Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Liz has always had questionable morals and bad some bad choices, but this turns her into an out and out villain. Why does Ron insist on turning all characters bad? Has he ever done an interview where he explained his problem with heroes/good people?  Is there some hated family relative who was a firefighter or something that turned Ron against nice people?

• Love 4
(edited)
Michael Logan was not a fan of yesterday's episode:

Michael Logan

‏@TVGMLogan

Am I the only one who found the live ep of #GH kind of sluggy & stilted & not worth the trouble? I guess so. But I ❤ that @RebeccaBudig !!!

It was a regular episode shown live. The show is sluggy and stilted and not worth the trouble when it's taped. I mentioned somewhere that I hope Monday's show does something extra, otherwise the whole exercise was pointless. Have Lily Melgar show up looking weird and acting drunk doesn't cut it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

It was a regular episode shown live. The show is sluggy and stilted and not worth the trouble when it's taped. I mentioned somewhere that I hope Monday's show does something extra, otherwise the whole exercise was pointless. Have Lily Melgar show up looking weird and acting drunk doesn't cut it.

What these live shows needed was something truly shocking. As an example, Thursday's taped show could have ended with Sonny opening the door to a scarred and haggered Lily. Then on Friday we'd see her explain to Sonny that Dark Luke or whoever had stolen their baby and kept her prisoner all these years. And then the last scene Fri would he her talking on the phone to someone revealing she was the real baddie. Mon would then reveal she was in league with Jerry.

• Love 3
Liz has always had questionable morals and bad some bad choices, but this turns her into an out and out villain. Why does Ron insist on turning all characters bad? Has he ever done an interview where he explained his problem with heroes/good people?  Is there some hated family relative who was a firefighter or something that turned Ron against nice people?

Maybe by having all the characters do shitty things it makes it easier for them to have truly horrible characters as your leads - like Franco and Sonny.  Fans can't bitch about the awful thing such and such character does because everyone has done horrible things.  You're so called good guys are no better than your bad guys so that makes it easier for the bad guys to stick around and be made viable.

At least that's my convoluted way of thinking.

• Love 5

On a better written show, Anna shooting Carlos would be a shocking event.   But on this show, it's the third shooting-to-death in, like, a week, and people getting shot / killed / kidnapped / acting out of character is basically a constant occurrence.   

Lily coming back from the dead would also be non-shocking at this point because of all the non-dead characters roaming around already!  

You kind of shoot yourself in the foot (heh, no pun intended) when you never give characters periods to breathe and be happy and do regular things and act normal between "big" plot twists.  

• Love 11

You kind of shoot yourself in the foot (heh, no pun intended) when you never give characters periods to breathe and be happy and do regular things and act normal between "big" plot twists.

THIS. Sadly, MoRon thinks the quieter moments that allow beats to breathe for character building are boring.

• Love 3
Didn't the network order that someone be shot during the live eps?

So of course Ron chooses Carrrlos, whose death has basically no impact. Except to those of us who love JVP's awesome telenovela acting.

• Love 7

For me, the Franco/Nina garbage was even worse.  "We're launching some ludicrous new story with absolutely no set-up for characters most of you hate, but care because it's Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford being wacky LIVE!"

• Love 10

Jean Passanante apparently announced on Twitter that she's coming back to GH.  Didn't she have a degree of creative control at OLTL in mid-to-late 2010, a particularly dreadful period?

For me, the Franco/Nina garbage was even worse.  "We're launching some ludicrous new story with absolutely no set-up for characters most of you hate, but care because it's Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford being wacky LIVE!"

The worst part for me was the Egg Salad painting. Where the fuck did THAT idea come from?!?!

Jean Passanante apparently announced on Twitter that she's coming back to GH.  Didn't she have a degree of creative control at OLTL in mid-to-late 2010, a particularly dreadful period?

Yes, she came there after ATWT was cancelled (and I think her stint as HW of the latter is largely to blame for that). I thought she stayed to the end, though? 

The worst part for me was the Egg Salad painting. Where the fuck did THAT idea come from?!?!

That was part of the show Ava's gallery put on of Franco's paintings. By that time, though, his tumor had been removed along with all of his "talent," so Heather painted most (all?) of the pictures. I thought the Egg Salad painting was mildly amusing, but of course Ron ran it into the ground. Did Heather ever paint a BLT? If not, MAJOR FAIL, RON.

• Love 1
(edited)

The BLT was the first thing Heather ever painted. 

I shudder to mention this, but since we know Ron never lets go of anything . . . somebody put something on the back of one of Heather's paintings (I don't remember what it was or perhaps it was never revealed). That same painting eventually made its way back to the Q's. I'm afraid that Franco went to the Q mansion and retrieved the painting and that whatever was on the back of it will lead into the next big story for the unkillable Franco and Nina. 

(I just realized that I shouldn't shudder. If this Ron's plan, then he'll change it, now that I've figured it out, right?)

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Wasn't Egg Salad the official love painting of Faison and Dr. O? How the hell did Franco get it from her? I'd rather see that than MSt taking us all hostage. I want to know what the hell Franco said to get Egg Salad from Liesel to give to Nina.

I think I remember either Monica or Tracy coming back from playing bridge at Windemere with the painting. Whichever Q it was had said she liked it, and Leslie gave it to her. (So that means either Faison or Dr. O put the mysterious something on the back of the painting.)

