Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe called Liz Cheney Obi Wan Kenobi. Strike her down & she will recover.

Mika looked blank at the Star Wars reference.

Mika was on a tirade!. Mika said the GOP is being taken hostage by Trump.

• LOL 3

Mika is excited about Liz Cheney running for President in 2024. She could defeat the Trump supporters.

Mika is happy that Republicans are fighting each other in Texas.

There i a new guest from the NY Times, Elaine Plott.

Mika is reading the whole article by herself.

Joe said Republicans are doomed in Texas !

Joe said Allen West wanted to shoot other Republicans.

Joe said he was very popular at town halls & told extremists not to say wild things.

Joe is mad at Gov Abbott for being a lacky to Trump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was right about Bill Barr. He was a Trump hack! Nothing gets by country lawyer Joe.

When he was initially nominated, didn't Joe portray him as an "adult in the room" based on his previous stint as AG during the Bush I admin?

• Love 7

Clips of President Biden mixing up his text numbers in 2019 & calling for people to go

to vaccine.gum or gov text a zip code 438829.

Yamiche joined the show. Yamiche will take over Washington Week from Robert Costa.

Joe discussed baseball with Lemire & ignored Yamiche.

3 minutes ago, xaxat said:

When he was initially nominated, didn't Joe portray him as an "adult in the room" based on his previous stint as AG during the Bush I admin?

Yes he did. Barr was one of Joe's many heroes from previous Republican administrations.

• Love 2

Biden's goal is to get 70% of adults vaccinated by July 4th.

Yamiche is happy the next host of Washington Week.

Yamiche said Democrats will benefit if people get vaccinated.

Latinos & African Americans are trailing in vaccinations.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The show opened with a clip from Jimmy Kimmel Live

It must piss off Lorne Michaels that they promote the Other Jimmy most mornings.

• Love 5

Tom Friedman predicted a civil war if Republicans win control of the Senate & House in 2022.

Tom is mad at Elise Stefanik because she wants to take over from Liz Cheney & get free parking at Reagan airport.

Tom demands that Democrats stand with Liz Cheney & Mitt Romney.

Tom says Republicans have to lose elections.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SG429 said:

It must piss off Lorne Michaels that they promote the Other Jimmy most mornings.

I guess Mika & Joe don't realize that Jimmy Fallon does work for NBC.

Joe should demand that Fallon do more political skits attacking Trump so he can be featured on Morning Joe.

I will never forget when the Daily Show did a story on Morning Joe & Samantha Bee called Mika & Joe star f*ckers. Mika did not play that clip.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I tuned in to see Morning Joe interview the Secretary of Education. Joe was absent during the segment. Is Joe afraid to interview anyone with a job in the administration ?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe called Liz Cheney Obi Wan Kenobi. Strike her down & she will recover.

Mika looked blank at the Star Wars reference.

Hmmmm. I'd bet she was trying to remember where she put that dreaded sweater.

10 hours ago, oakville said:

Yamiche joined the show. Yamiche will take over Washington Week from Robert Costa.

Based on my viewing yesterday, she will take over everything and everyone with that speaking style. Won't be watching.

Was there a guest, probably Barnicle, seated with Willie today? I tuned in briefly and heard an aside from someone and Willie turned his head to acknowledge it. Meanwhile the Boxer Twins pretend they're in different locations when it's so obvious they aren't. Mika got flustered when trying to ask a question when she was apparently given a note from Joe...you could see her turn her head to the left and there was a reflection behind her showing a paper being held up. Totally messed her up. Stumbled and stammered. When the guest started to answer Mika was on a split screen and her big sigh was obvious. (Frustration? Relief?) I clicked away. Did enjoy Brian Sullivan and Willie's back and forth today.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I tuned in to see Morning Joe interview the Secretary of Education. Joe was absent during the segment. Is Joe afraid to interview anyone with a job in the administration ?

guys, have you noticed Joe disappears every morning at like exactly 7.30 a.m.? for several weeks now.

i'm guessing it's for what Oakville calls Executive Time, with Important Calls and Meetings!!

