Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: RuCo Empire

• Start Topic

The link to this episode is floating around the internet.  If you want to see it PM me and I will send it to you.  If you want the spoilers as to the winners and losers here it is:

SPOILERS:

Naysha is the queen that comes back to compete.  Bob wins the main acting challenge with Thorgy in a close 2nd and Acid Betty rounding out the top 3.  Robbie Turner and Cynthia are in the bottom 2.  Both turn out an really good LSFYL but Cynthia goes home =(

• Love 1

Bringing back Naysha was.. okay. Though between her looks and acting this episode, it seems to be bringing back someone who will be lucky to last more than two episodes.. which is honestly the norm for the show so I guess it's at least consistent with how weak it's returning queens are.

Bob and Thorgy really could have gotten a shared win for that given how glorious both of them were. No one else came even remotely close to them.

Cynthia went home as soon as she decided to lip sync in heels.

• Love 4

Thank god I wasn’t drinking anything when the television came on and I saw Rucious. Is it wrong that I wish Empire would replace Lucious with Rucious?

Betty and Bob were giving me Starlight Express realness during the runway, and it was everything! My 10 year-old self thought that show was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I wanted Betty and Bob to burst into a chorus of "Rolling Stock" so badly.

This group of queens is so freaking talented. I’m loving them and all their challenges have been so great so far. There wasn’t anyone who bombed tonight, but Bob, Thorgy, and Chi Chi killed it. I think all I may do for the rest of the night is watch Bob pour that drink on Naomi. LOL. There’s no one I don’t like this season, but Bob, Thorgy, and Chi Chi are my favorites so far.

I was glad Naysha got to come back, since I hated that we lost anyone during that first week. But how sad that Cynthia was so excited to see her come back, only for Cynthia to sashay away this week?

• Love 6

This group of queens is so freaking talented. I’m loving them and all their challenges have been so great so far.

It's really surprising. In a usual mix of talent on the show, the Naomi, Chi Chi, Robbie and Cynthia equivalents would be complete non-entities while the Kim Chi equivalent would only be notable for that one look and be the person you just know is going at Snatch Game. But this season they're all distinct and fairly talented, a huge shift from last season which really didn't have a great deal of distinction between the queens until you got into like top 6.

This season if the top 3 were Chi Chi, Naomi and Kim Chi I wouldn't consider it that surprising(okay, I would, mostly because Bob, Acid Betty and Thorgy almost seem a lock for top 3).

When Thorgy was talking about losing her mom, I wanted to hug her. I lost my own mother to cancer when I was 15, during the height of our love/hate period, and it still smarts, over 40 years later. (Yes, I'm that old!) Thorgy is quickly becoming one of my favorites from this group, she's just truly talented. I just don't really love her runways yet.

Bob cracks me the hell up, and she killed that challenge! I, too, love the purse becoming a running gag.

Chi Chi is pretty terrific for a broke-ass thrift queen.

This season has a lot of real talent and I am loving it!!

Oh, and Robbie Turner killed the LSFYL by doing it roller disco style...no way was anyone beating that!

Edited by RobertBestBarbie
  • Love 5

Can I just say that I am loving the continued presence of Bob's purse from episode one!

As am I. Unsurprisingly the oracles of drag on Reddit chastised her because it didn't match her catsuit. They also have their undies in a bunch over her lack of contouring. I mean seriously, how do you contour skin that dark without producing something akin to Coco Montrese level Cheetos realness? Their complaints notwithstanding, my mom still thinks Bob looks more like a woman that any of them. "I could have sworn that was Viola Davis' sister" said mom.

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 4

I adore Thorgy.  Adore.  Surprising to me, since she was somewhere between bottom half and, wait, who? before the season started (based on preview vids).  Definitely the most endearing one of the bunch, and this is such a strong group.  Love Bob too, but Thorgy is stealing my cold, little heart.

• Love 7

Their complaints notwithstanding, my mom still thinks Bob looks more like a woman that any of them. 

Bob is very good at putting on the actual /act/ of being a woman, that is when in drag I wouldn't be able to tell him out of a crowd of black women, which is a fairly difficult skill to manage. Plus the specific type of woman he portrays isn't contoured to hell and back, or even very make up intensive(his performances on youtube run from being very make up heavy to having practically none depending on the look he's going for).

I'm not feeling this season at all, I love Thorgy though.

Bob is just not very funny and didn't deserve the win with that outfit, Thorgy did.

Naysha is an useless comeback. Should have brought a queen from a previous season.

