Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Watched the whole show again today. A lot of the same guests as yesterday.

Mika actually said she's voting for Hillary!  Joe remained silent.

Madeline Albright - what a class act - I remember how wonderful she always was on the Daily Show.

Joe is refusing to endorse Trump until he rescinds the Muslim ban on immigration to the US. Joe said he was staunch defender of Muslims when he was in Congress. Joe said he had many meetings with Arab leaders and they all agreed with his positions.

16 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

What's next? Shorts and flip-flops?

I could see Joe showing up in a T shirt. Mika was better dressed on Friday. She must have gone shopping.  I don't know why Joe dresses so poorly . Is it to annoy the audience?

On 7/29/2016 at 11:11 AM, pivot said:

The Clintons do. 

I couldn't disagree more. They were excluded from the Washington parlor elites when Bill was in office and they shunned the press.  The NYT has a hardon for the Clintons like no other.

I noticed Mika and some rather inappropriate (unprofessional) hands on Joe this week.

• Love 4

I actually like the casual dress look for their show, especially when they are on location, but you can dress casually and still look nice. I can't imagine why Joe thinks it's OK to dress in the same clothes day after day. 

• Love 6
On 7/30/2016 at 10:49 AM, NextIteration said:

I couldn't disagree more. They were excluded from the Washington parlor elites when Bill was in office and they shunned the press.  The NYT has a hardon for the Clintons like no other.

I noticed Mika and some rather inappropriate (unprofessional) hands on Joe this week.

On Friday's show, Mika actually slapped Joe on the leg at one point.

• Love 1

This morning the panel attacks Hillary for lying on FOX with Chris Wallace.

Except for Sam Stein, who's in Washington, and can't get a rational word in and is frustrated.

Either way.  Does Hillary have advisors?  If not, Hillary. listen to me. STFU!  You are blowing a walk in the park.

• Love 5

Except for Sam Stein, who's in Washington, and can't get a rational word in and is frustrated.

Either way.  Does Hillary have advisors?  If not, Hillary. listen to me. STFU!  You are blowing a walk in the park.

So she was truthful to the FBI investigators but lied to the general public according to Comey? 

Is this boiling down to asking someone who sent and received tens of thousands of emails over four years to remember every one of them?   

I think it's her nervous laugh and smile that gets her in trouble. She tries to make light of it and it doesn't come off well. 

• Love 1

Nobody is requiring Clinton to remember every email she ever sent. What the show did is replay a bit of the Wallace show, in which they showed Clinton a montage of her statements on the server when the story broke (called "the UN statements" because she was there when she made them)  compared to Comey's findings and testimony in Congress a few weeks ago. They also referred to a Washington Post article on the interview that ran today which gave her "four Pinocchio's" (their highest dishonesty rating) for her assertions on Wallace's show.

The article  in the Washington Post (hardly a hotbed of reactionary thinking) is worth a read to understand the context of Joe et al's remarks.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, stormy said:

I liked that Morning Joe brought that up. It was another lie from a compulsive liar. She can't help it IMO. Best for her to just hide for the rest of the campaign and let Trump dig a hole for himself.

I can't believe that Morning Joe made me cry but I did multiple times watching the show today. And then I thought I was losing my mind listening to Trump on his relationship with Putin. Does anyone actually know if they've met? They didn't say which was a lie did they?

I missed Mika today.

• Love 1

Today they all had a good laugh at Trump tweeting out a photo of him eating KFC. Snobs. 

In fairness they did spend the first segment talking about how awful this situation is with the Khan family, and questioning Trump's mental health. But eating some fast food is the least of Trump's faults. KFC isn't my cup of tea, but who among us haven't enjoyed fast food in our life once in a while?

Good to see Chris Jansing sitting in to provide the "real reporter/non-bloviator" perspective.

Fournier was on to talk about his Atlantic article and was great.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Today they all had a good laugh at Trump tweeting out a photo of him eating KFC. Snobs. 

In fairness they did spend the first segment talking about how awful this situation is with the Khan family, and questioning Trump's mental health. But eating some fast food is the least of Trump's faults. KFC isn't my cup of tea, but who among us haven't enjoyed fast food in our life once in a while?

Good to see Chris Jansing sitting in to provide the "real reporter/non-bloviator" perspective.

Fournier was on to talk about his Atlantic article and was great.