Eg at 7.35 a.m. he has a telephone conference with World Leaders to advise on International Affairs. At 7.40 a.m. he advises the Biden admin on the Deficit, at 7.50 a.m. he advises the CDC on Science!! and their failure to fully reopen on the day Joe got vaxxed bc that was the Scientific Reopening Day. At 8 a.m. Angela Merkel calls for Advice on the EU, and Joe tells her Open Borders Are Bad, except between the south of france and monaco. At 8.15 a.m. Boris Johnson calls for Advice on Haircare. Then joe takes a nap and may or may not wake up for the 8.30 segments 

I'm on the fence about this arrangement, tbh it's nice to have a break from joe... but on the other hand it's like, one hour of joe being exhausting! then one hour of mika and willie being kinda dull! 

it's like going to a restaurant and they serve you steak, raw, and you have to eat it by itself, and *then* they give you potatoes etc and you have to eat them by themselves. You want those things togetheeeerrr that's the whole point damnit! (sorry for the sleep-deprived analogy, but you get my point)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, neona said:

guys, have you noticed Joe disappears every morning at like exactly 7.30 a.m.? for several weeks now.

i'm guessing it's for what Oakville calls Executive Time

I think his bathroom habits have changed...Excutive time with the newspaper and...😉.

If I was a guest on this show and the host chose to disappear I think I'd be pretty insulted. What a let down to get up early and make myself presentable only to be "interviewed" by Mika or Willie. Though in his defense, Willie would actually engage in a conversation rather than bark out a rambling question and then just dismiss me after my talking point.

• Love 3

Thursday recap with Sauvignon Blanc. Day drinking is necessary when recapping this show.

The opening clip is President Trump congratulating Elise Stefanik for defending him during his first impeachment.

Next clip is Liz Cheney not supporting President Trump if he is the nominee in 2024.

Mika is nicely dressed in a royal blue top. Barnicle,Vander Hei & Mara Gay are the guests.

Liz Cheney was dissed by Steve Scalise.

Elise looks like Gov Gretchen Whitmer.

Liz Cheney is a heroine! Joe is laughing at the GOP. It's a trap according to Joe !

Liz Cheney is a mastermind according to  Florida Boxman Joe !

Joe's hair is greasy.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I think his bathroom habits have changed...Excutive time with the newspaper and...😉.

If I was a guest on this show and the host chose to disappear I think I'd be pretty insulted. What a let down to get up early and make myself presentable only to be "interviewed" by Mika or Willie. Though in his defense, Willie would actually engage in a conversation rather than bark out a rambling question and then just dismiss me after my talking point.

It's absurd that Joe leaves the show when important guests appear. No wonder the show has trouble booking high quality guests.

I suspect Joe takes his son to school between 7:30-8:30, but I could be wrong.

I don't see the crew at CNBC leaving Squak Box or other morning shows leaving the set to take their kids to school.

• Love 4

Joe said the Cheney's don't care if they get attacked by Trump supporters.

Joe said Mitch Mcconell said the impeachment vote was important. He voted to acquit Trump.

Joe said voters love Cheney because she is a small government conservative.

Joe bragged that Dick Cheney supported torturing terrorists.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Vander Hei said the party is becoming more Trumpian.

Joe asked about Aaron Rodgers leaving the Green Bay Packers. Vander Hei compared him to Trump.

Joe made fun of the anti Trump candidate that ran in Texas Congresisonal race. He got 3% of the vote.

Joe said only 35% of Republicans don't like Trump.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said voters love Cheney because she is a small government conservative.

Wyoming GOP voters love her so much that the state party felt comfortable voting overwhelmingly to censure her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Mika was upset that Senator Mitch is opposed to the Biden administration's policies.

Mitch wanted to make President Obama a one term President.

Mika is shocked that Republicans are opposing Biden.

Mara Gay said the Romney & George W Bush coalition isn't coming back.

