Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

Not having seen this episode but I wonder if he works for some sort of religious organization that would not hire someone who is gay so getting married "proves" he's not?  And she's going along with it for reasons of her own?  Too Dr Phil?

He said that they either had to have lived together 2 years or be married for her to come with him.  That doesn't sound like a religious organization to me.  I think he might've been talking about her getting a visa to live there, especially since it sounded like she wasn't planning to work.  He had a job and would've gotten a work visa, but, if she was going to accompany him, I suspect the rules were that they either had to have a history of cohabitation or a marriage license.

They both seemed pretty naïve and immature.  They said that neither one had ever lived apart from their parents, both lived at home while in college.  She was worried about how to shop for food and plan meals, for goodness' sakes!  They must've been really sheltered, and, in that case, I think moving thousands of miles away from home was not such a good idea.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she is already back in the US at mom and dad's.

The apartment they chose would be a real challenge, even for a couple who knew each other very well and were accustomed to spending a lot of time together.  I cannot picture 2 people who seemed to have had very little time together on an everyday basis making that work well.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

They must've been really sheltered, and, in that case, I think moving thousands of miles away from home was not such a good idea. 

I think you're right about the Visa reason for their marriage.

I actually think moving thousands of miles away from home for a while is not a terrible idea. Some people can learn independence close to their parents but for others, moving far away is the perfect test of learning what you're capable of.

• Love 4

After seeing the eye candies that are the "real estate agents" from Bressanone and Stockholm, I decided to google the names Agostino Oberhofer and Joel Pettersson and went directly to the Images results, which confirm my suspicion that these guys aren't agents at all.  Really, I don't mind the show putting pretty faces on (and they are so purty), but it just reinforces how artificial the made-up background stories and house hunts are.  Still, I watch every new show because I do enjoy seeing foreign properties. 

Edited by Ritalin Smoothie
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

Not having seen this episode but I wonder if he works for some sort of religious organization that would not hire someone who is gay so getting married "proves" he's not?  And she's going along with it for reasons of her own?  Too Dr Phil?

He was working for an international school so it wouldn’t be a religious school. I thought it was a visa requirement.

• Love 1

Florida to Vietnam

* The agent looked like she was 14 years old.

* When you're in your 60s, declaring that you were an only child makes you look silly.

* What was wrong with the size of the refrigerator? There's just two of them and there's fresh food on the streets.

* Likable couple.

* No mention of the kids coming to visit. I think they were glad to be free of those boys.

* At the oven-less place, no whining about not being able to cook a Thanksgiving turkey

• Love 6

Yeah, I thought giving up tenure was kinda crazy, too. They didn't look that far off from retirement age, so they could have postponed the move a few years. I thought the woman was a bit pushy, especially when she asked the agent who was the boss in her relationship, and she rather embarrassedly replied, "both of us." 

• Love 2

Florida to Vietnam: These 2 were 60 and 62 (she said she was 15 when they met in 1973)- giving up tenure is insane, unless one of them inherited money recently. And from what they showed, it appeared these were 2 more English teacher jobs, which can't pay well. Also, their sons looked more like their grandkids, late teens/early 20's. 

They never revealed what it was they liked so much about Vietnam, and it was a bit hard to figure from the home choice they made, which could have been anywhere- pretty sterile. 

• Love 2
On ‎09‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, ML89 said:

Canada to Stockholm: They are certifiable, frankly. That tiny studio where someone has to crawl over the other person to go to the bathroom at night versus either of the other two apartments? When they've never even lived together or even out of their homes? That third place was on budget. There's not a bus that goes by so he doesn't have to walk to school? What does she do all day?

I don't give them six months. I don't understand why they married at all and that place was a recipe for disaster. He's Mister Impulsive and she's a wet blanket. He's also way way too much. I'm really beginning to feel such sympathy for these sales agents.

On the other hand, that real estate agent was HOT!!!!

16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He said that they either had to have lived together 2 years or be married for her to come with him.  That doesn't sound like a religious organization to me.  I think he might've been talking about her getting a visa to live there, especially since it sounded like she wasn't planning to work.  He had a job and would've gotten a work visa, but, if she was going to accompany him, I suspect the rules were that they either had to have a history of cohabitation or a marriage license.

