Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Is joe trying to dress like Michael Schmidt?  All he needs is an empty bookshelf behind him.  

Yes! That is whose name I could not think of yesterday when describing Joe’s active wear. Is he wearing it again today?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 3:47 PM, neona said:

idk, my issue with the Alexi drama was that she was one of the ones who actually *was* qualified, whenever she was on MJ or Kasie everything she said was articulate, coherent, well-researched.... and then they ran her thru the wringer and fucked her over in a way that was totally disproportionate given her 1) age when this stuff happened 2) instant apology etc etc. If the general rule is gonna be that your moral/intellectual character is fixed irredeemably at age sixteen, then what even is the point of being alive, of learning new things, of trying to improve yourself?

If nothing else, it's really unfair to the ppl who've grown up with the internet and are kinda trapped by it vs the people who haven't, and who had absolute freedom to think and develop and evolve before their every thought was recorded. 

If she was dumb enough to put those thoughts on Twitter then she is responsible.  No one forced her to express herself in that way.   She should have been smart enough to delete her old tweets.  I think that she was high on her own publicity.

As for her reporting career, she played fast and loose by dating a source and keeping it secret.  She's lucky that she's getting a third chance (After Axios and Vogue). 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 5

The senator that was on at the beginning of the show, who was pushing her book, lost all credibilty when the first thing out of her mouth was thanking Mika for paving the way for other women to write books.  OMG  gag me  Mika sat there all proud.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Look, kids! The sweatshirt is now available in an exciting array of colors!

For the life of me I don't understand why Joe (and Willie at times) is being so obtuse about masks. We've been knee-deep in a pandemic for a over a year and the previous administration deliberately kept the CDC's preventative guidelines from the public. I've had covid, I still have a persistent cough and I feel like I have tar in my lungs. If I choose to wear a mask for a few more weeks I don't think I'm ignoring science - I'm trying to be a halfway decent neighbor by not hacking over the tomatoes at Publix and squicking everyone out.

Joe wants to challenge the former Israel ambassador to a slap bet.

1 minute ago, jacourt said:

The senator that was on at the beginning of the show, who was pushing her book, lost all credibilty when the first thing out of her mouth was thanking Mika for paving the way for other women to write books.  OMG  gag me  Mika sat there all proud.  

I know! I can't roll my eyes as hard as I needed to until I've had a second cup of coffee.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

WAIT, WHAT??? they were in the *same* studio and we didn't get a single Mika-Kasie post-pandemic real human conversation? Noooo, I mean then what was the point? Mika and Kasie could actually have hosted a real show together, but instead it was 90% Florida Boxman Joe, as usual. Sigh. 

It's funny that Joe is shouting a lot at governors, but at the same time, I wonder what the MSNBC corporate rules are. Willie and Barnicle are still distancing, Willie and Joe and Mika haven't been in the same studio for a year, even Joe and Mika apparently can't go back into their small Florida 2-person studio yet, and Mika and Kasie, both in DC, can't talk to each other in the same room?

It's funny in all this talk of normal life they don't realize how starved we are of real human face-to-face unpretentious discussions on the tee-vee. 

51 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

For the life of me I don't understand why Joe (and Willie at times) is being so obtuse about masks. We've been knee-deep in a pandemic for a over a year and the previous administration deliberately kept the CDC's preventative guidelines from the public. I've had covid, I still have a persistent cough and I feel like I have tar in my lungs. If I choose to wear a mask for a few more weeks I don't think I'm ignoring science - I'm trying to be a halfway decent neighbor by not hacking over the tomatoes at Publix and squicking everyone out.

yeah, it's a really odd moment when there are news reports complaining about people being...too cautious? I get the mental health angle re: schools and other activities, but is there really any evidence that just putting a mask on in certain places is damaging people's mental health? All this strange anger and impatience about something that isn't actually harmful (taking up airtime from issues that actually are) is really strange, I feel like I'm missing something.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Who was the senator?

1 minute ago, Kemper said:

Who was the senator?

Not a senator, Jane Harman, former congresswoman of the California 36th. I agree with cb tho, it was a bit strange...!

