Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Of course she did. We all know Mika is the center of Mika's world. She always finds a way to make herself and her little project the focus. I would venture to say that just about every age group has been struggling and some may have trouble adjusting to life's changes. It is offensive that she singles out her age group over others.

I saw you were up early recapping this morning Oakville. What did it take for that shift...Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's?!

I find it hilarious that Mika mentioned her own demographic profile as having mental health issues from the virus. Everyone is suffering from this.

Mika is oblivious to the thousands of Floridians that have died from the virus as well as the economic damage done to the state of Florida from the loss of tourism etc.

I remember Mika complaining last fall that she was late for her spa appointment due to extra traffic around the local food bank.

I had coffee while catching up with yesterday's show. Mimosa's sounds tempting !

• Love 5

During interview with Ashley Parker...Meeka talking over Joe!! Him not liking it! Then he goes into Lindsey Graham drawl. Then Meeka turns her head to talk to him while they are on separate screens. Ashley P looks so tired but rolls with the Twins.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Kemper said:

During interview with Ashley Parker...Meeka talking over Joe!! Him not liking it! Then he goes into Lindsey Graham drawl. Then Meeka turns her head to talk to him while they are on separate screens. Ashley P looks so tired but rolls with the Twins.

I caught the first 10 minutes of the show, and assumed Mika & Joe were going to get in the way of reporting the news today.  I guess I was right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Monday recap. The show opened up with a clip from SNL about awkward quarantine conversations.

Mika & Joe laughed at the clip.

The first story was cyberattacks on pipelines.

Mika complained about cyberattacks on TelePrompters which cause broadcasters to flub their lines.

The cyberattack was probably done by Russian criminal groups.

Joe was surprised that Boris Johnson's Conservatives did very well in local & byelections.

Ed Luce said the red Labor party wall is crumbling. There may be another Scottish referendum.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe compared the rise of Conservatives in the UK north to the rise of Republicans in Wisconsin & Pennsylvania.

Joe forgot his talking points from last week that the GOP is doomed everywhere.

Steve Ratner said that there is economic dislocation in the UK. Steve used to work for the Times in the UK.

Mika discussed shootings in Time Square.

Joe was happy that Andrew Yang does not support defunding the police.

Joe said it is important to have a police force.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was happy that Andrew Yang does not support defunding the police.

Joe said it is important to have a police force.

Wow! And he gets paid the big bucks for his insights. Kudos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Wow! And he gets paid the big bucks for his insights. Kudos.

During the BLM protests last year, Joe complained they had to pay for increased security fees at the gated community that he lives in with Mika. However, Joe did say that he supported paying more for security because he was opposed to any looting in his neighborhood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I swear, we have smarter, deeper, funnier discussions on this thread than there are on this show.  And we work for free!  Maybe we could persuade Heilemann to join us.  I have a feeling he would fit in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, oakville said:

Mika said women over 50 will struggle with mental health as a result of the pandemic.

Granted, every demographic has people who struggled during the pandemic, but Mika has this backward. Women under 50 faced a unique challenge because they are more likely to have school age children. In this country, the mother is typically the one primarily responsible for the care of the kids, so when childcare shut down and school went remote, they were left with difficult choices. Many had no option but to leave the workplace.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Granted, every demographic has people who struggled during the pandemic, but Mika has this backward. Women under 50 faced a unique challenge because they are more likely to have school age children.

This is so true. Excellent point. (As Kemper said, this group has deeper knowledge and insight than the overpaid dolts we are subjected to.) Again, Mika can only relate to herself. She just doesn't see the big picture, ever.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

At one point that woman looked like she was caught in the middle of an awkward dinner party fight and just wanted to go home.

Again, another show that really ticked me off. First, Joe launches his nuanced and informed stance of It's Time To Get Rid Of Masks. Now, I'm good with restrictions being lifted but Joe's pronouncements are based on nothing but his personal feelings. If Mika said one more time that '50% of Americans have received their first shot' I was gonna lose it. I was advised that I would not be considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after my second shot. Watching a news show I'd like a little more insight into why Joe thinks "it's time" we all lose the masks (other than FENWAY).

