Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I got my second vaxx and immediately and dutifully went to visit my parents (yay!!!! ), spending two weeks making dull-ass rounds and having coffee and sweets with a gazillion people only marginally related to me and I LITERALLY MISSED EVERYTHING gaaaah...!

So, first of all, obligatory Oakville ILY comment, you are a perfect and adorable human, and also the literary Ovid of the Internet Age, and also, OMG THEY WERE IN THE NYC STUDIO!!!! I got back last night and spent my jet-lagged morning watching my DVR'd NYC shows...

It was actually kinda funny to watch all the studio shows in one go... literally on Wednesday they were all a bit awkward and getting in the groove of things... Mika kept doing this thing where she was like "So, Jonathan Lemire...", and it was like, NO, when he's sitting right there those pompous school-style fake-ass full-name transitions aren't necessary anymore, because it's a real conversation now!!! You can literally look him in the eye and just use his first name like a normal human in a normal conversation!!

Their new NYC table is kinda weirdly shaped??? is it just me?  Their table when in DC is cozier, and uhhh rounder and smaller? I can't put my finger on it, but there's like something geometrically irritating aggg, sometimes Joe ends up way down on like the other side of the table from Mika, and it's so weird?? Just an actual basic round table like in DC is so much better gaaah. 

At one point the first day Joe was making a dull-ass speech about DJT supporters that was so repetitive most viewers could literally mouth the words along with him, and Mika was interrupting with a hilarious comments, and Joe put his head in his hands and was like "I wish I was in Florida", presumably because then he could just brutally shove her out of frame and angrily torment and yell at the audience in full screen --- idk why he doesn't realize that Mika being able to interject and troll him when he's being a dull-ass is *literally* why the studio shows are better, and why them co-hosting together is so much better, because that's the whole point!!!! IMO in those situations when he's being a dull-ass she's kinda the stand in for the audience, like Jim Halpert looking into the camera on the Office lol. When it's just Joe, staring at us, it's boring and exhausting, when it's the both of them there's a tongue-in-cheek aspect at least. ymmv

on  the Thursday show Fauci's "Joe, you weren't paying attention" moment was definitely a highlight mwuahahahahahahaha. I love that when they are on set they all actually have to pay attention to the conversation rather than looking down at their phones when other people are talking (and yes, we can all tell when they are, which is why it's so depressing)

i think Mika's women's list thingy is a nice initiative, and I liked the Kamala and Pelosi interviews...the only thing I don't like when looking at the list is all the "CEO this" "CEO that" stuff on there, like why is money and power the most relevant thing... also idk, sometimes I feel maybe her project is a bit condescending to women in creative arts, like the list was all politics, finance, science, but they didn't include the arts except the dumb bland commercial aspect of it (*cough* shonda rhimes *cough*.... *primal scream*....) 

And it's a depressing omission because Mika's mom is just an exceptional artist. And I remember Michelle Obama, she was always promoting female artists, she had Amy Sherald paint her official portrait, she highlighed female designers during her presidency and after, with this tone of respect and using her physical visibility to highlight female artists and designers, treating art and fashion as genuine expressions she could help other women communicate and promote, rather than something frivolous or unserious...idk, it's just this vibe I get from it that they think art, colors, creativity, fashion, etc is  not real or is unfeminist, and it kinda irks me, because to me it's the opposite, buuuut to be fair I think it's probably unintentional....

Loved loved Alexi back, but don't wanna restart that debate (heh), but she was amazing and I'm glad she was allowed to participate in the actual policy debate and not just kyv stuff, and also Rachel goddamn Bitecofer is such a breath of fresh air, she actually has a an original take and a real personality.... I was literally screaming in delight at my tee-vee when Lemire or Eddie (?) was like "that sounded like a GOP ad!" and she was like "HELL YEAH!" ahahahahaha!

Best convo was probably Katherine Eban.... there was none of the dumb exposition or lengthy reading, there was actual new, interesting information, a free-flowing exchange of ideas, and the people involved in the convo were actually engaged in it and seemed interested in what the guest had to say and the focus was on depth, and new information, rather than regurgitating stuff we already knew....

