Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 9/30/2018 at 1:10 AM, ulkis said:

He can hook up with Laura too. ; )

And, technically, I suppose he could hook up with Molly since there is no blood relation there.  His step-dad is her uncle and her half-sister's dad, but she has no relation to AJ or Carly and Michael has no relation to Alexis or Ric. It would just be skeevy... but is it more skeevy than Molly and Kristina being sisters and cousins?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I assume KT is the titular character? ;)

Actually, Britt is not the sinister surrogate, but the female half of the couple hiring the surrogate. Mary Beth Evans is a doctor and Mac is a detective.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

but is it more skeevy than Molly and Kristina being sisters and cousins?

Could've been worse - Kristina almost had a sister/niece

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And, technically, I suppose he could hook up with Molly since there is no blood relation there.  His step-dad is her uncle and her half-sister's dad, but she has no relation to AJ or Carly and Michael has no relation to Alexis or Ric. It would just be skeevy... but is it more skeevy than Molly and Kristina being sisters and cousins?

No blood relationship but Sonny adopted Michael (not step-dad) and he and Molly were raised together as cousins. 

• Love 1

In retrospect, she was probably a better-rendered character than many on the show today, but she got on every damn one of my nerves. Also, her thing with Nikolas was, like, Sonny-level gross. I cheered when she died. Both times.

This was the first post I saw today.  Before I went to the previous page, I was sure this was referring to SWSNBN (she sure as hell got on my nerves) but I could only think of one (thankfully permanent) death for her so I was momentarily confused.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Can anyone tell what the middle word is supposed to be in the donuts picture? Happy [Something] Killy?

4&15.

Edited by ulkis
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Can anyone tell what the middle word is supposed to be in the donuts picture? Happy [Something] Killy?

Someone is saying it's a 4 and a 15.

Not sure.

41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

4&15.

41 minutes ago, Hater said:

Someone is saying it's a 4 and a 15.

Not sure.

26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's a delicious 4-ampersand-15. 

Oh, I did not get that. [/Ross Geller voice]

• Love 1

Now there's a "death is not an option." Katherine Bell or SWSNBN. Godawful blond bombshells who were both Nikolas love interests.

I'd really have to put the thinking cap on as to which one I was gladder to see go. SWSNBN narrowly takes it. Katherine was around longer, but I felt in that case they were desperate to make it work because she was played by a popular daytime actress with an established fan base, and Evans can in fact be good if the material is there. With SWSNBN, there was urgency to make her happen just because she was tied up with the other characters who were eating the show, and Frons had a thing for the actress (who brought with her no fan base to speak of; her biggest pre-GH credit was "Mary's Girlfriend #2" on 7th Heaven).  

Also, as useless/grating as Katherine was, the Riche-era show around her was better. And she wasn't getting into Toonces-type car accidents every three months.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2018 at 6:20 PM, LexieLily said:

Nikolas didn't get a tenth of the ongoing mourning that Morgan did. Why are we still constantly hearing about Morgan?!

Nikolas wasn't a Corinthos.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

However, I think the funniest part was Mo because I wasn't sure if he was hamming it up or not.  Dang he isn't a good actor.

He read his lines as if it were the first time he was seeing them. Can't wait to see him in the Gotti movie.

I didn't understand the Jason clue.  He said "dizygotic or monozygotic"  as if the guy should have been following the storyline.  (I think Jeopardy contestants have better things to do than watch this show.)  The clue should have specified that they were monozygotic twins.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't understand the Jason clue.  He said "dizygotic or monozygotic"  as if the guy should have been following the storyline.  (I think Jeopardy contestants have better things to do than watch this show.)  The clue should have specified that they were monozygotic twins.

The contestant actually got money back because the judges realized the question wasn’t worded correctly.

• Love 2

They were all fine, I thought. Some of them (RoHo, certainly) cranked it up for humor and others (Maura West, Michelle Stafford) acted more or less the way they do on the show. There probably weren't strict parameters given. Mo was his usual overemphatic self.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

With SWSNBN, there was urgency to make her happen just because she was tied up with the other characters who were eating the show, and Frons had a thing for the actress (who brought with her no fan base to speak of; her biggest pre-GH credit was "Mary's Girlfriend #2" on 7th Heaven).  

She actually played a legacy character during AW's final months in 1999. Not much, but I'd argue a bigger credit for her prior to GH (not negating the awfulness of her GH character, of course!). 

