Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Last Day on Earth - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation/Live Chat thread for the Season Finale!! - S06.E16: Last Day on Earth.

Considering this is the season finale, and there is going to be some serious stuff going down, the thread is now open!!

BTW, the episode title changed from Something to Fear, to Last Day on Earth. o_O. Yup, this will not end well...

The thread will close at 10:45 pm - Note that the episode runs One Hour and 33 Minutes long - after which you can head on over to the episode thread S06.E16: Last Day on Earth.

----->          In the meantime, Everyone needs to read this ASAP: Revealing Spoilers in the Threads.     <------

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember:

------------> Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise).

Take it to the Comics thread or the Talking Dead thread.

----------> Have Respect for each others' opinions, Always Be Civil and Enjoy Yourselves! <----------

Certainly is an ominous title, that's for sure.

Could just be a reference to a depleting number of earth worms in the area, as I'm sure the Saviors won't feed the people they caught and a man (Daryl) has gotta eat.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

So far, 82 episodes of The Walking Dead have aired, and I've watched every single one of them live. That includes the Sunday this past October when I was diagnosed with pneumonia, was running a temp in the 103+ Fahrenheit range, and had a blood oxygen saturation level of 92.

I've decided against watching this episode live.

And I'm okay with that.

*Fixed incorrect number of episodes (twice!)

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 6
Certainly is an ominous title, that's for sure.

I created this thread two weeks ago, and at the time, the episode WAS called Something to Fear (it was hidden, in case you were wondering why you didn't see it).

Since it was the finale, I was like, "I bet it's 1.5 hours long". When I double-checked, the title had changed and I was like, "Oh crap...this is NOT good".

I'm gonna watch live (with lots of wine and tissues), We'll all meet in the episode thread for our therapy after. I feel we are all going to need it.

• Love 7

I plan to have several rum and cokes with a big bowl of popcorn as I watch and chat live. I am excited and full of dread at the same time.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)

I may watch live. I can take a lot violence-wise, I'm a pretty hardened horror vet. But - how can I say this without tags for comic spoilers? I may tag it anyway -

the possible events here may be awful beyond words. I hope like hell that they show some taste. I know they have to, in fact, but I hope they don't really go for some new kind of gusto. The potential events will be horrible enough.

Is that okay to say without tags?

Edited by HalcyonDays
Not okay to say without tags because some people deathly allergic to spoilers...Tagged

I believe I know who is going to get cut from the cast list in the season finale, and I apologize for spoiling it for everyone, but I can't hold it in anymore......... Dwight is going to give Daryl an unwanted hair trimming.

RIP you long greasy bug-infested folicles; you're curtain like appearance shall forever be (sorta maybe, but mostly kinda not) missed.

• Love 7

I dread this episode so damn much. No spoilers ok but when I read the comic episode this one is based on I put the series (the comic series) down for a very long time, it seriously had me all messed up. I fear the tv show may be 1000 times worse somehow.

• Love 5

I dread this episode so damn much. No spoilers ok but when I read the comic episode this one is based on I put the series (the comic series) down for a very long time, it seriously had me all messed up. I fear the tv show may be 1000 times worse somehow.

There are stories all over the internet today, interviews with the actors, Reedus saying he couldn't speak for an hour after seeing the final cut. I decided I don't even want to watch it.  The world is terrible enough IRL. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There are stories all over the internet today, interviews with the actors, Reedus saying he couldn't speak for an hour after seeing the final cut. I decided I don't even want to watch it. The world is terrible enough IRL.

Just keep in mind how the actors always seem to be overly dramatic at finales. I have no doubt the episode will be rough, but maybe not in the way we think...who knows.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 2

I'm sure it's going to be a good episode, but a big part of our fear comes from, I think, the fans being so hyped and agitated. We are driving ourselves crazy.

I've lived through Dexter, Breaking Bad, Games of Thrones and Buffy season 5. You don't scare me, The Walking Dead! Bring it on!

• Love 6

Just keep in mind how the actors always seem to be overly dramatic at finales.

