Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

SCOTT SHILSTONE, WHO PLAYED ADULT ZACK BRADY IN HOPE'S DREAM, RETURNS IN NEW ROLE IN 2017...

Scott Shilstone has posted on his IMDB resume that he will be playing the role of Wyatt in multiple episodes of "Days" in 2017. 

------

He was nice actor.   I would like him on contract so he could be either Claire's or Ciara's bf. 

Edited by BlackMamba
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Bye, Aiden. Again.

Another character wasted.  He was so likable in the beginning before they turned him into a creeper.  He and Hope had chemistry.  Why don't these writers see these things? Take the blinders off already!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Kassie De Paiva is coming back.  No indication as to for how long.

I think she was supposed to be back "permanently," but she was diagnosed with leukemia in July and took a break then, so it may just be for a month or two.  I haven't heard about her being back taping since then, but I'm not following as closely as I used to.  (It did sound like her prognosis was good though.)

I know she has a fanbase from OLTL, but I don't think she fits at all in the role, and if she's coming back for Justin, the timing is weird because he just redeclared himself to Adrienne.  Meh about that.

10 hours ago, buffynut said:

Who ?????

Edit to add...  oh... TLC the band, not the TV station.  Clearly I don't know the band members' names either. LOL.

lauren-tionne-kristian-galen-days-set-xj

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/1563/tionne-t-boz-watkins-debuts-on-days-of-our-lives

Oh God.....does this mean there will, eventually, be a singing episode?  Bad enough we've had Claire emoting on her ukelele, but now we're going to have Hope hoofing it with T Boz.

Because you just KNOW Show will do that.  They've yet to ever pass up an opportunity to make a bad decision even worse.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

Oh God.....does this mean there will, eventually, be a singing episode?  Bad enough we've had Claire emoting on her ukelele, but now we're going to have Hope hoofing it with T Boz.

Because you just KNOW Show will do that.  They've yet to ever pass up an opportunity to make a bad decision even worse.

Lol!!!!  Please tell me we aren't getting a Hope, Hattie, and T-Boz rendition of Waterfalls.  This could be absurd or amazing.

• Love 2

LAMON ARCHEY TO JOIN "DAYS" CAST IN 2017...

Lamon Archey will be joining the cast of "Days of Our Lives" in early 2017. He has appeared in some U/5 roles on "Days" in the past and also played Mason Wilder on "The Young and the Restless" from 2012-2014. Archey, 35, was born on April 9, 1981 in California.

Seems like Valerie's son Jackson is coming to town.   I'm just hoping he's not another child of Abe's!  ? That would be sucha stereotype if Abe has 4 children,  3 he's barely known,  with 4 different women!  I want this Jackson to be Valarie and David's son.   Maybe they hooked up right shortly after they left town or something.   Then Julie will have a grandson and a freak out spell over it.  ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

There's no way they can name another person Jackson!

Until you mentioned it true.   But Valarie already called someone Jackson on the phone a few episodes I think.   Hopefully he will have a new name when comes in town which is highly likely. 

I actually like the idea of "Jackson" being Abe's son. I think it would be great for Theo to have a sibling in town.

And if Stefano can have 37 kids all over the globe, Abe can at least have a few ;-)

6 hours ago, mj2000 said:

I would love nothing more than for Valerie's son to belong to David. Watching Julie twitch would make my day!

Also, it would explain her terse reaction to Julie when she returned.

• Love 3

See I don't think Julie would have an issue with a black grandchild now, but it would open the door to an interesting storyline on race.  If Valerie's son is David's, outside of David's involvement it would raise the issue of Julie's bigotry 30 years ago, and that being the sole reason that Valerie kept him out of Julie's life.  It would really force Julie to confront those issues she had in the past.  Even if she doesn't think that way now it would definitely force her to examine that part of her life that she has clearly forgotten about. 

• Love 1

I know Julie has become the "Glady's Kravitz" of the show.  But Susan is a really good actress, and when they write really good material for her, she knocks it out of the park.  A long time ago of course but Julie used to own Days, and was the sole reason people tuned in to watch everyday.  Enough to land her on the cover of Time and be a representation of our fascination with Soaps. 

I'm ready for an honest dramatic storyline for Julie.  I'll show up.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I know Julie has become the "Glady's Kravitz" of the show.  But Susan is a really good actress, and when they write really good material for her, she knocks it out of the park.  A long time ago of course but Julie used to own Days, and was the sole reason people tuned in to watch everyday.  Enough to land her on the cover of Time and be a representation of our fascination with Soaps. 

I'm ready for an honest dramatic storyline for Julie.  I'll show up.

A number of years ago Susan Seaforth Hayes (yikes, it's been 6 years!) - rerprised her role as Joanna on The Young and the Restless, playing Lauren Fenmore's cold-as-ice, horrible mother, and she was terrific.  So she certainly could do it.  And she'd be a pleasure to watch doing it IF the writers can write it.  That's the big IF.

I'm not a Julie fan for exactly the reason you state, that's she the Gladys Kravitz of the show.  But I could be a fan again if they wrote her right.

• Love 8

There was something on another site saying the characters would leave town together...but maybe they just meant both would leave the show around the same time? It was strangely written...

Can Lamon Archey act? I want to like Abe's new huge family, but Abe's acting is often a bit wooden, Lani's remains to be seen, Val is meh, and that means Theo is the only one left I'm kinda interested in.

This show really misuses it's talent. Jade should have promptly been rewritten into a character with long-term potential, Anne should get more time, etc, etc.

• Love 1

VJ is leaving Days as Ciara.. From Serial Scoop.

