Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E22: Homefront

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

When a 14-year-old foils a home invasion, Gibbs suspects the teenager is withholding pertinent details. Also, Director Vance and Senior FBI Agent Fornell travel to London as part of the ongoing escaped British spy case.

OMG they better not kill off Tobias!!!  Of course I had to cry when the father came home.  I'm tired of this show making me cry.

I missed Tony :(

• Love 9

If Tobias should die (not wishing for that, mind you), it would set up Gibbs to be guardian for his daughter, and allowing a new side of Gibbs to be seen: how he would have been with Kelly.

• Love 1

1) NOT FORNELL!

2) What did Fornell see in Gibbs refrigerator that tipped him off?

3)  Who is the mole? How many people knew about: Bringing the lady agent to the U.S., and that Gibbs' house would be the safe house?

• Love 1

Don't kill Toby!!!!   They've been building towards it all season and last week got a major dose of it but this episode it seemed like they went out of their way to highlight the Gibbs-McGee relationship.  I missed Tony though..he just brings a lightness to the show that Tim doesn't have.

I don't care if its acting,,,military family reunions always get to me

4 minutes ago, MDL said:

1) NOT FORNELL!

2) What did Fornell see in Gibbs refrigerator that tipped him off?

3)  Who is the mole? How many people knew about: Bringing the lady agent to the U.S., and that Gibbs' house would be the safe house?

he saw a muddy footprint.  If they make Tony the mole I will never watch the show again!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, pally said:

Don't kill Toby!!!!   They've been building towards it all season and last week got a major dose of it but this episode it seemed like they went out of their way to highlight the Gibbs-McGee relationship.  I missed Tony though..he just brings a lightness to the show that Tim doesn't have.

I don't care if its acting,,,military family reunions always get to me

he saw a muddy footprint.  If they make Tony the mole I will never watch the show again!

Thanks for the info.

As I watched the scene unfold, I knew that Tobias had seen "something", and was trying to subtly clue in the Lady agent to "get ready". Clever, but it looked to me like he talked way too long, and they weren't ready for the first shots fired at them.

• Love 3

I agree. He was way too slow in turning. It was almost a joke (except for the way it ended). And it was pretty ruthless. The lady was wounded 2-3 times and the bad guy still killed her. Pretty ruthless for NCIS.

• Love 1

Once again , the person, in this case the boy , escapes from NCIS "protective custody" -eye roll-, and as far as Gibb's house as being "safe" I immediately said to my husband " everybody gets into Gibb's house.  And Fornell and Vance being followed in England, who didnt see that coming?  I watch every week because I enjoy the characters , but the stupidity is getting a little ridiculous !

A Ziva mention in the previews, will that be Tony's out for leaving?

• Love 1
(edited)

"Where exactly is The Spy Who Loved Me?"

Damn, now that I know he's leaving, I kinda wanted to hear the Bond impressions.

And can we not kill Fornell? Is Gibbs gonna have to  bury every single person who was ever close to him? Damn.

Edited by minamurray78
spelling
  • Love 3

I think Tobias will survive.....they wouldn't destroy MW's exit with a funeral for Gibb's best friend, I don't think.  I've been wrong before.

Tonight's episode was a clear indication of why I have no interest in watching without MW.....just dull.  It wasn't a bad story, acting was fine, but Tony is my reason to watch, and I could barely get through tonight. Did a lot of FF'ing during McGee parts....

• Love 2

I will miss MW.  Still like McGee a lot.  Still find Bishop a major bore.  Much as a love the Gibbs character, I have no good thoughts about next season.  Think this will be the end for me.  This episode was strongest when Fornell, Gibbs and Vance were leading the action.  

Where's Jimmy??

FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stomach was cramped during the whole show...who was the mole? I thought it might have been the female MI6, something about her gave me a weird vibe.  Thought that Lawson was dirty.  MISSED MISSED!!!! TONY. And was pissed that he wasn't on, considering this is Michael's exit arc.  I mean, seriously, what the fuck?

And TomFucking!Morrow doesn't merit an onscreen funeral? What pissed me off more, was the fucking show, making him "dirty" by saying he covered up what female MI6 agent said.  NOT COOL, Glasberg. 

And Abby annoyed with her living rocks stuff.

• Love 2

Ironic isn't it: the lady was safe out in the beautifully lighted countryside with nothing but her sheep, but once she flies 8 hours to stay in the "safe house" that is Leroy Jethro Gibb's house, she gets killed before she can even take off her jacket.

i think they need to re-think that safe house thing. At least get a lock.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Ironic isn't it: the lady was safe out in the beautifully lighted countryside with nothing but her sheep, but once she flies 8 hours to stay in the "safe house" that is Leroy Jethro Gibb's house, she gets killed before she can even take off her jacket.

i think they need to re-think that safe house thing. At least get a lock.