Did Mika say that Liz Cheney wrote her a scathing letter?  She didn't say scathing, it was a word suggesting it was worse.  Mika said she was writing Liz in support.  And then she turned red and bent her head and awkward laughed.  
It was all so weird.  Did this happen or did I misinterpret?

And yeah, she and Kasie were on set and didn't talk to each other on camera.  wtf?  Why is Mika in DC, and why didn't they load the set with other hosts?  Man, this show...

• LOL 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika stumbled over the TelePrompter.

When I read this, the image that came to my mind was of Mika physically tripping over the actual teleprompter.

The thought made me laugh. I am easily amused.

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

When I read this, the image that came to my mind was of Mika physically tripping over the actual teleprompter.

Don't count that out. Anything is possible with this shit show. (Be on the lookout, Oakville!) Let me get this straight: She flew to DC to do her little side gig but left Joe in the bunker and didn't appear on camera with any of the DC regulars? How can this be? Has she officially left the "Co-host" job? Granted, she wouldn't be missed but how her tired trope of women's empowerment gobbledegook gets any attention at all, today, in 2021, is just baffling. Plus, what's with her instagram...shilling the DBT book by her friend? Is she an influencer now, too?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

The image that came to my mind was of Mika physically tripping over the actual teleprompter.

The thought made me laugh. I am easily amused.

There must be something wrong with the size of the script on the TelePrompter for her to misread so many words per day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh and then Mika posted this!! But none of this joyful reunion thing happened on-air, they didn't even announce they were in the same place!! I miss when happy human milestones were part of this show, after the year we've had I was looking forward to the camaraderie returning

I forgot to say, I love Carol Leonnig and she was awesome, altho her book is.... alarming (I wanted to add an adjective, but I'm being good).... Yikes. Also Jane Harman in red with her red art is A plus... trying to figure out what it is she has. The sort of pale elongated horse against the red is beautiful, and I was wondering if it's Mary Magdelene on the right crouching in front of the two figures, hmm. Either way, zoom composition of the whole frame is just.. *chef's kiss*

• Love 1

Did anyone catch Mika at the top of the 6:00am hour welcoming everyone to the show by saying it's Monday, May 18th when in fact, it's Tuesday, May 18th.  Never mind not being able to read the teleprompter, she can't even get the day right at the start of the show!  Also, how many days in a row is Joe going to wear that fleece jacket?  It's been about 3-4 already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Also, how many days in a row is Joe going to wear that fleece jacket?  It's been about 3-4 already.

But today's was a totally different color! Signifying...idk what.

Maybe as we're recovering from a pandemic  the cable news folks were told to change things up a bit. Don Lemon was told to change the name of his show, Joe was told to act like he can't be bothered?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

But today's was a totally different color! Signifying...idk what.

the weirdest part to me is that Joe has kids!! does he never ask them about advice on this stuff?

The fleece/sweater + glasses is...*vaguely* hipster professor-ish, and he could maybe pull it off for another 3-5 years, max.

But the fleece *without* glasses and uncombed hair just looks unkempt and bizarre and screams "my wife is out of town and I'm eating cat food straight from the can and yelling at neighborhood kids to get off my lawn* 

bless his heart.

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

If she was dumb enough to put those thoughts on Twitter then she is responsible.  No one forced her to express herself in that way. 

when she was sixteen, though? Seriously, at sixteen?? I can't even begin to describe the stupid stuff I did and thought and wrote and said as a teenager 🥴

None of it was racist, but a lot of it was incredibly stupid, and several situations I was in were downright creepy, and dangerous, a lot were disappointing and depressing, and I also had the humiliation of having to go online as an adult and delete embarrassing Harry Potter fanfiction written by my thirteen year old self 😂 trust me, guys, it. was. bad.

i'm guessing the reason she didn't delete the tweets was that she probably FORGOT she even wrote them, because the lines between social media and real life, public and private spaces, are never properly explained from the outset, they are just blurred along the way, and become exhausting until you deliberately educate yourself (if you can!!) to take the step to shrug them off and try to look at them from the outside, but if you're not taught to actively do that, then there is no space, no grace, and ultimately the whole thing is just this deeply unfair quaqmire you're pretty much born into. 