She told Serial Scoop, "My experience at Dayswas phenomenal! Everyone there, from the cast to the crew, is professional and nurturing of new talent, which was a real blessing. Perhaps most rewarding was hearing from the fans. I don't think I can over state the fact that Daysfans are truly special. Their love and loyalty makes it all worth while."

Continued Jovanni, "The decision to exit was mutual. At this point in my career I wanted to pursue other interests. Yet, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity, love and support I received from everyone at Days and the fans. I'm really excited about the future and what's to come in the world of Days of Our Lives."

Can't say I'm surprised.   She wasn't very good and painful to watch.   Wish her the best though.   Really hope Days finds a better actress to fill in that role. 

• Love 3

"Nurturing" and "the decision is mutual". is what we get finally. 

This makes it official and I no longer have to groan when she shows up to ruin another scene. Badly cast and it went on way too long. She never improved and I don't know who would hire her if she submits anything from this show.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

VJ is leaving Days as Ciara.. From Serial Scoop.

Can't say I'm surprised.   She wasn't very good and painful to watch.   Wish her the best though.   Really hope Days finds a better actress to fill in that role. 

If she follows true to form for departing Days actresses, she'll soon be in a Lifetime movie, probably playing, based on her strengths, a possessed puppet or "girl murdered in the first scene".  Maybe she and Mansi can star in something together.

• Love 4

I wish her well but agree there were serious issues with her performances.

I wonder what kind of new Ciarra we will get if they recast: another sullen mumbly teen type or more of a spoiled princess in line with the character that we knew when she was younger?

I'm so going to missed the clenched jaw and monotone voice......NOT! VJ was awful. It's amazing she lasted this long and with the Days 6 month taping schedule (Why do they continue doing this) we will have to endure her well in to the summer. Hopefully, they will get rid of Claire, too. Joey is half decent. They should have never aged the kids espeically Ciara and Chase. The two younger kids were really good. Did I mention that the Days taping schedule sucks. All of the other soaps on a month out but Days continues this stupid taping schedule where the actors never no what to discuss when being interviewed. At least, if Days got cancelled it would air for another year by the time they get a cancelation notice.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Kate Mansi was here for years.

At least Kate started out okay.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Hopefully, they will get rid of Claire, too.

I don't agree.  I think Olivia Rose Keegan has been just fine as Claire.  She and Kyler Pettis are the two best of the teen set, IMO.

• Love 4

I thought Jade's father was hispanic. Either way this new girl isn't the best actress either. Why can't this show find talented young actresses! Hopefully this one will improve since it's only the first time we've seen her. Unlike Ciara who is just as bad today as she was long ago.

• Love 1

Black people come in all shades and there are Black people who look white.  It is why passing for White, used to be something, that, some Black people, used to do, in order to survive racism, in this country.  Victoria Rowell, gave birth, to a daughter, that, was blonde, white skinned, with blue eyes. It does happen, from time to time.    One of the founders, of the NAACP, was a Black man with blonde hair with blue eyes and he chose to live, as a Black man, when he could have easily passed for White.  Genetics is unpredictable.

It would be cool.  If the show explored, colorism, in the Black community, via Jade, but, Dena, is not talented, to write a story like that.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I just don't like the idea of whitecasting a replacement for an actress of color with a white actress.  Though I am basing Garbrielle Haugh's race on her appearance, I admit it.  It reminds me of the recast of Asian Blair on OLTL with Kassie DePaiva.  Even though I love Kassie DePaiva.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I just don't like the idea of whitecasting a replacement for an actress of color with a white actress.  Though I am basing Garbrielle Haugh's race on her appearance, I admit it.  It reminds me of the recast of Asian Blair on OLTL with Kassie DePaiva.  Even though I love Kassie DePaiva.

True, but, I think you can get away with it, in some ways, with the Jade character. She is a minor character.  With the history of Black people, in this country, it is not unbelievable, that, she could look white.. The funny thing is that Jade can have another baby with Joey and the baby looks very Black. The reverse happens too...lol   It is why some Black people, who did pass for White, would refrain, from having children, fearing, that, the child, would betray, their true origins..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh, I'm being criticized on another forum for objecting to whitecasting the new Jade.  When I asked how they were going to explain this white girl having a black father, I was notified that her father isn't black.  O Rly?

What about  her aunt, the criminal in the desert collective?  She certainly looked AA to me.  And her father and aunt could be both Hispanic and AA.

And people could mind their own business and not gang up on you, too.  I really hate that sort of thing.

• Love 2

My apologies if this has already been put up somewhere here  - 

From Michael Fairman's site - - - - - -

DAYS Casting Role Of Confident, Dashing Man In His 30′s: Who Would You Suggest For The Part?

Put on your casting director hats, Days of our Lives fans!

The show is currently seeking an actor 30-39 to play the role of “Alex”, who is said to be confident and quite dashing!

The role is set to begin taping this March.

According to Soap Opera Digest, the character description reads: “Alex has spent the last ten years traveling the world and amassing a small fortune. His ambition grew and his success in the marketplace has given him an enough of a cocky confidence to come to Salem with an agenda to challenge his family for control of the business.  When it comes to women, Alex can be a bit of a playboy like his dad used to be.”

Now if the role on the casting call is really “Alex”, could he be the son of Justin ( Wally Kurth) and Angelica Deveraux, and thus Sonny’s (Freddie Smith) half -brother?  Time will tell!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, boes said:

My apologies if this has already been put up somewhere here  - 

From Michael Fairman's site - - - - - -

Finally, I hope that means Anjelica will be back.  She really did love Alex, but, she let her jealousy and hatred of Adrienne consume her. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Finally, I hope that means Anjelica will be back.  She really did love Alex, but, she let her jealousy and hatred of Adrienne consume her. 

Please GH, let Jane Elliott come back as Angelica.