Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

CUE THE WUMBALANCE!!! ?? 

KM ISN'T HAPPY ABOUT HER EXIT FROM THE SOD MAGAZINE 

THIS CHICK IS TRYING TO GET ON AS LEVELS OF DIVA STATUS FOR DAYS.   OK IT WAS ONE THING WHEN ALL. SWEE WAS UPSET ABOUT WILL BEING KILLED OFF BUT KM WAS ON FOR 4 YRS AND PROVIDED THE VIEWERS WHAT AS ABBY??  SHE WAS DAYS HUMAN PROP AND BELIEVES SHE SHOULD HAD BEEN GIVEN A PROPER EXIT??? OH PLEASE.   THE VORTEX OF SUCK WILL CONTINUE JUST SHE WILL BE A RECAST ??  I UNDERSTAND CRABBYs FANS BEING EMOTIONAL SINCE THEY HAVEN'T HAD MUCH HAPPY SINCE THE TWO REUNITED BUT AS FOR HER SUCK IT UP AND LIVE THAT IT'S SHOWBUZZ.   REMEMBER YOU CHOSE TO WALK AWAY FROM DAYS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.  DUST! 

Sorry  for the caps but out of all actresses on this show to bitch and moan about story direction -  KM - ???- ain't that bout a bitch.   And yet some Days fans hate Jen Lilley for no damn reason and shes handling her exit with class and grace.   

She speaks about Marci Miller a little 

Well maybe she didn't get the memo like GV or BF and many others that's been outspoken about their characters . LOL

2 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Well maybe she didn't get the memo like GV or BF and many others that's been outspoken about their characters .

Or maybe she's bitter. LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

I wonder is she upset at the alleged script writer boyfriend of hers on the show.   Poor guy must caught hell about her story dictation.   Plus I think she's also a tad bitter she wasn't nominated for Emmy.   I forget if she even showed up to this year's event or not.   She did all that heroine/h03 shit last year with Abifail and she wasn't on the final check list to be on the Outstanding Lead Actress ballot.   ???This just makes me happier MBE won the Emmy now.   

Her sense of entitlement is rather off-putting...She needs to shut up. She got an exit and dominated the show to my utter displeasure..Stefanie another legacy child disappeared with no fanfare....I won't even rant about how she was thrown under the bus for Melanie...

• Love 6

Okay, I've only been back with Days for a year now after a few years' absence, but...but...

There is no way KM has any degree of screen presence or depth of acting skills compared to MBE, who just keeps growing as an actress, or compared to Kassie DePaiva, or Judi Evans, or to Jen Lilley [as a relative up-and-comer, so suitable comparison], or to AZ, whom admittedly, I just love irrationally.

To me KM just bug-eyes her way through scenes and has no damn vocal range or inflection, aside from other areas where she's lacking.

• Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't even understand KM is complaining about. How does being in a mask on her last airdate undue all of the hard work (LMAO) she's done?

Like I said her exit story isn't that bad IMO.   However if I had to defend KM for a little it would only be for rabid Crabbs fans.   In typical Days,  a reunited couple tends to get some happy and joyous  time after they had been through a level of angst and drama like those two had.   Crabbs and the plot baby should be having some happiness and close family scenes and not in major story at the time.    And since KM was exiting,  maybe Abifail should had gotten kidnapped on her last week by Ben and thrown in a barn for the next 5 months.   Then when we're introduced to the recast,  MM, for November Sweeps.   But it didn't happen that way unfortunately for Crabbs fans. 

My question is where are the other 4 Matt Ashford episodes that were promised?    I almost feel he'll be in at least one of Abifail's exit episodes especially with the fire that injuries her. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her sense of entitlement is rather off-putting...She needs to shut up. She got an exit and dominated the show to my utter displeasure..Stefanie another legacy child disappeared with no fanfare....I won't even rant about how she was thrown under the bus for Melanie...

Ughhhhhh Melanie was and still another human prop.   

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

Like I said her exit story isn't that bad IMO.   However if I had to defend KM for a little it would only be for rabid Crabbs fans.   In typical Days,  a reunited couple tends to get some happy and joyous  time after they had been through a level of angst and drama like those two had.   Crabbs and the plot baby should be having some happiness and close family scenes and not in major story at the time.    And since KM was exiting,  maybe Abifail should had gotten kidnapped on her last week by Ben and thrown in a barn for the next 5 months.   Then when we're introduced to the recast,  MM, for November Sweeps.   But it didn't happen that way unfortunately for Crabbs fans. 

