Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

I'd never seen JPL before, but it seems he was well liked in his previous role(s).  So maybe there's a character he could play these days, but not a leading man type. With all his ticks and smirks he'd need to be cast as comic relief.

• Love 2

I'm a little sad, because JPL really, really amuses me.  I just like to see what facial expression/tick/ridiculousness he comes up with next.  

He is one strange dude. I want to send him a bottle of exfoliant. And I want an explanation for his hair.  

• Love 2

So I was trying to find out if Eileen Davidson was still on Y&R, or would she be eligible to be behind the kidnapping of Tater Tot, and according to Wikipedia, she signed a new contract in June of 2014 with Y&R that gives her an out to return to Days.  It actually says, "On June 17, 2014, it was announced that Davidson had signed a contract to return to The Young and the Restless. Subsequently, Davidson revealed that her Y&R contract was for two years and that it included a stipulation that she could continue doing Days of Our Lives in the future, as well as having the option of taking a break if work became too hectic"

Just sayin'.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

So next week they come back from their three week break and will begin taping for the new year.  And they're approaching episode 13,000.  Can we hope episode 13,000 is better than the 50th anniversary?

As long as there is no Kristen, no mention of Kristen and no memory of Kristen, we're already ahead.  Oh, and no deaths.  What a concept.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

Corday did an interview with Glamour.   LeAnn Huley who plays Anna will be returning soon. 

http://www.glamour.com/story/days-of-our-lives-celebrates-13000-episodes-with-exclusive-photos

The interviewer and Corday acknowledged Rafe and Hope's "sizzling chemistry." Are they even watching the show?

He also referred to Ciara and Theo as "good." I know you guys like Theo, but I think he's kind of terrible...but Ciara is atrocious. Again, is he even watching the show?

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Glad Anna will be back...she was paired with Andre in the past, right?

Tony and Anna were a great couple.....He was a great stepfather to Carrie..If Anna is coming back, then Carrie needs to be back as well...

• Love 2

There's an interview with Freddie Smith in this week's SOD where he says that he's interacting with everybody plot-wise since he came back, he's involved in all of the story lines, and he in particular mentioned working with Eric Martsolf and Christopher Sean.

(edited)
On 7/20/2016 at 9:19 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Saint Carrie doesn't ever need to come back unless she's going to kill Failure. 

Since I am the only Carrie fan on here, I have always wanted the show to explore the Tony/Anna/Carrie dynamic to the fullest...Add in John, Marlena and Roman, if only we can get Wayne Northrup back to reprise his role as Roman..It would be a storyline rooted in history and character-driven...I have always loved the RoJohn/Carrie dynamic...The best father/daughter team in Daytime..The show always seemed to ignore Carrie's complicated history with the Dimeras in favor of Sami's...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Since I am the only Carrie fan on here,

Not the only one. I'm a Carrie fan too.  Course by that I mean I'm a fan of young Carrie, when she was the "good girl" and her sneaky younger sister was trying to steal Austin from her.  I missed the whole era when Carrie married Lucas(?) and the other pairings that I've seen mentioned here.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Not the only one. I'm a Carrie fan too.  Course by that I mean I'm a fan of young Carrie, when she was the "good girl" and her sneaky younger sister was trying to steal Austin from her.  I missed the whole era when Carrie married Lucas(?) and the other pairings that I've seen mentioned here.

I really loved her as a kid and teen when John was Roman and they were such a tight unit for the twins..I loved her protectiveness of John and was not too happy to share him with Isabella...lol...Izzybee had to work tirelessly to win her approval....lol It is a shame that the writers never knew what to do with her and made her reactive to Sami's schemes..She stopped being  a character once the show wanted to deify the villains and antiheroes of the show, instead of the heroes of the show.. She was so much interesting as a kid under Sherry Anderson...I loved that woman, she knew how to make heroines interesting and complex....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

From Jason47

FIRST TEASER FOR FRIDAY, AUGUST 5 EPISODE RELEASED...FINAL EPISODE TO AIR BEFORE THE TWO-WEEK SUMMER OLYMPIC BREAK...MATTHEW ASHFORD TO APPEAR IN MORE SCENES WITH MELISSA REEVES

The first teaser has been posted for the Friday, August 5 episode, the last episode to air until Monday, August 22. In the episode, Jennifer imagines Jack comforting her.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:15 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Jennifer has never recovered from her dalliance with the Tan man...I have never forgiven her for her treatment of Jack.....I will never understand why Ken Corday hates the supercouples so much....