I remember rumors that the egg salad painting, and its ties to Lesley and/or Monica, was originally going to lead to story for them. I'm honestly pleased that all got dropped, it's so fucking stupid. Now that it's back I fear the worst.

• Love 3

On a better written show, Anna shooting Carlos would be a shocking event.   But on this show, it's the third shooting-to-death in, like, a week, and people getting shot / killed / kidnapped / acting out of character is basically a constant occurrence.   

Lily coming back from the dead would also be non-shocking at this point because of all the non-dead characters roaming around already!  

Add to this the fact that characters who are killed can so easily come back from the dead with the flimsiest of explanations.  It totally dilutes the impact.  We all know that death doesn't necessarily mean the end of a character.  In fact, I think we're batting about 50/50 over the last couple years. 

• Love 1

I remember rumors that the egg salad painting, and its ties to Lesley and/or Monica, was originally going to lead to story for them. I'm honestly pleased that all got dropped, it's so fucking stupid. Now that it's back I fear the worst.

Nathan's birth certificate or something stupid like that is probably hidden in it.

• Love 1

Nathan's birth certificate or something stupid like that is probably hidden in it.

Another of the dropped storylines from the previous regime.  If I remember correctly, they showed Helena ripping something off the back of the picture and there was a date.  We never found out why  this particular date deserved a close up with dramatic music. 

Another of the dropped storylines from the previous regime.  If I remember correctly, they showed Helena ripping something off the back of the picture and there was a date.  We never found out why  this particular date deserved a close up with dramatic music. 

That, IIRC, was a completely different painting than Heather's stupid egg salad one.

Was that to do with Ewen and/or whatsherface, the daughter Helena shot in front of Ethan? That thread can stay dropped, AFAIC.

Didn't Wolfe intend for Ewen to be Valentine?

Given his pacing, I'm sure that would have been revealed in 2019. Remember his 'Woman in White' snoozefest was conceived as a four-year epic'.

• Love 2

How many damn paintings are there.

Way too freaking many.  Egg salad, then of course Laura's painting that Ethan of the giant teeth was apparently having some warped affair with, given he took it everywhere he went.

They are freaking adorable. I've always thought the show lost a huge opportunity with Carlos and Sabrina. They had the most romantic chemistry with each other from the start. It's unfortunate that the writers never pair the right people together, IMO.

• Love 5

Okay, this is awesomely cute. This is the most I've enjoyed TeCa, like EVER. Carlos was definitely my favorite pairing for Sabrina.

WTH, RC!!! Do y'all mean to tell me I could've been enjoying Sabrina this WHOLE TIME? That was adorable. What a complete waste of chemistry

• Love 3

JVP looks good in a vest.

Agreed, although I admit my first thought was to wonder if he raided wardrobe and found the vests Patrick wore when he first came to GH, circa 2005/2006 (which some labeled his jaunty vests!) and took it for his own. LOL! But JVP does look good here, I agree.

• Love 3

They are freaking adorable. I've always thought the show lost a huge opportunity with Carlos and Sabrina. They had the most romantic chemistry with each other from the start. It's unfortunate that the writers never pair the right people together, IMO.

The show was trying to push them for a triangle during the Patrina era, but it mostly amounted to an educational show from decades ago where the kindly ingenue has overenucniating lessons with a homeless person. 

(edited)

It's idiotic that the writers never pair the right people together, IMO.

There fixed it for you.

IMO, going with the chemistry less couple a couple of times is unfortunate. Doing it repeatedly is idiotic and pure inflated ego.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

Ron seems to repeatedly fail to capitalize on natural chemistry and charm with the actors he writes for. There were some very cute videos that Kristin Alderson posted with her and Brandon Buddy, and it was amazing that none of that translated to OLTL.

(edited)

BB admitted sometime after OLTL went off the air that he and KA dated later on, so the old adage that real life couples don't have chemistry onscreen might have come into effect there.

Not that that's always the case, though. I always thought Frisco & Felicia had chemistry either before, during, and yes, even after the Wagners were no longer a couple IRL. But they are definitely an exception to the rule. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

So was Carlos Lily's brother or not? or is that just another lost plot point in Ron's quest to live up Franco and Nina's ass?

Shawn investigated and said Carlos was no relation to Lily, which means he probably was.

But I'm sure it is indeed yet another lost plot point.

• Love 2
(edited)
BB admitted sometime after OLTL went off the air that he and KA dated later on, so the old adage that real life couples don't have chemistry onscreen might have come into effect there.

For me it wasn't about the two of them together onscreen. It was that Brandon Buddy had a personality at all, given that Cole was such a lump.

It points out how limiting Ron's plot-point writing is. There's very little time to get to know characters: They're there simply to throw the ball down the field. What a complete waste.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Shawn investigated and said Carlos was no relation to Lily, which means he probably was.

But I'm sure it is indeed yet another lost plot point.

Shawn probably confirmed that Carlos Santana is not related to Lily Tomlin. 

• Love 13

Shawn probably confirmed that Carlos Santana is not related to Lily Tomlin.

Wine squirted out of my nose when I read this post. @kerleyq wins the internets today!

(edited)

@soapsindepthabc: Congrats to @dom_zamprogna & his wife on the birth of Adeline Pauline Sunday night. Dad reports, "Everyone's doing really well." 

Sunday was my birthday! Must be a sign, of, uh, something, right? #1 creeper fan.

Tyler's wife also gave birth to their second baby.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8