Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

idk i guess I just don't see co-workers getting married like 12 years later suddenly means that everything they ever did or said before that was part of some kind of intricate! sexual! plot!.... rather than just actual humans living complicated lives and trying to figure crazy shit out...but also i don't know and have no special knowledge...anyhoo i will take my gin and tonic and please make it a double... 😂

• Love 1
On 4/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, neona said:

but not shady, i mean the whole situation was a bit fucked up i guess he was just tryin to bypass the formalities... 

Bypassing the formalities, to me, is exactly what makes it shady. If this was all out in the open and Joe consulted Mika and she had some say in the matter...the formalities...none of this would be an issue and frankly would be none of our business. The fact that Mika made a story of this does no favors for their reputations, in my eyes. Using this story as a basis for her vanity project wasn't a great choice. Has she been mentioning her KYV much lately? Is the Great Women Over 50 thing over?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So many of us have been watching this show from the beginning; we have just about seen it all.  Slap and tickle, inappropriate behavior, tantrums, storming off set due to Paris Hilton, laziness, entitlement, inappropriate wardrobe, fits of laughter (I actually never minded those...wish we had more of them).  It is difficult for many of us to see a woman given a very public job based on name recognition or looks, then not even trying to put in the work any other woman or man would do.  This is why we comment on Meeka. It has played out now for years; and the network has allowed the KYV vanity project; the home studio(s) ...yes, I still wonder if they are deducting two home offices..and basically keeping a "hands off" approach while ratings drop.  To be fair, it does give us tons of stuff to snark on.  

We are very vocal (and mean girl, speaking of myself) on these subjects.  It can be difficult for someone newer to the show and board to understand our venom (well, my venom) towards The Twins.  We usually rant on; and even though we probably disagree on many things, we don't say we disagree. That can take the spontaneity out of our "wit" and comments.  Just me?  Also, age differences can make a difference in our comments; and language.  

So...there is room for everyone.  During this last year-and-a-half, between losing Mr. Kemper, not being able to physically hug my family, being isolated, etc., has made me appreciate coming to this thread to see the comments.  Everyone has had a terrible year; we are still struggling with this seemingly-never-ending pandemic.  Since I am older, I can get a bit gun-shy if I have to explain why I am a bitch about The Twins.  We is all bitchy sometimes.  

Sorry this has been so long; I have bored people to tears before.  Mr. Kemper used to tell me that not everyone needs to hear my opinion 24 hours a day.  Mr. Kemper was so right!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Bypassing the formalities, to me, is exactly what makes it shady. If this was all out in the open and Joe consulted Mika and she had some say in the matter...the formalities...none of this would be an issue and frankly would be none of our business. The fact that Mika made a story of this does no favors for their reputations, in my eyes. Using this story as a basis for her vanity project wasn't a great choice. Has she been mentioning her KYV much lately? Is the Great Women Over 50 thing over?

Mika's book was published in 2010 which is prior to Joe's separation from Susan. I find it fascinating to re read it now given what has happened to Mika & Joe's marriages to their former spouses. 

It seems obvious to me now that Joe was physically attracted to Mika in 2007 as well as her dad's connections.

I believe that someone on this forum pointed out that Joe hired the children of Washington insiders to be on the show, so that they could attract high quality guests. Willie's dad was a well known journalist at CBS. Mika's dad was a NSC advisor for President Carter, Halperin's dad was a well known journalist, Harold Ford Jr's dad was a long term congressman.

Joe was smart to do this & get guests from both sides of the political aisle. The show was very interesting to watch from 2008-2015 due to the high caliber guests they had.

I do wonder what would have happened to Mika if she had quit the show in 2009 ? Would she have gone back to being a local anchor?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

So many of us have been watching this show from the beginning; we have just about seen it all.  Slap and tickle, inappropriate behavior, tantrums, storming off set due to Paris Hilton, laziness, entitlement, inappropriate wardrobe, fits of laughter (I actually never minded those...wish we had more of them).  It is difficult for many of us to see a woman given a very public job based on name recognition or looks, then not even trying to put in the work any other woman or man would do.  This is why we comment on Meeka. It has played out now for years; and the network has allowed the KYV vanity project; the home studio(s) ...yes, I still wonder if they are deducting two home offices..and basically keeping a "hands off" approach while ratings drop.  To be fair, it does give us tons of stuff to snark on.  

