Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

Is that the case with their friendship now I wonder? Although I don't agree with the idea that all the hijinx that was escalated because of the show and for the sake of pushing dramatic storylines was an exact depiction of Kim and Brandi's friendship and I would only guess that there are not nearly as many scandalously details in their actual interactions now that they aren't on the show anymore, away from all the scrutiny and being a constant topic of conversation of their former castmates. I would expect they just carry on as normal friends and do normal things in between Kim's struggle with addiction and not sit around plotting world domination a la Pinky and the Brain. :-) But that's just my guess.

But for the show I don't think Kim and Brandi would have  ever been friends. I believe Kyle's fears is that eventually Brandi will use some of Kim's comments not against Kyle but ultimately against Kim.  Which if Kim still had half a brain she would realize that Brandi was very patronizing towards Kim.  Kim, when she was writing blogs, would address some of Brandi's comments.   The only difference in the Kim and Brandi relationship-is Kim would listen to Brandi and forgive her.  Kim will not listen to anyone else let alone forgive them.  When Brandi said Kim had no friends, Kim went on to list her friends in her blog.

Except that until Mauricio sent Brandi a C&D letter, SHE was tweeting things she got from Kim on Kyle/family and that was well after filming/reunion was over, even after she was fired as a full time HW. So YES, Brandi used Kim for info/dirt on Kyle because her hatred of Kyle runs THAT deep. After the C&D letter, she would only tweet about Kim when her "fans/followers" asked about Kim and within a day or 2 of them asking, she would call Kim or meet up with her, then tweet that she "just" spoke to/saw her, otherwise nothing.

Brandi did not need Kim to put out the Mauricio/Rick rumors.  She used her friendship with Kim to make it sound as if she had the inside track.  After all her months and years of being on and off with JR, I do think her inserting herself into that family squabble was the nail in the coffin to that relationship.  I believe what Kyle feared most on behalf of her sister is that Kim would reveal something about herself (Chad springs to mind) and Kim would not be able to put the Genie back in the bottle. 

This is the best example I can come up with-when Kyle was talking to Bethenny and Bethenny was talking about Big Kathy, the mayonnaise jar full of diamonds.  Kyle appreciated the memory and in fact showed a ring from the mayo collection.  With Kim and Brandi, I believe it takes on a different light it becomes, the diamonds Kim bought her mother with the money she made as a child actress and Kyle helping herself to the diamonds when Big Kathy promised them all to Kim.  I need to emphasize we saw none of this and I am not claiming this ever happened.  Past behavior has indicated Kim will never get enough credit for her acting career.  It is just that unraveling the Kim assertions involves both painting Kim as a liar and discussing family business.  It is always a lose/lose situation for Kyle because to correct Kim's account essentially means calling her sister a liar and having to cleanse her mother's memory-again.  I guess my point is not that they are deep secrets Kim is revealing but more the spin Kim puts on the story.  It would seem to me if Brandi wanted to speak about Mauricio and his business practices she would have had an inside track with JR.  She chose the Kim spin to try and discredit Mauricio. 

Another reason I think the Kim and Brandi friendship is fake.  Brandi claims she would never had a friend that was unfaithful in a marriage.  She dropped a friend for being with a married man.  In both of Kim's marriage she cheated and left her husbands for another man.  I think these are the secrets that maybe Kyle was worried Kim would go into too much detail about.  For many years Kim believed her ex-husband Gregg and perhaps his father Marvin Davis were responsible for the murder of her boyfriend John Collette.  I am guessing perhaps Kyle does not want Kim giving a loose cannon like Brandi any up close and personal details about things such as this.  Kathy Hilton is BFFs with Gregg's sisters.  I don't think it was all really about Kim's perception (secrets) about Kyle and her family.

• Love 8

I was really warming up to Erika over the course of the season, but then I turned slightly cold on her after last week's TH about how women are bitches and hard to be friends with (such bullshit and internalised misogyny, get a grip gurl) and now after tonight's shocking display of hypocrisy I am officially off the Erika the train. You spoke to Kathryn in confidence? Really, sweetie? In front of a bunch of cameramen and an international audience? LMAO. Okay sis. What kills me isn't just that she tried to pass off her blatant shit-stirring as something private and confidential, it's the complete lack of self-awareness on her part to be so pissed at someone running off to tell someone else what she said about them, when that's what she's been doing all season with regards to Yolanda! This entire season we've seen her running to Yo and gleefully reporting (and misreporting, I might add) to her what the other woman have been saying. So congrats Erika, on officially showing your ass. And not in the cute sassy ~Erika Jayne~ way, in the "you're a royal tit whose hypocrisies have really been exposed" way.

Yes, the show is in front of a camera crew and will eventually be seen, however, the premise of a reality show is that we are supposed to be seeing slices of these people's live.  Whether or not what Erika said would eventually be seen doesn't negate the fact that Kathryn said she would be Erika's friend, said she could be trusted and then went and betrayed Erika at the first opportunity.  She relayed the whole conversation just to stir shit.  Who knows; perhaps by the time it aired, Erika and Lisa V would have become friends and Erika would have had the chance to say she felt one way before really getting to know Lisa.  Because Kathryn went and blabbed, it caused unnecessary issues.  Sure, it's entertaining for TV, but she still made herself seem untrustworthy.

Yoyawnda is such a hypocrite. At the park with Erika and Whineleen she says something about how girlfriends are supposed to keep confidences and not blab.  But wasn't she just scolding the girls for talking behind each others back. Yet it is ok for Erika to do it to LVP.

I think it's implied when people refer to people talking behind their backs that they mean people badmouthing them.  Everyone literally talks behind someone's back whether it's good, bad or indifferent.  In general, we discuss family, friends, co-workers, etc.  I think people are getting caught up in semantics rather than what the actual meaning is when Yolanda uses the phrase.

Erika's blog is up.  What a hypocrite. 

She writes:  The way I see it: Everything you hear is confidential unless someone tells you otherwise. It’s common sense.