That is very true, and I generally take it with a grain of salt.  But I will wait to read about it here before I watch it.

• Love 2

I've lived through Dexter, Breaking Bad, Games of Thrones and Buffy season 5. You don't scare me, The Walking Dead!

Yes. After being ripped apart by the finale of Six Feet Under and The Sopranos, I doubt anything could come close.

I hate being spoiled in any way, so stay from any site that might mention what's in store for us. I don't even watch previews at the end of an episode.

• Love 3

I was going to ask if we could comment about the preview at the end of last week's show, but I guess the post a few above this one answered that. 

No.

Plus, HalcyonDays, you've scared the shit out of me with the notion of time-critical banishment.   I'm cringing at every loosey-goosey comment here:  Don't say anything!  Don't risk it!  Redrum!

So let me just ask this:  could the Live Chat stay open just a bit longer at the end?  It's so frustrating when there's no chance to remark about the last moments, which is generally when we're all going out of our minds.  The last comments peter out at the sixth-to-last scene due to the lag in typing time and we're all sitting home squeeing helplessly at the dog/cat/spouse while the credits roll.

Meanwhile, thanks so much for modding the live chat--it's SO fun and I know it's a little chunk of responsibility you didn't need to take on.

[Oh, stop.   That was not just sucking up.]

• Love 4

All I know is that this is definitely the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Someone just gave me an enormous jar of homemade "amaretto moonshine."   Bizarre, yet oddly appropriate.  (Hey, there's a handy skill to have during the ZA.)  I'm sorry I can't share it with all of you during the finale--it's probably powerful enough to go around.

• Love 1

I rarely sign in and comment. But I think I am going to need emotional support beyond a few facebook comments this time around !! Kind of looking forward to this finale, kind of dreading it a lot.  One Day More !! ~~~'cue Les Mis'~~~~

Plus, HalcyonDays, you've scared the shit out of me with the notion of time-critical banishment.   I'm cringing at every loosey-goosey comment here:  Don't say anything!  Don't risk it!  Redrum!

Excellent. That's what I want everyone to feel. Don't mess it up for YOURSELF, just for a stupid spoiler!! Because you all KNOW you're want to come here and talk about the episode right away!

So let me just ask this:  could the Live Chat stay open just a bit longer at the end?

Sure, why not? Changed the time to 10:45, so more than 10 minutes after the episode ends. Just remember that the better more detailed discussions end up in the actual episode thread, not the Live-Chat. Live chat tends to be a few word reactions.

Meanwhile, thanks so much for modding the live chat--it's SO fun and I know it's a little chunk of responsibility you didn't need to take on.

[Oh, stop.   That was not just sucking up.]

Awww....you're a sweetie and thank you for the sucking up compliment! Kidding, but a true felt thank you! :')

• Love 7

I'm staying spoiler-free, which means all I really know is that...

It's going to be ninety minutes long.

Forty five minutes of that will be commercials.

Thirty five minutes of those commercials will be for "Fear the Walking Dead."

I will still not watch "Fear the Walking Dead" again.

Twenty minutes of it will be Negan;s address to the nation.

Fifteen minutes of it will be Dwight's speeches to Daryl.

Daryl is apparently shot, but alive.

Gunshots are only fatal if you die pretty much immediately... or were shot by Carol. So Daryl ought to be fine.

Rick is going to kill a lot of people.

Carol is going to kill a lot of people. 

Morgan is not going to kill a lot of people

The writers need to stop trying to make Father Hero Pants a thing.

Getting a dyslexic mullet from Enid causes miscarriages.

Sasha has amazingly bad taste in men.

And, of course, based on the title, I guess this is going to be the one where Eugene builds a spaceship.

• Love 15

I have a feeling my title for "Last Day on Earth" will be "Last Episode I Ever Watch."

I have a sneaking suspicions that something on this episode is going to piss me the hell off. The last death I was devastated about was Hershel's. My reaction after that has ranged from angry to "Whatever."  The deaths this season have mostly been in the whatever category for me.