I am trying to think of any similar relationship between co hosts on cable news.

The marriage & divorce of John King & Dana Bash at CNN is the closest I can think off the top of my head. Dana & John are still civil to each other when they are on air together.

I do believe that MSNBC cares more about the profits that Morning Joe generated for the network & let Mika & Joe get away with producing a boring show in their home.

Mika & Joe's personal feuds with President Trump made them millions of dollars & the network was more than happy to cash in on their dispute.

From a "snarking" perspective, it's a gold mine.

• Love 5

Today, Joe: children have to be back in school.  Sorry, teachers, this is what needs to happen.  

Joe: it’s a terrible mental health crisis for children.

Joe:  it’s really about the economy.  These parents need to get back to cleaning buildings.  Getting children back in school will help the economy.  

All this in less than three minutes!

• LOL 7

Granted, I woke up in a mood this morning but something really doesn't sit right listening to a guy who has the financial ability to fly 1,200 miles to watch a ballgame during a pandemic and return to work the next day complain about Boston remaining strict about lockdown when most Americans haven't been able to receive vaccinations. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Granted, I woke up in a mood this morning but something really doesn't sit right listening to a guy who has the financial ability to fly 1,200 miles to watch a ballgame during a pandemic and return to work the next day complain about Boston remaining strict about lockdown when most Americans haven't been able to receive vaccinations. 

Just opened the dictionary to the word pompous and, you guessed it, there was Joe's photo! For the record, his rant about Boston was mostly untrue.  Many business HAVE re-opened, and most public schools will re-open in-person learning today.  Private schools have been open for some time. Most folks wear masks and social distance, and the vaccination rate is high.  Truth.  So, Joe, stick a sock in it.  You know only what your beady little eyes saw as you drove through the city to your private sky box.  Before rants, maybe do some homework.  And yes, I'm from Boston. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, oakville said:

I believe that someone on this forum pointed out that Joe hired the children of Washington insiders to be on the show, so that they could attract high quality guests. Willie's dad was a well known journalist at CBS. Mika's dad was a NSC advisor for President Carter, Halperin's dad was a well known journalist, Harold Ford Jr's dad was a long term congressman.

Such a coincidence to see this posted as just this morning I was reading an old Vanity Fair mag article about private jets and how the owners curry favor with others by offering rides. Guess who was mentioned? Joe and Rattner! To paraphrase: "Who knows the amount of goodwill that Steve Rattner generated by giving MSNBC host Joe S. lifts back and forth to Martha's Vineyard on the Falcon jet Rattner himself pilots. Rattner and his charts have been a regular feature on MJ for years." Hmmm.

9 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

So, Joe, stick a sock in it.  You know only what your beady little eyes saw as you drove through the city to your private sky box.  Before rants, maybe do some homework.  And yes, I'm from Boston. 

I'd have thought he learned his lesson about scolding others after he and Barnicle were caught unmasked on that city bench while on vacation in MA last summer. His pomposity is indeed sickening.

Edited by plumbago blues
Pre-coffee typo!
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

It was a shame that Joe wasn't asked to sing the national anthem at Fenway Park on Friday. Joe said his throat was a bit scratchy so he couldn't do the anthem justice.

Joe has been a fan of the team since they won a World Series in 2007.

Joe has been instrumental in convincing Red Sox owners to invest in getting the best players since Morning Joe started airing.

There are unconfirmed reports that Joe will be involved in bringing free agents to Boston next season.

It's important for a team like the Red Sox to attract celebrity fans like Joe Scarborough to build its profile.

Red Sox fans know that they only won 1 World Series in 2004 prior to Joe's endorsement of the team. 

Joe's advice to the Red Sox has resulted in World Series wins in 2007,2013 & 2018.

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Such a coincidence to see this posted as just this morning I was reading an old Vanity Fair mag article about private jets and how the owner's curry favor with others by offering rides. Guess who was mentioned? Joe and Rattner! To paraphrase: "Who knows the amount of goodwill that Steve Rattner generated by giving MSNBC host Joe S. lifts back and forth to Martha's Vineyard on the Falcon jet Rattner himself pilots. Rattner and his charts have been a regular feature on MJ for years." Hmmm.

I'd have thought he learned his lesson about scolding others after he and Barnicle were caught unmasked on that city bench while on vacation in MA last summer. His pomposity is indeed sickening.