I think Kim Chi is just weird and how was she not in the bottom as well?

• Love 1

"A Faith Evans song no one has ever heard of" ?!?!?

I just ... but ... what the ... I mean ... dude. It's "Mesmerize" for God's sake. It is AWESOMENESS. Live it, learn it, love it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved that Bob was just cracking up during the entire Supreme Court realness challenge. Bob killed it during the RuCo Empire challenge! Funny, confident, and convincing. I didn't love the Transformers costume, but I understood the concept. It ended up being better that the cardboard car didn't get finished. And great save on the runway instead of eating shit!

Thorgy's look was simple but definitely 70s. Totally Chrissy Snow! Although I love over the top runway shows, I felt like if there was one where the outfits didn't have to be super crazy, this was it.

Similarly, Naysha's runway look was great for the 70s roller disco vibe. The hair, the leotard, it was all working for me. Poor girl fell, but good on her for getting up and skating off.

At least Naomi admitted that she knew her pink bathing suit with a robe was not a 70s look.

Derrick's bubble dress was not 70s or roller disco to me at all. I don't completely agree with Michelle saying that Derrick is giving us non-Britney either. Her performance during the RuCo challenge was really not good.

Acid Betty's over the top runway unicorn was crazy, but in a way that I expect. I loved the shading and contouring on her clavicle and though. Her look for the RuCo challenge was not what I expected, but it totally worked.

Cynthia was terrible during the RuCo challenge. I also didn't like her runway look. I was still sad to see her go because she always seemed so sweet whenever she spoke in the workroom.

Chi Chi's neon green outfit wasn't the most 70s but she was working it and she sold it to me.

I know this might sound totally "follow the fashion rules in an issue of Cosmo from 1984," but I was with Michelle when she said she didn't like that Robbie had silver all over her runway look and then a gold necklace. To this day, I still won't wear silver and gold together (except for one costume that is specifically all silver and gold, and I only have that because it was a group costume). She was great on the runway. The outfit worked for me and I loved when she was spinning in a circle. Robbie's problem is that she always has excuses. I'm glad one of the judges told her it's a competition and to basically STFU.

Kim Chi was lucky that this week's runway was on roller skates because she was able to avoid walking in heels for one more week. Her acting wasn't great, but she was smart to take the notes she received and use them immediately. On top of that, she went even bigger with her bad acting to make it funny. I loved her parrot makeup on the runway though and I loved the thought she put into it with the John Galliano inspiration.

Haaaaated Michelle's gold lipstick.

I'm glad that Cynthia and Robbie had the option to keep their roller skates or change into heels for the LSFYL.

And I feel for Thorgy. One of my grandparents died my freshman year in college and my parents didn't tell me until I came home for the summer. They thought they were helping me stay focused and not distracting me by waiting to tell me. Of course, when you know that, it makes total sense that when my dad got sick, they didn't tell my sisters or me right away so we guessed he had cancer beforehand.

Is it just me or is the amount of material that they're giving the queens this season more substantial? I feel like the skits this week and the lip sync routine from last week were SO long. I'm not complaining because I was totally entertained, but it feels like the sheer volume of what they are asked to learned for each challenge is much greater than past seasons where they were given shorter skits or one song (instead of a long medley of several songs).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Last year's group couldn't even convincingly get through their (admittedly terrible) Shakespeare parodies, this year they're all memorizing a lot more material. And much better material, too.

Thorgy has been reminding me of guys I knew in college, which I can't say of any of the other queens. Too bad his dad and sister made the decisions they did regarding his mother's health and passing. I wonder if they were in denial about how bad her condition was? He might want to talk to someone about all this and his feelings.

I'm sorry to see Cynthia go, but it was her time. I think Derrick and Robby will be going soon. They're good, but not good enough for this season.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin

Thank God it wasn't Shangela that returned. Not sure how long Naysia will last but again, no Shangela. This episode is stamped in the top ten RPDR eps of all time in my heart. Supreme Court robe makeover, Bob cracking up during the mini challenge, the supremely awesome Empire parody and most of the performances, roller disco runway realness, Bob's purse...

Locas, when Bob busted out that purse from the first episode during RuCo's Empire I threw my hands up and whooped. If Bob uses that purse in every episode this season I will clap my hands in glee. Every ad lib and movement she made in that parody was spot ON. As if throwing the rest of her drink on a dead family member wasn't enough to end that scene she steals one, ONE, of her high heels too. After wiping the tears from my eyes I remembered that last season on Empire Lucious got pissed off when Cookie, post-pedicure and in flip flops, gesticulated near his face during an argument with one of the heels she was carrying and he snapped "don't put your shoe in my face!" (paraphrased). Oh Lord, I'm starting to giggle again.

