Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this? There's just so much comedy, I don't know where to start. Varni's unprofessionalism, Jamey G. trying to get him fired, fans that want Becky to leave but are scared she'll reunite with SBu on Y&R, fans that are blaming KeMo for who knows what....

Why would some fans blame her? 

Edited by TwistedandBored
tvgoddess, didn't you say he had a 4 year contract with option to drop out after 3? I used to think he'd go, but now I'm guessing probably not, given he has a wedding to finance.

It probably depends on if he wins an Emmy (a real one, not just a chocolate one). 

• Love 1

Chile especially Franco/RH propping is the worst.

"Never Forget" this total ham and cheese moment from RH but for some reason Frank thinks RH giving the audience a masterclass in acting.

RoHo is unbearable. I don't know what he's supposed to be doing but I don't want it.  

• Love 3

I remember this being on the Soup. I truly don't understand what RC was thinking in making him Franco, or what RH was aiming for in that scene. It's ghost bourbon Luke bad.

IIRC, that was also the same day Shirley Jones made a guest appearance*. She could steal scenes from him just by standing there. It made him look all the more pitiful in comparison.

*She may have been doing a book promo tour at the time.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Wait...some people who want Becky to leave also don't want her paired with Steve Burton on a different soap, as different characters? What's the rationale? 

I'm guessing people who don't like Jason/Liz. They want Becky off but they also don't want original Jason/liz re-paired.

anyhoo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbOBIVSWAAAduQQ.jpg

aw, JJ, SBu and their families. Titus (JJ's youngest in the grey sweater who was on GH for a bit) is so cute! I mean tehy all but his grumpy face cracks me up.

• Love 2

Kelly Monaco has never struck me as the type to go after other chicks or jockey for place. It seems like the most she can be bothered to do (like myself) is roll out of bed, find some coffee and try to survive the mornings.

For the record, Becky Herbst has always come off like the consummate team player in her own way as well. I always figured she was just in this game to make a nest egg and raise her kids. God knows Juan and the various soap star pyramid schemes don't last.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

Oh chile it'll be Melissa Archer

And then suddenly Liz will get good writing.

The lengths Ron and Frank have gone to to keep those three OLTL actors employed

Not so much ME or KA, but I am seriously wondering if RoHo's agent didn't negotiate some hefty "pay or play" clauses into his contract.  There's got to be a reason Show still keeps trying to make Franco happen, and "We're on the hook for a shit-ton of money if RoHo goes" seems to be a pretty logical one.

• Love 5

I think it could partly be a lucrative contract with Howarth, but I also think FV is still very much bound and determined to make his favorites fly. Roger Howarth left ABC at the very beginning of Frank's reign as an executive producer in 2003, and finally getting him back eight years later was a major coup for both him and the network which then slipped through his fingers due first to cancellation then Prospect Park. Frank can be as bullish as RC on his prized people, until it's either that person or his ass.

• Love 6

I don't remember Melissa Archer getting good writing for about 90% of Valentini's tenure. It was mostly Liz's role - prop duty for show pets.

I think it could partly be a lucrative contract with Howarth, but I also think FV is still very much bound and determined to make his favorites fly. Roger Howarth left ABC at the very beginning of Frank's reign as an executive producer in 2003, and finally getting him back eight years later was a major coup for both him and the network which then slipped through his fingers due first to cancellation then Prospect Park. Frank can be as bullish as RC on his prized people, until it's either that person or his ass.

I also wonder if Howarth really even has any particular demands or excesses at this point. He stayed at ATWT for nearly a decade even long after the luster wore off. Maybe he had a big contract there too, but I wonder. 

A part of me wonders if Cady McClain will be popping in at some point. I doubt it, but...

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2

Which seems just incredibly petty and juvenile.  

It could be more that it would seem too obvious, not to mention that chemistry generally doesn't translate to other shows if its the same actors.

So...less petty and juvenile, more understandable and reasonable.

• Love 2

It could be more that it would seem too obvious, not to mention that chemistry generally doesn't translate to other shows if its the same actors.

Depends on which fans. I'm sure there's a faction that doesn't want Becky with Steve on Y&R cause it means "Liz" would "get" "Jason", and some for the reason you say.

• Love 5

Like Stefan and Katherine not working out.

• Love 1

Depends on which fans. I'm sure there's a faction that doesn't want Becky with Steve on Y&R cause it means "Liz" would "get" "Jason", and some for the reason you say.

