Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Beyond being skeeved out over how inappropriate it is to have a child asking that question, I also got an awful sense of dread that Ron will have Spencer as a correspondent at the Nurses Ball and have "hilarious" scenes where he asks Sam about her chest. 

• Love 7

Beyond being skeeved out over how inappropriate it is to have a child asking that question, I also got an awful sense of dread that Ron will have Spencer as a correspondent at the Nurses Ball and have "hilarious" scenes where he asks Sam about her chest. 

I wouldn't be surprised, Ron tweeted the link.

That interview might be the most I've liked TG, ever. Great comments from him and Jane.

Nicolas Bechtel on the other hand, NO. What the hell does his mom think she's doing? Shouldn't she have more say and input into these kinds of things? Or does she truly not see how wrong it is? I'm not going to blame a kid for something that is clearly a parental or adult influence. But this needs to be nipped in the bud now, or we'll have the next Justin Bieber on our hands. Completely obnoxious, entitled, untalented asshole.

• Love 3

That interview might be the most I've liked TG, ever. Great comments from him and Jane.

Nicolas Bechtel on the other hand, NO. What the hell does his mom think she's doing? Shouldn't she have more say and input into these kinds of things? Or does she truly not see how wrong it is? I'm not going to blame a kid for something that is clearly a parental or adult influence. But this needs to be nipped in the bud now, or we'll have the next Justin Bieber on our hands. Completely obnoxious, entitled, untalented asshole.

his mom runs his instagram and she posted it there. Sooo. yeah.

https://instagram.com/nickyisboss/

• Love 2

These parents rarely seem to get that kids aren't cute forever, and this type of behavior won't get such a tee-hee reaction.

The Aldersons had two kids on soaps and I don't remember them ever encouraging this type of thing.

• Love 1

These parents rarely seem to get that kids aren't cute forever, and this type of behavior won't get such a tee-hee reaction.

The Aldersons had two kids on soaps and I don't remember them ever encouraging this type of thing.

Because they didn't. And KA had a lot of people, including her parents, looking out for her and not encouraging Starr Behavior anywhere but on the set.

This stuff... Troubles me greatly.

• Love 9
(edited)

The sad thing is, in the beginning, I actually thought NB was really sweet as Spencer, especially in his scenes with Britt. If this gets enough attention, maybe someone will step in and he will still have some shot of a normal life.

That said, this sort of thing has happened in reverse. Mara Wilson, who played the title role in Matilda, wrote a GREAT article about the reasons why child stars often turn out the way they do, and there was an incident on the red carpet when she was seven where a reporter asked her about Hugh Grant's arrest (yes, THAT arrest). Her dad complained to the TV station about it, but unfortunately there wasn't really anything done about it. Here's the article: 

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-child-stars-go-crazy-an-insiders-perspective/

(It's on Cracked, so it's serious, but with a healthy bit of humor thrown in)

For the record, Mara left the business on her own, graduated from NYU, and is now a playwright, an aspiring Young Adult novelist, and occasionally takes part in videos by some of my favorite interview reviewers. She turned out great. :)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 5

The Iggy interview was covered on buzzfeed. If I were NB's parents, I wouldn't be very proud of what's being said about my child and I. The incident isn't making him look cute and precocious. It's making his handlers or whatever look incredibly irresponsible and he looks very bratty imo.

• Love 3

nothing like not even mentioning how OLTL did live shows under Tomlin....way to make it sound like this is the first time since soaps went to tape that this is happening. Part of me hopes MB is on the live show, just so we can see how bad he really is. But I'd rather GH not be made to look even worse than usual, so perhaps it's better he isn't featured. At least Geary will probably be on vacation at that time.

• Love 1

Geary is delighted we can refer to Luke as a serial killer now

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1170/general-hospital-anthony-geary-luke-killer-secret/

I'm too lazy to pick out the specific quote, but I suppose irked? anger? are some of the emotions I felt when he stated that the revelation that Luke killed his father/anger at his father is what caused him to rape Laura or something like that. Which, is just BULLSHIT. I watched the rape scene. What led up to it. Why it happened.  Because Luke thought he was a Dead Man Walking, and that by the end of that night, he was going to be dead.  And here Laura shows up, and in his convoluted mind, Luke just had to have Laura before he died, and that's what played out on the screen. There was no ambiguity about it.  So, just Shut UP, Geary, about how NOW so MUCH about Luke "makes sense", because as far as I'm concerned, there was never in my mind this thought that Luke didn't make sense. And yes, up until the last 10-15 years, Luke has always been a gray character. Just shutup!shutup! STFU, please.

• Love 5

I feel sorry for that Spencer actor.  His parents see him as meal ticket.  A kid asking about breast implants is not cute.  They are raising someone who is going to be a - the nicest way I can say it is - snot.

• Love 3

I seriously thought this was an April Fools Day joke, but one day late. Dear God, I'm scared.