But it was ok for you to go back to Yo about the BBQ....

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-why-this-allegiance

I don't see that as hypocritical.  She and Kathryn were having a one-on-one conversation after Kathryn said she could be a friend and be trusted.  Kathryn then went and relayed information for no other reason than to be a trouble-maker.  Erika was with a group of women who knew she is friends with Yolanda and they were gossiping about her and her children.  Any friend worth anything will have loyalty and will let you know if people who are your "friends" are saying things that could cast you in a negative light.  There is a world of difference between Kathryn and Erika relaying information -- it was all in the intent.  Kathryn had no allegiance to anyone at that point in the group

• Love 7

I love TrashTalkTV and Ronnie Karem!

My thinking is that Bambi probably stole a baked potato in similar fashion "for real" in the past and Kyle told the crew about it so they reenacted it for the cameras.    That is why it looked staged, I think.   Still a very cute scene.   

• Love 4

I am positive that there is a massive amount of shit talking that makes up the bulk of Brandi's friendship with Kim (and Kathy). Not just about Kyle, I'm sure they have things to say about the other women, Andy, production in general. But Brandi very much indicated that she got dirt on Kyle from off screen conversations with Kathy and Kim. I'm sure Kim had plenty to say about Kyle supposedly not being there for her. (How would Brandi know for sure that Kyle hasn't been there for Kim at all unless she's hearing that directly from Kim? It's not like Brandi is with Kim all of the time.) Similarly, I absolutely think that Brandi was told during a nasty gossiping session that Mauricio is a thief who fucked over sweet, hard working, and generous Rick Hilton. 

Friends who gossip. What an unforgivable offense. ;-)

Except that until Mauricio sent Brandi a C&D letter, SHE was tweeting things she got from Kim on Kyle/family and that was well after filming/reunion was over, even after she was fired as a full time HW. So YES, Brandi used Kim for info/dirt on Kyle because her hatred of Kyle runs THAT deep. After the C&D letter, she would only tweet about Kim when her "fans/followers" asked about Kim and within a day or 2 of them asking, she would call Kim or meet up with her, then tweet that she "just" spoke to/saw her, otherwise nothing.

Interesting.

I think some of Brandi's friendship with Kim is definitely a power move on Brandi's part. She needed someone to film with and she needed a way to piss off Kyle. However, it did strike me as genuine when Kim mentioned offhandedly that she was relieved when Brandi invited her to a BBQ or to watch her boys play soccer--and those were among what I am assuming are multiple moments that she didn't tweet about. I think she's a dangerous friend for Kim in that Brandi is very much a promoter of the heavy drinking culture, but on the flip side if Kim did have a drink or act sloppy/aggressive I don't think she'd be complaining about being terrorized by Kim Jong Richards two years later. Then again, if Kim pissed her off she'd tell people she had a slip-up as revenge and then renege claiming she's sorry. Basically, Brandi is an unreliable friend to Kim as she is to everyone, but I am in agreement she does have some genuine affection for Kim and accepts that it's not her place to force Kim into sobriety. I also think she knows that Kim's "tell" for having relapsed is insisting she has absolutely NOT relapsed and it ISN'T a struggle...and that there's no reasoning with that and she can accept it or cut Kim out.

Agreed, I don't think Brandi is a girl scout or anything but it looks like Brandi offers her friendship pretty simply. And whatever issues or hiccups that friendship has its because of how Brandi is as a friend and how Kim is as a friend, life situations, events and circumstances. etc. etc. Pretty much like any other friendships out there. Do we get pissed and get back at each other? Some people are vindictive even towards friends, some aren't. Do friends do hurtful things to each other out of being hurt yup so if something in that friendship goes south it's not going to be any big surprise if all of a sudden Brandi has something nasty to say. That's how Brandi handles rejection or whatever. But at the moment Kim and Brandi are friends. Point being I think their friendship is authentic and I think it plays out as randomly as anyone else's friendships theirs just has more juicy shit going on on the sidelines with them and they are reality show personalities/celebrities so it's just more visible and hyped. The conflict between friend and sister? That sort of scenario has been going on since the dawn of time.

• Love 3

Season 2 wasn't a gang up on lisa v. It was just adrienne vs. Lvp....with brandi going hard core after Taylor at that reunion.

Season 3 reunion was a fairly even pile up on kyle..with kim only on kyles side..I think Taylor playing Switzerland and adrienne a no show.

Season 4 reunion felt more like a gang up on joyce...with yolanda, brandi and carelton going after her..with no support from the other ladies. She handled herself well. LVP at least had joyce and Carleton backing her up at that reunion.

• Love 6
(edited)
Any friend worth anything will have loyalty and will let you know if people who are your "friends" are saying things that could cast you in a negative light.

I'm sure that's the way she sees it, but that's subjective. I mean, I don't see how Erika wasn't also trying to cause trouble. What she heard at the table was Lisa giving the surprising info that her friend Mohammed has said that only Yolanda has Lyme, which contradicts the thing Kyle just repeated from Yolanda (and obviously there should be nothing wrong with Kyle repeating that the kids are sick, as per Yolanda). She didn't speak up and say, "No, they really are sick" or "I think he just didn't want to talk about it" or whatever. She didn't leap to Yolanda's defense the way Yolanda claims her friends are supposed to do. Instead she ran to Yolanda and gave a version of events that made Lisa and Kyle sound like they were talking about how Yolanda was lying about the kids.

Sure what Lisa said *could* cast Yolanda in a negative light, but it takes another step to get from "I'm getting conflicting stories" to "Yolanda's lying." Erika turned it into a story about Lisa and Kyle intentionally casting her in a negative light. (I know many would believe they were intending to do that in a roundabout way, but what they said was easily corrected without Yolanda looking bad.) She didn't even tell her friend that her ex-husband was putting out false information, just made it sound like Lisa was doubting Yolanda to doubt Yolanda. 