1 minute ago, xaxat said:

Wyoming GOP voters love her so much that the state party felt comfortable voting overwhelmingly to censure her.

Agreed. Joe seems to be out of touch with the current GOP.

• Love 5

Joe told Vander Hei he wrote three books about suggesting that the GOP become more fiscally responsible but no one is listening to him.

Vander Hei said the Republicans are doomed if they take back the House in 2022 due to redistricting.

• Love 1

Joe said that McCarthy will be the next Speaker of the House due to redistricting, but that Democrats could win the White House in 2024.

Mika called it day trading. That's Joe's talking point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is shocked that Republicans are opposing Biden.

Really? Where has she been the last couple of years? Broadcasting out of a secret bunker?

Oh, wait.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. Joe seems to be out of touch with the current GOP.

I feel like Joe is just incredibly naive about all of humanity. It's almost like he's jinxing it, everytime he makes an overly optimistic prediction (which is all the time), some awful shit happens.  

*small voice* I'm kinda rooting for Yamiche! I like her, but yeah I know, i like everyone, it's tedious 🤪 Except Chuck Todd, which is kinda worrying for Chuck Todd tbh

I think the speed thing is like a Debate! Team! thing where she feels like she only has 3 minutes to get all her points across before she gets freakin interrupted by Joe. Hopefully she'll learn to breathe a lil and modulate her voice, but at least the intellect/journo chops are there.

Do we know what happened to Bob Costa?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, neona said:

I feel like Joe is just incredibly naive about all of humanity. It's almost like he's jinxing it, everytime he makes an overly optimistic prediction (which is all the time), some awful shit happens.  

*small voice* I'm kinda rooting for Yamiche! I like her, but yeah I know, i like everyone, it's tedious 🤪 Except Chuck Todd, which is kinda worrying for Chuck Todd tbh

I think the speed thing is like a Debate! Team! thing where she feels like she only has 3 minutes to get all her points across before she gets freakin interrupted by Joe. Hopefully she'll learn to breathe a lil and modulate her voice, but at least the intellect/journo chops are there.

Costa is spending all his time writing a book.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, neona said:

Why Robert Costa left WW.

After three years as host and managing editor of the Friday night PBS news roundup Washington Week, Robert Costa will conclude his tenure with the 8 p.m. broadcast on Friday, January 1, 2021. Costa is leaving television to co-write a book with renowned journalist Bob Woodward.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, neona said:

Robert Costa is writing a book about the last days of the Trump Presidency.

Mika & Joe may be interviewed about their thoughts on the situation.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, neona said:

Joe is many many things....but naive is not one of them.  I have been wondering what happened to Bob Costa, too.  He hasn't been on MJ in months and months, has he?  But isn't he also on PBS News Hour?  I had never noticed Yamiche Alcindor's rushed speech before.

Had to edit...just now saw people explaining why Robert Costa isn't on anymore.  Good for him...a new opportunity.

Edited by Kemper
  • Love 4

Recap continued with more wine. Walmart Testosterone tablets  is now advertising on the show due to the lower ratings. 

Renowned UK journalist Carole Cadwaller who is a Facebook expert & has many friends on the platform said it was farcical  that the semi independent board didn't ban Trump from Facebook. Facebook should take responsibility.

Zuckerberg & Sandberg should make the decision.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Recap continued with more wine. Walmart Testosterone tablets  is now advertising on the show due to the lower ratings. 

Renowned UK journalist Carole Cadwaller who is a Facebook expert & has many friends on the platform said it was farcical  that the semi independent board didn't ban Trump from Facebook. Facebook should take responsibility.

Zuckerberg & Sandberg should make the decision.

At least the kind-of-creepy guy from Twitter...Jack something?  Didn't he have the courage (I was going to use the b...ls word) to ban Trump permanently?  Not political...just a comment on these CEOs and their foibles.  If Joe wants Zuckerberg and Sandberg to make a decision..how about Joe make a decision to not talk about Trump so often? A girl can dream.