I honestly would have declared the win a tie between Bob and Thorgy, they were both SO great.

"Mesmerized" was my JAM when it first came out, the original, not the remix, although I do understand why the show thought they needed the faster version for the LSFYL.

• Love 5

I wasn't really a fan of the acting challenge, but I never am. Bob absolutely crushed it and deserved the win, but I do think her look needs more polish if she wants to win this season. Compared to past winners, she looks a bit messy - say what you want about Bianca's versatility, she looks flawless and polished every time. The judges usually call this stuff out, and I feel like they held back this week.

I think what sets Kim apart from many former look queens is that she's trying. This week and last week she was clearly way out of her element, but she took everyone's advice to heart and never gave up. That's the kind of stuff Ru loves. Even if the end result is still awkward (which I think it was this week) her attitude will take her to the end. Might not be enough for a win.

The ones that strike me as potentially being the total package at this point are Thorgy (obviously) and Naomi, who is stunning and has been a surprisingly competent and consistent performer. I could see either of them in the final three, although I expect to see Thorgy get the "unfair" boot at 5th, like Katya and Dela.

As much as I like Acid as a villain, I think she crossed the line into straight up asshole this week on Untucked. When Bianca made a comment towards Laganja after she received her video message, she was clearly trying to be funny and maybe just should've read the room better (even though I think Laganja overreacted). Acid seemed like she was just being rude. I'm glad she was called on it - and I definitely didn't expect it from Derrick.

I'm not really connecting with Robbie, Chi Chi, Naysha, or Derrick. Still like all of them, though.

• Love 3

Not to sound all cynical but Robbie Turner ending up in the bottom when it just so happens to be a roller skate runway and he just happens to have been a competitive skater reeks of producer manipulation. Not that his performance didn't warrant being in the bottom three.

• Love 10

Oh, Bob!  How I love you.  She was on fire this whole episode.  First because she was so sincerely delighted by everyone's looks during the Supreme court min challenge.  And Then the purse.  The Purse!  That needs to be a specific topic during the reunion show.  And then her TRON look for the runway challenge.  Excellent way to hide the fact that she can't roller-skate for hell.  And finally her ad-lib's during Ru-Co's empire.  I mean, really, who else could have been Chocolate Chip Cookie?  And the taking of  ONE shoe.  ONE.  Oh, Bob how I love you.

I have to give it up for Naomi Smalls.  She did not break character at all with that final dump of water on her.  She was well cast as Vanilla Wafer aka Boo Boo Kitty. 

Chi-Chi was also perfectly cast as the Hakeem character.  Hakeem so hood and so is Chi Chi.

Derrick better do something... something.  She was actually quite pretty in the afro-wig.  So it was such a disappointment to see yet another Britney-eqsue look from her.  She really needs to up her game.

Thorgy is neck and neck with Chi Chi as my second favorite this season so far.  Her story about her mother was so heartbreaking.  ThorgyMom looked just like her though! 

I am super enjoying the season so far.  And I agree with everyone that the bench is really deep and the talent is good so it is fun just to enjoy them all without being constantly exasperated by some dead-weight who seems to be coasting.

• Love 4

yeah, Betty was over the top on untucked ripping on Trixie.  Trixie's makeup makes my eyes hurt too but like Derrick said, it's not for you to get.  And it was not nice of her to shit all over that sweet message Trixie was sending to Kim.

• Love 3

Not to sound all cynical but Robbie Turner ending up in the bottom when it just so happens to be a roller skate runway and he just happens to have been a competitive skater reeks of producer manipulation. Not that his performance didn't warrant being in the bottom three.

Ya think? Yeah, there is so much that's really obvious about this season that it's distracting me from how good these queens are. Robbie Turner's performance was so heavily edited that you'd think all the rest of the queens showed up to rehearsal and were flawless. Don't tell me the rest of them didn't flub a line. It was all so we could get that marvelous LSFYL, which was, I will admit, totally worth it. One of the best ever.

However, I'm getting a little tired of the propping up of Kim Chi. He's an adorable nerd, but that doesn't really help the fact that he's being shown as so very good in challenges where he's really....not? That tongue pop they edited into his lines (they missed one, and it was really obvious) just made me cringe. I get it...he's a genius at looks, but he can't walk, he can't improvise, and if the challenge ever calls for anything other than "adorably clumsy," he's going to....well, they'll find a way of covering that up, won't they?