I don't know how else to describe it... yeah, I know, this particular debate has dragged on too long, I apologize //rant over. I'm personally happy to see Alexi back, but I totally accept that there are different opinions about this, and that's fair, ymmv

• Love 2
6 hours ago, neona said:

the weirdest part to me is that Joe has kids!! does he never ask them about advice on this stuff?

The fleece/sweater + glasses is...*vaguely* hipster professor-ish, and he could maybe pull it off for another 3-5 years, max.

But the fleece *without* glasses and uncombed hair just looks unkempt and bizarre and screams "my wife is out of town and I'm eating cat food straight from the can and yelling at neighborhood kids to get off my lawn* 

bless his heart.

Longtime viewers of Morning Joe remember that when Joe separated from his wife in Sept 2012, he wore a fleece sweater on set daily. Joe also ate cereal during the show & on many occasions there were milk & corn flakes on his sweater during the show. Joe also spilt milk on the desk & Mika had a hard time reading her notes which had milk & cereal on the paper. Viewers pleaded with MSNBC to let Joe wear a bib or napkin under his neck while broadcasting, but Joe refused.

Mika agreed to lay out Joe's suits after his divorced was finalized in early 2013.

Mika said that she liked getting Joe dressed for the show & would show up in their private dressing room early to get him ready for the show.

Joe was in a much happier mood with the new arrangement & viewers were happy that Joe was wearing suits in early 2013.

• LOL 2

Recap of Monday's show continued. I would love to see Mika & Joe on below Deck.

Richard Haas showed up to recommend that the USA go to the Security Council and ask for a ceasefire.

Biden is busy with other issues.

Joe was blowing his nose throughout the interview which disrupted the sound.

Mika is happy that Liz Cheney is speaking out against Trump.

Mika read a lit of polls. Republicans still support Trump.

• Love 4

Joe is upset with Trump supporters that post on Facebook.

Kasie said Liz Cheney is trying to expand the GOP tent.

Kasie was happy that Cheney criticized Fox News.

Eddie Glaude is worried about Trump supporters.

Joe admitted that he was wrong about Trump's popularity. Trumpism is still popular after the election.

Joe forgot that people have been complaining about rigged elections since 2000.

Joe told Richard Haas that he is worried about deficits & inflation.

• Love 4
(edited)

Recap for Kemper about Florida.

Rebekah Jones was a whistleblower who worked for the state of Florida. She alleged that the state of Florida was under reporting CoronaVirus deaths. She said that  DeSantis was out to get her & her home was raided. She never had access to the data.

Charles Cooke was the reporter. Joe's neighbor, Palm Beach State attorney Aronberg was also a guest.

Cooke said she was a fabulist. Cooke said that Rachel Maddow, Joy Ann Reid , Charlie Crist & Nikki Freed agreed with her story .

He's throwing shade at the stars of MSNBC.

Jones has raised 500K in donations.

Cooke said it's not a political dispute but she is lying.

She called a Deputy Director of Health is  a murderer.

Jones was responsible the state dashbord. She didn't have access to the raw data.

She isn't an epidimeologist. She claimed she was fired for not fudging the numbers.

She was fired for insubordination.

Her personal computer had hacked into the state database & accessed personnel records of 19,000 state employees.

She made many epidimieological claims that were untrue.

Cooke is upset that no one else investigated this matter. If it was true, De Santis would be in trouble.

Joe made a joke about him not wearing scarfs.

Cooke said she set up the camera when her house was raided . Her claims of Gestapo tactics were false. They showed it Morning Joe.

She is awaiting 2 trials.

Aronberg called her an imperfect messenger. LOL!

Aronberg said a newspaper &  the Sun Sentinel reported that data was suppressed & that there were cases of Covid in Florida in January 2020.

Joe said Democrats should stop using her as a source to battle Ron DeSantis.

Aronberg admitted that no one had corroberated her claims.

Aronberg is upset that Dr Scott Atlas advised DeSantis. Atlas was opposed to mask mandates. Mika started moaning.