That sounds just as intentionally trying to start trouble as Kathryn to me.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 9
(edited)

But for the show I don't think Kim and Brandi would have  ever been friends. I believe Kyle's fears is that eventually Brandi will use some of Kim's comments not against Kyle but ultimately against Kim.  Which if Kim still had half a brain she would realize that Brandi was very patronizing towards Kim.  Kim, when she was writing blogs, would address some of Brandi's comments.   The only difference in the Kim and Brandi relationship-is Kim would listen to Brandi and forgive her.  Kim will not listen to anyone else let alone forgive them.  When Brandi said Kim had no friends, Kim went on to list her friends in her blog.

Brandi did not need Kim to put out the Mauricio/Rick rumors.  She used her friendship with Kim to make it sound as if she had the inside track.  After all her months and years of being on and off with JR, I do think her inserting herself into that family squabble was the nail in the coffin to that relationship.  I believe what Kyle feared most on behalf of her sister is that Kim would reveal something about herself (Chad springs to mind) and Kim would not be able to put the Genie back in the bottle. 

This is the best example I can come up with-when Kyle was talking to Bethenny and Bethenny was talking about Big Kathy, the mayonnaise jar full of diamonds.  Kyle appreciated the memory and in fact showed a ring from the mayo collection.  With Kim and Brandi, I believe it takes on a different light it becomes, the diamonds Kim bought her mother with the money she made as a child actress and Kyle helping herself to the diamonds when Big Kathy promised them all to Kim.  I need to emphasize we saw none of this and I am not claiming this ever happened.  Past behavior has indicated Kim will never get enough credit for her acting career.  It is just that unraveling the Kim assertions involves both painting Kim as a liar and discussing family business.  It is always a lose/lose situation for Kyle because to correct Kim's account essentially means calling her sister a liar and having to cleanse her mother's memory-again.  I guess my point is not that they are deep secrets Kim is revealing but more the spin Kim puts on the story.  It would seem to me if Brandi wanted to speak about Mauricio and his business practices she would have had an inside track with JR.  She chose the Kim spin to try and discredit Mauricio. 

Another reason I think the Kim and Brandi friendship is fake.  Brandi claims she would never had a friend that was unfaithful in a marriage.  She dropped a friend for being with a married man.  In both of Kim's marriage she cheated and left her husbands for another man.  I think these are the secrets that maybe Kyle was worried Kim would go into too much detail about.  For many years Kim believed her ex-husband Gregg and perhaps his father Marvin Davis were responsible for the murder of her boyfriend John Collette.  I am guessing perhaps Kyle does not want Kim giving a loose cannon like Brandi any up close and personal details about things such as this.  Kathy Hilton is BFFs with Gregg's sisters.  I don't think it was all really about Kim's perception (secrets) about Kyle and her family.

I do agree that Kyle was worried about Family secrets most of all but I disagree that Brandi got Mauricio business info from JR. I don't think he would be that stupid and doesn't he still work at The Agency? I also think Brandi is smart enough to not reveal anything negative about Kathy or her family, at least for now. But, Yes, she would spill twisted stories about their mother, Kim AND Kyle if she, Brandi, got the chance.

ETA, I don't think Brandi likes Kim in real life either BUT I think Kim does believe that Brandi IS her friend and Kyle knows this and is worried about Kim getting hurt when Brandi decides to drop her.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

Yes, the show is in front of a camera crew and will eventually be seen, however, the premise of a reality show is that we are supposed to be seeing slices of these people's live.  Whether or not what Erika said would eventually be seen doesn't negate the fact that Kathryn said she would be Erika's friend, said she could be trusted and then went and betrayed Erika at the first opportunity.  She relayed the whole conversation just to stir shit.  Who knows; perhaps by the time it aired, Erika and Lisa V would have become friends and Erika would have had the chance to say she felt one way before really getting to know Lisa.  Because Kathryn went and blabbed, it caused unnecessary issues.  Sure, it's entertaining for TV, but she still made herself seem untrustworthy.

I think it's implied when people refer to people talking behind their backs that they mean people badmouthing them.  Everyone literally talks behind someone's back whether it's good, bad or indifferent.  In general, we discuss family, friends, co-workers, etc.  I think people are getting caught up in semantics rather than what the actual meaning is when Yolanda uses the phrase.

I don't see that as hypocritical.  She and Kathryn were having a one-on-one conversation after Kathryn said she could be a friend and be trusted.  Kathryn then went and relayed information for no other reason than to be a trouble-maker.  Erika was with a group of women who knew she is friends with Yolanda and they were gossiping about her and her children.  Any friend worth anything will have loyalty and will let you know if people who are your "friends" are saying things that could cast you in a negative light.  There is a world of difference between Kathryn and Erika relaying information -- it was all in the intent.  Kathryn had no allegiance to anyone at that point in the group

Erika DID know that Kathryn liked LisaV before she made the sniper comment yet chose to make it anyway in order to influence Kathryn to her line of thinking.

• Love 4

ETA, I don't think Brandi likes Kim in real life either BUT I think Kim does believe that Brandi IS her friend and Kyle knows this and is worried about Kim getting hurt when Brandi decides to drop her.

I just think friendships are risky due to a variety of factors. Unfortunately there are a lot of very sensitive factors surrounding Brandi and Kims but at the end of the day whaddaya gonna do? It is what it is and these are grown woman we are talking about. Woman with questionable judgement but grown women nonetheless. I find it fascinating that "worrying about Kim" is acceptable when trying to protect her from Brandi and Brandi spilling family secrets but other than that Kim is a grown woman who should be accountable for her own bad decisions and actions. Well her decision is to be friends with Brandi. Her actions are to entertain interactions with Brandi. Kyle has decided to keep her distance so there it is. Out of everything going on with Kim and her troubles I think this is something that isn't even worth Kyle adding to the pile.

Erika DID know that Kathryn liked LisaV before she made the sniper comment yet chose to make it anyway in order to influence Kathryn to her line of thinking.

But the rest of the post outlined the very different tones of conversations happening when information was being shared. I don't think that point should be lost.

