Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: New Challenges

• Start Topic

(edited)

Will: I love this place. What kind?

That kid doesn't give a shit. He's going to love everything. No. Matter. What.

His happiness is contagious, as cliche as that sounds.

Jen had on an amazing pair of glasses.

I love how Zoey is mesmerized by princesses.

"Could we have done better?" Hah.

I love Bill's sense of humor. Love.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 7

Will: I love this place. What kind?

That kid doesn't give a shit. He's going to love everything. No. Matter. What.

His happiness is contagious, as cliche as that sounds.

Jen had on an amazing pair of glasses.

I love how Zoey is mesmerized by princesses.

"Could we have done better?" Hah.

I love Bill's sense of humor. Love.

I wholeheartedly second everything you said. I don't remember the "Could we have done better?" statement. Who's said it and what was it in reference to?
  • Love 1

I loved the lighted lantern show. I was so jealous. I could have watched an hour of that.

I don't mean this snarky or to be mean but when Will was allowed to be included in the final Bollywood dance, he was in Zoe's way. That said, I love Will. He is the most enthusiastic kid I've ever seen.

• Love 4

My opinion only but can't they let Zoey do something just for her?  Why did Will have to be the only little boy in that dance class? Did she barge in on his chinese class? No. It just bugged me. Aside from that, watching Zoey jumping around and shaking her booty in that class was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

• Love 13

I loved the lighted lantern show. I was so jealous. I could have watched an hour of that.

I don't mean this snarky or to be mean but when Will was allowed to be included in the final Bollywood dance, he was in Zoe's way. That said, I love Will. He is the most enthusiastic kid I've ever seen.

I agree. I wish Zoey could have one thing to herself.

I could watch the Zoey show all day long.

My opinion only but can't they let Zoey do something just for her?  Why did Will have to be the only little boy in that dance class? Did she barge in on his chinese class? No. It just bugged me. Aside from that, watching Zoey jumping around and shaking her booty in that class was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

100 percent to every word.

• Love 5

I go to the lantern festival here in Dallas and it is just amazing. So beautiful. I was interested in the piano teaching. I never took piano and I've never seen piano lessons on kids that young. I was trying to follow the jellyfish thing, but that seemed odd to me. I thought the stars made a bit more sense. 

• Love 1

Well to be fair, the instructor invited Will to participate in the dancing, so that was on her. I really like that Will didn't care that he was in a room with all girls, he just wanted to dance. Loved him walking out of the dance studio with the scarf around his waist.

Zoey looked adorable with her purple scarf dancing.

I was not interested in the hospital stuff. I was interested in the locked room though. That looks interesting. What they did looked slightly different on how they portrayed on the Big Bang theory.

• Love 5

There were actually four other boys in the dance class so Will wasn't the only one. But Bill indicated that if at some point Zoey wanted the class to be just for herself without Will, that would be o.k. too.

I love how these kids are fearless and enthusiastic about trying new things and seem to follow directions very well and catch on quickly.

• Love 10

Zoe was amazing in her dance class, she picked up the moves really quickly and was so confident. The teacher asking Will to join in kind of irked me, not because I have anything against Will, but because we never see any of Will's instructors extending the same courtesy to Zoe.

You could tell the kids had zero interest in the piano lesson, though. They seem to prefer physical activities where they can move around and burn off some energy.

The lantern display was really beautiful, I wish they had something like that where I live. The Escape Room scenes were a dud. Bill was really under dressed in comparison to Jen and the other couple.

• Love 4

I find myself grinning like a fool whenever those kids are on the screen.  So much enthusiasm for everything!

I had never heard of that lantern thing and I was amazed at the size and scope of the displays!  What fun that would be to see in person.  Not having spent much time in Texas I do enjoy seeing places on the show that I would not normally hear about.

And what a positive escape from the nightmare known as politics....

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the Karate instructor did try to include Zoey or at least engage her but she was a little shy and wouldn't leave Bill and Jenn.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 1

How stinky cute was Zoey in her dance class!! OMG!!!  shaking her little body.  That was amazing she picked up on the moves. 

I was trying to follow the jellyfish thing, but that seemed odd to me. I thought the stars made a bit more sense. 

