Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Final Decision Pt. 1

• Start Topic

Is this the first season they spilt the 6-week reveal into two parts? I'll be so pissed if they don't, at least, give a full reveal on one of the three couples during part 1.

I know, right? How long could it take to say Hell, no 6 times?

• Love 14

Have we heard from David (or his mother) how long his prior relationships have been?  I didn't see the first couple of episodes so I may have missed that info.  Thanks.

I don't remember hearing it but I could have just missed it. I do think that with all of them its info they should have talked about in the beginning though. 

Is this the first season they spilt the 6-week reveal into two parts? I'll be so pissed if they don't, at least, give a full reveal on one of the three couples during part 1.

No the 6 months reunion was in 2 parts. I had to look it up because I couldn't remember myself. I do remember them playing both parts back to back though and that was probably because it was a disaster they needed to just be done with. LOL 

I think they were done at the altar.

Agreed. And whilst there might be some exceptions, I also think that if these couples don't warm to each other immediately, chances they will ever make it are low or otherwise something unhealthy is at play (like Neil's doormat behavior).

• Love 3

Stashley must behave in a legally acceptable manner until divorce is finalized.

How long does an uncontested divorce take in Georgia?  Weren't they were married in early June?  So mid-July would be the 6 week mark, and then to court.  If it takes 6 months, January may have been the date of dissolution depending on when it was filed.

Wonder if the characters have to pay for the attorneys and court costs?  Difficult to imagine fyi would do it unless the attorneys paid for promotional time on the show. 

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

Stashley must behave in a legally acceptable manner until divorce is finalized.

How long does an uncontested divorce take in Georgia?  Weren't they were married in early June?  So mid-July would be the 6 week mark, and then to court.  If it takes 6 months, January may have been the date of dissolution depending on when it was filed.

Wonder if the characters have to pay for the attorneys and court costs?  Difficult to imagine fyi would do it unless the attorneys paid for promotional time on the show. 

From what I gather the show pays for the attorneys. I saw an article from a few months or so ago on last Seasons people and Ryan with the temper had his attorney quit but it was the attorney the show was paying for it sounded like. Wonder though how that works then if the attorney quits or if they were to fire the person? Will the show get them a new one or would they have to pay at that point? 

Sam runs out. Sam is always running out. What a weirdo.

Of course is it her running out in a tantrum like usually is the question? I am holding out hope he tells her he wants nothing to do with her narcissistic disgusting self.

• Love 1

Ashley and David remind me of Pepe le Pew and the cat. At this point I just laugh when they are on.

Brilliant!  I've been trying to figure out what tv show/movie they remind me of but that is definitely it.  Determined against all odds Pepe and that poor little black and white cat 

I think the producers coach them on how to look when they make "the final decision."  That's so we, the audience can't tell who is going to stay married and who is going to divorce.  

The episode will be 50 minutes of filler and maybe one couple making the "final decision."  They're going to drag this shit out for as long as humanly possible.

• Love 9

LOL, just had to say Ditto to all this!!!!

I hope Neil said "No" to Sam for not missing her because he's practicing the big "No" on decision day. That dude needs to run.

LOL I could not agree more. They were a bad match up.

• Love 2

Ashley and David remind me of Pepe le Pew and the cat. At this point I just laugh when they are on.

ROTF!!!!!  OK, you win the internet today!  Given my "cartoon mind" I'm just shocked I didn't think of this myself!

Edited by Snarklepuss

Does everyone think the couples (not just this season) fake the decision reveal as the first time? I hope they do. The cameras aren't with them 24/7, they could give each other a heads up. I know they all signed up to have it all play out on TV but especially in the breakup couples I don't like the idea of actually not giving the other spouse a heads up they're breaking up.

Is this show controversial?  They keep saying in the beginning of each episode that the show is "controversial."  Is it really?  Or is that just bullshit?  Oh, and I hate that stupid song they play in the beginning, "It's All or Nothing."  

• Love 7

Neil sprouts a backbone and tells Sam in no uncertain terms to take a hike. Sam leaves the Decision Room to ask the production crew if she has something in her teeth.