I wrote about today's show over in the MSNBC thread (and the many Chris Jansing appearances today on various shows!), and said that it seemed like an unusually earnest show today, with real concern about Trump's stability.  I had forgotten the KFC moment -- but also remember that they made sure to note that he was eating with a knife and fork, the proper utensils for fast food like pizza.  I hardly ever get to see Morning Joe (starts at 3:00 AM on the West Coast), but this was a good one to catch. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Did they mention the staged photo of Reagan eating KFC which was probably Donnie's inspiration? 

I did not hear that, and I think I was awake for the full 30 seconds of the segment.  But you surely are right about the inspiration!

Today every panel member and guest are sincerely questioning Trump's sanity.  
Sort of a shame they weren't this clear eyed and serious 9 months ago when they were promoting Trump as a man of the people and giving him a leg up on all other politicians with tons of free publicity.  I guess the natural consequence to building him up and benefiting from the ratings is that now they get to tear him down and benefit from those ratings.  They aren't discussing Mrs Clinton or the $400 million payment to Iran.  They are discussing how  Donald Trump is "a sociopath" who may "not care about America."
Mika appears to be getting over a throat infection.

• Love 17

Sort of a shame they weren't this clear eyed and serious 9 months ago when they were promoting Trump as a man of the people and giving him a leg up on all other politicians with tons of free publicity.  I guess the natural consequence to building him up and benefiting from the ratings is that now they get to tear him down and benefit from those ratings. 

I said the same thing this morning, "you all made this bed of shit when you were having him on the show every day joking about how great he was, now you get to live with it". 

• Love 13

So good to know that Ari Fleisher is ready to go down with  SS Trump.

His hatred of Hillary is so ridiculous that I was waiting for him to start screaming "lock her up!"

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Sort of a shame they weren't this clear eyed and serious 9 months ago when they were promoting Trump as a man of the people and giving him a leg up on all other politicians with tons of free publicity.  I guess the natural consequence to building him up and benefiting from the ratings is that now they get to tear him down and benefit from those ratings.  They aren't discussing Mrs Clinton or the $400 million payment to Iran.  They are discussing how  Donald Trump is "a sociopath" who may "not care about America."
Mika appears to be getting over a throat infection.

Agreed. It's unbelievable how friendly they were with Trump during the primaries. The Muslim ban was announced last fall. Why didn't Joe denounce him to his face during those interviews? MiKa was practically crying when talking about Trump. 

• Love 8

Then there's this from today's show:

Scarborough: "Several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Mr. Trump.  … Trump asked three times, in an hour briefing, ‘why can’t we use nuclear weapons?’"

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/8/3/1556175/-Donald-Trump-could-go-nuclear-in-seconds-and-there-s-no-mechanism-to-stop-him#read-more

Anybody that still supports Trump, should be made to watch the 1960's movie, "Failsafe" (starring Henry Fonda).

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Ok, so it just occurred to me that the crew on Morning Joe, and most other people, are a bit sanctimonious and too eager to pile on DWS.  What is happening right now with the GOP is EXACTLY the same thing that happened in the DNC, except worse.  ("Worse" is the wrong word, "bigger in scope" is probably more apt.)
The GOP establishment is frantically working against the candidate.  But they are doing it before our eyes.  DWS had the politesse to attempt to mask her motives, and illegal hacking discovered some half assed emails where ideas were suggested, but never acted on.
The GOP is in visible action against their candidate.  They are visibly working against him, hoping he drops out of the race.  Where's the outrage!?  Where's the sanctimony and condemnations!?  Where is Mika's righteous indignation and red faced fury?  "It's unfair.  It's a stacked deck."

• Love 5

Big difference. The DNC was supposed to be neutral during the primaries. Mika called them out on this and it turns out she was right, as the emails showed.

Nor do we have any proof that the RNC is working against their candidate; it is just speculation at this point, and I would surmise at this point their preference is to somehow right the Trump ship, given that a candidate's resignation post-nomination is unchartered political and legal waters.

• Love 2

It's freaking me out how much sense Mika has been making lately.

Joe, on the other hand, is full of shit as always. Joe is trying to rebrand Trump as a Democrat to save his Republican Party. That's not going to work.

• Love 3

Ok, so it just occurred to me that the crew on Morning Joe, and most other people, are a bit sanctimonious and too eager to pile on DWS.  What is happening right now with the GOP is EXACTLY the same thing that happened in the DNC, except worse.  ("Worse" is the wrong word, "bigger in scope" is probably more apt.)
The GOP establishment is frantically working against the candidate.  But they are doing it before our eyes.  DWS had the politesse to attempt to mask her motives, and illegal hacking discovered some half assed emails where ideas were suggested, but never acted on.
The GOP is in visible action against their candidate.  They are visibly working against him, hoping he drops out of the race.  Where's the outrage!?  Where's the sanctimony and condemnations!?  Where is Mika's righteous indignation and red faced fury?  "It's unfair.  It's a stacked deck."

