Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sugarbaker design

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

I used to call the show Morning Trump , because that is all they were talking about  on the show during that period.

Remember (maybe back in the TWOP days) when this thread used to call the show “Morning Douche” ... good times, indeed.  Seems like a hundred years and thousands of  frat boy rants ago.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, neona said:

Aaaaand now, three dudes on an ALL-MALE MUSIC PANEL (because women don't like music???) being all "congratulations to the go-go's" for being the first all-female band....

This is the second time in two weeks. Frankly I roll my eyes at any hall of fame talk but appreciate Joe speaking up for the NY Dolls.

Hey, Boston Globe dude - I need to work from home. Keep your poorly stated opion to yourself and stop staring at us. 

Mika's pearl-clutching at a deceitful British press was a bit much. Also, she totally bungled Kasie's name and ended up calling her the c word.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

Had some time to kill this morning so watched a few You Tube clips from today. Mika is just awful at reading the news/intro's to stories. She gets so tongue tied that many of the words come out garbled and her intonation is always off. Someone should tell her to run through her script before hand and just read it like it was written...let the story tell itself without the dramatic emphasis on words she thinks are important, which often aren't to others. I missed the Kasie thing but her explanation at the show's end about having her contacts in the wrong eyes was pretty amateurish. Some news pro. A couple times during the show there was a lot of rustling and microphone scratching while she was talking; made me think Joe was wandering on and off his set. I missed her friend Katty from the BBC...was she on to discuss the Diana thing? (That seat may have been a little hot for her today.) Missed the music thing...wouldn't have paid attention to it. However, the gender make-up of a panel on a punditry show wandering off course into the music scene would not enter my mind as a thing. (Actually, if Mika was included in such a thing, I might pay attention...her awkward attempts to pretend she knows about popular culture are quite enjoyable.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

They started the show two minutes early because Kasie had technical issues.  You could hear Joe putting on microphone,  all this scrathcing stuff.  MIka looked like a deer in the headlights.  Good Lord ,TWO MINUTES EARLY,  this proves Joe slides in probably at show time.  So unprofessional, disengaged, lazy.  

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Had some time to kill this morning so watched a few You Tube clips from today. Mika is just awful at reading the news/intro's to stories. She gets so tongue tied that many of the words come out garbled and her intonation is always off. Someone should tell her to run through her script before hand and just read it like it was written...let the story tell itself without the dramatic emphasis on words she thinks are important, which often aren't to others. I missed the Kasie thing but her explanation at the show's end about having her contacts in the wrong eyes was pretty amateurish. Some news pro. A couple times during the show there was a lot of rustling and microphone scratching while she was talking; made me think Joe was wandering on and off his set. I missed her friend Katty from the BBC...was she on to discuss the Diana thing? (That seat may have been a little hot for her today.) Missed the music thing...wouldn't have paid attention to it. However, the gender make-up of a panel on a punditry show wandering off course into the music scene would not enter my mind as a thing. (Actually, if Mika was included in such a thing, I might pay attention...her awkward attempts to pretend she knows about popular culture are quite enjoyable.)

Was Katty on the show ? Katty would be very uncomfortable trying to defend the BBC.

Katty took a risk in criticizing her network in 2017 for asking for higher pay for women.

I wonder if anyone on the panel would remember that Martin Bashir had to resign from the network in 2013 after calling Sarah Pallin an idiot.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/martin-bashir-resigns-msnbc-sarah-662111/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Kemper said:

The “three dudes” are on the music panel because the “dudette” has no interest and would only be the proverbial wet blanket.  

okay okay I call a truce.....! I'm trying to improve about the swearing, because I've thought about it, and I understand that it can be disrespectful and exhausting...And I apologize for not being careful about it in the past. But at the same time we are all different maybe socially, culturally etc and I would like to say that this generic language trolling is also maybe a little bit unkind

6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Mika's pearl-clutching at a deceitful British press was a bit much. 

yeh, this is weird??? I'm so sick of the Royal stuff....I don't like any of them, on either side of the bizarro-drama, and if we constantly have to hear about them, then what even was the point of 1776??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, freddi said:

Joe gets a good paycheck; can’t he ask a tailor to make him a comfy blazer so he does not have to wear a sweatshirt with zipper?  

