Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

New commentator this morning...Rachel Bit..something.  She would seem to be everything that Joe would abhor but she was engaging and he seemed amiable.  Yes, the show has such energy when they are all in the studio.  

They are still rerunning the 6:00 top of the hour at 8 - aren't they?  Why?  When you have guests live, on-set, who can do the lifting if you need a break.  I know we have discussed this before...but.  On a major news network the news is rerun for a half hour.  First thing in the morning.  

• Love 5

I only caught a glimpse today: J and M were sitting together but the backdrop looked like the one they usually sit in front of in FL (looks DC'ish...I know it when I see it but really can't describe details)...I just assumed they were back home but using one camera instead of 2. I guess I expected the vast expanse of the old NYC set...maybe that set has been put to better use.  

Mika's hair is too short in the back.

That's all I got.

• Love 3

I was surprised to see Chris Matthews on as a guest this morning.  I know Joe is friends with him but I can't stand him and was glad when MSNBC fired him.  He kept flubbing his comments and came across as somewhat befuddled.  I also understand he got into a heated exchange with Joy on The View the other day.  I hope they don't make him a constant contributor to the show as I have no desire to see him on the show on a regular basis.  Isn't it unusual to see someone fired from their show on MSNBC come back as a commentator on another network show?  I don't recall seeing that happen before.

• Love 4

Mini Recap Thursday.

Mika & Joe continue to stay in NY.

Mika said TJ's wife made Morning Joe cookies for the vaccinated staff of the show.

Joe supports the Biden plan of encouraging vaccines.

Joe complained about graffiti in NY.

Joe is happy that Meacham is writing speeches for Biden

Willie supports Biden's plan to vaccinate 70% of adults.

Haas supports vaccinating people in other countries so the variants don't spread.

Susan Del Percio hopes that african gets vaccinated.

Joe said republicans should be happy that the Trump administration bet on the vaccines.

Joe warned viewers that he would say some nice things about Presient. Biden is better at logistics.

Joe said Republicans should get a vaccine to support Trump.

Joe started to get upset when Mika blurted out something. Joe wants to go back to Florida. Mika likes being in NY.

Joe said the European Union is far behind on vaccines.

• Love 2

Eddie Glaude said people should not get political over vaccines.

Joe said he was right that vaccination was the key to reducing infections.

Joe jokes about Iranian refineries being blown up & ships being sunk.

Haas said it was probably the Israelis that did it.

Mika will have an exclusive interview with Nancy Pelosi who is on the Forbes 50 list.

The show played a Jimmy Kimmel clip making fun of Trump in June 2020.

Trump's blog is being shut down.

• Love 4

Joe compared Trump to the band Kiss. Kiss was not popular in 1980.

Mika looks better today. She is tanned & wearing a black top.

Joe is still mad about the January 6th attack on the Capitol. Joe said those pleading guilty are only getting 1-3 years.

• Love 2

Joe made fun of President Obama for not supporting same sex marriage in 2008. Biden went rogue & said he supporting same sex marriage before Obama.

Joe said Obama was tough on illegal immigrants. He was the Deporter in Chief.

Chris Matthews appeared a guest. He is promoting his new book. Matthews was a Capitol police officer. He has had a good life & was part of the Carter administration.

Chris told a story about Dr Z. Mika laughed.

Tip Oneill liked working with Reagan but disagreed with his policies.

Willie is on the cover of Bethesda Magazine.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Mika's interview with Pelosi was a random list of questions. Does Pelosi use emojis & like apps?

Does she like being called Grandma ? What does retirement mean ?

Pelosi was flustered & laughing at Mika.

Mika congratulated Pelosi for being part of the Forbes 50 over 50 list.

Mika wore a nice dark dress with proper shoes.

Mika said there were female photographers used for the list. Pelosi came to Congress at age 47.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Sweet Jesus...how many "Forbes" and KYV interviews per week is Meeka doing at this point.  You know, I don't know why this gets my blood pressure up.  But it does.  Oakville...was it you, yesterday, who mentioned Meeka would be performing air fryer demos if not for being "discovered" by Joe?  You Are So Right!!!

