Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

We (the viewers) have seen Lulu unravel and panic—it's how she's "her mother's daughter" and fragile and all that nonsense. I get ER wants the acting change, but no, thanks.

I agree. Hard pass.

If I had to pick one GH cast member to hang out with, based solely on interviews and social media, I think it would be Kin.  He just seems like a normal, decent, loyal friend who is a lot of fun.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

If I had to pick one GH cast member to hang out with, based solely on interviews and social media, I think it would be Kin.  He just seems like a normal, decent, loyal friend who is a lot of fun.

Agreed, I've said before that I think knocking back mimosas at brunch with Kin would be a blast.

• Love 1

I've been way more checked into lurking on the forum than the show but I have to purely self indulge post because the dress Lexi is wearing in the above picture seems to be the BCBG dress I got on ebay, nwt, for $10.99 over the summer and wore to my siblings baby shower. . And it's really amusing me for some reason. Wonder if Lexi scored on a bid she wasn't expecting to get...

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

I really liked Patricia Bethune in this role as well as others I've seen, such as Sally's child psychologist (who essentially becomes Betty's adult psychologist) on Mad Men. I had hoped she'd end up working at General Hospital just to screw with Carly's head. Maybe Mary Pat has a twin sister named Betty Sue? 

• Love 2

I thought they were talking about the Hate!Sex episode from 1999 at first, but it's actually the Thanksgiving episode from 2000. I won't lie, I'm looking forward to seeing this. 

• Love 1

The word "class," in any variation, and Sonny and Carly have no business being anywhere near each other.

This episode was the first Thanksgiving the duo shared as a couple.

And, wow, they only go back as far as 2000?  It seems like they've been torturing the show for eternity.

Edited by Fellaway

Laura had every reason to hate Mary Pat...but she never wanted anyone to die.

They mean Carly,right? Not Laura Collins? Or did they forget Laura is the actress and Carly is the character? Did they fire the proofreader along with all the good writers? So many questions.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Fellaway said:

And, wow, they only go back as far as 2000?  It seems like they've been torturing the show for eternity.

No, they first had sex in November of 1999. 

Edited by UYI
10 hours ago, UYI said:

I thought they were talking about the Hate!Sex episode from 1999 at first, but it's actually the Thanksgiving episode from 2000. I won't lie, I'm looking forward to seeing this. 

There is nothing to be done about it, but a certain recast who's had bad press for his serial con jobs is all over that episode.  I never liked him at the time, but he makes my skin crawl now.   

There's some good, though. One thing that strikes me is how back then, episodes had more people in them. Almost every active GH character at that time makes an appearance. Edward, Lila, Alan, Monica, AJ, Ned, Alexis, Reginald, Sonny, Carly, Michael, Hannah, Roy, Bobbie, Lucas, Tony, Felicia, Mac, Maxie, Georgie, Florence, Marcus, Gia, Nikolas, Lucky, Elizabeth, Emily, Zander, I think I covered them all. And everyone gets something to do (except for very young children, who are just carried around), and the families lead into each other very organically.  Nowadays even a special holiday episode might have, what, a third that many people on it? 

I looked at some clips. Wally's soul patch is so 2000. Mo's voice has dropped a lot over 20 years. I was reminded how much I loved Original Recipe Zem, before the Gooze wrecked both Zander and Emily in the Natalia years. This was in the period when all of Chad's scenes were in that jail visitation room.  

• Love 4

Well I see two people beat me to the news about the ‘special’ Sonny show. I don’t know why he’s imagining a life without the mob. He’s said time and again that this is the life he’s always wanted. The money, power...he loves it!

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The only thing I remember from today’s show is that Carly’s hair looked really good and shiny! Go figure.

I legit thought the same thing and will be recreating the hairstyle on myself.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Hey they got Dominic Zamprogna to come back to be a part of this.

Yeah, back for the Sonny-sode, not back to properly end the Dante/Lulu relationship on screen, ugh.

I just...we've heard all this shit before.  Oh poor Sonny, Mike abandoned him, oh poor Sonny, Deke locked him in a closet, oh poor Sonny, he had no choice to join the mob because Connie stood him up, blah blah blah blah HAAAAATE.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, back for the Sonny-sode, not back to properly end the Dante/Lulu relationship on screen, ugh.

I'd rather this, tbh. You know they will trash Dante on his way out if they bring him back for anything to do with Dante/Lulu. Not that it will stop them doing the same thing with him being off screen, with those phone calls.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well I see two people beat me to the news about the ‘special’ Sonny show. I don’t know why he’s imagining a life without the mob. He’s said time and again that this is the life he’s always wanted. The money, power...he loves it!

Don't forget those anonymous ten other people who would be much much much worse if they took over....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'd rather this, tbh. You know they will trash Dante on his way out if they bring him back for anything to do with Dante/Lulu. Not that it will stop them doing the same thing with him being off screen, with those phone calls.

Well never say never but given they don't really seem to be trashing him now I think they could manage to write a mutual break-up.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

One of the scenes will probably be something asinine, like if Sonny had gone the straight and narrow somehow Dante would've ended up in the organization because he wanted to rebel against his law-abiding dad.

Yes. And then he and Michael somehow end up with guns on each other (because if Michael were raised by fat AJ he would be bad of course) and Jason throws himself in the middle and all three get shot. Oh noes!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes. And then he and Michael somehow end up with guns on each other (because if Michael were raised by fat AJ he would be bad of course) and Jason throws himself in the middle and all three get shot. Oh noes!

The lesson learned being that Sonny being a mobster ultimately saves lives.  And...scene.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It'll be like that Jason fantasy episode where, oh noes, a non-brain damaged Jason Quartermaine ends up a drug addict so better he became a hitman. #eyeroll

I'd rather see that Jason Quartermaine and Robin ended up together and happy and Carly ended up a drug addicted prostitute.  

• Love 3

I must be getting old but I still can’t quite figure out what Curtis, Jason and Sam learned by their scam at Ferncliff. Ok, they found Nelle in a cell pretending to be crazy. Weren’t they supposed to find out who the mystery patient was who was sending Carly the Morse Code messages? Did I miss something along the line? Are they still at Ferncliff sniffing around? Is fake Kevin going to kill Ava? 

On 11/8/2018 at 3:13 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The lesson learned being that Sonny being a mobster ultimately saves lives.  And...scene.

So, does it change from "I wouldn't have shot him if I knew he was my son" to "I had to shoot him because otherwise he would have been in the mob!"?

• Love 2