ALSO...it's not January. It's late May...Iive in Virginia and it's close to 90 today...if Joe is in Florida, it's probably the same with high humidity. Just looking at him in fleece makes me break out in a sweat.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, neona said:

 

I have to admit that I have no idea what this is about.  I did the quotes to emphasize what I was trying to say.  It was supposed to be funny.  “Dude” is a very common descriptor...people (friends, family) say it all the time.  I thought “dudette” was clever. I would never use sarcasm to make a point and I feel badly that it was taken that way.  This has always been a fun, friendly, tolerant group.  If one feels comfortable using phrases and language that they enjoy, then please.  Let it fly.

1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

ALSO...it's not January. It's late May...Iive in Virginia and it's close to 90 today...if Joe is in Florida, it's probably the same with high humidity. Just looking at him in fleece makes me break out in a sweat.

Will take this to Small Talk. !!!

Just added:  my quote did not quote.  I was referencing the comments from Neona about my choice of quotes for Dude and Dudette.  

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I swear this happened this morning:  I tuned in just as Mika referenced an article in the Boston Globe newspaper and she called it Boston College.  I did not make this up.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have to admit that I have no idea what this is about.  I did the quotes to emphasize what I was trying to say.  It was supposed to be funny.  “Dude” is a very common descriptor...people (friends, family) say it all the time.  I thought “dudette” was clever. I would never use sarcasm to make a point and I feel badly that it was taken that way.  This has always been a fun, friendly, tolerant group.  If one feels comfortable using phrases and language that they enjoy, then please.  Let it fly.

it was the quotation marks that were maybe a lil snarky, but fair enough, my main point is, I apologize about the language thing in the past week, and we are all different, and maybe sometimes express ourselves a bit differently. And yes, I was being a lil brat, and I will try to do better, but also I don't like when you guys are mad at me. That's all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Thankfully this Board is only snarky when discussing: The Twins, Barnicle, LeMire, Katty K, Donny D, Mark Halperin, KYV, tales of When I Was in Congress, Noah Rothman, sometimes Meacham, all suck-ups (sadly that now includes Lawrence O’Donnell), wanna-be pundits who fail miserably, boob jobs, plastic surgery, beady eyes, fleece, soccer, preachers, Red Sox, baseball, Nantucket, teleprompter problems, peroxide, baggy sweaters, sheaths, stilettos, fast food, pop culture.  There are hundreds more but I am FaceTiming with my son while we watch hockey.  Go Caps. 😎. We is all good here.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Mika was trying to report on the situation in Belarus and she garbled the names of all the eastern European countries and cities. She pronounced Minsk as “Minks” numerous times. The harder she tries to read carefully, the worse she is.

Edited by Eliot
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is wearing the Morning Joe fleece jacket.  So he tried to dress up for a few months in honor of the new admin.  Now that things are settling down he's back to rolling out of bed and throwing on the MJ fleece.

He's interviewing some guy called Matt Lewis about his article today entitled, " Trump's GOP is a party of snowflakes."  Every day is still about Trump.  This is really tiresome to me.  DId anything else happen at all this weekend? You would never know it by watching this.

Joe contrasted Trump to the GOP when he was in Congress.  Joe needs to let go of this idea that people care about his time in Congress.  He seems to really love living in the past.  They should play "Glory Days" when Joe starts reliving his Congress  memories.  Those were the best days of Joe's life!!  He was really somebody, y'all.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

It is actually nice to see Joe authentically enthused and laughing about something.  It is soccer and bores me to tears; but there is no discussing Trump or his Time in Congress.  And of course ... Roger, the soccer guy, has a book to sell.  

