Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

I saw that too and didn't mention it for exactly the reasons you stated.  Things didn't seem to add up. That is unless William Frawley had a secret family hidden away  in Texas. The dog (LOL).  

IMDB says that the recently deceased James Frawley was NOT the son of Bill. Although it's known that the latter Mr. Frawley was by no means a monk after his 1927 divorce,  AFAIK, no one has claimed to be a Mertz spawn in the decades before/after the man's 1966 demise! However; there were folks who claimed to be Lincoln Assassin  John Wilkes Booth's offspring despite the fact that Mr. Booth had never married but he was quite the player in his day! One would think that individuals would be more eager to claim the heritage of a legendary sitcom curmudgeon than a Presidential assassin but this does not seem to have been the case! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

One would think that individuals would be more eager to claim the heritage of a legendary sitcom curmudgeon than a Presidential assassin but this does not seem to have been the case! 

Maybe they don't want to explain things to Ethel's kin.  ;-)

• Love 5

That is so sad about Kristoff St. John. I know his son dying at that hospital really affected him as the ebony article stated. The Exec. Producer that was recently fired on Y&R got rid of a of veteran actors on the show in one way or another the past few years so having less work to do probably didn't help Kristoff's mental health either. He always seemed like such a nice guy in interviews in both print and on screen. I wonder if they'll address it on the show and how they'll do it. His character Neil was living off screen for the most part to be close to Lily who's in prison. Since the previous EP's firing it seemed as if KSJ was going to be around more. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Kristoff St. John who played Neil Winters for years on The Young and Restless has passed away.

OMG!  Y&R used to be a favorite of mine.  I also remember when Neil came on the show.  Though I haven't watched for years, I did know Kristoff never recovered from his son death.  So, so, sad. R.I.P. Mr. St. John.  

47 minutes ago, CarolinaPam said:

Julie Adams, Damsel in Distress in "Creature From the Black Lagoon", Dies at 92.

She was regular guest star on Perry Mason too.  R.I.P. Ms. Adams.

• Love 7

I can't believe it. I just read about Kristoff St. John. WTH? I know that he was troubled after the death of his son. I hope that he is at peace now.

19 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Carmen was such a talented actress. I loved her portrayal of Iris on Another World. Rest in peace.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Sad news about Kristoff St. John.  I remember him and his ex-wife going on Entertainment Tonight to speak about the loss of their son and how incredibly broken he seemed then.  I'm not a Y&R viewer, but this death is hitting me hard.  RIP

Never a soap viewer myself. However; I remember seeing him playing the teen frenemy of the younger title character in the Saturday morning sitcom Big John/ Little John (which starred Herb 'It's me, Stan' Edelman and Robbie 'Cousin Oliver' Rist playing a 40-something middle school teacher who'd consumed the Fountain of Youth that would temporarily have him revert to a 12-year-old at the worst times  then age back again but tried to vainly cover it by claiming to be his own 'nephew' ). Anyway, I have to say that Mr. St. John played the character with more depth and layers than the rather simple scripts gave him for what was a somewhat thankless role. At least it seemed to have gotten him noticed enough to  eventually be  able to have a longterm role as an adult performer. Hopefully, he's now reunited with his son. RIP, Mr. St. John. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CarolinaPam said:

When I was a kid my school library had those old movie monster books and looking through the one for "Creature of the Black Lagoon"

61rloczm3HL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I saw her picture in one and immediately crushed on her. She was so beautiful.

10499539_1.jpg?v=8CE714124B67990

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I am shocked by this. No words.

2 hours ago, CarolinaPam said:

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I remember when Kristoff St. John started on Y & R.   he was the new hot young guy.    So sad at his passing.   Far too young.

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

OMG!  Y&R used to be a favorite of mine.  I also remember when Neil came on the show.  Though I haven't watched for years, I did know Kristoff never recovered from his son death.  So, so, sad. R.I.P. Mr. St. John.  

She was regular guest star on Perry Mason too.  R.I.P. Ms. Adams.

I remember St. John as a wee on Happy Days. And Adams was more of a regular on Murder, She Wrote, than Perry Mason, Post Capitol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I am shocked by this. No words.

I remember St. John as a wee on Happy Days. And Adams was more of a regular on Murder, She Wrote, than Perry Mason, Post Capitol.

Julie Adams was on Murder, She Wrote towards the end of its run, I think. There was a time they gave Angela Lansbury’s Jessica Fletcher friends (or women who seemed like friends) who were, like, 2-3 women who apparently patronized the same hair salon as Jessica & they would gossip, which would sometimes or often give Jessica help in solving the mystery of the week. Julie Adams was 1 of the women.

• Love 5

Victoria Rowell played Neil's most prominent love interest/wife, Drucilla, until quitting Y&R in 2007. There's a lot of dispute about the claims she's made against the show since her departure, specifically about racism (while also seeming to indicate she would return to the show), and there have been a LOT of her former co-stars who have criticized her in the years since, but I have no doubt she's devastated by this loss. 

• Love 15

The two people I immediately thought of upon learning of Kristoff’s death were Victoria and Shemar Moore. I know he stayed close to both after they each left YR. I hope they have their own people to lean on while they grieve. 

It’s been years since I watched that show but I always loved Neil. I loved him with Dru, with Victoria, and having brother scenes with Malcolm. Kristoff always seemed like a lovely man and we’ll miss him. 