Well yes, that's true too. :)

But I do think the "too obvious" angle is a legitimate reason to be bothered by that, because Y&R fans who don't watch GH will just be annoyed that a couple from another soap is being recreated on their soap (see: Ricky Paull Goldin and Beth Ehlers from GL to AMC--THAT went over well).

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4

Kelly Monaco has never struck me as the type to go after other chicks or jockey for place. It seems like the most she can be bothered to do (like myself) is roll out of bed, find some coffee and try to survive the mornings.

For the record, Becky Herbst has always come off like the consummate team player in her own way as well. I always figured she was just in this game to make a nest egg and raise her kids. God knows Juan and the various soap star pyramid schemes don't last.

I am genuinely curious what MS is up to if he isn't a lawyer now, and I don't know if the Great GH Monavie Experiment is still a thing. He could just be a Mr. Mom type of dad right now, but I'm still curious.

Edited by UYI

I don't know about that.  Natalie was largely the Liz to McBain's Jason on that show.  When she did finally get a real love interest of her own who fans loved, they killed him off.  And, even outside of the love stories, she was always the "lesser twin" to Jessica.  So, playing Liz would be like a comfortable shoe for MA.  "OK, you're here to play plot point prop for other characters' stories, and if you get involved in a pairing that the fans like or that has potential to move you out of the periphery of the guy we want your character always pining for, we'll kill that bastard off."  

• Love 10

Dammit! Some of us have never gotten over Jared!

That being said, I'm very glad they never tainted the actor who played wonderfully creepy Mitch Lawrence by having Sonny dimple grip him to death or Julian blind him with his shiny abs.

I think I would have taken that over lurid, trashy scenes of him trying to rape his own daughter, with this being used as an excuse to have a "comedy" story where she thought she was 15 and was then raped by a man who was only interested in her because he was turned on by her thinking she was 15, but who was presented as a hero and a saint by Ron and Frank because he had an eight-pack.

And that's also why I'll always think Ron is a disgusting hack.

• Love 6

Ron can't let anything go. Here's his response to Geary's exit interview, which he makes during his WGA acceptance speech:

https://youtu.be/rX7X3n0ViJQ?t=1m22s

By the way, I don't think Tony Geary referencing Ron as "the writer" was designed to be an insult against writers. It was supposed to be an insult just to Ron that he wouldn't name him by name. But whatev.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

I figured if he had won, Ron would throw his shade.

Yet while I understand him coming for Tony, he should had threw a lot of shade at his ex collaborator Frank. Frank is the executive producer allowed the actors to drive a wedge between their working relationship.

Tony is a diva no doubt but Frank is the worst to me.

Looks like they hosted that in a Holiday Inn conference room afterhours. Nah, son.

I'm sure what he says about TG is true but I wish Ron would've just let it go. Just take the award and be thankful. I also notice the presence of absolutely zero non-white folks on that stage.

Incidentally, cute dude in the back: Call me

• Love 1

Awards ceremonies are not the place to throw shade at anyone. The man was rewarded for his craft. Accept the award, thank your fellow writers and the Guild, and walk off the stage with your head held high. If he insisted on throwing shade at Geary, he could have done it in his post-award press statement.

• Love 5

Looks like they hosted that in a Holiday Inn conference room afterhours. Nah, son.

I'm sure what he says about TG is true but I wish Ron would've just let it go. Just take the award and be thankful. I also notice the presence of absolutely zero non-white folks on that stage.

In true Carvilati fashion, what he said, I think, was both true and not true at the same time.

When Tony dissed Ron for not talking to him, I believe he was talking about the Emmys last year and the fact that they sat at a table and that Ron didn't attempt socialize with him at all. Not that they had never spoken in their lives.

I also thinkRon glosses over the fact that while Tony did become disenchanted with the storyline, there were shifts and changes in that storyline. He loved it when it was Bill Eckert. And he had some problems with, but was still fine with, "dark Luke." But Tony hated his exit story, which had nothing to do with the previous writing about either Bill or dark Luke. And that exit storyline was a piece of crap, to which any person with taste would become disenchanted.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 7

Holiday Inn conference room is being too generous. 

Ron is so petty and childish. Why couldn't he just collect his undeserved award and keep it moving. If I won an award talking shit would probably be the last thing on my mind. 

• Love 1

BTW, jsbt, does this change your opinion at all about Ron's prospects for returning to GH at some later point?

My guess is that he earned himself another year of being untouchable, but after that all bets are off.

Edited by Francie

What a petulant little child.  Way to accept your award with dignity, asshat.  Does he think TG is sitting somewhere in Amsterdam all "oh, shit, he told me!"?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 12