But the Philip Roth segment absolutely set my hair on fire. We are at an age where artists are able to garner so much fame, wealth and (most importantly & undeservedly) influence; I understand writers are a bit of a different arena however Joe brought up musicians as well. I think it's incredibly difficult as you get older to watch pretty terrible people be celebrated as icons who incur zero consequences - to the point it may be difficult if not impossible to appreciate their work. I'm not advocating censorship and I'm not condemning people who can look the other way - I'm just really pissed that an educated man could not present a thoughtful question as to why some of us feel differently than him, instead qualifying his own POV as "adult" and "mature". 

One positive: I really appreciated the efforts of the WaPo critic repeatedly telling all the other guests that they were lying! (the book is still available)

/rant over. However I reserve the right to resurrect this rant depending on how fast I finish this bottle of fume blanc.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

Granted, every demographic has people who struggled during the pandemic, but Mika has this backward. Women under 50 faced a unique challenge because they are more likely to have school age children. In this country, the mother is typically the one primarily responsible for the care of the kids, so when childcare shut down and school went remote, they were left with difficult choices. Many had no option but to leave the workplace.

Agreed. Can you imagine Mika trying to help her kids with online schooling while co hosting Morning Joe ?

Mka has complained that he was unable to earn income from her KYV seminars due to the pandemic.

1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

This is so true. Excellent point. (As Kemper said, this group has deeper knowledge and insight than the overpaid dolts we are subjected to.) Again, Mika can only relate to herself. She just doesn't see the big picture, ever.

Mika acknowledged last year that she had to temporarily lay off her housekeeper & chef due to the pandemic. The chef agreed to make some meals that could be frozen before eating.

Mika admitted that frozen kale & tofu meals don't taste good as good if they are defrosted.

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika acknowledged last year that she had to temporarily lay off her housekeeper & chef due to the pandemic. The chef agreed to make some meals that could be frozen before eating.

Mika admitted that frozen kale & tofu meals don't taste good as good if they are defrosted.

The humanity!  I have to wonder how Meeka would have handled having two boys instead of the two girls.  Or one of each.  There are two, aren't there?  

But come on...the fake "sitting in separate offices" squares.  And then one of them (guess who?) forgets and looks over at her partner.  While they are in separate squares.  And yet, that is why we come here to post.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

At one point that woman looked like she was caught in the middle of an awkward dinner party fight and just wanted to go home.

Again, another show that really ticked me off. First, Joe launches his nuanced and informed stance of It's Time To Get Rid Of Masks. Now, I'm good with restrictions being lifted but Joe's pronouncements are based on nothing but his personal feelings. If Mika said one more time that '50% of Americans have received their first shot' I was gonna lose it. I was advised that I would not be considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after my second shot. Watching a news show I'd like a little more insight into why Joe thinks "it's time" we all lose the masks (other than FENWAY).

/rant over. However I reserve the right to resurrect this rant depending on how fast I finish this bottle of fume blanc.

I would like to try fume blanc wine. In Canada, it is usually priced at twice the cost of regular Sauvignon Blanc.

I find it hilarious that Joe is trying some "hot takes" on the Coronavirus protocols.

Joe should be embarrassed that he supported having his neighbor. "Dr Dave spinal surgeon" as the top expert for the show on infectious diseases. I remember that "Dr Dave" told Morning Joe viewers in February 2020 that there was a very low risk that the virus would affect Americans.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The humanity!  I have to wonder how Meeka would have handled having two boys instead of the two girls.  Or one of each.  There are two, aren't there?  

But come on...the fake "sitting in separate offices" squares.  And then one of them (guess who?) forgets and looks over at her partner.  While they are in separate squares.  And yet, that is why we come here to post.

It's absurd that Mika & Joe continue this charade of pretending to be in separate squares while broadcasting from the Jupiter breakfast nook. They were seated together in Washington last week.

The separate squares allows Joe to leave the show whenever he gets bored with interviewing Senators, Governors, Cabinet Secretaries or Ambassadors.

Joe should demand that the show focus on the Boston Red Sox MLB team & the English Premier Soccer League  when they aren't discussing how the Republican party is doomed.

It's amusing that Joe hasn't brought up his former friend, Congressman Charlie Crist running for Governor of Florida..

Long time viewers remember how Mika & Joe spent the summer of 2010 away from their families on assignment frolicking with Governor Crist when Florida had the oil spill & Crist was running for the GOP Senate primary.