Julie Adams is another tough loss. Guillermo Del Toro gave her a lovely tribute. For those who don’t know, it was watching her in Creature From The Black Lagoon that caused the spark that would one day become Shape Of Water. Little Guillermo misinterpreted the creature as being in love with Julie as she swam above him. For me, though, she will always be Eve Simpson on Murder She Wrote and I mourn the loss of one of the gossip queens from Loretta’s Beauty Parlor. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Julie Adams was on Murder, She Wrote towards the end of its run, I think. There was a time they gave Angela Lansbury’s Jessica Fletcher friends (or women who seemed like friends) who were, like, 2-3 women who apparently patronized the same hair salon as Jessica & they would gossip, which would sometimes or often give Jessica help in solving the mystery of the week. Julie Adams was 1 of the women.

No, she was around during the early years on the series whenever they were in Cabot Cove. They moved Jessica to New York in the last few seasons and we didn't see as much of Cabot Cove then. And I know who her character was as I watched the show during its initial run and even now in syndication,.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she was around during the early years on the series whenever they were in Cabot Cove. They moved Jessica to New York in the last few seasons and we didn't see as much of Cabot Cove then. And I know who her character was as I watched the show during its initial run and even now in syndication,.

Thanks for the correction. Apologies for apparently ruffling your feathers with my post.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think she and Kristoff had issues. They worked together in some TV movies after she left Y&R.

I never really watched Y&R much but when I did, I moved KSJ.

I thought I had seen something at one point about him speaking out about her critically in the years after she left Y&R, but I could be completely wrong.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, UYI said:

Victoria Rowell played Neil's most prominent love interest/wife, Drucilla, until quitting Y&R in 2007. There's a lot of dispute about the claims she's made against the show since her departure, specifically about racism (while also seeming to indicate she would return to the show), and there have been a LOT of her former co-stars who have criticized her in the years since

With all the crap going on at CBS, I hope those coworkers who doubted her are feeling awfully stupid!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, UYI said:

One more from Shemar Moore on his onscreen Y&R brother, Kristoff St. John. 

I was wondering when he was going to say something....that was beautiful and shouldn't have been listened to at work.

I'm not crying.

I'm not!

• Love 12

James Reynolds (Abe on Days of our Lives) played Kristoff St. John's father on Generations, the first (and to this day, only) daytime soap with a predominately African-American cast.

• Love 15

It is the day after I am still shaken up by Kristoff St. John's death. I have been reading all the tributes to him by celebrities, people who have worked with and known him for many years, even decades. They are heart broken at his passing. I had forgotten that he was a child star who had appeared in Charlie & Company with Flip Wilson and Gladys Knight and The Bad News Bears. Rest in peace, Kristoff.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I was wondering when he was going to say something....that was beautiful and shouldn't have been listened to at work

I'm having a hard time reading the tributes to Kristoff St. John.  It's not only just incredibly sad, but it's also bringing back memories of my late grandmother who forbade anyone talking to her whenever Y&R was on.  

• Love 17
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Adams was more of a regular on Murder, She Wrote, than Perry Mason, Post Capitol.

To clarify my meaning, I didn't mean she was a regular along the lines of Karl Held's useless David Gideon.  I meant she was amongst a group of actors who regularly turned up on the show playing various roles i.e. Gloria Talbott, Constance Towers, and Rebecca Wells along with many others.  Held and Towers, BTW, as of today are still with us.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

To clarify my meaning, I didn't mean she was a regular along the lines of Karl Held's useless David Gideon.  I meant she was amongst a group of actors who regularly turned up on the show playing various roles i.e. Gloria Talbott, Constance Towers, and Rebecca Wells along with many others.  Held and Towers, BTW, as of today are still with us.  

Ahhhh! Got it! Yes l, there were a number of actors who appeared as different characters over the years.

• Love 1
On 2/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, SimoneS said:

I can't believe it. I just read about Kristoff St. John. WTH? I know that he was troubled after the death of his son. I hope that he is at peace now.

Carmen was such a talented actress. I loved her portrayal of Iris on Another World. Rest in peace.

I loved Carmen as Iris too.  I think of her in the church after Mac's funeral on AW and her crying.

Edited by danderson400
  • Love 4

I know Kristoff St. John was grieving for his son, but if it was to the extent that he didn't want to live anymore, I feel sorry for his other family members, especially his two daughters, who might be wondering were they not worth living for?

I am truly sorry that he had to go through so much grief and pain, but I just wanted to put that out there.   

• Love 6
20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Here's the thing, when someone is so depressed that they feel their life is not worth living, they feel that they are a burden to their family and friends; that they would be better off if they were not there.  If this was indeed a deliberate overdose, I expect that Kristoff was feeling that his daughters would be happier, would be better off, if he were dead.  Living is so painful for someone in that state of mind that they cannot see anything else but the harm they feel their pain is causing to themselves and everyone around them.  In his grief and misery, Kristoff may have felt that killing himself was a kindness for his kids and the rest of the world.

Yes, I hear what you're saying, but it's from his perspective, not from his family's.  My point was that his daughters, in particular, might be wondering if they were worth living for. 

• Love 2

Bob Massi - lawyer and TV personality has died.  

I knew Bob as he was my attorney (handling real estate issues and wills/trusts) and was a godsend when I needed legal help.  He also did a weekly segment on our morning show to answer legal questions from viewers and was a huge presence in the legal community.  I noticed he hadn't been doing the segments for a few months and it was due to cancer.

Chances are you've seen Bob on FNC for legal commentary and on FBN with his "Property Man" series.

He was one of the nicest guys I'd ever met and was an awesome attorney.  My father was the first in the family to seek him out for legal help and came to tell me that Bob was the only lawyer he ever liked!  He was honest, straightforward and didn't charge you because he was briefly discussing a case on the golf course.  He was the real deal and the legal profession lost one of its best. 

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ahhhh! Got it! Yes l, there were a number of actors who appeared as different characters over the years.

And quite a number who went on, or previously had, such a career, they would be included in TCM Remembers.