I am watching the 8:00 rerun and The Twins are both cheery and not, so far, discussing the usual stuff.  Usual Stuff!  That is how every network wants to hear one of their "premier" news/talk shows described.  Now we are back to Liz Cheney; but the clips of the Jonathan Swann interview with her were excellent. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, could Mika show any more disdain for Roger Bennett this morning?  She couldn't wait to get him off the air.  God forbid he and Joe should talk about soccer for 5 minutes (and I'm no soccer fan) without her becoming a bitch!  When you have a 3 hour show, it doesn't hurt to discuss a variety of subjects, not only politics.  A lot happens over the course of the week or even a day sometimes.  What's wrong with covering all kinds of news - Politics, sports, film, TV, books, theater, etc.  I guess that would force Mika out of whatever comfort zone she's in because she's clueless about most of those categories.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Wow, could Mika show any more disdain for Roger Bennett this morning?  She couldn't wait to get him off the air.  God forbid he and Joe should talk about soccer for 5 minutes (and I'm no soccer fan) without her becoming a bitch!  When you have a 3 hour show, it doesn't hurt to discuss a variety of subjects, not only politics.  A lot happens over the course of the week or even a day sometimes.  What's wrong with covering all kinds of news - Politics, sports, film, TV, books, theater, etc.  I guess that would force Mika out of whatever comfort zone she's in because she's clueless about most of those categories.

Sadly, this is her idea of being a host of a morning news show. She thinks her disdain for entertainment, sports, movies, tv and all of pop culture make her look smart.  And yes, it is insulting and disrespectful of their guests...her only interest in “her show” is pushing her KYV schtick.  KYV to her is what “when I was in Congress is to Joe.  But he actually earned his Time In Congress.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, oakville said:

I wonder if anyone on the panel would remember that Martin Bashir had to resign from the network in 2013 after calling Sarah Pallin an idiot.

John Heilemann is on Nicole's show and he just called Marjory Taylor Greene a moron.  How times have changed.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m trying to figure out why we are wearing fleece in Florida in May.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I’m trying to figure out why we are wearing fleece in Florida in May.

And over a shirt and tie! It's so bunched up and tight around his neck even I feel a little hypoxic. Who does that? Fleece is casual attire and mixing it with dress wear/business clothes just looks wrong. Why is everything so weird on this show? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

And over a shirt and tie! It's so bunched up and tight around his neck even I feel a little hypoxic. Who does that? Fleece is casual attire and mixing it with dress wear/business clothes just looks wrong. Why is everything so weird on this show? 

And do we wonder if he has his pajama pants on?

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So multiple (credible) articles come out in the last week about how Frank Luntz’s work is a scam, and MJ decides to put him on?

 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, revbfc said:

So multiple (credible) articles come out in the last week about how Frank Luntz’s work is a scam, and MJ decides to put him on?

 

Okay, now I need to check on this; because for some reason he has always always creeped me out. Starting with.  I think it is his hair...because is it?  Is it really hair or akin to the squirrel Rand Paul sports on the top of his head?  The doughy face that sports the hair.  Again.  He is creepy.  Yet still fits in with the punsters and pollsters on MJ.  Ew...just turned it on.  

Share this post


Link to post

Why cover a focus group if you're going to expound on your own opinions instead of asking said group to amplify theirs? I mean, idk that I'm particularly interested in what some of those folks have to say based on what I've seen so far. But MJ is bugging me this morning. I blame Mika's grayish celadon ensemble. 

I'm guessing the bosses are making MJ switch back to Jimmy Fallon clips, reminding me how deeply unwatchable I find him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

But MJ is bugging me this morning. I blame Mika's grayish celadon ensemble. 