Will/Sonny ended with Will being murdered and thrown in a trash bag. Bo and Hope ended with Bo dying. Sami and EJ ended with EJ in the morgue. Sami and Lucas were broken up multiple times at the alter of EJami and then had their first born child killed off. Nicole and Dan ended with Dan being killed. etc etc etc. At least Crabs fans can be happy that Failure, Chad, and plot point baby are still alive. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Will/Sonny ended with Will being murdered and thrown in a trash bag. Bo and Hope ended with Bo dying. Sami and EJ ended with EJ in the morgue. Sami and Lucas were broken up multiple times at the alter of EJami and then had their first born child killed off. Nicole and Dan ended with Dan being killed. etc etc etc. At least Crabs fans can be happy that Failure, Chad, and plot point baby are still alive. 

Well there goes my defense.   Sorry Crabby fans I tried ?

• Love 4
(edited)

KM has always struck me as entitled and delusional, so her complaining about her exit story as not being good enough doesn't surprise me at all.  I'm very glad she's gone but still wish they would have killed of the Abigail character for good. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

Shaaaaaaaaade.

Sorry, I just learned about that word and wanted to use it. But its still apt.

Wasn't there talk of a recast though? I wonder if she'll be just off somewhere doing something until one shows up.

(edited)
8 hours ago, rcc said:

SS left the way she was on the show. The character development for her was horrible but she also didn't have any screen presence at all.

To be fair, her storyline was edited out of the show by Higley...It is obvious based on the recaps that she was going to be a psycho stalker of Shawn..She was very obsessive and clingy..Not to mention that she disliked Belle and Claire...Josh was going to make her a dark character, that is all that he likes to write..he turned Joey into a murderer, Chase into a rapist and made Ciara his victim..In some ways, Josh was worst than Higley...If the show wanted to give Shawn a psycho stalker, then they should have had Jan Spears wake up from her coma and torment the last blast crew...Philip, Shawn, Chloe and Belle were in town at the same time, it would have been the perfect time to bring Jan back....We need a villainess that is not a Dimera....Jan was a good one and she could have been used periodically to cause trouble for them...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Billy's fiancee looks like a good match for him.

I just realized they aren't recasting Theresa. Maybe that's because of the plot, but I'm going to choose to see it as a tribute to how respected JL is at DAYS.

...unlike Slappy.

• Love 1

Andrew Donavan possibly showing up soon from soaphub

Pease played coy when an interviewer from buzzworthyradiocast.com asked her about a whatever happened to Andrew. With a sly look, she teased that we may find out, but also hinted she’s keeping her lips zipped.

5 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

I dunno...Can you imagine what these "writers" might do to the character of Andrew? I can, and it's baaaaaad and scary. Yikes!  We should be careful what we wish for ;)

You are correct, Dena is at the helm..For years, I wanted Jeannie to come back and be with Stefanie, since they grew up together in LA..I did not like the characterization of Theresa....She is not what I imagined the daughter of Kim and Shane would be.....I would have loved to have seen what Sherry Anderson would have done with Theresa and her backstory...I will never believe that Kim and Shane were horrible parents...

• Love 3

I don't believe they were horrible parents either. But then I don't believe in much of what I see on Days.  Just too many characters acting out of character, with no consistency in even how out of character they act.  I live in the eighties and early nineties (except for Kayla and a guy with an accent...I can't say his name in this sentence). I'm  happy there. 

• Love 4
Just now, Revlonred said:

I don't believe they were horrible parents either. But then I don't believe in much of what I see on Days.  Just too many characters acting out of character, with no consistency in even how out of character they act.  I live in the eighties and early nineties (except for Kayla and a guy with an accent...I can't say his name in this sentence). I'm  happy there. 

Great minds think alike..I have been binging on some episodes in the 80's on youtube and the show is so damn good...I love seeing the Bradys interact with one another....My favorite family on the show...

• Love 4

The show was heaven.  Everyone interacted, everyone lived like people and had lives.  Bradys were my favs too.  It just worked because the writers made it work, they were smart and careful, and the actors delivered.  Even weak actors were okay because the writing was there, and the actors worked together.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

The show was heaven.  Everyone interacted, everyone lived like people and had lives.  Bradys were my favs too.  It just worked because the writers made it work, they were smart and careful, and the actors delivered.  Even weak actors were okay because the writing was there, and the actors worked together.  

Perfect post, everything flowed together tying several characters and storylines together seamlessly..Those were the days...

