Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, boes said:

Harsh.  That's sure not how I saw his scenes.  He didn't lie to Rory, he promised him something he couldn't deliver. Felt pretty bad about it too.  As to why he should abjure sex with Gabi because of that is beyond me.

Sure, it was a mistake on his part...but the implications for Rory are potentially life-threatening....and JJ seemed bummed in private for all of two seconds before joking about handing out parking tickets and climbing onto Gabi. Real remorse and concern wouldn't have allowed for that. Rory could get stabbed for talking and will end up in jail for possession, but his response is a weak "oh well, oopsie, sex time!" ???

LOVED Rory pointing out JJ ditched him and their friendship. If JJ was invested in Rory's well being, he could have tried to get him another job or something. Wake him up to the seriousness of dealing drugs. Get Roman to give him a job at the Pub. Something!

Rory comes from a low income family, remember... he is more susceptible to a life of crime.

• Love 1
(edited)

Isn't that all too detailed with layers the writers could never convey on paper to the actors?

I mean specifically the DAYS writers the past couple of years.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

This is intruiging, but would be more so if we hadn't been Hoped to death recently, right? Alive and older Zach is adorable -- they should have saved the actor for a better role than a one-shot deal.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Isn't that all too detailed with layers the writers could never convey on paper to the actors?

I mean specifically the DAYS writers the past couple of years.

JJ not being physically capable of having intimate relations with Gabi because of the shock of seeing Rory in such dire straights and then making it worse would have been poignant, I think. They could have talked about his conflicted emotions and Gabi could have understood how close JJ came to getting jail time over his drug issues. And then after cuddling sweetly, Rory could have shown up.

What am I thinking though - this isn't Another World. 

Damn I'm bummed about Lilley Leaving.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

JJ not being physically capable of having intimate relations with Gabi because of the shock of seeing Rory in such dire straights and then making it worse would have been poignant, I think. They could have talked about his conflicted emotions and Gabi could have understood how close JJ came to getting jail time over his drug issues. And then after cuddling sweetly, Rory could have shown up.

What am I thinking though - this isn't Another World. 

Damn I'm bummed about Lilley Leaving.

Right, you and I can write that but the Days writers don't have that talent. THAT was my point.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

This is intruiging, but would be more so if we hadn't been Hoped to death recently, right? Alive and older Zach is adorable -- they should have saved the actor for a better role than a one-shot deal.

Zack's death gutted me..I still feel that it was totally unnecessary. It did not change the landscape of Salem....Nothing really change for the Brady family....I still remember Hope's scream upon receiving the news of his death, Lexie's tearful reaction and the look on Bo's face....So much history between those 3 characters...Had Zack lived,I could see Zack and Joey going on adventures together like their dads...

• Love 3
(edited)

If Zack would had lived he would be around the same age as JJ,  Will, Sonny, Nick, Abifail and Gabi.   That would had been good united of 20 Somethings. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

What are they going to do with Sonny? Put him in an off-screen relationship with Sparkle and have them be marginalized together? You know he's not going to be back in Ari G's life.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2016 at 10:03 PM, Sandman said:

What are they going to do with Sonny? Put him in an off-screen relationship with Sparkle and have them be marginalized together? You know he's not going to be back in Ari G's life.

Sonny is almost dead to me for abandoning her twice. He doesn't deserve her. 

• Love 1
On 6/3/2016 at 4:59 PM, Petunia13 said:

The actress replacing KM as Abigail looks like Pamela Courson.

Maybe that's what they were going for.  She kind of will take after Laura who is played by Jamie Lyn Bauer and a little after MR.   I almost feel KM was too cute to play Abifail.   Abigail is suppose to be the girl next door type. 

JL's statement almost sounds like they are not killing Theresa off.  But who knows.  Over on the other forum someone speculated that maybe Theresa is going to prison. (there was a casting call for female inmate just last week, I think)

Anyway, couldn't post this in the current forum, as JL's leaving would be a spoiler, but I hate knowing 6 months in advance that Theresa will be leaving Salem one way or another, as it makes it hard to care much about the current and upcoming storyline.

• Love 3

I'm sure the decision was hard for her. She was extremely close to the cast and crew. 

It sounds like from how she phrased it she would have be open to being recurring or on time to time but needed outs for her other career stuff (recording music, auditioning, any film or tv spots) and they didn't see the character going that direction. 

She is such a sweet charming girl and a lot of fun to watch, I look forward to her next projects. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm sure the decision was hard for her. She was extremely close to the cast and crew. 

It sounds like from how she phrased it she would have be open to being recurring or on time to time but needed outs for her other career stuff (recording music, auditioning, any film or tv spots) and they didn't see the character going that direction. 

She is such a sweet charming girl and a lot of fun to watch, I look forward to her next projects. 

I still don't understand.   Days now films 5 months ahead.   How much would they need her as full time??  Unless they do a lot of block taping for their major stories but Christopher S.  gets out and he's just now getting a storyline.   

(edited)
11 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Sonny is almost dead to me for abandoning her twice. He doesn't deserve her. 