They both seemed pretty naïve and immature.  They said that neither one had ever lived apart from their parents, both lived at home while in college.  She was worried about how to shop for food and plan meals, for goodness' sakes!  They must've been really sheltered, and, in that case, I think moving thousands of miles away from home was not such a good idea.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she is already back in the US at mom and dad's.

The apartment they chose would be a real challenge, even for a couple who knew each other very well and were accustomed to spending a lot of time together.  I cannot picture 2 people who seemed to have had very little time together on an everyday basis making that work well.

This is what I assumed as well, it was a visa issue.

She talked about how, now that the weather was better, they spent all their time outside and it was great.  All I could think was "How many months is the weather that nice in Stockholm?  What are you going to do in the winter when you're both stuck in that tiny apartment all the time?".

• Love 2
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

What are you going to do in the winter when you're both stuck in that tiny apartment all the time?".

Discover pretty quickly that getting married without ever having lived on your own is a bad idea?

• Love 13

I have been binge watching HHI tonight.....wow, is everyone worried about friends and family visiting! In the Amsterdam episode, if that woman had mentioned the second bedroom another time, I think I would have thrown something at the television. (I just went back and read the comments and y'all all said the same thing. That canal apt was amazing....wonder how many guests they have had? Then there was the couple(he was a teacher) who were moving to right outside of London....she wanted to live over a pub????? ....thank goodness they chose the place with the lovely garden area. Commonsense reigned! My question is this.....what is the difference in a 30 minute walk to work vs a 30 minute ride? Yes, it is further away but they are in England, where it rains....a lot...being on a bus or metro seems like a much better answer than walking to me. The one other I wondered about(I think it was the Paris grad student who wanted to live in Paris and commute forever everyday to Versailles) who had to have a 2 bedroom so the baby would have his own room....did you notice that at the end, they were not using the second bedroom for him...they had a portacrib in their bedroom...much ado about nothing! The other show I watched was the Miami to Switzerland couple...they were going so that their son could get to know the paternal grandparents. I could not believe the husband wanted to rent a place to impress people...I am glad that the wife convinced him that the $1700 a month place was better for them than the $2950 one! Just think what one can do with an extra $1250 a month. Hoping he isn't really that materialistic in real life!! I only have two episodes to watch and then I will be caught up....thank goodness!

• Love 5

Calgary to Stockholm episode: The wife talked a little too much about needing her own space, and some of her reactions to her husband came across pretty negative. I don't think she's into this marriage. I was glad they didn't take the expensive place, but the middle pla ce could have been OK. That studio is really, really small. Especially if you aren't really into your partner.

On the plus side, I always enjoy the Stockholm episodes. Beautiful place.

• Love 5

Regarding the great idea of getting all our favorite "agents" (most of the ones we like are apparently real agents, unlike others)  together for a conversation show - - would like to see practical, tell-it-like-it-is Roz from Amsterdam  join colorful Adrian from Paris, and especially hot Luc from southern France,  sarcastic Richard from London, that attractive very British guy who used to be in the London episodes (the one cuddling the dog in the old promos), cute, funny James from Cork...  and Tamiel from Puerto Vallarta who can barely keep a straight face sometimes. 

Oh... well, I thought I watched HHI for the location and houses.....!    Who am I forgetting?    There are some new cute agents in the mix too. 

• Love 3
On 9/25/2018 at 10:57 PM, Koalagirl said:

Santa Barbara to Bressanone Italy.  Was the daughter Aleca overacting - otherwise what the hell was her problem.  Even her dog looked disgusted with her.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, rlc said:

How did that obnoxious daughter come from that delightful woman?

Tammy Try-Too-Hard was sooooo unpleasant. And I despise people who carry around dogs like they were fashion accessories. There were a couple of times the "real estate agent" had this absolutely incredulous look on his face at her behavior. And please, stop ranting about your mother's friends. She's a grown woman. Also, let that awful perm grow out. 

On 9/26/2018 at 11:05 PM, Pickles said:

Canada to Stockholm newlywed couple. Not entirely sure this coupling is going to work out. She seemed really homesick for her parents and special needs brother. Didn’t sound like she said yes to the proposal right away. Had only been married 3 weeks. She wanted personal space. Did not end up getting any in that studio apartment. The husband drove me a little crazy with his exuberance and some goofiness. I would need personal space too.