Repeating what was being said in a group conversation of women having "tea" and not really worrying about what they are sharing around other women is different that two women having a more intimate discussion. Tone and context change etc. The differences between the two are rather obvious, at least to me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just think friendships are risky due to a variety of factors. Unfortunately there are a lot of very sensitive factors surrounding Brandi and Kims but at the end of the day whaddaya gonna do? It is what it is and these are grown woman we are talking about. Woman with questionable judgement but grown women nonetheless. I find it fascinating that "worrying about Kim" is acceptable when trying to protect her from Brandi and Brandi spilling family secrets but other than that Kim is a grown woman who should be accountable for her own bad decisions and actions. Well her decision is to be friends with Brandi. Her actions are to entertain interactions with Brandi. Kyle has decided to keep her distance so there it is. Out of everything going on with Kim and her troubles I think this is something that isn't even worth Kyle adding to the pile.

But the rest of the post outlined the very different tones of conversations happening when information was being shared. I don't think that point should be lost.

Repeating what was being said in a group conversation of women having "tea" and not really worrying about what they are sharing around other women is different that two women having a more intimate discussion. Tone and context change etc. The differences between the two are rather obvious, at least to me.

I agree that there is NOTHING Kyle can or even should do about Kim/Brandi's friendship at this point, well, that is other than be prepared for the fall out when Brandi no longer has a use for Kim and that will happen sooner or later IMO.

I don't have a problem with Kathryn telling Lisa what Erika said about her and she did down play what Erika said to her IMO. I DO think she should have told her in private though, not in front of the other women but I doubt the producers wanted that to happen. As for the "tone" of the conversation before Erika said that about Lisa was that Kathryn told Erika that she thought Lisa was "sweet" and THERE was Erika's clue in neon that Kathryn LIKES Lisa and for her, Erika, to NOT go there and according to Kathryn's blog, that was when she decided she didn't want to be a close girlfriend with Erika. To be honest, it would make me question whether or not I would want to be friends with her either. She is all sweet to Lisa's face then goes behind her back and accuses of her of some really questionable traits, sniper from the side is NOT a compliment,  and she says she based her reason for that being Lisa questioning Eileen and nothing more even though SHE didn't witness it.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
Erika is a total airhead...

She was in this episode, at least.

"Lisa asked me how long I've known Yolanda. She's so manipulative."

"Kathryn asked me how long I've known Yolanda. Lisa is so manipulative."

Erika needs to stop huffing Yo's Lyme farts.

Whenever I see Bambi, my estimation of Kyle ticks up several notches.

Same here. But, then she trots out that depraved shitstain Resnick, and the notches drop.

She, Taylor and I forget who else, all crouched down in a corner and ridiculed her for showing up in high heels with crutches.

That would be TMCFR.

• Love 9
(edited)
She is all sweet to Lisa's face then goes behind her back and accuses of her of some really questionable traits, sniper from the side is NOT a compliment,

Sounds like Erika is the sniper from the side.  She talks big behind people's backs, but doesn't address any of it to the person themselves.

I got the feeling from the things Kathryn was saying, that she doesn't see her mother all that much. Especially judging from her sisters' expressions when she made that lame comment. Looks like all the burden of care is on them and she is living in a fool's paradise.

All three sisters seem to live in SoCal, and was there a fourth sister as well?  If I heard that correctly, I suspect the fourth sister is the one in Wisconsin with mom, while the other three call her and visit, probably not often enough.

If I misheard and there isn't a fourth sister, then all of them are living over 2000 miles away from mom with dementia...not good.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

LVP's blog is up. She is understandably hurt by what Erika said about her. Considering they had just had a nice dinner with their spouses, she had every reason to be surprised by what Erika said.

She also defends Kathryn telling her what Erika said. She thinks that Kathryn was looking out for her and giving her a heads up. For fuck sake, don't these chicks ever learn anything? This is like S2 all over again. Kathryn is doing exactly what Brandi did - coming to her with the inside scoop about another HW talking smack about her. LVP has said that she looks back on that now and realizes that Brandi was just trying to get close to her, and my guess is that Kathryn is doing exactly the same damn thing. If Kathryn has watched the show at all, she knows that LVP craves loyalty more than any other thing. The problem with this is that once someone shows that they are willing to betray a confidence once, they will do it again. LVP can be as happy as she wants about Kathryn divulging something private as long as it benefits her, but it is hypocritical to then be pissed when the divulging ends up hurting her. You cannot have it both ways.  God, how disappointing. 

• Love 5

Sounds like Erika is the sniper from the side.  She talks big behind people's backs, but doesn't address any of it to the person themselves.

All three sisters seem to live in SoCal, and was there a fourth sister as well?  If I heard that correctly, I suspect the fourth sister is the one in Wisconsin with mom, while the other three call her and visit, probably not often enough.

If I misheard and there isn't a fourth sister, then all of them are living over 2000 miles away from mom with dementia...not good.

There is a brother, not a 4th sister and they didn't say where he was living. IMO, in most, although NOT all, families, the care of the elderly parents tend to fall on the daughter(s) than on the son.

LVP's blog is up. She is understandably hurt by what Erika said about her. Considering they had just had a nice dinner with their spouses, she had every reason to be surprised by what Erika said.

She also defends Kathryn telling her what Erika said. She thinks that Kathryn was looking out for her and giving her a heads up. For fuck sake, don't these chicks ever learn anything? This is like S2 all over again. Kathryn is doing exactly what Brandi did - coming to her with the inside scoop about another HW talking smack about her. LVP has said that she looks back on that now and realizes that Brandi was just trying to get close to her, and my guess is that Kathryn is doing exactly the same damn thing. If Kathryn has watched the show at all, she knows that LVP craves loyalty more than any other thing. The problem with this is that once someone shows that they are willing to betray a confidence once, they will do it again. LVP can be as happy as she wants about Kathryn divulging something private as long as it benefits her, but it is hypocritical to then be pissed when the divulging ends up hurting her. You cannot have it both ways.  God, how disappointing. 