• Love 4

Carole said Facebook was responsible for the insurrection on January 6th. people formed groups to make plans to attack the Capitol.

Joe agreed to stay after 6:30 am. He said that Clinton, Bush & Obama got re elected but Trump was too clumsy to get re elected.

Joe said Facebook is sucking up to Democrats now but they allowed Trump to stay on Facebook when he was President.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"Joe Says" so much stuff it is a wonder that he has the energy to keep going with his rants.  That might explain why he ducks out for large segments.  Fresh coffee and a power nap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

At least the kind-of-creepy guy from Twitter...Jack something?  Didn't he have the courage (I was going to use the b...ls word) to ban Trump permanently?  Not political...just a comment on these CEOs and their foibles.  If Joe wants Zuckerberg and Sandberg to make a decision..how about Joe make a decision to not talk about Trump so often? A girl can dream.

Joe wanted to the Chairman of the Facebook board but he is still mad at Zuckerberg for not giving him shares in the company before it went public.

Joe & Donny bashed Zuckerberg when the company went public. They said Mark didn't dress properly & was too young to be a CEO. Joe said the stock would be worthless. Joe was wrong.

Susan Del Percio, the Republican strategist that hasn't worked on a Republican campaign for many years said that Cheney is playing the long game. Trump may be in jail by 2024, so he can't run for President.

Joe left the show for this segment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, neona said:

It's not just Joe.  She goes a mile a minute no matter what show she's on.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jen Palmieri was on today, and they promoted this podcast she did w Mika, so i listened to it on my commute...

It's *so weird* to me how totally different Mika is on these kinds of things to the way she is on the show.

there were no stumbles or awkwardness, she was a compelling storyteller, relaxed, funny. I'm sure you guys would say I'm too easy on her, and maybe I am, but the difference is really startling!!  Is it just a Florida thing, or something else? maybe she's just better at responding naturally and spontaneously to other humans instead of staring at a monitor in a goddamn box, idk. But mainly, why doesn't she bring *this* version of herself to MJ anymore?

also it's depressing how she describes Morning Joe, because it's literally nothing like Morning Joe anymore. She basically said, and I'm quoting "Joe was tired of tee-vee, the old way....there was this incredible cast of people, who didn't think more of themselves than they should...all totally chill, being in the moment...comfortable in their own skin...we all just talked in a way that was incredibly innovative, we did not care about creating tee-vee, we just did what we wanted to do, which was talk" it's so depressing that literally none of this is true anymore, it's pretty much the exact opposite 🥴

ETA: sorry, link here https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/just-something-about-her-with-jennifer-palmieri/id1529897535?i=1000520417278

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

I tuned in at I think the 7:00 hour or so.  There was Meeka and what appeared to be hundreds of multiple screens of people.  The only ones I remember are Tim Somebody ... who is a Republican Never Trumper and wears a ponytail.  I like him and put him in the same category as Clint Watts and Simon; yes, I know he is gay. The other was Donny D who is promoting his pod cast. Sadly, he is an automatic remote grabber for me; I cannot stand him anymore.  Smug Pr...k word.

• Love 5

i always wonder how to interpret these numbers because weirdly Fox and Fuckers and New Day ratings are like divided into 3 separate hours but MJ is only one entry? Do we know why?

i liked Willie and Mika hosting this morning, it was a nice break. joe is such a looming presence I sometimes forget Mika and willie have this nice peaceful rapport and friendship, but of course it was more apparent during the studio days *cue sad violins*

they played a three-second clip on the show of Scott Gottlieb, that Joe retweeted on his twitter and Joe made it seem like Gottlieb said no indoor masking!!! everywhere!! rightnow!! ......whiiiile what he actually very carefully said in the full clip was it could be phased out by the end of the month, in areas with high vaccination rates. Yikes. it's funny, I remember during the DJT era there was a rule against journalists going on air and saying that Trump was fucking batshit nuts, because they weren't psychiatrists, and Joe was always shushing Mika when she was trying to point out how fucked we were being governed by teh crazy.

