Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Musical Game Night

• Start Topic

Who are five people I've never heard of and one I only know because she was on the show last year?

Hunter Hayes is a country music singer; Estelle is a British singer/rapper; Ciara is dating that big NFL football player, Russell What'shisname from the Seattle Seahawks & is also a singer (& I think model); Ta'Rhonda is on the Fox show Empire; as the synopsis says, the other 2 guys are (from) the multi-award-winning country duo Florida-Georgia Line.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 1

Pleasant, unannoying group of not so great players, but man, that final round looked to be a disaster until something threw Ciara's switch.

That last round could have been very very bad but managed to work out, really because the civilian was good.

Seriously, I thought that poor civilian was going to keep being fed awful clues in that final round. Kudos to her for getting through that rough beginning. Good lord, I wanted to slap those two for that first awful clue for Courtney Cox and not just starting with...SHE WAS ON FRIENDS!   I forgot what they said, something like, she's an actress......"   huh?!!

Civilian was amazing on the clue for Tina Turner....it was something like she has these legs...or long legs. Damn woman,that was impressive.

I have to say, I was quite amused everytime the popcorn blew up in Ciara's face. It just made me laugh so much because she got so scared.

Edited by Valny

Is Hunter Hayes officially the most useless celebrity ever chosen for the final round? Has anyone else contributed less?

Yep, he was not good. I sure thought it was a bad move to pick him in the final round, for one, I just thought he'd be too young to give enough good clues and it seemed obvious that he didn't have a wide enough knowledge on pop culture. At least that's the vibe I was getting.  He kept reminding me of a mini version of Neil Patrick Harris.

It was awesome how Ciara was able to recover from the first clue, and she rocked the rest of it. Of course, the civilian was awesome too. Quick thinking on her feet and got the answers on the second guess. I think Ciara knew who Courtney Cox was, it just seemed like the clue was on the tip of her tongue and she just couldn't get it out. She was probably thinking of a sitcom character and she just froze. At least that's how it looked to me.

Hunter was just useless. Good thing the civilian had Ciara. I think the only clue he was able to help on was Blake Shelton, because, duh.

Ugh for this game. 

In the Doo-Et game, I guess that one pair passed because they didn't know Tequila. I certainly wouldn't have passed. I would have done Pee Wee's dance while doo-doo'ing Tequila.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 2
Good lord, I wanted to slap those two for that first awful clue for Courtney Cox and not just starting with...SHE WAS ON FRIENDS!   I forgot what they said, something like, she's an actress......"   huh?!!

All Ciara could come up with is "she's an actress and she's tall" for Courtney Cox.  CC isn't tall, could Ciara have been thinking about LaVerne Cox?

I think the only clue he was able to help on was Blake Shelton, because, duh.

But neither one of them mentioned The Voice!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2

The funniest part was watching Hat side of Florida Georgia line Do do and start getting low and doing lil mini squats.  Because the other half of Florida Georgia line busted out laughing and said something like, "you are getting LOW". But Hat's team passed on that song. The name of the song he was do do'ing?  "Low".

Wow. I am old. I have never heard of any of these singers before in my life. Not even a vague familiarity with their names. I am just not up on current music, at all. So this had to be the least interesting episode I ever saw because I didn't know any of them. And that's just no fun. 

That civilian got damn lucky in the bonus round because the two celebs feeding her "clues" suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. How could you not know who Courtney Cox is? How old are these people, 12?

• Love 2

At the beginning of the Celebrity Name Game round I thought that we were going to see the first ever goose egg for the final round. I was amazed that they pulled off a win after that, and while Ciara deserves some credit for that, a few of her clues weren't that good, so the bulk of the credit has to go to the civilian for pulling it off.

Pretty entertaining game overall, especially considering my unfamiliarity with any of the celebrities.

Edited by BobH

I'm just going to point it out - a lot of black people don't watch Friends or a lot of things the friends cast are in. My two best friends and I literally the only black I know who watch or like Friends.

Ciara and the other guy should give their $20,000 to the civilian considering she did all the work!

All Ciara could come up with is "she's an actress and she's tall" for Courtney Cox.  CC isn't tall, could Ciara have been thinking about LaVerne Cox?

But neither one of them mentioned The Voice!

or Miranda Lambert (and now Gwen Stefani).

Back to back was certainly suspenseful...in that I was terrified that Ciara's boob was going to pop out as she merrily charaded away.

You say "terrified", I say "hoping"!

I'm just going to point it out - a lot of black people don't watch Friends or a lot of things the friends cast are in. My two best friends and I literally the only black I know who watch or like Friends.

