Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I have to respectfully disagree as well. Sorry, dude. I think Roger Howarth knows this is a ratings stunt and the man himself isn't stupid. Live performances are auditions in a way. He will use this as a sort of audition reel to show he can still bring it. Also, as one of the card carrying long term Roger fans on the board, I can tell you that of the few facts known about Roger Howarth, one is that he studied theater in college and performed in theater productions while he was on the cast of ATWT. So, yeah. He will and can perform live. I also think he will try to do the unthinkable and reel Michelle Stafford in, which will be a sight to see. He's known to openly do that with scene partners tics. (Remember TSJ?) So this live week thing could be very interesting.

• Love 3

Yea, it's a YMMV thing. I've never been that enamored with RoHo's acting. I thought he was pretty bad in the clips I've seen from OLTL's live shows. And honestly he's been bad all through GH IMO and he just keeps getting worse. He seems like he doesn't care anymore to me. I guess he was better on The Flash than he is as Franco, but he still wasn't anything to write home about IMO. But then I don't think RP is the worst actor on this show either, so it's a very subjective thing.

• Love 4

Laura can do fine without Luke. Just seems like the usual sexist crap in play. And if that claim is true, it makes TG look as petty as hell. Since the pairing with Laura saved his ass all those years ago.

It's been said that Genie wanted the same vacay package or perks that he had---and rightly so, since she was always half of the "supercouple," and putting in every bit as much work--if not more--into GH success. I believe that evidence shows TG is the petty type. He's been putting all his talent into this big swansong, trying to carry it all himself to prove that he doesn't need to be part of a supercouple. (JE has been kept in an  uncharacteristically dumb and clueless role and outside his actions.) IMO, he hasn't been cutting it. His "acting" is poor, and he can't blame it on lazy writing or ill health all the time. I totally understand why no one of his close fellow actors wants to be caught publicly criticizing him--he  and his cronies exercise too much power. But the proof is in the pudding; if TG wants to hog the limelight he has to take full blame for the awful results.

Also, JJ and TG's close relationship is very well-documented over decades. If he wasn't busy with his primetime show, he would likely have appeared by now.

Unlike Genie F, who apparently has to do weight loss commercials for a living now, JJ was given a primetime show for his perseverance on GH working with TG. He has a family now. I don't think he will backslide into the slimy politics of GH if he can help it.

• Love 2

Unlike Genie F, who apparently has to do weight loss commercials for a living now

Uh, Genie doesn't have to do anything for a living. She has a lot of money from her heyday and married well, to director/actor Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek. They are very comfortable. She does those ads because she feels like it, and she doesn't come back to play the recurring veteran budget corps on GH because she doesn't have to.

And I agree she deserves the same deal Tony got, but for all his obnoxious interview comments about his character, Tony is not the reason she didn't get it. He doesn't have that kind of power. ABC Daytime and the way the industry, especially soaps, treats women is the reason she didn't get it.

Who knows? It would be a funny last screw you to Frank/Ron. I know people have called her a pet, but things change. Your mind changes, your perspective changes as you get older. She's probably seen them screw a lot of her friends that are like family to her over the years. So when push came to shove and she had to submit reels, she may have went in the direction that favored CD.

Her entire career is a result of those two men. I don't think Kristen helping her boyfriend with his Emmy reel is some act of rebellion. I think it's just Kristen helping her boyfriend with his Emmy reel. These guys aren't sitting in the control room stroking a Persian cat, wondering how they can ruin Chad Duell. They're using him onscreen in major story. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Love 13

^^^^^^It was sarcasm. Just speculation and sarcasm. I highly doubt any of us hang with Kristen, Chad, and the cast ever. Nor did I ever speculate they were sitting with a Persian cat like Dr. Evil wanting to destroy anyone's career. Chill out. Sometimes sarcasm is just..... sarcasm.

Yea, it's a YMMV thing. I've never been that enamored with RoHo's acting. I thought he was pretty bad in the clips I've seen from OLTL's live shows. And honestly he's been bad all through GH IMO and he just keeps getting worse. He seems like he doesn't care anymore to me. I guess he was better on The Flash than he is as Franco, but he still wasn't anything to write home about IMO. But then I don't think RP is the worst actor on this show either, so it's a very subjective thing.