Meeka is undertalented and her ego is overinflated for the alleged job of News Anchor on a Major Cable Network.  Brianna Kellar, who I only drop in occasionally, could run rings around her.  And.  She ate a locust on air.  If the network put Meeka or Joe eating a locust on live tv...I would pay for it.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I was surprised to see Chris Matthews on as a guest this morning.  I know Joe is friends with him but I can't stand him and was glad when MSNBC fired him.  He kept flubbing his comments and came across as somewhat befuddled.  I also understand he got into a heated exchange with Joy on The View the other day.  I hope they don't make him a constant contributor to the show as I have no desire to see him on the show on a regular basis.  Isn't it unusual to see someone fired from their show on MSNBC come back as a commentator on another network show?  I don't recall seeing that happen before.

Is it possible that he negotiated future appearances on MSNBC for selling books in exchange for leaving the network quietly after the sexual harassment scandal & Bernie Sanders lynching threats.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sweet Jesus...how many "Forbes" and KYV interviews per week is Meeka doing at this point.  You know, I don't know why this gets my blood pressure up.  But it does.  Oakville...was it you, yesterday, who mentioned Meeka would be performing air fryer demos if not for being "discovered" by Joe?  You Are So Right!!!

Meeka is undertalented and her ego is overinflated for the alleged job of News Anchor on a Major Cable Network.  Brianna Kellar, who I only drop in occasionally, could run rings around her.  And.  She ate a locust on air.  If the network put Meeka or Joe eating a locust on live tv...I would pay for it.  

Yes, I made the comment about Mika selling airfryers.

Mika is picky about food, so she wouldn't eat a locust.

I remember when a guest brought donuts on the set. Joe started eating one & passed one to Willie. Mika freaked out & grabbed the box of donuts. She then proceeded  to throw the donuts in a garbage can. Joe was mad at her & tried to retrieve the donuts from the garbage can.

Mika will be doing more interviews tomorrow.

Joe said he was trying to get some invitations to the Hamptons this weekend.

• LOL 5

I am so sorry...and hate to be a buzz kill.  But Meeka needs to go.  She loves her vanity projects, the network feels the need and obligation to Joe to keep her employed and happy.  So let her have the KYV and Forbes on Peacock.  Give her a platform of her own.  

I must say that she lights up with her vanity projects...a different side to her is on screen.  There is a softness, sharpness and some humor to her.  So let her have it and let's get a newsy, fun, serious-when-it-needs-to-be news/opinion show on from 6-9 Monday-Friday.  Joe can have it, add to the cronies and sidekicks.  In addition to news and politics, they can talk sports when the occasion arises, music, etc.  I, for one, would be there for it.  Please, let some of the "cronies and sidekicks" be women who can roll with it and not get intimidated or talked-over and can hold their own.  With style.  But it must be in the New York studio.  Joe can take it or leave it; and I am sure he would leave it and the network would suffer fallout.

• Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Are they actually back to being a studio based show? Or are they just in town for Mika's KYV stuff?

I think it is for Mika's KYV & Forbes stuff.

It's a much better show when they are in studio.

Joe complained about crime & graffiti in NYC , so I doubt he will stay in the city for more than a few days.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said his friends  are tired about talking about Trump.

So are his non-friends here. Please move on, Joe.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's interview with Pelosi was a random list of questions. Does Pelosi use emojis & like apps?

Does she like being called Grandma ? What does retirement mean ?

Tell me this is snark!! THIS is what someone would want to know from a 50/50 "member"? From the Speaker of the House? THIS was the best Mika could come up with? She has a whole staff of people and they thought THIS would be of interest to anyone? OMG. This is insulting, juvenile and trivial. How can anyone take KYV seriously? Stop this charade.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I was surprised to see Chris Matthews on as a guest this morning.  I know Joe is friends with him but I can't stand him and was glad when MSNBC fired him. 

He was on The Reid Out as well and addressed his exit from MSNBC.

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Trump hasn't lost any support since the election.

Joe said his friends  are tired about talking about Trump. 

Joe saying over & over how his friends will vote for Trump again was setting me off. IN WHAT ELECTION? It's like Joe keeps repeating it so it will manifest and magically give him more to talk about.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

FOREVER CRINGE. Willie can pull off goofy questions. Mika asks them like they matter.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

I remember when a guest brought donuts on the set. Joe started eating one & passed one to Willie. Mika freaked out & grabbed the box of donuts. She then proceeded  to throw the donuts in a garbage can. Joe was mad at her & tried to retrieve the donuts from the garbage can.