Donald Trump could dig up Ronald Reagan's corpse and drag it behind his limo and the RNC would  just tsk tsk and shake their heads.  

Or it could be discovered that the RNC was working to try to stop him all along and there would be a collective shoulder shrug and "no big deal". 

• Love 5

Joe, on the other hand, is full of shit as always. Joe is trying to rebrand Trump as a Democrat to save his Republican Party. That's not going to work.

Lol I had forgotten that. First Trump is a secret Democrat, or former Democrat, or whatever. Oh, and he's mentally ill too. Whatever works, Joe. (Eyeroll)

• Love 4

So I didn't watch or listen this morning. If I understand correctly Joe S. says that an unnamed source told him that Trump asked about the nukes 3 times in an hour.  

If i have that straight does anyone question more of Joe's "high level friends" whispering in his ear?  Why does only Joe know this and it hasn't been reported elsewhere?

i don't doubt that Trump could have done that I just can't believe Joe is the only journalist to get the story. If the person who briefed Trump was willing to tell Joe and Joe is ostensibly a journalist why not leak it to other journalists? But maybe that's why it hasn't been picked up the mainstream media ( other then the Huffington Post). Because it can't be verified by a second source?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Was it Joe who said that Mika, with her gravely voice, was doing a Brenda Vaccaro imitation? That actually made me laugh.

It also shows my age . . .

Me too.  Isn't it annoying when he actually says something clever.....

• Love 5

Is it just me, or is Mika actually making sense today?  She's on fire against tRump and the R's.  It's so interesting how aggressively she can question panelists when Joe's not there; how she can string together actual intelligent sentences; how a smidgen of intelligence peeks through the veil of her usual giggly-girl persona.  Wow, he must really have some kind of hold on her.  Papa Z must be so proud.  Anyway, I thought I'd just throw the question out there.  I overslept a bit so maybe I'm not thinking clearly yet.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Then there's this from today's show:

Scarborough: "Several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Mr. Trump.  … Trump asked three times, in an hour briefing, ‘why can’t we use nuclear weapons?’"

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/8/3/1556175/-Donald-Trump-could-go-nuclear-in-seconds-and-there-s-no-mechanism-to-stop-him#read-more

Anybody that still supports Trump, should be made to watch the 1960's movie, "Failsafe" (starring Henry Fonda).

Why wasn't this information made public at the time? It would have allowed the GOP to pick someone else.

• Love 3

Joe is trying to cast himself as the voice of reason and sanity, now that his little game of being Trump's ass kisser in chief is blowing up in his squinty little face.

Everyone sees thru your bullshit Joe.   I don't even know if I believe his  Trump/nukes story.   He is tap dancing so fast to distance himself from Trump it's not even funny. 

For the last fourteen months Donald Trump has been nothing but a name calling, narcissistic bully, not interested in educating himself on the economy, foreign policy, or even how to string a group of words into a cogent sentence.   

Politics isn't a joke, nor is putting the security of this country at risk,   but that never stopped Joe Scarborough when he thinks he'll be able to win the game of"I told you so".    

You fiddled while the gasoline was poured around Rome, Joe, and Trump is getting ready to throw the match. 

You're the one who should apologize for propping this idiot up for the last year, you and your girlfriend smirking and acting like you were getting the inside track on Trump's rocket ship to the Oval Office.  

I'll be happy to buy you a bulldozer, because you're going to need it to shovel the bed of shit you made for yourself. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 20
On 7/29/2016 at 10:42 AM, teddysmom said:

She [Cackles] was upset that Hillary didn't court Republicans?  It was the Democratic Convention you ditz!!  Was she supposed to come out and spout some of Paul Ryan's great plans for shutting down Social Security and Medicare?  

And I'm sorry but even as a Democrat it sounded pretty inclusive to me. 

As an Independent, I thought this was was a very inclusive, and well run convention.  Actually, it's one of the best I have seen in years and I have to admit that my cynical heart was moved to tears and cheers several times.  Hell, just the optics alone--compared to the optics of the GOP Convention--made the inclusiveness quite obvious.  According to the New York Times, out of all the delegates that participated in this year's GOP Convention, only 18 of them were Black.  Apparently, several others chose to opt out this year.

