Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I demand AJ Quartermaine to be alive and every character has to say how awesome and handsome he is. Also, Jason is revealed to be Jason Quartermaine, goes to AJ's grave and cries. Just the whole damned Q crypt. Carly begs Michael for forgiveness, but a lilac piano falls on her head. Franco, Kiki, and Nina go to Sea World. Nina begins yelling at Shamu. Shamu eats all three of them. Sonny and Julian scheme in Pentonville, but the camera cuts off. Fluke is in the random Spencer house. Laura walks in and slaps him, saying he's a jerk. Everyone is shocked. They call Dante, who's been ignoring calls because he's been with Anna. Jordan dumps Shawn, who then literally shoots himself in the foot. Dr. O then falls off the parapet and lands on Spencer.

End Fan February.

• Love 4

My fan February: a full-episode length montage of Dante & Anna fucking like rabbits intercut with scenes of a giant letter falling on Kiki, Nina getting stomped to death by a horse, Spinelli being eaten by a pack of hyenas, Spencer being dropped into a vat of acid, Felix killing himself,  and Franco being decapitated.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Michael Fairman interviews Billy Miller.

As I said elsewhere: I think he's doing a pretty good job, but he definitely seems baffled by the seat-of-their-pants writing. Overhype is definitely a thing, but if an actor shows up and delivers regardless of hype I rate 'em for it, and I think he really has. He's given me a different and much more palatable and human version of Jason so far. He's also playing an amnesiac, so there's only so much he can do with the history. It's on the page and he plays that, including the guy's confused, fractured memories. And he plays the action and as he says, "muscle memory" - he just does it as something other than an asshole killer cyborg.

This says it all on the many stories about Kelly Monaco over the years:

Rebecca always shows up bright and shiny and ready to work. And as for Kelly Monaco, again I have been very lucky!

• Love 2

How has it been working in scenes with the incomparable Constance Towers?  She can play the villainess like no other!

BILLY:  She is an icon and a lot of fun.  I am a mumbler, as I am sure you know.  And so Constance will say to me, “Can you speak up?  I don’t know what you just said!”  (Laughs) Constance is so very regal, and still gorgeous at her age.  She has this presence, and she keeps you on your toes, and she is ready for anything.

they need to write more Sonny/Helena scenes so we can get Constance to help maurice out.

I'm gonna be honest, that grin of his in that first picture makes me want to kick him in the face. However, so far, I have not seen him grin that broadly on the show, and I really hope he never does. He can smile - just not . . . that. I have no idea why it's so weird to me.

• Love 2

Oh, GH's that year was Sonny "dying" and getting shown all the reasons why he deserved to go to hell and then Luke (as a guide or whatever) told him he was getting one more chance and Sonny actually said the equivalent of "fuck it I'm gonna do what I want."

Okay this makes me scared that we will get a month of either Luke or Jason having "dreams" about some fictitious GH that contains fan fantasies. eek!

he definitely seems baffled by the seat-of-their-pants writing.

So are we all. I thought he was pretty diplomatic about not having much idea of who Jason was going to be once he got his memory back

at GH, I know that I got bulks of two weeks off like every other month.

I think this explains why a lot of the actors stay at GH. They get a paycheck and the regular opportunity to do other things. 

Oh dude, that Fan February thing sounds like a license for them to be campy and ridiculous, which is the last thing the show needs at the moment.

And how would that be different from the show on any other given day?

• Love 5

Yea what stories? I want the dirt!

I think jsbt just means Kelly Monoco comes in with sunglasses and is probably like "shhhhh. Don't talk me till I've had my coffee."

I'm not judgin', trust me. Kelly obviously never causes any trouble on set and does her job, otherwise she wouldn't've been employed these 10 years plus past. But I wouldn't bet against her not coming in to work super tired a lot.

• Love 1

Hold the phone.  February should already be in the can, shooting wise, for the most part.  Fan February was always about soliciting idea submissions from the fans.  So, exactly how does this work?

Cue, the writing room:

Ron:  It's fan February.  All Spencer, all Dr. O, all Nina and all Franco!

Someone brave* from the writing staff:  Ummm, I think it's supposed to be FAN February?

Ron:  I'm a fan!  I've watched ever since Laura killed David Henderson and teamed up with Richard Simmons and Luke to find the ice princess on Cassadine Island. And I know what I like!

Someone else brave* from the writing staff:  First, I think that's David Hamil...

Another writer [under his breath]: Just shut it. Trust me, just shut it. Shut it now, before it's too late.

*Perhaps even brave and strong and loves with all their hearts.