• Love 4

I'm putting this here, as it may affect the storyline in ... 6 months or so

DRAKE HOGESTYN SIDELINED AT DAYS

DAYS fave Drake Hogestyn (John) is suffering from injuries after a freakish fall from a tree outside of his home, reports the new issue of The Globe, out today. As a result, the actor has been temporarily written out of the soap. “Show execs have been told Drake suffered internal bleeding,” reads the Globe story. “It sounds like he cheated death.” The incident reportedly occurred in early May. Setsiders tell Digest that Hogestyn did indeed suffer a fall and hasn’t been filming in recent weeks. We wish him a speedy recovery!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/drake-hogestyn-sidelined-at-days/

• Love 2

While it sucks when someone loses their job in soaps,  he's still young plus he wasn't on contract.   He'll have more chances to do other projects elsewhere.   

Yet let's face it,  Days has to do something about their 18-34 demo problem.   Since February  this rape between Ciara/Chase along with the awful acting and storylines among the young people in that teen set,  the demos have been in the toliet!   Chase is no Jack Deveraux.   The Jennings are not a core family like the Johnsons were thanks to Steve/Adrienne that one could easily sympathize with before Jack entered the picture,    they are more of a 12th tier family.   Like most of us have said it took years for Jack to be fully redeemed after raping Kayla but he will always be a rapist.   Days don't have those type of years or writers/producers anymore to clean Chase up and cement him back being into a decent citizen of Salem.   

Lastly the audience is effin sick,  at least I am, of seeing rape redemption in daytime.   Granted it's soap opera,  but rape is a very sensitive subject and I feel Days uses as plot point instead of taking the issue serious and treating it with care.   As we all see,  Ciara's rape could had been done well if Josh Griffith took the time to layer it out organically but the story burnt out real fast like the wind and the acting has been mediocre.   I can see how uncomfortable the actors are trying to perform pseudo-incest-rape the last 6 months. 

In the end,  I think this is a smart move on the producers and writers to quickly close this story out and overhaul the teen set a bit with the storytelling instead of this dark/goth stuff they didn't have the range for especially VJ herself.   The teens need to be in young love,  somewhat complicated and fun storylines since they need more time to learn how to act. 

• Love 2

Now Show needs to send Ciara on a year long tour around the world.  She can carry Dougie's ukele case and Julie's Muumuu's.  Just GET RID OF HER until they can recast with someone who can actually act.  I'm done waiting for her to get better.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Chase

Whaaaaaaa..?! He looks WAY different in those pics. Probably for the best. He won't want anyone remembering he played this crappy character.. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, boes said:

Now Show needs to send Ciara on a year long tour around the world.  She can carry Dougie's ukele case and Julie's Muumuu's.  Just GET RID OF HER until they can recast with someone who can actually act.  I'm done waiting for her to get better.

lmaoooo...  I don't know why they won't recast Ciara.   VJ is wooden and a deer in headlights most of the time.   Yet this is the same show saddled us for 4yrs with KM.   ?

• Love 4

JPL out as Phillip? 

This week’s edition of GLOBE Magazine states that John-Paul Lavoisier was recently fired from the NBC soap opera, although neither ‘DOOL’ nor John-Paul Lavoisier has confirmed the casting news.  According to GLOBE Magazine’s inside sources, Lavoisier was given his walking papers because the producers of the daytime drama thought he “wasn’t a good fit.”

The tabloid’s inside source stated, “He was blind-sided.  He got the axe in a phone call and he’s furious he wasn’t at least told in person.”  The insider went on to say that TPTB at ‘Days Of Our Lives‘ are considering bringing back the original Philip Kiriakis, actor Jay Kenneth Johnson.

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2016/days-of-our-lives-news-is-john-paul-lavoisier-out-at-dool/

• Love 1
On 6/10/2016 at 0:58 PM, LeftPhalange said:

I don't even understand KM is complaining about. How does being in a mask on her last airdate undue all of the hard work (LMAO) she's done?

I think KM was ticked that she wasn't able to show--in her grossly entitled opinion--her vast array of facial expressions for her last episode.  Try not to laugh too hard :):)

And I'm kind of thrilled the show has decided that the soap superstar JPL needed to be cut loose--he was kind of exhausting to watch.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And I'm kind of thrilled the show has decided that the soap superstar JPL needed to be cut loose--he was kind of exhausting to watch.

His next soap job needs to be behind the scenes.  Food service or janitorial.

• Love 4