I didn't realize that Ratner gives lifts to Mika & Joe when they are on Martha's Vineyard, but it makes sense.

Ratner was able to be the unofficial campaign spokesperson for Mike Bloomberg during his presidential campaign last year. Ratner would frequently use his platform on Morning Joe to attack Senators Elizabeth Warren & Senator Bernie Sanders. 

The show was slow to disclose that Ratner was managing Mike Bloomberg's money when he appeared.

I remember when Joe started complaining about bed bugs at Trump resorts last year, and Donald Trump Jr tweeted that Joe never had a problem staying at Mar A Largo when Trump offered him & his kids complimentary stays at the Club before he ran for President. Joe is such a grifter.

• Love 5

And why does it take so long for these shows and these rich hypocrites to disclose their Conflicts of Interest? We know they have no real conscience; but where is the legal team for the network?  I turned off of Rattigan for good during that time. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And why does it take so long for these shows and these rich hypocrites to disclose their Conflicts of Interest? We know they have no real conscience; but where is the legal team for the network?  I turned off of Rattigan for good during that time. 

I am puzzled by the lack of disclosures, but it does reduce confidence that viewers have in watching the shows.

• Love 5

Monday Mini recap. Joe is solo today because Mika wanted to sleep in & Willie always gets Mondays off.

Joe is upset at the Red Sox getting swept. Kasie was happy that the Orioles swept the Red Sox.

Joe is wearing extra makeup today.Joe mentioned Dr Martin Luther King 's anniversary of his death. Rev Al used to work for him when he was 13 years old.

My Pug, Boo is barking at the tv because there were dogs on the screen.

Joe said that MLK gave an amazing speech on April 3rd 1968 before being killed.

Joe said there was some progress on race in the last 50 years, but the trial of Derek Chavin could lead to riots if he is acquitted.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Just opened the dictionary to the word pompous and, you guessed it, there was Joe's photo! For the record, his rant about Boston was mostly untrue.  Many business HAVE re-opened, and most public schools will re-open in-person learning today.  Private schools have been open for some time. Most folks wear masks and social distance, and the vaccination rate is high.  Truth.  So, Joe, stick a sock in it.  You know only what your beady little eyes saw as you drove through the city to your private sky box.  Before rants, maybe do some homework.  And yes, I'm from Boston. 

Shockingly, his narrative re vaccine availability in south Florida was in my opinion way off the mark as well. Two government websites provided conflicting eligibility dates, most pharmacies in this area don't have stock or are booked through the next month, and now 18 y/o and up are now eligible. My 2nd dose appointment has been cancelled due to no stock. 

I think there are some people hard at work to ensure supply issues are resolved quickly, but Joe dismissively stating that almost everyone's got their shots in Florida really set my hair on fire this morning.

• Love 4

I'm not a soccer fan, but it was pleasant this morning to have Roger Bennett and Joe discuss the games and the panel discussing baseball without Mika trying to shut down the conversation within the first 5 seconds.  It only took about 5 minutes total.  When you have a 3-hour show Mika, there's no reason to try to suppress all sports conversaion because you don't like it.  I also enjoyed Nathan Lane's interview during the last half hour.  God, I am so ready for Broadway shows to return.  I live in New York and that was a staple of my life.  It cannot return soon enough.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, chick binewski said:

It's all the more infuriating because he got vaxxed in Florida and is flying to Massachusetts, where it is impossible to even get an appointment.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

i was half-watching, doing other stuff, and also checking twitter, and a lot of Bostonians like you were saying exactly this. I don't expect to always agree w Joe but it's surprising when he goes on these rants without...reading first? And Steph Ruhle was saying this other epidemiologist guy whose name escapes me was basically on MTP saying the exact opposite of Joe's saying everything is ok to reopen, so which is it?? also isn't the most disturbing part of the Georgia thing that it gives the legislature control of the election board....gaah i wish i had slept in. Damn insomnia. I miss Willie and Mika.

ETA: though Katty and Kasie were great

Edited by neona
On 4/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, neona said:

i guess I just don't see co-workers getting married like 12 years later suddenly means that everything they ever did or said before that was part of some kind of intricate! sexual! plot

I bet her husband disagrees with that take.   May not have been intricate.  May not have been her plot.  But where are we now?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Linda956 said:

When you have a 3-hour show Mika, there's no reason to try to suppress all sports conversaion because you don't like it.