Which maybe explains Ciera, but not Hunter. The other thing though is that you don't necessarily have to watch/like something to know who's in it, because sometimes it just blows up that much. There are shows I have no interest whatsoever in, didn't watch when they were/are on, and yet I know just from standing in line at the grocery store or scanning headlines on websites looking for the stuff that does interest me. On the whole I find it unlikely that Ciera doesn't know CC. I think that as another poster theorized, Ciera just had a brain freeze and was thinking of Laverne Cox, especially because her name had come up in an earlier game.

I almost passed out when they had to pass on Courtney Cox, heh, as it seemed to be shaping up to be the worst showing of CNG ever. It's funny in hindsight, but the growing look of panic in the civilian's eyes as she was just being given "actress" for a clue, realizing maybe she had picked the wrong celebrities for the game...and I think that is the only time I've ever seen Jane step in, too - she also told them they had to give more clues. Normally she only speaks when a celebrity accidentally uses part of the person's name as a clue and so it has to be disqualified. But then like someone said, it was like something just flipped a switch in Ciera and she got rolling. The only thing she really screwed up on after that was who Seal is married to, and that was one of the only two times Hunter made himself useful (supplying Heidi Klum) - the other time was supplying "male" for Blake Shelton, though Ciera probably would've thought of clarifying his gender in a second herself, since the civilian was guessing female singers.

• Love 1

Which maybe explains Ciera, but not Hunter. The other thing though is that you don't necessarily have to watch/like something to know who's in it, because sometimes it just blows up that much. There are shows I have no interest whatsoever in, didn't watch when they were/are on, and yet I know just from standing in line at the grocery store or scanning headlines on websites looking for the stuff that does interest me. On the whole I find it unlikely that Ciera doesn't know CC. I think that as another poster theorized, Ciera just had a brain freeze and was thinking of Laverne Cox, especially because her name had come up in an earlier game.

I almost passed out when they had to pass on Courtney Cox, heh, as it seemed to be shaping up to be the worst showing of CNG ever. It's funny in hindsight, but the growing look of panic in the civilian's eyes as she was just being given "actress" for a clue, realizing maybe she had picked the wrong celebrities for the game...and I think that is the only time I've ever seen Jane step in, too - she also told them they had to give more clues. Normally she only speaks when a celebrity accidentally uses part of the person's name as a clue and so it has to be disqualified. But then like someone said, it was like something just flipped a switch in Ciera and she got rolling. The only thing she really screwed up on after that was who Seal is married to, and that was one of the only two times Hunter made himself useful (supplying Heidi Klum) - the other time was supplying "male" for Blake Shelton, though Ciera probably would've thought of clarifying his gender in a second herself, since the civilian was guessing female singers.

Isn't he a baby though? Like 22 or so? He definitely wasn't around to care in it's heyday, and while I would know the name, and to say "Friends", Courtney was not the star of that show, so I could see how it would be a struggle for them.  You'd think these famous people would read People magazine... 

Gosh, I love the colors of the civilians' dresses. Springtime! I would look pregnant in the pink one, but I need a source for the purple one!

I hope the purple one was wearing undies bc it seemed she was flashing folks on the couch  some lady parts during that stack the boxes game.

Laverne Cox might still have been in her consciousness since she was mentioned earlier in Popped Quiz, when they had the oh-so-clever "who has more Twitter followers, (Andy) Dick or (Laverne) Cox" question.  Same writer as the "who has more Grammys, Bush or Hole" question, I presume.  

Pretty much a stinker of a game overall.

• Love 1

Isn't he a baby though? Like 22 or so? He definitely wasn't around to care in it's heyday, and while I would know the name, and to say "Friends", Courtney was not the star of that show, so I could see how it would be a struggle for them.  You'd think these famous people would read People magazine... 

True. And when you say just Friends, most, if not all the time, Jennifer Aniston is the first person that gets mentioned.

And yes, Hunter is that young. So yeah, I won't be surprised if he's only vaguely familiar with it and does not know anything about it beyond Jennifer Aniston. A lot of 20 year olds I know don't understand why Friends is such a big deal.

True. And when you say just Friends, most, if not all the time, Jennifer Aniston is the first person that gets mentioned.

And yes, Hunter is that young. So yeah, I won't be surprised if he's only vaguely familiar with it and does not know anything about it beyond Jennifer Aniston. A lot of 20 year olds I know don't understand why Friends is such a big deal.

But Friends is still running in syndication and it's on Netflix. My 21-year-old sister and her friends (ha) have recently discovered it and are obsessed. I would guess that 20-something guys are less likely to get into it, but it's definitely a thing right now for 20-something girls.

I think Ciara just froze at first.  Hunter I doubt knew who she was eh didn't know much at all and was wondering why she picked him.

Plus its not like Courtney Cox has been in hiding since the end of Freinds she did Courage Town and was even getting nominated for it a few years ago.

Ciara charity should have gotten 20k cause Hunter didn't contribute a single clue that helped. (I kid)