Makes total sense to me.  Your want your fingers to be soft and float up from the keys on certain songs.  The chicken claw is for louder/more energetic songs.

Stuff they won't really care about until they are much much older and still taking lessons but I thought it was something interesting to teach kids when they are that young. Start them with the basics!

I think Will loves to try anything so they let them try anything, even if it's geared towards Zoey.  They said if Zoey wants something to be her own later on then they will  go with that.  In terms of Will's activities, Zoey is more on the shy side and probably doesn't always want to do what Will does.

Nothing wrong with putting your son in a bollywood class though.  Maybe he would love it and Zoey wouldn't!

I always saw other boys in the class.

• Love 4
I agree. I wish Zoey could have one thing to herself.

I could watch the Zoey show all day long.

So could I! I have mad love for that little girl! Don't get me wrong, I love Will too, but my heart belongs to Zoey.

• Love 2

Will is just spoiled and wants to be number 1. Especially if there are cameras around. And I do not think he likes sharing the spotlight with Zoey. Jen and Bill do very little to give Zoey her own time to shine on the show. It was telling when they got to the studio Zoey asked if it was a lion dance. Did Jen and Bill find a way for her to try lion dancing ...nope. It was all about Will. I was glad to see Zoey pretty much ignored him while she was dancing.

• Love 3

You could tell the kids had zero interest in the piano lesson, though. They seem to prefer physical activities where they can move around and burn off some energy.

The lantern display was really beautiful, I wish they had something like that where I live. The Escape Room scenes were a dud. Bill was really under dressed in comparison to Jen and the other couple.

I love when the piano teacher was talking to Zoey, she not-so-slyly put a finger on a key and pressed it down.  It was cute and funny.  She was CRAVING the chance to start playing/make some noise!

Bill seemed to have zero interest in the Escape Room.  And I don't blame him.  That looks so not fun to me. 

• Love 2

I don't think one kid is more spoiled than the other.    I do see that they are expecting more from Will being the older brother, they definitely ask Will to help out more (getting utensils, help carrying stuff).   I also see that because of that, Will does take on a big brother role with Zoey.  We've seen examples of this this season, whether it was waiting for her to catch up to him when they went trick or treating or packing her to go bag when they went to the community garden.  Being the oldest child this was drilled into me growing up.  You are the oldest and you have to set the example for your younger brother or sister and you have to look out for them.

The kids have two different personalities.  I don't see Will as trying to "hog" the spotlight from Zoey, he's just more outgoing and ready to try everything - you don't have to ask him twice.  Zoey is a little more shy and reserved.

• Love 15

That light show place looked fantastic - I'd love to see something like that.  Zoey is totally fascinated with her Princesses and girly things - I noticed her inspecting the dance instructor's toenail polish (or whatever was on her feet), too.  The Bollywood dancing was so much fun to watch!

I also enjoyed seeing part of Jen's presentation to the Board, and how input from the simulations were used to make a design more efficient.  When every second counts in saving a life, these small changes can make a big difference.  Brava, Jen!

• Love 7

Another escape room like K8 did with her brood with Bill looking ridiculous in those balloon shorts!  And another episode with Dan!  A STAR IS BORN

Zoey is just plain adorable no matter what she does.  Will is a bundle of joy no doubt.  I can't blame the Bollywood instructor for inviting Will to join the class.  It should have been made clear to her beforehand this was Zoey's turn unless of course they did make the suggestion to get Will in there too.  Will looks at the camera a lot and is very aware of the filming.   A STAR IS BORN

• Love 1

Not being a fan of K+8, I haven't seen the "escape room" game before and I thought it looked like fun.  I immediately looked it up and saw that they accommodate from 4-10 people per session, which looks like great family fun for a birthday or other celebration.  

I really don't see Will as taking any of Zoey's limelight.  More than likely all of the instructors have invited Zoey and she was either too shy or not interested enough to partake.  I thought it was nice of the teacher to invite Will to join them at the end.  When my husband coached, he would occasionally invite siblings to join in at the end of the session, and it make them feel good to be included.  Often it resulted in the sibling joining the team themselves, afterward. 

Houston is a very casual city and most of the residents dress in shorts and sandals from March thru November.  Bill seems to be comfortable in his choices, and Jen doesn't seem to mind.  He dresses formally when the occasion calls for it, such as conventions or when Jen is giving a speech.  I get the impression that Bill doesn't really care what people think of his shorts.