Aronberg said that deaths were undereported in Florida.

Mika said Good Lord ! Aronberg was opposed to Florida having hydrocloxiriuoine.

Joe got mad at Aronberg because Rebekah is spreading false information.

No more invites to the Scarborough estate for Councillor Aronberg. Joe said she should not be on the witness stand.

Aronberg agreed with Joe!

Everything is not hunky dory in the state of Florida.

Cooke mocked Aronberg for saying that viewers should realize that he doesn't want to talk about Rebekah Jones. !

Aronberg" I dropped the case against the New England Patriots owner Kraft for soliciting prostitutes in a massage parlor despite video evidence" smirked & had sun in his eyes.

Cooke said that Rebekah told the AP that she admitted there was no tampering with the Covid Data.

It's not good to smear the state about the data.

The numbers are Kosher.

Joe called Aronberg his friend.  Aronberg admitted he didn't have a charming British accent like Cooke. He said Florida was not transparent.

He said he was a prosecutor that sticks to the fact. Joe  told Charles to wear a scarf

Mika said she Rebekah was a bad witness but bad things happened in Florida.

I must admit that was one of the best debates in years on Morning Joe.

Joe rarely allows guests that are supportive of Ron DeSantis.

I am shocked that Joe went after Aronberg, who was a frequent supporter of Joe last year when he complained about Trump.

I remember when Aronberg said that Trump would be evicted from Mar A Largo if he tried to live there. He was wrong since the Town attorney did not pursue any eviction of Trump.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Kemper said:

Packing for a trip so missed out on a really lively, sometimes snarky, conversation regarding a a whistle-blower in Florida about something DeSantis has done.  One guest was British and deliberately charming; the other was maybe an attorney or some such. I enjoyed both.  According to Joe, this whistle-blower (female) is maybe shady; both guests strongly disagreed. With each other. Joe agreed with the Brit.  At the end, the attorney made a remark about the scarf the Brit had on.  Shade!  I so wish I had seen this from the beginning and paid attention.

Oakville...please tell me you will recap this particular discussion!  I have not done it justice.

I recapped it for you.

Cooke clobbered Aronberg. It's rare that Morning Joe allows debates.

Joe basically agreed with Cooke about the whistleblower not being a reliable witness.

• Love 3

Oakville... that post was fabulous! It made me wish I had seen the entire thing while eating popcorn and drinking a Slurpy. What on God’s Green Earth is wrong with Florida?

Today I have eaten shrimp for three meals..then Key Lime Pie with wine for dessert. But the cherry-on-top was your explanation of that discussion yesterday. It must have been a parody of “who’s on first”.... starring Joe Scarborough and his band of merry people.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville... that post was fabulous! It made me wish I had seen the entire thing while eating popcorn and drinking a Slurpy. What on God’s Green Earth is wrong with Florida?

Today I have eaten shrimp for three meals..then Key Lime Pie with wine for dessert. But the cherry-on-top was your explanation of that discussion yesterday. It must have been a parody of “who’s on first”.... starring Joe Scarborough and his band of merry people.

Florida has many strange people. I have enjoyed my many visits to the state.

We hope to go back later this fall when the borders re open !

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

One positive outcome of the fleece is it's a super easy Halloween costume.  Fleece, tie, oxford, pajamas, flip flops, rant.  I'm taller than Joe (and my name is Joe), but my eyes are normal distance apart and I have better hair.  I could wear a Beaker mask, I suppose.  Wife is already bright blonde, and it'd be easy to have fun with Louboutin/sheath Mika, or Bathrobe Barbie Mika.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I have a bit of a different take on Cooke's appearance. Granted I now live in FLA with a strong opinion of DeSantis, but Cooke opening with slamming Maddow, Reid, etc took away from his argument. He went after Jones in a follow-up piece after his MJ segment and it was almost unreadable. Jones may be a liar, a victim or a little of both but I'm with Aronberg on this - Florida ain't right.

