Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Does he always post this frequently from his dressing room?  If not, it seems fishy. 

Maybe his castmates bricked him in his dressing room, ala Edgar Allen Poe!

The Cask of Amontillado, Salem style.

Works for me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Speak it into being boes!

I wish I could know this was finished. The thought that he could be only temporarily leaving is annoying. Just tell us he's going going gone come June or wherever. Give me something real to look forward to.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Does he always post this frequently from his dressing room?  If not, it seems fishy. 

Right. It's really giving Steve Burton lol.

But yea, most likely he'll leave for a bit and then return. That's just how they do things now.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think the Cin fans would take kindly to any recast.

Cin fan here...and have no problem at all recasting Ciara. VK is hardly on screen to begin with, so it would be nice to have someone who actually WANTS to be there and play the character.

I also have no problem recasting Hope. In fact, I wish they would introduce the two new actors (Hope & Ciara) at or around the same time so that folks who are opposed, can get used to the idea of the recasts at one time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Another Cin fan, and I also would be ok with them recasting Ciara.  I like the chemistry between VK and RSW, though if the rumours are true, that chemistry may no longer exist, so if getting an actress who would be available all the time would get Cin out of their bubble, I say go for it.  

Hope, though, not sure I could accept someone else portraying her.  But at the same time it's ridiculous that the character isn't in Salem with all that's going on with her family. 

• Love 4

I'm neutral on Cin, and a recast of Ciara would be just fine with me too.  She's already been played by at least 3 actresses in the recent past (including one before SORASing), so why not bring on a fourth (or more, if I'm missing any)? 

RSW without a shirt on can stay as long as he wants...  (yes, I'm petty sometimes.) 😇

• LOL 7
On 2/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, RunningMarket said:

Cosigned.

- Still Bitter Canucks Fan

Damn..I have to deal with the Redwings😫

I’m talking very bitter, about their downfall 😤.never to come back! No leadership in from coach to captain(🤬🤢) Now I root for other teams I used to despise🙇😧🤫

21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like I read here ages ago that Greg Vaughn was back on contract. Did I make that up lol?

I think - not positive - but you Might, just might, have been temporarily possessed by the devil when you heard that.

I heard it too but I put it down to demonic influences.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I have no desire to see Eric back, he is played out in my humble opinion.  The show has never cared about him so why should I? This goes for Shawn-Douglas as well, what a chump! his wife will most likely cheat on him once again.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

I agree however I'm torn as to which show could use GV more this one(which might write for him) or GH where he can be Lucky again (even though he never felt like Lucky to me I did find his version likeable).

However yes Brady men are about the same as Horton men on this show they don't fare well.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree however I'm torn as to which show could use GV more this one(which might write for him) or GH where he can be Lucky again (even though he never felt like Lucky to me I did find his version likeable).

However yes Brady men are about the same as Horton men on this show they don't fare well.

They neutered Eric when he came back when they made him a priest.  Why? you have a beautiful man like Greg Vaughn and you make him a celibate priest.  

• Love 6
On 2/21/2022 at 6:43 PM, Pearson80 said:

They neutered Eric when he came back when they made him a priest.  Why? you have a beautiful man like Greg Vaughn and you make him a celibate priest.  

The character of Eric being a priest doesn't really surprise me he seems the most introspective and full of emotional depth of all of Marlena's kids. However having it played by Greg Vaughn was the most unrealistic part...

• Love 3
On 2/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, Pearson80 said:

I have no desire to see Eric back, he is played out in my humble opinion.  The show has never cared about him so why should I? This goes for Shawn-Douglas as well, what a chump! his wife will most likely cheat on him once again.. 

I think it's stuff like this that shows just how out of touch the writers are with the audience.  At least for me personally, I'd rather see the "legacy" characters of the core families written well and carrying the load.  Not... Ben, Gwen, and Gabi and whoever else, these outsiders that they've tried to make the heroes.  In addition to Eric and Shawn Douglas, we could have Mike Horton, JJ Deveraux back, and Max and Frankie Brady, Stephanie and Joey, and whoever Shane and Kimberly's kids are, and tons of other people I'm forgetting.  But these writers just can't... write.  ::sigh::

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think it's stuff like this that shows just how out of touch the writers are with the audience.  At least for me personally, I'd rather see the "legacy" characters of the core families written well and carrying the load.  Not... Ben, Gwen, and Gabi and whoever else, these outsiders that they've tried to make the heroes.  In addition to Eric and Shawn Douglas, we could have Mike Horton, JJ Deveraux back, and Max and Frankie Brady, Stephanie and Joey, and whoever Shane and Kimberly's kids are, and tons of other people I'm forgetting.  But these writers just can't... write.  ::sigh::

I would love to see the legacy characters have full lives on the show but these writers are incapable of writing so I would rather they stay off the show.  The only legacy character that the show cares about is Sami.. It has been the Sami show  on and off for decades now. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I would love to see the legacy characters have full lives on the show but these writers are incapable of writing so I would rather they stay off the show.  The only legacy character that the show cares about is Sami.. It has been the Sami show  on and off for decades now. 

Right... that's why I emphasized "written well."  They just can't do it.  The show is a joke now.