I know what you mean, but to me it seems so completely out of character for him it doesn't compute. I find I can't make myself blame Sonny -- just the writers. I can't even wrap my head around it, except on a meta-level. (Yes, I'm splitting hairs. You wanna borrow my electron microscope, swtrgrl?)

The end result might be the same, though, since I doubt I can bring myself to watch Sonny's return next month.

Edited by Sandman
Too many ?s to go around. Plus I just thought of something.
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I know what you mean, but for me it seems so completely out of character for him it doesn't compute. I find I can't make myself blame Sonny -- just the writers. I can't even wrap my head around it, except on a meta-level. (Yes, I'm splitting hairs. You wanna borrow my electron microscope, swtrgrl?)

In my mind, when I think about it, which is admittedly not very much, Sonny skypes with the tyke every day and has met up with her and Gabi on their photo shoots.

Also, it's a soap staple, across the networks, of stepparents dearly loving stepchildren and vice versa, and then when that primary relationship ends, eventually that relationship dissolves, is never mentioned.  Like Rafe with Sami's kids - he never mentions them at all anymore.  Or on Y&R, you'd never know Abby was mostly raised by Brad Carlton and not Victurd - Brad who? - and on and on.  Their are exceptions, of course, but I'm not at all surprised given our current regimes that Sonny wasn't one of those.

• Love 4

Aw! Now I'm getting all verklempt thinking of Ari G clapping her little dimpled hands together imperiously and crowing "Ari Skype Sonny Da! Ari Skype Sonny Da, mama!"

Thanks, boes. (Yes, I'm a hair-splitting sentimentalist. And your point would be ...?)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Sandman said:

I know what you mean, but to me it seems so completely out of character for him it doesn't compute. I find I can't make myself blame Sonny -- just the writers. I can't even wrap my head around it, except on a meta-level. (Yes, I'm splitting hairs. You wanna borrow my electron microscope, swtrgrl?)

The end result might be the same, though, since I doubt I can bring myself to watch Sonny's return next month.

I have my own but thank you! LOL

If his return doesn't eventually (6 months or less) involve Will...I'm only going to read the tweet recaps. Maybe watch Pinky's clips (doubtful).

16 hours ago, boes said:

In my mind, when I think about it, which is admittedly not very much, Sonny skypes with the tyke every day and has met up with her and Gabi on their photo shoots.

I hope so.

16 hours ago, boes said:

Also, it's a soap staple, across the networks, of stepparents dearly loving stepchildren and vice versa, and then when that primary relationship ends, eventually that relationship dissolves, is never mentioned.  Like Rafe with Sami's kids - he never mentions them at all anymore.  Or on Y&R, you'd never know Abby was mostly raised by Brad Carlton and not Victurd - Brad who? - and on and on.  Their are exceptions, of course, but I'm not at all surprised given our current regimes that Sonny wasn't one of those.

Sonny was more than just a stepfather..Tomsell made it clear that Sonny was her father on the same level as her biological father Will...They used the Days of our lives trope of having a father deliver his child.. Shane delivered Andrew, Jack delivered Abigail, John delivered Isabella, and Sonny delivered Arianna signaling a special bond between them....Sonny abandoned Arianna three times...Higley wanted to dismantle the image of a Gay family that Tomsell worked hard to establish....She killed Will off and had Gabi released in time to reclaim her daughter from the "evil Gays"..I know alot of you don't believe that, but this is what I feel...She could easily have had Sonny come back and take Arianna away after Will's death....Both Will and Gabi had a custody agreement naming Sonny as Ari's legal guardian if something were to happen to either of her biological parents..Guy Wilson did say that Higley wanted to kill off Will to court back the conservative viewers who had left the show because of the Gay characters...

• Love 2

So the person Adriana called the other day is Blanca, a woman from Rafe's past, who will come on to try to disrupt Rafe and Hope.  She is played by telenovela actress Ximena Duque.  The part is currently short-term.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2016/days-of-our-lives-dool-spoilers-blanca-arrives-in-salem-ximena-duque-dishes-on-new-role-and-previews-whats-to-come/

Grown-up Zack in Hope's dream is played by Scott Shilstone - he has a lot of small roles in his imdb page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1740033/

The thing was it was shown from day one Sonny was a parent to Ari G and some moments closer and more affectionate with her than her biological parents. So it is curious that is gone. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sonny was more than just a stepfather..Tomsell made it clear that Sonny was her father on the same level as her biological father Will...They used the Days of our lives trope of having a father deliver his child.. Shane delivered Andrew, Jack delivered Abigail, John delivered Isabella, and Sonny delivered Arianna signaling a special bond between them....Sonny abandoned Arianna three times...Higley wanted to dismantle the image of a Gay family that Tomsell worked hard to establish....She killed Will off and had Gabi released in time to reclaim her daughter from the "evil Gays"..I know alot of you don't believe that, but this is what I feel...She could easily have had Sonny come back and take Arianna away after Will's death....Both Will and Gabi had a custody agreement naming Sonny as Ari's legal guardian if something were to happen to either of her biological parents..Guy Wilson did say that Higley wanted to kill off Will to court back the conservative viewers who had left the show because of the Gay characters...