Lets hope that Kathryn is nothing like Brandi, for everyone's sake! IMO, Erika is more Brandi like, except that Erika has tons of money and no drinking problem. LOL Oh, and Lisa is not the only one that craves "loyalty", Yolanda does as well, if not more than Lisa.

• Love 6

Are some of you saying that you never talk about relatives, associates and even other social "friends" to some of the people you trust?  I know that I have friends who I will complain to or let them know about situations going on with other people in my life.  Because I trust these people and they trust me, it's understood that what we say is to stay between us.

Knowing that Kathryn likes Lisa V is different than Kathryn being a friend of Lisa's and having any sort of loyalty.  She met all of these women at the same time (except for Lisa R).  Erika also said she likes Lisa.  People are complex; it doesn't have to be love everything about a person or hate the person.  There are things I like about certain people and things I don't like.  Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and sometimes the bad outweighs the good.  Kathryn was asked what she thought about Lisa V.  If she had such a strong allegiance at that point, she could have stopped Erika right there.  They are grown women in their 40's; no one should be able to influence someone else by stating their personal opinion of someone.  Kathryn is duplicitous.  Even if Kathryn was a friend to Lisa V at that point, she could have taken Lisa to the side and told her.  Instead, she misquoted Erika in front of a group of women and disclosed other information that had nothing to do with Lisa after Erika opened up to her.

• Love 4

I agree that there is NOTHING Kyle can or even should do about Kim/Brandi's friendship at this point, well, that is other than be prepared for the fall out when Brandi no longer has a use for Kim and that will happen sooner or later IMO.

I don't have a problem with Kathryn telling Lisa what Erika said about her and she did down play what Erika said to her IMO. I DO think she should have told her in private though, not in front of the other women but I doubt the producers wanted that to happen. As for the "tone" of the conversation before Erika said that about Lisa was that Kathryn told Erika that she thought Lisa was "sweet" and THERE was Erika's clue in neon that Kathryn LIKES Lisa and for her, Erika, to NOT go there and according to Kathryn's blog, that was when she decided she didn't want to be a close girlfriend with Erika. To be honest, it would make me question whether or not I would want to be friends with her either. She is all sweet to Lisa's face then goes behind her back and accuses of her of some really questionable traits, sniper from the side is NOT a compliment,  and she says she based her reason for that being Lisa questioning Eileen and nothing more even though SHE didn't witness it.

I don't think she should be prepared. She shouldn't get involved at all. Kim is on her own and Kyle should continue to have a normal adult relationship npt a parental or protector or a judge Just a clean slate where Kim is Kim and they have a relationship where the get together with family on special occasions and holidays and proper boundaries are in place. Nothing is expected of either of them besides kindness.

• Love 4

Knowing that Kathryn likes Lisa V is different than Kathryn being a friend of Lisa's and having any sort of loyalty.  She met all of these women at the same time (except for Lisa R).  Erika also said she likes Lisa.  People are complex; it doesn't have to be love everything about a person or hate the person.  There are things I like about certain people and things I don't like.  Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and sometimes the bad outweighs the good.  Kathryn was asked what she thought about Lisa V.  If she had such a strong allegiance at that point, she could have stopped Erika right there.  They are grown women in their 40's; no one should be able to influence someone else by stating their personal opinion of someone.  Kathryn is duplicitous.  Even if Kathryn was a friend to Lisa V at that point, she could have taken Lisa to the side and told her.  Instead, she misquoted Erika in front of a group of women and disclosed other information that had nothing to do with Lisa after Erika opened up to her.

This 100%

If Kathryn felt some sort of quick bond with LVP, and the felt the need to protect her, the time to do that was when Erika was spewing crap about her. That would have been the loyal thing to do. It's easy as shit to sit around and listen to someone badmouth another person, then go and tattle later on. it's much harder to stand up for what you think is right at the time. If she had zero problem with Erika saying such things about LVP at the time, she should have kept her mouth shut. It was wrong for her to give Erika the feeling that she was different from the other women that Erika has known, the ones she said clearly she couldn't trust. The gal is trusting you with something and you immediately go out and betray her. Honestly, it stinks to high heaven.  Not that I particularly like Erika at all - I do think she is just another version of Brandi - but Kathryn was all kinds of wrong here. 

• Love 4

Are some of you saying that you never talk about relatives, associates and even other social "friends" to some of the people you trust?  I know that I have friends who I will complain to or let them know about situations going on with other people in my life.  Because I trust these people and they trust me, it's understood that what we say is to stay between us.

Erika asked what Kathryn thought about Lisa and she replied that she "thought Lisa is sweet" and then Erika immediately went into the sniper from the side comment. How was Kathryn to know what Erika would say BEFORE she said it to stop her before she said it? LOL Yes, BOTH Erika and Kathryn just met these women and goes for Erika believing Eileen over Lisa in a conversation she was NOT present at, yet she did AND she based her feeling about Lisa on THAT conversation according to her own TH. LOL

I agree, Kathryn SHOULD have told Lisa in a private conversation but that isn't how the show works and they all, even the newbies, know this. IMO, how Kathryn phrased what Erika said about Lisa was nicer than what Erika actually said and it amounted to the same meaning, that Lisa was NOT a nice or trustworthy person.  

I don't think she should be prepared. She shouldn't get involved at all. Kim is on her own and Kyle should continue to have a normal adult relationship npt a parental or protector or a judge Just a clean slate where Kim is Kim and they have a relationship where the get together with family on special occasions and holidays and proper boundaries are in place. Nothing is expected of either of them besides kindness.

Prepared in that it will hurt Kim badly and she will need support to get over the betrayal and that Kyle doesn't say to Kim "I tried to warn you" but just be there for Kim as a sister.