From SOD:

Chloe Lanier is reprising the role of Nelle on GH, which she vacated in August, for a short stint starting next week, and in the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, she cops to battling nerves when she returned to the set. “Not doing it for two months, I felt like, ‘Oh, wait. I forgot pretty much everything.’ Mentally, it was a little overwhelming at first.” As for what brings her jailbird character back to the canvas, she teases, “She definitely has some unfinished business with some people.”

I guess that means the baby switch will be resolved sooner rather than later :(

I'm sure Trump and Brett are to blame for this:

Monday: 1.76/2,371,000
Tuesday: 1.82/2,423,000
Wednesday: 1.59/2,185,000
Thursday:
Friday: 1.32/1,753,000 (42 mins runtime)

That's kind of pathetic, to attack fans because they don't like the characters you're playing while also acknowledging that it's not the actors, it's the writers' fault.  Whether you agree with NLG or Jon Lindstrom, at least they're tweeting about bigger issues than getting mad at fans who don't like their fictional characters.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's kind of pathetic, to attack fans because they don't like the characters you're playing while also acknowledging that it's not the actors, it's the writers' fault.  Whether you agree with NLG or Jon Lindstrom, at least they're tweeting about bigger issues than getting mad at fans who don't like their fictional characters.

Maurice and company are smug and entitled.  This isn't shocking.  They get all in their feelings about people not liking the show centered around that TRASH.  It wasn't even a bash.  The opinions in that thread are well stated and those two (Wright and "the master) have nothing intelligent to say but post lame comebacks and stupid gifs.

• Love 9

And why are people not allowed to simply not like the Corinthii? The stans are just as bad or worse than the actors but the actors really should stay out of these twitter storms. It isn't a good look.

• Love 10

I’ve not read any of these tweets from actors or viewers. I don’t understand why the actors would get upset or offended when viewers don’t like the scripts or acting. It’s fiction, people. It’s pretend, people. Just as I can’t understand why anyone would care what political views an actor or singer or writer or artist holds. They don’t care what political views I have and we both have one vote. I guess I’m too old to care about this type of crap. Plus I don’t have to earn a living on a soap.

• Love 2

top-notch gynecologist in the medical profession

As opposed to a top-notch gynecologist in the world of professional stock-car racing? Fairman's intros are always so poorly written/copy-edited.  

I just belatedly worked back to the Tamara Braun interview, which is a good one. She clearly doesn't love the way Kim has been written in this Oscar cancer story, and manages to make that clear while still looking like a team player and not ruffling any feathers with the writers. A daytime pro.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

On the podcast, Ramsey said a couple of months after they started dating he and Laura were talking about how fun it would be to work together and LW said, "oh, you should come to GH, you're so good, you need to come back to daytime." He said he replied he was open to the idea. Then in September he read for FV. He had actually read for for Frank for OLTL in 2009. Frank said he had wanted to cast him but he didn't get the part because the show was on its last leg and Frank said to him he "didn't want to do that to you in that way then." Which seems to me that Frank told him they didn't hire him because Frank didn't want WR to get the role only for the show to be cancelled on him. .

Anyway, then he said that "[After that] Frank had never forgotten about me - I just didn't know that. So I was thrilled to read with him again." He said that Frank told him he had been wanting to work with him since the first screen test. 

WR and SB both say if anyone thinks the reason he got the job is because of LW that is not the way it works at all.

This was funny:

WR: Thanks guys for calling my agent and setting up [this podcast].

SB: Your agent Laura?

Max Gail drives a van and dented SB's car. Hee.

• Love 4

Yeah...not buying it.  The fact that Mr. Laura Wright is constantly on the defensive about his hiring (along with the smug one) tells me all I need to know.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I was just about to post that! It's really interesting.

It is! I totally believe her because I remember when they first came back to Port Charles and she was showing Lucky around town, they visited the graveyard where Lesley was buried. She'd never seen the stone before, and Lucky asked why something or other wasn't on it. I can't remember the details, but Laura wasn't sure what was up either. And then nothing came of it for several years, but that kind of backs up her story about thoughts she has when returning. 

As I recall, Genie really didn't want to return because she was stretching as an actress at AMC. But because it was the same network, she didn't have much choice -- they just killed her AMC character off. 

Anyway, as it happens I think the 90s L & L were much richer than any version of them before or since. 

• Love 1