Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

DZ interview - nothing much there, just talks about how it was doing some of the scenes from the past two weeks

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/general-hospital/the-dominic-zamprogna-interview-general-hospital-2/2015/02/09/

It was nice to know he didn't submit, I did think something was off that Chad managed to snag a pre-nom and he didn't. 

Also interesting is what he said about Brandon Barash, that BB "felt free". The actors must feel a little like hens in a coop sometimes over there.

• Love 4

Interesting that he seems pissed because people don't grovel at MB's feet. I'm glad he thinks MB is all that and more, but please Dom, don't criticize others for disagreeing. I don't happen to think MB has 'grown' the character, or that he's a great actor.  And while I certainly hope he's right about how the Fluke story turns out, at this point I'm not sure I have such high hopes.

But it was nice to see that he's got some outside projects in the works. I wish him all the best with them.

He also seems to know that Lante are backburned as a couple, interesting they went to RC with that and he wants them shaken up too. He wants another woman from his past? Dante's had multiple past women though show up (Brenda arc, Brooklyn) and none have worked, so I'm with Emme. Hvae Lulu get back with Johnny. Free Lulu!

• Love 1

Interesting that he seems pissed because people don't grovel at MB's feet. I'm glad he thinks MB is all that and more, but please Dom, don't criticize others for disagreeing. I don't happen to think MB has 'grown' the character, or that he's a great actor.  And while I certainly hope he's right about how the Fluke story turns out, at this point I'm not sure I have such high hopes.

But it was nice to see that he's got some outside projects in the works. I wish him all the best with them.

I don't think he seems pissed at all, just stating that he thinks Maurice doesn't get enough credit; I'm kinda in the middle. I do think MB gets shit on for breathing sometimes, but I also think he is not that great, especially not as great as the other actors think he is (or as they say he is, whichever you choose to believe). I mean, they're all friends with him, and they probably only see that and how hard he works, so. I mean none of them are gonna come out and say "yeah I love Maurice but he stutters and stammers throughout most of his scenes."

He wants another woman from his past? Dante's had multiple past women though show up (Brenda arc, Brooklyn) and none have worked

He didn't say that - Michael Fairman said "how about a woman from Dante's past" and his answer was basically "yeah, sure, that'd be interesting".

I think it's quite obvious from the interview that he's relatively not invested in what's going on on GH. I say relatively; I was a little surprised and did think it was nice that he remembered this Johnny stuff was a basic replay of summer 2012 and he didn't want to play the "Dante is jealous" card again, so that's cool that he thought of that. He seems like his attitude is "if it make sense great, if it doesn't, whatever, it's fucking GH." He seems less desperate than Jason Thompson in making sense of things lol, but then, Patrick is probably more all over the place as a character.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

From everything I've seen of MB in interviews, he's a terrific guy. Funny, loves dogs (which gives him major points with me lol!). But he just isn't a very good actor. I'm sure he does give 150%. The problem is, IMO, 150% of bad is still bad.

• Love 5

From the interview - "The last two years, I think Maurice has done top-notch work."  Define 'top-notch'.  Not on an unrelated note, at least Dom recognizes the importance of a stable paycheck.  Any character on GH could be let go.  I am not a fan of the frequency of appearances of his character on the show - especially with the new Lulu. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

Awww, I see Dom has thrown his hat into the ring in the GH official slogan™ competition:

You don’t have time to think about that.  You have to get through the material.

I hear ya, buddy. It's the same way on the viewers' end. Don't think about it; just get though it.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Dom is so very obviously frustrated. I agree with him on everything minus his thoughts on Sonny and Sonny/Dante. Some of his gems:

Going into the scene, I was thinking I don’t know how to play any of this.

I don’t understand why we, as the cops, can’t figure things out on this show, whereas other very intelligently written shows have both strong and intelligent evil and good characters, and there is a very strong push-pull. Every great crime drama has both of those elements. I have never understood why the PCPD can’t have a few more “wins”.

I did not submit for the Emmys, because I did not feel I had the material.