• Love 4

I do not think Zoey is all that shy. She seemed excited about dancing. Bill and Jen and TLC stage it to make her look shy in my opinion. She communicates far better than Will and she even beat him in a race in the pool.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think one kid is more spoiled than the other.    I do see that they are expecting more from Will being the older brother, they definitely ask Will to help out more (getting utensils, help carrying stuff).   I also see that because of that, Will does take on a big brother role with Zoey.  We've seen examples of this this season, whether it was waiting for her to catch up to him when they went trick or treating or packing her to go bag when they went to the community garden.  Being the oldest child this was drilled into me growing up.  You are the oldest and you have to set the example for your younger brother or sister and you have to look out for them.

The kids have two different personalities.  I don't see Will as trying to "hog" the spotlight from Zoey, he's just more outgoing and ready to try everything - you don't have to ask him twice.  Zoey is a little more shy and reserved.

Agree 100%. I think Bill and Jen DO "push" [gently] Will for more, for all these reasons.  Plus they're aware that he has more to "make up" developmentally than Zoey does. Even though we don't see that much of the kids, I'd say Zoey is pretty close to target for a 4½-year old female, though she may be somewhat behind in social-emotional development. But Will is not - not yet. He's a year and a half older than Zoey and as everyone knows, had a MUCH rougher start in every way. He still needs more of everything - nutrition, sleep, stimulation, interactions etc. I'm almost positive that the professionals who work with Will have recommended many activities and strategies for Bill and Jen to include in their home life with Will that will help him gain cognitively, physically, socially etc. The fact that they speak so much to both kids is hugely helpful. Even giving Will "firstborn responsibilities" is good for him. It helps build responsibility and self-esteem. And Will plainly loves being a big brother. He loves everything he's given to do or try. Will truly lucked out being given the gift of curiosity and enthusiasm.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 7

Bill seemed to have zero interest in the Escape Room.  And I don't blame him.  That looks so not fun to me. 

These things give me anxiety just be watching them. This one not so bad because they were all pretty calm. 

It was listed as an option for my company to do as our xmas party event (we have a small staff of 8) and I immediately said NO NO NO!

Especially with my boss.  There is no way in hell I'm doing one of those rooms with her lol.  My other co-workers maybe.

• Love 3

Bill said that the Bollywood class had been going on for over a month and consequently, Zoey didn't know the moves like the other kids. The other parents actually pursued dance class for their kids and enrolled them in the class on time.

TL C just put Will and Zoey in there to jump around and be cute in front of the cameras.

I don't think that Bill and Jen actually seek out activities for their children and enroll them. I think that everything we see is TL C finding activities to film for one day.

Another totally fake show, in my opinion.

Exactly- on top of that, they were late! Everyone was there and dressed when Zoey came in. But then I realized they had the other kids assemble earlier to sign releases and then they brought the STARS in to film it- so we have Zoey coming what looked like late- last one there.

That Chinese lion class was for much older kids. He really didn't belong there. The instructor really had to dumb it down for him to include him. It was more for 8 years and up. On top of the fact that he was physically short to do it, he mentally was not mature enough for that class. He couldnt pull both of the levers at the same time and control the lion at all like the other (Much Older) young people in the class. But TLC found this for him and convinced the place to STAR Will in the class. I really felt for the instuctor - had to put Will on his shoulders and pretend WIll was doing so well at it. It was too hard for him- a few more years.

• Love 3

Bill said that the Bollywood class had been going on for over a month and consequently, Zoey didn't know the moves like the other kids. The other parents actually pursued dance class for their kids and enrolled them in the class on time.

TL C just put Will and Zoey in there to jump around and be cute in front of the cameras.

I don't think that Bill and Jen actually seek out activities for their children and enroll them. I think that everything we see is TL C finding activities to film for one day.

Another totally fake show, in my opinion.

I don't think they do either. That's why I was generally "meh" on Will joining the class, because I knew it was a one time thing for filming and the kids likely weren't going back. Ditto for piano. In fairness, Will and Zoe are six and four, so there's only so many activities they can do on a regular basis, but the show is starting to look like an advertisement for the Houston Chamber of Commerce. Every week is a mish mash of plugs for random businesses.