Look, if Fan February doesn't involve Robin and Patrick reuniting, Anna and Robert teaming up for a caper right after Anna breaks up the mob for good, the reveal of Fluke and a quick wrap up to this unending storyline, Nina and Franco's death and/or humiliation, Dr. O put away in jail and doing a Hannibal Lector impersonation, and Spencer being gagged for the entire month, I'm going on record already as saying that it missed its mark.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 12

Look, if Fan February doesn't involve Robin and Patrick reuniting, Anna and Robert teaming up for a caper right after Anna breaks up the mob for good, the reveal of Fluke and a quick wrap up to this unending storyline, Nina and Franco's death and/or humiliation, Dr. O put away in jail and doing a Hannibal Lector impersonation, and Spencer being gagged for the entire month, I'm going on record already as saying that it missed its mark.

Well, at least O. seems to have disappeared down some sort of hole lately, so there's that at least.

• Love 3

Reading the story sounded more like speculation than any firm idea that ANY soap would really trim cast much less it be GH. I suspect most actors on GH don't get paid as much as for sure actors on Y&R due to the block taping, I tend to think most stars like to be on GH for the time off as much as the money. Though I could see more people on reoccuring.

I think the issue is that the actors union recently approved a 7.5% pay increase for contract actors. I think the idea is that the networks are going to mandate that the shows get rid of some actors under contract in order to stay under budget. My guess is that a fair number of people are going to end up on recurring; several people may choose to leave rather than do that.

• Love 1

I think jsbt just means Kelly Monoco comes in with sunglasses and is probably like "shhhhh. Don't talk me till I've had my coffee."

I'm not judgin', trust me. Kelly obviously never causes any trouble on set and does her job, otherwise she wouldn't've been employed these 10 years plus past. But I wouldn't bet against her not coming in to work super tired a lot.

Maybe that's why I've always liked her, I can so relate. I am just not a morning person. If I had to go into work and BH or whoever else was all sunshiny and too happy in the morning, I'd want to take a bat to work. Ugh, morning people annoy the hell out of me.

• Love 4

That's depressing.  From what I've seen DOOL is better at using gay characters then GH.  B&B which is based on the fashion industry in LA has zero gay characters which is ridiculous but that might be because of such a small cast.  I have no idea about Y&R.

Yeah, while I continue to think Days pats themselves on the back a bit too hard considering they hung back and let all the other soaps pave the way, I don't think an aborted threesome is going to trump the first male same-sex wedding.

• Love 2
But wait, who is that guy who tweeted?  Is that a reputable source?

Don't know. But I feel it in my bones that it's true, so it must be!

Damn. Do we really need Naxie vs Spixie...Ron? Frank?

Spinelli: aksfjdklfjgkdyhisopjl;nmgfx0-643

Nathan: :looks up: I can't compute that sir.

• Love 2

If I leave for the barge now, I can make it in time for Mai Tai Friday.  And i'll avoid watching half the cast talking about those McDonald's Happy Meal toys.  

I'm sorry, but this really pisses me off.  

• Love 1

When he started at GH I had a crush on Bradford Anderson. Bad. I have a thing for unconventional geeks! I'm not ashamed! I'm a little ashamed.

Well, sure when he STARTED. Then Spinelli was a cute little geek selling pot to Alexis when she had cancer. He was even cute with Georgie and he did do a good job with the scene where he found her body.

He wasn't yet the Jason propping jackass with the most annoying dialogue ever!

Spinelli is less horrible than half the characters at this point, but that only means there are so many that are really vile and annoying.

A year of Spinelli? Oh, this show just hates me...

(Of course, if he runs over Franco, Helena and Obrecht with an Uber car, he will be my favorite. Those are my terms, show.)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

I'm fine with Spinelli returning (BA is a great actor), his scenes in Portland made me realize I kind of missed him. I reserve the right to change that opinion at any time, but for now I'm ready for Sam/Spin friendship again.

• Love 4

When he started at GH I had a crush on Bradford Anderson. Bad. I have a thing for unconventional geeks! I'm not ashamed! I'm a little ashamed.

I don't have a problem with Bradford and I didn't have one with Spinelli at first but I got to the point where Spinelli bugged the shit out of me.  It started when he was all about helping execute an undercover cop and peaked when he was trying to get Matt Hunter convicted for the horrible crime of saving a bunch of people from psycho Lisa Niles because he was jealous over Maxie.  That said, I did like him with Ellie so it also pisses me off that presumably Ellie will be trashed off screen in order to send Spinelli back to Port Charles

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 2

I had no strong feelings about Spin one way or another (his Jason propping didn't bug me because who didn't prop Jason - that was the norm) - it was the hypocritical, condescending way he often treated Maxie (who had her own issues, but damn) that sent me over the edge. Their relationship was so bloody dysfunctional.

• Love 6