11 hours ago, oakville said:

Longtime viewers of Morning Joe remember that when Joe separated from his wife in Sept 2012, he wore a fleece sweater on set daily. Joe also ate cereal during the show & on many occasions there were milk & corn flakes on his sweater during the show. Joe also spilt milk on the desk & Mika had a hard time reading her notes which had milk & cereal on the paper. Viewers pleaded with MSNBC to let Joe wear a bib or napkin under his neck while broadcasting, but Joe refused.

Willie finally addressed the fleece this morning! Bc of course Donny Deutsch had to interrupt one of Joe's many, many calls with ambassadors to ask Joe the meaning of the fleece strategy. Willie brought up the roadmap of college dorm-reminiscent meals visible on said fleece.

Mika, it's infectious disease not infection disease!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I have a bit of a different take on Cooke's appearance. Granted I now live in FLA with a strong opinion of DeSantis, but Cooke opening with slamming Maddow, Reid, etc took away from his argument. He went after Jones in a follow-up piece after his MJ segment and it was almost unreadable. Jones may be a liar, a victim or a little of both but I'm with Aronberg on this - Florida ain't right.

Willie finally addressed the fleece this morning! Bc of course Donny Deutsch had to interrupt one of Joe's many, many calls with ambassadors to ask Joe the meaning of the fleece strategy. Willie brought up the roadmap of college dorm-reminiscent meals visible on said fleece.

Mika, it's infectious disease not infection disease!

Rachel Maddow is a sworn enemy of Joe Scarborough, so I suspect Cooke wanted to get in Joe's good graces by slamming Maddow.

Joe is also a very good friend of Chris Matthews. Joe was opposed to the network's decision to force Matthews to retire early after he said that he was worried that Bernie Sanders supporters would lynch him in Central Park. Joe did not comment on Matthews sexually charged comments about Erin Burnett & other women that appeared on his show.

Mika & Joe reluctantly accepted the network's decision to replace Matthews with Joy Reid

I was shocked that Joe made some positive comments about Governor De Santis.

Joe was very critical of him last year & demanded he close the beaches in the Spring of 2020. Joe criticized DeSantis for not supporting masking in stores last year.

Joe was hopeful that support for DeSantis would collapse & the GOP would ask him to run for Governor in 2022.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Donny Deutsch had to interrupt one of Joe's many, many calls with ambassadors to ask Joe the meaning of the fleece strategy. Willie brought up the roadmap of college dorm-reminiscent meals visible on said fleece.

Donny doing god's work!! I love that he prioritized the Fleece Situation above World Peace, because it really is that bad. 

it's kinda cute how Joe thinks the ambassadors are calling him, not push their respective agendas (which is their actual job), but to....wait for it..."ask his opinion on how to solve this thing" <--- Joe's actual verbatim words, I can't even....yep, it's time to break out the Dr B...

GlNXxq.gif

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, neona said:

Donny doing god's work!! I love that he prioritized the Fleece Situation above World Peace, because it really is that bad. 

it's kinda cute how Joe thinks the ambassadors are calling him, not push their respective agendas (which is their actual job), but to....wait for it..."ask his opinion on how to solve this thing" <--- Joe's actual verbatim words, I can't even....yep, it's time to break out the Dr B...

GlNXxq.gif

ETA: just to clarify, i have no doubt that they probably *are* asking Joe his opinion... just not because they're interested in it, but because they are diplomats, and Joe wears his personality on his sleeve and it's so obvious that flattery is the way to go... I just cant overstate how much he needs Dr B type of people in his life to keep him grounded. Yikes.

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika agreed to lay out Joe's suits after his divorced was finalized in early 2013.

Mika said that she liked getting Joe dressed for the show & would show up in their private dressing room early to get him ready for the show.

Joe was in a much happier mood with the new arrangement & viewers were happy that Joe was wearing suits in early 2013.