• Love 4

Most of the activities chosen for the kids are just too old for Will and Zoey.  Bill says Zoey did really well for joining the class a month late and it didn't seem to bother her?!  What on earth made Bill think Zoey had a clue the other kids had been doing it longer and were more proficient!  I wonder if the other kids are wondering who on earth are these kids anyway who walk in and get the front row and it is all about them!  If I were another parent who was actually paying for the activity I would be miffed at the lack of attention to my kid. 

• Love 5

And while I'm thinking about it... didn't Will horn in on Zoey's ballet class a couple of epi's ago? Enough already. Let the little girl have her time. A couple more years and Will is really going to start pissing her off! lol.

• Love 3
A couple more years and Will is really going to start pissing her off!

From what we have seen of Zoey, if that's the case in a couple more years I have no doubt she will let her displeasure be known!  She doesn't strike me as a shrinking violet around her big bro.

• Love 8

We know Zoey is taking piano lesson . There was a whole discussion about how she could do it in another thread. Both Jen and Bill have tweeted about Will and Zoey's ballet recital. Jen even mentioned Will gave her his rose. Bill has tweeted about Will in karate. What exactly is it that the kids don't do?

• Love 8

I do agree that these companies are looking for activities and persuing Bill and Jen to get on TV or the producers are looking for things to put on TV and finding things for Bill and Jen.   That part I am not arguing about even a little bit.   

But my mom was a total flake.... or she was just really busy as a single mom with a job and a young child and a teenager.  One of the two.   Probably a little of both.   But when I asked to do things she'd find me a class and then she'd take me to the class and I don't think she ever took me to the first one.  I started gymastics with kids who had been doing it for a month and the teacher said I did really well for my first time but I felt so behind I didn't go back... but here's the deal..  When my mom called.  They said, "our class for her age group started a month ago but we don't want her to have to wait so bring her in.  We'll catch her up.  Same thing when I wanted to try tap.   Our tap class started a month ago but have her start ballet and when that class ends she can go into tap at the next session.... did not want to do ballet.  Wanted to do tap..  Still bitter!   

My mom was great at so many things, really.  Honestly.   But she wasn't great at activities..  So while I think Will and Zoey's class was producer driven they woudn't be the first kids to start a class mid session and while that didn't work out for me,  I suspect it would have worked out for some kids or else the instructors would have told my mom, "we find kids who start mid session don't come back."   And I did, by the way, stick with Ballet through the end of the ballet session it was when it came time to sign up finally for tap when my mom signed me up for ballet 2 that ended my admittedly awkward dance career.

And while I've implied here that my mom is crappy... like some other people do with Jen... well here s the thing... she didn't raise a dancer or a gymnast but she fostered a love of many, many, many other things.   So it all turned out okay in the end.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm in the minority here but I much prefer Will. He is just such a happy lil bugger and so enthusiastic about everything. I'm not much into Zoe at all. Her dancing was cute and all,but i find her petulant and usually wearing a pout. Could just be her face though.

Ditto on not liking anything related to the hospital or Jen. Boring.But I've worked in hospitals my whole life so dont want to watch it on t.v.

Bill smokes a lot of pot. I'd bet my cat on it. That's not a negative comment either. Just an observation.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm in the minority here but I much prefer Will. He is just such a happy lil bigger and so enthusiastic about everything. I'm not much into Zoe at all. Her dancing was cute and all,but i find her petulant and usually wearing a pout. Could just be her face though.

Ditto on not liking anything related to the hospital or Jen. Boring.But I've worked in hospitals my whole life so dont want to watch it on t.v.

Bill smokes a lot of pot. I'd bet my cat on it. That's not a negative comment either. Just an observation.

LOL. I hadn't thought of that, but Bill does have one of the mellowest natures I've ever encountered in a man. I wonder...

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

I'm in the minority here but I much prefer Will. He is just such a happy lil bigger and so enthusiastic about everything. I'm not much into Zoe at all. Her dancing was cute and all,but i find her petulant and usually wearing a pout. Could just be her face though.

Will is my favorite too. I love his bubbly personality. He is such a delight and I love watching him. I love hearing the little conversations he has with his parents.