Also, Derrick Barry is a big draw in Vegas, so he has to stay, I guess, but he's kind of a nonentity. He's just sort of there, but we'll have to put up with him because of his name, I suppose. Too bad they didn't do that with some of the queens in earlier seasons (like Kelly Mantle).

• Love 7

Bringing back Naysha was such an underwhelming move. I was hoping it might be a new queen, an alternate who could have been waiting in the wings (like the much-rumored-to-be-on-this-season Skarlet Starlet). Naysha just strikes me as total filler, an exception in this season that's exceptionally well cast. As deserved as the previous week's double elimination was, I'd have been more interested to see more cosplay looks from Dax than several more weeks of a pretty pageant queen.

• Love 3

"Mesmerized" was my JAM when it first came out, the original, not the remix, although I do understand why the show thought they needed the faster version for the LSFYL.

Mine too ( the original)!  This episode had everything! ( said in my best stefon voice)

Yeah, there is so much that's really obvious about this season that it's distracting me from how good these queens are. Robbie Turner's performance was so heavily edited that you'd think all the rest of the queens showed up to rehearsal and were flawless. Don't tell me the rest of them didn't flub a line. It was all so we could get that marvelous LSFYL, which was, I will admit, totally worth it. One of the best ever.

I'm glad people are pointing this out.  Honestly it should have been Derrick and Cynthia in the bottom.  The thing is I like Robbie (like not love) so I can't be too mad at the situation.  Plus this b.s has been going on for awhile now.  In a lot of the previous seasons certain queens are given songs to L.S. to and it's song they would be good at and the other queen wouldn't.  It's always been a situation where the queen I like comes out on top so I don't mind too much but yeah I guess it's kinda a given on this show.  The manipulation and editing makes people appear a certain way and can make certain queens to have more talent than they actually do....IDK.  Mistakes and flubbed lines can be edited out so only good stuff stays.  Enh I don't mind I guess, I would rather seen queens excel and than just see a bunch of nonsense ala season 7s acting challenges.  I guess they are trying to compensate for last years mistakes *shrug*

Nayasha = *yawn* she came back and then faded into the background.  Instead of bringing her back I wish that this week was a non elimination.  I'm gonna miss CooCoo Cynthia.

• Love 1

I would be remiss if I did not mention Bob busting out that patented George Jefferson dance move (although with that judge robe on I could not help but also think of Geraldine from the Flip Wilson Show) when introduced in the Supreme Court makeover mini challenge. Oh Lord! I am literally cackling as I type this, it made me LOL that much last night.

O.M.G. Just thought of this: Bob as Geraldine of The Flip Wilson Show on Snatch Game. Maybe? Please?

Just watched Untucked, Acid Betty just seems to be the self designated shit stirrer this season. I actually like her, she hasn't really done or said anything yet imho to be marked as the villain. Liked how Derrick defended Trixie's makeup in a non-confrontational, rational way.

Forgot to say bye bye to cuckoo Cynthia, who seems like such a sweetie. And unless Naysia amps up well, everything, she may sashaying away, again, soon.

• Love 4

Thorgy was robbed. I'm definitely for her right now, that story about her mother hit close to home, something like that happened to me as well.

I'm still missing my fashion queens, I don't see the personalities I loved in the other seasons either.

• Love 1

This is the first season where I don't hate anyone, and I am SO happy about that. I hated Cynthia's Charo schtick, but dammit, I liked HER. And I HOWLED when she yelled " I LOVED it!" when referring to her own performance. Bob is still my pick, but Thorgi (who I still pronounce with a hard G so it rhymes with Corgi) is definitely pulling on all of my feels.

Controversial opinion: I haven't seen Untucked yet, but FUCK Trixie's makeup. I HATE it. On top on being fucking ugly, it's literally a distraction from the person underneath (whom I like). There should be a new rule: never work with children, animals, or Trixie's goddamn makeup. Because that shit will suck all the attention from whatever's on the stage.

• Love 3

Derrick better do something... something.  She was actually quite pretty in the afro-wig.  So it was such a disappointment to see yet another Britney-eqsue look from her.  She really needs to up her game.

Maybe they will soon have a episode that will really show Derrick as talented and a real contender, but right now he's kind of like Courtney Act without the more endearing qualities, a less expensive wardrobe and without the Rusical to show that they're really damned talented.