I didn't see much of the time when Jennifer was with Daniel, (they were just breaking up when I started watching 2 years ago), so I don't have the hate for her like some of you do.  

I also don't understand what Ken Corday has against the supercouples. At a time when ratings are falling, they should do anything to try to bring viewers back, and getting the supercouples back together would be a start.  Jennifer needs Jack.  Adrienne should not be marrying Lucas, she should be with Justin and they should be front-runner characters.

And then there's Hope. I realize PR wanted to leave for good, but throwing Hope into this ridiculous triangle, and making her a cold-blooded murderer is making me dislike Hope in the way some of you seem to dislike Jennifer. And not in a "love to hate them" way. 

• Love 3
Just now, buffynut said:

I didn't see much of the time when Jennifer was with Daniel, (they were just breaking up when I started watching 2 years ago), so I don't have the hate for her like some of you do.  

I also don't understand what Ken Corday has against the supercouples. At a time when ratings are falling, they should do anything to try to bring viewers back, and getting the supercouples back together would be a start.  Jennifer needs Jack.  Adrienne should not be marrying Lucas, she should be with Justin and they should be front-runner characters.

And then there's Hope. I realize PR wanted to leave for good, but throwing Hope into this ridiculous triangle, and making her a cold-blooded murderer is making me dislike Hope in the way some of you seem to dislike Jennifer. And not in a "love to hate them" way. 

Amen! I have never understood Ken Corday's apathy towards the viewers..It is truly mind-boggling...

• Love 2

I rather liked Eve and Justin....and sadly, Adrienne doesnt bring out the best in Judi Evans, which is weird because she's awesome...

It's the bad writing, I'm sure.

As for Hope, Aiden 1.0 was a great new partner with story potential for years. They f---ed him up for Rafe, which will fizzle out fast (I hope).

• Love 2

I, too, get Peter Reckell was done (As much as I hated it), and as I said in another prior post, if this was at a point where characterization was still a factor, as well as a slow build, I would have been fine with Hope in a new romance.

But the writing (being generous, calling it that) is now shit, characterization is nonexistent, and there is no build anymore. Add in that the head hack clearly wants her desired pet with Hope, and it all reeks.

Fair or not, Peter Reckell's Bo lost Hope in a time where the writing allowed him to have other romances that gained great success and popularity without disrespecting his past with Hope. (Of course, RKK would later take over, yet he still - thanks to characterization, writing, and pacing - made it work with both Carly and Billie. (Backstage is another issue.))

In the end, I'll be unpopular. I LOVED Peter as Bo and he will always be the definitive Bo. But he was recast once. With writer laziness, his backstory is fixed and assured and already built in. Find a non-pervy (meaning not RKK) replacement and go forward, since new romances with blank slates for Hope just are not working. It may not be KA's fault, but her post-Bo era versus Bo's post-Hope era happened in two very different soap landscapes. Roman was successfully recast (with Drake; should have stayed as such in hindsight) and even Mary Beth Evans' Kayla was a recast, though very few probably recall that now! (Even Kim had temp recasts.) Sure, a recast could suck and he could fail, but I think there's more of a chance for a glimmer of success if just because of the history versus the likes of Rafe. (UGH!)

Just my buck and a quarter here.

• Love 4

Wow, so happy to hear that Anna is coming back.  I wonder what her story would be.  There is no way in hell she would be with Andre.  Maybe they will explore her and Roman again.  Leann Hunley is probably the only actress outside of Lauren Koslow who can make Roman interesting again. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I rather liked Eve and Justin....and sadly, Adrienne doesnt bring out the best in Judi Evans, which is weird because she's awesome...

It's the bad writing, I'm sure.