Bill: we're going to the community garden, the one we talked about

Will: oh yes, last night. I wanna go. I'm really excited

Personality wise I'm closer to Zoey in that I'm shy around strangers, a little reserved and can be moody.

• Love 1

Bill doesn't smoke pot. Soon speculation becomes rumor and rumor becomes fact. This is how it starts! It would be hard to hide smoking "a lot of pot" from Jen and can you imagine if Dr Arnold got a whiff of pot on Bill? Yall are insinuating he imbibes before he does the show commentary and when he is taking the family out for filming. Maybe he is puffing with the cameramen? Sheesh

• Love 7

Bill doesn't smoke pot. Soon speculation becomes rumor and rumor becomes fact. This is how it starts! It would be hard to hide smoking "a lot of pot" from Jen and can you imagine if Dr Arnold got a whiff of pot on Bill? Yall are insinuating he imbibes before he does the show commentary and when he is taking the family out for filming. Maybe he is puffing with the cameramen? Sheesh

Medical weed for pain is highly possible after his back surgery.  

• Love 1

I use medical mj for MS. It is irritating to see how much misinformation is out there.

I am NOT mellow. :-) Nor do I "smoke" or eat edibles. I vape.

Using mj does not make everyone mellow nor does it have to make you high. You can get medical mj that does not make you stoned but relieves pain.

• Love 8

I use medical mj for MS. It is irritating to see how much misinformation is out there.

I am NOT mellow. :-) Nor do I "smoke" or eat edibles. I vape.

Using mj does not make everyone mellow nor does it have to make you high. You can get medical mj that does not make you stoned but relieves pain.

Exactly!  

• Love 1

Ok ya'll ... that is enough ... I guess this is just another "not allowed" subject for the list that is ever growing for The Little Couple ... 

There is absolutely nothing that has been noted in this episode that leads toward this conversation ... so not only is this extreme speculation, it's off topic.  Change the subject.  Thank you.

• Love 6

Both the ballet class my younger girl started and the boxing class my older girl started didn't have a registration period with an official the classes start on this day kind of thing. We just showed up and started going to class. Both also offered a free tryout session so that's what Will and Zoey could be doing. I appreciate the free trial session because it beats paying for a month of classes if they decide they don't like it. (Neither had taken the classes before)

I don't KNOW that they will continue the Bollywood and Chinese Dragon classes, but I see nothing wrong with trying them out. If the class knew the show would be filming there I'm sure they got word out to the parents of those in the class ahead of time so the parents could decide if they wanted to bother going to that class. 

• Love 8

If the class knew the show would be filming there I'm sure they got word out to the parents of those in the class ahead of time so the parents could decide if they wanted to bother going to that class. 

exactly - I'm sure the actual parents and children that attend on a regular basis had plenty of notice that they would be filming.   Maybe it wasn't even a regular class day - maybe it was a day they put together just for filming?  But they had to get signed approval from each person that they could be shown otherwise their face would be blurred.  So it's not like the Kleins just came in on a whim.

• Love 2
(edited)

My guess is it was a special class. That way the dance school and TLC producers don't have to haggle with people over signing waivers to appear on camera, and parents don't get pissy over two kids taking up all the attention when they likely won't be returning in the future.

I noticed there was plenty of brothers and sisters in the waiting room, but only Will was asked to join in for the last part of class. That's why I'm leaning towards it being a set up for filming.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

For the last time, we have respectfully asked y'all to stop the pettiness and back and forth. We will NOT do two separate threads. There is an ignore user feature you are ALL welcome to take advantage of.

Honestly, if you choose to engage any more, we will be forced to dole out consequences. I really hate feeling like a babysitter. Act like the adults you all are, and be RESPECTFUL of one another.

• Love 2

Watching the escape room segment really showed how different Bill and Jen are. He is so calm and she is so not calm.

We repeatedly see that he worries about nothing and she worries about everything. I ask myself, how do these people stand one another. The answer that I came up with is that she takes everything seriously and does all the work. He gets to act like a little boy and have no responsibility. Her payback is that he bows down to her in all matters. She gets to make all the decisions for the family.

Everything goes Jen's way and Bill gets to act like a happy child with no responsibility. Perfect for both of them.

They love each other deeply so it works for them.

• Love 12