Except she wasn't. She, her uncle, Leon, and Tobias were targeted and shot at. What saved them was the bleeping of her sheep.

• Love 1

What everyone else has said about Fornelle--there had better fucking be a miraculous recovery next week.  ::::giving NCIS writers the cyber hairy eyeball:::

On a lighter note, when Fornelle and Leon were at the cottage shootout, all I could think was Leon, "what IS it with cross agency dinner parties???"

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except she wasn't. She, her uncle, Leon, and Tobias were targeted and shot at. What saved them was the bleeping of her sheep.

You're right. Still, I find it beyond comprehension that anyone would find Gibbs' house safe. Also, and not go argue, but it is ironic that she wasn't killed in her house (yes, shot at), but is killed when she flies 8 hours to seek safety in Gibbs' house. And she's killed even before she can get comfortable. Ah, welcome to the USA.

• Love 1

This episode reminded me of what NCIS does wrong, namely "location" shots.  Could the MI6 woman's cottage be any more stereotypical of what the English countryside is thought to look like?  It's bad enough when the show is supposed to be in the metro DC area and we see obvious west coast landscape and mountains but that cottage was almost laughable to me, like a bad Disney movie.

• Love 5

I thought the MI6 woman was safe UNTIL Vance and Fornell went to go see her. I assumed one or both of them is being tracked.

I am definitely going to miss this show without Tony.

Fornell better not die.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

I think Tobias will survive.....they wouldn't destroy MW's exit with a funeral for Gibb's best friend, I don't think.  I've been wrong before.

Tonight's episode was a clear indication of why I have no interest in watching without MW.....just dull.  It wasn't a bad story, acting was fine, but Tony is my reason to watch, and I could barely get through tonight. Did a lot of FF'ing during McGee parts....

Really? Hating on McGee? Come on now.

• Love 1

So...is this mole the same mole that suddenly gets mentioned from time to time in NCIS: LA?

And seriously, with Agent Lee et al, how many moles can populate what is normally a very straight-laced, criminal investigative organization.  No wonder why no one wants to share information with NCIS and McGee has to hack all the other databases.

And the mole actively helps the British guy in his revenge plot?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stomach was cramped during the whole show...who was the mole? I thought it might have been the female MI6, something about her gave me a weird vibe.  Thought that Lawson was dirty.  MISSED MISSED!!!! TONY. And was pissed that he wasn't on, considering this is Michael's exit arc.  I mean, seriously, what the fuck?

And Abby annoyed with her living rocks stuff.

If I had to guess, I'd say that this was the episode when Michael was filming his pilot.  I don't think they'll kill Fornell.  The show's been renewed for two seasons, and we're getting two new characters.  MH really will be carrying the show until the newbie characters are established, so there's no upside to taking away Joe Spano and his chemistry and timing with Mark.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sean Murray was just looking...not good. I'm not sure what's going on, but he's younger than Michael Weatherly, yet Weatherly looks better than he does. His skin seems to be sagging from his face or something.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sean Murray was just looking...not good. I'm not sure what's going on, but he's younger than Michael Weatherly, yet Watherly looks better than he does. His skin seems to be sagging from his face or something.

To me it looks like he's lost weight again.  He did this a few seasons back and looked horrible so not sure why he would do it again?  Here's hoping the weight loss is his choice and not a medical issue.  I haven't noticed this in previous episodes since he put the weight or some of it back on and not sure why it was so obvious in this one?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, jzygayle said:

What everyone else has said about Fornelle--there had better fucking be a miraculous recovery next week.  ::::giving NCIS writers the cyber hairy eyeball:::

On a lighter note, when Fornelle and Leon were at the cottage shootout, all I could think was Leon, "what IS it with cross agency dinner parties???"

I spent the entire day in denial about Fornell (altho I also considered that Emily would have to live with Gibbs) and refuse to accept the premise. Aside from my love of Joe Spano ("The Lord wept."), it would be pretty heartless of CBS - the "family" channel - to orphan a teenager - in separate, violent deaths. And I agree with @minamurray78 that they cannot kill off everyone Gibbs has ever loved ever. 

Yes! It was like I was watching Papa David and Jackie all over again! Poor Vance is going to have PTSD every time he eats.

For those of you watching NCIS LA - do we think the mole is connected?

6 hours ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

So...is this mole the same mole that suddenly gets mentioned from time to time in NCIS: LA?

And seriously, with Agent Lee et al, how many moles can populate what is normally a very straight-laced, criminal investigative organization.  No wonder why no one wants to share information with NCIS and McGee has to hack all the other databases.