3 hours is being generous. Think of the re-run being shown within the show. They have plenty of time to expand into popular culture that would be of interest to a wider audience but that would take, you know, work and research. Thus, they just rehash the same stories over and over and hope for a guest or two to stop by shilling their latest book.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

It's all the more infuriating because he got vaxxed in Florida and is flying to Massachusetts, where it is impossible to even get an appointment.

I will recap the rest of Morning Joe later tonight but I prefer to watch the Blue Jays  - Texas Rangers baseball game now. The Jays are winning !

I am curious if Joe will mention the Matt Gaetz scandal or the 60 Minutes story last night on Florida Gov De Santis sending vaccines to the wealthy parts of Palm Beach County in January 2021. It just so happens that Mika & Joe live in Palm Beach County. 

Joe's silence on both of those issues will be telling.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

3 hours is being generous. Think of the re-run being shown within the show. They have plenty of time to expand into popular culture that would be of interest to a wider audience but that would take, you know, work and research. Thus, they just rehash the same stories over and over and hope for a guest or two to stop by shilling their latest book.

The show used to cover popular culture during its heyday. Donnie Deutsch used to come on the show to promote his sitcoms & they would invite people to promote their movies. The show had to work around Mika's inability to study her briefing notes. Mika famously botched introducing Bradley Cooper's movie the A - Team as the A Squad, but at least remembered who Bradley Cooper was. Willie & Joe usually handled the movie interviews after that.

Mika once went on  tirade against James Bond movies a few years ago, because she said could predict that the villains in the movie would get killed.

The show also invited guests on how to deal with teenagers. Mika was upset at her kids ordering pizza & using Facebook back in 2010.

There were also interviews with up & coming companies etc. It was a more well rounded show.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, oakville said:

The show used to cover popular culture during its heyday. Donnie Deutsch used to come on the show to promote his sitcoms & they would invite people to promote their movies. The show had to work around Mika's inability to study her briefing notes. Mika famously botched introducing Bradley Cooper's movie the A - Team as the A Squad, but at least remembered who Bradley Cooper was. Willie & Joe usually handled the movie interviews after that.

Mika once went on  tirade against James Bond movies a few years ago, because she said could predict that the villains in the movie would get killed.

The show also invited guests on how to deal with teenagers. Mika was upset at her kids ordering pizza & using Facebook back in 2010.

There were also interviews with up & coming companies etc. It was a more well rounded show.

And News You Can't Use!  Honestly, I quite enjoyed the show Mika hosted on her own and thought Joe alone was absolutely obnoxious!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

And News You Can't Use!  Honestly, I quite enjoyed the show Mika hosted on her own and thought Joe alone was absolutely obnoxious!

Yes ! I bought Willie's "News You can't Use Book". I am a bit embarrassed.

Solo Joe is snark worthy & deserves a recap. Off to the Wine Cellar!

• LOL 5
(edited)

aw Joe made Dr Fauci laugh! That was cute, he deserves a break. I hope when this shitshow ends he gets to go to a beach somewhere and be fanned with palm leaves and fed individual grapes etc

ETA: fauci, that is, not joe! sorry for any disturbing mental images caused by lack of clarification  

Edited by neona
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Dr. Fauci is always so gracious no matter the setting. I want him to do a weekly Q&A on TRMS.

Maybe I misread the tone but even though he agreed I don't think Fauci was as passionate about saving the children! and opening schools as Joe is. We have a lot of people not socially distancing here and entitled children who think they deserve proms no matter what (not to mention a teacher who solicited a toddler online but that's another terrible matter). We're into April now and I think it's worth a debate whether to hold off until Aug/Sept to reopen schools that are still partially remote.

This Kaku guy seems super smart but I need more coffee for this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, neona said:

aw Joe made Dr Fauci laugh! That was cute, he deserves a break. I hope when this shitshow ends he gets to go to a beach somewhere and be fanned with palm leaves and fed individual grapes etc

ETA: fauci, that is, not joe! sorry for any disturbing mental images caused by lack of clarification  

Mika has acknowledged feeding Joe with grapes while reading passages from his book on President Truman on a TelePrompter. Joe gets an extra grape every time Mika flubs a line while reading.

• LOL 7

Tuesday Recap.

