Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Nobody has confirmed that Theresa will die, it's just speculation.

We get that!  But Lauren Koslow and Stephen Nichols leaked pictures and so did  the guy who plays the priest at St Luke's.   And them all wearing black isn't hard to follow that there will be a death come Sweeps.   Everything adds up that more than likely it will be Theresa. 

• Love 2

If they kill Theresa, they're colossal idiots because what if Jen Lilley just wanted to take a break and would consider returning? Granted I have a feeling the show won't be around for much longer, but still.  Leave the door open! Kassie's coming back too, which makes me think Theresa will die.  She's engaged to Brady after all.  *sob*

• Love 3

If they had any sense at all, they'd have her fashion line pull her away to LA.

SIGH. With Kassie coming back, it's definitely either going to be Theresa or Tate. Or Caroline? It's so depressing how no one ever leaves this show on a bus anymore!

• Love 5
On May 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I loved Drake Hogestyn as Roman, too. Just seemed a waste to retcon things since Wayne Northrop left again. In hindsight, maybe he [WN] should have been the fake with Roman's original face. (And all these years later, Josh Taylor is still not Roman to me and will always be Chris Kositchek, which makes Roman/Kayla sorta creepy these days! Since I think it was Chris in a romance with CMS' Kayla.) And it's true Drake is no Olivier, but his charm and spark did make up for it. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I sort of get why he may have checked out: His character has been so decimated with the 3 trillion backstories, so how the hell can he play John when the foundation is on quicksand and the history changes on a dime?

With all that said, I think he was also okay in his early John days with Isabella. I still love that pairing.

I always thought that it shod have been revealed that WN was the fake and DH was the real Roman.  When the show refused to give us that, I thought the few hints being dropped about John's parentage (that he would be revealed to be Shawn's child and thus a Brady) before that awful he's Stegsno's half-brother should have been followed through with.

• Love 2

Shawn Douglas is staying and they didn't even know. That is saying something. You know maybe Shawn could gave some scenes with his sister and cousin Theresa  before she's gone since they are near (?) the same age? Just kidding,that's never going to happen because  I believe the writers sometimes want us to forget Theresa is a Brady. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Brandon Beemer is back taping.  Higley apparently didn't know he had just signed a new contract.

And it took them two months to realize this? Is his exit being scrapped or is he going to leave town and then come back two months later and then leave again six months later? What happens to his reunion with Belle? So much incompetence on display. 

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And it took them two months to realize this? Is his exit being scrapped or is he going to leave town and then come back two months later and then leave again six months later? What happens to his reunion with Belle? So much incompetence on display. 

I refuse to believe Higley didn't fucking know. Yeah Corday and Meng have been making their fair share of mistakes but  She's never been invested in Shawn/Belle at all.   Her pairing has been Phillip/Belle.   That's what she wanted even way back when she first became a headwriter and she wrote Shelle off the show (probably out of spite when she didn't get Phelle the 1st time and had to move Phillip over to Stephanie and Melanie).    Just like how she will definitely be doing Brady/Nicole the minute Theresa drops dead.   She won't remotely try and explore Brady/Chloe even though they had a layer of popularity in the early and mid 2000s.   She made Brady into a cokehead husband once he and Chloe came back to Salem and destroyed them.   I'll be shocked if she remotely do Deimos/Adrienne/Justin,  least that would be something she would get right,  unless Quan sees to it.   She gives no fucks about history when it comes to how these connections at work in this incestuous town Salem.   

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Long and exhaustive?

That's a perfect description of Kate Mansi's time on Days.  It sure as hell has exhausted me.

• Love 7

Yay! They found a new Abby. Can't wait to see how she interacts with the cast members.

Billy and Kate had a amazing dynamic between them, hopefully they will as well.

Here's a side by side of Abby & nuAbby. The eye color really makes a big difference. I wonder if nuAbby will darken her hair or stay blonde to match Jennifer. I can hardly wait till 2020 when we find out.

image.jpeg

• Love 2

I was always on the fence about recasting Abigail. My preference would have been to kill the character in such a way that she could never be resurrected.  But since soaps don't play that way, and since TIIC insist that this character is needed on the canvas, I prefer a recast so as to ensure that KM can never come back. 