And the mole actively helps the British guy in his revenge plot?

3 hours ago, piedmontgirl said:

So now each NCIS show has a mole? Maybe it is the same person or persons.

I have to learn to read all the comments before I reply. The only person in common on both shows is Vance, I feel like. But why would he set himself up to be shot at.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sean Murray was just looking...not good. I'm not sure what's going on, but he's younger than Michael Weatherly, yet Watherly looks better than he does. His skin seems to be sagging from his face or something.

I thought same. He looked ill. Very shadowed cheekbones. :-( Hope he's ok. 

I like Bishop without bangs. That is the extent of my thoughts on her.

• Love 1

I hope Vance isn't the mole. His poor kids have been through enough. And that may be the nail in the coffin for me to be done with this show since MW is gone. I like Vance and that would suck and make no sense why he is the mole.

• Love 1

They better not kill off Tobias, darnitalltoheck!  It'd be bad enough seeing Tony leave.  Much less having Tony leave and also making Emily an orphan.  Not to mention, Fornell has always been one of my favorite characters on this show. 

I also didn't like how that final scene was set up.  They're staying at Gibbs' house?  Does he even have a lock on any of his doors?  I think more people have been in an out of that house than probably The Mall of America.  And almost as well known too.  :)  And when Fornell noticed something fishy about the 'frig and was trying to clue MI-6 lady about it, he still was way too slow about it and was caught unaware anyway.  Ugh.  So if they decided to ultimately kill him off, I wish they didn't do it with him so easily surprised like that.

No Tony either.  Sigh.  Guess it will give us a bit of a glimpse to life without DiNozzo when he does leave the show.   And it definitely felt like a large part of the show as missing when he wasn't around. 

The kid storyline was OK.  It was nice seeing McGee and him bond during their screen time together.  Didn't suspect the cop.  I thought it was mustached-guy.  So it was a bit of a twist there for me.

And wow..another mole?  I think they have more moles than the average garden has.  Or almost as much as the show "24" had, anyway.  ;)  I hope they don't string this out much longer.  And that I hope too the mole isn't a character like Tony or Vance, just to have some shock value about it.

As a final note, I can see the real reason why Gibbs doesn't want to be director.  Because even if you do survive your tenure there being kidnapped multiple times, once you retire you will most likely get shot by some baddie anyway.   At the very least, if he were ever made director, he might even *gasp* have to lock his front door finally!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, brgjoe said:

And wow..another mole?  I think they have more moles than the average garden has.  Or almost as much as the show "24" had, anyway.  ;)  I hope they don't string this out much longer.  And that I hope too the mole isn't a character like Tony or Vance, just to have some shock value about it.

Nailed it.

• Love 1
(edited)

As much as the bit about military families (I've already forgotten the name of the program) was a PSA, it moved me. I grew up a military brat when no one gave a fig about the soldiers, much less their families. I am happy that the families are getting some recognition these days.

As hokey as it was - I loved the sheep being the early warning system.

We'll see why Morrow buried the information next time I guess. He probably had a good explanation. Of course, the thing that bothers given that a sniper took out the guy's wife is that the only sniper we know on the show (unless I've forgotten some) is Gibbs.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, clanstarling said:

...the thing that bothers given that a sniper took out the guy's wife is that the only sniper we know on the show (unless I've forgotten some) is Gibbs.

Are you talking about the woman found dead in the garage?  That wasn't a sniper, unless she opened the garage doors and was shot (while in front of the car) and then the sniper went in and closed the garage doors.

I thought that it looked like the woman started the car and then realized that a shooter was in the garage with her and tried to make a run for the door leading back into the house.  (That still doesn't make sense.  How did the shooter get into the garage?  The big door was down, so the only other way in was through the house, and why not shoot her there?)

3 hours ago, clanstarling said:

We'll see why Morrow buried the information next time I guess. He probably had a good explanation. Of course, the thing that bothers given that a sniper took out the guy's wife is that the only sniper we know on the show (unless I've forgotten some) is Gibbs.

I think @clanstarling meant the escaped MI6 baddie (?Jacob?) who we assume is picking off the group of people one by one - He's picking them off because his wife was killed by a sniper during the set up to find out who jacob was selling to. I think Clan is surmising that the wife being killed by a sniper does not bode well for Gibbs as he is the only sniper we have met on the show. (Altho I would think he would have fessed up by now. Or --since he is not yet privy to all the details from England sheep shootout, maybe he hasn't put it together.)

2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Are you talking about the woman found dead in the garage?  That wasn't a sniper, unless she opened the garage doors and was shot (while in front of the car) and then the sniper went in and closed the garage doors.