• Love 4
(edited)

Joe is angry that Lindsey Graham said that the Republicans cannot move forward without Trump.  Joe said that he used to do town halls when he was in Congress.   

I doubt that any Republicans will take his call, but Joe thinks that the leaders of the party care about his town halls  in Pensacola in 2000.  Joe would give out popcorn and cookies and show highlights of his year in review.  Maybe he can advise the Republicans about making VHS tapes.Joe has his finger on the pulse of the GOP.

I can't wait for Joe's exclusive interview with Liz Cheney.  I'm sure he's first on her list.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Joe is angry that Lindsey Graham said that the Republicans cannot move forward without Trump.  Joe said that he used to do town halls when he was in Congress.   

I doubt that any Republicans will take his call, but Joe thinks that the leaders of the party care about his town halls  in Pensacola in 2000.  Joe would give out popcorn and cookies and show highlights of his year in review.  Maybe he can advise the Republicans about making VHS tapes.Joe has his finger on the pulse of the GOP.

I can't wait for Joe's exclusive interview with Liz Cheney.  I'm sure he's first on her list.

Sadly, I watched the first few minutes of Lawrence O’Donnell’s show last night.  I have never considered him a sycophant but he was laying on praise of Joe and MJ til my eyes rolled.  Joe is apparently an influencer of the highest order; both Republicans and Democrats tune in every day. Yada yada.  I could not believe it. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2021 at 12:16 PM, Kemper said:

she shoulda just pushed him aside instead and demanded a seat in the Royal Box!!

taking a break this week, i just can't with the Scarborough Optimus Maximus

I figured out i can just DVR Kasie and watch that when I wake up, idk why i never thought of that before.  she tells me everything I need to know in one hour and she doesn't yell! and she has sports segments and fun segments, etc

• Love 4

After the first 10 minutes or so I tuned out (this was the 6 am hour).  Every time I switched it back on they were discussing the same things.  Every time.  Trump, Liz Cheney, McCarthy, polls.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Sadly, I watched the first few minutes of Lawrence O’Donnell’s show last night.  I have never considered him a sycophant but he was laying on praise of Joe and MJ til my eyes rolled.

I don't watch him but wasn't surprised by this since I saw him being introduced as a panel guest on MJ yesterday. Wonder if he'll return the favor and have Joe on his show? Or was effusive praise pay-back enough? I don't care for him at all, personally. Wasn't there a bit of a dust up between LO'D and Joe at some time?

Every time I switched it back on they were discussing the same things.  Every time.  Trump, Liz Cheney, McCarthy, polls.

Same here. Do they ever discuss the Biden agenda? The trillion dollar infrastructure plan, the border crisis (dozens of border crossers are released almost weekly here from semi's by smugglers), the job situation, the hacking of the pipeline, the unrest in the Middle East, Russia, China, etc.? You know, current events? Instead we seem to get Trump, Trump, and Mika's "movement". Unwatchable.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Kemper said:

I swear, we have smarter, deeper, funnier discussions on this thread than there are on this show.  And we work for free!  Maybe we could persuade Heilemann to join us.  I have a feeling he would fit in.

Hi Kemper...
I would settle for Joe planning his questions in advance, then asking them in a concise, clear way.  Avoid the rambling.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, grommit2 said:

Hi Kemper...
I would settle for Joe planning his questions in advance, then asking them in a concise, clear way.  Avoid the rambling.  

I agree.  Maybe it boils down to not wanting to do much show prep...general laziness.  Riffing seems to be his thing now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So I was definitely half asleep when this was happening but this guy, Niall someone was talking about outdoor mask requirements and closing parks and beaches during the height of the pandemic being ridiculous. I swore I heard joe and maybe Mika agreeing with him to the hilt but I remember him showing pictures of crowded beaches everyday and ranting about social distancing not being adhered too. So like so many other times I think he forgets that his rants are on tape. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

I don't watch him but wasn't surprised by this since I saw him being introduced as a bit of a dust up between LO'D and Joe at some time?

Same here. Do they ever discuss the Biden agenda? The trillion dollar infrastructure plan, the border crisis (dozens of border crossers are released almost weekly here from semi's by smugglers), the job situation, the hacking of the pipeline, the unrest in the Middle East, Russia, China, etc.? You know, current events? Instead we seem to get Trump, Trump, and Mika's "movement". Unwatchable.