Well, that just explains everything right there.

And who says Roger Howarth will even be on the live shows?  Whatever story that they have on the live shows, he might not even be in it.  I know people say that he's a pet, but I don't.

• Love 1
(edited)

If RoHo wasn't a pet I don't see why in the hell Franco would still be here. Well, it's partly because of RoHo and partly because RC is just very egocentric and petty.

Well, that just explains everything right there.

Sorry but I would rather watch RP act out every scene in every ep than watch RoHo do whatever the fuck it is he's doing nowadays. He's such a joke and I find it embarrassing, but not in a fun way like MB. It's probably partly because RoHo still gets praised to the high heavens and I'm just like 'what?!" Same goes for TG. But again, it's all subjective. I'm sure some people think even MB is still good!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Sorry but I would rather watch RP act out every scene in every ep than watch RoHo do whatever the fuck it is he's doing nowadays. He's such a joke and I find it embarrassing, but not in a fun way like MB. It's probably partly because RoHo still gets praised to the high heavens and I'm just like 'what?!" Same goes for TG. But again, it's all subjective. I'm sure some people think even MB is still good!

So well said, peach. Ryan Paevey is quite obviously not the best actor, or even a particularly competent actor, but I'd rather watch him struggle to convincingly play a human being than Howarth slather the cheese on the ham while the mags talk as if he's Olivier.

• Love 10

GH needs to get the actors who played young Patricia and young Luke on contract before someone does. They were both exceptionally good last Wed.

I'd be for the Cameron thing for Joey Luthman, but while I don't want these little kids in this kind of obnoxious story I honestly don't think they should age either Emma or Spencer yet (or Joss, necessarily - that kid is good). And I think they are all now a package deal timeline-wise, unfortunately. You couldn't deal with having that guy around and having Emma and Spencer on the same canvas after the debacle of the last year-plus.

• Love 1

I think I'm in love with Bryan Craig. He just tweeted Frank that he's been seeing a lot of negative comments on the Kiki/Morgan storyline. Heeeee.

Goodbye, Bryan!

• Love 12

Goodbye, Bryan!

Honestly, given the way he and Kiki acted today, I have a feeling something like that was already in the cards. Kiki dies and Sonny sends Morgan to the island or something.

uh oh, there's more!

tweet from Bryan Craig
@dcconfidential @Jamey_Giddens thank you for the great compliments and if what your saying is correct hopefully it'll get fixed

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, Bryan, you're going rogue, just like the man standing up to Billy Mumy in this classic episode of The Twilight Zone:

https://youtu.be/ETfzfy0jy74

Warning:

In case you're not familiar with The Twilight Zone, it can be pretty scary stuff. Not blood and guts scary, but cerebrally scary.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Goodbye, Bryan!

Yeah.  I get it, but that was a dumb "Look at me, look at me!" move befitting Morgan himself.  And ha, thinking that Jamey Giddens has any kind of actual say or power.

• Love 2

I guess Ron's going to wish Bryan into the cornfield now?

Bryan better start saying nice things about Ron's writing on twitter.  He better start saying nice things real soon.

• Love 4

Oh Bryan, sweetie, if you want to be able to continue supporting Kelly and your dogs, you better learn to play nice with Ron like the rest of us ;) .

• Love 1

I didn't say ALL of us listened to the idea of all of playing nice ;) .

no, I meant that even if Bryan started kissing up now, it would be too late for him :)

Wait, are Cryan Braig and Kelly Thighbolt actually charging money for skype chats with fans, or is this some fan nonsense?

I was just referring to the idea that Bryan might have just moved his potentially inevitable firing up a bit, which would mean both he and Kelly would be without a steady job.

Unless they said something like that in a tweet that I missed...

no, I meant that even if Bryan started kissing up now, it would be too late for him :)

That's true, too. :)

I think it happened in the past, but not anymore.

Um, wow, if that actually happened. I had no idea. 

(edited)

That's true, too. :)

Um, wow, if that actually happened. I had no idea. 

https://www.stageit.com/bryan_craig_and_kelly_thiebaud/bryan_craig_emmy_talk/46093

It seems so. To be fair, I think it's supposed to be the equivalent of an actors' event, except in video form. I have no idea how much it costs though, as I don't feel like registering to find out. You do have to buy a ticket though.