....yeah, i know, it's not gonna last....

• Love 1
On 6/5/2021 at 7:45 PM, Kemper said:

A late entry into Best Post of the Week!

22 hours ago, oakville said:

Has any of this ever been brought up? Has he ever talked about his former views? And how he has evolved? 

• Love 2

Only caught a very few minutes but they were of the WaPo (I think) writer, Dave someone. My first thought was they caught the guy who's been holding Lemire hostage and forcing him to do remotes against the brick walls of captivity. That was one squirrely looking guy.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has any of this ever been brought up? Has he ever talked about his former views? And how he has evolved? 

Joe used to bring up his opposition to UN funding when Trump used to call in daily on the show.

I remember when Joe used to brag that young people were becoming more pro life , but he is very reluctant to discuss the issue now.

I do remember when Joe joked about having some radical views when he was in Congress, but he rarely bring it up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Monday mini recap.

The show opened up with clips of the D Day invasion of Normandy & Bobby Kennedy giving a speech in South Africa.

Mika & Joe are back in the Florida bunker.

Joe supported the invasion of France & Bobby Kennedy going to South Africa.

Mika's daughter is also born on June 6th. She is 23.

In the movie the Omen, Damien Thorn was also born on June 6th.

Lemire went to Normandy in 2019 for the 75th anniversary of the invaion.

Mika' face looks very polished. Does she have a new makeup artist ?

Senator Mancin will not support abolishing the filibuter & changing voting rules.

Joe is wearing glasses & a suit for gravitas.

Joe said he was right about HR#1 being shot down. Joe blamed Democrats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe made fun of Trump's staff that supported overturning the election reults. Trump' staff is filled with conspiracy theorists.

Charlie Sykes said that Trump cannot be reinstated as President.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

it was weird to me how there was no discussion on whether or not that golfing dude had been vaccinated.... I mean wouldn't that be the most relevant point?

They kinda spent a lot of time the past year yelling at teachers for being "lazy" when they were just asking for basic safe working conditions.... buuuut the poor widdle (probably) UN-VAXXED golfer gets, um, sympathy? ugh

anyhoo at least Kurt B brought his A-game. And Dorothy Brown!! there was also a 2-minute stretch were joe allowed mika to speak uninterrupted, yay.

i miss the real studio so much already, i can't believe it was only 3 days.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oakville...please tell me a lot of these recaps are just you putting a fun spin on some of the conversations. Jonathan Lemire and his agreeing all the time; sadly, he has become one of the worst of the many toadies.

And yes! You are so right!!!  I thought Meeka’s face looked swollen (yes! you are so right again with “polished”) that I wondered if she had some fillers or work done last week. Didn’t want to say anything because I am always so catty about her. So, Oakville - extra wine or bourbon for you tonight.

Edited by Kemper
Added a few words.
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville...please tell me a lot of these recaps are just you putting a fun spin on some of the conversations. Jonathan Lemire and his agreeing all the time; sadly, he has become one of the worst of the many toadies.

And yes! You are so right!!!  I thought Meeka’s face looked swollen (yes! you are so right again with “polished”) that I wondered if she had some fillers or work done last week. Didn’t want to say anything because I am always so catty about her. So, Oakville - extra wine or bourbon for you tonight.

Ha!. Lemire did agree with Joe, so it wasn't a joke.

It's possible that Mika got some work done while she was in NY. Joe may have had a coupon for some discounts on cosmetic work.

I hope to celebrate with champagne tonight if Montreal sweeps Winnipeg in the NHL Playoff.

The rest of the family is looking forward to watching Below Deck & The Bachelorette.

• LOL 2

Oakville... my Canes are fading fast; don’t see them coming back from this deficit. Hopefully, you will sip champagne tonight; and maybe drink from the Cup soon.