OMG! How bland was that? When I tuned in she was scowling at something (re: everything) the panelists were saying and I thought how her outfit matched her attitude somehow. Just dull, dreary and always disdainful. Joyless. She could look and act so much cheerier if she'd embrace a little color and lightness. And.....then there's Joe, ready to battle the latest arctic blast moving into south Florida.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/23/2016 at 7:04 AM, oakville said:

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a navy blue shirt with a Unitarian scarf. Joe was stuck on the highway. Tyler,Ratner & Willie are on the set.

Nikki Haley will be the UN Ambassador.

Mitt Romney will likely get SOS.

Joe showed up wearing a blazer & white shirt.

Ratner started with charts showing Trump isn't as popular as other Presidents. Joe bellowed at him that he was a sore loser.

Joe bragged that he knew the stock market would go up after Trump was elected. He told Ratner he was wrong.

Joe said it was ridiculous to focus on 200 Nazis at the Reagan building.

Joe raised a toast with his milkshake to Obama for being nice to Trump.

Ratner said that Romney didn't have enough foreign experience to be SOS. Joe yelled at him & said Bain capital was worldwide company & Romney knows a lot about the world.

Joe said Romney was right about Russia in 2012 & Obama was wrong. Mika said Hillary didn't have much experience to be SOS.

Joe is happy that Harold Ford Jr is in  the mix for a Cabinet Post. Harold knows everyone on the Hill.

Dr Z gave a pre taped interview from yesterday to Mika & Joe. That's weird. He probably swore at Joe , so they had to edit the tape.

Dr Z said its OK for the USA to talk to Putin. Dr Z said you have to pick a person who doesn't have foreign Conflict of interests.

Dr Z was shocked that Hillary lost the election. He had a very bad physical reaction to her victory. They showed a clip from Dr Z in 2011 when he predicted that rising income inequality would lead to political chaos. Angry voters voted against the system.

Mika invited her dad to Thanksgiving but he said he won't stay very long!. Ha!. He will probably get into a fight with Joe

Mika is sad that her dad won't spend more than one night in NY. Mika was upset that he won't stay long with her.

Joe laughed at Trump kicking around the TV executives who are wimps. He said it was smart not to mess with the NY Times.

Mika named her rabbits Donald & Melania!.

 

On 11/23/2016 at 7:04 AM, oakville said:

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a navy blue shirt with a Unitarian scarf. Joe was stuck on the highway. Tyler,Ratner & Willie are on the set.

Nikki Haley will be the UN Ambassador.

Mitt Romney will likely get SOS.

Joe showed up wearing a blazer & white shirt.

Ratner started with charts showing Trump isn't as popular as other Presidents. Joe bellowed at him that he was a sore loser.

Joe bragged that he knew the stock market would go up after Trump was elected. He told Ratner he was wrong.

Joe said it was ridiculous to focus on 200 Nazis at the Reagan building.

Joe raised a toast with his milkshake to Obama for being nice to Trump.

Ratner said that Romney didn't have enough foreign experience to be SOS. Joe yelled at him & said Bain capital was worldwide company & Romney knows a lot about the world.

Joe said Romney was right about Russia in 2012 & Obama was wrong. Mika said Hillary didn't have much experience to be SOS.

Joe is happy that Harold Ford Jr is in  the mix for a Cabinet Post. Harold knows everyone on the Hill.

Dr Z gave a pre taped interview from yesterday to Mika & Joe. That's weird. He probably swore at Joe , so they had to edit the tape.

Dr Z said its OK for the USA to talk to Putin. Dr Z said you have to pick a person who doesn't have foreign Conflict of interests.

Dr Z was shocked that Hillary lost the election. He had a very bad physical reaction to her victory. They showed a clip from Dr Z in 2011 when he predicted that rising income inequality would lead to political chaos. Angry voters voted against the system.

Mika invited her dad to Thanksgiving but he said he won't stay very long!. Ha!. He will probably get into a fight with Joe

Mika is sad that her dad won't spend more than one night in NY. Mika was upset that he won't stay long with her.

