Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Time for Dirty Dodge to throw a curveball into the basket!*

No, I'm very happy Jonathan will appear. Ethan I can do without, but whatever.

* - I'm very sorry.

• Love 4

Nathan was on The Originals all last season, signed for next season and the married him to the lead, they have to have a long term deal with him.

The last I heard, he still wasn't signed as a regular, just as a recurring guest. And considering how things were left with his character, he may not appear very much next season, at least not at first.

• Love 1

I just hope Cartini don't muck this up and actually do a good job with the exit storyline.

I think they will do a decent job, ar least the last week or so. I might even cry. Shit.

• Love 4

YES!!!!!!!! Im so glad JJ is coming back for Lukes exit. Please give me a scene of  Luke/Lucky/Laura. Especially JJ/GF they havent had a scene since his first run on the show.

Ethan, blah blah blah. Who cares.

• Love 3
I just hope Cartini don't muck this up and actually do a good job with the exit storyline.

I think they will do a decent job, ar least the last week or so. I might even cry. Shit.

I'm sure the lead-up will be crap, but the last day or two? I trust Ron to do a good job. The anniversary shows have been good, and Edward's good-bye was nice.

• Love 5

I so need Lucky/JJ to come back with Robin/KMc on his arm "Yeah I rescued Robin from Helena, we fell in Love, the kids will spend summer's in Paris with us. Oh...you guys know Jackson is Jason right. Dad, come by when you get the chance, Robert hangs with us all the time."

• Love 6

lol Vanessa Marcil is apparently passive-aggressively tweeting about S&C/Laura Wright

she tweeted that if LW didn't wear heels S&C would be on 5 days a week, and that she could break up "that shit" in her sleep (meaning Sonny and Carly)

I must have somehow missed this info, but when is Luke/TG leaving ? Soon I hope !

by the end of summer I think, they didn't give the date.

• Love 1

lol Vanessa Marcil is apparently passive-aggressively tweeting about S&C/Laura Wright

she tweeted that if LW didn't wear heels S&C would be on 5 days a week, and that she could break up "that shit" in her sleep (meaning Sonny and Carly)

LMAO wow. How pathetic.

• Love 2

I believe, and I could be wrong, that July sweeps strangely runs until the second Wednesday in August this year.

In other news, Vanessa Marcil needs to grow up. She's a forty-something year old with a child. If teenager Haley Pullos acted like that it would be childish; with Vanessa is just embarrassing.

• Love 2

I hate Sonny/Carly, together or separately. That said, Sonny/Brenda had also long lost their luster the last time Ms. Marcil came around. She needs to act like an adult and move on with her life.

It's rather embarrassing at this stage. Make like Elsa and "let it go".

• Love 2

I just don't understand why, if she cares so much, she just doesn't come back to the show. I have a hard time believing they're refusing her.

I don't think Uncle Frank can afford her. My suspicion is that he can only "afford" Genie & JJ is because they agreed to appear for a reduced rate as a favor to Tony.

The sad thing he probably could afford Genie & Vanessa if he dumped AT LEAST NINE OF US NEVER CARED and his other OLTL & Y&R cast-offs. Except Emme & Maura can stay.

• Love 7

I just don't understand why, if she cares so much, she just doesn't come back to the show. I have a hard time believing they're refusing her.

Didn't she willingly leave? And why is she throwing shade at LW, does she know LW isn't Carly?

What the hell prompted THIS?

Didn't she willingly leave? And why is she throwing shade at LW, does she know LW isn't Carly?

Did I miss something? How is joking about LW wearing heels "throwing shade?"

Again, am I missing something? Is VM constantly tweeting about GH and talking about breaking up Sonny & Carly or is this just one random text people are using to assume she wants to come back? To me it just seems like a joke.

Did I miss something? How is joking about LW wearing heels "throwing shade?"

Again, am I missing something? Is VM constantly tweeting about GH and talking about breaking up Sonny & Carly or is this just one random text people are using to assume she wants to come back? To me it just seems like a joke.