Joe & Lawrence fought over Trump's salary when he was on the Apprentice.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-and-odonnell-are-in-bizarre-spat-over-trumps-salary/

Just now, oakville said:

Joe & Lawrence fought over Trump's salary when he was on the Apprentice.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-and-odonnell-are-in-bizarre-spat-over-trumps-salary/

It turns out that Trump made at least a few hundred million from the show.

• Useful 1

Tuesday Recap. The show started off making fun of Lindsey Graham. Joe used a southern accent to make fun of Lindsey.

Joe said Lindsey flips on supporting Trump .

Joe forgot that he flip flopped on Trump numerous times between 2015-2017.

Joe talked about serving his district. People cried when Joe left Congress.

Joe rubbed his eyes talking about Cheney.

Joe started talking about young fish & old fish. Joe is worried about 75 million Trump supporters.

Joe is upset about Arizona recounts.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's Revisionist History Wednesday on MJ! Sure, Joe. You warned us about Trump. After you spent most of his campaign befriending & promoting him. After Teump had already showed the rest of us for the past 30 years exactly what he was.

Joe would like you to get off his Twitter feed if you feel the need to remind him of this.

Edited by chick binewski
Edited bc even in my frustration, spelling counts
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

It's Revisionist History Wednesday on MJ! Sure, Joe. You warned us about Trump. After you spent most of his campaign befriending & promoting him. After Teump had already showed the rest of us for the past 30 years exactly what he was.

Joe would like you to get off his Twitter feed if you feel the need to remind him of this.

This looks like a show to recap later today:)

Joe gets very upset when people remind him of his support for Trump.

Why won't twitter block any negative comments on his twitter feed ?

Joe considers himself to be one of the top political pundits in the USA.

If Jon Stewart's Daily Show was still on TV, they could have at least 30 minutes of clips of Mika & Joe joking with Trump & attacking Hillary Clinton for being unlikable.

• Love 5

I tuned in at 6am to see an old clip of Trump delivering a speech which was typical and not newsworthy, so I clicked away, as usual. Happened to return a bit later to see a big, modern, empty set with "Morning Joe" emblazoned on it and thought, OMG! They're back in NY! I waited through the commercial for the return and there they were: Boxed-in in FL.😠Why the tease? Do they always show the empty studio? What a waste. There is certainly no reason for them not to participate in normal broadcast operations. I clicked away for good.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I tuned in at 6am to see an old clip of Trump delivering a speech which was typical and not newsworthy, so I clicked away, as usual. Happened to return a bit later to see a big, modern, empty set with "Morning Joe" emblazoned on it and thought, OMG! They're back in NY! I waited through the commercial for the return and there they were: Boxed-in in FL.😠Why the tease? Do they always show the empty studio? What a waste. There is certainly no reason for them not to participate in normal broadcast operations. I clicked away for good.

Mika & Joe may be willing to appear in the NY Studio once a week when they move to Maine/Nantucket for their summer break.

Joe is working on getting free airplane tickets from Steve Ratner.

Mika should be able to book at least one KYV speaking engagement in NYC by then.

The continued focus on Donald Trump shows how out of touch the show is with the news.

Morning Joe reminds me of those "one hit wonder bands"  that used to play on MTV in the 1990's.

Joe must love the song, "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Morning Joe ratings on Monday fall to a new low of 0.04 (914K) total viewers with the key demographic 18-49

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-5-10-2021.html

Morning Joe is now ranked 119/150 top cable shows. Fox & Friends 8 am is ranked 37th with .14/1.394M viewers.

CNN New Day gets .07 (18-49) age group with 567K viewers.

Morning Joe's audience appears to be much older than 49, so I expect to see more ads that appeal to older viewers.

• Love 2

Wednesday Recap.

The opening clip is Dr Fauci vs Senator Rand Paul.

Joe compared it to  QAnon.

Long time viewers remember that Joe bragged that he voted for Rand Paul's dad, Dr Ron Paul in the 2012 GOP Primary. Joe used to mock Mitt Romney as a loser in 2012.

Joe is excited about Liz Cheney leading a movement like Margaret Thatcher in 1975 & President Reagan in 1966.

Joe said the Republican party no longer exists.

Mika was in a huddle with Forbes with women over 50. Liz Cheney is over 50 & may ualify to be interviewed by Mika.