I bet she's already moved back to Canada. She cried on camera when talking about her brother and not being there to help her parents. There's no way she's overcoming that level of guilt at leaving them.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:06 PM, rlc said:

Calgary to  Stockholm: Why oh why did this 12 year old girl marry someone she clearly can’t stand? Gross.

She even said "gross" when the husband carried her over the threshold in the first apartment and kissed her. Then she apologized to the "realtor" for having to witness that behavior.

Catching up on a few others:

Couple moving to Mexico: They were all right, but his enthusiasm was a little too over the top, and there was one phrase he kept saying (I've blocked it from my memory now) that I wanted to smack him for saying over and over and over.

Germany couple: I like opera, but I find it obnoxious and pretentious when someone breaks into an impromptu aria. And I wanted to smack her with her whining "they can see us through the windows." As others have pointed out, has she never heard of curtains and drapes?

Unless I lived alone, I would not have wanted that first apartment, primarily because of the window in the bathroom that opened to the rest of the apartment. Maybe if I could make those panes opaque. 

Vietnam couple: They were OK for the most part, but I hate when one partner makes exaggerated gestures to the other, as though one holds all the power or needs to be placated in all things. One thing I especially liked about the episode was the mini history lesson about the Vietnam War. I don't recall that HHI has done that to that extent before.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Tammy Try-Too-Hard was sooooo unpleasant. And I despise people who carry around dogs like they were fashion accessories. There were a couple of times the "real estate agent" had this absolutely incredulous look on his face at her behavior. And please, stop ranting about your mother's friends. She's a grown woman. Also, let that awful perm grow out. 

I bet she's already moved back to Canada. She cried on camera when talking about her brother and not being there to help her parents. There's no way she's overcoming that level of guilt at leaving them.

She even said "gross" when the husband carried her over the threshold in the first apartment and kissed her. Then she apologized to the "realtor" for having to witness that behavior.

Catching up on a few others:

Couple moving to Mexico: They were all right, but his enthusiasm was a little too over the top, and there was one phrase he kept saying (I've blocked it from my memory now) that I wanted to smack him for saying over and over and over.

Germany couple: I like opera, but I find it obnoxious and pretentious when someone breaks into an impromptu aria. And I wanted to smack her with her whining "they can see us through the windows." As others have pointed out, has she never heard of curtains and drapes?

Unless I lived alone, I would not have wanted that first apartment, primarily because of the window in the bathroom that opened to the rest of the apartment. Maybe if I could make those panes opaque. 

Vietnam couple: They were OK for the most part, but I hate when one partner makes exaggerated gestures to the other, as though one holds all the power or needs to be placated in all things. One thing I especially liked about the episode was the mini history lesson about the Vietnam War. I don't recall that HHI has done that to that extent before.

MEXICO: He seemed like a nice guy but was way too exuberant for me. It didn't seem to bother his wife but as a mate I would soon tire of his relentless enthusiasm. One thing he kept repeating was, "bigger! bigger!"

Edited by Kenzie
On 8/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, sempervivum said:

Ontario to UK- I'm so sick of the 'we need a 2nd bedroom for guests'. Don't they have Airbnb, etc, in Britain? I'm positive they could find their guests a nice flat close by for less than a hotel.  If they can't afford $100 a night (guessing less) for lodging, their guests need to stay in Canada.

They were both dim and boring, but for some reason she really grated. She didn't seem to have any plans to find a 'graphic design' job there, and apparently he does the cooking, so what on earth is she going to do all day? At least we didn't have to suffer through a 'where's my Olde Englishe CHARM?' meme, I guess.

Ontario to England, Richard's episode from about a month ago:  (behind on HHI, sorry)

It's possible the apartment came with the job and had 2 bedrooms so HHI used their old, familiar plot device.

Punched their school up and she works as a teaching ass't at the same school.  So much for the budget routine.

About Ontario, I did hear somewhere that they have / had an oversupply of teachers.  That small tidbit from the episode might have been true!