buuuuuut at the same time the Joe's public health pontificating this week is a-okay? Dude. Some dumbass is gonna take his mask off at some crowded baseball game, get Covid and sue Joe. he really needs to chill, and if he's a Dr Gottlieb fanboy, that's fair enough, just bring on Dr Gottlieb (and hey, maybe some others! or even the CDC to explain their thinking!!!) and stop this crazy-ass "science says" Dr Scarborough shit.

am I the only one who thinks these jobs numbers wildly underestimate the childcare issue? a lot of schools and daycares aren't fully open yet and i'm guessing people can't just leave their kids at home?? it's almost like someone needs to remind these media ppl that ordinary humans don't have nannies lmao.

• Love 2

I flip it on and off when I am up; but lately whenever I turn it on, Joe is not there. Face it... for better or worse, Joe IS this show. Between his absences, the now almost constant KYV (and the 50 over 50 stuff) pushing, the many people-in-squares and shenanigans, it is almost like Joe knows he is untouchable by the network. This could be entertaining because I get a feel that something is brewing.

• Love 3

it's interesting, and YMMV, but I honestly feel it's the other way around. It feels like the network etc are always over-estimating the importance of Joe like he's some kind of deity, and underestimating the contributions of Willie and Mika and the guests.

The way Mika was telling the story on that podcast, it was like, Joe *had* a primetime one-man show! and he left it, on purpose, to do something weird and unusual and interesting. And now it's like he just wants to reverse all of that, take over and have it to be Scarborough country again....buut then what was the point of it all? what was the point of this new interesting thing he created with Mika and Willie? He could've just stayed alone yelling and pontificating in primetime if that's what he *really* wanted? aggggh

• Love 2

At the end of the day this show is entertainment with a political slant (for me)..hosts come and go, shows come and go.  I don't take MJ seriously unless it is to snark and crab about it. I was getting too irritated with The Twins and had to take a break.  But.  Hopefully most of us have been vaccinated or are going to be and can get out a bit again; see family and friends for the first time in over a year or so. Grab a Starbucks! Have wine with friends.  I will sit back and take this show for what it is: overpaid, over-indulged, self-important wanna-be journalists and kingmakers posturing every morning.  There.  All better.

• Love 6

Mika was cry ranting from 6 17 am to 6 20 am at Elise Jordan. It's so bizarre to cry rant at a guest.

Elise Jordan is trying to look more professional by broadcasting from a little office library. She had a few board games such as Risk & Life at the bottom of her shelf.

What is the point of having a guest if all you do is yell at them. ?

Elise is petrified that Republicans are promoting the "Big Lie".

Elise said the Florida law was theatre.

• Love 3

Donny Deutsh came on the show to promote his podcast.

Donny said DeSantis does not want minorities to vote.

Donny said the Republicans are looking for the alternative to Trump.

Donny said someone will call Trump a loser & recapture the Republican party.

Donny said he would invite Mika to be on his podcast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was nice of the show to allow Mika's arch rival, Stephanie Ruhle on the show to discus the monthly labor report.

There were only 266K jobs created vs the 1 million expected.

Restaurants are having trouble recruiting staff.

Stephanie Ruhle said the extra unemployment benefits encourage people to stay home.

Stephanie said restaurants only offer 20 hour shifts, but full time unemployment pays much better.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said women over 50 will struggle with mental health as a result of the pandemic.

Everyone I know over 50 is struggling; just about everyone (other than the Trumpers and non-science crazies) is. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said women over 50 will struggle with mental health as a result of the pandemic.

Of course she did. We all know Mika is the center of Mika's world. She always finds a way to make herself and her little project the focus. I would venture to say that just about every age group has been struggling and some may have trouble adjusting to life's changes. It is offensive that she singles out her age group over others.

I saw you were up early recapping this morning Oakville. What did it take for that shift...Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3