Mika forgot that she routinely complained about Hillary Clinton who was over 50 when she ran for President in 2008 & 2016.

• Love 3
(edited)

Joe compared the USA to Poland & Hungary with the erosion of democracy.

Rev Al Sharpton is a special guest.

Joe forgot that he was a Congressman in Florida in 2000. He was involved in the recount of the votes in Florida. His district alone provided a large margin for George W Bush .

Joe was dating the future Susan Scarborough , a special aide of Governor Jeb Bush. He married Susan in October 2001. He divorced Melanie in 1999.

There is no record of Joe supporting VP Al Gore wanting to continue the recount in some districts.

There is no record of Joe complaining about the US Supreme Court intervening in the election to stop the recount & allow George W Bush to be declared President.

Joe thinks that viewers of his show have no memory.

Joe is a hypocrite because he didn't complain about the Republican tactics that were used to get George W Bush into the White House because he stood to benefit from having a Bush in the White House.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Joe said the Republican should be careful because Peggy Noonan & the WSJ editorial page support Liz Cheney. LOL

Joe is so out of touch with the current GOP.

Joe said the GOP needs the establishment support.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The show stopped covering Liz Cheney at 6 42 am.

The next topic was kids getting vaccines in Georgia.

Mika & Joe did not ask any questions of Dr McBride.

Mika flubbed the TelePrompter  at 6.49 am, & messed up the date unemployment benefits would end in some states. She apologized.

Dr Jeffrey Sachs came on the show to discuss unemployment.

Sachs was a popular guest who clashed with Joe during the Obama Presidency. Joe banished him for the show after losing several arguments to Sachs.

Sachs is excited about tax increases.

• Love 3

At 7 am, there was a clip of Trump bashing Liz Cheney in February 2021.

Joe is mad at Trump bashing McCain when he was dying from cancer.

Joe complained about Trump's dad getting him into Whaarton.

Joe forgot that his wife, Mika bragged about getting into Williams college with the lowest SAT scores in the school's history.

Joe is upset that people who voted for him when he was in Congress now support Trump.

Joe said he kept a copy of the Constitution in his pocket. I hope he didn't use that as a pickup line when he tried to date girls

• LOL 6
(edited)

At 7 04 am, Joe complained about Republicans not taking vaccines & comparing the Coronavirus to the flu.

Joe said he sang in the church choir & prayed with Republicans. He is upset that they are kicking out Liz Cheney from the caucus.

Joe said many of his friends offered him a kidney.

Joe is ranting about the new Testament. Bible Joe is back.

Mika is upset that Trump kept calling Joe a murderer.

Joe is demanding that Trump urge people to get a vaccine..

Joe forgot that he criticized Trump for rushing the vaccines before the election & that they would be poor quality. Joe was terrified that the FDA would approve a vaccine before the election because it would help Trump get votes .

Joe is ranting at people that criticize him on twitter.

Joe is mad that Trump would still get 75 million votes if the election was held today.

Joe is mad that Republicans could win the House in 2022.

Joe is outraged that is friends still support Trump.

Willie is shocked that Trump was still in the race after criticizing John McCain.

Willie forgets that he was on Morning Joe yukking it up with Mika & Joe when Trump was on the phone.

Willie forgets that he used to a co host with Tucker Carlson & supported Trump when he bashed Rosie O Donnell. 

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Reading these recaps...poor Oakville!  And seeing the past behavior of Willie with Tucker Carlson is stomach churning.  This show is beyond it's sell-by-date for all intents and purposes.  Joe is phoning it in, but Meeka is at least getting some satisfaction; it seems there are more segments on women and KYV.  Meeka, at least, is winning.  The viewers...not so much.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Reading these recaps...poor Oakville!  And seeing the past behavior of Willie with Tucker Carlson is stomach churning.  This show is beyond it's sell-by-date for all intents and purposes.  Joe is phoning it in, but Meeka is at least getting some satisfaction; it seems there are more segments on women and KYV.  Meeka, at least, is winning.  The viewers...not so much.  

I almost finished a  bottle wine before I got to recapping the show at 7 20 am.

I was watching CNBC this morning. They were able to cover the hacked pipeline affecting gas stations in the South East, the new inflation rates  as well the missiles being launched between Israel & Palestine. They also interviewed Eric Cantor who used to have Liz Cheney's job.