• Love 2

Houston to Amsterdam...again with the two bedroom bit.  We get it, hordes of friends and family will be knocking on your door looking for a free bed.  I did think they picked the best apartment.

Also, maybe it’s me, but why does everyone need a huge master bedroom?  It’s not like you eat dinner in there.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, aguabella said:

About Ontario, I did hear somewhere that they have / had an oversupply of teachers.  That small tidbit from the episode might have been true!

I don't know about right now but it was certainly true a few years ago when my daughter and her friends were graduating from university.  Not one of them who graduated with teaching degrees got jobs in Ontario, at least not in the regular school systems anyway,  and two of them did end up over in the UK.  One came back after a year or two but the other married over there.  Which is pretty cool :).

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, javajeanelaine said:

It's expensive to fly to Europe.  Why do people think hordes of friends/family will be flying over to see them?

You can find affordable flights and. Not having to pay for lodging and being at a place with a kitchen greatly reduces the expense.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Parma: So the dad works for Barilla. The logo on his coat wasn’t completely blurred out when they showed him at work near the end and I also could see the product boxes.

I loved the second house (you could play on the cobblestone streets, kid, the way kids have for centuries there). It was beautiful. However, I can understand if the dad didn’t want to live that far from his work (not that that was a reason given). The first place was cool, too. But six kids? Mercy!

PS, Please don’t let HHs bring a kid along. Just stop it! No one liked HH Family!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

I don't know about right now but it was certainly true a few years ago when my daughter and her friends were graduating from university.  Not one of them who graduated with teaching degrees got jobs in Ontario, at least not in the regular school systems anyway,  and two of them did end up over in the UK.  One came back after a year or two but the other married over there.  Which is pretty cool :).

Good for them!

Yes, the grad year I heard about was 2017 so that makes sense, given the the timing / estimated filming date for that episode.  Wouldn't surprise me if the wife just needed some add'l hours for her credential.

12 hours ago, javajeanelaine said:

It's expensive to fly to Europe.  Why do people think hordes of friends/family will be flying over to see them?

Perhaps not hordes but aside from the opportunity to see a foreign country at a somewhat reduced cost many family members are going to come over to see you.   Perhaps not if you're like a lot of HHers and you are only overseas for 6 months or so but if you really have been relocated far enough away sooner or later your parents or siblings are going to want to see you and your kids if you have any,

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

if you really have been relocated far enough away sooner or later your parents or siblings are going to want to see you and your kids if you have any

And if your telling someone they can stay for free it’s the tipping point. To use the dudes moving from Houston you can get a last minute ticket from Houston to Amsterdam for less than $600 (I visit Europe every year and my tickets are closer to $350-$450) which is about what I pay to see my family on the east coast and is not that expensive when you aren’t paying for lodging and get to visit friends and a foreign country.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

But six kids? 

Do you think the parents (Dad) were desperately hoping to get a boy and then they decided, at last, that it ain't happening? I wonder what the stats are of families that started out with all boys vs all girls? Are the all-girls families usually larger?

I'm glad the wife got the place she wanted. I thought her reason for being in the city was very valid: more people speak English there. She'll be spending a lot of her time keeping those four bathrooms clean, though. Interesting that the third child was the one chosen to represent the kids. But maybe that's just it, she represented the younger ones and the older two were not far away from going off to college. I wonder if the older ones will stay put in Europe for college?

Really, you need private outdoor space, a big yard to play in? Keep your American ass in Deerfield, Illinois then. 

Houston to Amsterdam

I was unusually distracted by the one guy's delicate features. Could barely focus on the places. What could possibly be the thinking behind a bathroom area with no sink?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CherryAmes said:

Perhaps not if you're like a lot of HHers and you are only overseas for 6 months or so but if you really have been relocated far enough away sooner or later your parents or siblings are going to want to see you and your kids if you have any,

Also, and this rarely gets stressed on HHI, you are going to want to see them!  HHI usually puts forth an, IMO false narrative, that you're going to have tons of friends right away and IME that's just not true.  If you're fortunate you will meet people eventually, and if you're super gregarious maybe you really will have a large social circle two minutes after your plane set down.  But mostly you are going to be a little lonely at first for sure.  Especially if you are the stay at home spouse.  Looking forward to visits from parents other family members or friends can definitely help make those first few months in a new place a lot easier to handle.  Hordes of visitors though?  No not so much!