I hate to break it to Cackles, but Hillary's job that night was to thread the needle by (a) uniting the various caucuses of her party; (b) and reiterating her party's platform which I understand is the most progressive in years.  The GOP's platform speaks for itself.  Every time this woman opens her mouth, all I can think of are two words: "Sarah" and "Palin."  Oh, and those other three words:  "I didn't vote!"

• Love 11

Every time this woman opens her mouth, all I can think of are two words: "Sarah" and "Palin."  Oh, and those other three words:  "I didn't vote!"

Me too.   After Sarah Palin, I wouldn't trust Nicole Wallace  to find her ass with both hands and a mirror.  

Did anyone see Colbert last night?  He mentioned Joe's story about the nukes, and the best part was referring to MJ as "Coffee Joe Morning". 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe is trying to cast himself as the voice of reason and sanity, now that his little game of being Trump's ass kisser in chief is blowing up in his squinty little face.

Everyone sees thru your bullshit Joe.   I don't even know if I believe his  Trump/nukes story.   He is tap dancing so fast to distance himself from Trump it's not even funny. 

For the last fourteen months Donald Trump has been nothing but a name calling, narcissistic bully, not interested in educating himself on the economy, foreign policy, or even how to string a group of words into a cogent sentence.   

Politics isn't a joke, nor is putting the security of this country at risk,   but that never stopped Joe Scarborough when he thinks he'll be able to win the game of"I told you so".    

You fiddled while the gasoline was poured around Rome, Joe, and Trump is getting ready to throw the match. 

You're the one who should apologize for propping this idiot up for the last year, you and your girlfriend smirking and acting like you were getting the inside track on Trump's rocket ship to the Oval Office.  

I'll be happy to buy you a bulldozer, because you're going to need it to shovel the bed of shit you made for yourself. 

Thank you!  And, mind you, Joe and Meek-a became Trump's testicle carriers after their embarrassingly blatant love affair with Governor Christie (who humiliated himself for naught).  What is it with their knack for kissing the feet of losers?

They want to sit here now and act brand new; however, Trump is not doing anything now that he didn't do over a year ago.  Oh--except the baby thing maybe.  Heck, they even weren't that alarmed when Trump had an audience of supporters pledge their allegiance to him as if he were some kind of god.  Neither of them could see past their hatred of Secretary Clinton or the show's ratings to see what even Stevie Wonder could plainly see.  The man Joe and Meek-a shamelessly propped up and courted is unfit to lead this country.  They are a couple of weasels and cowards just like Speaker Ryan, Senator McCain, Senator McConnell, etc.

Their over-the-top criticism and hand wringing about Trump's sanity is a whole day late and several dollars short.

• Love 11

I intellectually grasp that on paper Ben Carson is an intelligent person - not everyone attends Yale and becomes a surgeon - but damn if doesn't come off as incredibly dumb on shows like these, and today was no exception. Barnicle asked a basic question - when has Trump known loss in his life - and first Carson didn't get the question and then he just used the opportunity to rant about Clinton.

There is a TV-friendly answer for this - Trump's older brother died of alcoholism in his early 40s and Trump has talked about this loss on occasion  - but it doesn't even seem that Carson knows this. Hell, I know this and I dont even like the guy.

• Love 6

Who's dressing these two loons?

Joe's fleece with his shirt tails hanging out is awkward at best. Especially when he chose to adjust the shirt-tail hanging in front of his crotch. Looked more like a nut-adjustment. (sorry for the visual, I can't unsee it)

And Mika. Gingham shirts? Clamdiggers? Keds? Geesh.You're not at the beach. Or a hoedown.

It's really noticeable in the promos. Especially the one with Biden sitting there.

Makes it even harder to take them seriously.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Who's dressing these two loons?

Joe's fleece with his shirt tails hanging out is awkward at best. Especially when he chose to adjust the shirt-tail hanging in front of his crotch. Looked more like a nut-adjustment. (sorry for the visual, I can't unsee it)

And Mika. Gingham shirts? Clamdiggers? Keds? Geesh.You're not at the beach. Or a hoedown.

It's really noticeable in the promos. Especially the one with Biden sitting there.

Makes it even harder to take them seriously.

I notice that Mika's attire has gone downhill since her divorce announcement. Did her ex-Jim Hoffer get half her wardrobe?

They used to dress up when they were in Washington .

• Love 3

Well I've continued to watch this week - or to be more precise I tape and then watch so there are parts I skip over - like today with Ben Carson.

Today Mika was really beating a dead horse.

And a word I hope to never ever hear again INTERVENTION.

• Love 3