She also seems to have an irrational fear of hamburgers. Her loss, bc BurgerFi keeps opening more restaurants here and they are awesome. Maybe I'll start an empowerment program for women over 50 to gain 50 pounds in 50 days.

That Strikepac lady they had on today means BUSINESS. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

So are his non-friends here. Please move on, Joe.

Tell me this is snark!! THIS is what someone would want to know from a 50/50 "member"? From the Speaker of the House? THIS was the best Mika could come up with? She has a whole staff of people and they thought THIS would be of interest to anyone? OMG. This is insulting, juvenile and trivial. How can anyone take KYV seriously? Stop this charade.

Sadly, Mika did tease the interview with Pelosi by asking those "rapid fire" questions.

Mika did ask some other questions about Pelosi getting into politics at age 47 & being a mother to 5 children.

Pelosi was laughing at most of Mika's questions.

Morning Joe has a history of asking soft ball questions to guests that they like.

The leak of Mika & Joe's interview with candidate Trump in Feb 2016 proved that they won't challenge guests that they like. Joe told Mika not to ask any tough questions of Trump prior to the interview.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

He was on The Reid Out as well and addressed his exit from MSNBC.

Joe saying over & over how his friends will vote for Trump again was setting me off. IN WHAT ELECTION? It's like Joe keeps repeating it so it will manifest and magically give him more to talk about.

FOREVER CRINGE. Willie can pull off goofy questions. Mika asks them like they matter.

She also seems to have an irrational fear of hamburgers. Her loss, bc BurgerFi keeps opening more restaurants here and they are awesome. Maybe I'll start an empowerment program for women over 50 to gain 50 pounds in 50 days.

That Strikepac lady they had on today means BUSINESS. 

I think it is obvious that Joe wants Trump to return to politics. He provided them with a substantial amount of material to make fun of for 5 years.

Mika's questions to VP Harris & Speaker Pelosi were embarrassing.

It's hard to believe that Mika used to work for 60 Minutes II before she joined MSNBC.

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe it is just due to the dreary, rainy weather this morning but....does it seem that the air was let out of this show overnight?  Everything seemed flat; or “trying too hard” ... just me?  Was it the guests?  

Edited by Kemper
Spelling
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Maybe it is just due to the dreary, rainy weather this morning but....does it seem that the air was let out of this show overnight?  Everything seemed flat; or “trying too hard” ... just me?  Was it the guests?

Not you.  I had to mute it after a while.  Whoever produces this train wreck should up their game.  The show needs investment and re-tooling, even if it's just off-screen refocusing or productin staff changes.  It's under-written, under-produced, unimaginative, and is immediately derailed by Mika's listlessness or Joe's manic tirades.  It's a television production, not Joe'n'Mika's breezy cocktail party. 

I wonder if the B team at NBC staffs this show to prep themselves to move on?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Not you.  I had to mute it after a while.  Whoever produces this train wreck should up their game.  The show needs investment and re-tooling, even if it's just off-screen refocusing or productin staff changes.  It's under-written, under-produced, unimaginative, and is immediately derailed by Mika's listlessness or Joe's manic tirades.  It's a television production, not Joe'n'Mika's breezy cocktail party

I wonder if the B team at NBC staffs this show to prep themselves to move on?

Now THAT might be an improvement over what was onscreen this morning.  Even though Joe can adapt the “poor southern lawyer” schtick, nothing about The Twins is breezy.  And yes, there should be a true television production for this show;  but the ego of the hosts would probably not allow it.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, oakville said:

Pelosi was laughing at most of Mika's questions.

At the questions or at Mika? I know what choice I'd make.

I tuned in for a quick look to find them all bunched around the table. Cramped and uncomfortable looking. Mika with a bitch face. Rev. Al is not aging well...I think seeing him there added to the dreariness. This show is hopeless.

• Love 2

Okay, it's official.  Somebody needs to gag Joe and prevent his constant talking and interrupting guests.  I know it's his show, but dear Lord, he just won't shut up!  He dominated the first 15 minutes this morning and wouldn't let anyone speak.  His constant yelling and screaming is so damn annoying.  Nobody cares what you think Joe, especially when you keep saying it over and over again every day.  Let someone else speak (except Mika). Nobody finds your insults and faux Southern accents amusing.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

At the questions or at Mika? I know what choice I'd make.