• Love 4

Sasha has amazingly bad taste in men.

I'm in accord with all your observations, CletusMusashi, but feel the need to add, "So does Rosita."

I have a sneaking suspicions that something on this episode is going to piss me the hell off.

No doubt. Lots of things in this show piss me off, so I always try to remember the ultimate in "Pissed off at TWD", which was Rick in his big melodramatic "Look at me! Look how I grieve!" show at Lori's death while leaving his son - who just shot Mommy in her noggin - standing alone. After that, any level of pissed-off-edness is merely a minor annoyance. Okay, maybe some major annoyances, but still...

• Love 5
(edited)

Actually, you know what would reallllllllly tick me off about this episode... is if, after all this hoopla, nobody (from CDB) ends up dying.  I'm resigned to losing at least one major character; so if Gimple & co. pull the rug out from under me and its nothing more than a gratuitously long 70-minute intro for Negan, I'm trojan-horsing the gates and then grand-marshalling a(nother) walker parade through ASZ  [there may, or may not, be a 'W' on my forehead while doing so].

• Love 1
(edited)
I've lived through Dexter, Breaking Bad, Games of Thrones and Buffy season 5. You don't scare me, The Walking Dead! Bring it on!

I am with you LeeMoon.   Hang tight.  GOT has the Boltons the baddest mothers in all of TV, never mind Stannis who burnt his own daughter at the stake.  

I will be here typing live - probably just typing OMG, OMG, OMG.  But I will remain strong.

Or I could get drunk for the first time in my life - I know that is a pretty sad thing to admit.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 6

I'm in accord with all your observations, CletusMusashi, but feel the need to add, "So does Rosita."

By that rationale, is it true that they have the same taste in men??

Now we know what set them off.  Plot teased one too many times.

The Wolves were angry Nielsen families? Comcast subscribers that kept getting bills -but no service- during ZA?

• Love 1

I am with you LeeMoon.   Hang tight.  GOT has the Boltons the baddest mothers in all of TV, never mind Stannis who burnt his own daughter at the stake.  

I will be here typing live - probably just typing OMG, OMG, OMG.  But I will remain strong.

Or I could get drunk for the first time in my life - I know that is a pretty sad thing to admit.

But it sure as hell ain't gonna be no peach schnapps!

• Love 5

Anyone remember when the girl on Saved By the Bell was on Amphetamines?

I'm so excited!

I'm excited!

I'm. So. Scared.

That will be me tonight, watching the SF.

We'll all be a little Jessie Spano tonight.
  • Love 2

Man, this really needs to be one humdinger of a show.  TV America's collective blood pressure spike is making my laptop throb. 

Can The Walking Dead possibly deliver a punch big enough for all this antici

pation?  

• Love 3

Honestly curious as to all the 'therapy will be needed' type comments....

Haven't we seen countless deaths on this show already?  If you could survive seeing sweet Hershcel's head getting chopped off, what is going to be so awful about whatever may or may not happen tonight?

• Love 2
I

By that rationale, is it true that they have the same taste in men??

Well, maybe, although their tastes seem to careen wildly to opposite ends of the spectrum. Bob and Spencer  - both kind of weak and inffectual in their own ways, and then Abe, the poster boy for "Macho Macho Man." Granted, I think Rosita took Spencer on just because he was there, no doubt giving her puppy-dog looks that were maybe gratifying after Abe's abrupt dumping of her.

(edited)

Honestly curious as to all the 'therapy will be needed' type comments....

Haven't we seen countless deaths on this show already?  If you could survive seeing sweet Hershcel's head getting chopped off, what is going to be so awful about whatever may or may not happen tonight?

If watching poor Noah's face get ripped apart didn't make me lose any sleep - or over the raised levels of concern about Glenn in the middle of 6A - then they've got a seriously high bar to eclipse to make me feel something other than "wow, that was a pretty bold storytelling choice".

The only thing that could possibly even come close to 'shaking me', would be if more than 2 major characters don't survive the episode [and no, any possible cliffhangers about fates don't count].

• Love 1