Joe laughed at Trump kicking around the TV executives who are wimps. He said it was smart not to mess with the NY Times.

Mika named her rabbits Donald & Melania!.

Today's comments from former President Trump about Mika & Joe are surprising given that Mika named her pet rabbits Donald & Melania after the 2016 election.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

the chess segment was good.  But there was a bit of it that gives us clear insight into the Joe/Mika interpersonal dynamic and says a lot about both of their personalities.  Mika's father has personal stories about playing chess with Menachem Begin at Camp David with a funny punchline.  Joe took the story as his own, Mika corrected a mistake meekly, and Joe barged ahead to deliver the punchline... like the story is his to tell.  It may seem like nothing, but it's Mika's story.  Joe's appropriated it into his arsenal of charm, his 'charmsenal' if you like, and uses it right in front of Mika with no deference to her.
Know your value, toots.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Boy, Mika will not let go of the incorrect pronunciation of the name she calls “Weeeeselberg,” even after the legal guests say “Whyyyselberg.”  

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Joe was wrestling so hard to insert that chess story I thought he was going to sprain something. Bad day to switch back to sportscoats.

Again with the tirades against "leaks", even though the AG investigation of Trump was not leaked. I appreciated the guest's politely toned response that maybe the media has to consider their reporting of more leaks, since Joe makes a nice living keeping that 24 hour cycle of noise going.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, freddi said:

Boy, Mika will not let go of the incorrect pronunciation of the name she calls “Weeeeselberg,” even after the legal guests say “Whyyyselberg.”  

Came here to complain about that. It reminds me of how Chris Matthews insisted on pronouncing Dick Cheney's last name as "Cheeney," even after he was publicly corrected by Cheney's wife. And how Joy Reid refuses to learn how to pronounce "Don McGahn" as "McGann" versus the way she says it, "McGawn."

Oh, and while we are at it, can everyone PLEASE look at their teleprompters and remember that it is KYRSTEN Sinema, not "Krysten" Sinema? Yes, Yamiche, I am looking at you.

This is NOT HARD, people.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Glad I missed the show today. Only saw enough to see that Joe's sportcoat made it back from the drycleaners. Good to know that Mika is keeping up the Meeka standard we all know so well. How can her KYV benefactors not see how she is the exact opposite of a woman of value? She continues to show that her ticket to fame and fortune was provided only by her father's name. 

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Oh, and while we are at it, can everyone PLEASE look at their teleprompters and remember that it is KYRSTEN Sinema, not "Krysten" Sinema? Yes, Yamiche, I am looking at you.

Wow. Good job deciphering whatever Yamiche was saying! I never have enough energy in the morning to follow her rapid-fire delivery.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Not too give Mika too much credit but I thought maybe she was mispronouning the name to be snarky towards him.  

  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Not too give Mika too much credit but I thought maybe she was mispronouning the name to be snarky towards him.  

Wow. If true, she really needs to hand in her Women of Value Club membership card. That's a pretty low class "Joe" move. Sad.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jacourt... loved your post and it is one that made me think a bit.  And it would be fabulous and almost life-affirming if true.  But sadly, I don’t think Meeka has that kind of snark in her.  Plus her teleprompter issues are legendary.  But you have made a point that I would not have thought of.  You win the week! So far. 😊

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's astonishing how well-prepared Mika is for the KYV segments vs almost everything else. And while I appreciate 50+ year old women not being sent out to pasture, Mika's declarations how we're running people over who try to knock us down does not resonate with me. While the women featured may work very hard and be deserving of accolades the segments seem to actively ignore the rampant ageism I see all around me.

Also, Joe is a conservative. (I appreciate what her said about finding protests objectionable while ignoring the Capitol riot but sometimes he starts talking like everyone is four and I check out). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mika & Joe were both nicely dressed today. Joe agreed to wear a suit.