Mika is off. Willie is back with Lemire. It's Red Sox & Yankees talk.

Joe talked about the Emperor in Star Wars.

Willie was happy that Baylor won the NCAA basketball championship. Stanford won the women's title.

Willie could be a sportscaster.

Michael Steele & Victoria De Sota are the special guests.

Mika is in the South of France. Joe compared her to the Talented Mr Ripley who was a murderer.

Joe said he was working so Mika could enjoy her time in Europe. (Mika is not in Europe)

First topic: The MLB All Star game.

They quoted Rubio , It will hurt small minority owned business in Atlanta & Manfred was a hypocrite for keeping his membership at the Augusta Golf Club where the Masters is held.

Joe said he doesn't like Rubio stunts but Rubio is right about the MLB being hypocritical.

Michael Steele said it was OK for Manfred to keep his membership at the Golf Club because they allow Blacks & Jews to be members.

• Love 2

Steele disagreed with Joe. Joe tried to get Victoria to agree with him.

Joe said Stacy Abrams & Jon Ossof disagree with the boycott.

Joe said Manfred does business with Cuba & China.

Joe said that middle class & working class people will be hurt.

Victoria agreed with Michael Steele. Joe is 0-2 !

It's up to Jonathan Lemire to save Joe from striking out.

Victoria said that the GOP could win the culture war.

Senator Mitch said CEO's should stay out of politics.

• Love 2

Lemire said the GOP is focused on culture war issues rather than focused on the pandemic.

Lemire said it was easier to vote in Colorado.

Lemire said that Trump liked Coke & Trump still drinks Diet Coke !

Joe has a button & he gets ribs from Tukaloosa Alabama.

Joe said it was lunacy to move baseball games to Colorado based on voting rules. Joe said it was ridiculous.

Joe said Democrats will lose. Joe said he spoke to "Data Republicans". ( Brent Spiner from Star Trek the Next Generation.  🙂 )

Joe said he knew Trump would win Florida because the data people told him that hispanics hate socialism, defunding the police & the NFL.

Joe said players kneeling in the NFL turned off male voters of all colors.

Joe said the GOP will benefit from the culture war despite being on the wrong side of covid relief.

For the record, Joe was not as confident about a GOP victory in Florida in 2020. He said that Biden would get increased support from white seniors because Trump couldn't handle covid.

• Love 1

I skipped the Derek Chauvin trial. There is nothing funny about that.

At 6 33 am, Joe tried to bring up another wedge issue, about school staying closed in California & NY

Joe made fun of the teachers union in California that want free childcare for their kids before they agree to go back into the classroom.

Willie said parents in NYC are tired of keeping their kids at home.

Willie said that Trump & the Mayors are not following science about school.

Joe said there is a mental health crisis sweeping America because kids are not in school.

Joe said Dr Fauci agrees with him.

Joe basically said the teachers were wimps to not reopen schools.

• Love 3

Lemire is worried that Republicans could gain support from frustrated parent who are mad at their kids not being able to go to school.

Joe said there are over 100 million vaccinated, so its ok for kids to be back in school. Joe will not wait till September.

Victoria said her 6 & 7 year old kids tune out to online school. The kids are usually in  a classroom school. She said kid are hurt by not going to school .

I find it absolutely hilarious that Joe demands that kids go back to a crowded school yet he & Mika refuse to appear on camera together in a home based studio. Furthermore, they refuse to go back to the NY studio & host a show with Willie or even interview guests in person in a Florida studio.

• Love 8

I would like to quote all the recaps that Oakville has done for this morning’s show.  But my blood pressure couldn’t take it.  There is nothing richer than a group of entitled rich people preaching about anything that impacts working people, especially teachers and schools.  Have all the teachers been vaccinated? That, to me, is worth discussing.  School bus drivers? Cafeteria workers?  

So let’s talk about your Red Sox season’s tickets, vacations, etc.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, oakville said:

It's up to Jonathan Lemire to save Joe from striking out.

Ha! I see what you did there. 

I could only watch the beginning today as had to hustle to get to my vax appnt. It was just great to see the 3 guys laughing and joking. Such a change from the usual gloom, doom, and lecturing. No Mika to stifle the joy. 

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Have all the teachers been vaccinated? That, to me, is worth discussing.  School bus drivers? Cafeteria workers?  