• Love 5

This will be a one and done for Katherine, people are ripping her and she was begging them to stop on Insta. So much for the tough act she put on, you really have to have thick(very moisturized skin) to make it as a HW

• Love 7

This will be a one and done for Katherine, people are ripping her and she was begging them to stop on Insta. So much for the tough act she put on, you really have to have thick(very moisturized skin) to make it as a HW

That is always possible. IMO, she was brought on to replace that 1 friend of Yolanda's that we saw her with in the beginning of the season AND for her OJ connection. Eileen is also getting ripped apart on twitter and has started to block people left and right. LOL

• Love 4

LOOOOVVVEEEEEE THIS! My sentiments exactly!

This 100%

If Kathryn felt some sort of quick bond with LVP, and the felt the need to protect her, the time to do that was when Erika was spewing crap about her. That would have been the loyal thing to do. It's easy as shit to sit around and listen to someone badmouth another person, then go and tattle later on. it's much harder to stand up for what you think is right at the time. If she had zero problem with Erika saying such things about LVP at the time, she should have kept her mouth shut. It was wrong for her to give Erika the feeling that she was different from the other women that Erika has known, the ones she said clearly she couldn't trust. The gal is trusting you with something and you immediately go out and betray her. Honestly, it stinks to high heaven.  Not that I particularly like Erika at all - I do think she is just another version of Brandi - but Kathryn was all kinds of wrong here. 

HERE, HERE!

• Love 4

I think she is a one and done, mainly because she brings nothing and isn't likable.  If Lisa wraps her arms around her and defends her and seems to love her, that might make a difference.  Of course, it couldn't save Joyce. 

• Love 4

Omg. I think most of us agree that yo yo has something very wrong with her (I'm going with Munchausens, narcissistic personality disorder and general bitchery) the bigger question for me is why do TPTB at Bravo think we want to watch a aging whining ex model go on and on about her convoluted medical history? this is not good tv. she doesn't even have the fridge or house anymore.

And btw - so sorry you've gone to the dark side Eileen. Not a smart move, and it looks like Rinnas right behind you.

• Love 18
(edited)

How was Kathryn to know what Erika would say BEFORE she said it to stop her before she said it?

But once she was aware what Erika's sentiment was and apparently didn't agree with it she could have countered with with her own opinion and continued to say what she initially was going to say. She didn't necessarily have to keep Erika from saying it but if she was so "loyal" to LVP at that time then it's curious why she didn't even utter not one word to the contrary about what she believed LVP is about once she realized what Erika was expressing? Besides Kathryn isn't even claiming that was her reasoning anyway. Her very mature explanation of what happened pretty much amounted to "you expected it not to be repeated? Um that's on you". 

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 5

I have to agree with Kathryn on that, though.  Erika went on and on about LVP in front of the cameras, so all this hoo-ha about her revealing something that Erika thought was said in confidence is laughable.  If Erika had some expectation of privacy...lol, I'm not buying that bridge she's trying to sell.

Erika might not have expected LVP to hear about it BEFORE the season aired, but she knew LVP would certainly hear her expounding at great length about her beliefs about LVP.   But since Erika prides herself on being a straight-shooter (also laughable), why should she mind if someone tells LVP what Erika said about her?  Oh, yeah, because Erika doesn't actually say things to people to their face, just behind their backs and in THs, and when confronted, she lies, "I didn't tell Yolanda y'all were talking about the non-Gigi's fake Lyme!"

• Love 14

I have to agree with Kathryn on that, though.  Erika went on and on about LVP in front of the cameras, so all this hoo-ha about her revealing something that Erika thought was said in confidence is laughable.  If Erika had some expectation of privacy...lol, I'm not buying that bridge she's trying to sell.

Erika might not have expected LVP to hear about it BEFORE the season aired, but she knew LVP would certainly hear her expounding at great length about her beliefs about LVP.   But since Erika prides herself on being a straight-shooter (also laughable), why should she mind if someone tells LVP what Erika said about her?  Oh, yeah, because Erika doesn't actually say things to people to their face, just behind their backs and in THs, and when confronted, she lies, "I didn't tell Yolanda y'all were talking about the non-Gigi's fake Lyme!"

I don't care for Erika at this point for a variety of reasons, the most recent being her whole "I just never get along with women" speech. I just hate women who think like this, especially when they say it has something to do with women not liking them because they are pretty. Please. Try having a disability, being butt-ugly, or God forbid fat and see how people treat you. Being pretty isn't such a huge burden and many find a way to have friends of the female variety despite being cursed with beauty. 

I still think she had an expectation of a private conversation, even if we all know about the 4th wall. How can we ever watch the show and judge anything if we are always thinking about the camera? Sometimes people are going to parse their words because of the camera, have to arrange seating to accommodate cameras in their homes because of the camera crews, be nervous and misspeak at times because of the cameras. They are going to have to arrange parties and events at venues that will allow cameras. We still judge away, even while we understand in the most basic way that accommodations have been made because of the cameras. We are supposed to pretend they are not there, and judge their behavior in the minute as if they are not there. IMO the fact that there were cameras doesn't negate the fact that Kathryn was an asshole for spilling the beans, and she should be judged solely as a person who was told something in private and repeated it later to a group. Obviously LVP was going to see it later, understand what was said about her, and judge Erika as she should.  All of which makes Kathryn's desire to fill her in even more suspect IMO. She is trying to get on LVP's good side, and doesn't mind throwing Erika under the bus to make this happen. Seen it all before but with a different blonde trying to get in LVP's good graces.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't care for Erika at this point for a variety of reasons, the most recent being her whole "I just never get along with women" speech. I just hate women who think like this, especially when they say it has something to do with women not liking them because they are pretty. Please. Try having a disability, being butt-ugly, or God forbid fat and see how people treat you. Being pretty isn't such a huge burden and many find a way to have friends of the female variety despite being cursed with beauty. 