Ashley was a corpse all season because she secretly had a crush on David but she's an introvert. She wanted to stay together but he bailed and has plans to marry the girl he was going to have drinks with.

Tres bought Vanessa a house, a huge ring, an Audi and promised to never leave her sight. Vanessa got upset because he didn't kiss Nola good night last week so she kicked him to the curb.

None are together.

The End.

• Love 21

Neil is full of crap if he pretends he's going to bail.  He's been all about commitment from the start regardless of what an abusive cow she is.  I seriously do not get why they would want to stay together.   

I would think it is very easy to go out and find someone on your own who you are not physically attracted to and seem to have little in common with--And is nasty and belittling to you just as a bonus.  I thought the hard part was finding someone you are attracted to,   who you click with, enjoy, and with whom you have mutual respect. 

I hope they don't think we want to see the Neil/sam story continue.  And I think if they don't employ them for a sequel, they will be done in less than a year.  

• Love 4

Oh goodness.   Well that was a surprise, NOT.

STFU Ashley, you didn't want David BEFORE the text nonsense.  She checked out on day one. 

And ding, ding, ding, David figured that out, the chick checked out.  She probably called her old bf five seconds later.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 19

Lol at Ashley's face while David was talking.

I was cringing. She looked bored and pissed, and I just found it mean of her - she was all but rolling her eyes. I knew it was coming but I felt bad for David. At least he knows she checked out from day one. I hope he takes some time to heal (with the help of a real therapist) and finds someone who loves him.

The only interesting thing about this episode was the last five minutes. I fast-forwarded through half of it, especially the flashbacks.

• Love 17

Here's how I feel about the social media thing.  I'm old; I grew up before social media, so it doesn't mean anything to me.  I don't even get what "emotional cheating" is.  Nobody can be your everything, sometimes you have to talk to other people and unless David said, "let's fuck" to the other woman, it's all good.  As I remember, David said to Ashley, "I don't know anything about your family, or your friends."  Now that's fucked up if you're married to someone.  How dare Ashley want David to talk to her, when she didn't want to talk to him.  I liked that the show played the part right after the wedding when Ashley was in the bathroom and said, "I don't like him."  I hope David sees that and knows that he was right, the woman checked out on day one.

But, I'm not crazy about David 100% because I have a feeling that he wants to be "married." And being married means more to him than who he's married to.  He saw Ashley and said, "I want her" without finding out who she was.  In some ways, they were both alike.  He had a picture in his head and so did she.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 18

Here's how I feel about the social media thing. I'm old; I grew up before social media, so it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't even get what "emotional cheating" is. Nobody can be your everything, sometimes you have to talk to other people and unless David said, "let's fuck" to the other woman, it's all good.

But, I'm not crazy about David 100% because I have a feeling that he wants to be "married." And being married means more to him than who he's married to. He saw Ashley and said, "I want her" without finding out who she was. In some ways, they were both alike. He had a picture in his head and so did she.

I absolutely think emotional cheating is a thing; intimacy comes in lots of different forms. It's not just sex, so having sex with another person isn't the only way it's possible to betray them. Emotional intimacy is huge with me. This incident between David and Ashley is whatever because they had no intimacy of any kind, but if they did, I can see why she'd be hurt.

However, I agree that David just wants to be married and doesnt care to whom, and he really needs to sort that out. What does he want from a partnership? What kind of woman is best suited for him? I'm not sure he knows, and he needs to if he's going to make better choices. "Ok, you'll do" isn't the way to pick a spouse, IMO.

nffftshewasgone, I watch on A&E - ep ended at 10:01 for me.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2

Oh goodness.   Well that was a surprise, NOT.

STFU Ashley, you didn't want David BEFORE the text nonsense.  She checked out on day one. 

And ding, ding, ding, David figured that out, the chick checked out.  She probably called her old bf five seconds later.

Exactly. Just as we expected, she was just biding her time until she could say she wanted a divorce. She got him to pay her expenses while she went to school, so she didn't have to work. Check. She got her "five minutes of fame". Check. She found an excuse to blame her selfishness all on David. Check...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 15