Except this is not the first time VM has tweeted such things.

• Love 1

Except this is not the first time VM has tweeted such things.

"Such things" like what, though? I'm still trying to figure out how mentioning LW needing to wear heels is "shade." And if it's shade, wouldn't it be more shade at MB for being so short, than any shade at LW?

And is it a constant barrage of tweets, as if she can talk about nothing else, or once and awhile she posts things like she believes S & B belong together and not Sonny and Carly? I don't see why she's not allowed to have a preference and post about her old stomping grounds once and a while without it being made to seem like she's pathetic and desperate to come back on the show.

• Love 1

I'll have to go find them but Wendy is right, she sporadically tweets weird thing about Carly/S&B. She comes off oddly at best imo cause they don't usually sound very jokey. It may just be that she doesn't realize how she comes off.

• Love 4

They should have Brenda and Morgan hook up, with Britt popping in occasionally to yell with Morgan about the Corvette and sunglasses he bought.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder who they were planning to use in the starring role? A vet? A pet? A newbie? I vote for We Never Cared. RC can retcon her background, he does it all the time for...reasons.

Ron will have Sonny make some random comment about Max transitioning to a woman, whoever he is in the scene with wont react at all because the scene will quickly cut to Lewq bloviating about something or whatever.

And then in a few months "Katrina" will show up with them re-purposing the Denise wig, one of Lisa's maternity outfits, and letting Brooklyn Silzer & Hannah Nordberg loose in the make-up room with poor Derk. And then Ron will interviews about telling a groundbreaking story, and then it will never be referenced or seen again.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I'll have to go find them but Wendy is right, she sporadically tweets weird thing about Carly/S&B. She comes off oddly at best imo cause they don't usually sound very jokey. It may just be that she doesn't realize how she comes off.

VM has always had a really quirky, maybe somewhat oddball/weird, sense of humor. People either love it or hate it. But I don't think she's trying to be mean or malicious. And sarcasm/jokes can be hit-or-miss online because it's harder to detect for some.

• Love 2

Ron wanted to do a trans story for Roxie on OLTL, but for various reasons it never happened. I'm sure he still itches to use it. We're not out of the woods.

Ron:  "I've got it! The audience will FINALLY accept Franco if he becomes a woman!  Roger would play the hell out of that!"

• Love 5

The cliffhanger was Lucas announcing he had Ava's DNA test results; the previews were Michael/Rosalie, Ava saying they can't open the results, Lulu and Nikolas, Sloane and Anna, Olivia telling Nina to get out, and Franco barging in on Maxie/Nathan

I think Ron and Frank do. Honestly, I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Not Valentini though, I think he'll land on his feet whatever happens.

I don't feel sorry for Ron, Frank or Varni. Ron is a condensing ass. Mr. I write it therefore it is in character or having to explain half the show on twitter (Patrick had Emma's phone or only the basement blew up). He loves to tell people who complain that their still watching, guess what fewer people are watching.

• Love 5

I don't think Uncle Frank can afford her. My suspicion is that he can only "afford" Genie & JJ is because they agreed to appear for a reduced rate as a favor to Tony.

The sad thing he probably could afford Genie & Vanessa if he dumped AT LEAST NINE OF US NEVER CARED and his other OLTL & Y&R cast-offs. Except Emme & Maura can stay.

No.  They can go, too.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ron is the one standing by so many of these characters and stories and vehemently attacking any critique of his choices. Frank is a businessman. I don't pity him but I sympathize with his responsibility, and respect him for staying out of the public fray even if I think he has plenty of the share of blame for the creative choices of the show.

Ron I have less and less sympathy for. They want the show to survive - so write stuff that gives it that capability, and not just for 4-6 week stretches during sweeps. Don't spend months on Franco/Nina capers, the Jake/Jason merry-go-round, all sorts of good or bad stories spinning wheels for the better part of a year while insulting our intelligence. Don't waste so much time on shit you have no investment in (or more than the audience) just so you can get to November, or September, or May.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11