Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kristen and the Dimeras are all played out..Their continued omnipotent presence on the show has contributed to the downfall of the show..Villains should not ever drive stories...Stefano was so much effective when he used to come in for a short stint and disappear again, once his misdeeds were exposed..Stefano living freely unperturbed  in the same town as his victims was absurd..He should have remained in the coma that Marlena put him in as his eternal punishment for his vile acts over the years...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I need background on this Larry dude...who is he connected to in town?

This goes back to around 1984-1985. After splitting up with Bo, Hope began dating Larry Welch (alot of backstory drama but Im trying to keep it short) and they got engaged. On the day of the wedding, Bo shows up at the church and kidnaps Hope to stop the wedding. 

6 hours ago, mikesgirl99 said:

This goes back to around 1984-1985. After splitting up with Bo, Hope began dating Larry Welch (alot of backstory drama but Im trying to keep it short) and they got engaged. On the day of the wedding, Bo shows up at the church and kidnaps Hope to stop the wedding. 

On his MOTORCYCLE : )

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

On his MOTORCYCLE : )

Which was the sexiest and most romantic thing my 10/11 year old self had seen, ever (until Stephen Earl Johnson met Miss Kayla Brady)!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Revlonred said:

Lol, this show gave me some very strange ideas about love and boys and what was EXCITING!

I had already acquired my thing for bad boys with a heart of gold somehow -- maybe Mod Squad, I don't know : )

• Love 3

Today Y&R added an in memorium for George Kennedy today. He wasn't a big member of the cast but he did play a role (he was used in flashbacks today) and the show had enough class to acknowledge his passing.

Days never acknowledged the passing of Ralph Waite who played Father Matt. Just goes to show that even though Sony owns both shows one is classy, the other doesn't care to be. 

• Love 6

Well...okay then. I'd be fine with Paul and Sonny as a slow-build couple, I guess. Still don't see much chemistry between them though...

I used to love Stable Sonny, but his waffling wore me out. Hope he is more firm this time around.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

She really is stunning.

So, catching up and reading all the spec that Theresa may be killed off.  I can't believe this show would be so stupid as to fire one of the best actors on the show, but then Days has done so many stupid and short-sighted things.  But this would be a spectacularly stupid even by Days standards.

Yeah Days probably has concluded there isn't that much investment in the character from the general audience and she has basically run her course and the solution is to kill her off. Also maybe since Ciara is now being groomed to be the next star of the show, there might not be any need for her anymore. Also I have a nagging feeling that this might be Higley's idea and this is her desperate attempt to get rid of Theresa just to pair Brady & Nicole together. Maybe there's also a possibility they might bring in more young women to replace Theresa, so that could be another reason for killing her off. Also maybe Jen Lilley doesn't want to be in soaps anymore and she might want to move on. 

• Love 1

Jen Lilley moves on, so do I.  Best actress in her age group BAR NONE - AZ I consider in a different age group - so, dump her, and keep knucklehead, naired, plucked and oiled Brady and I'm out.

Hell.... I can watch uploads of Ryan's Hope and actually enjoy myself.

And yes, Show is making me cranky.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, boes said:

Jen Lilley moves on, so do I.  Best actress in her age group BAR NONE - AZ I consider in a different age group - so, dump her, and keep knucklehead, naired, plucked and oiled Brady and I'm out.

Hell.... I can watch uploads of Ryan's Hope and actually enjoy myself.

And yes, Show is making me cranky.

Yeah, why aren't they getting rid of Brady instead? At the rate this show is going, Brady might end up with a different woman six months from now and it'll be like Theresa never existed. Brady has pretty much run his course and maybe when Eric Martsolf's contract runs out in October, maybe he'll decide to move on too. He's been on the show long enough. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Where are all of these doomsday scenarios regarding Theresa and/or Tate coming from? I haven't seen any credible sources. 

So far it's just rumors but there's been a lot of clues within the last month or so based on tweets and an interview from JL/EM at the Emmys where Eric made a strange comment that there's been a trend lately that people who leave the show get nominated for Emmys and he looked right at Jen as he said it and he apparently did another interview where he refers to Theresa as "the woman he currently shares a baby with" and a strange comment that Kassie DePaiva gave when she was interviewed about coming back for Theresa's wedding that she has no one left in town. All indications suggest that it could be Theresa. Also a blind item came out from Serial Scoop yesterday and it sounds a lot like it could be Jen Lilley leaving too. If that's the case, maybe it might be the actress's choice to leave but it might also be the show's mutual decision to let her go. 

Also if Jen Lilley really is leaving I don't understand why General Hospital hasn't approached her to play Maxie again for Kirsten Storms. I don't buy that shit that she wasn't available. Surely they could've have at least asked her if she wanted to go back to General Hospital and she might've said yes and she might've started doing General Hospital while wrapping up her role on Days. Was Molly Burnett really their only option?