As for Hope, Aiden 1.0 was a great new partner with story potential for years. They f---ed him up for Rafe, which will fizzle out fast (I hope).

Adrienne's characterization has not been good at all..They turned her into a judgmental shrew for Wilson..However Disneyboy, you missed out on Adrienne's introduction to the show years ago. She came in at the end of the Stockholm storyline, which I am currently watching. It seemed like she was going to be a crazy ex of Steve's, but, it was a red herring..She was his little sister..lol  It was great and Judy Evans was so wonderful in her original run as Adrienne....I loved her friendships with Kayla and Kim. Her romance with Justin was divine. I loved their Greek wedding in Greece..The show actually went on location to Greece..I still remember her meeting Steve face to face and the reveal that she was his sister Adrienne was chilling...Steve asking her if they kept her, referencing his abandonment by their mother Jo at the orphanage with his baby brother Billy a.k.a Jack.

Adrienne was such a fighter, fighting to bring her family back together, fighting with Justin to keep him from being corrupted by Victor's evil influence..Dealing with her rape by her dad and killing him..Fighting with Anjelica for Justin's love and coming to terms with her inability to conceive a child...Not to mention, dealing with the consequences of her affair with Emilio and losing Justin..Original recipe  Adrienne was so great..The Johnson family coming together was so great, so complicated and compelling..My favorite family on the show after the Bradys...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Hell, Judy Evans was great even when she played Bonnie Lockhart on the show.  Bonnie was a much better version than this current version of Adrienne. All this great talent on the show that is going to waste.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Hell, Judy Evans was great even when she played Bonnie Lockhart on the show.  Bonnie was a much better version than this current version of Adrienne. All this great talent on the show that is going to waste.

I liked the Lockhart Family....I loved Patrick with both Billie and Hope....I even like his relationship with Chelsea...Not to mention Patrick's weird relationship with EJ...lol

• Love 1

Sorry, but I must be the wet blanket! The Lockharts sucked! Hard. And so glad Judi Evans is no longer playing Bonnie independent of the hatchet job Adrienne is getting this time around.

Wow, that felt good!  :-P

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sorry, but I must be the wet blanket! The Lockharts sucked! Hard. And so glad Judi Evans is no longer playing Bonnie independent of the hatchet job Adrienne is getting this time around.

Wow, that felt good!  :-P

No worries! lol..I remember people either loving them or hating them..I was just so happy to have Judy again on the show that I put up with Bonnie's antics...I still get a chuckle when she tried to upstage the Horton Christmas party by having a gaudy ornament with her name put on the tree..The Hortons' reaction was comedy gold...lol

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I totally diagree with you.   I loved Mimi because out of all the teens I related to her a lot and thought Patrick was gorgeous til the writers then ruined that character and made him a Dimera henchman.   I'm still pissed Patrick wasn't the daddy to Ciara,  I felt the writers coped out big time on that one.   They could had played on the history of Bo/Caroline/Victor/Shawn,  but the show/network went back to status quo and I say this as a big Bo/Hope fan.   Bonnie was funny and Judi Evans handled the material well, now I don't miss the character,  but I found her entertaining and showed Judi's range as actress.  But that's my opinion.   ?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I totally diagree with you.   I loved Mimi because out of all the teens I related to her a lot and thought Patrick was gorgeous til the writers then ruined that character and made him a Dimera henchman.   I'm still pissed Patrick wasn't the daddy to Ciara,  I felt the writers coped out big time on that one.   They could had played on the history of Bo/Caroline/Victor/Shawn,  but the show/network went back to status quo and I say this as a big Bo/Hope fan.   Bonnie was funny and Judi Evans handled the material well, now I don't miss the character,  but I found her entertaining and showed Judi's range as actress.  But that's my opinion.   ?

Tomato, tomahto! It's all good. But - since I HATED all of them - obviously, I think Hope dodged a bullet in not having Patrick be Ciara's dad. Different opinions make the world go 'round!

16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Tomato, tomahto! It's all good. But - since I HATED all of them - obviously, I think Hope dodged a bullet in not having Patrick be Ciara's dad. Different opinions make the world go 'round!

Ok.