Also, way to rip off Gary Tomlin, who was EP when OLTL did their Live Week in May 2002. 

That actually went very well, so this could too, IF the right people are in front of the camera. But Frank and Ron will probably have the Kiddie Quad out there, and if they pull a stunt like that, then they (FV and RC, not those poor kids) deserve all the scorn they get. 

• Love 2
(edited)
nothing like not even mentioning how OLTL did live shows under Tomlin

Did they do more than the one? 

(Not to say your point isn't valid, I absolutely agree with you -- I was just curious.  I only saw the one and quit watching in 2003.  So they could have done more.)

I feel sorry for that Spencer actor.  His parents see him as meal ticket.  A kid asking about breast implants is not cute.  They are raising someone who is going to be a - the nicest way I can say it is - snot.

And way to teach a 10-year-old to objectify women.  We just had this discussion with the Oscars red carpet about asking women what they did and not who they wore. 

Hughes and Elliott and West challenged Michael Logan a bit for bringing up plastic surgery in his interview of them. And then we just go right back to "So, about your tits."

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

It was a whole Live Week, but they only did it the one year.

Plus, the British soaps have been going live for eons.  "EastEnders" just did a Live Week (with full live episodes and then live inserts into other episodes) earlier this year.

• Love 1

nothing like not even mentioning how OLTL did live shows under Tomlin....way to make it sound like this is the first time since soaps went to tape that this is happening. Part of me hopes MB is on the live show, just so we can see how bad he really is. But I'd rather GH not be made to look even worse than usual, so perhaps it's better he isn't featured. At least Geary will probably be on vacation at that time.

I noticed that, too. And it was a big success, so it's not something that they would hide, either.

Search for Tomorrow did a live episode in 1982, after the tape was supposedly lost, although many felt it was a ratings stunt based on what happened in the movie Tootsie, which came out the same year.

YASSSSSSSSS at the live eps. Oh man, they better be as horrible as I'm hoping. MB betetr be in every scene and have tons of dialogue.

Didn't they do a whole week live?

May 13th-May 17th, 2002. They won their Emmy for Oustanding Drama at the end of the week, too, but a lot of the cast didn't show up, because they were understandably exhausted.

It was a whole Live Week, but they only did it the one year.

Plus, the British soaps have been going live for eons.  "EastEnders" just did a Live Week (with full live episodes and then live inserts into other episodes) earlier this year.

Gotcha -- thanks! I had forgotten it was a whole week. I've conflated all the episodes down to one episode in my mind.  The one scene where someone completely forgot their lines and their screen partner had to bail them out sticks in my mind, along with the scene with Hillary B. Smith in Central Park. 

Hey, one more mention of Tomlin!

Gotcha -- thanks! I had forgotten it was a whole week. I've conflated all the episodes down to one episode in my mind.  The one scene where someone completely forgot their lines and their screen partner had to bail them out sticks in my mind, along with the scene with Hillary B. Smith in Central Park. 

What I mostly remember about that week is the Dead Baby Lie reveal with Kassie de Paiva just killing it.

So based on the dates, the Nurses' Ball will already be over, right?  Phew!

• Love 3

What I mostly remember about that week is the Dead Baby Lie reveal with Kassie de Paiva just killing it.

That, and Max and Roxy waking up married.

Again, put the vets in front of the camera, and we'll be good. That's what I have to keep saying to myself. 

(edited)

My first thought was 'oh shit is the NB going to be live?' LOL that would be amazing. Like it would no doubt be the worst thing that anyone ever witnessed.

Again, put the vets in front of the camera, and we'll be good. That's what I have to keep saying to myself. 

No, dammit! We gotta get MB (who is actually a vet but we all know he's awful), RP, the girl playing Kiki, NB, etc on this. It needs to be full on awful IMO. I need loads of UCG.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh please please let Benard and Paevey be on on those days.

As much fun as it'd be laugh at Mo, Michelle, Roger, etc., I'd rather see Fin, Jane, Maura, Laura, Kathleen, Tequan, Dom, Rick, and Becky.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
(edited)

They should do one live ep with every bad actor who will be awful and forget all their lines and provide me with the UCG to end all UCG and then one with the good actors that would actually be amazing and well-acted. Best of both worlds!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Roger was still on OLTL in 2002 during Live Week, and he did fine. Of course, he was mostly in serious scenes, but still, he kept it under control, from what I remember. 

• Love 1

As much fun as it'd be laugh at Mo, Michelle, Roger, etc., I'd rather see Fin, Jane, Maura, Laura, Kathleen, Tequan, Dom, Rick, and Becky.

I know, I know, I'm joking. Well, about Maurice. I think it would be kinda mean to do to him. I think Michelle and Roger would probably fine. I'm mean though! I do want maybe 5 minutes of Paevey.