• Love 1

Guys, I think what you were noticing was that Mika most definitely was not in Florida with Joe. Her backdrop was two shades darker and the lighting was atrocious, so it was definitely some other place, maybe their vacation home or sth. i swear i'm not crazy, just literally trained to notice changes in light and colors 😂

Her face looked fine to me but ymmv. But yes the lighting was pretty bad

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are back in the Florida bunker

It's interesting that it is Mika's extracurricular gigs that get Joe out of his tax shelter in Florida. The thing in DC for her mother and the Forbes thing last week...I have to give her credit for that, at least. 

17 minutes ago, neona said:

Guys, I think what you were noticing was that Mika most definitely was not in Florida with Joe. Her backdrop was two shades darker and the lighting was atrocious, so it was definitely some other place,

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Maybe she's with her girls.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am always so catty about her.

Be cattier.  For example, this morning she seems more platinum and her haircut seems more severe.  Despite slouching like she's competing for the US Olympic slouching squad, and wearing bathrobes, her profile seems really, really busty.  She also seems profoundly sullen.
She doesn't like her job.  Does she even know there is an international shaminar that teaches professional women to know their value?

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville... my Canes are fading fast; don’t see them coming back from this deficit. Hopefully, you will sip champagne tonight; and maybe drink from the Cup soon.

I got up late today after celebrating Montreal's victory ! 

15 hours ago, neona said:

Guys, I think what you were noticing was that Mika most definitely was not in Florida with Joe. Her backdrop was two shades darker and the lighting was atrocious, so it was definitely some other place, maybe their vacation home or sth. i swear i'm not crazy, just literally trained to notice changes in light and colors 😂

Her face looked fine to me but ymmv. But yes the lighting was pretty bad

That makes sense ! I found it odd that Joe mentioned her daughter's birthday. she might be visiting one of them.

• Love 1

What has become of us?  Last week the comments on here were flying; this week...not so much.  Are we just sick to death of this show in general or The Twins in particular?  Oakville...have you seen anything about the ratings?  Also Mr. O...am taking some hockey talk to Small Talk!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

What has become of us?  Last week the comments on here were flying; this week...not so much.  Are we just sick to death of this show in general or The Twins in particular?

Hey if Joe can keep the schedule of a part-time employee and MJ can wrap up the show at 8:55am like they did yesterday we can kick back for a few days!

I think I have serious burnout from watching bad behavior without consequence. Also, I am really hating my job and shockingly Mika is not helping me know my value and confidently state my brand.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Kemper said:

What has become of us?  Last week the comments on here were flying; this week...not so much.  Are we just sick to death of this show in general or The Twins in particular?  Oakville...have you seen anything about the ratings?  Also Mr. O...am taking some hockey talk to Small Talk!

The website where I get the ratings has not updated since May 12.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/

I watch CNBC in the morning & if I get a chance I will recap Morning Joe later in the day or evening. It's a tough show to recap because I get annoyed by Mika & Joe's antics.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Hey if Joe can keep the schedule of a part-time employee and MJ can wrap up the show at 8:55am like they did yesterday we can kick back for a few days!

I think I have serious burnout from watching bad behavior without consequence. Also, I am really hating my job and shockingly Mika is not helping me know my value and confidently state my brand.

Hey, Chick! Here's an idea: What about asking Mika to come and do a KYV make-over! I imagine she's itching for a new project now that the stupid Forbes 50/50 crap is over. She can bring her vast experience and wisdom on all things real working women have to cope with and I'm sure she'd offer practical tips for getting through the grind each day! (IIRC, you're in FL so it could easily be done in person!) Imagine that! She'll turn your life around. You could be featured on her website and end up having segments on MJ showing your progress! Maybe she'll even bring her hair and make-up guy Wilbert!

(Kidding.)

Nothing about Mika, Joe, or the Zoom-ey Squares interest me. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Hey, Chick! Here's an idea: What about asking Mika to come and do a KYV make-over! I imagine she's itching for a new project now that the stupid Forbes 50/50 crap is over.