I thought that it looked like the woman started the car and then realized that a shooter was in the garage with her and tried to make a run for the door leading back into the house.  (That still doesn't make sense.  How did the shooter get into the garage?  The big door was down, so the only other way in was through the house, and why not shoot her there?)

I remember no garage. Have I lost my mind? The mom did not die. (She will never not be Becca from OLTL, even tho she was Michelle Dessler much longer. RIP)

I just feel like when they're vetting safe houses one of the questions should be "has the resident owner been the specific target of ≥5 terrorist attacks by paramilitary organizations on third parties in the past decade?"

• Love 12
3 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I think @clanstarling meant the escaped MI6 baddie (?Jacob?) who we assume is picking off the group of people one by one - He's picking them off because his wife was killed by a sniper during the set up to find out who jacob was selling to. I think Clan is surmising that the wife being killed by a sniper does not bode well for Gibbs as he is the only sniper we have met on the show. (Altho I would think he would have fessed up by now. Or --since he is not yet privy to all the details from England sheep shootout, maybe he hasn't put it together.)

I remember no garage. Have I lost my mind? The mom did not die. (She will never not be Becca from OLTL, even tho she was Michelle Dessler much longer. RIP)

Pretty close - what I think the former MI6 woman said was that the sniper who killed Jacob's (?) wife was unknown, and Morrow had been less than forthcoming with MI6. Which puts the sniper possibly in the NCIS camp - which lead to Gibbs who is the only sniper (IIRC) we've been introduced to. However, I'm not sure I believe Gibbs was the actual sniper, but that Jacob may believe he was. I've had some time, and some coffee, to think.

Thank you for also being confused about the garage - I was wondering if I'd posted in the wrong topic.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm the one posting in the wrong forum.  I'm thinking of a step mother found dead in a garage with the doors down and the car running, like she was going to leave and then tried to run back into the house before being shot.

I think I'm getting my shows mixed up.  Carry on, I'm going to slink into lurker mode for a while.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Julia said:

I just feel like when they're vetting safe houses one of the questions should be "has the resident owner been the specific target of ≥5 terrorist attacks by paramilitary organizations on third parties in the past decade?"

Legit LOL'd.

• Love 2

NCIS is as good in safe-housing as 24 was at maintaining a perimenter!

Whoever the mole is probably hijacked the information Tony left in London to get them to the Lady Spy's cottage to kill them all together.

Stop killing off everyone, Show, just to get us to hear the name of Sainted Ziva again.

• Love 2

"Hashtag livingrocks" = "hashtag thisstorylinesucks." Abby has always been a soft-hearted, quirky character, but all of the "I want to acknowledge this that and the other great qualities you have..." felt so forced that it was almost insulting, both to the audience and to PP for having to deliver those lines. Abby works better when her avowals of love or friendship or respect are natural reactions to something else happening in the dialogue or the plot. Granted, killing off Morrow was perhaps a bit shocking to Abby, who would take it personally regardless of the limited relationship she would have had with him, but to have that serve as the catalyst for an entire carpe diem campaign was amazingly cheesy and out of character even for Abby. Or, wait, maybe it was just the way the lines were written, that it was a scripted speech of sorts, which always started the same way, and then the hashtag at the end of every declaration of admiration. Yeah, it's the scriptedness (and, yes, everything in a television show is scripted, but that hashtag junk was annoyingly meta) that triggers my hate. Carry on...

12 minutes ago, binky101 said:

"Hashtag livingrocks" = "hashtag thisstorylinesucks." Abby has always been a soft-hearted, quirky character, but all of the "I want to acknowledge this that and the other great qualities you have..." felt so forced that it was almost insulting, both to the audience and to PP for having to deliver those lines.

Especially since she made pretty much the identical speech when Jenny died.

Holy shitballs!!! This episode!! This is what I get for being behind. I'm a bit surprised that Tony wasn't in this episode at all, given that it's the third to last episode, but it certainly is setting up to be a nail biting finale. These last couple episodes should be awesome. 

I'm a bit pissed that poor MI6 agent flew over only to be shot in Gibbs' house, though that whole sequence was brilliantly done (ngl, I was kind of thinkin she and Fornell might be nice together, given he's date again). And Fornell, nooooooooo! Please do not kill off Tobias, show! I will be pissed! 

I like McGee drawing on his experience as a military brat to bond with the kid. The PSA was also fairly well done, for a PSA. I'm not sure why people where all upset over the Michelle Obama making an appearance on the show; it worked within the bounds of the story. I would looooove to see the behind the scenes with MO and MH-- I feel like he would have been smiling a lot. 

• Love 2