• Love 5

Victoria Konefal aka Ciara clarified her DOOL status recently, and she said, 

"They asked to have me back as a contract player, and I was like, 'Well, this is kind of tricky. I know I've been away for ten months, but I haven't had a chance to dip my toe [in other projects due to the pandemic]," she shares. "So, I agreed to a 16-week contact, and after that, they wanted me back for another year."

Unfortunately for fans, Konefal declined the offer. "I was like, 'Hey, I can't do it. I did quit for a reason. I love y'all, I appreciate you so much, but understand me and where I'm coming from,'" she says. "My artistic integrity was no longer being fulfilled. I needed a change, a switch-up."

to help explain why she might not be around long term.

Okay.....but WTF, people, "artistic integrity"?????  

That's the equivalent of saying Robert Scott Wilson was hired for his terrific AKTING talent.

I wish VK all the best - far, far, FAR away from Salem and its inhabitants.

Here's hoping she's rehearsed the lines she needs for her next job application - "Do you want to supersize your order?"

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Victoria Konefal aka Ciara clarified her DOOL status recently, and she said, 

to help explain why she might not be around long term.

Okay.....but WTF, people, "artistic integrity"?????  

That's the equivalent of saying Robert Scott Wilson was hired for his terrific AKTING talent.

I wish VK all the best - far, far, FAR away from Salem and its inhabitants.

Here's hoping she's rehearsed the lines she needs for her next job application - "Do you want to supersize your order?"

So maybe Ciara's obnoxious egotistical personality isn't "acting" after all.  And if the real-life break up rumors are true, I'd say something else of hers wasn't being fulfilled anymore, hence the real reason she quit. Or got fired. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I feel like she's channeling (or trying to channel) her former on-screen mother's "I'm better than this, you suck now, byyyeeee!" energy.

Thing is, KA earned her stripes and put in years. So her dramatic exit made a statement. This? Doesn't.

She's not terrible...but VK has left a bad taste in my mouth. The character is better off off-screen frankly.

Can RSW please also favor his "artistic standards" and scram? PLEASE?

Boes, I don't see her working the drive thru window as much as flipping her luscious locks  and telling us about all that RICH!!! RADIANT!!! COLOR!!! MMMM-YAAAAASSSSSS!

HairyConventionalArmyant-max-1mb.gif

YjJjiU.gif

pantene-hairflip.gif

I'm sure her fans will just eat it up!

---2MQ.gif

• LOL 4

I get what she's trying to say and I think it's fair.  She wants to see if she can take her career to a new level.  KA did the same thing back in the 80s.  She has a better chance of doing it at this age than later.  And she did run into some bad luck with the original timing.

But her response sounds like someone who has read what other actors have said when they felt it's time to move on to new projects but can't quite remember what the boilerplate language should be. 

It should be "I'm ready to try out new challenges as an artist" or something like that.  Saying it's about artistic integrity actually insults her current job.

• Love 5

Exactly...it's like...your character has been dating and marrying a serial killer almost since you started. But now, you're concerned about what that says about you as an artist?

Just say you're looking to pursue new avenues and it was a tough decision to leave but you're extremely grateful bla bla bla.

The show really treated her well, it seems, and left the door open for her to come and go...so to act as if its now beneath her to stay is pretty lousy.

• Love 5

The thing is, I don't think she means to insult DOOL.  I just think this is what happens when someone not so bright tries to speak without a publicist polishing things a bit. She mangles the language and it comes off as pretentious.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
On 2/23/2022 at 7:10 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

They should SORAS Parker and Sydney as teens and bring them on for a summer romance,

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, RedElf said:

They should SORAS Parker and Sydney as teens and bring them on for a summer romance,

Sydney was born a year after the twins, so forget about being a teen, she should be a 20 something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Hun, Will was born on-screen two years before his future stepfather in law.

Crazy but true!

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they said she was at boarding school, which of course doesn't make much sense but little does.

I recall them saying boarding school at one point too, but then I think they said college when Sami and Lucas were at the pub getting ready to leave town.  Ron probably can't remember what he wrote from one time to the next.  Or he's already planning for her to return to town in her 20s.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Crazy but true!

I recall them saying boarding school at one point too, but then I think they said college when Sami and Lucas were at the pub getting ready to leave town.  Ron probably can't remember what he wrote from one time to the next.  Or he's already planning for her to return to town in her 20s.

They probably will but it's for the best. I don't think this show is ever going to attempt another teen scene again. It's sad to say but I think Mushmouth Ciara and Wooden Joey's teen scene is the final one.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
On 2/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they said she was at boarding school, which of course doesn't make much sense but little does.

They had a child play her in the Christmas movie but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Brady and Belle were toddlers at Jarlena's first big wedding alongside Will.  After Jarlena came back from their honeymoon two weeks later, they were teens and Marlena even commented on how they had grown as a wink to the audience..  The headwriter Lorraine Broderick at the time did not want to age them but was forced to do so by the executive producer at the time.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is Jackee leaving?

Not that I know of, I just doubt she's staying on indefinitely,  In fact, I'm surprised she's still there, as I expected her to be gone after the wedding fiasco.  But I hope she'll be around a lot longer, as I'm enjoying her presence on the show.

• Love 3