All teachers, all support staff, Head Start, preschool and childcare providers of any type have been eligible in TX since March 3. I hoped other states followed suit.

• Love 5

I laughed out loud when even Willie acknowledged at about 6:10am that if Mika were here, she would have shut down their sports discussions about "7 minutes ago." Everyone seemed happier and much looser without her there constantly trying to shut everyone up.  Even Dr. Fauci said he was a Yankees fan.  What I want to know is (assuming Joe was serious), what is Mika doing in the South of France?  Is the country even open for vacations and is it Mika's habit to take vacations alone?  I doubt it's a Know Your Value seminar in the South of France!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I would like to quote all the recaps that Oakville has done for this morning’s show.  But my blood pressure couldn’t take it.  There is nothing richer than a group of entitled rich people preaching about anything that impacts working people, especially teachers and schools.  Have all the teachers been vaccinated? That, to me, is worth discussing.  School bus drivers? Cafeteria workers?  

ikr. I don't know the details of everything, i mean hopefully they are mostly in the process of getting vaxxed now, buuuut what. is. up. with the rhetoric out there? I have family members who are middle school teachers working their butts off. If you meet someone who's an army vet people usually go "thank you for your service", not "but there were no WMD's why did YOU lie???" -- it's so weird teachers individually are basically being blamed for shit that's mostly out of their control, and it seems to me that sometimes they're just like, asking for basic things? my aunt was describing it as being like "you can safely fly a plane if you have a license! and a crew! and a functioning plane! and safety equipment!" and she was like, yeah I got the license.... but half the crew is sick or in quarantine, the plane is old and missing an engine and we're still waiting for the safety stuff...and everyone is going why aren't YOU flying that plane right now?? right now?? Yikes...

1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

What I want to know is (assuming Joe was serious), what is Mika doing in the South of France?  Is the country even open for vacations and is it Mika's habit to take vacations alone?  I doubt it's a Know Your Value seminar in the South of France!

she's not in the South of France, he's just trolling. He's been saying that for years, haha

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

I laughed out loud when even Willie acknowledged at about 6:10am that if Mika were here, she would have shut down their sports discussions about "7 minutes ago." Everyone seemed happier and much looser without her there constantly trying to shut everyone up.  Even Dr. Fauci said he was a Yankees fan.  What I want to know is (assuming Joe was serious), what is Mika doing in the South of France?  Is the country even open for vacations and is it Mika's habit to take vacations alone?  I doubt it's a Know Your Value seminar in the South of France!

Mika is not in the South of France. There is a photo of her with Joe yesterday on Instagram.

Mika was sleeping in & taking a break from her grueling schedule.

Mika would have shut down the sports talk .

There were glimmers today of how the show can be entertaining when the guests & host have an unscripted discussion.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is not in the South of France. There is a photo of her with Joe yesterday on Instagram.

Mika was sleeping in & taking a break from her grueling schedule.

Mika would have shut down the sports talk .

There were glimmers today of how the show can be entertaining when the guests & host have an unscripted discussion.

yeah, today was actually a really great show, which is surprising because yesterday was really, really awful. tbh I think it's that Joe is much better when he stops being a self-absorbed pompous ass and focuses on creating a fun and welcoming and relaxing environment for the guests to feel comfortable. makes a huge difference IMO and pulls out unexpected sides of guests. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I thought "in the South of France" was code word for "having another plastic surgical procedure."

• LOL 8
29 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I thought "in the South of France" was code word for "having another plastic surgical procedure."

Ye, that could be another reason. Mika will be turning 54 on May 2nd, so she may want to "freshen up for Joe"

Joe mentioned that Mika might be at Cap D'Antibes which is their favorite hotel.

Joe might be planning a special getaway for them when the borders open between the USA & France.

Joe should plan a special rant against the French government for not vaccinating all the workers at the hotel so Mika & Joe could visit.

Joe is considered to be the Jerry Lewis of political pundits in France. ( I don't know if anyone here remembers how France treated the late comedian , Jerry Lewis)

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

This Kaku guy seems super smart but I need more coffee for this.

Michio Kaku! I've been a huge fan since the late 90s when he started regularly guesting with Art Bell. Dr Kaku explains the most intricate concepts using simple terms and examples. I subscribe to C2C just so I can listen to Art's 3-hour conversations with him. Too bad we won't see him on MJ again until he writes another book. 😞

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, Mika.  Near the start of the show she struggled with “Preced... President...Precedents...Presiden.”  I’m still not sure she landed on the intended word.