Good times, indeed.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

one of Joe's many, many calls with ambassadors

Which ambassadors? His brother in law, Mark Brzezinski? The former ambassador to Sweden? Only 1 ambassador has been confirmed so far in this administration and only 9 or 10 have been nominated. A bit disingenuous to pretend that his chats with Mark about what to get Mika for her birthday count as diplomatic strategy sessions. (And, if Joe thinks his wisdom on everything worldly and governmental is in such great demand, why didn't he accompany his wife to DC to meet with the actual diplomats and politicians?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Which ambassadors? His brother in law, Mark Brzezinski? The former ambassador to Sweden? Only 1 ambassador has been confirmed so far in this administration and only 9 or 10 have been nominated. A bit disingenuous to pretend that his chats with Mark about what to get Mika for her birthday count as diplomatic strategy sessions. (And, if Joe thinks his wisdom on everything worldly and governmental is in such great demand, why didn't he accompany his wife to DC to meet with the actual diplomats and politicians?)

Maybe this post wins the week!  Especially that last sentence. 

Actually this show is now two separate shows.  Joe's rants and braggadocio and Meeka's KYV segments.  Oh, for the days of spilled cereal, fleece, messy desks and engaged hosts.  (Engaged hosts! Pun?)

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

i'm gonna give Joe some credit and say he was probably talking about the diplomats who have been on the show this week....Ron Dermer (former Israeli amb to the US), Riyad Mansour and Majed Bamya (Palestinian ambassadors to the UN) Husam Zumlot (head of the Palestinian mission to the UK), Mark Regev (senior advisor to Bibi).

and to be fair, he has actually has been fairly respectful and non-shouty with all of them. Buuuut the idea that they are all calling Joe for Advice! and Solutions! is still pretty hilarious 

• Love 2

agggh Mika was off, and it. was. bad. It was Florida Boxman Catfood-Stained Fleece Joe all by his fullscreen rambling self....gaaah....Mika please come baaaack.....

To be fair, tho, I actually liked the extra the baseball talk, although I have no idea about baseball, but it cheers me up when they are all happy and relaxed when discussing it, so it's nice.

Also, I've decided to be an Orioles and Cardinals fan, not because i know or care about baseball, but because those are Kasie and Claire's teams, and they are the only women who are ever included in the sports discussions. #teamkasieandclaire

Jake Tapper was on! It's weird, i feel like I *know*, intellectually, that the CNN people are better journalists, and maybe even better humans!! but I just can't bring myself to switch over because they are so damn dull and cardboard-ish. It's like we are all in a morning MSNBC Stockholm syndrome kind of situation, hmmm 🤔🥴

• Love 2
12 hours ago, neona said:

i'm gonna give Joe some credit and say he was probably talking about the diplomats who have been on the show this week....Ron Dermer (former Israeli amb to the US), Riyad Mansour and Majed Bamya (Palestinian ambassadors to the UN) Husam Zumlot (head of the Palestinian mission to the UK), Mark Regev (senior advisor to Bibi).

and to be fair, he has actually has been fairly respectful and non-shouty with all of them. Buuuut the idea that they are all calling Joe for Advice! and Solutions! is still pretty hilarious 

Long time viewers of Morning Joe remember that Joe did set up a 1-800-CALL-JOE hotline for foreign leaders to use when they wanted advice on political issues.

The show would have clips of Joe on the phone with the President of Uruguay who asked Joe about trade issues with Argentina. Joe recommended cutting tariffs. The president thanked Joe for his wise council.

• LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Long time viewers of Morning Joe remember that Joe did set up a 1-800-CALL-JOE hotline for foreign leaders to use when they wanted advice on political issues.

The show would have clips of Joe on the phone with the President of Uruguay who asked Joe about trade issues with Argentina. Joe recommended cutting tariffs. The president thanked Joe for his wise council.

i know y'all are trolling, and it's hilarious, but the fact that it's all a vaguely believable premise in the Florida Joe Universe! is still pretty cray-cray.

the *only* journalists I can ever imagine being asked for their actual opinions and expertise in foreign policy are Christiane Amanpour and yes, Andrea Mitchell, and I know some of you don't like her, but she's very clearly the real deal imo. The rest are foreign policy bumbling sophists who are being twisted around lil fingers without even knowing it

and just because it can never be said enough, damn, how I miss Dr B. 😂😭❤️

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, neona said:

i know y'all are trolling, and it's hilarious, but the fact that it's all a vaguely believable premise in the Florida Joe Universe! is still pretty cray-cray.