I still think she had an expectation of a private conversation, even if we all know about the 4th wall. How can we ever watch the show and judge anything if we are always thinking about the camera? Sometimes people are going to parse their words because of the camera, have to arrange seating to accommodate cameras in their homes because of the camera crews, be nervous and misspeak at times because of the cameras. They are going to have to arrange parties and events at venues that will allow cameras. We still judge away, even while we understand in the most basic way that accommodations have been made because of the cameras. We are supposed to pretend they are not there, and judge their behavior in the minute as if they are not there. IMO the fact that there were cameras doesn't negate the fact that Kathryn was an asshole for spilling the beans, and she should be judged solely as a person who was told something in private and repeated it later to a group. Obviously LVP was going to see it later, understand what was said about her, and judge Erika as she should.  All of which makes Kathryn's desire to fill her in even more suspect IMO. She is trying to get on LVP's good side, and doesn't mind throwing Erika under the bus to make this happen. Seen it all before but with a different blonde trying to get in LVP's good graces.  

Exactly this! It's becoming a running theme that everything we see from these women are behaviors that ALWAYS take the camera and the "reality game" into account. Now I get making those assumptions when it comes to production influence or with them being guarded, or clumsy or nervous or misspeaking. All these little things can happen with the ladies because in certain moments they may be extra aware of the camera but the show is about them trying to forget that the cameras are there and give us somewhat genuine moments. I think for the most part that's what happens and then when we have the more experienced ones we see how they "adjust" after awhile. I personally think it's completely impossible for these women to be as calculated as that all the time that it affects each and every interaction they have while the cameras are rolling. Most people just don't process things that fast (hence the reasoning being Yolanda's after the fact email to Kyle).  Here and there and during certain instances sure, maybe but the level of assertion and "knowing behavior" that is assigned to them just seems very unlikely, hardly believable and overly dispensed.  They are after all living in the moment no matter how aware they try to be of their surroundings, cast mates, cameras and agendas. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

What are the diamonds in the mayo jar?
  • Love 1

I believe it was that Boz Scaggs song from Urban Cowboy.

Bambi for the win!

One scene sticks out. It was the time Lisa was discussing the rumors about Mauricio cheating with Ken. I am sure there are other scenes.

Bocelli is so damn amazing.

It's "funny" that she discusses those rumors, because there are rumors that her husband goes off with 20 year olds when he leaves a filming and she's still there.

For that matter, there's another blind item about how Kim sucks from a flask between filming takes, so she's really not sober.

It's "funny" that she discusses those rumors, because there are rumors that her husband goes off with 20 year olds when he leaves a filming and she's still there.

For that matter, there's another blind item about how Kim sucks from a flask between filming takes, so she's really not sober.

There WERE rumors of both Ken AND Lisa cheating on each other early, like season 2 AND Lisa did address it and that was it. Nothing more came of it because she had her say, in fact she brought it up ON camera herself, dealt with (basically said it was BS) and moved on. She did NOT harp on it at all.  

• Love 7

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but I'm not liking this season at all.  Nothing these women are saying or doing is interesting.  I don't care about Yo's "illness" or lack thereof and I wasn't happy to see Kim,

• Love 8

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but I'm not liking this season at all.  Nothing these women are saying or doing is interesting.  I don't care about Yo's "illness" or lack thereof and I wasn't happy to see Kim,

IMO, the season has been rather disjointed, off balance.

• Love 3

Sorry to be in the dark, but what does TH stand for that many of you refer to? I know its their private interviews right?

Also - if nobody has mentioned upthread - Kim is on a mother/daughter reality show that aired yesterday...also has courtney stodden and her mom ...man she is almost unrecognizable now she has had even more work done. She looked better on Couples therapy last year ....

TH stands for "Talking Head", those scenes where each HW says their take with no one else around. The Mother/Daughter show follows the BH show on Tuesday nights, just on a different channel/network. LOL

• Love 2

I wonder if the reason Erica doesn't have any women friends now and claims she had no female friends in school was because of her own attitude and opinions voiced and unvoiced and not what anyone did to her.

I can just see the Erica, Katherine, LVP scenario happening before in school. Erica starts to make acquaintances eventually she starts blabbing to someone about what she thinks of others and the other person not only backs off but warns others because she hasn't experienced this. Erica's bitchiness and cattiness may have been what excluded her.

• Love 11

Mr. Renatae's aunt had a very naughty black lab who was notorious for stealing food. He really brought wrath down on himself when at a large family gathering for Thanksgiving, he stole the roast right from the middle of the dining room table. He did this before any guests were seated, so not many knew about it. Apparently auntie just wiped off the roast and served it. I'm very glad I was not there.

Our little sweetheart peke-a-poo was just too small to be able to get anything that wasn't dropped on the floor. But, you had to be quick to retrieve it! She followed me all over the kitchen all the time. What she could do was shred napkins, kleenex, paper towels, etc., and we had a harder time keeping those out of her reach since they were often dropped or left on low tables. It was only in her very advanced age that she figured out she could reach up on the side table in the family room and steal food my husband left on his snack plates. It took us a while to figure out she was doing it, since she would wait until he got up to do something and would only do it if no one else was in the room.

• Love 7

Kyle and the dog pissed me off. I must be the only one who didn't think the dog stealing food was cute. The dog is cute, the food stealing isn't.

If she knows she has a dog that steals food, a responsible pet owner would make sure that food is put of the dog's reach. The dog could eat something that could kill it. Sorry but I don't think that's cute at all.

My rescue dog is a major food stealer. They told me that at the reacue so I make extra efforts to make sure that she never gets the chance to steal food. It's not hard at all to keep human food out of a dog's reach.

It's dangerous and I think her allowing it to keep happening makes her a bad pet owner.

I don't think Kyle is a bad pet owner because her dog snatched (fetched) a potato. Haven't heard of families that gather around a table with food for dinners not have at least a few 'cant believe the dog got away with part of dinner' stories. When the masters are distracted they sneak. I did notice the dog didn't run away with it, he stopped at Kyle when she commanded he do so. He even let her put her hand in his mouth to grab it, which showed he has obedient nature with her, which is learned by training. Appears to me production put it on a plate and likely told him to fetch (no other plates had potatoes on them and Kyle at first thought it was a roll). jmo. kudos for rescuing your dog. 

• Love 11

How many dogs does Kyle have?