I believe you. It was blatant, IMO. No other way to get around it. 

• Love 2

SOAP OPERA DIGEST CONFIRMS ALEXANDER BRUSZT'S DEPARTURE...

Alexander Bruszt's stint as Dr. Fynn Thompson comes to a close this summer. No final airdate has been announced. Bruszt competed in a contest in Australia to win a 13-week contract on "Days" in 2015 and ended up staying for an extra 26 weeks.

• Love 2

From SOD

DAYS has released a casting call for Dr. Caleb Cooper, a new contract role. The show is seeking a strong, established actor between the ages of 45-55 for the character, who is described as a “Good-looking loner. He lives on a self-sustaining farm in middle America, completely off the grid.… He finds peace and joy in nature. He keeps his past as a doctor secret, hiding the truth about a traumatic tragedy from his past.” The role will begin taping in August.

Please Jon Hensley please ?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think this show has forgotten Andrew even exists!

It is a shame.I loved the way that Sherry Anderson wrote him as a child...He adored his parents and he was such a mini Shane...Andrew, Eric, Shawn-Douglas, Jeremy, Max,Jeannie/Theresa, Stefanie, Carrie, Sami, Abigail, Sarah Horton, Noelle Curtis and the Kiriakis brothers should have been driving stories for their generation...The show has failed to developed the legacy children to carry the show into the future...

• Love 3

Oh Wally and Judi are back on recurring.   I think Higley will finally write for them (soapgods help us) since Griffith wouldn't and chose Stayla instead during the 50th.   

As for this Caleb guy,  he sounds like a Higley character.   

He finds peace and joy in nature. He keeps his past as a doctor secret, hiding the truth about a traumatic tragedy from his past

She loves writing about characters that reflect emotional/mental instability.  She's done that since her days on OLTL.   

If hes a full time character,  maybe,  this could be Jennifer's new man. 

26 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Please David Forsythe please ;-)

Too old.   The character is 45-55.  He's 68.

Jon is 50.  I could see him and Missy.   

Hmm...   ?

But notice Days this character will be like Fynn.   Just there to be an obstacle for a couple then he'll be gone 6 months. 

(edited)

CUE THE WUMBALANCE!!! ?? 

KM ISN'T HAPPY ABOUT HER EXIT FROM THE SOD MAGAZINE 

“I was disappointed,” the actress told Digest. “Truthfully, I think the abrupt script revisions with the mask were more a decision about Kate Mansi leaving than it was about the character of Abigail and that bothered me after all the work we put into telling this last story.”

THIS CHICK IS TRYING TO GET ON AS LEVELS OF DIVA STATUS FOR DAYS.   OK IT WAS ONE THING WHEN ALL. SWEE WAS UPSET ABOUT WILL BEING KILLED OFF BUT KM WAS ON FOR 4 YRS AND PROVIDED THE VIEWERS WHAT AS ABBY??  SHE WAS DAYS HUMAN PROP AND BELIEVES SHE SHOULD HAD BEEN GIVEN A PROPER EXIT??? OH PLEASE.   THE VORTEX OF SUCK WILL CONTINUE JUST SHE WILL BE A RECAST ??  I UNDERSTAND CRABBYs FANS BEING EMOTIONAL SINCE THEY HAVEN'T HAD MUCH HAPPY SINCE THE TWO REUNITED BUT AS FOR HER SUCK IT UP AND LIVE THAT IT'S SHOWBUZZ.   REMEMBER YOU CHOSE TO WALK AWAY FROM DAYS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.  DUST! 

Sorry  for the caps but out of all actresses on this show to bitch and moan about story direction -  KM - ???- ain't that bout a bitch.   And yet some Days fans hate Jen Lilley for no damn reason and shes handling her exit with class and grace.   

She speaks about Marci Miller a little 

“When I heard that they were going to be recasting, a quote instantly came to me,” she told Digest. “‘A candle by lighting another candle loses nothing.'"

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

KM should be happy that Failure wasn't murdered, thrown in a trash bag, and dumped in the home where her child lives for Chad to find. Since she feels like Days did her wrong hopefully she never auditions for another show or film produced or owned by Sony. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

KM should be happy that Failure wasn't murdered, thrown in a trash bag, and dumped in the home where her child lives for Chad to find. Since she feels like Days did her wrong hopefully she never auditions for another show or film produced or owned by Sony. 

I wonder is she upset at the alleged script writer boyfriend of hers on the show.   Poor guy must caught hell about her story dictation.   Plus I think she's also a tad bitter she wasn't nominated for Emmy.   I forget if she even showed up to this year's event or not.   She did all that heroine/h03 shit last year with Abifail and she wasn't on the final check list to be on the Outstanding Lead Actress ballot.   ???This just makes me happier MBE won the Emmy now.   

• Love 4