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

She probably doesn't care if her husband has a sidepiece because I think she's grooming her recently widowed FIL.

CharlizeCat what do you mean by "grooming her FIL" (chuck).

I'm afraid that I have to agree completely with CharlizeCat.  The way she speaks to Chuck, the way she teases him, tries to please him at every turn, and so much more, seems less like the way a daughter-in-law would act and more like a woman with some kind of an agenda would act.  As far fetched as it may seem, there are people in this world who can't get enough money or enough attention or enough power.  I think that Ree would willingly rule the world if given the chance.  Look at how she's promoted herself and made unbelievable money in her first 50 years!  It's not probable but it's just possible that she has much bigger plans than we realize.  It may be less far fetched than we think.

• Love 3

In the picture of her showing exploited cancer patient Hazel the rubber snake her face looks like a witch, she looks ugly. Is that Ladd in the pictures too? He looks like he is wearing glasses. I have never seen him in glasses. Is that him? 

11 hours ago, Dineen said:

Little Hazel was only there for PR purposes!!

Wasn't this a "Make a Wish" kind of thing?  If you look at their FB page they seemed very happy that Hazel got a chance to visit the ranch.

• Love 1

Yes it was a make a wish type of thing. I was just snarking that they probably had her over just to make themselves look sooooo compassionate. Her visit was a main story on her website. I am glad the little girl had a nice time.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I looked on her site, she has more frozen stuff out, appetizers, breakfast and side stuff, dips, bbq sauce. Make money!!

Do you have to go to Wally World to get it? The only one near me closed about 2 years ago. Not that I'd buy it, just curious enough to look at prices, ingredients, and what food conglomerate is producing it.

• Love 2

I think someone here said her stuff including food was being sold

On 9/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, Homily said:
  On 9/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I was at a discounter, that will not be named, and nearly all PW crockery and dishware were chipped on the shelves. It's terribly cheap stuff for everyday dishes

I don't know what store HOMILY is referring to.  Maybe she can tell us? I remember someone mentioned "price chopper." I don't know that store. I have seen her stuff at Walmart. Food too expensive for the portion size. Just typical frozen food. I don't remember who the manufacturer is. Later on or tomorrow I will try to  go near Walmart, will swing in and look for you. Or if someone else is going there, maybe they can look. I think many other frozen foods are cheaper, lean cuisine, and healthier too. 

12 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I think someone here said her stuff including food was being sold

I don't know what store HOMILY is referring to.  Maybe she can tell us? I remember someone mentioned "price chopper." I don't know that store. I have seen her stuff at Walmart. Food too expensive for the portion size. Just typical frozen food. I don't remember who the manufacturer is. Later on or tomorrow I will try to  go near Walmart, will swing in and look for you. Or if someone else is going there, maybe they can look. I think many other frozen foods are cheaper, lean cuisine, and healthier too. 

I saw it at both Walmart and Piggly Wiggly. It was front and center at the latter. 

I don't especially care where it's sold.  I won't be buying any.  I wouldn't be surprised if it sold fairly well, though, especially in her part of the country -- the Bible Belt.  She has a lot of support in that area.  A lot of those people seem eager to embrace a cook of their own who isn't just another chef from New York City.  Ina tried a food line but had problems getting it off the ground.  I think she could have been very successful if she could have kept her prices down and if she hadn't had so much trouble starting up.

• Love 1

Bacon put in ice cream is disgusting. I have seen this recipie before in magazines, never tried it. Has anyone ever  tried it? I have had "lavender ice cream" which is the ice cream boiled in lavender flowers. The flavor was almost not there. Almost non-existent. And it was expensive (in a nice restaurant). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

Bacon put in ice cream is disgusting. I have seen this recipie before in magazines, never tried it. Has anyone ever  tried it? I have had "lavender ice cream" which is the ice cream boiled in lavender flowers. The flavor was almost not there. Almost non-existent. And it was expensive (in a nice restaurant). 

I keep waiting for the bacon makes everything better craze to die.  No sign of it happening yet.  I've never tried lavender ice cream but I had lavender cupcakes at a wedding and liked them but to be honest don't really see what all the fuss is about but then :small voice: I don't like Red Velvet cake either...

I think Ree is sometimes obsessed with ice cream because she has her own store.  Some of her ice cream looks delicious to me, and at other times, I hate the thought of her wild ideas.  I have just a little suspicion that she's using us for market research.  She makes a weird one on her show and waits to see how fans like it.  If they don't, she forgets it.  If they do, she puts it on her ice cream store menu.  She's sneaky.

• Love 2

I don't know whether this topic has been covered already, but I must say something about Ree's ever changing pronunciation.  Sometimes Ree is cookin' and sometimes  she is cooking. Sometimes food is tinder, sometimes it is tender.  Sometimes she uses limons and sometimes she uses lemons.  Sometimes Ladd is at the pins and sometimes he is at the pens.  Sometimes she is assimbling a dish and sometimes she is assembling a dish.  Sometimes I think that she changes pronunciation to appear more cutesy and girlish and other times she uses more standard pronunciation.  Has anyone else noticed this?

• Love 7

Thank you, Lura.  Yes, her affectations are much more annoying than her high fat and high sugar creations.  I initially found the show charming and was intrigued by the concept of living in such an isolated manner.  The truth came out for me when she stated on one episode that she was making lunch for Chuck and the group so that they wouldn't have to go into town for lunch. Oh!  The isolated little ranch girl was just another affectation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, Dineen said:

What the hell is she wearing? A flowered half tent made by Omar the tent maker. Even poor Omar could not make a tent large enough for her obese body. 

I don't consider Ree to be obese.  Sometimes she looks like she's gained a little weight like most of us do, but obese?  Not to my eyes.

• Love 8
On 9/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, barbarag said:

The truth came out for me when she stated on one episode that she was making lunch for Chuck and the group so that they wouldn't have to go into town for lunch.

I don't think she ever said going into town was impossible - these people clearly live in their cars!  -  it's just not realistic.  It's not a ten minute drive and I doubt most people working on a ranch are going into the nearest town for their midday meals.

• Love 1

I agree, Homily.   Not too long ago, maybe on a repeat, Ree mentioned how far it is from the ranch to town, and it was much further than I had imagined.  I'm thinking she said it took 30-35 minutes if I remember correctly.

Like This Page · September 14 ·

Alex came home to watch her brother Zoolander play football last night. Huskies won! My sciatic nerve lost. Concrete bleachers and all. Did I just become someone who talks about her sciatic nerve on social media? Anyway, Huskies won and I love you Alex and Zoolander!

From her social media. Sciatic pain is bad.