Joe is mad at the Pittsburgh Pirates for making too many errors in the baseball game yesterday.

Joe is mad at Republican Senators who won't support the commission on the attacks on the Capitol.

Joe is mad at Mitch because he is playing politics & hopes the issue fades before the 2022 mid term elections.

Mika struggled to say the word Insurrection & called Insection. Mika's Teleprompter issues continue.

Joe's new heroes are Liz Cheney & Adam Kisinger .

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meeka will be interviewing Kamala Harris tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.  From what I read, it was pre-recorded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I did watch a bit of Morning Joe today. Joe was wearing a fleece top. Mika was wearing a black cardigan top.

Joe got into an argument with Eddie Glaude over defunding the police in high crime neighborhoods.

Joe said African Americans want more police officers in their neighborhoods, but Eddie disagreed .

There was an interesting segment with President George Bush 41 ' COS.

Meacham was on the panel.

There was a  funny story about Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia who was rumored to be assasinated by the Syrian government.

President Bush suggested that his staff try calling him on his cell phone to see if he was dead but the staff was reluctant to do that.

Bush convinced a staffer to call him  & Prince Bandar answered the phone, so he wasn't dead.

Mika was sad that the Captain of the Love boat died. Mika said her parents let her watch the show when she was young. She wasn't familiar with his role on Mary Tyler Moore.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika was sad that the Captain of the Love boat died. Mika said her parents let her watch the show when she was young. She wasn't familiar with his role on Mary Tyler Moore.

I have to wonder if she understood what role he had on the MTM show.  You'd think a KYV  expert would be familiar with one of the great early television shows about a woman pursuing a career.  

They said something on Friday's show, at the very end, about working on Memorial Day, but I was still surprised to see them today.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/26/2017 at 11:09 AM, Eliot said:

I was most offended by Mika's take on the show/character, which had something to do with the fact that she was "upbeat and ladylike," or something along those lines.

Also, I am quite certain Mika never actually watched the show.

Mika's comment on the day after  Mary Tyler Moore passed away.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, freddi said:

I have to wonder if she understood what role he had on the MTM show.  You'd think a KYV  expert would be familiar with one of the great early television shows about a woman pursuing a career.  

They said something on Friday's show, at the very end, about working on Memorial Day, but I was still surprised to see them today.  

I doubt Mika watched the Mary Tyler Moore show. She would have been very young when it first aired.

It is surprising that Mika & Joe agreed to work today.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, dress code is coat and tie.  

And they all looked so proud and shiny, Mika, Joe, and Willie, then Joe got a look of disgust, and snatched the glasses off his face.  

Edited by freddi
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've been an MJ fan since they first came on the air after Imus got kicked and they were trying various hosts/formats to fill his slot. The show wasn't perfect but it was always interesting, especially the opening 20-30 minute opening block.

But I'm finding that I'm spending more time flipping away to CNN now (especially now that they have Brianna Keillar, with whom I am in love). I really think MSNBC should consider retiring the show and replacing it with some new blood and new format. The show has become something that is unforgivable for my viewing preferences: it's really boring.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Abiding Dude said:

I've been an MJ fan since they first came on the air after Imus got kicked and they were trying various hosts/formats to fill his slot. The show wasn't perfect but it was always interesting, especially the opening 20-30 minute opening block.

But I'm finding that I'm spending more time flipping away to CNN now (especially now that they have Brianna Keillar, with whom I am in love). I really think MSNBC should consider retiring the show and replacing it with some new blood and new format. The show has become something that is unforgivable for my viewing preferences: it's really boring.

The show would be better if Mika & Joe agreed to return to the NY or Washington studios where they could interact with guests. It's very difficult to watch Joe spend 2-3 minutes talk before he lets the guest answer a question.

It's tough for Mika & Joe to adjust to the post Trump era. It was easy for Joe to rant against Trump because he provided them so much material. Joe tries to bring up the decline of the old GOP that he was part of, but none of the guests seem to care.