It's telling that Morning Joe has been unable to secure an interview with Liz Cheney in at least a few years.

It's baffling that Morning Joe is unable to cover any news stories but has to focus on Joe's personal vendetta against former President Trump.

20 minutes ago, Kemper said:

This show is beyond it's sell-by-date for all intents and purposes.  Joe is phoning it in, but Meeka is at least getting some satisfaction; it seems there are more segments on women and KYV.  Meeka, at least, is winning.  The viewers...not so much.  

Mika' KYV segment would help her more if the show had better ratings.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe ratings on Monday fall to a new low of 0.04 (914K) total viewers with the key demographic 18-49

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-5-10-2021.html

Morning Joe is now ranked 119/150 top cable shows. Fox & Friends 8 am is ranked 37th with .14/1.394M viewers.

CNN New Day gets .07 (18-49) age group with 567K viewers.

Morning Joe's audience appears to be much older than 49, so I expect to see more ads that appeal to older viewers.

Isn’t the dreaded Older Viewer the kiss of death for a tv show? Now THAT would get network’s honchos attention.

• Love 1

Isn’t the dreaded Older Viewer the kiss of death for a tv show? Now THAT would get network’s honchos attention.

Perhaps MSNBC will make an exception for Mika & Joe ?

Mika is trying to get women over 50 that look to her as a role model.

Joe can attract Boston Red Sox & UK soccer fans.

• LOL 3

Not clear why Alexi McCammond is being welcomed back like a prisoner of war but ok.

Mika was holding herself together for the most part until she had to read the DeGeneres article at the end of the first hour. And then she ranted at Michael Steele with a comeback I couldn't make sense of.

• Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Not clear why Alexi McCammond is being welcomed back like a prisoner of war but ok.

I suspect Mika likes Alexi's ethical lapses over the past year which resulted in getting her new boyfriend fired from the Biden Administration.  Alexi failed to disclose her romantic relationship with Ducklo while she was on Morning Joe during the campaign. Alexi had to quit her job at Axios & ended up getting fired from Teen Vogue over her racist anti Asian tweets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexi_McCammond#Controversies

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

And then she ranted at Michael Steele with a comeback I couldn't make sense of.

That's just when I tuned in. What the hell was that about? Prickly, confrontational, yell-ey Mika is not a good look. Fighting with Steele? Why? And when he asked "what would YOU do?" she really had nothing...Was this because Joe was off (not sure as I clicked away) and they felt the need for a fight to help ratings or fill time?

Didn't see the Alexi thing but the idea of promoting her again is distasteful to me. I wouldn't think Mika would accept her back d/t her ethical lapses hitting a little too close to home. But, again, the ratings...wouldn't she be in the demo they're after? Maybe that age group sees her in a different light than I do and would tune in to MJ to follow her?

Speaking of Axios...is Jonathan Swan on anymore? Caught him on Brett Baier's panel the other night...still just as swoon-worthy. Side note: Harold Ford, JR has been made a Fox contributer now, so he no longer has to say "thanks for having me on."

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Didn't see the Alexi thing but the idea of promoting her again is distasteful to me. I wouldn't think Mika would accept her back d/t her ethical lapses hitting a little too close to home. But, again, the ratings...wouldn't she be in the demo they're after? Maybe that age group sees her in a different light than I do and would tune in to MJ to follow her?

IIRC, the management at Teen Vogue tried to save Alexi's job by having a meeting between Alexi and her young staff. Alexi apologized to the staff for her racist tweets, but the staff would not accept it, so she had to resign.

It's amazing that within 1 year, Alexi dumped her fiance, got her new boyfriend fired, then quit her job at Axios then lost her job at Teen Vogue.

It would be fun if Mika gives her a KYV award.

The situation with Alexi remind me of Stephanie Ruhle, whose affair with the married CEO of Under Armour got him fired.

• Love 4

I'm still on break but I'm actually really happy to read on here that Alexi is back.

She wrote some dumb shit in on twitter in freakin *high school*. And yes, it was offensive, it was inexcusable, but she actually recognized that, took responsibility for it, and apologized without any ifs or buts. there's literally no reason why she shoulda been given the same treatment as the middle aged guys whipping out their penises in meetings and masturbating into plants. if we lose the ability to distinguish the nuances in these cases the whole endeavor just becomes pointless IMO

• Love 2