Edited by BlossomCulp
  • Love 4
On 10/1/2018 at 6:16 PM, SmithW6079 said:

That's the first I recall as well, but it was an older couple who would remember the war (and since I'm older and remember it too, I'm always sort of surprised to see people moving to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, and Phnom Penh, places I know specifically from the war). Most of the folks we've seen move to Vietnam and Cambodia have no memory of the war - hell, unless they made an effort to see Rambo, Apocalypse Now, or Platoon, they don't even remember movies and TV about the war.

Edited by ML89
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

You can find affordable flights and. Not having to pay for lodging and being at a place with a kitchen greatly reduces the expense.

Depends on your definition of affordable.  ($350-$450 is one hell of a lot f money to me.)  Although if you have a free place to stay, then the outrageous plane ticket price isn't quite so bad.  Still, that would never by the deciding factor in choosing an apartment for me.

4 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Depends on your definition of affordable.  ($350-$450 is one hell of a lot f money to me.)  Although if you have a free place to stay, then the outrageous plane ticket price isn't quite so bad.  Still, that would never by the deciding factor in choosing an apartment for me.

Yes that can be a lot of money for people but Inimagine the house hunters have a better idea of their friends and families economic circumstances because for a lot of people $350 for a roundrip ticket for a vacation is affordable

I don’t think that we have seen an episode where house hunters chose an extra bedroom as the deciding factor but the general notion of wanting  to have room (even if it’s just a couch)  for guests and guests actually visiting is a norm in my liver and everyone I know. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

($350-$450 is one hell of a lot f money to me.) 

Sure but it's really not if you are in a position to consider international, or even domestic, travel. For a flight to Europe from anywhere in North America that's cheap. Sign me up!   Does HHI make it seem like hordes of family and friends will be showing up on your doorstep?  Yep.  And that's not true (mostly) but it's certainly true that some will come - especially if you are living someplace cool.  Well I guess everyone has their own definition of that of course!

Edited by BlossomCulp
  • Love 2
Just now, biakbiak said:

Yes that can be a lot of money for people but Inimagine the house hunters have a better idea of their friends and families economic circumstances because for a lot of people $350 for a roundrip ticket for a vacation is affordable. 

I'm sure they do, but we all know the narratives are fake to begin with, and we're allowed to comment on it.  The whole "we have to have two bedrooms for all those guests" is just as valid to criticize as anything else.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I'm sure they do, but we all know the narratives are fake to begin with, and we're allowed to comment on it.  The whole "we have to have two bedrooms for all those guests" is just as valid to criticize as anything else.

And my point based on my own life and experiences  is many people do consider people visiting when choosing a place and people in fact do visit so it’s not some weird fals narrative pulled out of nowhere.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And my point based on my own life and experiences  is many people do consider people visiting when choosing a place and people in fact do visit so it’s not some weird fals narrative pulled out of nowhere.

Except that all these house hunters allegedly have limited budgets which, if real, would make that elusive second bedroom for guests impossible in the locations they want.  If they were looking for the extra space for other reasons, such as the one guy in Amsterdam who wanted separate work space to avoid distractions, it would at least make a change.  But even in that episode, he kept going on about the guests who'd need it.

But I'm not going to keep arguing with you.  We clearly have two very different points of view on the subject.

• Love 5

Allow me to preface this by saying my grandma had nine kids, but that’s was a different time! When I see a family with six kids, it just freaks me out. And then to balk at prices and not be aware of space consideration in Italy is just ridiculous. There is nowhere with enough room for a family of eight dude!

Damn, mom got her body back somehow though. I guesss from chasing six kids.

If you knew you were moving, why would you not enroll in language classes? These kinds of episodes with so many questions are distracting and detract from the real estate eye candy. The first apartment was palatial for an Italian apartment, but it was never clear how many bedrooms it had. Probably a lot easier with all girls though.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mojito said:

Do you think the parents (Dad) were desperately hoping to get a boy and then they decided, at last, that it ain't happening? I wonder what the stats are of families that started out with all boys vs all girls? Are the all-girls families usually larger?