Controversial opinion: I haven't seen Untucked yet, but FUCK Trixie's makeup. I HATE it. On top on being fucking ugly, it's literally a distraction from the person underneath (whom I like). There should be a new rule: never work with children, animals, or Trixie's goddamn makeup. Because that shit will suck all the attention from whatever's on the stage.

I would have to agree. At first I was okay with it as something different but having seen it many times now.. it just looks bad. It doesn't really reshape her face, it's so powdery it doesn't blend at all and the shapes it tries to create just don't work. Kim Chi has similar heavy make up, but done so much better(watching Kim Chi talk and do stuff in her make up can be unpleasant as well, but IMO that is more Uncanny Valley of something that looks not quite right as a human face more than the make up itself looking bad).

Maybe they will soon have a episode that will really show Derrick as talented and a real contender, but right now he's kind of like Courtney Act without the more endearing qualities, a less expensive wardrobe and without the Rusical to show that they're really damned talented.

I would have to agree. At first I was okay with it as something different but having seen it many times now.. it just looks bad. It doesn't really reshape her face, it's so powdery it doesn't blend at all and the shapes it tries to create just don't work. Kim Chi has similar heavy make up, but done so much better(watching Kim Chi talk and do stuff in her make up can be unpleasant as well, but IMO that is more Uncanny Valley of something that looks not quite right as a human face more than the make up itself looking bad).

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 1

I'll do you one better, I'm pretty sure the entire "Empire" episode was solely constructed for Bob to win as Cookie. 

Thorgy is my favorite so far. I have serious weakness for Chi Chi, too. Sort of the Alyssa Edwards of S8. Game, always smiling, good performance skills, stunning face in drag, and not always aware of own dorkiness. 

Relieved to have S7 fully in the rearview mirror. 

• Love 4

I really enjoyed season 7, it's quite an unpopular opinion here!

I don't wanna spend too much time on S7 but I will admit it had its moments of glory.  Katya and Max where everything IMO and they made the season for me.  Everything else though, I do mean everything and everyone, was just so meh for me.

I'll do you one better, I'm pretty sure the entire "Empire" episode was solely constructed for Bob to win as Cookie.

Wow good point.  But I can't be too mad about it because I do love me some B.O.B and he hadn't been in the top 3 yet so to see this win was nice.  I wasn't in love with this runway look. I was confused by it--robot rollerskating??  Is that what was going on there?

Thorgy is my favorite so far.

Mine too!  My obsession is slowly starting to build with this sweetie.  Also I gotta give props to Naomi.  Normally this is a queen I wouldn't like but IDK she seems to show a mature and underlying kindness that I find endearing.  I LOVE it when a contestant surprises me and completely turns my opinion around about them and she has done that.

UNTUCKED:  Trixie was NOT my fav. queen from S7 but I think Betty was waaay to harsh on her.  Yeah her makeup was jacked but it was suppose to be.  It's not like she doesn't know how to beat her mug it's just part of her character.  Not cool Betty to be so nasty while Kim Chi was getting love from Trixie.  Just rude, not funny just mean.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 3
Kim Chi was lucky that this week's runway was on roller skates because she was able to avoid walking in heels for one more week.

I was wondering if it was done to give her a reprieve.

I'm glad that Cynthia and Robbie had the option to keep their roller skates or change into heels for the LSFYL.

Although it was basically a trick question.  If you chose heels, you had better be on fire.  Cynthia went for it, to her credit, but -- roller skates.

Bob as Geraldine of The Flip Wilson Show on Snatch Game

Love!  Although all the young'uns will be asking "Who?"

• Love 2

I really enjoyed season 7, it's quite an unpopular opinion here!

Without getting too O/T, when I strain to remember S7, I'm left with two lingering impressions:

1) Pearl's total apathy (and occasional surliness) contrasted with her extremely insistent fans. 

2) The John Waters episode, which was gross. (Kind folks here tried to walk me through it last year, but I'm either too unsophisticated or too squeamish to appreciate the subtext/nuance of his work. So I just remember 'dog poop'.)

Meanwhile I basically have all of S5/S6 memorized by heart. I'm an old-school fan (circa S2) and my love for the show had done nothing but grow till that point. Definitely didn't set out to not enjoy S7. 

• Love 3

I just watched Untucked and oh Chi Chi is a quote machine.  I could quote her all day!  And I like how she puts the extra drawl on when she talks about Louisiana.  I especially loved her characterization of Acid Betty as a possible lover.  The Dorian Corey shout out took it over the top.  LOL.    Also interesting, I think this is the second time in a row (not counting last week when she was in the top 3) that Chi Chi correctly guessed who would/should be LSFYL.