But, maybe it’s time for some kind of shake-up with them, and maybe the Johnny-thing was the first ax! I know they talked about some future story plans, but I don’t know if they will come to fruition; so we shall see. If you have people happy for too long, people don’t dig it anymore, and mostly because no one in their real life is that happy! (Laughs) I think people don’t tune-in to watch a show about happy people; they tune-in to watch a show about people who are “train-wrecks.” Not that I want a split or something terrible to happen between Lulu and Dante, but you do crave the change-up, and have things blown-up once in a while.

But, I think Dante is just too good right now. He is a good person, and there is never going to be any doubt about that, but I don’t know if anyone is this clean.

• Love 1

I think it's funny he thinks Dante is too good though* - I mean I get it, but DZ in real life seems just as nice. He needs a flaw too! And no, complimenting MB's acting and being short don't count, heh.

*I guess even the actors don't think being mean to poor dead fat AJ counts.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I think it helps that DZ has outside projects going on; JT doesn't seem to have that. I know he has other non-acting stuff but if Patrick is the only thing he is doing acting wise I can see how he's all "well this all the blah blah motivation for Patrick." 

• Love 2

They really need to shake Lante up though. They have been married quite a while in soap world. Emme and Dom both seem to want them shaken up. Which I don't blame them because without drama they are stuck on the sidelines with no real story and stuck propping other stories. Its obv. Rc doesnt seem to care about doing anything with them.

Honestly, I've been kinda fine with what they've been doing for the past month or so; Ron's idea of "frontburner"  is the shit he gives Roger Howarth, and his idea of "adventure" is Stavros trying to force Lulu to be implanted. If they could come up with an adventure story that wasn't so rape-tastic I would be down with that. If they were to recast Lucky, it would be fun if they (and Liz and Laura, Luke's old ass can sit down) had to go rescue him or something like that.

• Love 6

Wasnt there supposed to be some big casting announcement today?

Unless it's Genie, Kim, JJ, Tristan, Sarah, or Tamara, then IDGAF!

Yeah, unless the announcement is that TR is coming back and it's revealed that this entire time he and Anna have been worrying about and looking for Robin offscreen (where all the good stuff happens) .... and it's revealed that Patrick has been brainwashed to be stupid this whole time ... and Robert puts an end to this Fluke insanity ...

IDGAF at this point.    Show is ruined for me until all of this is rectified ...

• Love 3

He's too busy responding to people questioning Patrick and Sonny and making "Mean Girls" references to Jamey Giddens' Robin recast ideas.

There's some small part of me that thinks that they expected they'd have some big casting news locked up today, and it fell apart (once said actor got a look at the show and/or found out what kind of story line was planned for them), so now they're going to scramble to get someone to do a cameo or something like that and go ahead and use that as their big casting news tomorrow.  

• Love 1

The big casting secret is probably they re casted Kiki. Some girl that played Amy on Y&R. Big surprise NOT !Read it somewhere.? I was so important I promply forgot where.

Edited by testardo

I do remember Frank and Ron did this once before.  They promised a casting announcement on a certain day and then...nothing.  I don't remember who it was they ended up announcing (SK?  GF?). 

testardo, GH/ABC already confirmed the Kiki recast in a press statement.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

There's some small part of me that thinks that they expected they'd have some big casting news locked up today, and it fell apart (once said actor got a look at the show and/or found out what kind of story line was planned for them), so now they're going to scramble to get someone to do a cameo or something like that and go ahead and use that as their big casting news tomorrow.

HA! Well, it IS Fan Feb. So whatever it is, the fans will hate.

• Love 1

I read on SoapZone that Billy Miller only signed a one year contract with an option for a second year. 

So let me get this straight: they have one guaranteed year with Miller and they've wasted all this time on this amnesia bullshit?? Okay!

• Love 4

Yeah, I would HOPE they'd be a bit smarter and realize there was no point in resurrecting Jason unless they had BM for longer than a year.

Unless they're going to pretend he was never Jason if BM screws them over.