She has the German Shepard, the retriver, the yorkie and another white fluffy one, who else?

I can't imagine keeping track of all those dogs.....

And how do they manage to take all of them for exercise???

Same with LVP...who has a large staff..

• Love 2

Exactly this! It's becoming a running theme that everything we see from these women are behaviors that ALWAYS take the camera and the "reality game" into account. Now I get making those assumptions when it comes to production influence or with them being guarded, or clumsy or nervous or misspeaking. All these little things can happen with the ladies because in certain moments they may be extra aware of the camera but the show is about them trying to forget that the cameras are there and give us somewhat genuine moments. I think for the most part that's what happens and then when we have the more experienced ones we see how they "adjust" after awhile. I personally think it's completely impossible for these women to be as calculated as that all the time that it affects each and every interaction they have while the cameras are rolling. Most people just don't process things that fast (hence the reasoning being Yolanda's after the fact email to Kyle).  Here and there and during certain instances sure, maybe but the level of assertion and "knowing behavior" that is assigned to them just seems very unlikely, hardly believable and overly dispensed.  They are after all living in the moment no matter how aware they try to be of their surroundings, cast mates, cameras and agendas.

Maybe forgetting the cameras are there during the gossip but remembering after and fearing the consequences is the reason Kathryn flipped on Erika. In the moment, it was just chatter about new acquaintances, but the realization that Lisa would see and hear all that and that Lisa carries grudges more than she does Giggy caused Kathryn to think where her bread was most likely buttered and runtellthat. For that matter, the same could explain Erika tattling to Yolanda. I'm guessing that calculating alliances and Machiavellic scheming take up a not inconsiderable amount of all of these women's time after this many seasons of the show. And some of them have not much else going on in their lives to distract them from it.

• Love 4

There WERE rumors of both Ken AND Lisa cheating on each other early, like season 2 AND Lisa did address it and that was it. Nothing more came of it because she had her say, in fact she brought it up ON camera herself, dealt with (basically said it was BS) and moved on. She did NOT harp on it at all.  

This is much more recent, either this year or late last year.

• Love 1

I have to say I was on the same base as you regarding Kathryn tattling on Erika.  They hardly knew each other, most of Kathryn's experience with Erika up until that time had been quite negative.  First there was the denying she told Yolanda nonsense, then there was the screaming at Rinna to reveal her source and of course the tasteless display of her talent, the abridged version of Kathryn's father's suicide.  I guess the same could be said of Kathryn, her tasteless and untimely confrontation of Faye Resnick  (tasteless in that she had waited 22 years and waited for a dinner party).  So at this point it just seemed like more of the RHOBH formula pitting the new women against each other  (Brandi vs. Dana and Joyce vs. Carlton) Then Kathryn writes a blog saying she should not have repeated.  Well so much for values.  Kathryn seems to take the easy way out.  What was LVP's line a few years ago, ""it wasn't the words of my enemies but the silence of my friends,"  seems Kathryn picked the wrong time to stand silent and now regrets her attempts to make up for it.

• Love 4

Dumbass Brandi brought it up as an example of outrageous rumors in Amsterdam.  However, her examples weren't too far off when it came to she and Kim.  LVP wrote about her outrage in her blog of Brandi accusing her of being unfaithful.  Same with Brandi claiming Kyle said LVP was having an affair with her trainer.  LVP's response was short and to the point-she doesn't have a trainer.  As to Kyle being the source, it was quickly dismissed because it became apparent Brandi did not like the fact all was forgiven between Kyle and LVP.  In short there were two sources-Cedric as to Ken and Brandi as to LVP.

• Love 7

Oh, you mean the 'trainer" rumor BRANDI started ON camera last season? LOL That was Brandi and ONLY Brandi, and Lisa dealt with it head on, ON camera right away. Heck, even Brandi's favorite go to rag mag didn't believe her and run with that lie. LOL

• Love 5

Just a thought ... Has Kyle considered putting her dogs outside during meals? I mean it's not rocket science.

Do Mohammed (major fug) and Gene Simmons frequent the same wig salon?

I once had a black cat. She was the most docile, sweet, almost shy little fur baby.  Many, many years ago, I was dating a guy and we both had Swedish roots on the maternal branches of the family tree. So, keeping with my family's tradition, around Christmas time, I invited him and his widowed mother over for a Swedish dinner. I really had no experience in that, but I borrowed my mother's Swedish cookbook and forged ahead. One of the items I served was herring in white sauce. My date's mother was a very fussy, high-strung, pearl-clutching type. Anyway, right in the midst of dinner, the cat leaped onto the middle of the table to snag some herring. The table was absolutely full with dinner plates, serving dishes, decorations and lighted candles. I was shocked that the cat didn't miss a single thing and nothing was spilled. Amazing! Ha! Ha! The old hag nearly had a stroke on the spot and from that day forward, whenever I saw her (which wasn't for much longer, as I broke up with her son) she had to bring up that "horrible cat," "I was scared to death."

My cat got an extra helping of treats that night.

P.S.: The dinner was amazing!

• Love 10

How long has Yolanda lived in the U.S. anyway? Half the time she manages to sound like she just landed at Ellis Island.

I think the term that she and Erika were struggling with was starting gate?

Anybody?

• Love 7

How long has Yolanda lived in the U.S. anyway? Half the time she manages to sound like she just landed at Ellis Island.

I think the term that she and Erika were struggling with was starting gate?

Anybody?

It is called a starting gate.  Yolanda and Erika mutually ignorant admiration society.  In human sprint races  is sometime called "blocks" .  I can't think of it being called anything other than starting gates for horses.

• Love 3
(edited)

There was another blind item that came and sang a song for the group?

Amazing Grace was apropo for the group. It's amazing any of them have grace, after some of the shit they pull....

TH stands for "Talking Head", those scenes where each HW says their take with no one else around. The Mother/Daughter show follows the BH show on Tuesday nights, just on a different channel/network. LOL

Or he Great band that was led by David Bryne.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2