the *only* journalists I can ever imagine being asked for their actual opinions and expertise in foreign policy are Christiane Amanpour and yes, Andrea Mitchell, and I know some of you don't like her, but she's very clearly the real deal imo. The rest are foreign policy bumbling sophists who are being twisted around lil fingers without even knowing it

and just because it can never be said enough, damn, how I miss Dr B. ❤️

There was a show a few years ago where Joe left his cellphone on the set table. It rang during the show, & Joe picked it up & said it was a foreign leader on the Caller ID. Joe said he would call him back after the show but refused to name the leader .

Richard Haas &  Admiral Stravidis seem to have an understanding on foreign policy issues.

The show used to have Israeli officials on the show during the Obama administration.

Joe was offered the key to the city of Jerusalem by one guest about 8 years ago given his strong support for Israel while he was in Congress. 

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, neona said:

agggh Mika was off, and it. was. bad. It was Florida Boxman Catfood-Stained Fleece Joe all by his fullscreen rambling self....gaaah....Mika please come baaaack.....

To be fair, tho, I actually liked the extra the baseball talk, although I have no idea about baseball, but it cheers me up when they are all happy and relaxed when discussing it, so it's nice.

Also, I've decided to be an Orioles and Cardinals fan, not because i know or care about baseball, but because those are Kasie and Claire's teams, and they are the only women who are ever included in the sports discussions. #teamkasieandclaire

Jake Tapper was on! It's weird, i feel like I *know*, intellectually, that the CNN people are better journalists, and maybe even better humans!! but I just can't bring myself to switch over because they are so damn dull and cardboard-ish. It's like we are all in a morning MSNBC Stockholm syndrome kind of situation, hmmm 🤔🥴

I find the baseball talk boring and annoying. It revolves around Joe's obsession with the Red Sox and for extra obnoxiousness, he has his drinking buddies, Jonathan Lamere and Mike Barnicle on to join in on trash talking the New York Yankees while droning on about how great the Red Sox are in every way...OMG! Talk about alienating your audience! Thank god Willie is there to throw some snark back at these blowhards. 

If I wanted to watch three assholes sit around and bloviate about their favorite team I would go over to ESPN or MLB Network and find a show that does that...but I don't want to watch 15-20 minutes of three Red Sox fanboys kissing Red Sox ass when there are real serious news issues that I would like to be informed on and hear about. Honestly, I don't know Mika can stand to live with Joe...he's got an ego the size of Canada and drones on everyday about the same stuff...his obsession with people still wearing masks and the Red Sox. And his "I'm just a country lawyer" schtick is stale and stupid. I think Mika should do the show with Willie and let Joe retire and join his buddy Chris Matthews up in Nantucket...he could easily get to Fenway Park from there once or twice a month to watch games in person and then do a podcast with his buddy Barnicle about how great the Red Sox are. Now that's a retirement plan. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, oakville said:

The show used to have Israeli officials on the show during the Obama administration.

Joe was offered the key to the city of Jerusalem by one guest about 8 years ago given his strong support for Israel while he was in Congress. 

They've had at least 2 Israeli diplomats on this week and Mark Regev, who's a current advisor to Bibi.

if Joe has a key to Jerusalem, maybe he should use it, to see what life is actually like for the people who live there 

gaaah I'm glad there's a ceasefire, these flare-ups are always exhausting. And to be honest, the only real-ish journalistic coverage of the issue I've seen has been from John Oliver, of all people.

11 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville, bless your heart for the recaps and comments.  What would we do without you?  

this, a thousand times this!! thanks for always making us laugh, I love reading the recaps when having a bad day

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
(edited)

I passed through the show on Tuesday, the day after Joe Biden visited the Ford Plant.  The clip of Biden driving the electric F-150 pickup truck was played

She really said 'I want one of those for my birthday'.  She went on to say 'I've already got a truck, but having an electric truck would be better'.

What a display of privilege.    She really draws me in as a viewer with the way I can identify with her.  Yeah baby, buy me a truck for my birthday just like Joe & Mika do.