So let me get this straight: they have one guaranteed year with Miller and they've wasted all this time on this amnesia bullshit?? Okay!

LOL. You just know their egos are so massive (still somehow!) and they think they'll be able to get him to resign. I hope he doesn't. Although if he doesn't he should be prepared for RC to throw in a bunch of fat jokes on the show and take to twitter to talk about how it's his fault the story ended up sucking because he wouldn't commit.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I would HOPE they'd be a bit smarter and realize there was no point in resurrecting Jason unless they had BM for longer than a year.

Unless they're going to pretend he was never Jason if BM screws them over.

Run Billy , Run!

They've  actually already laid the groundwork  for Jake to not be Jason.  

Would they really be so stupid to say they're gonna make an announcement when they don't have it in the bag? . . . don't answer that.

Frank and Ron have bet the house and story on gambling with many an actor.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I'm not holding my breath about the big announcement. The followthrough is always, always dreadful. Ron couldn't write ten decent days for Frisco when Jack Wagner returned. He's got BW mired in this ridiculous story that's going nowhere fast. The Fake!Luke story has gone on way too long, even considering TG's medical leave. Ron can do lovely things when he wants—Rachel Ames in the 10,000th episode was a wonderful nod to the past—but when he has to write more than just a one-off appearance, he's pretty hopeless.

• Love 1

I expect the announcement to go something like, "You asked and we answered! GH is delighted to bring back the fans' favorite past characters. Get ready to laugh and cry when Lisa Niles, the 3rd Carly, Ian Devlin, Lily, Julia Barrett, and Connor Bishop stroll back into Port Charles! Oh, and we've recast Robin! Michelle Stafford will now play your beloved Nina AND Robin, at the same time!"

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

I expect the announcement to go something like, "You asked and we answered! GH is delighted to bring back the fans' favorite past characters. Get ready to laugh and cry when Lisa Niles, the 3rd Carly, Ian Devlin, Lily, Julia Barrett, and Connor Bishop stroll back into Port Charles! Oh, and we've recast Robin! Michelle Stafford will now play your beloved Nina AND Robin, at the same time!"

< Daffy Duck > You're...You're...DESPICABLE! < /Daffy Duck >

I'm not holding my breath about the big announcement. The followthrough is always, always dreadful. Ron couldn't write ten decent days for Frisco when Jack Wagner returned. He's got BW mired in this ridiculous story that's going nowhere fast. The Fake!Luke story has gone on way too long, even considering TG's medical leave. Ron can do lovely things when he wants—Rachel Ames in the 10,000th episode was a wonderful nod to the past—but when he has to write more than just a one-off appearance, he's pretty hopeless.

The 10,000 episode was actually in 2002, when McTavish was there; the one with RA that Ron did was the 50th anniversary episode. Your point still stands, though.

Actually, Julia had her fans. Not as many as Brenda, obviously, but from what I can tell, she seemed well-liked by enough people where a return by her would actually make some sense (maybe more with Brenda there, but still). And she was very good friends with Scott and Dominique (I know, she never existed...bastards), so maybe she could catch up with him.

...Please don't hurt me. *ducks*

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

The 10,000 episode was actually in 2002, when McTavish was there; the one with RA that Ron did was the 50th anniversary episode. Your point still stands, though.

Actually, Julia had her fans. Not as many as Brenda, obviously, but from what I can tell, she seemed well-liked by enough people where a return by her would actually make some sense (maybe more with Brenda there, but still). And she was very good friends with Scott and Dominique (I know, she never existed...bastards), so maybe she could catch up with him.

...Please don't hurt me. *ducks*

I liked Julia lol actually I remeber Dominquie asking Julia to be serenas godmother before she died.

Oh, Ron.  He apparently has time to tweet a response about why he hasn't made the casting announcement yet, but he somehow can't tweet the actual announcement...

Dan J Kroll
I need this #GH announcement soon so that I can get some lunch! lol

Ron Carlivati
@DanJKroll We're in the middle of a notes meeting. You're going to have to give us a few minutes.

• Love 1