I tuned in for a quick look to find them all bunched around the table. Cramped and uncomfortable looking. Mika with a bitch face. Rev. Al is not aging well...I think seeing him there added to the dreariness. This show is hopeless.

I believe Pelosi was laughing at the questions because they were so childish.

Pelosi may have had advance notice of the questions because her answers were very funny.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I believe Pelosi was laughing at the questions because they were so childish.

Pelosi may have had advance notice of the questions because her answers were very funny.

I'd be laughing at Mika; she is the joke. Forbes should be ashamed of her. I imagine she thinks this was a big "get" but when someone of such stature is put into the position of answering questions, during a forum about mature women, that a 7th grader would ask,  ...sorry. Mika's little project was a disgraceful flop. (And of course Pelosi had to go along with it, just as she would with the jr. high kids visiting her office.) Wonder what her next busy work project will be? The network needs to trim an hour or two off MJ so we aren't subjected to this drivel. (I actually have plenty of drivel...2 Real Housewives simultaneously on Bravo filling up the dvr! My go-to when I've had enough boring repetitive "news".)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I'd be laughing at Mika; she is the joke. Forbes should be ashamed of her. I imagine she thinks this was a big "get" but when someone of such stature is put into the position of answering questions, during a forum about mature women, that a 7th grader would ask,  ...sorry. Mika's little project was a disgraceful flop. (And of course Pelosi had to go along with it, just as she would with the jr. high kids visiting her office.) Wonder what her next busy work project will be? The network needs to trim an hour or two off MJ so we aren't subjected to this drivel. (I actually have plenty of drivel...2 Real Housewives simultaneously on Bravo filling up the dvr! My go-to when I've had enough boring repetitive "news".)

Mika should apply to be on one of the Housewives shows. The shows frequently cast women over 50.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Okay, it's official.  Somebody needs to gag Joe and prevent his constant talking and interrupting guests.  I know it's his show, but dear Lord, he just won't shut up!  He dominated the first 15 minutes this morning and wouldn't let anyone speak.  His constant yelling and screaming is so damn annoying.  Nobody cares what you think Joe, especially when you keep saying it over and over again every day.  Let someone else speak (except Mika). Nobody finds your insults and faux Southern accents amusing.

Agreed. I tarted watching yesterday's show & am amazed that Mika didn't even get to introduce the guests before Joe went into multiple rants.

Joe tried new imitations of his constituents who claim he's not a Conservative. It's a slow talking drawl with what may be a speech impediment.

Joe made fun of Senator Josh Hawley for appearing on cable news shows to say he wouldn't be silenced.

Alexi joined the table & was allowed to say a few things about Republicans.

The theme today is the GOP is doomed because the Trumpian wing is beating the cheney wing.

Joe is mad at Pence for not criticizing Trump. Joe called him a wimp & a poor actor pretending to be Ronald REAGAN.

VanderHei started shouting about being Not Wrong.

Mika smiled at Joe.

Joe is impersonating Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island.

Joe ignored Mika when he started talking about baseball. Mika told Joe to zip it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Scott Stringer was a guest. He wants to give city land to non profits to build housing for homeless people.

Joe told Stringer that crime was a big issue.

Joe is opposed to defunding the police.

Stringer will invest in solving crimes. Only 26% are solved.

Stringer is opposed to stop & frisk.

Joe started banging the table for more police in poor areas. Joe said people of color agree with him.

Stringer supports replacing the Commisioner of Police.

Mika asked Stringer about sexual assault allegation. He is accused of groping & kissing an unpaid intern in 2001. He denied it. It was a consensual relationship.

Stringer wants Cuomo to resign.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Stringer won't do My Pillow ads as mayor. He does not like De Blasio.

Joe asked him which part of the Bloomberg administration that he liked. He liked his competence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe read the Labor Force report using his phone.

Brian Sullivan from CNBC explained the report. He used to be on Morning Joe.

Joe said wages are rising. Some people are making more than $15/hr at national fast food chains.

• Love 3

More clips of Mika interviewing a Congreswoman from South Florida. Joe was excited for Mika's project.

Mika likes inclusive capitalism.

Randall Lane is wearing a hat.

Joe called the women trailblazers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1