And she just said “corpseman”, not “coreman” for the “corpsman” in her script.  

Edited by freddi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I watched at the top of (my) 6am hour to hear Mika's exclamation, after the date was announced, that it is her brother's birthday and she said "Happy Birthday, Mr. Ambassador". I hate that...she always has to attach herself in some way to someone else's success or status. He left his ambassador job in 2015 and I get that he has a ceremonial title but it reeks of her desperation to somehow show she's connected to Very Important People. I then heard Joe address her with a question which droned on for seemingly 20 minutes while she sat there on camera pretending to be interested and engaged and ultimately gave up and went back to scribbling on her notes or shopping list or whatever. Yesterday's show was a true gift.

• Love 5
On 4/6/2021 at 10:17 AM, oakville said:

Joe said there are over 100 million vaccinated, so its ok for kids to be back in school. Joe will not wait till September.

Victoria said her 6 & 7 year old kids tune out to online school. The kids are usually in  a classroom school. She said kid are hurt by not going to school .

I find it absolutely hilarious that Joe demands that kids go back to a crowded school yet he & Mika refuse to appear on camera together in a home based studio. Furthermore, they refuse to go back to the NY studio & host a show with Willie or even interview guests in person in a Florida studio.

The Won't Someone Think of the Children angle is really cheesing my onions. If you have concerns how about some discussion on situational depression? Or, if your child has respiratory issues, state why you're so comfortable putting that child on a plane to sit in a crowd? Could it be bc you have funding for excellent care for said child?

I just become so irritated listening to objections of cautious behavior from people who seem to have been living with pretty busy social lives despite a pandemic.

10 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I watched at the top of (my) 6am hour to hear Mika's exclamation, after the date was announced, that it is her brother's birthday and she said "Happy Birthday, Mr. Ambassador". I hate that...she always has to attach herself in some way to someone else's success or status. He left his ambassador job in 2015 and I get that he has a ceremonial title but it reeks of her desperation to somehow show she's connected to Very Important People. I then heard Joe address her with a question which droned on for seemingly 20 minutes while she sat there on camera pretending to be interested and engaged and ultimately gave up and went back to scribbling on her notes or shopping list or whatever. Yesterday's show was a true gift.

She does seem to do that attachment thing quite a bit. And sometimes I have trouble believing Mika and Joe have worked together for years, much less are a married couple. There's some kind of non-vibe there. 

Today Joe was happy about Bezos' vague statement about tax rates. Very glad Kasie was later able to remind us that a larger percentage of zero is still zero.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Does anyone know how long it's been since Joe and Mika regularly worked out of the Manhattan studio?

They did appear in the  NY studio when Joe had a gig at Prohibition prior to March 2020.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, suomi said:

Michio Kaku! I've been a huge fan since the late 90s when he started regularly guesting with Art Bell. Dr Kaku explains the most intricate concepts using simple terms and examples. I subscribe to C2C just so I can listen to Art's 3-hour conversations with him. Too bad we won't see him on MJ again until he writes another book. 😞

I agree, I love him. tho he might've been a bit wasted on the MJ panel....actual question from Barnicle: "so who *created* the universe? was it god, galileo, or einstein?" <--- pretty sure Galileo and Einstein weren't trying to take credit for the creation part? Buuut he was so gracious and smart in all his replies and also he had this gorgeous galaxy backdrop that made it look like his head was floating in space, so it was a treat all the same.  

• Love 5

I can't believe Mika actually made a really coherent point about georgia, and Joe went, "well, that's an oversimplification". Dude. Oversimplifying is literally what he does!! - it's usually annoying, sometimes it's clarifying, but he's literally the one who always pontificates about "ignoring the ground noise, focusing on the signal", and Mika is like, hey, the signal here is a level five fire alarm that democracy is getting fucked over.... and in response he goes all hunched over and cringey and rude. Oh and then of course with the shitty format he just waves his hand and makes her disappear for half an hour. she shoulda punched him.

• Love 4
(edited)

They are not exactly a PSA for getting vaccine shots, despite the nice things they are saying about the miracle of the vaccine.  I had both shots and no side effects at all.  

Is Mika not getting that Joe is quoting “Cat’s in the Cradle”?  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 6