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 1

Of course the writers are going to be predictable and automatically put Sonny and Sparkle back together because they're the only gays on canvas. And I highly doubt they will even have the decency to do a slow burn with them. They'll probably be engaged by the end of the year. They had to have at least been thinking about trying to get FS to resign sooner rather than later when they were writing his exit story so I don't know why they chose to *resolve* things the way they did. Sonny leaves to get a break from the drama but says he'll be back and hopes to repair his marriage. Then they murder Will. Now Sonny will be back less than a year later and will get back with Sparkle. This is not a good look. 

• Love 1

Well that really, really blows.  I am going to miss seeing Jen Lilley - she brought so much to this show and is a terrific actor.  I thought that once Kate Mansi finally (thankfully) left that Theresa would get some of the attention that was wasted on Abigail.  I do wonder what the hell is going on there behind the scenes there.

• Love 3

A veteran daytime soap opera executive producer is on his or her way out at this sudser. I hear the suits have been quietly building their case for quite some times, citing ratings woes among other issues.

While it will likely be spun in the press as the exiting E.P.'s decision to leave, make no mistake, this person is about to be canned. 

Speaking of firings, a writing regime at one daytime drama has until the end of summer to shape up or ship out.  Over at yet another sudser, people are beginning to whisper that this scribe isn't physically or mentally capable of handling the job of helming a soap's writing room anymore. 

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/05/28/blind-item-this-soap-showrunner-is-about-to-be-fired

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd love it if those first two were about FV and the newest regime of boring writers at GH.  That was my favorite soap of all time but I haven't been able to watch in a very long time.

I wonder if the third is about Higley.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1
(edited)

I guess this means Theresa and Brady will get married in August at the K mansion from the pics we saw in the spoiler section.  But Theresa will probably die in November, Isabella special.   Poor Tate.  ??  That can explain why everyone was wearing black clothes, St Luke's was open and of course Shane/Kim's return.  I wish Days could recast her with a Brittany Allen but doesn't seem like they will be .  Best of wishes to Jen and whatever choices she has lined up.  She had some good years on Days.  Thank you.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

One thing is for certain, Dena Higley will be doing Nicole/BRady now.  She always wanted that pairing.  Always!  I don't expect her to be remote interested in doing a sexy quad between Chloe/Phillip/Brady/Nicole that has so much history dating back to the Last Blast years.  That would be too much like trying!

3 hours ago, Braniac Woman said:

So far it's just rumors but there's been a lot of clues within the last month or so based on tweets and an interview from JL/EM at the Emmys where Eric made a strange comment that there's been a trend lately that people who leave the show get nominated for Emmys and he looked right at Jen as he said it and he apparently did another interview where he refers to Theresa as "the woman he currently shares a baby with" and a strange comment that Kassie DePaiva gave when she was interviewed about coming back for Theresa's wedding that she has no one left in town. All indications suggest that it could be Theresa. Also a blind item came out from Serial Scoop yesterday and it sounds a lot like it could be Jen Lilley leaving too. If that's the case, maybe it might be the actress's choice to leave but it might also be the show's mutual decision to let her go. 

Also if Jen Lilley really is leaving I don't understand why General Hospital hasn't approached her to play Maxie again for Kirsten Storms. I don't buy that shit that she wasn't available. Surely they could've have at least asked her if she wanted to go back to General Hospital and she might've said yes and she might've started doing General Hospital while wrapping up her role on Days. Was Molly Burnett really their only option?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but since she still be airing on NBC that it couldn't happen. 

Or JL could have been approached & said no. I got the feeling she is done with soaps.

There is a million more options then MB maxie could have been sent out of town too see her baby or her bio daddy Frisco

(edited)
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Of course the writers are going to be predictable and automatically put Sonny and Sparkle back together because they're the only gays on canvas. And I highly doubt they will even have the decency to do a slow burn with them. They'll probably be engaged by the end of the year. They had to have at least been thinking about trying to get FS to resign sooner rather than later when they were writing his exit story so I don't know why they chose to *resolve* things the way they did. Sonny leaves to get a break from the drama but says he'll be back and hopes to repair his marriage. Then they murder Will. Now Sonny will be back less than a year later and will get back with Sparkle. This is not a good look. 

One thing is for sure between DC/FS returns, someone on the production team must had a stroke at the decision makings on the show 6 -8 months ago.  And I believe it was Ken Corday.  He probably found enough time away from he golf course and found out who died and must had sweat dripping off his forehead and armpits.  Now Josh Griffth, allegedly quit, and a possible campy-soapy writer who use to work with James Reilley is in.  Hmm.  Now Aiden is back with some character development and Paul will be getting some booty action soon from Sonny and the gays will be on again.  So yeah this smells like Corday not Meng.