Genius.
She'll show up, jam her hand into her cardigan pocket and pull out a giant fistful of cake and chomp on it, looking Chick up and down.  Then she'll say through a mouth snarfling sponge cake: "Do you even own Louboutins?  I dunno.  Sleep with your boss?  That seems to work."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Hey Mika, try to get the facts straight just once.  This morning she referred to Mitch McConnell as the Senate Majority Leader.  He is not.  Also, why can't this show go back to everyone in the studio like last week? The show ran so much better with everyone in the same room.  Although I'm sure Joe doesn't want that because then he'd be forced to sit there when Mika or someone else was conducting a book interview.  That happened last week and he just had his arms folded in front of him looking extremely bored.  When he's in the bunker, he can just leave and go take a nap or whatever.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Genius.
She'll show up, jam her hand into her cardigan pocket and pull out a giant fistful of cake and chomp on it, looking Chick up and down.  Then she'll say through a mouth snarfling sponge cake: "Do you even own Louboutins?  I dunno.  Sleep with your boss?  That seems to work."

And if there's a desk around, she'll get on top of it, lean back and stick her legs up in the air!

• LOL 4

I just saw that Meeka got her very own story/mention on Mediaite!  The headline (paraphrasing) ... Meeka B calls out K Harris for her handling of questions regarding border visit.

But. Here is apparently an exact quote from Her Nibs:  "Part of Leading is Optics"; so do we laugh or cry?  This coming from maybe any other women on a cable newscast would be fine; but from this entitled twit?  Geez.  Has this woman actually ever, in her entire life, had to work for anything regarding her career?  I think the family name even got her into college.  And she has a cottage industry going for Women Knowing Their Value.  And an entire coterie of women who have latched onto this - some just to get Face Time on a network show.  So maybe Meeka is smarter than all the rest.  Basically, she is a high-class grifter.

A shallow saucer of cream awaits me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

A shallow saucer of cream awaits me.

Just because you are a woman talking about another woman does not make you catty.

If you were a man saying the same thing about another man, it would never occur to a soul, including yourself, that you were being catty.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meeka B calls out K Harris for her handling of questions regarding border visit.

Whoa. Guess now the 50 Over 50 has been reduced to 49 Over 50. That didn't take long. Knives Out Mika. Shocked that she went after her "big get" especially since she is the last person to talk about optics. Does she not realize that everyone witnessed her flagrant behavior over the last decade or so? Doesn't she have a manager or PR person or someone to rein her in? Joe apparently doesn't care. I fully understand the criticism of the VP but Mika is wrong messenger. (Granted she's talking about leadership/optics but having her in any way judge anyone about optics is outrageous.) Was Joe off? Is that why she was leading that conversation?

59 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Whoa. Guess now the 50 Over 50 has been reduced to 49 Over 50. That didn't take long. Knives Out Mika. Shocked that she went after her "big get" especially since she is the last person to talk about optics. Does she not realize that everyone witnessed her flagrant behavior over the last decade or so? Doesn't she have a manager or PR person or someone to rein her in? Joe apparently doesn't care. I fully understand the criticism of the VP but Mika is wrong messenger. (Granted she's talking about leadership/optics but having her in any way judge anyone about optics is outrageous.) Was Joe off? Is that why she was leading that conversation?

Mika had the chance to question VP Harris over the border issues when she interviewed her last week. 

• Love 5

Wednesday mini recap.

Jimmy Fallon made fun of VP Kamala answering a question about her visiting the Mexican border.

VP Kamala has not been to Europe.

Mika laughed. Mika is wearing her black cardigan. She is taking fashion advice from Rachel Maddow.

The infrasture talks with the GOP have failed.

Joe is not on the set.

Shannon Pettypiece & Amanda Punchbowl are the special guests.

• Love 5

Mika said Biden' goal for his trip to Europe was to have America take back its place on the world stage. Mika read her notes very carefully so a not to stumble over the words.

Mika is crossing her arms to make herself look like a serious cable news host.

Richard Haas said they will discuss taxes & climate change.

The USA is doing better with vaccines.

Haas & Willie are in the studio together.