• Love 2

Jamey Giddens interviews Ron Carlivati about yesterday's reveal/episode.  And surprise surprise, no hint that the Fluke story changed course.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/04/02/gh-head-writer-dishes-52nd-anniversary

Jamey Giddens rolling his eyes at a talented actress like Dee Wallace being cast is...so Jamey Giddens.

Jamey Giddens needs to stop speaking for all soap fans. 

I'm excited about the live eps, I wasn't watching OLTL at the time those aired, or any soap for that matter. I want the best of both worlds, one UCG and one star performers. Make it happen, Show.

• Love 3

Sumbitch. Stop it, Ron. Just STOP IT.

Guiding Light didn't do a live episode per se but the Peapack years were definitely close. And I'm willing to forgive Geary for some of his hubris for giving us the new GH slogan of 'Let's just get through this fucking day'. Some of it, but not all because I still can't unsee some of the crap he put onscreen.

As far as the NB/Iggy interview, it's best we just bury it all and salt the earth.

• Love 2

Roger was still on OLTL in 2002 during Live Week, and he did fine. Of course, he was mostly in serious scenes, but still, he kept it under control, from what I remember. 

I remember him being something of a brick wall. The fallout scenes of Blair finding out about the Dead Baby Lie and confronting Todd was THE major storyline that played out live and he just stood there. I'd been waiting for Live Week thinking he'd finally wake up and... nothing. I was not impressed.

But I do remember various little snafus... like KDP swearing under her breath and the camera catching it, or Florencia Lozano visibly waiting 'off stage' for her cue, forgotten lines here and there. It was really interesting to see, no question.

• Love 1
TV Line's article on the live episodes raised an interesting point - why all the pomp and circumstances for year 52?

I'm with some of the commenters: Why not? It's a sweeps stunt; those happen on a regular basis.

• Love 2

TV Line's article on the live episodes raised an interesting point - why all the pomp and circumstances for year 52?

http://tvline.com/2015/04/02/general-hospital-to-go-live-in-may/

Did Giddens not know they did a special episode (the three Carlys) for the 51st anniversary? It was odd that it wasn't brought up. 

Personally, I like the idea of doing something special/different on the show's anniversary. It's been on 50 friggin' years! Based on longevity alone, it deserves a chance to step out of the box every year, and do something to mark the passage of time and its survival.

And, as far as NB and "the question," I think the bigger question is, Who told him to ask it? A kid his age wouldn't think that up on his own. Somebody should go after the adult who fed it to him and supervise all future (if any) contact he or she might have with the kid. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Personally, I like the idea of doing something special/different on the show's anniversary. It's been on 50 friggin' years! Based on longevity alone, it deserves a chance to step out of the box every year, and do something to mark the passage of time and its survival.

Oh I definitely agree with that.  It's just seems this year, there's been a lot of that type of stuff - the Fan February nonsense, the anniversary, now the live episodes, heck, getting articles in People Magazine.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

My first thought was 'oh shit is the NB going to be live?' LOL that would be amazing. Like it would no doubt be the worst thing that anyone ever witnessed.

No, dammit! We gotta get MB (who is actually a vet but we all know he's awful), RP, the girl playing Kiki, NB, etc on this. It needs to be full on awful IMO. I need loads of UCG.

A live NB episode would be amazing.  For my own twisted humor purposes, of course, not from a quality standpoint.  

Also for my own amusement, I really want to see MS do the live show.  For some reason, I think she'd turn that dial up even higher.  And considering that she's already at an 11 on the 1-10 scenery chewing dial, she might just bring the set down around them. 

There's not a long list of people who I think will be just fine live.  I'm thinking LW, FH, BH, JE, MW, RH, maybe JT.  I really hope they aren't putting the kids on live.  

• Love 3
I really hope they aren't putting the kids on live.

If they are silent in the background, I don't have a problem. If they have lines, NO.

- the Fan February nonsense,

What exactly did that end up being? I've totally forgotten, it was that special.

What exactly did that end up being? I've totally forgotten, it was that special.

Just the poll about which character to bring back for the Nurses' Ball and the Rebecca Budig casting.

I guess it just seems they're doing a lot of "Look at us, look at us!" type of stuff, which makes me wonder if they're in some kind of trouble, you know?

• Love 1
(edited)

There's not a long list of people who I think will be just fine live.  I'm thinking LW, FH, BH, JE, MW, RH, maybe JT.  I really hope they aren't putting the kids on live.  

I think DZ would be fine live. Bradford Anderson I'm sure if they put him on will handle it quite well, he did a lot of theater. I think KSt and KeMo would probably be fine too. And ER. I'm hoping Dominic and/or Kelly try to slip in a "fuck" if they're on on those days, heh.

I guess it just seems they're doing a lot of "Look at us, look at us!" type of stuff, which makes me wonder if they're in some kind of trouble, you know?

I mean, their most important demos hit new lows twice in a week, so yeah, I'd say they're in SOME kind of trouble. How much is hard to say.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8