Joe is reluctant to criticize President Biden's policies even though he is philosophically opposed to high government spending.

Mika's KYV program isn't very authentic given her relationship with Joe.

Joe is struggling to discuss issues that affect African Americans. He frequently reminds guests that  he went to a desegregated elementary school in Georgia & played sports with African Americans.

CNBC's Squawk Box host are together today in NY. It's much easier to watch them interact without the delays.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oakville, Plumbago B and Mr. Kemper, Jr. ...have gotten me to tuning into CNBC in the mornings.  Well played.

How was the Kamala Harris interview?  I tuned in for the last half hour or so of Show.  There was a doctor/woman/someone who has written a book about Alzheimer's.  The discussion was interesting and Meeka seemed to ask informed questions.  I flipped to CNN and there was a great interview between Brianna Keller and Brad Gilbert over the Naomi Osaka (spelling?) tennis news.  Ms. Keller asked wonderful, informed questions; and Brad Gilbert was a pretty good interview on the situation between the tennis association, reporters and the players.  I can't imagine Meeka doing a "sports" interview; and I don't think Joe would be interested in a tennis story.  

  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Abiding Dude said:

I've been an MJ fan since they first came on the air after Imus got kicked and they were trying various hosts/formats to fill his slot. The show wasn't perfect but it was always interesting, especially the opening 20-30 minute opening block.

But I'm finding that I'm spending more time flipping away to CNN now (especially now that they have Brianna Keillar, with whom I am in love). I really think MSNBC should consider retiring the show and replacing it with some new blood and new format.

I wonder if the Today Show is at the root of MSNBC's morning problem. Anything resembling a "traditional" morning news show on MS would threaten a very profitable NBC franchise.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mini Tuesday Recap

Joe is wearing a suit for the VP Kamala Harris interview. Mika is wearing a black dress.

Barnicle, Lemire & Willie are in the NY studio together.

Joe said he may be appearing at the NY studio sometime this year.

Barnicle saw his grandkids during the holiday weekend.

Biden spoke about his son.

Joe said that Beau was a friend of the show.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Biden spoke about his son.

Joe said that Beau was a friend of the show.

I know Biden misses his son Beau, but it kind of annoys me that he's the only child he mentions most of the time.  Sure, the media covers Hunter because of his issues, but I've yet to hear Biden mention his daughter Ashley.  It's always Beau. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mini Tuesday Recap

Joe is wearing a suit for the VP Kamala Harris interview. Mika is wearing a black dress.

Barnicle, Lemire & Willie are in the NY studio together.

Joe said he may be appearing at the NY studio sometime this year.

Barnicle saw his grandkids during the holiday weekend.

Biden spoke about his son.

Joe said that Beau was a friend of the show.

 

 

Was he?  I must not have been watching all that much Back Before We Had This Board.  And Joe will be appearing at the NY Studio "sometime this year" ... "may" being the operative word.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Have been checking in off and on, but, as summed up by most here: The show is so predictable and boring, it's hard to find the energy to snark on the same old things all the time...but the comments here are always amusing and I enjoy everyone's take. It is true that they need to get out of the bunker and back into real life. Amazingly, when other shows had the hosts distanced, there was still some spontaneity and humor and "realness". This show is just dull and dreary...I think a big part is of that is their subject matter...no real breaking news, no new features...just group-think Trump hate (still), lectures, book reports and a bit of Mika's womens' lib thing. Ugh. (Joe needs to entertain Mika at night: she must be glued to Rachel's show because she has adopted her style and speaking tone and it is annoying, especially since she flubs up so much. She is so fake.)

 

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville, Plumbago B and Mr. Kemper, Jr. ...have gotten me to tuning into CNBC in the mornings.  Well played.

Just remember, I have first dibs on Joe Kernan!😍

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size