ETA: Okay I was too curious. It's 6 dollars.

Edited by ulkis

I can't even be mad at him. Like, yes, it's stupid and unprofessional to air your problems about your job publicly on twitter, but I can't imagine how hard it is to go to work every day and read the scripts for this show and then carry on like it isn't shit.

• Love 9

I can't even be mad at him. Like, yes, it's stupid and unprofessional to air your problems about your job publicly on twitter, but I can't imagine how hard it is to go to work every day and read the scripts for this show and then carry on like it isn't shit.

I'll sit and eat popcorn for as long as this continues. I'm ready for more.

• Love 7

I love what Bryan is doing, to be honest. Keep doing you, sir.

Bruh. Since Empire ended, this shit is the most entertainment I've had. Get ya Cookie on, Bryan! Teach Ron respect.

I mean, I love it too, but that's because I'm just a fan popping popcorn. If he actually wants to keep his job though, it's dumb of him. But who knows, maybe he doesn't. More:

https://twitter.com/yasmin86/status/585212116610711552/photo/1

That set kinda worries me.

Does he have bipolar disorder and is spinning out?

• Love 1
(edited)

I mean, I love it too, but that's because I'm just a fan popping popcorn. If he actually wants to keep his job though, it's dumb of him. But who knows, maybe he doesn't.

More:

https://twitter.com/yasmin86/status/585212116610711552/photo/1

I don't know if I'd say it's dumb. Sometimes, for some people, it's important to speak out and reveal the truth. If he knows what he's doing, that's all that matters. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Bruh. Since Empire ended, this shit is the most entertainment I've had. Get ya Cookie on, Bryan! Teach Ron respect.

That set kinda worries me.

Does he have bipolar disorder and is spinning out?

I think he's probably just an arrogant kid. Who doesn't seem to be too savvy.

• Love 6

So he's going to pull an Iggy Azalea? (for those blissfully unaware, congratulations on making better life choices than I did. Anyway, it means to quit social media.)

At least, unlike Iggy, he doesn't have a history of posting racist tweets, which made it hilarious when she said that the worst things about society come alive on the Internet. Alrighty then. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll sit and eat popcorn for as long as this continues. I'm ready for more.

This is ssoooo me. For me, this is better than the show right now.

Proof once again that MoRon is petty petty petty.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't know if I'd say it's dumb. Sometimes, for some people, it's important to speak out and reveal the truth. If he knows what he's doing, that's all that matters.

Reveal the truth about what though? That he is an actor who doesn't get much story among the many, many actors on the show who don't get much story either? Many of them light years away more talented than he is? I think he is good and has the potential to become better but he's not THAT good that he should be complaining in public. It's not like he put in years and then got sent to the backburner. He put in 6 good months and then got sent to the backburner. if this was Finola I'd understand. Dominic, Jason, Becky, Jane, Kirsten, Emme, Maura, maybe even Chad. Coming from Bryan Craig it's like okay kid, just sit back and learn the ropes. 

That said, again, I don't mind him doing this at all. I'm being entertained, lol.

And I think he probably doesn't know what he's doing. When he first started on the show I remember he kept tweeting asking people if the show was on youtube yet and could someone hook him up. He doesn't seem like the brightest guy ever. But who knows, maybe he does know what he's doing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think he's probably just an arrogant kid. Who doesn't seem to be too savvy.

Yeah, pretty much this.  I think his head got a little big with the popularity and praise he got in the early days (plus more current tongue baths like the one Jamey Giddens gave him in that article), but now the tide has turned for the character and he's understandably frustrated, but...not handling it in the best of ways. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Maybe Ron/Frank are huge creepers and are doing messed up stuff?

No, I don't think so. I do not think the older actors would stick around if Valentini were actually some kind of disturbed individual.

• Love 1

Reveal the truth about what he personally thinks about the story and where it's headed. Sure, you can say he's a kid and should keep his mouth shut bc he's not good enough or old enough or whatever, but that's not really the point for me. Just because you're supposed to behave a certain way in the business and you're not supposed to rock the boat doesn't mean that way is right or more respectable. Everyone has their own reality and personality.

• Love 1