Edited by BlackMamba
On May 25, 2016 at 0:55 PM, swtrgrl said:

I've avoided them like the plague. I can't imagine enjoying myself other than to meet other fans. I'm not big on being queued up to have 2 minutes of un-meaningful exchanges with people. I'd want something more intimate where conversation could develop.

I did the Guiding Light Fan Luncheon 2 years in a row and it was meh. I had fun with one of the younger actresses b/c her boyfriend was my hometown bartender. I surprised her with that knowledge. Fun. Plus, met Daniel Cosgrove and did the 90210 dance with him. But in general, in that quick setting, what is there to say/ask that they haven't been asked a bajillion times (in the past hour, even)? And if you did come up with something, what would come of it besides a quick answer/laugh, etc...they have to get to the next person in queue.

Which young actress was that

(edited)

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/05/28/jen-lilley-quits-days-of-our-lives

Well I'm really really sad to hear that...but she's very talented and deserves to move on to better things.

But I'm saying goodbye with her.

And I really don't want Theresa offed...but this is DAYS. They don't give a f.

I'd rather Tate go, leaving Theresa so bereft she needs out of Salem.

Would it be too much to hope for some Theresa/John mini-arc? I think he needs to get some revenge on her or something after what she did to him.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Killing Theresa off is typical of this show...I have always said that the show does not develop their legacy children. They should be driving stories with their parents giving support.  I don't feel the show ever put much effort to develop her as a compelling and complex character, as I feel she was more than capable of handling it. First she was way too conniving and bitchy, then she was too watered down as a "redeemed" character. Her so-called redemption was contingent on making Kim and Shane bad parents..I will never buy that....My biggest gripe is they never used any of her family members to support her in her redemption. There is no way that Kayla, Roman, Hope and Steve would ignore Kimmie's daughter...Never....I would even put John in that category as well. As Roman, he had a strong bond with Kim and Shane.....It is truly a waste...I also hate the fact that I will never see Stefanie and Theresa interact with one another..

• Love 5

No word on an Andrew Donavan casting ?

Sighs...  what's really sucks about this was the shitty storyline Theresa/JL is currently in with the Summer's Eve bitch.   To think this will be her last "major" story on the show.   Unless the show gives her a quicky heart disease or cancer similar to an Izzy B.  I just dont want this character being shot,  getting a brain tumor or car accident.   That's usually Days MOs now for doing deaths are those three options.   I wont be surprised if Brady is back on coke by the end of the year or boinking Nicole as a means of relief.   That's typical Brady.   Drugs or fucking Nicole to feel better. 

I'll always appreciate Theresa taking a swing at John Black.   ? 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

No word on an Andrew Donavan casting ?

Sighs...  what's really sucks about this was the shitty storyline Theresa/JL is currently in with the Summer's Eve bitch.   To think this will be her last "major" story on the show.   Unless the show gives her a quicky heart disease or cancer similar to an Izzy B.  I just dont want this character being shot,  getting a brain tumor or car accident.   That's usually Days MOs now for doing deaths are those three options.   I wont be surprised if Brady is back on coke by the end of the year or boinking Nicole as a means of relief.   That's typical Brady.   Drugs or fucking Nicole to feel better. 

I'll always appreciate Theresa taking a swing at John Black.   ? 

The rabid Jarlena fans hate her for that....They feel that made her irredeemable...lol I just hate that another legacy child will die senselessly....

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The rabid Jarlena fans hate her for that....They feel that made her irredeemable...

Pfft..  DrHog been phoning it in for the last 15 yrs.   John/DrHo needed someone to wake him up from his coma! 

• Love 1
Just now, BlackMamba said:

Pfft..  DrHog been phoning it in for the last 15 yrs.   John/DrHo needed someone to wake him up from his coma! 

He was much better as Roman....He was never a thespian, but, he had charisma, presence and chemistry with his leading ladies, siblings and parents..I have never cared for Drake as John....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He was much better as Roman....He was never a thespian, but, he had charisma, presence and chemistry with his leading ladies, siblings and parents..I have never cared for Drake as John....

I loved Drake Hogestyn as Roman, too. Just seemed a waste to retcon things since Wayne Northrop left again. In hindsight, maybe he [WN] should have been the fake with Roman's original face. (And all these years later, Josh Taylor is still not Roman to me and will always be Chris Kositchek, which makes Roman/Kayla sorta creepy these days! Since I think it was Chris in a romance with CMS' Kayla.) And it's true Drake is no Olivier, but his charm and spark did make up for it. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I sort of get why he may have checked out: His character has been so decimated with the 3 trillion backstories, so how the hell can he play John when the foundation is on quicksand and the history changes on a dime?

With all that said, I think he was also okay in his early John days with Isabella. I still love that pairing.

• Love 3