(Miss you guys some days, but not J & M and their clown posse)

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

so which is it?? To be fair, I'm pretty sure Joe's assessment of the show's demographics are right, and no DJT supporters are actually watching, and yet, we have to watch endless, yelling, exhausting, dull-ass weknowdis segments aimed at people who, according to joe, aren't actually watching.....siiiiiiiiiigh

and it's always "you" this "you" that, but none of us are "you", they are Joe's friends who exist out there somewhere, but aren't actual viewers.... 

I wanna be fair to Joe and say that I agree with the general sentiment, but wtf is with the yelling at *us* instead of the ppl who actually deserve it....

ETA: and none of us are getting info from uhh Chinese websites....but Joe is still all "you don't want to know the truth"...but none of the "you"s he's talking to are watching??? he's just yelling, on a Friday, at people who already agree with him and are so.tired. DUDE. if you wanna help, fight for us, don't yell at us...

ETA2: edited because of language!!! I'm trying to be good and respectful now but also am not a morning person....apologies 🥴 

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

Aaaaand now, three dudes on an ALL-MALE MUSIC PANEL (because women don't like music???) being all "congratulations to the go-go's" for being the first all-female band....

*primal scream*

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

I passed through the show on Tuesday, the day after Joe Biden visited the Ford Plant.  The clip of Biden driving the electric F-150 pickup truck was played

She really said 'I want one of those for my birthday'.  She went on to say 'I've already got a truck, but having an electric truck would be better'.

What a display of privilege.    She really draws me in as a viewer with the way I can identify with her.  Yeah baby, buy me a truck for my birthday just like Joe & Mika do.

(Miss you guys some days, but not J & M and their clown posse)

Long time viewers of Morning Joe remember that Mika & Barnicle made a bet over whether Trump would be the nominee. Mika wantes a Toyota truck back then. barnicle ended buying her a toy truck.

https://lawandcrime.com/video/mike-barnacle-may-be-legally-on-the-hook-to-pay-up-after-morning-joes-mika-brzezinski-correctly-predicted-trumps-success/

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, neona said:

Aaaaand now, three dudes on an ALL-MALE MUSIC PANEL (because women don't like music???) being all "congratulations to the go-go's" for being the first all-female band....

*primal scream*

The “three dudes” are on the music panel because the “dudette” has no interest and would only be the proverbial wet blanket.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, neona said:

so which is it?? To be fair, I'm pretty sure Joe's assessment of the show's demographics are right, and no DJT supporters are actually watching, and yet, we have to watch endless, yelling, exhausting, dull-ass weknowdis segments aimed at people who, according to joe, aren't actually watching.....siiiiiiiiiigh

and it's always "you" this "you" that, but none of us are "you", they are Joe's friends who exist out there somewhere, but aren't actual viewers.... 

I wanna be fair to Joe and say that I agree with the general sentiment, but wtf is with the yelling at *us* instead of the ppl who actually deserve it....

ETA: and none of us are getting info from uhh Chinese websites....but Joe is still all "you don't want to know the truth"...but none of the "you"s he's talking to are watching??? he's just yelling, on a Friday, at people who already agree with him and are so. fucking. tired. DUDE. if you wanna help, FIGHT FOR US, don't YELL AT US

Joe's claim about ratings are dubious at best. The ratings for Morning Joe & other cable networks did rise when Trump was running for the nomination. There may have been a few shows when Bernie Sanders or Chris Christie appeared that provided a ratings bump, but this was very rare.

Joe doesn't realize that Trump's appearances on Morning Joe's were widely shared on social media & other networks which gave the show free publicity.

The show also attracted many viewers who tuned in for " Trump's train wreck appearances"

If Trump was that bad for Morning Joe's  ratings  why would the show let him appear by phone or in person whenever he wanted for over a year ?

I used to call the show Morning Trump , because that is all they were talking about  on the show during that period.

• Love 5

Good grief, Joe has to be the Alpha Male ego maniac even on Twitter.  Since I don’t have a Twitter account I am ignorant on something.  Since Joe’s says “@joenbc or some such....it is an account with the network? Not his own personal account?