The good news is that Marci Miller may actually be able to act, looks like she could be a child of Jack and Jennifer, and is pretty.  That's a huge improvement over KM, who couldn't act very well, looked nothing like Jack and Jennifer, and was homely. 

• Love 3

Yes I am aware of that. So what? it was also the choice of the actress who played greenlee on AMC and the one who played Lily on Y&R and they replaced their replacements when Hollywood didn't kick down their doors.their shows unceremoniously fired their replacements. It's happens on many serial dramas. 

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yes I am aware of that. So what? it was also the choice of the actress who played greenlee on AMC and the one who played Lily on Y&R and they replaced their replacements when Hollywood didn't kick down their doors.their shows unceremoniously fired their replacements. It's happens on many serial dramas. 

I agree. I think it happened with Jill on Y&R too. First, it was original Jill. Then she was replaced twice and then they bright back original Jill again. Then finally she was replaced by Jess Walton who has played her for 25 years plus. It does happen and I'm sure it will happen again whether they leave on their own or are they are fired.

Edited by ByaNose
34 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yep remember Peter Reckell and Robert Kelker Kelly.   Granted allegedy RKK had problems keeping his hands to himself and had a drug problem but because of PR's popularity after 5 yrs of being away,  RKK was let go and PR back in. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I have to agree she looks a bit old. Also recasting doesn't mean they won't bring back KM that happens on soaps a lot actually. 

Oh I know.  But I'm putting it out in the universe as a preemptive curse that once she leaves she can't ever come back.  Not as Abigail, not as a vision of Abigail, not as a replacement for another character, and not as a new character.

I agree, Disneyboy.  If this stupid show kills off Theresa while Abigail still breathes, it will be one Brady too far.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

They recast Abby but are possibly killing off Theresa?

I hate this show. Jennifer and her entire family sucks.

Not JJ.  Not our little Mister Cop.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, boes said:

Not JJ.  Not our little Mister Cop.

Oh whatever to JJ. You screw over your one friend with a fake plea deal, shrug and then screw your murdering girlfriend with a laugh? Wotta guy!

35 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh whatever to JJ. You screw over your one friend with a fake plea deal, shrug and then screw your murdering girlfriend with a laugh? Wotta guy!

Harsh.  That's sure not how I saw his scenes.  He didn't lie to Rory, he promised him something he couldn't deliver. Felt pretty bad about it too.  As to why he should abjure sex with Gabi because of that is beyond me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

Harsh.  That's sure not how I saw his scenes.  He didn't lie to Rory, he promised him something he couldn't deliver. Felt pretty bad about it too.  As to why he should abjure sex with Gabi because of that is beyond me.

I really hope the writers find a way to put Rory in JJ/Gabi's orbit.   Someone give him a contract. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope this new actress playing Failure is quickly fired (and then finds a gig somewhere better than this). 

You'll give anything for Abifail to finally not be on screen ?

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I don't like the character, either but I've been under the assumption that it was at least 75% Mansi/25% Writers. We'll see.

Oh I think Mansi deserves the lion's share of why viewers had such a disconnect with what the writers had in mind for the character and what we are actually seeing on screen.  For example, during Ari's Christening, KM should have played her scenes with a sense of irony, especially the speech in the church where Abby talked about being a moral role model for the little girl and yet we just watched her helping EJ cheat on Sami.

There was another moment where Abby told off Sami for telling Jordan about Rafe's cheating on her with Kate--Abby was disgusted and angry that Sami would "dare to destroy a happy couple"--again, played with no sense of irony.  Yet, we know the directors' understand irony because we've seen JL's Theresa play it in her scenes with Brady regarding Summer and Theresa's slowly winning over Maggie.  The only conclusion is that the writers realize that playing any sense of conflict is beyond KM's limited acting.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3