There won't be any circus stunts like when Trump was President.

Putin is opposed to USA Democracy. Biden doen't want to have a fight with Putin.

Cicadas attacked Lemire's plane to Europe. Mika does not like Cicadas. Biden ordered pizza for them.

Mika said Biden' goal for his trip to Europe was to have America take back its place on the world stage. Mika read her notes very carefully so a not to stumble over the words.

Richard Haas said they will discuss taxes & climate change.

The USA is doing better with vaccines.

Haas & Willie are in the studio together.

There won't be any circus stunts like when Trump was President.

Putin is opposed to USA Democracy. Biden doen't want to have a fight with Putin.

Cicadas attacked Lemire's plane to Europe. Mika does not like Cicadas. Biden ordered pizza for them.

Willie said that states are giving away weed, alcohol & lottery tickets to get vaccines.

Haas said billions want the vaccine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wednesday mini recap.

Oakville...this particular sentence in your recap has captured my interest.  Is “Punchbowl” a pseudonym or an actual name?

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Crashcourse...you win this week!  Actually, Oakville wins every week for doing the recaps.  They are so much better than the show.  

Hah, thanks!

I sit at the knee of Oakville!

38 minutes ago, oakville said:

This cracked me up. 😅

• LOL 3
44 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Wednesday mini recap.

Oakville...this particular sentence in your recap has captured my interest.  Is “Punchbowl” a pseudonym or an actual name?

This was a head scratcher at first for me too! Had to google Amanda Punchbowl and came up with Anna Palmer from Punchbowl news. Clever, Oakville!

She is taking fashion advice from Rachel Maddow.

Ha! Just like she tries to copy her elocution skills when reading copy...her flubs give her away though. 

• Love 3

Recap continued after a few glasses of wine at dinner.

Marc Morial supports the John Lewis voting act. He want Mancin to reconsider his vote.

Morial compared Senator Mitch to Strom Thurmond. Voter suppression is wrong according to Morial.

Senator Mitch doesn't support any changes to voter laws.

Anna said that there is no bipartisan support for new voter laws.

Mika reported on Emmanuel Macron getting slapped by a voter. Haas said France is divided & said it was a "manifestation" or protest in french, Mika sad it was scary.

Mika said Joe protected her during her book tours from unruly fans that tried to flirt with her. 

Uk Ambassador Pierce who shares the same hairstylist as UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson

She said Johnson is looking forward to meeting Biden.

• Love 4
(edited)

Haas said that Johnson wants to vaccinate the entire planet by the end of 2022.

Pierce is wearing a navy blue shirt with big buttons.

VP Harris interview with Lester Holt. Holt wore a suit & proper shoes. He didn't wear hiking boots for his interview with the VP like Mika did lat week.

She hasn't been at the border or Europe.

Harris did visit to the border when she was a senator from California.

Haas said the USA should give the migrant vaccines.

Mika said Harris gave a poor answer. Mika raised her voice to Haas. She said that Harris should ask the countries why people are leaving Central America.

Mika said optics are important.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

it's a religious affiliation. //hiccup

dude what's with the cicadas??? DC PEOPLE are you okay??? is it end times? is the potomac red?? is the amtrak on time? WHAT'S HAPPENING

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Pelosi will have a House investigation on a January 6th commission.

Mitch won't say if it was an insurrection.

Mika tried to do a Joe style rant about Mitch

4 minutes ago, neona said:

it's a religious affiliation. //hiccup

dude what's with the cicadas??? DC PEOPLE are you okay??? is it end times? is the potomac red?? is the amtrak on time? WHAT'S HAPPENING

Anna Palmer works for Punchbowl news. They produce an email newsletter .

• Love 3

There was a report on billionaires not paying tax. It's not illegal, because wealth isn't taxed.

The data was leaked from the IRS.

Anand showed up from his dragon lair. Anand said billionaires can pick whatever income they want.

Mika crossed her arms.

Anand did not mention that Mika & Joe moved to Florida to save state taxes on their $15million combined annual salaries.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5