Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Kimmy Kidnaps Gretchen!

I need Titus to just be a gay Yoda for more guys. I would watch a whole series about Titus showing newly out men the ropes of being gay. Mikey was just so adorable and I ship those two so hard.

Of course Kimmy was able to come up with a song about the bunny and kitty instantly. It's why I adore her.

I now understand why Gretchen should never make her own decisions. Though Gretchen doing cocaine with a junkyard Elmo was so wonderful. Please let there be a spinoff about Gretchen's cult. I would watch the hell out of that.

• Love 9

The "buy the world a Coke" line was everything.

I love Mikey, and I really hope the Titus/Mikey relationship is meant to be long-term. He was in the flashforward in the first episode so I guess it is! And I love Lillian playing matchmaker.

Gretchen becoming her own cult leader was everything. I'm wondering who Tina Fey knew in her real life named Gretchen, because there are some strong similarities between the Gretchen on this show and Gretchen in Mean Girls. The core of both characters is the aimlessness they have when they don't have someone telling them what to do. The only difference is that this Gretchen went on to start her own cult, while Mean Girls Gretchen just joined another clique at school.

Great sight gag: Titus with curlers on his scalp.

• Love 9

Please let there be a spinoff about Gretchen's cult. I would watch the hell out of that.

At least a webisode or something! She DID recruit more followers for the reverend at a Lucille Roberts, so she'll find followers quickly, I'm sure.

• Love 2

"The Reverend was s psycho liar who claims he came up with the 'buy the world a Coke' commercial!"

I think I have a new favorite line. God I miss Mad Men. 

Yes yes YES to the spin off of the cult of Gretchen. Her spree of decisions (which just keep getting worse) was great. As was the Cosmotology commercials, and Gretchen moving her hand around, "moving it with her mind". 

I am so pumped to see the construction guy again! His attempts at being gay were hilarious, and pretty adorable. 

• Love 5

"The Reverend was s psycho liar who claims he came up with the 'buy the world a Coke' commercial!"

I think I have a new favorite line. God I miss Mad Men.

Sigh, I didn't really make the Mad Men connection until I remember who played the Reverend. Nice call-back to Season 1.

• Love 5

I may have to binge-watch Bunny and Kitty next.

I immediately recognized Dean Winters' voice ("Hey dummy!") but I had to go to IMDB.com to find out the Kitty was...PATRICK STEWART.

Netflix, please make this a show NOW. 

Side note: if the Apple Watch could turn my voice into Frasier, I would have bought you ages ago. 

• Love 8

Am I the only one who can't get the Bunny & Kitty lyrics out of their brain? "Bunny and kitty, being best friends..."

ElectricBoogaloo, on 17 Apr 2016 - 02:37 AM, said:

When Lillian yelled, "Liar!" I took it as a Princess Bride shoutout.

Ha!  I heard it the same way!

• Love 1

Great sight gag: Titus with curlers on his scalp.

I had to pause this scene to crack up for a full minute. Titus as his "cocoon goo" self.

Love this show, but I'm totally here for Titus!

• Love 5
Was this the first time we heard Lillian's last name?  I straight up guffawed

We first heard it last season, when Lillian and Jacqueline were going on their road trip to Durnsville. 

Edited by reggiejax

Titus with rollers on his scalp sent me into a fit of giggles. And when he unrolled them I DIED!!

I've never seen Mad Men but I recently went to World of Coke in Atlanta and the commercial and song for 'buy the world a coke' play a few times as you are wandering the museum so that was hilarious to me.

Love,love, love that the clue Mikey and Titus were trying to get into was called SCOTUS. 

• Love 6

I think this wad my favourite episode so far. I laughed alot to the point where i think i missed a bunch of jokes. Totally reminded me why its one of my favourite shows.

Even the little stuff was really good like Kimmy's friend having to remind kimmy hoe they know each other.

• Love 1

LOVED Gretchen's "You're going to hell" after Kimmy convinced her to start her own cult. And I like that we're seeing growth from Kimmy, that she realizes that her way isn't everyone's way--and that she doesn't get to decide how everyone else lives their life.

And Mike is ADORABLE! I don't ship him hard with Titus…yet, but I want him happy. I thought it was so cute that he came over four hours early for wardrobe advice.

• Love 1
On April 17, 2016 at 8:52 AM, mtlchick said:

I immediately recognized Dean Winters' voice ("Hey dummy!") but I had to go to IMDB.com to find out the Kitty was...PATRICK STEWART.

Patrick Stewart was definitely one of the voices on the watch app. But Kitty sounded like Will Arnett to me, and when I checked IMDB, it said he was.

• Love 2

I would watch the hell out of Bunny & Kitty, with Will Arnett and Dean Winters as the voices.  In particular, the idea of Winters as a bunny just made me laugh and laugh.

Cool seeing Gretchen again, and it was interesting seeing at least one of the mole women struggle to adjust back to the real world, and fall back into another cult.  And then when Kimmy tries to free her and have her make her own decisions, she just makes it worse.  In a very strange way, having Gretchen form her own cult is probably the best option for her at the moment.  Hope we see more of her and what becomes of the cult.

Glad Mikey came back, and Titus might actually try and at least attempt to make a go with an actual relationship with him.  The actor really is doing a great job with him.  I like how he still doesn't understand some stuff about gay culture, and wants Titus' help, like with outfits and who holds the door for the other.

The "buy the world a Coke commercial" was a spectacular shout-out to Jon Hamm's time on Mad Men.

Is that app a real thing?  Probably not, but I would so buy it so I can have Patrick Stewart repeat everything I ever said.

• Love 1

"Now that's what I call a MILF!"

"Don't tell us what you think it stands for!!"

"MY INTERESTING LADY FRIEND!!!"

"We already know it's wrong!!!!"

Their interaction is great. Why didn't I start watching this show earlier?

• Love 2