I agree that I hate, hate, hate Trixie's make-up.  It is not to my taste or aesthetic.  It looks almost repulsive  to me.  But.... I have to agree with Derrick, that is her thing and it is probably drag that some people like.  Acid Betty's comments just felt like there was no reason for them.  She jumped on the chance to deride Trixie.  And it was in poor taste at that moment because it was during the  nice message for Kim Chi.

• Love 7

I just watched Untucked and oh Chi Chi is a quote machine.  I could quote her all day!  And I like how she puts the extra drawl on when she talks about Louisiana.  I especially loved her characterization of Acid Betty as a possible lover.  The Dorian Corey shout out took it over the top.  LOL.    Also interesting, I think this is the second time in a row (not counting last week when she was in the top 3) that Chi Chi correctly guessed who would/should be LSFYL.

I agree that I hate, hate, hate Trixie's make-up.  It is not to my taste or aesthetic.  It looks almost repulsive  to me.  But.... I have to agree with Derrick, that is her thing and it is probably drag that some people like.  Acid Betty's comments just felt like there was no reason for them.  She jumped on the chance to deride Trixie.  And it was in poor taste at that moment because it was during the  nice message for Kim Chi.

Holy crap, I guess I'm watching Untucked tonight. 

• Love 2

Chichi saying 

Big Meats had me howling. Also her story about having sex in drag.

I loved the Dorian Corey shout out.

• Love 1

I would have never guessed Biggie was the inspiration for Naomi Smalls. I watched this with friends who had no idea who Faith Evans was. Rude.

I can buy that Robbie biffed it because it looked like he was helping everybody else and then when it came for his time to shoot, he couldn't get his mind back in the moment.

Bob absolutely slayed that challenge, and Thorgy was no slouch.

I wasn't really a fan of the acting challenge, but I never am. Bob absolutely crushed it and deserved the win, but I do think her look needs more polish if she wants to win this season. Compared to past winners, she looks a bit messy - say what you want about Bianca's versatility, she looks flawless and polished every time. The judges usually call this stuff out, and I feel like they held back this week.......

Bob really isn't polished.  The outfits she's shown so far are pretty basic and the hair and make up are nothing special.  Bob reminds me a lot of Jinxxx in that the talent is more in the performing and less in the fashion and make up.  It also feels to me like Bob is playing to Ru's asthetic, 70's and 80's looks,  which is smart I guess but I'm not sure we're getting the real Bob.

The UnTucked Dorian Corey reference/read of Acid Betty immediately made ChiChi my favorite queen, perhaps ever.   Derrick, for all his issues, really came off like the diplomatic Ms. Corey, and I am beginning to appreciate him more because of it as well.

Edited by AntManBee
  • Love 5

I'm not happy that Naysha was brought back. She absolutely deserved to go in the first episode - she didn't just screw up the challenge, she was dumb enough to mention that she never sewed a dress before, she danced badly in the lip sync, she got the tone of the song wrong, and she managed to forget the words.

Now she comes back, and she's lackluster in the challenge, she has one of the worst outfits (she didn't have the excuse of having to make it herself, either), and she falls flat on her ass on the runway. I don't care what crown she won; I wish she wasn't there.

If they were going to bring back an accomplished queen who unexpectedly sashayed first, why couldn't it have been Kelly Mantle?

• Love 4

So last week I expressed admiration for Chi Chi for having it so put together at 22. Turns out she's 29. Whoops! Oh well, I still think she's fabulous and hilarious. And I continue to be impressed at Naomi's maturity at 21.

Bob and Thorgy were both hilarious, and I really like the way Thorgy does her runway make-up, black eyes and all.

I wonder if Robbie Turner would be less insufferable and more snarky if he just changed his voice to sound less whiney. Because man, he seems really upset about everything, and I just can't take his complaining, although I appreciated him turning it out for the lip sync.

I laughed my ass off in Untucked when Thorgy, discussing her accessory voodoo on Laila last week, said "how about these terrible cuffs?"

• Love 2

I enjoyed Untucked as well. ChiChi serves up some tasty T! I am really surprised by how much I like her and Naomi. The type of queen Naomi is makes me think she would have been really successful on S7. I'm glad she's here though, I fear if she was surrounded by such vamped stupidity last year it might have rubbed off on her.

Not sure why but I'm just not crazy about Derrick or Robbie. IDK, I don't hate them but I'm so indefferent to them.