Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Uh-huh. I really didn't want to get this personal, nor am I looking for sympathy, but it got my Dad too, Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. The upside is he lived, I think, at least 5-6 years after diagnosis.

My sympathies.   I lost my grandfather, stepbrother and stepfather to cancer.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, navelgazer said:

I loved him in the Millennium series/movies.  Daniel Craig was too buff and cut to be Mikael Blomqvist.  I also liked Nyqvist in Abduction, a starring vehicle for then-hot Twilighter Taylor Lautner.  

My dad, aged 73, is now fighting lymphoma, so joining in the Fuck Cancer chorus.  

Oh, the mini-series! Had to look that up because I was positive it was Lance Henriksen. Different tv series.

• Love 2

Some Simone Veil career highlights:

Here is her speech in favor of abortion being legal:

Her answer to Le Pen (père) and the FN/far right in 1979:

• Love 6

Skip (Skippy) Homeier was a child star who got his start in radio sitcoms, but his first claim to fame was as the creepy little Nazi boy who comes to live with his American relatives in Tomorrow, the World.

(edited)

RIP, Van. I'm not sure young people today derive the same sort of comfort from local news anchors the way many of us did in the 70s and 80s. 

It also puts me in mind of Joe Carcione the Greengrocer and his veja-tobbles. I think I sometimes watched the news just for his segments.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

90 is a very good age to reach- especially since she had substance abuse issues for a good part of her young adulthood and middle age. I wonder if she got with Joan Howard Mauer ( Moe Howard's daughter who's still with us) and compared notes on famous sibling comedy acts? I mean the two ladies both wrote very telling and humorous books about their respective fathers and uncles. BTW, Mrs. Allen was among the last folks around who could verify firsthand that her uncle Harpo (born Adolph [!]) COULD speak-and, in fact had a richer, lower tone than even her father Groucho (born Julius).

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

39 is far, far, far too young.  Condoliences to his friends and family.

The same age my youngest brother was when pneumonia took him unexpectedly.  And yes, FAR too young!

• Love 3
(edited)

Condolences to Stan Lee. He may have created Marvel Comics, but Joan-his wife of 69 years-was the real superhero. 

RIP, Joan.

Nelsan Ellis is a shock. So talented, too soon. As True Blood's Lafayette might say, "RIP, hooker. RIP."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Nelsan Ellis is a shock. So talented, too soon. As True Blood's Lafayette might say, "RIP, hooker. RIP."

So true! This makes me so sad. 

He was a case where the tv version of a character was 10000x better than the book version of the character. And it was all because of him.  I mean, he was so good they extended his life beyond what is was in the books. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

I am so sad. I was just watching him last night in an episode of Elementary(I'm a season behind) and I was going to look him up on IMDB and see if he was in any shows now. 39 is just way too young. 

• Love 1

Nelsan Ellis' passing is so sad. He was a fantastic actor, easily my favorite on True Blood. So charismatic with perfect comedic timing and he could bring so much depth to dramatic moments. He had striking eyes, too, the man was downright beautiful. RIP.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, slf said:

Nelsan Ellis' passing is so sad. He was a fantastic actor, easily my favorite on True Blood. So charismatic with perfect comedic timing and he could bring so much depth to dramatic moments. He had striking eyes, too, the man was downright beautiful. RIP.

He was fantastic.  How did he die so young of heart failure?  Such a loss.

• Love 1

Sad that he died in prison and it probably wasn't a painless death (or fast) with multiple organ failure. There's also so much that probably has never been published. Thx for all the clickable links @BW Manilowe.