I'm glad the wife got the place she wanted. I thought her reason for being in the city was very valid: more people speak English there. She'll be spending a lot of her time keeping those four bathrooms clean, though. Interesting that the third child was the one chosen to represent the kids. But maybe that's just it, she represented the younger ones and the older two were not far away from going off to college. I wonder if the older ones will stay put in Europe for college?

Really, you need private outdoor space, a big yard to play in? Keep your American ass in Deerfield, Illinois then. 

Houston to Amsterdam

I was unusually distracted by the one guy's delicate features. Could barely focus on the places. What could possibly be the thinking behind a bathroom area with no sink?

Amsterdam: Yes, his features were very distracting, every inch of his head seemed so ultra smooth, plucked and manicured. I found myself checking to see if he had an Adam's Apple (he did). And I agree, a rental without a sink in the bathroom is just bizarre.

• Love 3

I wish, just once, someone would be adamant about having an extra bedroom in order to have some private space and time to just be alone in a small apartment.  "I can't live in a shoebox with someone in my face 24/7!  I need a room to escape into!  A room with a nice window and view!"

• Love 11
On 10/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, MartyQui said:

Also, maybe it’s me, but why does everyone need a huge master bedroom?  It’s not like you eat dinner in there.

I don't even need a master bath.  But I would want storage space--wherever that is.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:16 PM, SmithW6079 said:

While this isn't true for everyone, I've heard of singers, born singers, as in It's-the-only-thing-I-can-see-myself-doing singers not the I-wanna-be-famous singers, say that they feel a compulsion to sing even when they were kids.  Alone. Together.  In the shower.  Along with the radio or even a shopping list.  I can see how it's obnoxious habit but I don't think the intent is necessarily pretentious. 

And I have to defend the woman on her fish bowl comments.  I read all the "window treatments" responses before I saw the episode and I looked to see if there were any already installed.  Not only did I not see any, but I didn't see the equipment around the window to install window treatments.  That's not cheap if they'd even be allowed to install the in that apartment.

4 hours ago, izabella said:

I wish, just once, someone would be adamant about having an extra bedroom in order to have some private space and time to just be alone in a small apartment.  "I can't live in a shoebox with someone in my face 24/7!  I need a room to escape into!  A room with a nice window and view!"

I think that's what a home office is a euphemism for but yes!   Introverts represent!

• Love 7
On 10/2/2018 at 7:22 AM, MartyQui said:

On 10/2/2018 at 7:22 AM, MartyQui said:

It's not just you. I get not wanting a tiny, cramped space but nobody, NOBODY, needs a master bedroom the size of an airplane hangar. I also don't understand all the "love all the natural light" remarks for a bedroom. Who hangs out all day in their bedroom? I want it dark so I can sleep, which is what a bedroom is for.

• Love 10

Holy shit that Lyon, France couple must have used the same plastic surgeon because their faces looked similarly awful.  I would have chosen the first apartment with the balconies, but the second one was fine, too.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Holy shit that Lyon, France couple must have used the same plastic surgeon because their faces looked similarly awful.  I would have chosen the first apartment with the balconies, but the second one was fine, too.

Hah! I was thinking the same thing. If it looks like you’ve had work done is it a good job?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Yup. They were a nice couple and had reasonable wants, but their faces were so distracting. All I could think was they must have had their procedures done at the same time because who would go to a plastic surgeon who did such an awful job on your spouse? I too thought the first place was the nicest. But then, noise is and always has been my number one deal breaker when looking for a place to live. So I'd prefer the third over the one they chose.

• Love 1

I don’t even understood how you open that fridge or use the washer and dryer it was so tight in the place they went with, I would have probably gone with the first one even if the kitchen was small and dated.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t even understood how you open that fridge or use the washer and dryer it was so tight in the place they went with, I would have probably gone with the first one even if the kitchen was small and dated.

Even the doorway seemed really narrow, like you’d have to turn sideways and suck in your gut to squeeze through it with stuff in your hands.  I cannot picture how you’d be able to get in and out holding a laundry basket.  The rest of the place was very nice, surely they could’ve made that area more accessible when they remodeled.

• Love 3